Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Sedan

Comments

• saablover2saablover2 Member Posts: 10
    oo but saab is sharing with subaru and the chevy malabu...
    i dont think the last 9-3 hatchback was weird
  • regfootballregfootball Member Posts: 2,166
    "The only thing with Gm in full onwership is they might get some ideas of putting caddy parts into our saabs.."

Look at the Caddy CTS steering wheel and look at the 9-3 steering wheel....the sharing may already be happening.
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    The 9-5 is pretty nice, but I was never a a fan of the old 9-3. The new 9-3 is a great car and who cares about the platform it's sitting on so long as it's a good one. You said the "new 9-3 vector is definitely not saab i know saab feel".. all I can say is thank God.
    what do you mean thank god the vector doesn't feel like saab--- u didn't like the past saab 9-3 well saab people are people who dont care how they look...they have the money and dont want to spend it on a car but like driving a nice comfortable car... That what saab people are i think. Now what kind of car did you have you bought a saab
    omg the caddy steering wheel and the saab steering wheel look just alike at least it isn't tech or manchanic
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Member Posts: 1,203
    I've compared the CTS and the 9-3(they are currently tying top spot on my "next new car" list) and the steering wheels are quite different. I don't see too many interchangeable parts between the two. Speaking of those two cars, I got a letter from GM promoting their 24 hour test drive. Anyone else get one or know about this? Basically, you get to test drive the car for 24 hours. As their letter says, drive it to work, park it in your driveway overnight, go about your normal routine with it. Pretty much all GM cars(including Saab, Hummer, and Saturn) are included with the exception of the Corvette and the H1 Hummer. This is very tempting to me as I could just see myself doing the 9-3 for 24 hours then the CTS the following 24 hours. Anyone know if the $3000 discount on Arcs is still going on?
    is anyone here
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    It's not like Saab hasn't been sharing components with GM Europe since the early ninties. The last generation Saab 9-3 shared it's body with the Opel/Vauxhall Vectra, just as the 9-5 with it's brothers Opel/Vauxhall Omega, Cadillac Catera, Saturn L series. GM is cutting down on cost the way other automakers are. Stretching platforms. As for parts sharing, Cadillac and Saab do dip into the same parts bin for some components (steering wheel between the CTS and 9-3 are the same). Is this bad? No. Honda has done this for several generations. It just means lower cost.
    yes i guess i understand but i liked saab better when they were more indepentent thats all...
    oo by the way turbo lag is somthing that i do not experice when im driving my vector but if you have a liner with the small turbo thats what it could very well be.. O and today i turned the vector over and the engine and the charging light was off and i took it for a spin on the hwy and maxed the car out at 160 with manu-matic-- i wonder what it can do without the gov im guessing 170 to 180 because i was already in 5th
    someone whould post a pic of the two steering wheels side by side along with a pic of the saturn vue redline steering wheel. Definite parts sharing going on. The CTS wheel has some addtional buttons. Most obvious clue is the offset of the bottom spoke away from the bottom of the steering wheel itself.
  • f650racerf650racer Member Posts: 16
    Here's the promised report: I pickeed up a pair of leftover Pioneer speakers, 3-ways, and they fit pretty easily and screwed into the existing holes in the rear package deck without any surgery (tho about 40% of the speaker surface is covered by the heavy package shelf material).

Wiring? Not sure this is optimum, but I simply spliced into the wires that go to the small, round speakers that now live between the 6 x 9s. Total labor was about 2 hours, most of which was trying to figure out which wires were positive and which were negative. Finally, I had to snap off one tab from each speaker cover (Saab covers already on rear deck) to keep the tabs from penetrating the mid-range speaker material. This still left about 4-5 other tabs per cover that snap the cover into place, and they're still plenty secure (and don't buzz).

REsult? I'd say it was worth the $63 plus my labor. The system now has noticable, high quality sound coming from the rear, and I now have the fade set near the middle detent (whereas before, I biased heavily towards the front). I had hoped for more bass, and the best bass notes still come from the fronts.

Subwoofer? Wonder if there's enough power left?

Bottom line? Maybe a 25% improvement in overall sound.
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend you, but I was never a fan of the old 9-3. I'm happy to see the new one and if GM had their hand in it a little, so be it. It's a great little sport sedan now.
  • kopfschuhkopfschuh Member Posts: 11
    hello to all. I'm currently planning on purchasing a vector within the next few months. Does anyone know what dealer incentives are likely to look like for may, or am I wrong in thinking they change from month to month? thanks in advance.
  • tgp1810tgp1810 Member Posts: 112
    Here is the pictures of the CTS and 9-3 wheels:

I've also posted it here http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tgp1810/wheels.png
    and an updated price listing for Employee/Supplier discounts (it's as of 1/1 though it is out of date again, as the increase in the Arc price, the increase in the auto transmission, and others are not reflected).

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tgp1810/saabprices
    (you will have to download and open with Word)

Also, just curious if anyone has heard anything along the lines of lease support for the Arc yet...
  • jay108jay108 Member Posts: 52
    When I was out shopping, 9-3s were hard to get with normal option packages and nice paint. The one I test drove was sort of an army green and didn't have a sun roof. I didn't care for the cup holders. The dealer here sells out the best ones in 2-3 days once they hit the lot; he deals good too.
    Everything else was great about the 9-3 and I highly recommend buying one over much of the competition; my opinion is free.

The salesman told me a story about how some ship sank with 600 new 9-3 on it recently. He then told me how concerned Saab was about any enviro damages caused by the sunk ship; his story made me want to barf.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    The story of the sinking ship is true. It's still sitting in the middle of the English Channel loaded with BMW's and Volvos as well:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/12/15/channel.wreck/index.ht- ml

It's been hit a couple of times since it sank. A friend in the UK has told me it's becoming a bit of joke. The Channel isn't that deep and the Tricolor is really only a few feet under water and surronded by emergency vessels.
    i dont know but they said my vector was loaded but i did not get a nav system i dont know if that was an opition but i saw the nav system on-line and in books i dont know....please reply...
    As tgp1810 has done an amazing job in showing, GM is sharing components but differentiating them enough so it doesn't look blatent (like some of the American counterparts). Cadillac is focusing on angular design, Saab on the other hand is focusing on smooth surfaces with ovals. The moonroof is another area you can see similiarities. Folks, remember Saab is being assisted by GM Europe not GM North America. Two totally different creatures.

dindak- agreed. Saab is closer now than ever to challenge vehicles such as the Audi A4 and the BMW 325 and 330. I would be interested to see what the 9-2 has to offer.

Anyone heard anything more about the 9-3X?
  • mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    i dont know but they said my vector was loaded but i did not get a nav system i dont know if that was an opition but i saw the nav system on-line and in books i dont know....please reply... <<

Nav system is not in the US models

Can I ask a question?

Why would you buy a 35K car when you don't seem to know much about it, don't enjoy driving it, and drive another Saab more often?

Just wondering...
  • code7700code7700 Member Posts: 65
    Well, my 9-3 is in the shop again (still trying to fix my lock issue about about 10 other minor things). Lucky the local dealer (or maybe it is a Saab policy) gave me a loaner car (2003 9-3 convertable... too bad it is raining here today) which helps. On a tangent, (and I'm sure some of you will yell at me) no wonder I never looked at Saab before the 2003 9-3L. The look and feel of the old style Saabs (remember, the 2003 9-3 convertable is the old design) just isn't for me... from the radio to the AC, and from the dashboard to the parking brake.

I say local dealer, because the local guy is 1-mile from my house, vs. the dealer I got the car from, which is 25-miles away. As you recall from my post way long ago, the local dealer's sales people were unprofessional. At least the local dealer's service group is nice, which, ironically, isn't true for the place I got the car from. Odd, eh?

Anyhow, I'm still a bit concerned about some of the first year issues. As I said, Saab USA wasn't really helpful other than saying, "talk to the dealer". They're (the dealer) fixing everything (nothing major, just a bunch of annoying stuff)... and not giving me flack about it, which is nice... Maybe it is just the I-am-mad-my-car-is-in-the-shop voice talking, but I guess that is what you get with a new model.

Overall, great car. For as little as I paid for it (even with tax, under $30K) I guess I shouldn't complain.

I saw the new Maxima today, man-o-man am I glad I didn't wait for that pig.
    You and me both on the 04 Maxima. I never really liked the rear end of the outgoing model, but it is a beauty compared to the new one. Hate to hear your having problems with the Saab. Keep us posted on how well the dealer is at fixing them. My beef with my Olds has not necessarily been the problems I've had, but the fact that the dealers cannot(or will not) fix them on the first visit. And my loaners are no where near as nice as yours:) When I test drove a 9-3 a few weeks ago(while the Olds was in the shop) I asked the salesman about what they loan out when a car is in the shop and he said I would get a Saab(probably a convertible) or a Cadillac(they are also a Caddy dealer) and all of their loaners have less than 10,000 miles as they take them out of rotation at that point. That impressed me as the nicest loaner I've gotten from Olds was a Buick Century from Enterprise once because all of the dealer's loaners were out.
    Back of the new Maxima looks like a Saturn ION. Look closely and you will see.
  • trencher7trencher7 Member Posts: 48
    The new Maxima has the ugliest grill. Looks like it's got a huge buck tooth with that Nissan wedge. What were they thinking?? The back isn't that bad. It even looks better than the new rear for the 2004 BMW 5 series. That think looks like a Kia.
  • txtomtxtom Member Posts: 1
    I would be curious to know anyones experience with Sewell Saab in DFW. They are the only Saab dealer in the metroplex. 1) Do they heavily discount? At the dallas car show, the salesman told me the 9-3s could be had for 21-22k (2003 model/non-demo) 2) also the service offered, picking up your car and providing a loaner then, in most cases seemed too good to be true. Since they are the only dealer in the area, i'm buying that dealer almost more than the car. any experiences with them would be appreciated. thanks.
    -I would be curious to know anyones experience with Sewell Saab in DFW. They are the only Saab dealer in the metroplex. 1) Do they heavily discount? At the dallas car show, the salesman told me the 9-3s could be had for 21-22k (2003 model/non-demo)

I've bought both of my Saabs from Sewell. They will deal. Actually, I have helped a few folks on the East coast get cars through Sewell here in Dallas (dealers in the East usually are more stingy with rebate sharing). Who is your salesperson?

2) also the service offered, picking up your car and providing a loaner then, in most cases seemed too good to be true.

-They come through for you. As long as you make a reservation about a week in advance, a Saab will be waiting for you. Any earlier, you'll probably get something else. Pick-up is something new. I've personally never done it. When you pick up the car, it is washed and vacuumed.

-As for being the only dealer, they do a good job. Sewell bought out the Saab dealership here in Dallas back in 1999, San Antonio and New Orleans. As for service advisors, George Munn (manager) does a good job. I had my car in for steering alignment problems and he came up to the office to make sure it was fixed right on his day off. Not bad!
  • dbozmandbozman Member Posts: 23
    Had my 9-3 Linear for nearly three months now. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this car and am happy I bought it compared to what I was shopping it against (BMW 3, A4, Passat, Mazda 6).

Anyway, leased the car from Lund Saab in North Phoenix and it was a pleasant experience I detailed here previously. Couple weeks ago, had my first mechanical issue. Went to start the car in the morning at my g/f's house and a message light flashed saying I had a brake failure and to park safely and call Saab.

I ended up driving the car home and it felt fine, but drove my motorcycle on to work and called from there. Between my dealer and Saab, they sent a tow truck to my home to pick up the car. The dealer diagnosed the problem as a bad ABS module the next morning and had another new 9-3 Linear delivered to my home that afternoon. Only difference was the loaner was an auto and didn't have Xenons or climate control.

My car was delivered back to me about six days later (counting the weekend) good as new.

While I don't enjoy having even the mildest of mechanical failures, I must say Saab's customer service was exemplary and definitely made a positive impression on me.

Oh yeah, they updated my stereo software at the same time and it seems slightly better, but still not great.
    Dion
    I have heard a few people say they get rattles with their new 9-3. I want to know how many have/have not had issues with this. Also if this is covered under the warranty or not. I would hate to have a rattle problem and the service guys tell me "tough luck".
  • kyh2kyh2 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 9-3 Linear with about 1,900 miles on it. I have this problem where when I go over slightly bumpy roads, my ESP light turns on (which means that the ESP was turned off), and the engine putters for a few seconds and then the car stalls. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!
  • needashaveneedashave Member Posts: 91
    I have had nothing but enjoyable times in my 9-3 over the first 2000 miles. Factory related problems typically rear themselves during the first 30 days. My 9-3 has performed flawlessly, and the gas mileage continues to improve! I shopped BMW and Audi and this remains the best choice, hands down. Happy motoring. L
    I've read reviews whose sole complaint with the 9-3 is a rather sloppy 6-speed transmission. While I realise it's perhaps not the quality of a BMW transmission, what do you think of it? Does anyone know if saab offers a short-throw shifter, or should I shop elsewhere for such a thing? Thanks.
  • code7700code7700 Member Posts: 65
    The dealers always have a hard time finding rattles. Why? Because you drive the car all the time and know your car. What you have in the car [change, phone, etc.] can change the normal sound. They don't know what normal for you is.

Like I said, I've got an annoying rattle or two which the dealer said they can't find (they drove my car for 30 minutes the other day) and said they heard some, but couldn't pin-point it. They invited me to go out for a drive with them (I drive, they look). So next time I have time, I'll do it.

At least they are trying.
    Funny I heard how great BMW trannies are. My friend has a 2000 330i and already the tranny needs relpacing as well as the control unit.
  • ynkeewcynkeewc Member Posts: 1
    I've read numerous posts involving various software fixes or programming changes performed by the dealer to change such things as: lock/unlock automatically, sunroof and windows lowered by remote, headlight off capability, radio update, etc. Where do I find these possible
    changes. I asked my service advisor about software updates and he said they only had to change some codes. subsequently, they were only able to do one out of three requests. I don't think they know what they are doing. Any help? Also, 1200 miles on my 9-3L and have had 2 check engine light problems and car dying on one occasion
                           Thanks
  • wr7rwr7r Member Posts: 6
    I have been dealing with the people at Sewell. The sells lady there that I have been talking to has been very knowledgable about the car. Her name was Ann Marie Guthrie. I have not bought a car because I still have not made a decision on the type of car(BMW, Audi, etc). She let me take the car for a 24 hour period before GM started doing the new thing.
    Saab has been doing the 24 hour test drive for a long time. That is how they got the saying, "Most people who test drive a Saab usually buy one" (or something like that). The key is to get you into the car and see how it fits. That's how they get you to buy...I know, that's how I ended up owning one. Ann is great. Are there any other cars you are looking at? During my 24 hour drive, I took mine by the Volvo dealer to compare cars. Freaked the Volvo salesguy out! Ann is a good salesperson. Tell her that Glenn said "howdy" if you see her...
  • blitzin1blitzin1 Member Posts: 53
    Some of them can be found on the last page of the quick reference card that came with the car. There is also a thread over at saabcentral called "i25" in which some good guy listed everything your dealer can change with Tech II, which is literally 100's of things- autolock at drive off, DRL's, height of auto-leveling height for xenons, behavior of trunk lock, customizing remote, etc.

My dealer just had a "get to know" session for new buyers to meet all the service guys and to go over the car (excellent idea, BTW), and we played with the Tech II for an hour or so- I got everything I wanted done, except comfort close, which seems to be hardware limited for the time being (has anyone got this to work?), at least in the US. BTW, per the tips on this board, I got my DRL's off, but with foglights still working- the trick is after turning the DRL's off, the dealer must go into the "front fog lights" menu item, and select "positions 1 & 2 (Special)" This tells the car to use Euro spec, not US, so the fog lights work.
  • glutz1glutz1 Member Posts: 20
    I've seen lots of threads on code changes that the dealers can make to a 2003 Linear, but I have been unable to find the entire list. Could someone please repeat the list in this thread so that I can attempt to guide my dealer.

Also, I have seen various references to upgrades to the 150W stereo system, including indications of a Tech II driven software change, and the replacement of the rear speakers w/aftermarket 6X9" speakers. Short of replacing the system, what (inexpensive) changes has anyone found that actually work ?
    Is Tech II the new software update? Can someone post the link with all it can do?
  • garymfcgarymfc Member Posts: 5
    03 9-3 SS Programming Options

Adjustment Item Options / Feature Customer Benefit

SIDC Profiler Profiler Adjustments (User Prog.)
    Rain Sensor Sensitivity of Rain Sensor can be adjusted Rain Sensor High: The wipers will operate when there is a small amount of rain on windscreen.
    Rain Sensor Medium: Default Setting of Rain Sensor
    Rain Sensor Low: Wipers will operate when there is a greater amount of rain on the windscreen as compared to High & Medium settings.
    Theft Alarm
    (Aero only, or accessory fit) Full theft Alarm

Door Alarm Only Full Theft Alarm: Default Setting Provides full theft alarm security. including Interior Movement, Vehicle Tilt, Door/Bonnet /Boot opening detection.
    Door Alarm Only: Enables customer to select Door Alarm activation only when pet is in the vehicle, vehicle transported on a ferry, or during adverse weather conditions which may trigger alarm..
    Climate Control
    Rear Defroster

Heated Seats Auto

Manual

Auto

Manual

Auto: Default Setting that provides automatic selection of Rear Window and Door Mirror demist, based on ambient temperature.
    Manual: To activate Defroster, Driver will need to press the Rear Window Defrost Button
    Auto: Seat Heating will be switched on automatically when the ambient temperature is below 15o c and the seat temperature is below 20 o c (defaults to temperature level 2, driver can adjust to level 1or 3 which will be saved)
    Manual : Default Setting. The Driver presses the Seat Heating switch and adjusts the seat heating to the required Temperature Setting 3= approx 56 oc Setting 2 = 46 o c Setting 1= 39oc

Fan Setting High Speed

Medium Speed
    Low Speed
    High Speed: ACC will adjust the fan speed according to the conditions however, this setting will provide the driver with slightly higher fan speeds than Medium & Low
    Medium Speed: Default Setting ACC will adjust the fan speed according to the conditions.
    Low Speed: ACC will adjust the Fan Speed according to the conditions, however, Fan speed will be slightly lower than if fan speed High or Medium was selected..
    Air Distribution Auto

Manual Auto : Default Setting. Automatically directs the Air Outlet to the Windscreen, Air Vents Face or Floor dependant on ambient temperature and setting.
    Manual: Provides the Driver with the option of selecting the appropriate Air Outlet
    AC Mode Auto
    AC Off Auto: Default Setting Automatic engagement and disengagement of Air Conditioning Compressor.
    AC Off: Turns the Air Conditioning Compressor off to save Fuel. In this mode no cooling or dehumidifying is available and the windscreen may fog up. Pressing the Auto or AC button (above 5 oc) will reactivate compressor. However, the AC compressor will be remain off the next time the vehicle is started.
    Dual Single Zone Dual Zone

Single Zone
    Dual Zone : Default Setting Provides for the setting of individual temperatures between Driver & Passenger zones.
    Single Zone: Adjustment of the Driver&#146;s temperature will also adjust the passenger&#146;s temperature, however if the passenger temperature is altered the system will revert to Dual zone until the vehicle is switched off. On restarting the vehicle, single zone will result.
    Climate Control Default Setting Yes / No Allows the driver to quickly reset all adjusted ACC parameters to the original default settings
    Currently when Default is selected Customise will still appear on ACC Display. This can be removed from the display by selecting Heated Seats Manual
    System Setting Language
    Units
    Speed Scale illumination
    Service Information Select Appropriate Language
    Select Metric or Imperial
    When Night Panel is selected 0-140 or 0- 260 illumination can be selected.
    Service Data detailing Oil Quality and Time for Service can be viewed.
    Tech 2 Adjustments Menu Item:
    Most Common Adjustments
    Panic Alarm Enable
    Disable Enables the Panic Alarm
    Disables the Panic Alarm
    Trunk Unlock Single Press Unlock Only
    Single Press Unlock + Open
    Single Press unlock Double Press Open Single press of the remote or door switch will unlock boot
    Single press of the remote or door switch will unlock and open boot
    Single press of the remote or door switch will unlock double press will unlock and open boot.
    Trunk Lock After Closing Yes
    No Yes: Automatically lock Boot on closing
    No: Boot can be reopened using micro switch button located on the trunk/boot
    Trunk Lock After Drive Off Yes
    No Yes: Trunk/Boot will automatically lock when vehicle increases speed
    No:. Trunk/Boot will remain closed, however will be in the unlocked condition if No was selected in the previous option.
    Door & Trunk Unlock at Key Out Yes

No Yes: All Doors & Trunk/Boot will Unlock when the Key is removed from the Ignition Switch
    If Driver frequently locked all Doors when driving this feature would be beneficial.
    No: Doors and Boot will remain in the same condition as they were prior to Key removal
    TSL Locking Logic
    (Theft Security Locking/Deadlock) TSL at First Press
    TSL at Second Press Driver Preference. Normal Locking or Dead Locking at first Press of Remote
    TSL at firs Press: Default Setting. All Doors will lock in Deadlock Mode
    TSL: at Second Press: All Doors will lock in Deadlock mode at the second press of the Remote.
    Lock /Unlock Acknowledge None or Indicators Current vehicles fitted without Alarm can only option indicators only.

Follow Me Home
    Tail Light
    Back Up Light Tail or Reverse lights can be selected when Follow Me Home is activated
    Tail Light: When selected Tail Lights will be illuminated
    Back Up Light: When Selected Reverse Light will be activated
    Tech 2 Body Exterior Lighting & Horn
    High Beam Follow me home Active Time
    Follow Me Home Follow me home Active Time can be adjusted between 0- 10 minutes
    This Feature can be turned on or Off .Yes / No can be selected
    Low Beam Automatic Low Beam also in Position 0
    Yes / No
    Follow Me Home Active Time Daytime Driving Lights can be activated

0 &#150; 10 Min Can be selected
    Parking Lights Lead Me To the Car Light
    Type of Rear Light
    Park Light On Reminder
    Function can be turned off or On Yes /No
    Tail Light or Reverse Lights can be selected when Follow me Home is activated.
    If Ignition is turned Off and the parking lights are active, Driver will be warned.
    Turn Indicator Left None
    Turn Indicator This function is limited to vehicles fitted with Alarm system.
    On vehicles without alarm options Current software will allow option None or Indicator only
    Turn Indicator Right Same as Indicator left
    Back Up Light Type of Rear Light during follow Me Home Function is Active Tail Light can be selected
    Reverse Light can be selected
    Trailer Light Show Trailer Light Outage Yes:: REC will detect blown trailer light and display on SID
    No REC will not detect blown trailer light.
    Trailer Light Fog Light Rear will be disabled When Trailer is connected Yes
    No
    Horn Lock Unlock
    so anyone know anything about a short throw shifter for the 9-3, or is it not really necessary?
  • kretch41kretch41 Member Posts: 13
    kopfschuh,
    I got a Vector 6sp at the beginning of April. I really have no complaints about the shifter. That being said, my last car was a 97 Jetta GLX.
    Thanks for that info. If I do a 9-3, I would like to get the auto-lock and unlock feature activated as my past three cars have had this feature. I also like the delay on the lights out(follow me home). Speaking of 9-3s, local dealer has 3 Arcs as well as a Vector in stock. One of the Arcs is Cosmic blue with a sunroof, heated seats, and automatic. One of the other Arcs is a 6 speed! If the rains(and tornados) would stay away for the weekend, I may have to give the GM 24 hour test drive a whirl. I guess if you take the test drive on a Saturday and the dealer is closed on Sunday if you get a 48 hour test drive:) Unless they have changed recently, this dealership is closed on Sundays.
  • novicecarguy1novicecarguy1 Member Posts: 6
    I'm new to the Saab product line. I recently purchased a 9-3 Linear, which I love. Except for
    the stereo. I've seen a few posts regarding upgrading the rear speakers. I contacted Saab and
    here was there response:
     "The audio system now uses fiber optics, so standard speakers will not work. However, there is currently a software upgrade for the audio system which will improve the base response of the rear speakers. Does your vehicle already have the OnStar installed? If not, the upgrade will be performed when the system is installed, which should be within the month. If it is already installed, please check with your dealer to see if you have the latest version of the audio software.

Later this summer we will also have a hardware upgrade for the system that will include an additional amplifier and 6 speakers, which will bring the system to 300 watts and 13 speakers. I do not have a date or price on this upgrade at this time."

Has anyone attempted this upgrade and how did it turn out? Thanks.
    these car companies with their proprietary systems really - me off.
  • needashaveneedashave Member Posts: 91
    I give Saab credit for taking some ownership of the problem. Anyone hear if they have release an software upgrade for the 300watt stereo?
    'ownership' of a problem to find another way to make the customer pay again for a stereo?

Why is it so - tough for car makers to put a - DIN slot radio in the dash with standard connectors and typical wiring if your factory setup is gonna suck?
  • sa93absa93ab Member Posts: 5
    I have an '03 Vector. More times than not and with nothing on the passenger side seat, the passenger seat belt warning is on. I checked and there doesn't seem to be anything except the leather of the seat in front of the sensor.

Any tips to correct this?
  • bentlightbentlight Member Posts: 7
    I have an '03 Vector also with the same problem. During the 1000 mile check-up, the dealer told me that they did not see a problem with the seat sensor. They told me that I could not sit anything in the seat, if I didn't want the passenger seatbelt light to come on. They tested it out and the light came on when there was something in the seat, but turned off when they removed the object. This has not always been the case for me. It does come on and stay on when there is nothing in the seat. Once it was off, but came on when I hit a bump. I wasn't completely happy with their answer, because I think I should be able to place items in the seat without this hassle.

I am still wondering if anyone has seen a difference in which the turbo behaves. I test drove another Vector before I bought mine and they both drove the same way. Right before you shift up, the turbo redlines slightly and you get a strong surge of power. I don't see that anymore. I guess you could say it's a smoother transition now with a little less power. The dealer said there wasn't anything wrong.

The dealer also told me I couldn't alter the DRL, which I know isn't true. This dealer just started selling Saabs and their technician hasn't been certified yet, so I'm afraid they are unaware of some of these modifications, but more importantly their possible inability to recognize problems. I will be relying heavily on this board to recognize problems myself, so that I can intelligently present them to the service manager.