Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• weaverjj1weaverjj1 Member Posts: 1
    Wei,
    What was the dealer in Pittsburgh where you paid $100 over invoice? How was your buying experience.

Jim W.
  • kendokendo Member Posts: 5
    Why would you want to do this out of state thing if BayArea is only $300 above invoice for the base EXL model?

-Kendo.
  • kendokendo Member Posts: 5
    My best price was $300 above invoice, $28295. EXL base, no option. No trade in. No financing. Shot me a email for detail infos.
    I bought it on 5/26 at El Cerrito Honda.
  • odyowner4odyowner4 Member Posts: 1
    demaximis,
    Thanks for your post.
    I just put a deposit down for an ex. I will pick up on Monday. Can you tell me how I can get 3.9% rate? Thanks
  • hothot Member Posts: 1
    I just signed up on this web site and started reading about prices paid, so I thought I'd post what we paid for our new 2005 Touring with DVD and Navigation. The salesman said he was surprised that his store manager gave us this price.

2005 Touring/DVD/NAV (includes destination & handling): $36,258
    Splash guards: $136.50
    Cargo tray: $109
    Cross bars: $236.50
    Title & Reg processing fee: $50
    Licencing fee: $168

Equals $36,958 out the door

I thought we did pretty well. Anyone paid less? This was through internet sales at "Thomason Honda" in Portland, Oregon...where we have no sales tax.

They had 3 Tourings on the lot when we went there. We picked silver/black. I wanted white/tan, but they said they were hard to obtain at the time, so we figured they'd charge more to bring one in for us.

Have had it for over a month now, and am happy with the car. Not quite as quiet a drive as our turbo Volvo was, but it's nice to be driving a bit higher. I'm surprised at the power of this van. Again, not as powerful as the turbo Volvo, but much better than I'd thought a van would be. :)
  • a320a320 Member Posts: 2
    I would like to thank everyone in this form and especially Edmunds.com for hosting this site.

Below is a breakdown of my purchase agreement for a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring with Rear Entertainment System and Navigation in Gold Metallic.

Negotiated Price: $35,470
    Destination Charge: 515
    Dealer Prep: 499
    Enviormental: 6.50
    Final Price: $36490.50
    Plus Tax & Tag

This works out to be about a 6 percent profit over the dealer cost, which ends up being $2017 profit for the dealer after he receives his holdback. I emailed 12 local South Florida dealers and received quotes from half of them ranging from $1000 over MSRP to $36,000.

I did have a final price quote for $36,000, but it was in the wrong color. It seems that the dealers are willing to sell the silver with black interior and the red with ivory interior $500 cheaper down here in South Florida.

I was in and out of the dealer in two hours which included 45 minutes to remove the plastic shrink wrap and wash the vehicle. I would also like to add that I used Jeff Ostroff's www.carbuyingtips.com, Jeff is a self proclaimed consumer advocate, and has been running CarBuyingTips.com since 1997. Thank you Jeff for all you've done for the consumer.

A320
  • odbuyerodbuyer Member Posts: 5
    Just wanted to share my purchasing experience. Hopefully someone else will find it as helpful as I've found these kinds of posts others have submitted.

I live in Northern Virginia. I started the process by faxing or e-mailing a bunch of dealers in the DC metro area, as far north as the Baltimore area and south to Richmond.

Of the approximately dozen dealers that responded, by far the worst experience I had was with Landmark Honda. The sales rep there demonstrated all of the characteristics that give car salespeople a bad name. Despite repeated requests for an actual quote, I never received one. His e-mails and voicemails were a desperate and pathetic attempt to get me to come in ("Big Sale this week" or "We want to help you save money"...yeah, sure ya do...) so he could sell me a model I wasn't interested it. Landmark Honda clearly has no clue what "Internet Sales" means. I've never had a positive experience with a Rosenthal dealer, and this only reinforces my negative perception of their entire organization.

All of the other dealers who responded did so fairly quickly (in almost all cases within 24 hours and some within a couple of hours!). Of note, I had good experiences with Leesburg Honda (very responsive to my initial quote and my follow-up questions, and was up-front about not having one in-stock) and Hagerstown Honda (very good initial price and responsive to my e-mails). Also, like others here, I had a positive experience with Pohanka of Salisbury. They offered a quote that was only $125 more than the lowest quote and were very responsive. I also like that they ask up front if I prefer to communicate strictly via e-mail.

We wound up purchasing the van from Mechanicsville Honda, near Richmond. They offered the lowest price ($32,364, excluding taxes, tags, fees), but the primary reason for going with them over Pohanka of Salisbury was that they had a color we preferred. We drove down yesterday and took delivery of the vehicle. I don't see how it could have been a better experience. We worked out all the details over the phone, they had the car ready for us when we got there, they took the time to show us the car and demonstrate the features, and we got through the paperwork quickly with no pressure add-ons at all. It was truly an enjoyable experience!

The price breakdown was as follows:
    EX-L with DVD RES and NAV: $32,364, incl. destination ($1,000 over invoice)
    Cargo Tray: $96.60
    Dealer Fee: $279
    Tax (3% in VA): $982.18
    Title & Tags: $54.50 (which included "hard" tags, not 30-day tags)
    Total OTD Price: $33.775.93

In-general, the dealers close-in seemed to be less willing to come down much off MSRP and the dealers further away were more aggresive on their prices. I was more than happy to drive 90 minutes to save $1,000+.
  • lumbarlumbar Member Posts: 421
    Thanks for that summary. I'm out by Dulles and always wondered about the Richmond area dealers. Isn't there a West Broad Honda or something? And I agree--how does R'thal sell any vehicles.

Just curious--if you had any immediate initial quality problems, would you go back to the selling dealer or try more local
  • odbuyerodbuyer Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, in addition to Mechanicsville, I sent a request to West Broad Honda and Pearson Honda (aka Richmond Honda), but I never got a response from West Broad or Pearson.

I forgot to mention Bill Page Honda. They are the closest Honda dealer to our house and it was the only other Honda dealership we visited (other than Mechanicsville). The gentlemen who helped us was very friendly and knowledgeable and not at all pushy, but they simply didn't have any of the EX-L w/DVD & NAV in stock, and didn't have one on allocation that wasn't already spoken for, so we didn't even get to the point of getting a quote from them.

I was wondering the same thing about what I'd do if we have a problem. I think I would take it to a local dealer unless it is something serious or in dispute. I've heard good things about Bill Page's service, and while I might not receive quite the same treatment I would if had I purchased the vehicle there, I suspect they're smart enough to know that they at least want to earn my service business.
  • pbkpbk Member Posts: 3
    We bought our 05 EX Odyssey with cloth one week ago and have been getting 26.5 mpg which was mainly 400 miles of highway driving around the Bay area CA and Central Valley CA (with the A/C on) that also included intermittent 15 minute idling stops with the A/C on so my wife could change and feed our 2 month old in comfort and privacy. We're very pleased and happy with the Odyssey.
    Also, for those in the Bay Area looking for good deals, the two lowest priced dealers I found were El Cerrito Honda (where we bought) and Marin Honda. Both ended up offering at or below invoice pricing which was surprising because we started out at a Honda dealer near where we live and they wanted MSRP + $2K markup. My EX with cloth was 25,530 and included wheel locks and the protection package (door edge guards and fender guards which I wasn't crazy about but they're growing on me). After I bought, Marin offered the same vehicle for about 25,290 (memorial day special) but I never went to see it because Marin is quite a bit further of a drive and I have to assume their price did not include any accessory add-ons. Check craigslist.org under "Odyssey" as Marin's internet sales guy advertizes there- talked to him and he sounds nice but haven't dealt with him. In my opinion, you're wasting your time with the rest of the dealers out there- virtually every one of them told me the best prices I was quoted were either unrealistic or somehow misleading.
    Also, while I'm on the subject, I would caution people about the Costco Auto Purchase program. I was offered to purchase an EX with cloth at $1000 over invoice through Costco's Northern CA Honda dealer. When I presented my best quotes to the salesman, he consulted his manager and promptly lowered the price to $500 over invoice. Problem was that this was still $800 higher than my best quote and they refused to budge after that and had the nerve to tell me there was something wrong with my quote and that it might not include the destination price. I was furious and ended up buying our EX the next day through El Cerrito at a substantial savings. So much for Costco's purchasing power advantage-- I still ended up having to haggle prices with their dealer. Costco is "investigating," but as others have warned a little homework can save you a lot more money than going with Costco.
    Another FYI- if you're financing, check out USE Credit Union (usecu.com) out of San Diego. They offered me 3.79 for 60mo's but they have programs as low as 3.24 for 48mo. No I don't work for them, I just like saving money... and those are great rates in today's rate environment.
  • rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    I was a little surprised to see some of the prices out in the East. We bought our 2005 EX w/RES just 3 weeks ago in the Chicago area, the van came with a couple of dealship added options (i.e. Rear Mud guards, Lifetime Paint Protection package, and one more thing I can't remember..); the OTD price we paid was $30,195.00. Good Luck in getting your Odyssey soon. :)
  • wdplwdpl Member Posts: 2
    Really appreciate the info posted on this site so wanted to share our experience. We got our EX-L w DVD on Friday after about three weeks of shopping online. I emailed at least 15 dealerships and got initial quotes anywhere from $29,932 to over 31K including destination and doc. fee but net of tax and license. Soon realized we were at a disadvantage because the color we wanted (midnight blue pearl) has been very scarce. Several dealers said they could get it for me by trading with another dealer but that never panned out, either because the vehicle never materialized or there were unwanted extra accessories, etc. I had read elsewhere that it's generally not a good idea to get dealer trades.

Gardena Honda promptly gave me a price $29,932 and were very straight with me. I would have bought from them but we just couldn't find the color.

Robertson Honda in North Hollywood initially quoted me $30,186. I replied I'd consider at $29,932. The internet manager was very straight about what colors he had or was getting and was the ONLY dealer who said he actually had a midnight blue model coming in. I was skeptical and hadn't checked back with him until he sent me an email Thursday last week. I think it was a generic automatically generated email as he didn't say anything about the blue car, but when I emailed him back he replied the car was in. I asked for his price and he gave the $29,932.

I went to Robertson Honda Friday and signed the papers. The car had some extra accessories (mudguards and roof rack crossbars), but to their credit they didn't try to get me to pay any extra for them. Total out the door $32,667. The internet manager followed me home to deliver the vehicle. He is a good guy and respects the internet buyer's time. Maybe we could have got a better deal but the time involved in finding the color was getting ridiculous. We are happy.
  • jam4jam4 Member Posts: 3
    If it's ODT price for EXL-RES then this is the lowest price I've seen so far for this van. I guess it's much below invoice. I'm also in Chicagoland market looking for the same van. Can you please post the name of the dealership? What was the price of the vehicle including destination but excluding taxes and other fees? Thanks.
  • socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    I bought a sagebrush pearl (what color is that anyway???a kinda greenish/blushish/grayish thing)EX-L with RES at Rock Honda in Fontana for 29,575.00 + 40 doc fee. Then of course there's the tax and registration. They were easy to deal with and had no issues. I did get a offer from OC honda world for invoice if I could wait 3 weeks for a car to come in(couldn't do it LOL). Also Riverside Honda was invoice + 300.00. Hope this helps.
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652

Yes, Pohanka of Salisbury will deliver your car on a flatbed truck for free. They did make me that offer. Since I drove out to complete the paperwork, there was no way I couldn't drive it home, lol!

Actually, I never sat foot in Pohanka. All the paperwork was done through fax and e-mail and they had couple of old geezers drive out the car to my home in Northern VA. No flatbed truck involved...
  • jdengjdeng Member Posts: 3
    got couple dealers agreed on the 30k out of door price on the EXL, one in palm beach, one in broward county. However, one dealer was able to offer free 10 year/100000 power train warrantee, and 5 year road side assistance, the other only can offer 7 year/100000 mile power train warrantee. Wasn't able to get the silver color I wanted because they don't have the color on the lot, and waited for couple weeks, no that color either, so finally gave it up, and bought a sand rock color. Should have bought one with RES, the aftermarket DVD can't have FM modulated, because it requires an aftermarket adapter that doesn't exist yet. So have to wait for that to come out to install an overhead DVD console with FM modulator.
  • utahclimberutahclimber Member Posts: 5
    Could everyone tell me what kind of gas mileage they are getting both city & highway? I need to compare to mine before I take the Odyssey back to the regional maintenance director.

Thanks,

Darrell
    I'm getting 16mpg in the cities in the 1st 150 miles.
    no highway driving yet.
  • weitogoweitogo Member Posts: 7
    For the ones reporting on Highway driving, I hope you are driving within the speed limit. My husband has been following the engine break-in period to the letter. He anticipates traffic patterns, avoiding acceleration and braking, etc.

We are still on the first tank, the mileage is over 300, so I guess at least it is better than 15MPG.:-)

Thanks,

Wei
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    We're not even in the city, we're in the suburbs, so there's never any stop-and-go traffic, but we do make a lot of short trips. Our milleage has been in the 13-15 mpg range; typically it's 14.5 mpg. On the highway we get 22 mpg driving at 75-80 mph.

This is in a 2005 Touring edition with VCM.
    Jim,

We contacted Yenko Honda and Honda Village in Greensburg. Yenko told us
    that they can do $200 over invoice and Greensburg said $150 is possible
    to get our business if necessary.

We went to Washington Honda - we lived in Peters Township and we go
    there a lot for our weekend shopping trips so we figure that we can buy
    there, and have the car serviced or whatever, while we shop. The
    salesperson is really nice, and he took care of everything, even
    insurance, we did not need to call at all. He told us that there will be a
    Honda owner dinner we can attend, and we are also getting a free oil
    change.

BTW, the ultimate verification that we paid a good price, Honda Village
    called me back after the long weekend and asked what they can do to get
    our business. I said we are getting $100 over invoice, he said "you
    have a good price, I will call you if my sales manager can give me a
    better deal". He has not called me back yet!!

Good luck shopping!!

Thanks,

Wei
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I can't resist...sorry...but...

It sure seems (to me anyway) that you are put yourself through a tremendous amount of trouble over very few dollars!

But...hey, as long as you're happy!
  • akadakad Member Posts: 1
    I am shopping for an Odyssey in Minneapolis, could anyone please suggest a dealer with the best price?
    Re: EX-L $100 over invoice In Pittsburgh, PA [weitogo] by isellhondas Jun 06, 2005 (6:08 pm)
    Reply | E-mail Msg

Seems like the spoil sport can work the other way too!! Interesting!!

At least I put myself through a tremendous amount of troubles in saving some dollars and helping others saving some dollars.

I hope you are happy too!!

Thanks,

Wei
  • cuongcuong Member Posts: 45
    Just want to share my buying experience over Memorial Day weekend. I live in Houston, TX but go back to New Olreans to buy the van for my parents. We went to all three dealers in NO..Superior Honda, Royal Honda, and Premier Honda. I did online research here @ Edmunds and requested internet price from Premier Honda. Premier gave me online price for $32,564 (I called Premier Honda to confirm the price, and the saleperson told me that this weekend they also had dealer cash back special which would save me some more money....this was not true..they were trying to get me to come in the dealer). Edmunds' MTV price was $32,936, so I thought it was a very good price. All three dealers gave me 1.9% for 24 or 36 months or 3.9% for 60 months...I think this was Memorial Day special from Honda.

We went to Superior Honda first b/c it was only few minutes from our house. We got there about 10 minutes before 7pm on Saturday. This dealer was closing at 7pm on that Saturday. One saleman came out and told us that they close at 7pm. He gave us his business card and told us to come back Monday.....walked to his car and drove off the lot. Then, we came back on Monday. One of the saleman showed us the van and its features. I did not want to spend alot time at this dealer, so I asked him to give me their best price for the van. He gave me $32,6??, and the total walk out price was $36,001. Because Premier Honda had better price, I walked out this dealer.

We drove across town to second dealer, Royal Honda. Here, the saleman was very nice. He took us for the test drive. We liked this van color (silver/grey) and it had under 10 miles. When we got back to the dealer, I asked him for their best price and he gave me $32,5??...still little more expensive than Premier Honda. I asked him to give me better price and he got his manager to come out. Because I was not ready to buy the car yet (had one more dealer to visit), the sale manager did not want to give us another price. Also, his attitude made me mad so I walked out the dealer.

When I got to the third dealer, Premier Honda, I asked for Internet saleperson and saw the gentleman that email me the price of the van. I showed him the price from the email ($32,564) and he agreed. Also, I asked him that they had the silver Odyssey EXL RES/NAV in stock and he said YES. Then, I asked him about dealer cash back, and he said that they did not have dealer cash back. FIRST REASON TO GET MAD :mad: . My parents and I was willing to pay $32,564, so I asked him to show us the van. Minutes later he pulled up the van. I came out first to check it out. It was not the color and EXL RES/NAV model that we wanted. I think it was LX model. Why he pulled up the wrong van? :confuse: I told him that this van was not what we wanted, and I asked him that they had the one we wanted here. So we went back inside the dealer and took him awhile to check for the van. Moment later he and his manager came out and told us that they did not have the van that we want here, but they can get it here for us in couple hours. SECOND REASON TO GET MAD :mad: :mad: The manager told us to start the paper work b/c the van would be at the dealer by the time we were done with the paper work (this would save us time). Before we started the paper work, I asked him for better price, but they could not go lower. So I went ahead and accepted the original offer. Then, I asked him about the rate. He gave us 1.9% for 24 or 36 months and 3.9% for 60 months as the other two dealers. While we were thinking, he threw in 2.9% for 48 months. We took 2.9% and started the paper work. By the time we went in another office to sign the loan...still no van show up yet. The manager still told us that the van would show up soon after we are done the loan. I started have questions :confuse: but did not know why I still went in to do the loan without see the van first. After signed all the papers and came out..still no van. The manager told it was on its way there. Then, he asked to pay the down payment, and I was willingly agree. I put the down payment on two credit cards, b/c they could not accept on one credit card. After I charged to my credit cards and walked back to the front of the dealer, the manager came to me and told me the good news that they got two van in. BUT the vans both got scratches and needed paint job, and he did not want to give either van to us like that. Then, he told us another good news that they can get another van in perfect condition in two days. I told him that we want the van by the end of that day..also I had to go back to Houston later that evening. Then, he offered $500 off for the van and would pay for the hotel for me to stay back for two days. At this point, my Mom and I were furious. They did not have the van we want at the beginning and lied to us to make us wasted few hours there. I asked him to take me to the cashier to get my credit back on my credit cards. I told him that we were going back to either Superior Honda or Royal Honda to get the van, because they had the one we wanted. The manager told us the vans at those dealers are sold (he lied to us again).

We went back to Royal Honda. While I was at Royal, Premier kept calling me. Royal actually had two van that we wanted. One that we tested drive and another one still had plastic wrap. They gave us the one with plastic wrap still on. That van had only 12 miles. The same manager that we dealt before told us that Premier called them and begged Royal to give the van to them. Another thing that made me mad was when I signed the loan. They put down $8 to the total price without telling me. I catched that $8 on the paper and asked the loan officer, and he told me that $8 was for tires disposal. Can anyone tell me that there is a fee for this? I was about to tell him to take that $8 off and re-print the form before I signed it. Then, the saleperson came in and asked me some questions...Perfect timing. After answering his questions...I was too tired to think or remember.., I continued signed all the paper work.
    We drove off the dealer with new van around 6pm, so it took us about 8 hours to buy a new van.

As of today more than a week later, I only get credit back to one of my credit card from Premier Honda. Still waiting on the other one. Last week I called Premier Honda and told to the manager that helped me. I gave him my name and told that I was trying to buy a van with them on Monday. He remembered me and me how was the deal at Royal. Then, I told him that I put down x amount for down payment on two credit card, and told him to speed up my return to my credit cards. He told me that I did not put that much down and told me that I only put down 10% of what I told him. After awhile he agreed that I put that x amount down, then he told me that they could not accept that much on credit card anyway. Wow, when you are trying to buy a car, they treat you like a king. When the deal are done or go sour, they dont care a
  • fhymsonfhymson Member Posts: 3
    I have put a deposit on a EXL with Nav and RES. In addition to to the cost of the car, which includes the destination fee the dealer is charging me a $90 Administration fee and $73.50 for brand new tags.

Breakdown as follows:
    $31,862.00 Car including destination
    $1,911.72 6% Sales Tax PA
    $73.50 Registration fee
    $90.00 Administration fee
    $33,937.00 Total Out the door Price

I know that the Car price is very good since no other dealer in my area would match the price, but I'm not sure what others are paying for the associated fees.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    FH
  • nobody2nobody2 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new 2005 Honda Odyssey EX cloth with splash guards at a bay area dealer (east bay) in California before the memorial day week-end.

Paid a total of $28016 OTD. Breakdown as follows:

$25,500 + $45 (doc fee) + $2235 (tax) + $227 (dmv) + $8.75 (tire fee) = $28016 OTD

I started off by reading postings in this forum to get an idea on the price range. I then called a few dealers in my area and took quotes over the phone. The quotes ranged from $25,881 to $26,581. Each phone call lasted less than 5 minutes. Some dealers asked for my color preference. I said that I did not have a specific color in mind and plan to select the color during the dealer visit. I then called another nearby dealer. He offered to beat any quote by $500 but finally agreed to sell Odyssey at $25,500 with splash guards. He also mentioned that he had all colors in stock. We visited the dealer on the same day and bought the one we liked.

Overall it was a smooth buying experience.

I recommend potential buyers to first take quotes over the phone or email to get a sense of price range in your nearby area. I got the list of dealers in my area along with their phone numbers and the internet manager contact names from the Honda website. When making a phone call, I asked the dealership to connect me to the internet manager (as I wanted to avoid talking to typical sales men who roam around in the lobbies).
  • ramair1ramair1 Member Posts: 6
    Anyone know what the residual is on a '05 Touring w/ DVD & RES is? Dealer stated it to be $16,384 (May 27, 05)...seems low to me.

Does it drop towards the end of the model year? If so, why lease an '05 and not wait until the "06 are available? I would assume the "06 would be cheaper to lease since the residuals should be higher on the "newer" vehicle...right? :confuse:
  • premgpremg Member Posts: 2
    Hello, If you bought a 2005 Odyssey EX-L recently, please post the price and your experience with the Honda Dealers in the Dallas/Fortworth area. I appreciate your time. Thanks.
  • rperez718rperez718 Member Posts: 10
    Which dealers in Broward and Palm Beach? Thanks!
  • ks96ks96 Member Posts: 7
    We purchased an EXL-RES on May 28th. Dealt with Bankston Honda, McDavid in Frisco. Made purchase from Frank Kent in Fort Worth. It's on the west side, but would make the drive in a heartbeat. Best car buying experience we've had.

Would suggest avoiding Vandergriff in Arlington at all costs.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    1) Please do not ask for info about specific salespeople. We work hard to keep these boards solicitation-free, and that includes asking others to e-mail you with names.

2) Please exchange dealership, city & state info on the boards. We are a community, and we prefer that information be posted where all of our members can benefit. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• lincolnclincolnc Member Posts: 6
    I brought mine in from Yuba City Honda... pls see my posted msg #9726 or page 487.

Good luck
    rick case &sherwood
  • maulanamaulana Member Posts: 55
    dear friends...
    About a week ago, we purchased our lovely blue 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES (and a few more goodies like fog lights, roof cross bars, all season mats, etc.) for 29,550 plus tax. Totally delighted with the experience.

Having driven the van for a week, I wanted to encourage those of you who are on the fence to get off of it. This is a *great* van. I kid you not, the problem we have is that our kids get home, and they don't want to get out of it. Something about running back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd row, watching movies, etc.

I have driven toyota SUVs for a while, and was thinking of going with the Sienna. We testdrove both, and the Odyssey just has a more modern feel to it, hard to explain. The engine has much more get up and go compared to Sienna, and the layout of the seats is more open. If you glance back from the driver's seat, the Sienna to me looks cramped, the Odyssey more open.

Anyway, we love this minivan. we had one minor problem, which a few other people have had too: the headphones did not pick up on the DVD player, although they played the CD player and radio. We took it to the dealer, and they fixed it right away. Everything else has been perfect.

have fun exploring!

maulana (in upstate New York)
  • jcyclejcycle Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

I would like to know the what should be max speed limit initially and for how many miles I should drive within the speed limit on a new odyssey.

Do I have to use premium or normal gas would do on a odyssey.

Thank you in advance
  • hz8hz8 Member Posts: 1
    Have you been able to find the dealership with the lowest price for EXL-RES in Chicagoland? Please share your info. Thanks.
  • shperezshperez Member Posts: 7
    Did you get it in New York? If you did, can you provide the dealer information, I'm looking for the exact same model and same options and I think the price you paid for it is very good. :)

Thank you!
  • shperezshperez Member Posts: 7
    I'm in the market for this van. Today I visited two dealers in L.I. NY and the best price I've got today was
    28787.00 (including Destination fee)
    374.00 (Administration fee)
    + tax.00 (8.75%)
    + dmv

Is this a good deal? :confuse:

I still think I should be able to do better.

Thank you.
    dear Shperez,

If that price is for a new 2005 Odyssey with Leather and the Rear Entertainment system, then it is a GREAT price.
    According to Edmunds, the MSRP is $ 32610, more importantly the invoice price including destination is $29,387. The price you are quoting is $600 BELOW invoice, which is amazing, I think, for a vehicle like this.

I'd say make sure you are getting a good financing rate and not getting screwed on the trade-in, and go with it!

maulana
  • accordpilotaccordpilot Member Posts: 1
    Owner's manual recommends to avoid full throttle acceleration and hard braking for the first 600 miles. No speed limit is recommended by Honda, although your local gendarmes probably have some recommendations.

Regular gas (86 octane) is recommended.
    we got ours at Carbone Honda in Yorkville, which is just outside of Utica, NY. The entire staff was very good.
  • eddyceddyc Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I'v been looking for a Odyssey EXL-DVD and EXL-DVD/NAVI in Orange County and Los Angeles area, so far the best price I've gotten for EXL-DVD is 29,588 and for EXL-DVD/NAVI is 32,988. What do think? The EXl-DVD price seem good, but the EXL-DVD/NAVI price seems high to me.

Is there anyone in my area who has bought either of these vans at a better price? If so at which dealer.

Thank you in advance.

Eddy
  • socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    Paid 29,575.00 for EXL-RES at Rock Honda in Fontana on memorial day weekend. They are easy to deal with and the prices are still coming down on this van. Also OC Honda World said they would sell to me at invoice(29,387.00) if I could wait 3 weeks(Couldn't). Riverside Honda also had a good quote all got back to me by phone on the day I sent email. Hope this helps.
  • linkwoodlinkwood Member Posts: 2
    We just bought an Odyssey EX-L for $27,778 (including destination, cross bar, splash guards, and cargo mat) plus tax and title. Based on our experience, the best price for EX-L is about $700 below invoice in Boston.

Thanks for the information provided by this forum! It has been very useful for our negotiaion.
  • jam5jam5 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to buy an Odyssey soon. Do you mind telling me the delear from where you bought your odyssey?
  • batballbatball Member Posts: 7
    please let me know the best price paid for 2005 Honda Odyssey ExL With RES and Navi in NY, NJ and PA, Maryland,Delaware area. Would appreciate if your'll can include the break down of price as well (incl taxes)

thanks
    Bart.
  • anu_shrianu_shri Member Posts: 13
    RSHT,
    I am also in the chicago area...
    I would highly appreciate if u can let me know the dealership name , so that i can get a quote from them....i am in the market for EXL OR EXL/RES depending on the price i get it.......
    Thanx
    anu_shri
  • keyur75keyur75 Member Posts: 14
    I am looking into buying a Odyssey EX - no leather. The price I was quoted is as follows:
    $ 25500
    515 - destination charge
    1561 - taxes 6 %
    i.e $ 27575.0

+ 342.0 regist.
    + 7.5 tire fee
    + 200 Processing fee

Final - OTD - $28125.0

How is this price in NJ area ? What about financing options ?Can Somebody suugest anything ? Can I do better on the prices
  • cuongcuong Member Posts: 45
    Everyone has to pay tire fee? And what is the tire fee for? I paid $8 for tires disposal fee which the saleperson did not tell me up front.