Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Dakota Owners: Events

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Dodge
Please post any Dakota meets/events here!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• bobs5bobs5 Member Posts: 557
    Attention all North East Dakota owners.
    NJ,Pa,NY, and anyone else interested.

Next year, I would like to get NE Dakota owners together for either a Dakota Meet or Salt Water Fishing Trip. If anyone has interest, let me know. Already have a few people interested in a fishing trip from another Dakota website.

If there are few responses, then in a worse case scenerio, I will probably have a bar-be-que here in Edison NJ. We could check out each others trucks and have a nice day together.

Hopefully will have more responses as time goes along. Really would like to go on a fishing trip next year for fluke or bluefish. Many charter boats in the central NJ area.

Let me know if anyone here is interested, so plans can be made accordingly.

Thank you,
    Bob
    There seems to be a mixed response from the different Dakota sites I have posted this event about.

I guess this will have to be 2 seperate events, as not everyone seems interested in a fishing trip. Thats fine with me, we could have a Meet on Saturday and Fish on Sunday or whatever.

Those people interested, please respond as to which event your interested in....A Dakota Meet OR a Fishing Trip.

Thank you,
    Bob
    rshusternj@hotmail.com
    Also, if anyone is interested in both events thats cool too.
  • bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    I will have you know that I never have to ask my bride's permission to do anything. Try the word, "begging." My job jar along with my cup, runneth over.

Bookitty
  • ahasherahasher Member Posts: 236
    sadly, with my work schedule, and being "down South" in New Orleans, the time and distance to make something as good as a Dak meet make me just a "wanna-go" quadder. Anyway I just wanted to say I think you have a good idea going there and definetly regret not being able to participate (this time).

Bill
    Ha Ha Ha... begging ..thats too funny.

Even though your job jar is full, I would guess that a day off would be in order for a single day, after having done so much work.

Let me know if you, the Mrs., and Boo, would be interested.
    Bob
    rshusternj@hotmail.com
    That would be a long trip to make it. We will think of you when the events occur.
    Bob
    Please send me an email so I can contact you when plans are definate.
    rshusternj@hotmail.com

Are you more interested in the bar-be-que/Meet rather than a fishing trip?

Hope bpeebles responds if he is this area.
  • spike50spike50 Member Posts: 481
    I've been off-line for awhile. Many discussions to read over but I too would be interested in attending.
  • hogger4hogger4 Member Posts: 29
    As an origionator of this idea, I will be glad to organize an event that will be held in upstate New York or Pennsylvania. Does not have to involve fishing! Concensus of potential attendees will rule. Location will probably be a State Park or other public gathering place. Let me know your interest. Thanks!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Just an FYI...Edmunds.com will send a box of "goodies" to the event organizer to pass out to members attending. Please email me for details!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • ferousferous Member Posts: 226
    Karen,
    We have 3 Quads within 2 blocks in my subdivision. I think that qualifies as a full time event. What "goodies" do we get???
    spike50
    Send me an email as to your preference so I can keep a list of those interested and can plan accordingly.
    rshusternj@hotmail.com

hogger4
    Your more than welcome to attend if the distance is not too far for you.
    I remember your previous attempt or organise a meet, but that location was too far away for me.
    Take care,
    Bob
    Hey, that's nothin' compared to my neighborhood! We have five Quads!

What are the "goodies"? Well...I know there are t-shirts and other "stuff", but I can't be all that specific...mostly because I don't know! I'm just the messenger. :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • themacguythemacguy Member Posts: 417
    we don't shoot the messenger - we invite her. ;->
    Aw..gee...thanks! Guess you've heard about my infamous potato salad that I bring to every outing. :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • amend1amend1 Member Posts: 98
    I would be interested in a get together, of whatever the choosing. A BBQ would be perfect.
    w_amend@yahoo.com
    I would be interested in a get together, of whatever the choosing. A BBQ would be perfect.
    w_amend@yahoo.com
    Was wondering if this event is still a possibility? I know priorities change and this may not be high on the list.
  • mopar67mopar67 Member Posts: 728
    We could try again.
    I asked last fall, but there were not too many responses to make it worthwhile.
    My email lost the messages sent to me, so I don't have a list anymore.
    I am still interested in a bbq.
    I'm still interested. From what I remember it was going to be in NJ but in what part? I live near Harrisburg, PA so I can make it a one-day round trip unless we start fixing things. Then it depends on how many beers it takes to get all of the jobs done.
  • iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    If memory serves the party was going to be at Bookitty's cottage. Rick
    love to attend!
    I would make the journey to the jersey shore.

If we can find a place for the BBQ, I'm in!
  • bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Actually Rick, you mentioned "if memory serves" and at my age, it doesn't.

Bookitty
    Looks like there is some interest but no meeting place. The old posts talked about Edison, NJ. Is a NJ location most desirable for PA/NJ/NY Dak owners or are there other ideas? Was the original idea to have it at a local park, parking lot, or someone's property? What was the approximate number of possible attenders from the original responses? I think that it should be a BYOB/Food event to keep costs to a minimum. Not saying that we have to go back to the original idea but I wanted to get some background so we can move forward if the spirit moves us. BTW - If it should happen (time frame completely open but in 2002), this should / will be open to any Dak owner who wants to make the trip, regardless of their location.
    I'm in for a meet. Let me know. I'm in northern most Jersey
    I thought about having it at my/dads place in Edison, but with my dad's health, would rather have it elsewhere.

My email lost the messages sent to me, so the list will have to begin anew. If memory serves correctly, there were 4 responses from Edmunds townhallers.

The BYOB/food is a good idea.

Anytime is good for me, except the last week of July and first week of August. I'll be on Vacation in Maine then.

It would be desireable if the place is within a few hours drive or so for me.

Hopefully a mutual place and time can be planned.
    Bob
    Humm, only four people responded the last time? For some reason I thought it was more (10 - 20). If that's all (5 - 10), I could have it at my place as long as people behave themselves (reasonable quitting time, no donuts in the yard, etc.). Again, I live in the area bordered by Hershey (home of Hershey Amusement Park), Hummelstown, Middletown (home of TMI), and Elizabethtown. PA Turnpike, Rt 283, and Rt 81/78 are nearby. What do you think?
    Sounds like a plan, if there are enough people to attend.

I have been to the Hershey amusement park before.

If you wish to be the coordinator, more power to ya. I do not have full time access to a computer, so this task is too difficult to fit into my daily schedule.

bob

Anyone else interested?
  • iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    I'd love to but I think Hershey is a little too far from Omaha,NE
    bob5 - There hasn't been a line of people signing up for our Get-Together. I'll keep my plans open in case there's more interest sometime in the future.

Planning to go to some motorcycle functions (BMW - Airheads)('81 R100) this fall so we might have to do some juggling.
    I noticed the lack of interest too. Let me know if anything evolves.
  • franziafranzia Member Posts: 18
    I live in Williamsport, PA and would be interested in attending a get together. If it is more than a two hour drive I would prefer to sleep over. I bring my own beer and food. Just looking for some other quaders to hang with.
    frazia - I'm a '72 grad of Mansfield State (old name) so I still like to take the old Rt 15 route (downtown, Trextron plant, Strohmann's Bakery, Mountain Top Diner) through Williamsport when heading up. The good old days of 45-50 mph traffic, all of the way up.
    I remember it like it was yesterday. Response for both proposed events (2001 & 2002) wasn't very good (I thank that "one" person for getting back to me). Any other part of the country making plans? I'll come to yours.
  • slickwilliedjslickwilliedj Member Posts: 252
    anybody know of any Dakota clubs in this area of florida? If you live in the south florida lets get together with a meet!
    Anyone going to this from July 16-18? BMW mc's are the marque brand this year. I have an '81 R100. They have a huge flea market that may have the odd bits that I looking for.
  • texasnativetexasnative Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know of any Dakota clubs in South Texas? I have a 2000 Club Cab
    Sport with a cold air intake and Cat back duals and am looking to do alot more to it.
This discussion has been closed.