Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo C70

Comments

• tmarttmart Member Posts: 2,241
    yes, we're just plain CRAZY!! By the way, head South...supposed to be 70 Sunday!! Good Zaino weather.
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    Does anyone know how tight this is supposed to be twisted on after changing the filter? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Brrr. No Zaino today!
  • schuhcschuhc Member Posts: 333
    Shark...

No idea. Best bet is to call the service dept and ask them. They should be happy to offer up that information.

Yes...Think I will get the wood steering wheel. I'm going to have to fork out $900 for the window first. Then the wheel. Then the hp upgrade from ipd. Man!!!! My Colts are killing me right now!!!!!!!! Good thing it's basketball season.
  • soledocsoledoc Member Posts: 52
    OK guys...I know we keep talking about this steering wheel thing but I'm on the phone with my dealership getting ready to place the order for the wood wheel and they need the name of the wood trim. They don't seem to know. I gave them a code off the engine block but that told them I have a beige seat which I do. Again, the problem is my funny wheel which is grey. I THINK my wood trim is birch (a lighter wood) rather than what they're telling me are the other 2 options of black or red walnut. They're going to call me later on today, but I want to make sure it's the right color because they said I probably couldn't return it. HELP!!! The sales guy said he's never seen the birch wood trim...man is my car weird on the interior or what?? Where can I get the original specs/options from the 2001 c70 coupe. Anybody still have the original sales brochure that can look up the name of the trim. The guy in parts only has the name with no pictures (big help!)
    I just got off the phone with my dealership as well. The communicated that they have grey or beige with either birch, red, or black. Hunh...who woulda thunk. I'm pretty sure that I have the red walnut as there is kind of a redish tint to it. I would imagine that the birch is lighter and the black is darker.

They told me to bring it in and they could tell me which I have. There are a couple of things that pop to mind for you.

1. Take it in and have them tell you.
    2. Did you buy the gearshift or did it come standard? I had to buy my wood gearshift and I saved the old one in the box. If you did the same, check the box. Wood type should be on there.
    3. I saved a lot of my stuff so I will poor through my files tonight and post a reply on what I have @ 8:00pm your time.

GOOD GOD MAN!!!!! Try to hold off for a day!!!!

oh... You may also want to give them your VIN as that will tell them, without a doubt, what your interior (however not your wood) is.
    OK guys...I know we keep talking about this steering wheel thing but I'm on the phone with my dealership getting ready to place the order for the wood wheel and they need the name of the wood trim. They don't seem to know. I gave them a code off the engine block but that told them I have a beige seat which I do. Again, the problem is my funny wheel which is grey. I THINK my wood trim is birch (a lighter wood) rather than what they're telling me are the other 2 options of black or red walnut. They're going to call me later on today, but I want to make sure it's the right color because they said I probably couldn't return it. HELP!!! The sales guy said he's never seen the birch wood trim...man is my car weird on the interior or what?? Where can I get the original specs/options from the 2001 c70 coupe. Anybody still have the original sales brochure that can look up the name of the trim. The guy in parts only has the name with no pictures (big help!)
    Schuhc...and anyone else thinking about this. First off, don't worry....I'm definitely not buying anything yet until I get this mystery solved. Here's what I just found out:

I drove my car down to the dealership this afternoon. I must have had 5 or 6 guys looking at it from parts,service,sales..even the manager. Nobody gave me a straight answer as to the name of the wood AND why I had it. We dug up an old 2001 C70 brochure and lo and behold there was only one wood trim available...ie. it was NOT an option so they all should be the same (in theory, but we know things can change through the model year). The one listed in the catalogue is red walnut, which is basically what every other interior on the HTs that I've seen have. We also looked at an 04 C70 brochure and birchwood is listed....mine definitely ain't that...it's very yellowish/white. One sales guy said he'd actually seen my trim on a volvo before....but couldn't remember on what kind...so he took a picture of it and is going to send it to volvo. Parts gave me the option of red walnut, black walnut or birchwood, BUT couldn't show me a picture. Dealership doesn't really want to buy one b/c they can't easily return it so they say. I told the parts guy to photograph the three options and have volvo send it to the dealership so I can see. The guys today also told me my trim definitely was factory installed. This is not a post-delivery trim kit. This is how it came the day I picked it up at the dealership in May 2001. Remember, these c70s were hand built. Another option is that they ran out of the red walnut and just used this....whatever it is. Fortunately it looks nice and I like it, but I sure don't want the trim on my wheel not to match the trim on the interior. I'd like to call the factory somehow and have them tell me what it is.

I don't have the original window sticker on my car but maybe that would help. I had them look the car up by VIN and trim code but all that tells them is that I have a beige interior...duh!!!with a grey/grey wheel and ??????wood trim. As far as the gearshift (5sp manual) it came with a grey leather shift knob and I have not replaced that.

Thanks in advance for any help....especially you crazy one up there in Chitown with the detached garage. I'll be awaiting your response tonight and will keep you posted as to the results of my adventure. My gut feeling is that I won't be able to get the wheel trim to match. My sales guy wasn't there today, but I don't know if that'll matter much. The other guys there seemed to know just as much and they were able to look up the original bill of sale...no luck!!! AGGGGHHH!!
    I believe until '04 or maybe '03, the red walnut was the only wood option, standard was the grey plastic. My '99 has real wood, but Volvo went to fake wood for a couple of years, '00 and '01, and then back to real. For '04, you can also get aluminum trim, in addition to the red walnut and brichwood. With your interior, the aluminum might be the way to go. I haven't seen it but have seen the birchwood. Don't think the birchwood looks good at all with the beige interior. Good luck!
    My cpu at home was down last night. I looked for my sticker and couldn't find it so I'm not going to be any help there. Sorry. I say go with the red walnut. Pretty sure that's what my 2000 has.

Observations:
    1. Soledoc had to throw in the fact that he has a 5sp manual thus throwing my day into complete shambles.
    2. Tmart had to throw in the fact that I have plastic wood thus moving me closer to jump from the ledge of my office.
    3. Tmart is an INSOMNIAC
    OK, here's the final scoop. My dealer finally told me they can NOT get my fake wood trim on the wheel. My interior is something like marble. Must have been a very limited production. So suffice it to say my quest is over.

On another issue, I'm starting to really get tired of moving those awfully slow seats forward and backward with my 13 month old boy. Then when they're all the way forward it's hard to see out the passenger side window...just all around having a coupe with a family consisting of 2 adults, child and a vizsla (dog) I'm starting to lean towards a sedan. S60???? Saab 9-3???? My preference today (and granted it may change) is an S60 2.5T AWD or FWD. I think we've talked about this before. Any thoughts out there from current C70 owners with small families who switched to sedans or are thinking about it?
    dealer go to get the info on your marble interior? Your other matter is another thing. Brings back memories. Yeah, coupes, or in my case a 57 Tbird, are not condusive with small or growing familes. Sorry to say but it's time for a wagon or minivan. Notice, I didn't mention a SUV. Can't stand them. Wagon or mini is much more practical, with all the STUFF required with kid(s) these days. No minis back then, so I bought an Aspen wagon, great car. Five years later a full size Ford window van, nine years later a Grand Voyager minivan. When the mini left, I bought the C70 convertible.
    Make sure you're OK with the back seat in the S60. Have heard it's lacking in room, but have never sat in one. Had a V70 as a loaner for two weeks and was very impressed.
    Well....

You already know what my solution was. I turned into a bonafide yuuppie and got the XC90 and that is the only car that we have a car seat in. Seamus and I are the only ones that go in the coupe now (Wheaten Terrier).

The rumors about the interior of the S60 are true. Believe it or not, there is less room in the 60 then available in the C70.

So, I'm thinking that if you liked the V70 then....
    V70R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well guys (tmart and schuhc) you've got me thinking long and hard about this. I'm NOT ready for an SUV nor will I ever be. My wife won't get a wagon and is leaning to replace her SAAB wagon with a Jaguar sedan....I'm not getting into that argument with her, I've learned to let her get what she wants. Now to my problem, I like the idea of the R wagon....a bit more than I wanted to spend but it does make sense. I do definitely hate the back seats of the S60...didn't realize it was less than my C70. My only problem is that I'll be the one driving the wagon around and most of the time it's me just driving to work, hospital...etc. Does that justify getting a wagon for the wife, kid and dog???? I guess so....I'll let you know.

As far as the wood wheel, I don't know where my dealer got the information about my style or color. We've definitely determined it's unique and the way it's looking now it'll probably be up for sale around Indy 500 time this year! AGGGHHH....I'm really hating this decision.
    Keep the C. I realize my parenthood is in its infancy compared to you and Tommy but....

When we go somewhere we take the XC90. You guys could do the same with the Jag.

Your C is incredibly unique as you don't find a lot of 5-speeds around, not to mention that Indy has hardly any C's out there.

I have learned to live with the electronic seats. They can be a pain but I've done my analysis and I'll take the pain.

Things to think about....

You will NEVER find more comfortable seats than what the C has (S, XC, and V included)
    You will NEVER have a better stereo (if you have the upgrade).
    The Viszla will hate being relegated to the very back where there is no window to crack.
    I've seen the people posting on the V70 and V70R message board and they're just not as cool as Tommy and me.
    and finally.....
    There is just something uncool about cruising for Coed Bulldogs in Broadripple in a V70. Even if it is an R.
    You're both quite vociferous about me keeping my C70 coupe. Yes, it does have the upgraded stereo, wood that nobody else has, brand new Bridgestone Potenza tires, vented windows for the vizsla(which Asta really loves in the summer), chick appeal for cruising BR....shall I continue?

I will tell you I had the C70 in the shop yesterday for the 37,750 mile checkup ($140) and I had a 2004 S60 2.4 as a loaner. I drove it and was pleased. I even sat in the back behind the driver's seat without moving the driver's seat from the position where I was driving and it wasn't all THAT horrible...a bit tight but not unbearable. Again, the one plus would be ease of access for car seat. S60 looked nice, has fold down rear seats and four doors, but that's about it that is has over the coupe.

I still haven't decided, but you guys sure are making me think I should keep the coupe. $20,500 buyout from the lease (finance over 3 years?). Then I'll own it in 3 years and the car should be worth about $12-14K in my guestimation. That means I would have paid about $660/month x 6 years =$47,520 and I leased the car for a price of $40,200 in May 2001. Does this sound like a good deal?

One more question on the coupe. Mine has STC button. On the ice and snow that we have right now, do you push the STC button so the orange light kicks on in the dashboard or do you keep it off? I've never used it before, but I started to this week with the horrible road conditions and I think the traction is better with STC "ON".
    I hope you hold onto it.

Now...with the STC....

The STC is always ON by default. So when you depress the button, you are actually turning that function off. (Orange light comes on the dash).

Thus,,,,, Believe it or not, I think that you have always had it on. You can always hit the 'W' button as that is for wet traction or winter conditions.

So...to recap...
    Orange light on dash for STC means that it is turned OFF.
    Orange arrow on dash means that you are in a low gear or have the 'W' button pushed.

Tommy.....I assume you are in agreement.
    Remember the 5 sp manual does not have a "W" button for winter mode....that's only for automatics.
    Are you sure about the STC button. For example when I turn on the rear "fog" light when the left turn signal brightens up, the orange light on the dash turns on. I have noticed that when I don't hit the STC button and I hit ice the orange STC icon (looks like a car swerving) flashes on and off until traction is stabilized...so maybe you're right that it's always on.
  • dcbluesdcblues Member Posts: 4
    Hey there, I am a new poster to this board and have a couple of questions about C70s. I have been a long-time admirer and now I am getting ready purchase. I think a C70 convert is a good choice for me versus the competition (Saab, Benz, BMW3) because 1. They look great and are relatively unique, 2. They have roomy back seat capable of handling a baby seat. 2. I am not a performance junkie and would like a slightly softer sprung car to deal with city driving conditions… the list goes on. My big question is whether to look for an HPT or LPT. I do most of my driving in the city and I like a torquier feel off the line. I hear the LPT has more low-end torque. Is this true and is the difference significant? I’m also wondering if the 17 inch alloys are much worse for city driving than the 16 inch? It is pretty sad that I have to think about detuning my ride to make it better for city driving but that is just part of the legacy that Mayor Barry left us on his way to jail!

Thanks for you any help you can offer…
    torque than the HT, and is faster off the line...up to around 35-40. After that, no contest with the HT. Gut feelings tell me the 16 inch wheels would give a smoother ride, more rubber in the sidewalls to absorb the bumps and potholes, also less expensive than the 17's. The HT's also have a firmer suspension than the LT. What the real difference is, I don't know. I have an LT and have not experienced an HT. Regardless of the wheels or turbo, be sure to try to get one with the Dolby Pro-Logic Surround System, the SC-901. It is definitely worth the extra cost.
    Thanks. The sound system is top on my list of required options. I just wonder how difficult it will be to find an LPT with the Pro-Logic system.
    I have a HPT coupe, but I do remember test driving the LPT 3 years ago when I looked at these cars. Definitely I recall more acceleration off the line from a stop than the HPT (I think the difference is about 40HP if I recall). AS far as the wheels go, if you're looking for a softer ride then go with the 16" tires. I have the 16" tires and they are very good handling especially in the bad winter conditions. the 17" are narrower and are sportier and a bit stiffer, but I'm certainly no expert in that department. I also agree the dolby surround sound is the way to go.

In regard to your search, you should be able to find a LPT convertible with surround sound. Beware of the back seat with a baby seat...I've got one and have been using it for 13 months on my son....it can get quite trying on you at times especially since I drop him off/pick him up 2-3x per week.
    Here is what I know. Last week I was trying to climb my immense hill of a driveway that must be about 80 yards long and have all of a 5 degree upward (obtuse it would be 175) angle to it. Naturally, with 17 inchers I got stuck about 10 feet up. So, flooring it, the orange light would flash and you could tell the wheels were stuttering a bit. So I turned off the STC so that the orange light was on the dash constantly. Man did those wheels spin after that. No correction there that's for Damn sure. GO PACERS!!!!
    The LPT has more off the line power.
    HP for LPT = 197, HPT = 237
    16 inchers will give you a better ride in DC.
    And... just to make Tommy and Soledoc say "Man, where has this guy NOT lived!?"
    17 inchers great for Rock Creek Park, going to "Shakespeare in the Park", South River GC, Huntingtown, Mechanicsville, and Scotland (Pt. Lookout).
    16 inchers great for Georgetown, all of the DC city area, Annapolis, and those LOOOONG trips to the outlets in Ocean City, and trips to Alexandria.

In sum....LPT and 16 inchers. Not going to be a problem finding the upgraded stereo, especially if you're buying in Maryland.
  • dfwk2500dfwk2500 Member Posts: 68
    Sorry for the late response, been traveling. (Off to Houston this weekend in the C70, with any luck Tommy's top will go out so we will have nice weather.) We went from a '99 LPT w/ 16" to an '04 LPT w/ 17". Wife drives it daily, dropping one car seat kid off at school each morning. Surprisingly we did not notice any major ride difference with the larger wheels on the new car (wanted 16's again but did not have any on the lot for the swap). The '04 LPT has more slightly more horsepower than the '99, but the big difference is in the transmission. An extra forward gear has been added, essentially between 2nd and 3rd. 1st now is more of a granny gear, getting that 1st to 2nd shift at about 10 mph. What this does is allow for a mean downshift and much quicker pickup when floored from a roll or coming off a turn. My wife still needs to get used to the new shift points as it surprises her in traffic with the "new" downshift. We looked at the HPT but have heard from others it seems less "peppy". Consumer Reports had the same critique. In the Dallas area, we are not cruising at "top speed" very often. More like racing up to cruising speed and quick passing.

No problem finding the upgraded radio, only thing is now the rear subwoofers are an additional option which this car did not have. For those with rear car seats, the power seats in the new car also move noticeably faster than the old one. Could be a new motor design or the old motors just growing slow with age.

Our experience with STC is that it is always on unless you cancel it. When it activates, automatically, the light will flash to let you know it has engaged. If you flip the switch you bypass it and and the light is on constantly to let you know it is disabled.

I think that catches me up.
    OK, I found a LPT with the Pro Logic. It is a 2000 with 46K miles. I was ready to buy a much newer car but I can probably get a sweet deal the dealership says that Volvo will certify it. After reading a lot, I seem to hear a lot of complaints about build quality, rattles, etc... on the '98s and '99s, even from posts going back to when those cars were nearly new. There seem to be less complaints about the later cars. Any comments on vintage?
    We had one of the first '99's to be delivered in our region (took delivery January 1999). Other than a recall on headlight and roof issues, no real problems that I can recall. My wife loved the car so much that when she heard it was going to be discontinued, she wanted to trade up to a 2004 so "her car" would last 5 years longer. I had heard about issues with the 1998's but nothing of significance from '99 on. Keep in mind that a large portion of the C70 is based on the old 850 and 70 series sedans. Our '99 wss picked up as a Volvo certified and someone got a great car with a whole lot of warranty left just in case something did go wrong. I would not hesitate to get a used one is it were Volvo certified.
    I've got a 2000 HPT coupe. 67k on it. Only had a brake calliper seize up on me. Other than that it's been great. No issues here.
    My only major problem has been / is the top. Hadn't had any headlight problems when the recall was issued, and none after. Still using the bulbs Volvo put in during the recall from three years ago.
  • jcarpijcarpi Member Posts: 17
    I've got the 17" wheels on my 2000 HT coupe, 5 speed, and while they are great on the road, I find that they affect my turning radius in town, so much that I have difficulty making some U-turns that I think I should be able to make. Otherwise, I still love the car. I'm just down the road in Richmond, and have no trouble with the car in bad weather. Of course, I don't take it out when there's snow on the road, not that it couldn't handle it, but becuase I don't want the other goonies running into me when they can't stop on the ice!
    Trust me.... Two words for 17 inch individuals

SNOW

TIRES
    Are the 17 inchers that much worse in the snow compared to the 16"? Do you get the snow tires on your 17" in Chicago? Is it worth the hassle to change them or just go with the 16"? I've got the 16" with new Potenza tires (as we have previously discussed) and they do well. Why the huge difference over just and inch?
    All I know is that the snow gets totally packed into my potenza's. I think I already related how I have to shovel my driveway almost clean in order to get up it, and it is not a steep grade at all. Now that we have the 90, I only drive the 70 when It is not too messy out as it does slip and slide a lot. I'd hate to think of what it would be like if it were RWD. My potenzas are like riding on rails in wet weather but snow really has an effect.
    I do plan on buying snow tires next year.
  • rd_volvord_volvo Member Posts: 34
    Well I got it! Not a club I wanted to join.

Right now the light is going out after each restart but coming back after 5 or ten minutes.

Car is out of warranty and don't have a grand for a new ETM Electronic Throttle Module right now.

I need to buy some time. Can anyone who has been down this road tell me how much time they had before they absolutley had to bring it to the dealer? I hear there is no warning to the ETM fully malfunctioning.

I love this car but the myriad of problems is putting a bad taste !!!

Thx

rd

99' C70 HTP M 43k Miles
    RD:

Well fortunately, or unfortuantely, I had the exact same problem about 3,000 miles ago ('00 HT 67k).

You basically have NO time. I noticed some hesitation in the car before the light actually came on. Once the light came on for me, it was all over. My understanding is that the computer will allow the car to drive at a slow speed so that you are able to get somewhere (for us that meant a blazing speed of ~15mph).

Luckily the dealership is close to us. I let the car sit for a bit and was able to get it there without the light coming back on.

Sorry. Probably not the news you were looking for. When you do get the new throttle body remember to hold onto that receipt (not that you wouldn't anyway, but I always throw mine out except for this one).

Sorry about the myriad of other problems. Did you buy this new or used? What other problems have you had as I've only had the throttle body, a frozen caliper, and the driver's side window.
    Thanks schuhc,

There must various degrees of throttle module problems cause my performance is fine. Every time I start the car there is no ETS light. It comes On most of the time but not all the time during a drive.

I'm wondering if something else can throw an ETS light other than a faulty Throttle Module. I think I read one person say a clutch position sensor threw an ETS.

Also wondering if a bad batch of gas can throw an ETS.

Well we shall see. I beat a horse with my CEL problem and found it to be a bad MAF sensor with a code of P1171. Mail ordered the MAF for $162. , popped it in and never had another CEL. I'll say a prayer again.

It's a funny coincidence the ETS happened exactly on the five year anniversary of my car.

I't going to be interesting to see the longevity of these Fly-by-wire throttle modules.

rd
  • traderagtraderag Member Posts: 8
    A few random notes for the recent posts and then I've got a question for anyone who is willing to respond.

I got a '99 HPT 1 year ago (Feb '03) and I love the car immensely. I agree with everyone's assessment here regarding the stereo...if you can, GET IT, it is MUCH, MUCH better than any of my friends luxury car systems (Mark Levinson Lexus, Harmon Kardon BMW, etc). That was actually one of the top selling points for me, and it's been a joy every day that I drive anywhere.

As an aside, I live in Houston, thus have no worries about snow, but I upgraded from the 17' wheels (actually they were stolen off the car:( ), to 18' with lower profile Pilot Points, and it looks incredible. I regularly get comments from people. Also, the handling is noticeably better...but with a bit of sacrifice to the ride quality.

Regarding the ETS: I bought the car with 60K miles on it, certified to 100K with their extended warranty, and the ETS light came on within a month of my buying the vehicle. For whatever reason, I didn't take it in for almost 6 months, but didn't notice any difference in performance during that span. So, if you aren't noticing any issues right now I'd say you can wait until it's affordable for you to get repaired.

Here is the question I have for anyone to respond. After taking my car in for the aforementioned ETS repair in Sept, I've had to take the car in for 3 additional repairs and again today, with the last 4 repairs all coming since mid December. Has anyone else had this frequent of problems with their vehicle? At this point I'm rather suspicious that entirely new problems crop up within weeks of getting something "repaired." I've had both seats fixed (both, separately, got stuck in the full forward position), the heater blower motor replaced and now, the driver's side window is locked in the down position.

Does any of this sound familiar or does anyone know of any recourse I can take? Also, has anyone else dealt with Demontrond Volvo off of 45 N in Houston?

I love my car, but Volvo is close to losing me as a customer if this is what I can expect.

Thanks very much in advance.
    I, too, have a '99, but it's an LPT convertible, and thus far none of the problems mentioned. Knock on wood. Bought mine new from Demontrond and have been satisfied with their service. My present problem is with the top. It was replaced in December, and then a motor went out. Took about two weeks for the part to come in, and they've had the car for a week now. Have an S60 loaner so I'm not complaining.
    Matt:

We had a '99 (just recently traded for an '04) but never had a frequency problem. We did have both seats get stuck forward, but that was a known problem and they occurred several months apart. I believe a redesigned clip fixed this issue and presume your car never experienced the problem before. What happens is a spring pops off so the mechanism never realizes the seat back has been pushed back into the normal position. Without this reading the seat functions are disabled for everything but moving forward. There is a switch just underneat you can push & hold with a pen or small screwdriver while moving the seat back. We did that until we had time to take it in for repair.

Dealer issues: Houston, like Dallas, should have a few dealers to choose from. We found a world of difference in the three closest dealers. There was something we liked about each, but each had their problems. Ultimately we found the best dealer around was in Fort Worth where we got the '04. Even though it is a farther drive, we will go there for service as I feel much more confident in the quality and attention we get from the MECHANICS not just the service writer. May have something to do with that dealership still being family owned and not one of the big nationwide outfits.
    Hi:

Quick note. Just spent $950 on the drivers side window regulator. Evidently it's known that the cable/mechanism becomes worn over time. Not sure if this has anything to do with yours not working.
  • jcarpijcarpi Member Posts: 17
    I am also encountering the driver's side window problem, and have been avoiding it by not putting it all the way down. Is $950 about the average cost of repairing this? My 2000 HT coupe has only 38k on it, so at least I shouldn't have to worry yet about the ETS, right? Is it a mileage thing, or an age thing?
    Trader,

Your window sounds like the shot infamous window switch. Does it go one down but not up? If so it's probably your switch.

My passenger seatback also locked in the forward position. I will never again lock the seatbacks in place to let someone in the back. Just hold the seats about 95 % of the way forward.

I am glad to hear someone was able to ride around witht the ETS for some time. Need to buy some time. The funny thing is that the manual states to bring the car in to the dealer if the ETS stays On after restart but not if it's intermittent. Strange.

Also strange is that my mileage has jumped from 19 to 22 since the ETS lamp came on. I dunno.

thx

rd
    I see you have a '00 and are under 40k. Has the warranty run out years-wise? If not, take that sucker in!

and yes.
    $450 for the part and about $500 for the labor as they have to take the door apart to get the regulator out.
    jcarp,

Look for these weak points :

- OEM battery may fail with no warning at 45 months exact.

- CEL from a bad MAF at 48 months.

- ETS lamp at 60 months.

- Upper engine mount rubber bushing at 24 months.

- Climate control recirc mode lever breaks anytime.

There are a few more when I get a chance.

rd
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    48 months isn't unusual for battery failure though, especially on modern cars with all their accessories.
  • jrosasmcjrosasmc Member Posts: 1,711
    To those who own C70s: I didn't know these cars were essentially hand-built. They really do build them the old-fashioned way? I thought they were built alongside the S60s, V70s, etc. in Ghent or Goteborg.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Cars are built at the Uddevala plant.