Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti I35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
edited March 2014 in INFINITI
...including side sills, rear spoiler and sunroof air deflector, dealer covers service 100% up to 15000 miles, spare bottle of touch-up paint. Not being in California, you can't get the same deal you can out there - here in Charleston, South Carolina I gladly paid $30,400 (drive out-the-door including taxes & tags). Now, of course - we cheat because the maximum state taxes you have to pay here is $300 on a new car, no matter what the selling price... Oops - I obviously didn't bother with the "cold weather" package here either, since we tend to have about 6 to 10 cold-ish days a year, either. It was 78-80 the last three days here - almost December, already!

Comments

• tinttint Member Posts: 3
    I don't know why I got the cold pkg other than my wife wanting the leather instead of the wood on st wheel and shifter,(didnt want the sport pkg at the time). so here it is with the above mentioned additions and window tint. $32,200 + about 2,200 for tax title and doc fees. Refused extended warranty @ $1300.00 for 2added years-consumer reports suggests not to get extended warranty because the odds are you lose with it.
  • ninerlouninerlou Member Posts: 8
    My I35...has the sunroof/sunshade pkg..and four splash guards.
    Living in Calif. I didn't get the advantage of paying just $300 sales tax.
    My price out the door...was $31818 including tax, license..and getting the car teflon protected inside and out. My dealer is giving me my first service free (only because when I brought it in for teflon...it took longer than he said it would..so he offered me free service.} Amazingly I wasn't offered the extended warranty.. but my credit union has a similar program..that's a better deal anyway.
  • tinttint Member Posts: 3
    I paid $30,400 - $200.00 trade in(1985 cavalier)= $30,200, all the other info is pretty close.
  • evanbattevanbatt Member Posts: 2
    My I35 has the Sunroof Sunshade Package and the splashguards I paid $29,500 not including tax etc., but I too live in SC so tax was only $300. I cant wait to pay the property tax though, I live in the county w/ the highest property tax in the state:-(
  • njbaran99njbaran99 Member Posts: 69
    I paid $1300 Over Invoice or $2151 Off MSRP for Black/Black I35 Nav, Sport, Sunroof/Sunshade, CWP, Full Size Spare and Rear Splash Guards
  • eskalnyieskalnyi Member Posts: 7
    My I35 has the sunroof/sunshade pkg, rear splash guards and side sills (no installation fees). All together I paid $29,169.00 + (tax and license) = $31,790.12.
    That's in California.
    I think I got a great deal on a great car.
    eskalnyi: By my calculation, that only $873 over invoice (3.1% Over) , that was a great deal.

On my 02' I35 Spt/Nav Purchase, the dealer says they get more on the I35 Spt/Nav, since you can see my was more over Invoice $1300 (4.1% Over). Not sure if this was a line.

Happy I35 Driving!
  • eskalnyieskalnyi Member Posts: 7
    The way I made the deal was that I told them up front what I am going to pay.
    First I picked the car and requested to see the invoice. After matching the VIN numbers on the car and invoice I told them that I will pay 2% over the invoice + side sills and rear splash guards at invoice price with no installation fees. After about 15 minutes... I won my deal.
    In financing I was offered a even better financing rate. I had a 5.89% and the finance dude got me on 5.5% for 5 years.
    I have to admit that service was great.
    I highly recommend to do all your home work on everything: invoice price, MSRP on all car configurations, know your future car before you buy, drive it 2-3 times with an interval of 1-2 weeks.
    When buying inspect the car very well for possible damage. Do it all before you go inside to deal.
    Have fun and good luck.
    eskalnyi: Building Your Car, as listed on the KelleyBlueBook "Select Options" shows your setup Invoiced at $28,296, which based on paying $29,169 (that's 3.1% Over Invoice). At 2% over invoice, that would have put the Invoice at $28,596, where did the extra $300 come from.

Great Deal on the Financing. I got 5.74% for 5 Yrs.
    I bought my I35 in California too..and got a great deal. I paid $28798 (plus tax & license) for sunroof/sunshade pkg and splash guards. That's just $900 over invoice.

(By the way did anybody else notice a strange $400 extra charge on their invoice...some advertising fee..that the dealer pays Infiniti..that the buyer is then charged?)
  • serenoaserenoa Member Posts: 21
    I'm a little confused by ninerlou's message. You say you paid $900 over invoice and then you
    mention the advertising charge of $400. Did you pay that in addition or was it included in the
    $28798? If included and then you paid only tax and license with no documentary fees or the
    like tacked on, I'd say you did very well. Thanks for your help.
    Serenoa:
    My $28798 price included the $400 charge I mentioned.
  • tex38tex38 Member Posts: 1
    I went price shopping on an I35 this week and asked my local dealer to give me a price. He looked at the sticker ($33,870) and said "this is what their selling for". Hard to believe. I bought my I30t from this dealership, but they just lost my business.
    Print out any of the post here and show it to your salesman. I guy on another I35 Message Board said he got an new I35 for close to Invoice.

Obviously this dealer must be finding people to pay Sticker, which is very hard to believe.

$500-$1000 Over Invoice seems to be the going rate these days. Good Luck, the I35 is great!
  • ggbogoggbogo Member Posts: 9
    I've got my I35 a day before Christmas with
    Sport pkg, winter pkg, sunroof and full size spare. I payed $811 over invoice price
    (it's 2.7%).
  • dransomdransom Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease the I35 for 48 months. Can anyone tell me what my drive off costs and my montyly payment should be? I want to know what a good lease deal would be. Thanks for the help.
  • jdukie1jdukie1 Member Posts: 7
    Following an internet lead, was quoted $27900 +TTL for sunroof and sills. what do you all think??
  • bilyeuxbilyeux Member Posts: 1
    I'm in NJ, too and possibly in the market for an I35. First, I was curious to know which dealer this was, and secondly did the deal go through?

Much appreciate your response.
  • adpin3adpin3 Member Posts: 5
    I'm in NJ and paid $29,200 and took delivery on 1/15/02. Silver on black with cold weather pkg, sunroof/sunshade pkg, and mud guards. MSRP: $31,505. Also thrown is were all weather mats and 2 oil changes. Out the door I paid $31,077.50 (no trade).
  • shek3shek3 Member Posts: 72
    I am going to North Shore Infinity tomorrow....price $29,200.....silver, cold package, mudguards(4 piece)full size spare, sunroof package.....I will let you know how the deal goes and will pass on salesman's name and number IF all goes well! Mike
    $29,200 as mentioned........Mike Weitz at North Shore Infiniti.......516-773-1000
    Shek3 - So glad it worked out. You did even better, given that you got the full-sized spare, too. Are you aware that you will lose trunk space with the full-sized spare? That's why I didn't bother getting it. Something to think about.
  • svhustler2svhustler2 Member Posts: 1
    I paid $31,625.09 for mine with the cold weather package, chrome wheels, extra wood package inside, navigation, tint, splash guards, moon room visor, side sills, and a 900 dollar paint protection application that they redo every 6 months. I believe this price is well under invoice.
  • tturner23tturner23 Member Posts: 3
    Raleigh NC Infiniti dealer proposed a price of $30,671 for 2002 I35. Price includes Cold Weather Package, Sunroof/Sunshade Package & Destination Charges. Dealer cost for the I35 is $28,122. Proposed price is $2,549 over dealer cost.
  • meccangelmeccangel Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership treated you that way. I bought my Infiniti I35 at Hoy-Fox Infiniti in El Paso, TX and got a great deal and a great salesman. If you haven't bought yours yet, try them out. Ask for Manny Curry.
    meccangel

The dealer is Leith Infiniti in Raleigh; The dealer told me he was giving me his best price as I own a 1994 Q45 which I had serviced at this dealer for the last 7 years. Sounds as if he was not giving me such a good deal. I live in Raleigh NC, so buying a car in EL Paso is a problem.
    Anyone else have better deals which I can show this dealer?
    Chrome Wheels only come with Sport Pkg, are you referring to the Standard 6-Spoke that look Chrome. Assuming that and that you got a Moon Roof Visor, you must have also got the Sunroof/Sunshade Pkg. Adding up the Factory Options (assuming no Spt Pkg and 8 Spoke Chromes), that a $30,750 Invoice or $920 Over Invoice.

That's not a bad price, considering you got all those extras. Sunroof Wind Deflector($50) Wood Kit ($300), Tint ($?) and Paint Protection ($900). I wonder what the dealer cost is on those items?

What dealer did you purchase this I35 from?

Post Pictures if You Can.
  • keyrowkeyrow Member Posts: 214
    You said you got "a 900 dollar paint protection application that they redo every 6 months." Since I am a detailer and have never heard of a dealer's paint protection package that was worth a damn could you elaborate on exactly what your package entails (ie what kind products, why it is better than periodic waxing/detailing, for how long, guarantee, etc.)? Please email me, just click on my name and you will be provided with my email address. $900 would pay for a lot (about 4-1/2 years worth) of professional detailing and I would be extremely interested if there is REAL competition out there. From previous experience with dealer "mop & glow" products I sincerely doubt there is, but there is always the possibility that dealers have seen the light, however doubtful. Please let me (us) know.
    Is the wood kit available after market...and how easy is it to put in yourself? Does anybody know?
    I have done a dash kit....easy to do if the kit is of good quality........you need to clean all areas first with a good wax and grease remover and then using a heat gun or good hair dryer heat up any parts that arent going to lie on the dash perfectly flat......this makes them easy to bend so they fit correctly. I have seen some kits at the Infiniti dealer and wasnt impressed...the wood didnt match the factory's and some parts didnt fit as well as they should have. Mike

ps pick a warm summer day when installing
  • lofquistlofquist Member Posts: 281
    tturner23,
    Have you seen any of the posts in the I35 forum about buying in Canada? Over 60 of us have done it. I do realize that you're 750 miles from Toronto, but that certainly would not be the farthest that someone has gone. Basically that exact I35 will sell for about $25,000 there. A $5000 savings might just be worth it. Take a cheapy flight up and a couple day drive home. Lots of people have written about this in the Pathfinder and QX4 forums too. I'm glad to provide details to anyone on this. Just drop me an email. Toronto and Vancouver are usually the best.
    -Jon
    jonlofquist@aol.com
  • ilitilit Member Posts: 71
    We just got an I35 for $31K with Sport Package, Sunroof/Rear Sun Shade, SR Deflector, Spoiler, and 2 splash guards.
    Don't pay for paint protection package, I don't think it's real. They just mark up on the window sticker and hope can get some easy guys. I know couple year ago a friend of my wifes paid $1200 came with her new car.
    I can't get the driver's seat programmed even followed the instruction from the manual for few times.
    ilit:

Per Consumer Report The Dealer Cost is as follows:

Base invoice-($26,044);Add Destination Charge-($545);Less Holdback-($-288);Add Sport Package-($1,465);Add Sunroof/Sunshade Package-($1,217);Add Wind Deflector-($44);Add Spoiler-($431);Add Mud Gaurds-($59); Total Dealer cost-
    $29,517;

My calculations indicate that if you paid $31,000,you paid $1,483 over the dealer cost.
    This is less than the price offered me-$2,549 over dealer cost.

I would appreciate some others providing me with what they paid over dealer cost. Thanks!

TTURNER23
    Picked up my I35 the other day. Ivory pearl, willow interior, Sunroof (of course), side sills,rear mud guards, all weather mats, pinstripe, first 2 oil changes..$29,075. Got it @ Douglas Infiniti Summit,NJ. Barry was my Salesman. Thanks Allan
    Did You get the Cold Weather Package (Htd Seats, Hts Steering Wheel and Htd Side View Mirrors)?

Per your message, assuming no, that's $779 Over Invoice, plus what you got included at No Charge (Mats $80?, Oil Change $60, PinStrip $??), not bad.

Any pictures of the PinStrips, haven't seen an I35 with them?
    No, I did not go for the Cold weather package. The pinstripe looks really nice.(about $200) It's kind of a contrasting color,one thin line and one slightly wider line.
    Glad it worked out! It's great to help out a fellow New Jersian and Infiniti owner!!!

njbaran99 - come East, and jdukie1 and I will play a couple rounds of golf with you. Between his ivory, your black, and my silver I35, we could start a dealership!!!

Nice talking to you both.

FYI: My deal at $29,200 included cold weather pkg, sunroof/sunshade, mud guards, 2 free oil changes (worth $90), all-season mats ($80). Just over $31K out the door. I spoke to our mutual sales guy, he said that jdukie1 was a tougher negotiator than me!!
    He probably said I was more of a pain in the [non-permissible content removed]
  • alazrakialazraki Member Posts: 4
    I just bought my wife a 2002 Golden Sand I35 this morning March 23, 2002. It has the Sunroof and sunshade and 4 splash guards. I paid invoice plus $0.00 and the dealer didn't even balk. Costs were $26044 for the car, $1217 for the Sunroof $92 for the splash guards and $545 for the destination. Total walk out the door $20944.37 with a $9000 trade. That price includes the following fees: M&A- marketing and advertising fee - $361, processing fee - $399, Tire and battery fee - $6.50, Title fee $100 charge and will return the difference between actual cost in 4-6 weeks. Included 1179.87 for sales tax (I had a 9,000 trade). I know that I could have done just a little better. I went to the dealer with 2 other offers that I obtained from the internet. He didn't even ask to see them. He tried to sell me a warranty but I showed him 2 better prices that I already had from the internet. He said he could not match them. I received great treatment at Infiniti of Orlando, the sales consultants name is Brian Clifft and he is a real nice guy. Good Luck to all in obtaining the best price possible.
  • 1ovrzro1ovrzro Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a 2001 LEFTOVER Sandrock Beige I30T on December 14, 2001, fully loaded except the navigation system. It even had the auto-start from the keyfob. The car had 35 miles on it. Never sold. Actually it did sell in December 2000, but the deal fell thru, the owner never took delivery or possession and never drove the car. The dealer had gone thru a management change and this car along with one other I30T had fallen thru the cracks and never sold. It made a great deal for me. I was going to buy a 2002 I35, but when I saw this leftover NEW 2001 I30T for $24,500 I couldn't go wrong. This was before taxes. This is cheaper then buying a Maxima.
  • larose55larose55 Member Posts: 1
    Bought mine on Long Island, NY on April 18, 2002...sports package, cold weather package, full sized spare, sunroof/sunshade, rear splash guards, trunk mat..$29,750.00
  • pham7pham7 Member Posts: 13
    I just got I35 with sport package (including sidesills and rear splash guard, 17 in. wheel), sunroof, rear spoiler and VDC (vehicle dynamic control) for $30,264 yesterday. That price I got from Edmunds.com and deal on the phone with the dealer. It was so easy.
  • daviscpcincdaviscpcinc Member Posts: 2
    I have done my homework and decided the I35 is for me. Now the hard part...getting the 'best' price I can. What price have you all paid at Ray Catena in Edison,NJ? Any good salepeople? Anything to avoid? Thanks for the help.
  • rwilliamspoprwilliamspop Member Posts: 2
    I paid 27,600 for my i35 at North Houston Infiniti. Ask for Will Wilkes. We called dealers throughout neighboring states and decided upon this dealership.We flew in from Louisiana and were picked up at the airport by will. This was by far the easiest deal we ever made. We got the luxury pkg,(sunroof/sunshade)
  • ace1001ace1001 Member Posts: 2
    I35 with cold weather, sunroof and sunshade, spoiler, trunk mat, and splash guards, list $32,085. Any thoughts about dealer offer of $29,200 plus $199 processing fee?

Any comments on extended warranty?
  • shodanyzfshodanyzf Member Posts: 2
    Ace1001,
    I live in Long Island,N. Y. and on March 31 of this year,leased an "I" with the following options:sport package,sunroof/sunshade,cold weather,full size spare,spoiler,mud guards,and trunk mat. Sticker was $33,905.00 including destination charges. My purchase price was $29,694.19.
    There was a $500.00 manufacturer to dealer rebate at the time. IMHO your not being offered that good of a deal, you be the judge! I don't believe in extended warranty's unless you are purchasing a car with a terrible track record. The "I" does not fall into that category. Good Luck!!!
  • ace1001ace1001 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. I really had the same thought and your response helped confirm it.
  • chum05chum05 Member Posts: 4
    I am wondering what others may have paid for a '02 I35 in the NW suburban Chicagoland area. Currently I am getting quotes for $28,500 with Sunroof, coldweather pkg and trunk mat. I could probably bargain further for mud flaps a couple of oil changes, etc.
  • metrikmetrik Member Posts: 2
    Just got new 02 I35 for surprising $26,500 (including sunroof / sunshade package, splash guards, trunk mat and trunk net). The price was $1500 lower than Carsdirect.com could offer. Isn't that something?
This discussion has been closed.