Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid

1171819202123»

Comments

• chunt5chunt5 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Just purchased a new 2012 Access Cab 2.7 liter, 4X2, AT, SR5 in Georgia. MSRP was $23,789. Quoted internet price was $22,513 plus $399 Admin fee and tag and title fees plus sales tax.

Everything went well at the dealership until they tried to add $650 for paint sealant. I just showed the finance guy my internet quote and he took the $650 off.

Overall I had a great buying experience and I love my new Taco. I could have got the same price without the Admin fee at another dealer but that dealer did not have the color that I wanted and I did not want to wait.
  • bigandybigandy Member Posts: 70
    Sold my 2005 and I'm in the hunt for an Access Cab or Double Cab TRD Offroad/Tow Package. The inventory is very light and I'm having trouble finding exactly what I want. Anybody know if this is in preparation for the release of the 2013's or is it something else?
  • wiseone2wiseone2 Member Posts: 15
    Prices for New double cabs SR5 4x4, automatic, loaded:

Nov. 2005 I purchased an 06 off road package for $26300.
    Oct. 2008 quoted for an 09 sport package, $27657.
    Mar. 2009 quoted for an 09 sport package, $26944.
    Jan. 2010 quoted for a 2010 sport pkg long bed, $29623.

the upgrades to the Tacoma since 05 have been minimal
  • ramonmramonm Member Posts: 1
    There is a 97 Tacoma with 220,000 miles down the block from where I live. Five speed , two wheel drive and looks to be in good condition. Asking $ 2,800 for it. The miles on the truck make me wonder if I would be throwing money away . Anyone think this is a good deal ?
  • wiseone2wiseone2 Member Posts: 15
    I would look it over, ask a lot of questions regarding maint. new parts
    if it needs anything, look for leaks burning oil, if you like it low ball him.
    I've seen Toyota's hit 300k miles and I have seen Ford Rangers get up to
    400k miles, you never know what you will find.
  • steven_zsteven_z Member Posts: 4
    What is the fair price for toyota Taco Double Cab I4 Automatic with SR5 package for southern AZ?

Dealer ask for
    Regular Price........................................$26,125.00
    Your Price............................................$24,493.00
    Doc Fee...............................................$ 199.00
    Sales Tax.............................................$ 2,167.63
    Total Licence and Fees........................$ 422.00

Total Out The Door...............................$27,281.63
  • bonnanobonnano Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2013
    Just boiught a RAV for the wife..I have been looking for a Tacoma, Is this a good deal for a Southern Truck? Seller is pretty firm. Doesn't seem motivated to sell which makes me think it's really a good truck and he really does not want to sell unless he gets his price. Truck has Platnium ToyoCare Cintract for another two year and a few months. "Seems" like a good deal for a unique TRD OR. I don't like the painted fender flares and this one doesn't have them. Special Edition I guess.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2008&zip=29- - 588&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&sellerType=p&sellerTypes=p&mmt=%5BTOYOTA%- - 5BTACOMA%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&vehicleStyleCodes=TRUCKS&modelCode1=TACOMA&makeCode1=- - TOYOTA&startYear=2008&showcaseOwnerId=0&searchRadius=25&bodyStyleCodes=TRUCKS&li- - stingId=352366548&listingIndex=1&Log=0
  • terzaghi83terzaghi83 Member Posts: 6
    Any 2015 buyers have data to share?
  • quickreplyquickreply Member Posts: 43
    Just stumbled on a dealer in Santa Rosa, California who is providing some pretty decent deals on 2016 Tacomas. I saw a '16 Sport Double Cab 4x4 for $2300 off. Not bad at all for this close to the release of the new model. Best I've seen anyways.
  • guitarzanguitarzan Member Posts: 873
    edited May 2016
    After flip-flopping between used, certified, and new I decided on a new Tacoma. Aside from the hassles of my 2000 Celica, I realize I cannot handle the repairs and hassles in the short term of a used vehicle. Also, the 2000s saw the cheapening of many vehicles in order to grow the companies, in this case for Toyota to catch up with GM. Paying hyper-inflated prices for some of the worst vehicles of all time would be a terrible idea. There are my current thoughts.

Can anyone advise on the best time to buy a new Tacoma? I would want a cash incentive. I am in no hurry to buy. A salesman friend of a friend stated to purchase either Memorial Day weekend or in the fall. I am very particular and want a red one and also one without any extras, and I understand they may run out of particular vehicles by the new model year. So perhaps summer is the best time.

I will have them add heated seats which seemed to be a reasonable price, something like $250. I will go aftermarket for a remote start. I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A REMOTE START! (I have had stick shift vehicles since the 1993 Integra.) This will be my first automatic since my 1980 Delta 88. I look forward to not shifting due to back issues.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Memorial Day sounds like a good plan. Focusing on a particular color/option pack does limit your options a bit unless you are close to several dealers or find a dealer willing to swap with another dealer.

Aftermarket electrical stuff like remote starts can get flaky in a few years. If you go that route, check out the warranty. Typically dealer installed accessories will fall under the factory warranty but not always.
    Thanks for the advice. The problem I learned was that the dealer remote starter shuts the vehicle off when you open the door. That is unacceptable. I'll get a premium brand and pray from here on out.
    edited May 2016
    Oh no LOL! At some point Edmund's moderators changed from their nicknames that I have known since the beginning to their real names LOL. So whoever you are "Steve", if in fact that is your real name, it is also great to see the real you. You also appear exactly as I picture a car guy! :smile:
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    guitarzan said:

Oh no LOL! At some point Edmund's moderators changed from their nicknames that I have known since the beginning to their real names LOL. So whoever you are "Steve", if in fact that is your real name, it is also great to see the real you. You also appear exactly as I picture a car guy! :smile:

I can attest that it is him .. I've had the pleasure of meeting him for breakfast a year or so back.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited May 2016
    More of a cheapskate than a car guy though.

You know that idling from that remote start is just going to waste gas and mark my words, you'll need electrical work done on it or the ECU in five years. :p

(@michaell, Guitarzan used to be one of us, like 20 years ago. Even before my time.)
    stever said:

More of a cheapskate than a car guy though.

You know that idling from that remote start is just going to waste gas and mark my words, you'll need electrical work done on it or the ECU in five years. :p

(@michaell, Guitarzan used to be one of us, like 20 years ago. Even before my time.)

Oh, I know the user name. :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

lol, everyone here is older than dirt has been here forever.
    edited May 2016
    Michaell said:

I can attest that it is him .. I've had the pleasure of meeting him for breakfast a year or so back.

LOL - Yes, but him WHO? What was Stever's prior nickname? That's what I know people by hehe. I am guessing Mr. Shiftright as I think he helped with pricing advice, but most other names are now waning from my mind unfortunately.
    stever said:

Now I have no concern about gas use. I need to be warm! Are you out west? Probably don't understand :)
    The ECU is scary though. Based on your post I have read up on this and it sounds like individuals and amateurs are installing these without knowledge of what is involved. My mechanic is a genius so at least I do not have that concern. High power connections do need special treatment! Hrm...
    At one point before I was hired on as a community leader, I used my real name as my login. Then when I got mod tools, I deleted that history. For a while there I was stever@edmunds. Before that I was just "Steve", back in the Townhall days. I started in Dec. 2000 and I think you had left by then.
    edited May 2016
    Ah okay, thanks, I do remember you now! Wow all those posts, you have been here continuously? Wow! Very good! I had a job in 1999/2000, an extremely stressful engineering role, and I recall now leaving the community leader gig because I was going out of my mind. But I kept participating. Later on I asked about coming back but the then manager said the Town Hall was gone. The Celica forum is dead, for obvious reasons I guess, so I have not had much reason to be here these past few years. Now considering a new vehicle I will probably pop back in periodically for free advice.
    Yeah, crazy huh? And I haven't been here the longest either.

We get a lot of people who show up every three to five years - funny how that works.
  • rawbombrawbomb Member Posts: 22
    Is toyota offering any incentives on the 2016 tacoma? I spoke with a salesmen a few days ago and he said sticker is the best they can do due to high demand. I was looking for a TRD 4x4 double cab in Miami FL.
    rawbomb said:

Is toyota offering any incentives on the 2016 tacoma? I spoke with a salesmen a few days ago and he said sticker is the best they can do due to high demand. I was looking for a TRD 4x4 double cab in Miami FL.

No incentives. These are incredibly popular vehicles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

A reporter is looking to speak with car shoppers who recently purchased a truck or SUV instead of a coupe or sedan because they were influenced (at least in part) by today's low gas prices. If this sounds like your experience and you're willing to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than May 24, 2016.
    edited July 2019
    guitarzan said:

After flip-flopping between used, certified, and new I decided on a new Tacoma.

A lot of time has passed as well as a lot of stories and two insane home moves later, I decided on an Outback instead of the Tacoma. I also got the OEM remote start I have dreamed of all these years while driving a stick shift. Of course like a dummy forgot the issue that these require a restart once I get into the vehicle! Oh well there is good and bad between the OEM install versus an aftermarket shop. But all is good and comfortable in the new vehicle.

Back support? Cars are supposed to be like this? Awesome LOL.