Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here (retired discussion, please see the new one)

Comments

• wilcoxwilcox Member Posts: 582
    Ga Hwy 5 and I-20.

$1.84 cent.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    $1.90.9
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Drop to $1.99 on Sunday. Would have reported sooner, but the cable company tried to make a switch in their billing computer on Sat night and took out our acesss for over 36 hours!
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    I should've drove a few exits down. I paid $1.89 in Lithia Springs, GA today. THe asking price 15 miles down the road in Hiram was $1.96.
    Politics are becoming more liberal here in Georgia...all part of progress I guess.

With these lower gas prices, it's time to think about purchasing a late model SUV at deeply discounted sales price. I never have had enough money to think about one...but now that the prices is low...time to get a loan!

anonymous - do you drive a pickup truck like most Georgia residents do?
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    I just paid $2.18 for 87 octane in a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale, Coral Springs. This is the lowest I've seen near my house. The station a mile away was still at $2.24. Why the different prices at different stations? One was a Citgo and the other is a Chevron.
    I guess no one really has a complete handle on this gas situation, as the gas I bought this morning should be based on the price of crude back before it was formulated into useable gasoline...or am I missing something here. It seems like the price jumps so irratically (?) on gas already in the tanks. Don't really understand why the futures market has such an effect on the gas that I bought this morning.
    Does anyone truly know the answer, or is this one of those unanswerable questions that have many theories...but no one true, easy answer?
    Scratching my head down south here.
    Somebody please help me!!!!

The Sandman :confuse:
    " Scratching my head down south here.
    Somebody please help me!!!! "

Just what exactly are you trying to say sandman46?

If you are talking crude, then you know there are many types of crude.

Brentwood, Arabian light, North Sea salty, Mexican gold, Nigerian black, Iraqi red, Texas tea, :surprise: etc. And transportation costs make up a variable in price structure...

And there's a multitude of elasticity factors...all these formulate "futures markets" reactions.
    Today, $189.9
    No pickup here. I know what you mean though. Every time I go somewhere I end up getting caught behind a huge SUV/truck that thinks it owns the road. Atlanta in general seems obsessed with the "image" of driving an SUV/truck. I'm an oddity. I usually commute in a Civic or an Accord. Can't beat the 34 MPG with my 70 mile round-trip commute. Would never, ever, ever buy an Expedition/Surburban/Armada, etc.
  • jlawrence01jlawrence01 Member Posts: 1,757
    The most irritating part of all the SUVs is that most of them tint their windows very dark so it is harder to see what's ahead of you (traffic, Lights, etc.).
  • i_luv_toyotai_luv_toyota Member Posts: 350
    Mobil

87-$2.23
    89-$2.33
    93-$2.45

...and these prices actually have gone down from last week! I have no idea why this state (CT) charges an extra 2 cents for premium (12 cents more than 89)? It seems that way most places I've been to in this state.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Sunoco truck stop, Palisades Park NJ

87 - $2.039
    89 - $2.139
    93 - $2.219
    94 - $2.259
    diesel - $2.099

kcram - Pickups Host
    Our prices at the pump dropped to $1.95 for 87 on Friday morning before the Memorial Day weekend and have stayed there.

I really expected the holiday weekend bump!
    oil back around $55/bbl means my Sunoco is up from $2.099 for diesel to $2.179 :mad:

kcram - Pickups Host
    What a surprise. All the time the price of oil dropped, the prices at the pump crept down a couple of cents at a time. As soon as the directi9on changed, pump prices jumped 12 cents here to $2.09 for 87
  • jmacksan74jmacksan74 Member Posts: 2
    2.45/gallon 87
    $1.96.9 today
    Recent increase in the barrel price has been painful... paid $2.359 for diesel Monday, up almost 20 cents

kcram - Pickups Host
    $2.05.9 regular...went up 9 cents a gallon since 6/13
    Went up to $2.17 for 87 at the local Citgo station. This is getting very old. And don't understand the public's quiet attitude about these price changes. Guess people are used to it by now. Since I've been hurt and out of work, i do notice the difference in our gas bills. I only go out about 3 times a week now, and I last purchased gasoline the end of May. Still have at least a 1/2 tank, if not a little more.

The Sandman :sick:
    prices go from $2.04 Monday night to $2.01 Tuesday morning and back up to $2.09 when I left work at 9 PM. It does get old but at least I'm usually driving the Civic to work which gets good gas mileage.

As a side note, my husband recently considered trying to find a somewhat low-mileage 92-93 Accord EX. There were none to be found and the one's that we did find were $4000 for an LX with 150,000 miles on it. These prices seem to be up from the same time last year and supply is way down. Same story for a mid-late 90's Civic. Do the gas prices have anything to do with this?
    How many cars do you guys have now anyways? The wife is close to pulling the trigger on a 2005.5 V W Jetta Value Edition. We've always had Japanese cars but she's serious about the V W. I'm still very leary about this.
    Any encouraging words would help me.
    The Citgo went up $.02 overnight...what is going on? I know oil is about $60./barrel now, but give me a break here. Very confusing!

The Sandman :confuse:
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,146
    Oil prices rise, 9 times out of 10 gas responds immediately. Oil prices fall, gas prices fall much slower. Not kosher.

Those 90-93 Accords always seem to go for a lot, in good condition.
    four cars. The lease on the Odyssey will be up soon but we are going to try and be responsible adults and keep the Accord and Civic until at least 150,000 miles. Okay, 100,000 miles is more realistic. The 94 LS400 seems to be the one car that Gee will not part with. I don't understand that but he's a man and men aren't meant to be understood. :)

We test drove a 2005.5 Jetta last week and we liked the ride and the way the car drove. We were unimpressed by the 2.5L engine and the power. Gee thought it felt very tepid. On the plus side build quality seemed good and the safety scores have been good as well.

Our other issue with the Jetta was price. For the money of a 4 cylinder Jetta with a couple of options (roof, wheels, XM radio) I could easily get an EX-L Accord which is larger, has more power, will arguably be more reliable, and it drives almost as good, if not better, than the Jetta. For the price of a Jetta with premium options such as a sunroof, leather, climate control, etc I can get an Accord EX V6 or an Acura TSX. So overall the Jetta is an OK car if you just want a VW but I definitely think there are better cars out there for the money. Maybe you should try to convince her to wait for the new Civic and the Accord refresh. Maybe even talk her into a used premium car such as an Infiniti I35 or Lexus ES300.

That 90-93 Accord is a classic. Some companies could slightly modify that design and still sell them as a new car.
    My friend who had a fairly pristine 92 LX sedan he got to over 210K before he sold it for a new EX V6 coupe still regrets his move, as he sees it around town now and then still going strong. It sold within 48 hours, just put on a corner lot with a sign, no ads.
  • ghuletghulet Member Posts: 2,564
    Just put some gas into one of the guzzlers last night, most stations on the north side of Chicago are at about $2.499 for regular, some are up around $2.559. If you want 93, it's up to $2.75 some places. Putting ten bucks in the tank barely moves the needle at this point. :cry:
  • chrisducatichrisducati Member Posts: 394
    we have a twin tank pickup at the office. $96 bucks to fill. That will last about a week. I bet it gets replaced by a Sprinter van at some point in the near future.
    2.59 for premium in Bellevue WA...up 5 cents over a week ago. I'm pretty much used to these prices now.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    "I'm pretty much used to these prices now."...

Just how they want you to feel.

Only, who is they? OPEC? Chevron? BP? A consortium of middlemen cashing in on this?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• chrisducatichrisducati Member Posts: 394
    The In-Laws are paying about 8 bucks a gallon in England. We still have it easy.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    No wonder they love small rigs there in the UK. I wonder what the gas value to dollar-earned value ratio quotient works out on gas. I mean, I wonder if that 8 bucks a gallon takes up a similar amount of their average cash-earned per Brit as our $2.20/gal does with us Americans.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

....I mean, if that ratio (that is, their gas prices vs. income compared to U.S.), they'd be driving solo in Suburbans to the mini-mart, too, wouldn't they?
    I am driving a 2004 Explorer this weekend as I need to get this fleet vehicle into the dealership for some body repair on Tuesday. I feel like I am using a chainsaw to slice butter. A complete waste of money ...
  • remi11remi11 Member Posts: 4
    honestly I never pay attention to gas prices. I hate gas stations and driving around looking for the best so I just go anywhere. the prices do not concern me. I just go to the stations in my neighborhood that I am comfortable entering, closest to work, on the right side of the road, etc.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Here' we go UP again in northern California....regular is around $2.47-$2.57 and premium on the hunt for $3.
  • rockshocka1rockshocka1 Member Posts: 310
    Heard talk about a hike before the 4th weekend, but still available at 'only' 2.04 for regular. I agree with an earlier post, the powers that be want the price around 2 bucks a gallon, and now people are getting used to it, and will think it a bargain in a few months. UNLESS something else happens.....
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I'm not the only one in Bellevue?

Yep, going up AGAIN! :(
    Diesel up to $2.479... good thing MasterCard approved my credit line increase...

kcram - Pickups Host
    Yep, I'm in Bellevue now

Thanks to the 24 gallon tank in the 126, I haven't had to gas up for awhile...can't recall what it is here. I think I paid $2.55 or so for premium in the fintail over the weekend, in Bellingham.
    :surprise: Paid highest ever this morning. $2.35 premium 93.
    ......that's about ten cents cheaper than our (Chicago city, north side) 87 octane!! :cry:
    I paid $2.13 in the Chicago Suburbs ... at Sam's Club.
    Dig this...

$ 2.05 /gal. yesterday.

87 octane. US 431, Wedowee, Alabama. They are either behind the times or tapping the pipeline.

Never thought I'd ever be bragging about paying over $2 a gallon... :cry:
    The events in London seem to have been a convenient excuse this morning. As I drive into town at 8:15 AM prices were at $2.19. When I returned at noon, they had jumped to $2.25
    No, it is legitimate market forces at work! Really! Wink, nod

Let's see how oil company profits fare this year
    I would REALLY like to understand the mechanics of pricing at the pumps. And there's nothing that I can find anywhere that lays it out. I'm certain of what it's NOT... it's not a case where a delivery of product comes in at a price and the price might change with the next delivery. I've seen prices change up and down in the same day, so something else is taking place.

I'm just completely lost as to what it is.
  • i_luv_toyotai_luv_toyota Member Posts: 350
    $2.22/gal at a Citgo, yet $2.35 at a Shell and $2.39 at a Mobil, amazing the difference crossing town lines (Newington to Hartford in this case) makes, isn't it? Citgo was always cheaper than the rest, but usually only by about 2 or 3 cents. This is beyond ridiculous!

We pay the highest gas tax in the country, which supposedly goes to fix our roads which, surprisingly, still look like crap.
    I still love how price rises are sharp and immediate...but declines are so slow, taking weeks or months. That's what gets me.
    Sam's Club is usually the last to raise prices ... and the last to lower them. So when bad news hits, I head there for gas. When prices start to drop, I look elsewhere ...
    There's a "truck plaza" near here on I-80 that seems to run their fuel as a "loss leader" a week ago they were still selling 87 for $1.98. They have it at $2.09 as of this morning. I don't head out that way very often, but I always wait to fuel up there when I'm off in that direction. Here's a link to their fuel pricing at various locations around the country:

http://www.flyingj.com/fuel/gasoline_CF.cfm

PF Flyer
    Host
    News & Views, Wagons, & Hybrid Vehicles

The Subaru Crew Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
This discussion has been closed.