Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• johnj62johnj62 Member Posts: 10
    Just curious, but what European sports sedan did you trade your Odyssey. We are in the market for both the Oddy and a sports sedan for my wife. As usual she's getting the better part of the deal.
  • gratefuledgratefuled Member Posts: 3
    I bought a Volvo S60. As I am 6'6", my choice of cars is severely limited. I fit comfortably in the S60 with headroom and legroom to spare, and the center console doesn't cut off the blood flow to my right leg. The car is a blast to drive... quite surprising for a Volvo, and quite a change from the Odyssey.
  • joshuah1joshuah1 Member Posts: 22
    Lute Riley is the volume Honda dealer in Dallas. They always have a great selection of vans available, no wait required. There is a catch. The vans come loaded with dealer add ons such as leather ($2500), Environmental Protection Package ($700), cross bars, etc. I told them that it was bad enough to pay MSRP for any car, let alone a van. And that I would not add insult to injury by paying for expensive dealer add ons that simply boost dealer margin. The sales manager said he would work with me on these but I declined to pursue it for now. A week later (perhaps a coincidence), I get a coupon in the mail for $2500 off!!!!! Don't get too excited. It's a $1000 credit towards leather, $1000 towards the tv vcr option, and $500 towards the environmental package. I can use all three and save $2500 but I know that I would have been able to bargain those options down anyway. Another words, these coupons are useless. I can't believe how stupid these guys think we are. But to their credit, they are selling some of these vans at MSRP and full dealer add on prices. Unreal. Joshua Harrison
  • subaru2subaru2 Member Posts: 3
    Purchased a 2000 Odyssey EX, Canadian version with 4K miles on it, from Lundgren Honda. Has the heated outdoor mirrors, already has the cargo net and mud flaps on it, apparently standard otherwise. Got the 7yr/100K warranty for $875, no haggle, paying $20,000K after a $5k trade-in. This is our 1st prurchase from Lundgren any feedback or a "heads up" would be nice.

They had a couple of Canadian models but on the higher end with NAVI and DVD entertainment centers, (if my livingroom does not have a DVD my car certainly will not)

Got the checklist from Edmunds this is great and have made some purchases from "hondapartsforyou" site, waiting to see what shows up. They are currently not charging for shipping and the prices looked good.

Regards
  • diymandiyman Member Posts: 11
    I bought my '94 Accord from Lundgren (Auburn, MA) and have had only good experiences with their sales and service people, granted being an Accord it never has needed much more than routine maintenance.

I hadn't been to their service since my warranty ran out, but had to go back for a recall, and was pleasantly surprised to see they had lowered the price of most of their routine services. They have a board with their price vs. Jiffy Lube for oil changes, vs. Goodyear for brakes, alignments, etc. and they all either meet or beat them. That scores major points in my book, as that was one of the big reasons I went local for these services.

As for sales, they are no pressure, and since the sons took over the business, the sales people are paid a set commission per vehicle sold, not based on price. Another good point.

I went and test drove a 2001 Canadian Ody last weekend, just to finally drive one of them as I will not be buying until summer. Though I will buy only a US model (see the detailed replies to my previous Canadian question a month or so back), we talked about the odometer changes and warranty issues. I have to admit I was tempted since the prices of new 2001 Can. EX's was 900+ under MSRP. But I am still not quite ready to buy and all they had was white ones not already spoken for or another 5 or so with leather or navi's. When I asked about other color availability, he went and asked the manager. He was told they are ending the Canadian Ody program, and when those on the lot are gone, it's US only. He was not told why, as they have sold over 300 of them, but suspects all the hoops/costs to get them aren't worth it any more.

Also, when I asked about US model availability, he said they have around a 3 month wait, but they are selling them at MSRP. So I will plan accordingly when the time comes. Hope this helps you and anyone else in the area.
  • diymandiyman Member Posts: 11
    Over the Presidents' Day holiday weekend, where the newspapers are loaded with car ads, I did an Odyssey search in the Boston Globe and was surprised to see one dealer say they had "over 20 in stock for immediate delivery", another say they had "36 incoming for immediate delivery" (whatever that means), another said simply "we have Odysseys in stock for immediate delivery". What's the scoop - is there a waitlist/shortage or not?

The kicker was one ad for a new Honda dealer in Lawrence which said the usual "$2001 of MSRP for Accords", but "$5001 off new Odyssey", and in small print it said dealer price, not MSRP, which could only be expected. Knowing this had to be a crock, I just had to call and inquire (too far to drive for nothing) if only for my own amusement. I asked a salesman what is the dealer price, expecting them to be loaded with everything PLUS the kitchen sink, and how many do they have available? He did not know (surprise) but said he would go find out and call me back. Of course I never heard from him again. And here I thought I would have a great gouging story for this forum. Oh well...it's not even worth my calling back.
  • subaru2subaru2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the heads up about Lundgren. I'll look for the post on Canadian models.

We had gone to Honda of Seekonk a Herb Chambers location and found they had 4 or 5 on the lot, and always did but all were loaded and started at $31K. They made it real clear they made their money on the options if we wanted one that day.

We were told if we ordered that day it would be May or June for delivery. I liked their honesty but could not afford the vehicle and really did not need to wait.

I think we got lucky. Thanks again
  • susan65susan65 Member Posts: 1
    AFTER READING ALL THE POSTS ABOUT JAY HONDA I DECIDED TO VISIT THE DEALER.I LIVE IN THE CLEVELAND AREA SO IT WAS NOT FAR TO DRIVE TO.
    I KNEW BEFOREHAND THAT I WOULDN'T BE GETTING A BIG DISCOUNT JUST BY MY RESEARCH.OH WELL!I DEALT DIRECTLY WITH THE SALES MANAGER, DAVE NORCINI.AT LEAST I DIDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A PUSHY SALESPERSON.I RECEIVED 500.00 OFF STICKER ON A GRANITE GREEN EX.THEY HAPPENED TO HAVE IT ON THE LOT AND I PICKED IT UP THE NEXT DAY.DAVE WAS VERY
    DIRECT,NO B.S.I LIKED THAT.IT IS ALWAYS NICE WHEN
    YOU FIND A REGULAR PERSON IN THE CAR BUSINESS.
    TRY HIM OUT.
  • erickamerickam Member Posts: 7
    Followed up on a post by Dennis Broadhead about his experience with Barry Flatt at Alton Blakely Honda in Somerset, KY.

Barry is a straight shooter. I called him up and he told me what he had on his list of vans about to be built.

I gave him a $500 on-refundable deposit on a TW EX and he sold it to me for $500 under MSRP. Took about three weeks from deposit to delivery.

I took the 7/100 $0 Honda Care for $875 and decided to splurge on the leather steering wheel cover, transmission cooler (though I'll never tow), plastic bug shield, and wheel well liners.

Price on the Honda Care was competitive as were the prices on the accessories with installation. I think my total was 27,843.

I flew into Louisvile, KY and they sent out a sales person named Shawn to pick me up. That is 125 miles each way. I tipped him $50. They also made a hotel reservation for me at the Best Western and Barry brought me the van the next morning.

Barry gave me a thorough introduction to the van and I used the checklist, that is floating around on this list somewhere, to go over it. I missed one small thing which wasn't on the checklist.

To put the trans cooler in you have to drop the front bumper. In the process of putting it back the mechanic left off one fastener and put a very small chip in the paint on the bumper. I'm not concerned.

I felt good about my experience.

By the way, they have an S2000 and an Insight that they are looking to sell pretty cheap. That area seems more like pickup truck country than hybrid land.

Their number is 800-264-3275. Ask for Barry.

Glad to be here and excited about my van.

Thanks to our moderator for making me feel welcome.

Sincerely,
    Eric Kaminetzky
    2001 TW EX
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I've deleted a couple of posts tonight from a salesman named Ben touting himself while disguised as a consumer. Soliciting is a violation of the Terms of Use (see the link on the sidebar).

While we have several "good" salespeople posting on Town Hall who, for the most part, try to help out without blowing their own horn, please note that we have some who are just trying to drum up business. Usually you can tell the "real" testimonials (like erickam's above) from the fakes, but it helps to keep the salt grains handy.

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • rnd96rnd96 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to potentially purchase an EX within the next year. Does anyone know of a good, honest Honda dealer in the Orlando/Central Florida area? Have not checked out the dealers yet. Would prefer not to experience some of the horror stories I have read about in the previous postings. If there are good dealers in the area, is there any other information you could share, ie. sales people, negotiating tactics, waiting lists, limited models, etc. Thanks.
  • daddioof4daddioof4 Member Posts: 50
    I know I'm on the wrong post here, but I feel I must educate some of you die-hard Honda fanatics (DHHF). First off I use to be a DHHF. My first was a 1972 Honda 750-4 bike. This baby was pure pleasure. I than bought an 80 civic, most reliable car made in the 80's. I bought my wife an 86 Accord and it was the most refined car of its day. I convinced at least 15 other people to buy Honda. Then we started having kids and we out grew what Honda had to offer. I traded my civic on a Subaru Legacy wagon and $ for $ it matches the civic for value. I traded the Accord in on a Plymouth Voyager and it was the worst experience I have ever had on a vehicle. I normally keep my cars for 9-10 years but decided to get rid of the voyager before it was even paid off. I longed to have a Honda again. So I started pursuing the HO and decided I couldn't afford to buy one (with the heavy markup/no discounts) and I couldn't afford to wait for one while I was plugging $ into the voyager. SO, I expanded my search to any van other than the Chrysler garbage. Lo and behold, I stumble across the Mazda MPV. It was re designed in 2000. Comparing it to the HO. Here is the differences. 1) it is smaller, but I have 4 children ages 12, 11, 8 & 5 and we feel the MPV is as roomy as our standard wheelbase Voyager and has more cargo area with the well for the magic seat. Also the size makes for better handling and parking. 2) it has a smaller engine than the HO and some people complain it's a dog, but compare to the Voyager it is a race car. Those are the only negatives on the MPV vs HO Now the positives 1) Equipped the same as the HO you can save time and money, You CAN negotiate a deal. My Van is the LX with security, 4 season pkg, 3 in 1 audio, roof rack and dealer install stuff listed for 25190. I got a 2000 rebate and neg the price down to 20822. 2) This van is made in Japan, unlike the Canadian HO 3) It has the 3rd row magic seat. 4) 2nd row captains seats that move to a bench config like the HO, except you can do it while you are sitting in it. It slides sideways and front to back. 5) This is the only van that the windows go up and down in the 2nd row. Just like a car (imagine that), I am sure the next Generation of all vans will have this. 6) the std sound system rocks 7) the magic seat can also flip backwards when the lift gate is open and serve as a tailgate seat, Really useful at my kids soccer games.

One irony, when I bought my civic the 1st runner up was the Mazda GLC. When I bought my accord the 1st runner up was the Mazda 626. When I bought my MPV the 1st runnerup was the HO.
  • vegasmomvegasmom Member Posts: 1
    After reading several rave reviews about Jay Honda and Dennis Jenkins in Ohio, I decided to call them in my search for an Odyssey. He had Ex's for $300 under MSRP. I live on the West Coast (Las Vegas), where prices are high--$1,000 over MSRP, minimum--and dealers arrogant and reluctant to deal. Let me just say that Dennis is a wonderful person to deal with. He treats customers with respect and talks in much-welcomed "plain English," not dealerspeak. He has excellent follow-through and attention to the small details particular to buying a car out of state. If more of the folks in car sales were like Dennis, I'd probably want to go car shopping more than once a decade! If you're getting the high-price, take-it-or-leave-it runaround out West, at least call Jay Honda and see what they can do.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    I am glad you love the MPV. Many of us love our Odys. Attempting to educate us may be a futile effort as well as a stretch.

Yes, the MPV may be cheaper and more easily obtainable. For me, price was not the issue, perceived value was. I looked briefly at the Mazda and my perceptions were:

Size - smaller, hence less useful for me. Yes, I carry 4x8 sheets in it as well as everything needed for family vacations with small children.

Smaller engine - well duh - it's a smaller van. No issue to me.

Price - value was the key and that is a subjective matter. I could have paid $20K and gotten the MPV but it would have been worthless to me the first time I took it on vacation.

Rolldown 2nd row windows - not a concern to me. We hardly drive with any windows down.

Tailgate seat - Ody does the same.

I'm not saying the MPV is a bad choice, just a different choice. Just this weekend I recommended the MPV to a friend. He was interested in a minivan, but didn't want to spend over $21K and was concerned about size. MPV sounds like it should fit the bill.

Best of luck with it.
  • twc8888twc8888 Member Posts: 8
    Just bought an EX for $28000 in San Jose.
    The dealer is trying to sell me:

** HondaCare Extended warranty (7 yrs/100k/$0) for $1400 NOW (It will cost 10% more two years later)

** Paint sealant to protect exterior paint ($500)

** "Better" security alarm ($400) - can protect against window breakage.

Did you get any of them? Should I?

Many thanks.
  • swircenskeswircenske Member Posts: 5
    I have been in contact with several dealers in Colorado and none of them have a Odyessy LX or EX in stock. They tell me that the availability of one is not until June. They are not moving from the sticker price. In some cases they are charging over MSRP. DOes anyone out there know of a dealer in the region that is more 'reasonable?'

Thanks!
  • davida5davida5 Member Posts: 21
    Is there a problem buying a vehicle in one state and registering it the first time in another state? Where do you pay sales tax?

California used to charge something like $300 for non-CA emission used cars (may have been even worse on new cars) but this was found to be illegal. I don't know if they've funded the program, but you can apply for a refund if you ever paid the fee. I assume most cars now have USA-wide emissions standards now.
    Not exactly an Odyssey issue, but to follow up on the CA smog impact fee. This is where you apply for a refund:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/smoginq/index.htm

• cary28cary28 Member Posts: 53
    Does anyone know what is the shipping cost for the Ody from OH to Northern CAL? A couple of people had bought the Ody from Jay and shipped it back to California. I was curious what is the actual shipping and handling charges to see if it makes sense to go that route. Thanks.

Cary
  • staceypmillerstaceypmiller Member Posts: 4
    Anyone out there purchase an EX in CT for a decent price? I am looking, but everyone seems to be offering them WAY over MSRP. I am also interested in upgrading leather, so if you have info on that - it would be helpful too.

I wouldn't mind venturing to a nearby state, but I really don't know much about the tax/registration implications.
  • ssoto1ssoto1 Member Posts: 66
    Need help in the tri-state area (Queens NY) what are the honda Odd going for i was quoted 28000 for the EX is that a fair price,or to much also check out the toyota sienna LE with alot of options for 25000. Can someone help thanks.
  • sshkurovsshkurov Member Posts: 6
    Hi Everyone,

I am ready to buy an Odyssey EX with navigation in Chicago. I have three quotes from dealers in the area offering it at MSRP. Does anyone have some additional information on prices paid around here?

Thanks in advance for your input.
  • kalajiankalajian Member Posts: 43
    No problem to purchase Oddy out of state and register in CAlifornia. Oddy is 50 state smog compliant. Just get a smog check in California, drive it to the DMV where they visually inspect to make sure it is properly labeled for appropriate smog controls, and pay the tax and registration in California. Tax and registration on an ex navi for me was $2399 as of January of this year.
  • kalajiankalajian Member Posts: 43
    I purchased from Ohio and live in so. california. Shipping cost from Ohio delivered to my driveway was $895.00. It would be $150.00 cheaper if I wanted to drive down to their local depot and pick it up and drive it home myself. I think others have posted here that they paid a similar price for shipping to no. california from Ohio.
    They are quoting $750 to ship to Hayward (some sort of terminal) and $100 more for delivery to your door.
  • sz1sz1 Member Posts: 31
    I have been told that Hillside Honda is offering Odyssey's for MSRP which for an ex is about $26,500. Have you treid them yet?
  • dj5dj5 Member Posts: 42
    Eric, congratulations on your purchase of you new Odyssey.

We now have about 2500 miles on our SS 01 Odyssey that we purchased from Alton Blakley. So far we have had no problems and no complaints. My wife loves her new ride. Making the drive from Atlanta to Sommerset, Ky was well worth a day of our time.

I have heard from a couple of people that they are now only offering $500 off MSRP vs. the $1000 off MSRP that we received about 6-8 weeks ago.

Hope you enjoy your new Odyssey.
  • davidebrowndavidebrown Member Posts: 13
    Someone mentioned a new vehicle pick up checklist. I have not found it by looking throught the messages, can someone post it again, or tell me which message # to look at? Thanks,
    Dave
  • ztzzztzz Member Posts: 16
    For the new vehicle checklist, check Honda Odyssey XXX, Message #887. I just copied the message below:

The checklist, courtesty of shaganasty:

http://1netweb.com/checklist.htm

• davidebrowndavidebrown Member Posts: 13
    I have to admit, I could not work out a deal on the odyssey, so I will be stuck (heck, it's still a new vehicle) with a Silo for 4 or so years. I'll modify this checklist, but it will help me avoid a bunch of trips back. Thanks.

Dave
    (reason I could not do it- upside down (bigtime) on a GM vehicle from a previous roll in)
  • gkjeunggkjeung Member Posts: 21
    I too considered buying the MPV for a long time before buying the Odyssey. We came very close to buying a LX at a very low price. I loved the versatile seatings, 2nd row windows, and the smaller size of the MPV. However, I just did not have any faith in the Ford-built engine. But what really convinced me to pay the $$ over MSRP here in North CA was the Odyssey's crash test and rollover ratings. I paid over $31,000 for the Odyssey EX (w/no significant options) out-the-door last month. I could have bought a fully loaded MPV LX quoted at about $24,000 out-the-door. Hopefully, I will not regret my decision. Thanks for sharing you thoughts.
    Hi Dennis, thanks for the note. It was your post that lead me to call Barry Flatt.

When I called he was not offering any more than $500 off MSRP and I didn't push it.

At one point he said that their price on the HondaCare 7/100/$0 had gone up to $975 but he backed it down to $875 pretty much of his own accord.

They did a nice job installing the leather steering wheel cover, the bug shield, and the wheel well liners.

The trans cooler was not done quite so well. Minor chip in the paint and one missing fastener but I'm not concerned.

I would reccomend them. I drove home 450 miles and felt it was worth it to get the van I wanted quickly and at what I consider to be a reasonable price given the market at the time of my purchase.

I would be happy to go into more detail about my experience if anyone wants to contact me off line.

Sincerely,
    Eric Kaminetkzy
    The TicketGuy
    ticketguy@traffic-ticket.com
  • trafiklitetrafiklite Member Posts: 1
    I started my search for a minivan about 2months ago. I wanted to get an Odyssey or a Grand Caravan (GC). The thing that I liked about GC was that the vehicles where in the dealers lot and the thing that I didnt like is that most of things were optional. I enquired dealers in VA, MD areas for Odyssey and most of them said that the wait would be 2-3 months and the price is the MSRP or higer. Al asked for a deposit of $500 some said that its refindable and others said it will be difficult to get the deposit back or I have to buy the van from them. I couldnt find a vehicle to test drive at any dealership. Luckily there was a 2000 Odyssey which somebody had traded in at one dealer which I test drove. It was very comfortable, my only problem is with the gas pedal. I feel its very tight and I have to really step on it to make it move.
    About 3 weeks I paid one of the local dealer a $500 deposit and he said the van could be available in a month or even earlier.
    Around 2 weeks ago I got calls from about 4-5 dealers saying that they have the vans and I can come and get them any time. And at the same time my dealer called and said that the van is in.
    I went and picked it up couple of days ago.
    Its a great looking van, lot of interior space and comfortable. I paid 25266 + tax etc. The options installed were keyless entry, splash guards, cargo tray, stripes.
  • centerdonecenterdone Member Posts: 1
    Van: Honda Odyssey EX No Nav
    Color: Silver Starlight
    My location: Sunnyvale, CA (Northern California)
    Dealership: Jay Honda, OH
    Salesperson: Dennis Jenkins, 888-321-2371 ext 134, JayHondaDJ@aol.com
    Deposit paid: $500, refundable
    Wait: 5 days (From deposit payment to getting the VIN)
    Price paid: $26440 + $50 doc fees + $19.25 temp registration fees
    Shipping cost: $750 (up to Terminus in Hayword)
    Financing: eloan.com 7.39% for 60 months
    I have sent the signed documents, cashier's check and eloan draft today. The van will be shipped once Dennis gets the docs.

Notes:
    - I will keep you guys posted on how long it takes for the car to get here.
    - I am very happy with the service I received from Dennis. No surprises, no hassles, just great service.
    - I mentioned to Dennis about the right-pulling tendency of these vans. He said that he will make sure that his guys check for it before the van gets shipped.
    - Eloan was a great experinece too. No hassle, loan approval in 20 minutes, draft and documents delivered within 12 hrs (with a $12 payment for overnight shipping)

Philosophical Musings:
    I remember somebody posting here that they were quoted a price by Dennis that was higher than mentioned here by others. In my opinion, it is OK for the dealers to charge what the market will bear as long as they keep the promises they make. That is, it is OK to tell you a higher price and ask you take it or leave it. It is not OK to quote you a price, take a deposit, and then sell the van that was slated for you off to somebody who walks in and is willing to pay a higher price.

-centerdone

p.s. This board has been invaluable in my search for an Ody. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post.
  • kealiikealii Member Posts: 1
    Hi ya folks,

Picked up a 2001 Silver EX yesterday after a two month wait. Paid list + destination charge for it, so total was $26,840.

Thanks,
    Errol
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    You paid MSRP and 499 for the cassette deck. So, that makes dealers scum and cockroaches?

Your immature tyrade is boring.
  • dalcan118dalcan118 Member Posts: 1
    I am totally insulted ,not only am I a female sales person in the car industry for the last 12
    years, but I also have been employed in a Honda dealership in Vt,for the last three years.
    To group us altogether as scumbags is ignorant,
    and narrowminded. Do you think its the dealerships fault that there is none availible. We have one of the shortest waits and a no-pressure enviroment. We go out of our way to make our customers buying experience positive, I personally have not lied ,cheated or taken advantage of anybody, neither have any of my co-workers. You knew ahead of time the conditions that your dealership was selling the Odyssey under
    and you still purchased it. Nobody forced you!
    If this isn't sour grapes, what is it?
  • pricey2pricey2 Member Posts: 1
    I live near the US/Can. border and can conveniently jump to make a purchase abroad. Recently, upon discovering the US MSRP and checking a 'local' Canadian dealer and then checking the exchange rate I discovered I can save about $3000 US by purchasing new in Canada. I will only have to pay sales tax to my state (something I would have to do anyway), no Canadian sales tax (dealer will deliver vehicle to the border for pick up and complete necessary paper work), and since the vehicle is manufactured in Canada there is no duty charges at customs.

What information am I missing (if any)?

P.S. when checking US dealer prices I was told the dealer was doing the same thing (i.e., going to Canada to purchase 2 Ody's and bring them back to their US dealership and make them available for sale - the only change they are making is replacement of the speedometer head to read in more US-friendly Miles/Hr terms versus Kilo/Hr terms). The dealer seemed to be frustrated that they were missing out on sales and that the minimal quota of vehicles they were receiving from Hond were inadequate.

Any substantive evidence would be appreciated as to the value of making the purchase in Canada versus the US. Thank you everyone.
    Congratulations on your new vehicle Errol. I hope you have many carefree miles.

I'm thrilled with mine.

Sincerely,
    Eric

2001 TW EX - Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Bug Shield, Transmission Cooler, Wheel Well Liners, 7/100/$0 Honda Care
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    My understanding is that Honda Canada dealerships are not allowed to sell to US residents. You may want to verify this with a Honda Canada dealership to be absolutely certain.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • 1north1north Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my GG LX from Ganley Honda in Cleveland. I read about them on this board and they delivered on everything exactly as promised. What a refreshing change compared to the dealers in the Northern Virgina area. $640 under MSRP and about a month wait. Shawn Kipp is the sales rep I dealt with and his number is 800-342-8158. I highly recommend this dealership. Shawn was great and the deal was well worth the $84 Southwest Air flight from Baltimore to Cleveland and the 7 hour drive back. Very professional and no pressure to buy anything additional. Love the Honda - worth the wait.

Kevin
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Also keep in mind that the warranty on a Canadian Honda is not valid at US dealers unless the vehicle is first registered in Canada. If you live close enough to the border to do warranty work in Canada, this should not pose an issue.

Good Luck.
  • johng14johng14 Member Posts: 31
    How long does it take for a dealer to receive an auto from the date of production to the time it arrives at the dealer
    From the production date to actual delivery is 14-21 days here in Maryland. It could be slightly longer or slightly shorter, depending on optimum conditions or worst case (as this past snow is effecting us right now)

Hope this helps
  • johng14johng14 Member Posts: 31
    Do you know if Honda has a production plant in Ohio?? I'm being told by my dealer that the van is coming from Ohio.
    Your Odyssey is coming from Ontario Canada. Honda builds the Accord and Civic in Ohio, but Odysseys and Acura MDX's are built in Ontario.
  • malarchymalarchy Member Posts: 7
    See Frank Baldassare @ Bay Ridge Honda, Brooklyn New York!!

Been here since last Spring, have seen and heard it all before. Last January 9th, got the nerve to finally walk into the dealership, after much research and many conversations with local internet managers via E-mail and phone conversations, even a couple of the old face to face,"you can drive it home today for $2000 above MSRP", at several Jersey dealerships. Really needed to replace our '88 Chevy Celeb with tons of mileage on it, served us well but getting expensive lately needed new radiator, another $300, so last month we decided it was time, walked in to Bay Ridge Honda and spoke to Frank, stated MSRP +tax +tags $29,320, NY tax 8.25% killer. Didn't leave a deposit again, got cold feet , still continued my search. Contacted Frank several times via E-mail, "come leave a deposit 2-4 week wait", he told me last week,"if I had placed the order 1/9 I would have been driving by now." So on Saturday 2/24 we ventured in again for another face to face, gonna finally put our deposit down, and place the order, with 2 color choices Emerald or Granite Green and guess what we are picking our GG 01 EX on Wednesday. With no pressure and complete honesty. We added a package called Protection Package for $633, fender wheel trim, splash guards, wheel locks, roof rack crossbars, cargo tray, total $29,871. I am completely satisfied with the whole transaction and the level of professionalism with which it was handled by Frank. Give him a try maybe you'll be as lucky as us.

Just us 5 in Our New Granite Green 2001 Odyssey, my patience paid off!!!!
  • bhagimabhagima Member Posts: 2
    I called the dealer and he said that he actually gave you a discount of $540 off the MSRP for the car and a $100 discount for the cassette player?

Is this true? Pl. advise.

Thanks.
  • tedwilketedwilke Member Posts: 3
    I just put a deposit down on a EX with no nav in SS. I am paying $500 off with a $50 doc fee at Performance Honda through Hank Sykes. This was as good as I could find in Indiana and Western Ohio. Delivery will be March 28. Other dealers had them in stock but wanted more money. I also had discounts possible with Honda East (Cincy) as well as Tom Wood in Muncie, IN. It seems like $500 off is available at most of the dealers in the area, and allotments are plentiful. It's good to live in the Midwest sometimes.
    Ted
  • adresseladressel Member Posts: 2
    Eastern Washington couple are seeking any information on dealerships who are willing to sell the Odyssey Ex vans for MSRP.