Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid

Comments

• kenmorekenmore Member Posts: 5
    no budging any lower than what i got. I live in the midwest. the truck had short bed. i don't think they make a long bed with the off road package. i think it's only sport with long bed. i got it as a first offer internet price. no haggle no negotiation.

you should request "quick quotes" via the web to individual dealers in your area. blanket the area to see if a good deal comes up. this deal was the dealer's initial offer.
  • aaronhiaaronhi Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply. I have just really started to search but the last 3-4 vehicles we have bought have been through "internet sales." The only problem I see up here in CT in less selection. Example: 37 Tacomas at a Toyota dealership in Austin, TX., 5 at Toyota dealership in Connecticut.
  • cdgreentncdgreentn Member Posts: 2
    08 Tacoma Double Cab
    Black
    TRD Sport
    Towing package
    Carpeted Mats
    Bed Mat

$29074 plus TTR

I had a deal for an 07 for $1000 less but dealer could not find a 07 black TRD Sport. I lose the 500 cash back and they charged me 500 more for the 08.
  • carguy155carguy155 Member Posts: 1
    2007 Tacoma

TRD Off Road
    CF Floor Mats
    TO Towing Package
    DZ Deluxe Sound System w/ 6 CD Changer

I paid 28321 which was 23821 cash and $4500 on a trade in.

What do you guys think? Did I get a good deal? Invoice on the truck was 27, 603 and they wouldn't budge past $500 over. I am located in the Pacific Northwest.

Thanks
  • kristopherlkristopherl Member Posts: 5
    I have contract for an '07 DC V6 4X4 longbed with Sport package, tow package, deluxe stereo and floor mats for $28,072 before TTR(MSRP $31,054). The dealer could not locate an '07 so I am now waiting for an '08... I am assuming that I will be getting it for the same price plus $140 since the MSRP only went up by that amount. That price was not including a factory rebate.
  • linkfeeneylinkfeeney Member Posts: 58
    Tacoma has been selling that much that the 07 are all gone??
    WTF!!!
    What the hell?!?!
    I guess they wont work with me when i decide to get one in a couple of months!
  • cdgreentncdgreentn Member Posts: 2
    It depends if they were quoting you a price including rebate. The $500 rebate is only good on 07's.
  • samster0077samster0077 Member Posts: 1
    Just bough an 07 SR5 PreRunner DBLCAB
    CF
    and the 6 disc changer.. $23,100 Sticker 26,200

Love it! Why did I wait so long to buy one.. Bought 8/4/07 Tomball, TX

only regret: I really should have seriously considered the 4x4... These things really make you wanna go off-road.

-Sam
  • l0vetruksl0vetruks Member Posts: 1
    anyone know which of the toyota dealers in san diego will give the best deals on the tacoma (at invoice).
  • kristopherlkristopherl Member Posts: 5
    that pricing was without the rebate ;)
  • redrt88redrt88 Member Posts: 2
    I have been after a Tacoma for around 10 years. Between kids and being overseas, it just didn't work. While looking for a car for my son, I stumbled upon the truck I have been dreaming of. It was a 99 Taco TRD Xcab V6 4X4. It had everything I wanted. The list was $12,900 and I paid $10,900. This was a high volume dealership that moves a ton of vehicles. They were willing to deal.
  • tc07tc07 Member Posts: 10
    I had been looking for about 3 months when I found a dealer "willing to trade". I never can find a dealer that will trade with me right away. I always have to find one who is actually looking for volume sales for a particular month. Incentives peole...the factory incentives are what drives the dealer to sell. The one I purchased was a 2007 with 31 miles. Tacoma double cab, 2 wd with the SR5 and towing package and fully loaded. I paid $19,300 after trading in a worn out chevy S-10 a 2001 model with 155,000 miles. The best I had found anyone willing to trade with me was 22,000. I always hold out until I find a dealer who will trade with ME.
  • matjam68matjam68 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

I have tried to buy 2 different slightly used tacomas with the identical specs and near same mileage. I have offered 15k out the door for each one of them, but one wanted over 17k OTD and the other is asking for 16k OTD. Specs are as follows.

2007 Super White Tacoma Reg cab, Automatic, 4x2, enhancement package(AC), floor mats, pinstriping. Both of them have about 2.5k miles.

Am I not offering enough for either of these? Both of them do not seem willing to deal and is pretty much take it or leave it. I am located in D/FW texas area. Please help.
  • tc07tc07 Member Posts: 10
    It is VERY difficult to buy a nearly new vehicle at a decent price. The dealers all will tell you, "It is JUST LIKE NEW"....and want the same money for one with a few miles on it as they do for a brand new one. The same goes for Chevy, Ford, Nissan etc...My advice would be to buy a new one or keep looking until you find a dealer who will sell for what YOU are wanting to pay...it always has worked for me...I have bought about 20 new vehicles in my lifetime over the past 30+ years and it has never failed me. If I have a price in mind I will find what I want FOR that price. Or within $500 of it.
  • spatulamanspatulaman Member Posts: 157
    Would anybody know where I could find the value of an '01 Tacoma 4x4 V6 SR5 w/ Manual trans and 47k miles as of 3 years ago?
  • kpri101kpri101 Member Posts: 2
    Go to Toyota of El Cajon. Look them up on the internet. They have the largest inventory. Get an internet price. Infact get an internet price from 3 or 4 dealers. Be specific as to what model you want, color, extras. You will get prices that are 2-3k less than msrp. Don't be afraid to pit dealers against dealers. I got my Indigo Blue PreRunner Access cab with TRD package, tow, mats for $22845. One more thing, get financing ahead of time. Be friendly but firm. Good luck.
  • geque75geque75 Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday, I purchased a new 07 Tacoma Prerunner 4 Door with SR5 #2 and floor mats at Cobb County Toyota. I paid after all fees and before taxes, $21575. Went through their internet department and had a good experience. In the southeast, if you purcahse new at a dealership, you will have to pay a $675 destination charge thanks to the distributor agreement with Toyota.
  • jim1504jim1504 Member Posts: 8
    Purchased a 2008 Tacoma Access Cab with conven. package & mats for $19.8k out the door at Toyota of Fort Worth. Very good experience.
  • ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    I'm looking to buy a 2008 4 Door, Long bed 2WD V6 in the next month or so. Hopefully there will be more price posting for 2008's soon.
  • aav213aav213 Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me the specs of this toyota you purchased? (FT. WORTH TOYOTA)package, mileage, etc.? Also, the name of the sales guy. I would appreciate the info., thanks.
    It's a 2008 Tacoma Access cab with convenience package/mat/protection package for $19,817 out the door. This is the second new Toyota I bought from him this year. Both times all the other dealers said that he would never sell the vehicle at that price. He has people flying in from all over to buy cars/trucks. His name is Scott Bolin & email address is sbolin.toyotaoffortworth@eleadtrack.net
    Tell him Jim Williamson referred you and ask for the bottom line price. He'll email you the price & will stick to the price he quotes.
    Jim
    Thanks., appreciate the info...
  • randexrandex Member Posts: 1
    I'll second that. I just purchased a 2007 Tacoma Access Cab, TRD off road with tow package. It was a great buying experience. Get in touch with Rene Wolfe. He's good people. We ironed everything out over the internet/phone. Rene was totally up front and when I got there, everything went down EXACTLY as we discussed. There was absolutely no pressure from him or Ray (the F & I guy). I highly recommend them. If you're within 100 miles (or even more), it's worth the drive.
  • jfryan24bjfryan24b Member Posts: 1
    Boston: Just paid $12,686 cash, no trade; List $16,175
    Automatic SR5 #2 Access Cab, Aluminum wheel upgrade,; ...

Sale price $23100 after incentives/haggling....Comes out to $24700 out the door. I have this offer. Is this a good deal? In DFW.
    Much too high. I was offered a similar truck (not sure about the aum wheels) for less than $21k OTD.
    Where can I get a deal like that? Are you in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area?
  • tnboytnboy Member Posts: 11
    Just bought (11/24) an '08 Tacoma V-6 Auto PreRunner w/$2,235 SR5 Pkg, $800 Vehicle Stability Control/Traction Control/Limited Slip Differential, etc. Pkg & $40 Daytime Running Lights req'd with the VSC, $400 Alloys, $650 Tow Pkg, $200 6-CD, 6 Speaker Upgrade, $199 Carpeted Floor Mats (this price was inflated by $60, but more than offset what other dealers were adding for other B-S), & $20 Fuel Surcharge from Toyota for delivery, from Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville, NC. MSRP: $26,094 (no add-ons): discount: $2,856 (including $750 Toyota Cash-Back): out-the-door price, not including sales tax: $23,238. That was the amount of my check: $23,238. Plus, the truck had a full tank of gas... $60 worth... and they give you 3 free oil changes (any 3, not just the first 3)...that's another $100 where I come from. Also, very nice to deal with...no B-S! I live in East Tennessee and drove 175 miles, each way, to take advantage of this deal that beat the heck out of any dealer in my area! And NO, I am not related to anyone who works at JBT...just a very satisfied customer.
    I got the 2008 Tacoma Prerunner V6 automatic SR5 pkg #2, alum wheel upgrade, etc. MSRP: $25800. Got it for $22100 ($23600 OTD). This beat the quotes I got from other Toyota dealerships in the DFW area...
  • buzz144buzz144 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a "new" Tacoma with over 700 miles on it. I guess it is a "demo" because I know it has not been titled before.

It is a Prerunner SR5, 4Cyl, manual with all the goodies.

I can find the price for a new one as well as the price for a used one.
    But does anyone know how I go about finding the price for a "demo"? :confuse:
  • sako243sako243 Member Posts: 2
    i bought an 08 toco access cab trd off road package 4x4 27,500 out the door. im in pa and bought the truck in scranton pa. had a down payment at mortor world in wilkes-barre pa on a monday went to pick it up on the following wensday and they sold the truck in me on tuesday. if anyone in this forum lives in the scranton wilkes-barre area please do not deal with motor world in wilkes-barre pa bought the truck at toyota in dickson city pa
  • sethnagasethnaga Member Posts: 50
    is this 4WD or 2 WD?

Thanks
  • sethnagasethnaga Member Posts: 50
    is this 4WD or 2 WD?

Thanks
    2WD.
  • bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    Is anyone getting discounts on the 08 Tacoma's?

I need an Access Cab, 4cyl automatic 2WD, A/C, and pretty much nothing else. What would be a decent bottom line on that truck? I think the window sticker shows a little over $18K.

Thanks,,,
    If you're close enough to NC, Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville always discounts, and from the MSRP (no dealer BS added to the MSRP and THEN discounted). I have noticed it seems manuals are discounted more heavily than automatics...I guess because fewer people want the manuals...and the more heavily optioned, the deeper the discount...I assume because either the dealer profit on the options is high and therefore easily discounted, the dealer gets most of its profit out of the base truck, a more heavily optioned truck is harder to sell, or some combination of the three. The result is that sometimes you can get some nice options for little or nothing over the price of a base model. Anyway, at JBT you can expect anywhere from an 8 to 12% discount off the MSRP. You can view their inventory, including their discounted prices, at jimbarkleytoyota.com. And don't forget to check Toyota's cash back/rebate offers in effect at any given point in time. I really think if one dealer can discount, they all can. I searched long and hard before I bought my Tacoma Access Cab at JBT, and nobody else even came close. I ordered my truck (took about 5-6 weeks to get it) and had to drive about 175 miles (one way) to Asheville, but the savings made it worth my while. Also, from what I've read here, discounting does vary depending on what part of the country you're in. Also, MSRP's vary around the country, which I think is because different regional distributors play around with the BS their dealers are required to pay for their trucks. Bottom line: you should be able to find discounted Tacomas. I would suggest going back and reading some of the deals posted here that other folks got and seeing where they got them. You can probably find a discounter near you if you just look hard enough. Good Luck!
  • johnwilljohnwill Member Posts: 7
    In Milford, MA.

Just bought 2008 Tacoma Access Cab, 6 cyl, auto:

MSRP: $29,459

INVOICE $26,876

Leased for a Gross cap cost of $26,476
  • tggtgg Member Posts: 1
    I bought this 2007 Tacoma Access Cab 4-cyl Auto with SR5 #2, Floor Mats, for $18169, including the $1k rebate, total was $20k OTD.

This was Pasadena Toyota, CA

The truck has 19 miles when I test drove it. But when I got it home, I took some photos, and got concerned since I saw some rust in the exhaust pipe, and signs of leaked coolant. Since this is the last 2007 they got, I wonder if there's something they didn't tell me. Please advise. Thanks.

Here's the photos:
    link title
  • dinoladinola Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2008 Tacoma prerunner SR5 access cab with convenience package for $19,300. This also includes an interest free loan for 36 months. This beats many of the prices i have seen recently for used tacomas. Hopefully the new tacomas will be as reliable as the old ones.
  • jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
    I'm done beating my head against the wall at the chevy store (tried to purchase a left over 07 in stock for 3 days, and couldn't get a call back before the end of the month). Time to get real, and buy a Toyota.
    Looking at an 08 Tacoma 4x4 V6 auto, double cab, with the sport package. MSRP is just over 30k.
    Is 12% off sticker realistic?
    Is Toyota running a 0% for 60 months, or 1.9% for 72 on the Taco's?
  • johnwilljohnwill Member Posts: 7
    Yes. Very.
    No, 0% for 36, no special on 72.
    All at least up here in Boston area.
    Go to their site and click on "Find Local Specials."
    Good luck.
  • sgkozansgkozan Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone provide the name of a good reputable dealer in SW states (Arizona, Texas)? I want to purchase a 2003 to 2005 Tacoma.

Thanks!
  • dobiusdobius Member Posts: 4
    My husband and I went shopping today Central NY area, and are looking at the 08 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Double Cab with the SR5 Pkg. # 2. It invoices at 26,078. Since the dealer tells you what the invoice price is, and and everybody says just give them 300 over invoice, then negotiating a price just got pretty easy. Too good to be true! So with an invoice like this what would be a good starting bid? You know there's other hidden fees. We don't want to dicker for hours with them, we want the vehicle, but would like to know what others are paying for this same vehicle. Anybody out there bought one of these???
  • sgkozansgkozan Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me the name and location of the dealership. I would really appreciate it. thanks.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Nothing wrong with $300 over. These are invoice and/or near invoice trucks. Offer 'em $500 back of invoice and when they counter at invoice or $100 over, sign the papers and drive home in your new truck.
  • greencabingreencabin Member Posts: 3
    Just got an '08 Access Cab Auto 4x4 Rugged Terrain TRD (black wheels, fenders, etc) + Tow Package and upgraded stereo for $27,690 OTD (tax is 7% in my county). MSRP was: $29,430. There was a $1,000 Toyota rebate.

Local dealer - Cherokee County Toyota, Canton, GA.

Nice people although wanted to run my SSN (supposedly to make sure I wasn't a terrorist) even though I was paying cash.

The deal was OK the first shot but actually had walked away with no deal until they rang me the next morning agreeing to the deal. Their first offer was about $2,000 higher, then came to $1,000, then what we agreed upon the next morning. I had done my research but still ended up paying $500 more than I had planned - although I don't believe it could have gotten better anyway. Jim Barkley in Asheville, NC would only do it for $500 more and I would have had to drive 150 miles

All trucks there come with a booklet of discounts including first two oil changes free. Value supposedly $600 if you use them all.
  • esp4p3esp4p3 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a double cab prerunner, V6, Auto, 2WD short bed with the base SR5 package (SL). I paid $22,700 or 100 over invoice and came out at about 25k OTD. I opted for the 2.9% financing instead of the rebate. I am in southern cal, do you think I got a decent deal? I was talking to a friend who bought a similar tacoma except he got 4WD with the off road package for 27k OTD. It seems he got a great deal and made me feel like I could have done better if I tried.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    $100 over & 2.9% on a Taco... you got a good deal! Don't worry what your friend says, you did great.

Enjoy the truck, now.
  • bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    I concur esp4p3 got a good deal.

I took the rebate, got mine for $88 over invoice. What do you know, the tightwads wouldn't give me 2.9% financing! Ended up getting 6.1% at a local bank. Oh well, can't win them all. Toyota thinks they hold all the cards, because they do.
  • hermannhermann Member Posts: 38
    Whats a good price on this truck in the KC area. It is a SR5 with SR5 option package #2 and mats, ect. Dealer is including Toyota running boards/steps. His first offer is $18500. Is there more room..

Thanks in advance.