Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    usamka... You got an exellent quote they are taking $2000 off. I would go down and buy it!
  • usamkausamka Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Greanpea68 - I think I'm going to take your advice! :shades:
  • pbhagatpbhagat Member Posts: 8
    Another dealer has agreed to sell the vehicle for $18,500 + TTL (including splash guard and floor mats). He claims that the price is valid only for today because they will be closing the books on 4th. Could that be true? How much should I expect for gap insurance, license and fee?
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    Gap insurance is optional, you don't have to buy it. In the event you totaled your car, it would pay the difference between what you owed and what the insurance company paid. the fees will depend on what state you live in. for most 2000 should cover everything.

i think mine went:
    20900 for car +gap
    650 destination
    900 waranty
    and aabout 1300 for taxes, tittle, tags, processing fee for a total of about 23400. I put 2000 down, financed 21400 for 6 years with a payment of $363
  • usamkausamka Member Posts: 4
    Hey all - hope this helps any future Altima drivers - I am loving mine so far, just bought it this weekend!

2007 ALTIMA 2.5 S 4DR AUTO

BW9-G
    MAJESTIC BLUE, CHARCOAL LEATHER

ABS
    ANTI-LOCK BRAKING

COX
    CONNECTION PKG W/XM

FLO
    MATS WITH HOOKS

SGD
    SPLASH GUARDS

SLP
    SL PACKAGE

Total $24,200 (excludes tax & lic.) :shades:
  • seminole4seminole4 Member Posts: 2
    3.5SE w/CVT fully loaded except NAV

Black w/ Charcoal leather
    VDC
    Bose/6cd changer/sirius/bluetooth

I tried to work with about 7 different dealerships but nobody would go under invoice on car. Hats off to
    St. Charles Nissan - St. Charles MO

MSRP 30,885
    Invoice 28,233

Out the door price including the $ 149 set-up fee of
    $ 27,699. When I confirmed that I was still in time to get the 3.9% financing on 36mos., they said I qualified for
    0.7% 36mos. financing. No other dealer mentioned the 0.7%

I still may have paid too much, but it is the first time I have come out of the dealership thinking I received a fair deal. Thanks to St. Charles Nissan. They had to drive about 30 minutes to p/u car from another dealer I had just visited with the day before. That offer was $ 28,343 with 3.9% financing.
  • bill_dingbill_ding Member Posts: 6
    That's a pretty good deal. My buyer's order was $27950 OTD, but with the college grad rebate, dropped it to $27450. I was going to get 5.9% APR through a credit union they were going to refer me through (which was the best deal out of the 6 or 7 banks/online loan sites I checked), but NMAC put out 3.9% APR the day before I went in on April 28. It was the second week of the "special" rate, but Nissan never got it up on their site. The dealership didn't even know until I told them about it. I was doing backflips over the thousands I was going to save. They on May 1, NMAC began offering 0.7%APR. D'oh! :sick: Oh well...
  • haizmansbrainhaizmansbrain Member Posts: 3
    I've been looking for an altima for a few weeks. Found what i want, and a dealer to provide it. Black/Charcoal, SL, XM, ABS Splash and Mats. However, the car is being shipped in, (its due on the 22nd) so it's presently not on the lot. Anyway, went in tonight to sign the buyer's order, figured a $100 deposit was enough and I'd be good. All looked well until the GM came over and said the deposit had to be at least $1,000. I told him to forget it since the car wasn't even on the lot yet and $100 was enough to bind the agreement. He tells
    me that he cannot take it, blah, blah blah, and that's that. I said "Fine, we're done then sorry to waste your time." He agreed and I just left. The car is still due in on the 22nd and I told him we'd do the dance all over again, but all he's saying is I have no commitment, he'll
    get stuck with the car, blah, blah,blah again but he could sell it. Sounds like a lot of BS to me.

Is this normal behavior for a dealer to end a deal on the basis of the deposit? I have not read anything about a dealer doing that.
    I got the vehicle
    2.5S, Dark Slate/Charcoal, CVT, Convenience Package, Floor Mats, Emergency kit for $19,200 (including the destination charges). OTD was about $21,000. Hope its a good deal.
  • sneedsneed Member Posts: 1
    Desired Car:

2007 Altima 2.5S
    SL Package
    Connection Package with Sirius
    Dark Slate
    Charcoal int.

Here's what I did:
    1. Found the invoice price of my car
    2. Used Edmunds to request a quote from local dealers
    3. Got a carsdirect.com quote
    4. Negotiated with the dealers that contacted me, asking if they could beat carsdirect.com.

Turns out, the particular car I wanted (listed above) was pretty rare. In fact, there was exactly *one* in the entire state of California (which I confirmed through 3 different dealers). One of my local dealers was able to acquire my car via a dealer trade. Unfortunately, because of how rare the car is, it put me at a bit of a disadvantage in term of negotiating, so I didnt get as good a deal as I could have given a different set of options.

Anyway, to get to the point, I ended up paying $25,200 before TTL. I put $4k down and got the 4.9% financing (60m) from Nissan which puts my payment at $445/month.

Thanks to everyone that's posted here and elsewhere on Edmunds and it REALLY helped me in this process. Thanks!
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    i got a quote for 18300 on a 2.5S Nissan Altima with CTV from route 1 Samsone automall. I was not asking for the car, but i always receive their quotes, because i dealt with them before. They are in woodbridge, nj is that works for someone. i guess that it does not incl dest. but if you bargain, you can get a better price
  • jpolwortjpolwort Member Posts: 27
    In negotiations for the following: 2.5 S with SL package,red,abs,mats, and splash guards. Dlr inv. 23,611, and offer of 23,411. I can get the 0.7% financing. Is this a good deal? I have one other competing quote of 22,932, but the dealer has to pay <200 to obtain it from Indiana. So the diff, isn't much. Please reply. Nothing signed yet. :)
  • netkickernetkicker Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to buy a Nissan Altima 2.5s CVT. I am getting quotes around $19-19,500 with splash guard and floor mats including destination but without tax and title. Do you think it is fair and what is O.K. to pay as extra dealer fees? Am I supposed to pay some kind of processing fee, gas fee, tire fee etc. I am from Ohio and thanks in advance.
    One dealer was ready to sell a 2.5 Altima CVT with floor mats for 18,500/- including destination. However I had to add the convenience package because they didn't have the color that I wanted. So I bought it for 19,300/-. See my previous posts. Tire fee was $10, documentation fee was $55. I can't remember the registration fee, but the total was under $200.
  • bradanbradan Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone. I'm about the buy the Nissan Altima 2.5S with:
    Convenience Package
    Rear Spoiler
    Fog Lamps
    ABS
    Floor/Trunk Mat set
    Splash Guards
    Sunroof Wind Deflector .
    what is the good offer price if i paying cash. I'm in central NY thanks
    Thanks for the response man. I read your previous postings and looks like you got a really good deal. Did you finish everything through the phone/e-mail or eventually did you have to go and negotiate a couple of them dealers after you receieved a couple quotes? I only got 2 quotes so far and the lowest is $19400.00 (including destination). Even though it is not bad compared to TMV still not even close to what you got.
    If you get $1800 off msrp that is a great deal. But I wouldn't pay cash. I would put my money in a bank and take .07% for three years. you'll make out more that way. :shades:
    thanks greanpea68. where can i get that 0.07%. are they currently offer that? I'm in central New York. thank a lot.
  • cptcmpostcptcmpost Member Posts: 25
    [QUOTE]Hey all - hope this helps any future Altima drivers - I am loving mine so far, just bought it this weekend!

2007 ALTIMA 2.5 S 4DR AUTO

BW9-G
    MAJESTIC BLUE, CHARCOAL LEATHER

ABS
    ANTI-LOCK BRAKING

COX
    CONNECTION PKG W/XM

FLO
    MATS WITH HOOKS

SGD
    SPLASH GUARDS

SLP
    SL PACKAGE

Total $24,200 (excludes tax & lic.)[/QUOTE]

Holy Cow that looks like a good deal!

What was MSRP and where was the dealer?

Thanks.
    It is a manufacurer incentive .07% for 36 months, 3.9% for 48 months, 4.9 for 60 months. As long as you have teir one credit 700 or better you'll be fine. The dealership will have the info. If they don't I wouldn't buy there and I would go to another dealer. ;)
  • tianoogletianoogle Member Posts: 3
    We just bought an Altima today, Winter Frost outside and Blonde leather inside, the model is 2.5 S with:
    - SL pacakge
    - connection package w/Sirius satellite radio
    - ABS
    - floor mat
    - auto-dim mirror w/compass
    - moonroof wind shield, splash guard

Got it for 24300, which is about 2300 off MSRP. it includes 500 student discount (graduate student). Bought at Durham, NC. Hope this can help.
  • 123edmunds123123edmunds123 Member Posts: 1
    Is your price includng TTL(Tax and license).
    If it includes TLL you got a good deal.
  • greg9xgreg9x Member Posts: 2
    Purchased 07 Altima 2.5 S CVT in Dark Slate

SL Package
    Technology Package w/XM
    Splash Guards
    Fog Lamps
    Anti-lock brakes
    Spoiler

MSRP $29,090

Invoice $26,848

Paid $26,648 / $28,280 OTD w/Aluminum Kick Plates added

Was offered 'under invoice' due to not having car initally told me they had.
    Hello everyone. can someone with experience tell me what is a good price to deal for the car with Total Configured MSRP $24,905. thank you very much. have a nice day !!

Base MSRP $20300
    Transmission:
    Xtronic CVT
    Packages and Options:
    Splash Guards
    Convenience Package Plus Package
    Fog Lights
    Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with HomeLink&#153; and Compass
    Anti-Lock Braking System
    Rear Spoiler

Accessories
    Floor Mats and Trunk Mat with Trunk Floor Hooks
    Aluminum Kick Plates
    Moon Roof Wind Deflector
  • kannikanwokannikanwo Member Posts: 19
    I am in the Bay Area looking at a Nissan Altima Hybrid with the technology package and sunroof (i.e. pretty much fully loaded) and the mrsp and invoice are $33,825 and $31,178 respectively. I want to offer around $30,000 as I read in some forum somewhere that one can pick up Altima's for $1,200 off invoice. Am I low balling under the relm of possibility?

Thanks.
  • tutimamitutimami Member Posts: 7
    2007 Altima 2.5 S [Dark Slate with Charcoal interior]
    with Convenience Package + ABS

Local dealer is quoting me $21200 + TTL

OTD $22000 :confuse: Is this a good price?
    2.5 with the SL package, floor mats, splash guards and ABS out the door for $23,700.

Tax is fairly low here so that helps. Basically I'm paying $23K for the car and $700 for tax, title and tags. Waiving the processing fee as well.

Sticker is $25,385 and invoice is somewhere around $23,600.

Should I hold out, should I get it, should I take my chances that the .7% will stick around another month and keep looking?
  • jersey_391jersey_391 Member Posts: 2
    I looked on CarsDirect.com and I got what I think is a pretty good quote. Will the dealers even come close? I'm in the NJ/NY Metro area.

Altima 2.5 S w/CVT
    Dark Slate
    Convenience Plus Package
    Anti-Lock Brakes
    Floor Mats

CarsDirect quote = $21,595
    MSRP = $23,550
    Invoice = $21,920

The CarsDirect quote includes destination charge, but not TTL.
    I did it on phone/email. Whenever any dealer called me I told him/her that I want to buy the 2.5 S with CVT for 18,000/- (with destination). One guy got back on 4th of May and said that he can sell it for 18,500/-. But the offer was valid only for that day. He told me that 4th mid-night was the last day for them to close the books and that Nissan was going to give them some more discounts if they can get more numbers. So I went on the same day and finalized.
    Please see my previous posts. I got 2.5 S with CVT, floor mats, emergencgy kit and convenience package for 19,200/- (I can't remember whether it was 19,200/- or 19,300/-)along with destination charge.
  • townboy325townboy325 Member Posts: 37
    I think they have the lower price in bay for hybrid http://northbaynissan.com/ which they are 700 more cheaper than what i got for my 1200 off invoice
  • zink88zink88 Member Posts: 5
    phhagat,

Your previous posts (997 & 1002) indicated you paid 19,300/-, $55 for doc fee, ~$200 for tires/registration which totals $19,555 before taxes. If California taxes are 7%, that would be another $1351 (no tax on tires/registration) for a total of $20,901 and you indicate you paid $21,000 OTD. Is the tax rate on automobiles in California 7%? It is only 3% here in NC.
    Thanks for the info pbhgat. I bought the 2.5s CVT for $19250.00. I didn't get a deal as good as yours but I wanted the buy the car before %0.7 financing ends. Your postings really helped!
    Thanks everyone. I got the car today. I paid $300 over invoice for the Altima 3.5SE silver with sport pkg, splash guard and mats. please give me comment on what you think about my deal? thank you so much. have a nice day.
  • zink88zink88 Member Posts: 5
    Since I've been reading this forum for the past three months, thought I would give back to others by detailing my buying process and the end result. Using the NissanUSA.com website, I found 47 dealers within 200 miles of Raleigh and on 5/27 sent all except one of the closest large volume dealers an email asking for a quote on a 2.5S with CVT, ABS, and mats. I asked for an OTD (no additional charges) quote to include destination, taxes, tags, and any additional fees. This eliminates any pricing variation due to differing doc fees or bugus dealer add-ons like "protection package" charges not being included in the quoted price and ensures an apples-to-apples comparison between the quotes.

From those initial requests, ~ half sent back OTD quotes that ranged from a low of $20,680 to a high of $22,009 with the lowest quote being from a dealer ~ 200 miles away. I then sent emails on 5/30 to those who responded as well as the closest dealers who did not respond advising them of the $20,680 quote I had received and asked if they could do better.

Most responded that they could not, but of the few that were willing to offer better, the best price was $20,449. Continuing to email back and forth and now involving phone conversations I was able to get the price down to $20,300 - but only good until the end of the month.

On the 31st, I involved the local high volume dealer and my low price became $20,000 OTD. After further negotiation with a few dealers and a promise to buy that day, I was able to get splash guards and an aftermarket spoiler added for only $200 for a total OTD price of $20,200. I went in and completed the deal including the 0.7% financing.

Breaking down the MSRP and Invoice charges this shows I would have paid $21,088 OTD if purchased at invoice AND no documentation fee:

2.5S CVT.............MSRP $20,300.....Invoice $18,987
    Destination..........MSRP....,$625.....Invoice.....$625
    Spoiler...................MSRP.....$370.....Invoice.....$292
    ABS.......................MSRP.....$300.....Invoice.....$260
    Floor/Trunk Mats.....MSRP.....$175.....Invoice.....$132
    Splash Guards........MSRP.....$135.....Invoice.....$106

Subtotal.............................$21,905..............$20,402

3% NC tax.............................$657...................$612
    Tags/Reg................................$74.....................$74

Total OTD..........................$22,636.............$21,088

My OTD price of $20,200 was $888 below what the cost should have been at invoice with $0 documentation fee. If you assume there should be at least a $50 or $100 documentation fee, then my price is that much lower than dealer invoice.

Factoring in the dealer will receive ~ $660 holdback from the factory, it would appear it cost this dealer slightly more than $200 to sell this vehicle. But we know dealers aren't going to make a sale that costs them money, and during my negotiations I was advised by a couple of dealers that Nissan was providing them incentive money for each sedan sold in the month of May. How much I have no idea, but I would assume it was AT LEAST $500 to allow them to sell me this vehicle at the price I got. It would appear that specific targets had to be reached to get this incentive as several low volume dealers said they couldn't afford to sell me a car at a loss as they didn't qualify for any factory incentives.

In addition, my salesman advised me (after the purchase had been made) the dealer had a contest between all salesmen in May (as there probably is every month) and that whoever sold the most in each class of vehicle (sedans, SUVs, minivans) would get a $1000 bonus check. He was tied for first with another salesman at the start of the day, but sold 4 vehicles yesterday (final day of the race) which locked him into first place and the $1000 bonus. I'm sure this contributed to his willingness to negotiate with me.

By financing the entire $20,200 at 0.7% for 36 months, I will save ~ $1465 over the best rate I was able to procure from my bank or credit union. It made no sense to put any money down with this low of a rate as I can earn 4.6% in a money market account. The total of all 36 payments will be $20,418.28, only $218.28 in interest charges over the 3-year life of the loan.

This was my first purchase involving email negotiations and was by far the easiest and least time consuming vehicle purchase I have ever made. The only thing I might have done differently was to start the process a few days earlier - but still not plan on purchasing until the very end of the month to ensure the best deal.

Bottom line, request quotes from as many dealers as you can and play them off each other to get the best deal possible. If at all possible, peform this process near the end of the month when quotas need to be reached and salesmen are more eager to deal to boost their month end sales totals. The NissanUSA.com website makes it very easy to find dealers in any area and you can see the specific vehicles along with colors and options currently on the lot at every dealer.

Hope this post helps!
    Hybrid with floor mats and convenience package for $24,899, which looks to be roughly $375 under invoice. I'm not sure how much they are dealing on the hybrids still, so what do you guys think? Dealer fee was $125, which is better than most but I still think the dealer fees are a bunch of bull.

Anyway, if it was a non-hybrid I know it wouldn't have been a good deal, but I hadn't priced hybrids much before buying.

Oh yeah, was the promotional rate .7% or .07%? I've seen both on here and can't remember what all the websites said until today.
  • townboy325townboy325 Member Posts: 37
    if u in Nor Cal than thats not a good price... i got it for 24,020 and out door like 261xx which is 1200 under invoice.. also look back few post that i posted out that website which is only 23333, thats almost 700 cheaper than what i got.
    Thanks man. It wasn't in Cal, but looks like I could have done better. OTD was only like $25.5 though due to cheaper taxes in my home state. That makes my deal not hurt as much.

We love the car so far. Acceleration is great for a car that is routinely getting 35 or 36 mpg (mostly highway so far). Our only complaint is that on the trip home it got a really bad rattle in the back where the headliner meets the rear window somewhere. Local dealer is going to fix is Friday. it's just annoying on a new car. Somehow it didn't do it on the test drive.
  • skinsfan3skinsfan3 Member Posts: 78
    I don't know why you can't get a good (make that "fair" price). Of you live near a costco, they have a plan for their customers which gets you the car at close to dealer invoice without haggling And you get to see the invoice and keep all incentives.. When I bought my 2003, I did better than many of my friends by quite a bit.
  • hell606hell606 Member Posts: 7
    I just put 100.00 down on a 2.5SL loaded and the car won't be on the lot until the end of the month.
  • hell606hell606 Member Posts: 7
    I paid a 100.00 deposit for a Altima 2.5SL that should be in by the end of the month. I got it for 27,722 that is 500.00 over invoice

1. Exterior Color
    o Dark Slate
    2. Interior Color
    o Charcoal Leather
    1. Transmission
    o Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission)
    Packages and Options

$135 Splash Guards

$310 Fog Lights

$3,850 2.5 SL Package
    incl Connection Package with XM® Satellite Radio

$300- Anti-Lock Braking System

$370 Rear Spoiler

$3,200 Technology Package

Accessories

$175 Floor Mats and Trunk Mat with Trunk Floor Hooks

$140 Emergency Aid Package

$170 Aluminum Kick Plates

Subtotal $28,950
    $625 Destination and Handling
    $29,575 Total Configured MSRP&#134;

I paid 29,357 OTD Did I get a good deal?
  • uo2b4x4nuo2b4x4n Member Posts: 5
    Ok Just paid 24481(+ttl) for the 2.4 Altima ww/ the sl and con (cox) packages....slate ggrey /darkleather int ...plan to have foglamps added later when the kit becomes avail. Quite a fine optioned veh for the $$$ ride is A+ and 36mpg est is Almost Hybrid level W/ out the additional cost ...and worring about the $2000 .00 cost of batteries every 3 yrs....
  • kcleukkcleuk Member Posts: 45
    Hey,

I love the new look of the 2008 Altima Coupe. Anyone is thinking of getting one? No one seem to be talking about it so far.
  • wufpackwufpack Member Posts: 1
    My experience was much the same as that of zink88 (coincidentally, I also live in the Raleigh area).

Here's what I wanted.

2007 Nissan Altima
    2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
    Base price $20,300 $19,037 $19,580
    Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code Change - - -$60
    Optional Equipment $5,785 $5,139 $5,385
    G01 SL Package $3,850 $3,501 $3,634
    H01 Connection Package w/XM Satellite Radio $1,200 $1,041 $1,102
    R01 Anti-Lock Braking System $300 $260 $275
    L92 Floor/Trunk Mat Set $175 $132 $148
    P93 Aluminum Kick Plates $170 $134 $148
    A92 Sunroof Wind Deflector $90 $71 $78
    Color Adjustment - - $0
    Sonoma Sunset Metallic
    Destination Charge $625 $625 $625
    Total with Options $26,710 $24,801 $25,530

Did the email thing with three dealers in the Raleigh area. Ended at $24,696 (including doc fees but not including TTL, or about $800 below invoice), with an OTD price of 25,500. Considering the holdback and the incentives that zink88 mentioned (my salesperson also mentioned these) I figure the dealer made less than $300 on the sale. Also got the 0.7% financing for the full purchase amount (no trade-in), saving me $$$. All in all, a very fair price.

One thing to note. As zink88 points out, make sure that you're negotiating with the "doc fees" in the price (that is, negotiate the OTD price). My dealer charges a $367 doc fee. I didn't much care how they wrote up the sale as long as I got the OTD price I wanted.

So far I love the car. Two problems: first, the rear tires were inflated to over 45psi (I'm told that they overinflate them for shipping, but the dealer prep should have caught this; the front tires were about 35psi); and second, the chrome tailpipe cover on the left (driver's) side fell off the first day I had the car. Can't quite figure out what holds it on unless it's just a pressure fit, so will let the dealer put it back on.
    How wrong you are. First, I believe the 2.5 (not 2.4 as you posted) altima is rated at 34 hwy, not 36 and good luck getting it with anything except strictly highway at reasonable speed.

Secondly, the high voltage hybrid battery (the expensive one) is warranteed for 8 years and 100,000 miles according to my owner's manual and warranty information.
  • greg9xgreg9x Member Posts: 2
    You got the same car I got (see previous page), except you got the Emergency Package... I got the kick plates and mats 'free' I paid $28,280 OTD.
  • regalguyregalguy Member Posts: 2
    haizmansbrain,

It is an old dealer trick, to lock you in. You should never have to wait more than 2 weeks for anycar. If the dealer does not have look elsewhere.
    Never put down money without seeing the exact car in the lot.
    In Fact even after seeing it you dont have to.
    If the car is in the lot , it gives you leverage to negotiate bcause he has to sell it and the pressure is on him , not the buyer.
  • regalguyregalguy Member Posts: 2
    Got my Altima 2007 3.5 SL for 660 below invoice. Is it a deal or what?

invoice 27190 for Base 3.5 SL+ floormats + splash guard
    paid 26540.
  • inductisinductis Member Posts: 1
    is this price for 3.5SL is out of the door price?
  • noles200noles200 Member Posts: 49
    I noticed on the nissan website the 60 month rate is now 2.9%, not 4.9% like I've been reading.

2007 Altima (including Hybrid but excluding Coupe) 0.7% APR financing for up to 36 months or 2.9% APR financing for up to 48 months or 2.9% APR financing for up to 60 months for qualified buyers **

Seems like a good deal on an interest rate. Now, do they jack up the price close to invoice in order for you to get that or can you still get below invoice and the 2.9?