Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What Car is Right For Me? Help Me Choose!

Comments

• sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    do you want more torque or more horsepower? Supercharged? Turbocharged? What is wrong with inline?
  • bmwbenz06bmwbenz06 Member Posts: 2
    I am actually looking for both horsepower and torque, but horsepower is primary. Super/Turbocharged doesn't really matter, but I would prefer it not becuase it significantly raises insurance costs for me. Thanks for all of your help.
  • flkeyflkey Member Posts: 11
    most bang for the buck is Acura CL typeS at 260hp,
    5spd auto, 17in alloys, all leather, 6cd in-dash,
    all for under $20k. only made 01,02,03. 03 offered
    6spd manual trans. i believe. have 01, gets 22 to 30
    mpg.
  • 398lbft398lbft Member Posts: 5
    Is there evidence that Hyundai has good reliability ?
  • lathamlatham Member Posts: 33
    Long term, I don't think there's evidence yet.

I remember reading good things in Consumer Reports about recent models, and hearing of surveys by J.D. Power with the same info, that in recent years, Hyundai has imporved very much.
  • sweet1plum2000sweet1plum2000 Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to find a Dusty Rose Chevrolet sedan (not sure the model)that I can fix up sporty. I plan on a hood scoop, sunroof, and some type of rear spoiler. Saw this in the Dusty Rose color and that is Chevrolet's color. Could have been custom though. So, any ideas on which vehicles would be easiest to convert to a sporty look or come that way? I need to have the four door sedan, and not a compact car, medium size is great! Thanks for any suggestions...or places to look for suggestions.
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    Dusty Rose color? That's pretty vague. Is it a light purple, pink, red? Drive around a few dealers lots and see if you find anything that color.
  • ktl238ktl238 Member Posts: 4
    I am currently in the market for a car for my 45 year old mom, and for myself when I am home for the summers. We are only looking to spend about $10,000, but if necassary can maybe squeeze out $12,000 at the most for a good deal. My precious '86 Accord just died after all these years, and I am looking to replace it with a compact or sub-compact sedan. I am not looking to sell it back any time soon, as I will probobly get to keep it for myself once I graduate college, and I am only just finishing my first year.

I obviously need something that will last a while, preferably with good gas milage. Ideally, I'm looking for something kind of sporty-looking thats fun to drive and won't look run-of-the-mill or super dated in 5+ years. I am currently thinking of:

1) VW Jetta
    -This one is my favorite. Is the 2001 worth getting over a 2002? There is a big price difference.

2) Honda Civic

3) Toyota Corolla

4) Saturn Ion

5) Open for suggestions!

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    Scratch 1) and 4).. those aren't good long-term cars..

2) and 3) are great cars, but kind of pricey as used models..

I'd also suggest the Chevy Prizm (a twin to the Corolla) or the Mazda Protege or Protege5 if you like sporty hatchback/wagons..

You can get any of those for $10K or less in an '02 model, with a little shopping... You'll probably have to get an '01 in the Civic or Corolla to get into that price range.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ktl238ktl238 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the advice!

I havn't even done any test-driving and this is already so draining. There is so much out there. I'm so tempted to just say "screw it" and get a '00 Mustang! Ha, but I'm not so sure that is what you would necessarily call a wise investment, as much as I love them!

I think out of everything so far, the hardest choice in budget car shopping is choosing either to go for a late model and get an "affordable" make (i.e. newer Ford Focus) or sacrifice a few years for something a little flashier ( '00 Audi A4 for $10K)
    If you are on a budget, avoid high-line cars out of warranty.. They will make you cry.. You could probably drive a new Accord for $21K cheaper than you could drive that $10K Audi over the next three years...

I know they are tempting, and it is easy to rationalize the purchase, but it would be a very expensive car to own..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• saintrosesaintrose Member Posts: 2
    Any ideas what car is the better deal/nicer car? I can spend upto $21K on a new car that will need to last me atleast 7 years. I like the look of both these cars. What do owners of each think?

Does anyone have Pros/Cons of each.

Thanks so much!!
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hi saintrose, welcome!

This would make a great topic for a new discussion and I think you'll reach more people that way. Why don't you hop over to the Comparisons - Sedans vs. Sedans board and fire it up.

If you need help with any of the logistics around here, feel free to drop me an email - check my profile for the address.

Have fun!
  • gbofrngbofrn Member Posts: 3
    I am in a similar situation to where Blue was back in 2001 (post#52: "Trying to stay under $30k, but a couple of my choices will probably be just over. This car would be mainly a commuter and some highway miles on weekends. Safety is paramount, but I'd like some speed and handling to go with it if possible."). I have about a 20min drive to train station in suburbs of NY, and his criteria are right in line with mine. Any suggestions? I would like to seal the deal today if possible as my wife and I just moved from NYC and only have one car. Thanks!

I've shopped Audi and Saab (any other suggestions? I haven't even checked out BMW). Audi is all wheel drive, but Saab has traction control. Both interiors were comfortable, but small in the back seat, although Saab seemed slightly roomier. I liked the test drive on both, but for some reason Saab breaks felt stronger (not sure if that is true)?

Current quotes I received for 12K miles and 36 mo's are:
    - Saab 9-3 2005 $397/mo smart buy Arc
    - Audi A4 1.8 2005 $420/mo lease

Audi had more features included (e.g., sunroof).

Any help is most appreciated.
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    Why not an American sedan with Volvo design input and safety systems? Ford Five Hundred. You can get your AWD and stay very well south of $30K.

Further advice: Buy don't lease and drive the wheels off the car. (Say ten years and 120K miles or so or more. You will be much money ahead. Your lease rates of $397-420 a month, even assuming nothing down, means you are spending $14292 to $15120 for three years of driving, and at the end you have nothing to show for it except a depleted bank account.
  • joshsjoshs Member Posts: 22
    If the advice is still on time, I agree with Badgerfan about one thing: don't lease, buy. When you lease, you're for the most expensive part of the car, the first 2-3 years of depreciation. Then you have to start over again.

In your price range, I'd suggest a Volve S40w/AWD; an Acura TSX--it's not European, but derived from the European market, and the refinement, handling, and (to a lesser degree) speed criteria apply; or one of the remodeled Jettas (if you like the old one so much).

Stay away from the Saab and the Ford Five Hundred--both are getting relatively poor reviews, and the Five Hundred especially would not have the handling or speed you mention as desireable. On top of that, look at J.D. Power for reliability and problems per vehicle. Some makes are consistently more problem-prone than others.

Hope this helps...
  • toddk19toddk19 Member Posts: 2
    To make a long story short, I've suffered some ear damage from attending a car race and then later a long plane flight. As a result, I have ringing in my ears and my ears are very sensitive to engine noise - it seems the engine is 2-3 times as loud as it was before. So, to avoid more damage, I've been wearing earplugs while I drive - I'm also thinking about trading in one of my cars for a quieter one.

Can anyone provide recommendations of cars that are very quiet, especially with respect to engine noise? Also, are there good rules of thumb, such as whether a V6 or 4 cylinder, or certain makes of cars, are quieter than others?

I currently have a 92 Camry and an 02 Solara and the Camry is actually a little easier on me. Also, I found a thread on here from around 3 years ago that said that Lincoln Town Cars are the quietest ones out there, is that still the case?

Thanks,
    Todd
  • lynncallowlynncallow Member Posts: 1
    My husband has the same problem as you do and we also are looking for the quietest car we can find. In Consumer Reports the luxury sedans have the highest ratings regarding quiet. These are cost prohibitive, however.

Interesting that you mention that your Camry is quieter that your Solara because that is what I found. The higher end Camry - the XLE V6 has the highest rating regarding quiet and won't break the bank. I think I would buy the best Camry with crash protect side air bags which is highly recommended to add as without them it received a Poor rating in the IIHS side-crash test. With them it received the BEST rating.

I'm going to speak to my husband about this tonight. Sounds like the best idea to me. Good luck to you. From experience, this can be a devastating ailment. We moved to a very quiet house, bought an LG refrigerator which from much research has the lowest decibel level I could find. Noise level is the FIRST criteria in anything I buy these days. Panasonic seems to make a quiet bathroom ventilation fan as well as a quiet exhaust fan for over the stove.
    -Lynn
  • devonevon264devonevon264 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am looking for a vehicle to take to college sophomore year. My price maximum is 23K and I prefer a four-door vehicle. My top choices right now are, mazda3, 2006 sonata, mazda6, the new mustang, the toyota camry, and the saab 9-3. A sunroof is a must!
  • devonevon264devonevon264 Member Posts: 3
    Scratch the Ion off your list!!!!!
  • carquerycarquery Member Posts: 35
    Hi,

I'm looking to trade-in my mid-sized SUV since I find I'm using it 85% of the time in city driving and the mileage (15-16mpg with premium) is a major bummer. However, I do like the spaciousness of the cabin and the roominess in the back seat, which makes a big difference with two car seats in the back. My wife's Outback Legacy feels very cramped with the car seats and is really too small for me in the front (I'm just about 6'0"). I thought about the Scion Xb, Honda Element but have safety concerns with all of those. Can anybody recommend a roomy sedan (big back seat area) that gets good mileage (24+ in the city) that also has good safety features.

Any input would be most welcome.

Thanks!
    One that comes to mind is the Avalon. Are you thinking new? Check into our 2005 Avalon discussion (or the 2004 and earlier Avalon if that's what you had in mind).

I'm sure others will have more suggestions, but browse around the sedan discussions here and the sedans section of Edmunds in the meantime.
    If you considered the Honda Element, I'd suggest a CR-V instead.. It has great back seat room with easy access...

Also, has stability control, side curtain airbags, etc..

Most people average around 24 MPG around town.. I wouldn't bet on the Avalon doing that, unless you have a very light foot..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah you might be right about Avalon's around town mileage ... but the CR-V isn't a sedan. ;)

If carquery looks into the Avalon here, he'll find other comparable vehicles to pursue as well - just one place to start.
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    The Toyota Camry has a surprising amount of room and the 4 cyl gets at least 24 mpg city. Huge trunk too. Nissan Maxima is a V6 so a bit less, but still probably 22 or so.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • alamedaboyalamedaboy Member Posts: 2
    Have you heard of Quietcar or Brownpaper? These are sound deadening materials which you can apply to the various panels of your car to really dampen the noise. I am looking to apply one of these products to my Honda Civic. I am hoping that someone else has tried one of these and can make a recommendation.
    I think I have the spelling right..

Varmint who frequents the CR-V forums has used this on his CR-V..

I'll try to find a link...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This is one message.. but if you search for "Dynamat" within this discussion, you'll see a few more..

Dynamat

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for that, kyfdx.
  • palthianpalthian Member Posts: 1
    I am sixteen and am looking for a new sedan. My price range is around $18,000 after tax, but living in the wonderful state of Washington with 8.8% sales makes that about $16,500 before. Transmission type is not important. I want air conditioning and automatic locks. Other than that... Anything's game.

Thank you.
  • zodiacviizodiacvii Member Posts: 6
    I'm 19 years old and looking to buy myself a used car. I've got my eye on a 2001 Acura Integra that is at the Saturn dealership where I live. I'll give a basic rundown of what I currently know about the car, although I'll be getting more information (declarations, etc.) about it soon.

The car costs $13,970CDN ($11,368US), and has 81,400 kilometres (50,579 miles) on it. It was previously a lease car, apparently accident free, although I'll be asking for the declarations of the vehicle or get information through the bank (depending on how I finance it). It's been through a 150 point inspection by the dealership and they are offering a 5,000 kilometre warranty, although I'm sure I can get a better warranty from them without having to pay more. I'm going to the dealership today (hopefully before they close) to get more information.

From what is known, does anything think this is a car I should avoid? I suppose we won't really know until I have declarations and service records, but so far everything seems to look great. Only problem I have with the car are the rims and tires, would prefer nicer rims and larger tires.
    Hi - you could start by cruising through the conversation in our Low End Sedans discussion. Reading up there could give you an idea of which ones strike your interest. Then you can look them up on our home site, http://www.edmunds.com, as well as use the Browse by Vehicle search on the left to find specific discussions on them. This should help you narrow down your search and then some test drives should clinch it for you.

Good luck!
    Hi. There are several places here you need to check. You can look up reviews, pricing and specs on the 01 Integra on our home site at this link: http://www.edmunds.com/used/2001/acura/integra/index.html.

You can read and ask questions about it in this discussion: Acura Integra - (All years/styles). And you can also drop by our Real-World Trade-In Values discussion to see what our good friend Terry (rroyce10, a dealer) thinks the car is worth. (If you do this be sure to include all of the requested information in the list above the post box.)

Hope this helps!
  • laydilaydi Member Posts: 9
    Greetings! I'm a former owner of a '00 ES300 and '02 ES300. I *absolutely* loved the prestige of driving a Lexus. The color combo of the '00 was graphite/black and the '02 was gold/cream. I definitely prefer the black interior and I have quite honestly been spoiled with the luxury convenience features like heated seats, passenger control climate, moonroof, speed controlled volume, etc. The '02 had a Nav system, rain sensor wipers, and more bells and whistles than I could imagine but the radical change in body style reminded me too much of a Camry and I would prefer s distinct style in my vehicle. (I actually walked up to a Camry on several occasions thinking it was mine). :blush:

So now I'm looking at the '02 or '03 GS430 (I like the luxury sport sedan combo), the '04 G35 and the '04 or '05 Acura TL. I'm hearing great things about the Nav system in the TL which is not a need but a definite desire. Some of the things that I have not experienced but would like to have are:
    -Bluetooth capability (I didn't have a Bluetooth capable phone when I had the '02)
    -Steering wheel controls for radio/cd
    -DVD/CD Player
    -Voice commands for Nav
    -Traffic guidance for Nav
    (I hear these last 2 items are features of the TL's nav system)

Oh and my price range is low 30's. :P Yes, I know I want the world. (But what's a single female with no children to do these days besides splurge on herself before she's unable to do so?) I'm not sure I want to give up driving a Lex but I just might have to. Any thoughts?
  • delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    Based upon your requirements...the 2005 TL is my recommendation (and which I own).

Why I would recommend? If you enjoy the luxury of a Lexus, then the TL has the mix for you. The interior is definitely superior to the G35...and will remind you of the Lexus GS series. It even rivals my 2004 BMW 7 series.

Features....it has all the items you have indicated. Bluetooth...controls, etc. If you order them through the G35...you are looking to add $7k above the TL through a package.

Stereo...6 CD indash changer...with 8 speakers with universally accepted superior performance. Controlled with buttons on the steering wheel.

Dual climate zones. Power seats. All the features you indicated are included in the model without any premium packages to buy.

Performance...well it has 270 hp and the latest Car and Driver magazine shows that it can easily keep up with the BMW 3 series. Past reviews from others show a very competitive performance to others in its class.

As for pricing...you can get a non-navigation TL for about $30.5k...nav for about $32k. G35...$37k+ with horrible 16MPG in mixed driving. Get a similarily equiped BMW 3 series...pay $48k. Lexus GS...pay $50k+.

If you really want something different...look at the TL in Dark Green exterior with the Parchment or Camel interior...which will have wood trims included at no cost. That is sharp and similar to the Lexus interior.

So yes...you can have the world! And you will never pine to drive your Lex again.
  • acraandyacraandy Member Posts: 8
    The TL Nav system does almost all of that:
    -Bluetooth capability (it does not require a specific phone, any hands free Bluetooth will work)
    -Steering wheel controls for radio/CD
    -DVD/CD Player (Do you mean DVD-Audio player?)
    -Voice commands for Nav

The only exception being "real time" traffic.
    The Acura TL navigation "movie" is here:
    http://www.acura.com/models/model_specs_media.asp?specs=naviQ
  • laydilaydi Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for everyone's advice. Your suggestions are very insightful and I do appreciate it. :)
  • alirogers20alirogers20 Member Posts: 7
    In the market for a used sedan, moving from a 98 Lexus ES 300 to a less luxurious, but newer sedan, from a wholesaler. I doubt I'll get a V6:
    02-03 Camry- I like the size, looks are "blah"
    02-03 Accord- Not as much room, looks are "blah," strong reliability, holds value
    02-03 Passat- Love the looks, haven't driven yet- but I like the "stiff" European handling- worried about reliability! Would you buy a VW?
    04-05 Mazda6 Wagon- Love the looks, I drove it "in town" (not on highway yet) and liked the stiff handling (this would be V6)- also worried about reliability and value. Leather a MUST because the cloth was awful.

I would love any advice/input. Not interested in Altima- can't afford Maxima.
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    You won't go too wrong with any of them, although VW is a question mark for reliability. It probably comes down to, which car do you like the best? By the way, you can get leather added aftermarket -- I did that on my Mazda6 and it's great. Why can't you afford a Maxima? An '02 or '03 should cost around the same as the VW or the newer Mazda6. I have an '01, and I think it blends the best of all the above cars! More fun to drive than a Camry or Accord, but reliability in that ballpark. Better gas mileage than my Mazda6 wagon too (both are V6).
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    I had a 96 Maxima prior to Lexus and LOVED it- however with the drastic body change, I'm not interested in buying the late model prior to that- thus, can't afford what I want :o)

Since I'm going through a wholesaler, the Accords are harder to come by than anything else, and pricing a little higher.
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    I think they're all good cars, but I'll just talk about the Passat & Mazda, 'cause based on your few comments, I think they're your preference.

I wouldn't be too concerned with Passat's reliability. I had an '01.5 for 4 years. There was 1 major issue that would've cost me $500, but the extended warranty covered it (which is why I probably don't recall the problem). Anyway, 1 problem in 4 years is nothing to complain about. I know I'm just 1 person, but if you check out consumer reports, VW reliability is pretty good. I don't think it's as high as Toyota and Honda, but it's "above ave" in general. Still, you should find out how much of the initial warranty is left. For me, the main concern with a Passat is that you're buying a car that's been redesigned, so your resale is gonna stink. Still, of the cars you mentioned, I thiink the Passat will be the most fun ('cause your not including a Mazda6 hatchback or sedan).

Re the Mazda, they have good reliability. The knock on Mazda is that they don't always use top-quality interior materials (same criticism crops up with Nissan), but if you like it, that's all that matters. I think the Mazda would also be more fun than the Accord and Camry and the wagon adds utility to the equation (though the Passat has a very nice sized and laid out trunk). If you browse through Edmunds, you'll see they really liked the Mazda6.

Personally, if the Mazda is the only one that'd be a 6 cyl, that's the car I'd want. If they were all 6 cyl, I'd probably prefer the Passat (although the Passat's 6 cyl was underpowered by '03, I think it'd have the most luxurious interior)
    It sounds like the only two you like are the Mazda wagon and the Passat..

Of those two, I'd get the Mazda.. They have a nice long 4yr/50 warranty... The only downside is finding the one you want might be difficult, as there aren't that many used ones out there to choose from...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I like them all just fine- reliability is my biggest concern, but who wouldn't like something that doesn't look like a. everyone else or b. grandma?

As far as what I can get- I haven't researched/mentioned to wholesaler the Passat yet- I am undecided.

Accords are hard to come by, Camrys easy, and he said he could get me Mazda6's all day long- and I found an 04 with 2K miles, leather, at a local dealership that I could get to the top of my price range.

I have read a lot, but so many articles are biased. The accord always comes out on top, Camry varies, everyone likes Passat styling, and Mazda6 is just sort-of there, has good feedback on handling, ok on comfort.

Thanks for the input so far- its making me think!!!
    check out this edmunds link: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/ViewModelDetail/make=Mazda/model=MAZDA6

There's a comparison of several different cars, as well as a specific review of Mazda's agon.
  • samnassamnas Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm in Canada. I'm looking for a car. I like the "sedans" look. I was thinking of leasing a new car, but the insurance will cost me a lot and I guess owning is always better. So here's my plan, please help:

I'm looking for a car used around the 2001-2003 year, and in the 8,000-12,000 canadian dollars range (in US dollars it's a little less). My main concern is reliability, I don't want to have to spend a lot of money on repairing the car in the future, I want it to last. Obviously I also care about the look of the car and that I'm attracted to it, etc. but the reliability and quality are the most important thing. What would you say are the top 5 or top 10 used cars based on the price range and the year range that I have?

i'm guessing the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and Mazda Protege would be good guesses. I don't like the Toyota Corolla's look at all, so that leaves the Honda Civic and Mazda Protege. I think the Honda Civic 2001-2003 would be in the upper corner of my price range from what I've seen, but still it's a possibility. The Mazda Protege prices are pretty good. Are there many other used sedans in that price & year range that are RELIABLE and that I would make me relax my head and not worry too much about all sorts of problems with the car in the future? The last thing I want is to buy a used car and spend a lot of money on repairing it in the upcoming years because it's not very reliable.

Please help me. Thank you!

P.S: although I posted this in the sedans forum and it's my preference, it doesn't necessarly have to be a sedan so please don't limit your choices too much.
    Check out the Mitsubishi Galant, and maybe a Lancer. Their reliability is generally fine, but for some reason, have poor resale value, which make them a good buy on the used market. The Galant is a larger car, and the Lnacer is more in line with the other cars you mentioned, but has a funky look that might turn you off.

Don't know too much about them, so you should check out the reviews on Edmunds.com. Hope this helps.

Also, I've rented a lot of Chevy Malibus - before the redesign - and thought they rode well. Don't know about reliability, but they might be worth a look, and if you're interested in a car that rental companies carry, you could probably get a good bargain buy buying from a rental agency.

Lastly, I think the Ford Taurus and Oldsmobile Olero always got good reviews ( Taurus was known to have some rattles), and since they've been discontinued, their resale may have taken a nosedive, too.

As for reliabilty, I bet Edmunds has info on all of them, or you might want to subscribe to Consumer Reports' online access, so can search their database.

Hope this helps. :D
  • waiwai Member Posts: 325
    I suggest you buy a 2000 civic EX coupe (5 speed manuel) rather than a 2001- model because 2000 civic has double wishbone front suspension which is cornering very good and the body lean will be very little even turn at a high speed. The 127hp is very sufficient for highway passing. It is very reliable. I have a 97 which has 136,000 miles on it which seldom has any problem.
    I had one 97 Lancer before, the handling cannot be compared with Civic.
    Make sure to check out if the civic is in good condition and no modification.
  • moondymoondy Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys.
    I'm planing to buy brand new Civic LX sdn at 15,700, dealer sugested price.
    But one year later though it will be still excellent, I may have to resell this car after my study. The mileages will be less than 10,000 by that time.
    If I resell my car at 14,000 and if the car will be kept perfect, would you like to buy my car? I just want to know that my decision will be right.

In fact, I decided to buy brand new one after thinking over a couple of weeks between new one and used one. and finally I concluded that buying new car would save more money after one years later. I know used cars cost less money and may save more.
    But as you learn from my English, I am a forigen studnet and It's very hard for me to figure out a good way to choose an intact used car.

a best kept one-year used Civic with 10,000miles for $14,000 !.
    what do you guys think?
    I think you're better off buying a used car with more than 2 years left on the warranty, so that if you resell it, you can still resell it with a warranty.

Keep in mind that many items that make a car cost more (a/c, leather, power windows, automatic transmission) also make it easier and mroe valuable during resale. Therefore, while I stand by my intial statement regardless, if your decision is between a base model new Civic or a used Civic with options, you are better off taking the car with options.

Also, don't buy one in a funky color like orange and purple - they are trendy and more difficult to resell.

If I resell my car at 14,000 and if the car will be kept perfect, would you like to buy my car?

I suggest you use Edmunds to calculate what a 1 year old Civic, like what you're planning on buying, is worht now. I assume you're looking at an '05, so look at what an '04 with 10,000 mi is worth.

PS - there are also sites for people looking to get out of their lease early. I imagine that if you search the web, you can find a site or 2 and maybe see if someone is looking to get out of an inexpensive lease with about a year left.
  • njpdnjpd Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    New to posting here, My wife & I have been looking for a replacement car. We started looking at a 03 Honda Accord EX w/ V6, 16k miles @ $19,500 + T + MV
    Went to look / scope out an 02 RL w/ 33k miles @ $22,000 certified, drove every nice, big floaty type ride. Also, took a look at a 02 TL w/ 33k miles @ $19,000 certified, like the sportier, tighter ride.
    We like both cars, can any one help or guided us.

Thank you.