Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Sedan

Comments

• goodstargoodstar Member Posts: 27
    What was the problem? Would the car turn over and just not start? I posted a problem a couple of weeks ago with our 2001 9 3 not turning over from time to time. I have detected it is the neutral position switch.
  • eaholmaeaholma Member Posts: 2
    I have been leasing my 2003 9-3 for almost 3 years now. I love this car - I have always driven GMs - but why are there so few dealerships for SAABS? I leased this car when I was in college and went "home" to see my parents in Southern Missouri, so the trip to Springfield was easy. Since then, I've moved to Little Rock to take a job and have had to drive 2-hours to the closest dealer (Memphis) for every service. Making things worse, the past year I haven't gone one month without something going wrong with my SAAB - parking break sticking on, window malfunctioning...everything to the car just not starting! And when something disables my car, I have to have it towed to Memphis, which my warranty pays for, but then I have to somehow retrieve my car...it's a huge pain. I still tell everyone SAABs are the best - my brother even bought one - but driving 400 miles to the dealer every couple of months is sure hindering my lease miles...

I sure do love this car, but I've been considering ending my lease early because of all the problems that have to be taken care of at the dealer. It's also going to keep me from getting a new one at the end of my lease, which I had planned to do until now. Am I the only one with what seems to be somewhat of a lemon?? My complaint letter to customer service hasn't been responded too, and that is also frustrating! :cry:
  • eaholmaeaholma Member Posts: 2
    I have had multiple problems with my 2003 9-3 within the last year. I thought I had a lemon - maybe it's just the year model. Everytime I take my car in they say "we have seen this a lot"

My complaint letter to Saab hasn't been answered...maybe they have too many to fix! :lemon:
  • jworthingtonjworthington Member Posts: 42
    Goodstar,
    The car wouldn't do a thing. I heard a click when I turned the key but that was it. Like I said, all electrical items still worked perfectly.
    Neutral switch? What is that? I even stood on the clutch just to make sure I was pushing down hard enough on the clutch when I turned the key.
    When the dealership is done with it, I will post what it was. Of course, I hope they fix the airbag light (blinking) as well.

Jeff
  • carpet321carpet321 Member Posts: 8
    I am in the same boat (pun intended) as many of you. I leased my Saab 9-3 linear in feb 2003 and my lease is coming to an end. In fact, I'm returning my car today - I'm leaving for the dealership within the hour. I really liked this car, it is immensely comfortable, it's great for road trip, performance is quite good especially the handling, and it has a magnificent upscale look and feel to it. Interior is OK, although the dash is a little bland, but it's still a very driver oriented cockpit.
    The reason I'm returning it and not leasing another one or buying it is because of its unreliablity, including quite often trips to the dealerships, and also the dreaded car doen't start because the clutch is disengaged syndrome (but it always starts after a few tries of releasing and reapplying the clutch).
    I will be missing this car and returning it will mixed emotions - if only the sound system was better, interior had more aluminum and other luxury touches, and most of all if it was reliable and not so expensive to maintain, I would have kept it for a long long time. Oh well
  • cgs1238cgs1238 Member Posts: 11
    You guys are starting to scare me off. I have been debating between the 2006 9-3 Aero Convertible and the 2006 BMW 530. I know they are very different cars but I like both of them.
    It sounds like the 03 Saabs have had some reliability issues. I would be interested in knowing if these problems have been resolved with the newer models.
    Last week I was leaning toward the SAAB now I'm leaning toward the BMW...
  • fordexp1fordexp1 Member Posts: 14
    The 2003 and 2004 Saab 9-3's had tons of problems, so the dealership told me.

I purchased an 06 9-3 2.0T have close to 2000 miles on it with no problems at all. This car is amazing and so fun to drive. Realiabilty isn't an issue so far.
    Jeff,

Sorry, I did not realize your car was a standard shift. The neutral position switch is on automatics and basically ensures the car is in park or neutral before it starts. Our car has been acting just like yours but I do not think you have one, may be a switch that requires the clutch to be depressed before it will start. That could be bad?
    I just purchased the neutral position switch for our 2001 and will install this weekend. Hope this resolves the problems. My daughter is driving the car and it has not started a couple of time when she was out.

RGB
  • stlcarguystlcarguy Member Posts: 30
    Has anyone heard any buzz as to what's coming for '07? I'm seriously considering an 06, but would hate to see any major changes in 07 leaving my car looking outdated after just a matter of months.

Thanks!
  • speedingticketspeedingticket Member Posts: 33
    I've been looking at an '06 9-3 Sportcombi and after seeing the seemingly infinite amount of negative feedback, I am also thinking twice! I am familiar with the ride and handling of SAAB and from that perspective, there are no issues. What bothers me is what happens in a year or two. Will the car literally fall apart? I may have to pass on SAAB until they have proven they have cleaned up their act in terms of reliability. Sorry, I like the car but that many people can't be wrong....
    Today, when I was returning my leased 2003 Saab 9-3 Linear, I had a chance to test drive the new 2006 9-3 Aero, which comes with a 250 hp turbocharged V6. OMG !!!!!! This car is wonderful, it has enormous amount of power, the seats are even better than in my linear (if that's at all possible), and it has a lot of small things which were missing on my 03 linear like auto-climate, xenon light, dual power seats, chrome and aluminum accents, rear lip spoiler, 17" wheels, 6 speed manual transmission and upgraded audio (although the sound still wasn't that great). It got it all. Interior was more quiet too. I really want to believe that reliability has improved because I'm now considering getting this car. Especially for Saab enthusiasts this car is a dream come true.
  • schoupschoup Member Posts: 22
    I think you should remember that '03 was the first year of the sports sedan from the old hatchback for Saab. If you really scan the board I think that particular model year had more problems than usual. I think it has improved for '04 and '05. I bought a '05 9-3 Aero leftover at the beginning of this year ...it's fully loaded and I have had no problems in my first 4K miles. Having worked in the auto industry as an engineer I wouldn't buy any car GM, BMW, Audi, any manufacturer the first year of a major redesign. Things are often coming together at the last minute right before production starts and problems are inevitable. The stories I could tell about last minute fixes, redesigns, and production shut down on new model redesigns.
  • gormerodgormerod Member Posts: 19
    I agree with schoup. I purchased an '05 Arc in June, which just reached the 10,000 mile point this week. Absolutely no problems to date. The car is less than one year old, but so far so good. It also handled great in snow this year!
    Yeah, even consumer reports reliability ratings for the 05 9-3 have improved, but of course that's still early. I think that Saab probably did address many of the issues with the 03 and 04 models, in fact I'm sure of it after driving the 06 aero which basically fixes all the issues I had with my 03 linear: not enough power (aero has more than enough), no visible exhaust (dual chrome exhaust on 06 aero), lacking sound (much better 300W 13 speaker in the 06 aero), interior a bit too understated (nice aluminum/wood touches in the new 06 aero). Also the new aero has xenons and 17" wheels, so as far as specs and equipment it is way up there with the best sport sedans (IS350, G35, A4 V6, 330i).

But don't get me wrong, during my years with the Saab I did like a lot of things about it, mostly the handling, look, and comfort. That's why I'm considering the new aero. And the current lease rates seem pretty good - 27 month/10K year with residual of 70% and APR of less 4% - is that good or what ?

I would buy this car (instead of leasing) if not for the lingering question about reliability, and the unknown new V6 from GM global engine platform.
    I spoke with the dealership today and they were, ironically, driving my car at the same time.

I am waiting on an email with the final results, but from what they say, I had a bad cell in my battery. This, then, did not allow the car to get enough power to start the engine but did have enough to operate the electronics.

The blinking airbag light was the code that meant it was not receiving enough power. I hope that meant that they airbag would still inflate!

Now, why couldn't I jump the car after attempting that? I still don't know. Once the dealership calls or emails me back, I should have the final diagnosis.

Jeff
  • schoupschoup Member Posts: 22
    I agree, Saab has made alot of improvements in the '06 styling compared to previous years. My two complaints are that, 1)the hands free phone hook up should be ready to use and better integrated like it is in european models. 2)I would like alittle more brushed alumnum styling with the dash...I think there is too much plain black. Actually, I think brushed aluminum accents around the vents and some in the dash would would look nice as a redesign in future years. I am looking into buying a brushed aluminum dash kit. Has anyone done this? I have ordered samples from 4 dash kit companies.
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    In regard to your Manual transmission Aero not starting...
    The clutch has to be depressed to it's FULLEST limit for the car to start.Starting the car will be impossible even if the carpeted floormat has ridden up under the clutch pedal.Don't know for certain that this is the cause of your problem...but it is a very common occurence with new Saab owners.
  • thejickthejick Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 9-3 Linear. I also have Sirius radio and use the FM transmitter to listen in the car. I really want to hook it up direct but this stereo does not have an AV input. Everyone keeps telling me they can not upgrade my car with a new head unit. Of course Saab can but they only have XM. Any else have this problem?
  • mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    "I have a 2004 9-3 Linear. I also have Sirius radio and use the FM transmitter to listen in the car. I really want to hook it up direct but this stereo does not have an AV input. Everyone keeps telling me they can not upgrade my car with a new head unit. Of course Saab can but they only have XM. Any else have this problem? "

Get the aux input. Try here:
    http://www.etadyne.com/
  • ukjimukjim Member Posts: 63
    I originally posted this on the buying experiences site but thought I would give it a go here since I would appreciate some commments on the deal I am being offered on the following vehicle:
    2004 Silver 9-3 Aero Convertible (black top)
    Auto Tans'n
    18000 miles
    Two tone gray leather int
    Multi Player in-dash CD
    Condition appears to be excellent all round with the exception of some scuffing of the passenger side A pillar and the expected wear of the seats.
    Carfax comes back clean.
    Asking price is non negotiable $30K.
    I am not getting a great price for my RX8 but perhaps it is offset by the price of the Saab.
    Whatcha think?
    Thanks
  • flozanoflozano Member Posts: 1
    Hi thejick,

I am ordering the auxilary input for my car so that I can connect my ipod. It should be the same for your radio. Its around $45 throught the dealer.
  • thejickthejick Member Posts: 2
    Thank you flozano. I was thinking about doing that as well. My car is do for a check-up so I may take care of both at the same time.
  • beal06beal06 Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market for one too. The dealership told me the 06's came out in Nov-Dec05. I am also considering the 2.0T Passat. But 9-3 is more fun to drive.
  • beckie_12000beckie_12000 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 1999 saab 9-3 on the 15th of April so two days ago... and. yesterday, the battery went dead so I jump started it and now my check engine light is on and won't go off... is there any connection of the two... The light wasn't on when I bought it.???
    I really like the car it is awesome.
    is there anyway I can reset the light???
    do you think I bought a lemon???
  • nautikernautiker Member Posts: 32
    I was in the market for a used 03/04 Saab 9-3 Aero but had no idea that this kind of deal could be made. . .Do you know if GM's employee discount is similar to the price you received for the Military dicsount? Unfortunately, I'm not in the military, but my Brother can get GM employee pricing through where he works. I take it that you also have "Excellent" credit to get the 3.94% rate? (post 2878). . .Do you think I should go to a specifi Saab dealership to get this rate or should all Saab dealerships offer this type of deal? . . Great Info by the way. . .your posts have been really helpful. . . :)
  • confused7confused7 Member Posts: 25
    Hi Everyone,

I'm very concerned with 1) safety, then 2) price, then 3) looks, and I want to spend around $25,000. Also, I'm tall and like head room and decent lumbar support.

For safety results, I've been consulting both IIHS and Safercar.gov. The IIHS site lists rear crash tests, which is very helpful.

I could buy a Subaru - dowdy, but great visibility - but it has no Electronic Stability Control which I gather is pretty important.

I could buy a Saab 9-3, 2004 or 2005 models, Arc only as Linear is so maligned, but I'm worried about reliability.

I could buy a Volvo S60 (the S40's too small) (which got strangly opposite scores from the two safety sites, namely: IIHS rated it good Front Crash, but only acceptable Side Crash, and Safercars.gov rated it 4 out of 5 stars front, and 5 out of 5 side.

I'm happy to buy a used (ideally certified, right?) model to keep the costs down, esp as I need an automatic, and would like leather seats (maybe even heated!)

The Lexus IS 250 and the BMW 325 garnered excellent safety ratings (from IIHS) only in the 2006 (and therefore too expensive) models.

What should I buy?

Two more questions: should I worry that a 2005 car sold at a Saab dealership with very low miles is not 'certified'.

Also, is there a reason to avoid buying a 'loaner', the car the dealer gave out when his customers' cars were in the shop..?

Thank you for any advice.
  • georgekgeorgek Member Posts: 50
    When I bought my 9-5 at the military/diplomatic price the salesperson told me it was lower than the employee price.
  • nautikernautiker Member Posts: 32
    Thanks,

I have relatives in the military, but am not myself. I jsut wish there was someway to get a really good discounted price on these 9-3 Aero's. . .
  • dbodekdbodek Member Posts: 6
    I just thought that I would post this since I have seen some negative things stated about the 2003 9-3. I absolutely love this car and would buy another. I have not had any problems with it despite with what I have read on forum boards. Yes the car has had several recalls but so has every other car I ever owned. A co worker of mine has a 2005 9-3 and he has not had any problems either.

Just my 2-cents.
  • autodudeautodude Member Posts: 8
    Hi,
    My 2003 Saab 93 (purchased new with 13 miles) currently has 56K miles now ... and has proven to be very reliable for the most part. About the only problem I experienced was the sunroof getting stuck when opening/closing. This was fixed under warranty with the dealer. (also, Saab sends out safety recall letters every so often).

My Linear has many upgraded features: HID headlights, sunroof, automatic, infotainment system, CD player, etc. The leather seats are of high quality and do not show much wear/tear over time.

The only negatives I can think of would be road noise, poor stereo sound (for this price range, car should have been quieter and have better stereo sound), and poor resale value.

Positives: excellent crash ratings, generally reliable (at least in my case so far), great looking car, very good cornering ability, good power (175hp).

Good luck on your buying decision :)
    I have an '06 9-3 Aero. When nobody is sitting in the passenger seat, the AIRBAG OFF light blinks. Well, it actually goes from bright to dim.

I took my car in on THREE seperate ocassions--it is currently still in the shop for that and the SID flickering. They are now replacing the Airbag Module Relay, or something like that. it happens predominantly when the car is below 25 mph.

Well...they have me in a 9-3 loaner. And, low and behold, it does it, too. In fact, I decided to capture this one with the camcorder to PROVE that I am not crazy.

Has anyone heard of this happening?

Does anyone know what it is?

Is this supposed to be happening with the airbag light or did I just get lucky (or unlucky for that matter) and get the only 2 9-3 Aero's that do this?

Thanks.
    Jeff
  • bobveebobvee Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

I own a 2000 93 SE with the 205HP engine and 71k miles on it. The car is a blast to drive, with very quick acceleration. To date I've had no major problems, execept the recent March recall for a new Ignition Module. I do most of the normal maintenance work myself and would like to know if any readers know how to replace the cabin air filter. Appreciate your reply.
    Thanks - Bobvee
  • iheskeiheske Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I bought a 2001 Saab 93 Aero convertible last year. Is been fantastic , but this year its having starting problems when the engine is hot. That is if stop the engine, or if it stalls and try to start it, the engine does not fire. If I leave it for 10 minutes it starts with no problems. It is getting worse, I couldn't start the car today after a fill up, stuck at the pump for 10 mins. Occassionaly the engine cut out for a split second under acceleration, very scaring with 205 BHP. :cry:
    I beleive the air filter is under the wiper assembly on the driver side...
    I will never buy another Saab again. I owned an 84 900T, my parents owned Saabs (pre GM) and I was excited about the 9-3 Aero. What a mistake.

I bought the car in January and it has been in the shop 4 times for a total of just over 27 days. Saab service is poor. They do not know the car, Saab doesn't keep them informed of problems or even normal working conditions--like the self dimming air bag light, and it is plagued with electrical problems.

I have had the battery die once (after about 1400 miles), the car wouldn't start three times, and my SID has been replaced once already. And it is in the shop again for the same flickering SID problem that it has been in for before.

I now have 3400 miles on the car. Saab has refused my request to buy it back under the NC Lemon Law. Unfortunately, I have had to enlist the assitance of an attorney. The dealership is unhelpful AND I have to drive 70 miles one way to pick up the car when it is ready.

Steer clear of Saab. Since GM got their hands in them they have done nothing but go downhill. Never again.
    The filter is located on top of the climate unit housing underneath the water deflector before the ventilation fan. You have to remove the wiper assembly.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Doesn't your Saab dealer give you a loaner? Do most Saab dealers? Isn't the whole point of buying a European car to not get treated like the guy who buys his cars at the Chevy store? (Athough this is a bit late, why would anyone buy a car from a dealer who didn't offer loaners?)
    They do offer loaners...well, when you ask and push the issue.

My dilemma is that the car was towed--hs been towed three times. I live 70 miles from North Raleigh. In order for me to get up there to get the loaner, I have to ask my wife to take off from work, put our 3 year old and 3 month old in the car, and drive up there.

Then, when it is ready, I have to drive back up with the loaner.

Don't get me wrong. I have done it two other times. What I am doing, and since I now have an attoenry and am having to file a lemon law claim (I tried to work it out with Saab myself), I am annotating each time I have to do this and will see that those charges are included in the the settlement.

After four times, I just though that, possibly, they would allow me to get a car down here or bring something to me. I know that the Volvo dealerrship in Winstom-Salem does this and would hope, as you suggested about a European car, the same would be true to Saab.

But once again...GM.
  • sloanesqsloanesq Member Posts: 60
    I have an '03 9-3 Arc which has had a host of problems - most of which were fixed by the dealer under warranty.
    However, now that the warranty is up, wouldn't you know that some new problems arose.

Firstly, after a fill-up, the fuel gauge registers "empty." Only after about 80 miles or so does it start to register the correct amount of fuel.

Secondly, the rooftop antenna bracket broke so my antenna now flops about in the wind. I don't think anything hit it because I don't see any impact marks. my guess is that the plastic bracket just cracked on its own.

Has anyone else had or heard of these problems?
  • hopefallhopefall Member Posts: 12
    I just purchased a 2003 9-3. This morning when I started it up, the idle starting jerkinging up and down rapidly. As I backed out of my parking spot, the car jerked up and down (RPM's) as well, as if it was about to die and recovered again and again. This continued as a drove at low speeds. It even died once. It ran just ok on the freeway, but I could still feel the engine struggling. At one Stop sign, it accelerated very slowly, then picked up. Anyone ever had this problem or know what may be wrong? The shop can't get it in for 2 weeks!!!
  • sloanesqsloanesq Member Posts: 60
    This is a typical problem with the 9-3. I experienced it repeatedly on my '03 model and have heard it again from various sources including this website.

The fix is a software upgrade. I had it done to mine (had to be done twice, though) and the problem went away.

Good Luck.

BTW, I think I have a partial answer to my previous post. I learned that fuel with a high sulfur content can disrupt the fuel gauge sensor. A detergent additive (Techron Plus, I think) may help solve the problem.
  • iheskeiheske Member Posts: 2
    The problem is solved. It was solved by the Saab dealer, all I had to do was to get it to the garage with the engine running. The fault was a faulty temperature sensor. Apparently if the sensor fails to communicate with the computer it cuts the fuel. The part cost 120 euros and 50 euros for labor.
  • flytedhyflytedhy Member Posts: 63
    Can't find this info listed anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where to find it?

Thanks
  • rogereaton75rogereaton75 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone,

I have a problem when advancing my radio presets using the steering wheel. If I listen to stations 3,4,7,8, or 11 for more than 5 seconds and hit the next button, the station will automatically go back to preset number 1. After two years this is getting to be annoying. I have been to over 5 Saab dealers in the LA/San Diego area and no one has a solution. I have had the radio replaced twice (each time resulting in different presets causing the radio to revert back to present number 1 so I know Clarion has a problem), the computer replaced twice, the steering wheel buttons replaced once and the system re-programmed three times. Some dealers say this is normal, some say Saab is aware of the problem and is working on a solution, and some say they have no idea. I tried calling Saab directly and they won't talk to me since I'm not a dealer. I wrote a letter to the president of Saab and no response.

I have had many problems with my car over the last two years. Nothing major, yet, but I am in the dealer at least once a month and have a stack of receipts about 2" thick sitting in my glove box.

Anyone have an idea on how to proceed? Anyone ever call Saab directly and get a service agent to visit them? If so, what did you say to get them to do it? This is my first and last Saab but I need it to last a little longer as it's only at 41k miles!

Thanks Everyone!
  • rich013rich013 Member Posts: 1
    Mixed views on this post - apparently this is either the absolute best or worst car in the world. I like the Saab mystique and the test drive was fun, lots of pep. Price with my GM supplier discount makes the car a steal, and barring significant problems out there, makes no sense to even test A4s or BMWs. My only concern here is reliability - are Saabs really that much worse now that they're GM?
  • snaab1snaab1 Member Posts: 14
    I had this same radio issue with my 2003, but it did not seem to matter which of the 12 station settings it was on - it would always go back to the first station after the 5 second duration you described. I never had the dealer address it because (1) I knew they would not be able to fix it and (2) I leased the car and knew I would just turn it in. I now have a 2006 9-3 and do not have this problem anymore. HOWEVER, when I skip to a new station setting, the display that shows the song title will very often show the words "Hey Ya", as in the popular song by Outkast, even though that song is not playing! All of this plus the fact that the sound quality of the stock radio is so awful anyway. And I have to keep the stereo turned up loud all the time so I don't hear the numerous dashboard squeeks which have been "fixed" once already by the dealer.
  • snaab1snaab1 Member Posts: 14
    What kind of loaner car do you get when your 9-3 is in for warranty work? When I had a 2003 linear I would sometimes get a 9-5 wagon or 9-3 convertible loaner. I had my new 2006 2.0T in recently to have the dashboard squeeks "fixed" (briefly mentioned in my previous post) and did not get a "loaner". They gave me a free Enterprise rental car for which I had to fill out paperwork, and then do a walkaround visual inspection with the rental agent so I would not get blamed for any of the damage already on the car. What kind of car? A completely stripped down Chevy Cobalt with 12K miles, crank windows, manual mirrors, and manual door locks. Has anyone else experienced this? BTW, the Cobalt's dashboard was screwed together like it was hewn from a single block of steel; 12K miles and completely squeek-free. Maybe GM could send some of the dashboard engineers over to Trollhatten to show them how it's done...
    Run, do not walk, away from the Saab dealership.

I have had my 2006 9-3 Aero (manual) since 23 January. It has been in the shop 4 times for many of the same issues. I have had in i the shop for a total of 30 days. Yes, 30 days! And I just now have 3400 miles on it.

The dealerships are NOT informed by Saab of problems with the car or even some of the features like the airbag light being triggered to dim or brighten based on ambient light--that one took 15 days and I still am not satisfied with the answer.

It has been towed 3 times for failure to start--different "excuse" each time.

The Saab Information Display (SID) flickers and they have replaced it once already. Now, it flickers when you do anything electrical; turn the a/c on, unlock/lock the doors, use the signals, use the flashers, seat heaters, etc. And they tell me it is "normal operations" for the car. What a load of BULL!

I now have a website chronicling the Saab woes I am having and have hired an attorney under the NC Lemon Law. Saab USA and the dealership--David O'Neal Saab in Raleigh, NC both claim that the car is fine and there is nothing they will do. Another load of bull.

I wish I could give you the name of my website but I would just tell you that you should "dontbuyasaab" might work in your browser.

RUN AWAY!
  • 530ir1150r530ir1150r Member Posts: 263
    The SA at Quantrell Saab told me Saab discontinued loaner cars either with 2006 or some time last summer.
  • mjschafermjschafer Member Posts: 1
    I had similar problems with my 2004 9-3, but I found a way to work around them. It appears both the problem with going back to the first preset and the viewing of "Hey Ya" are related to the RDS system. As for the "Hey Ya" problem, you must have held the preset button and saved that station at the same time "Hey Ya" appeared on your SID. To fix this, you need to wait until your station name/identifier is displayed and hold the preset button at that time to resave your station. It should fix the problem (it did for me). Funny thing is, I see this in the loaners I drive from Saab. If you save a preset while a song title is displayed, it will always show up first for a second as you go through your presets.

As for the problem returning to the first preset, you must try a similar fix. I've notice my local stations sometimes change the RDS info. they send which seems to make the Saab radio "forget" the preset. Try resaving your preset as described earlier in my message and make sure the radio information is displayed when you do it.

Good luck.