Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    ALCON:

Live in Northern VA and was quoted $21.5K on an Altima 2.5S with CVT, ABS, mats and convenience plus package.

The price does not include TTL + processing fee ($297).

What are other folks being quoted?
  • hell606hell606 Member Posts: 7
    I bought a Altima 2.5 SL. I got it for 27,322 that is 100.00 over invoice. I also got the 2.9 loan rate from Nissan. I have to go 60 months to make the payments under 500.00 I am in Milwaukee WI

1. Exterior Color
    o Dark Slate
    2. Interior Color
    o Charcoal Leather
    1. Transmission
    o Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission)
    Packages and Options

$135 Splash Guards

$310 Fog Lights

$3,850 2.5 SL Package
    incl Connection Package with XM® Satellite Radio

$300- Anti-Lock Braking System

$370 Rear Spoiler

$3,200 Technology Package

Accessories

$175 Floor Mats and Trunk Mat with Trunk Floor Hooks

$140 Emergency Aid Package

$170 Aluminum Kick Plates

Subtotal $28,950
    $625 Destination and Handling
    $29,575 Total Configured MSRP†

I paid 29,057 OTD Did I get a good deal?
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    some people are picky about that, but it just means the car was test driven a lot, or somebody took it home for the day. mine had 118 on it when i bought it.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    The dealership could have swapped it in from another dealer. That is very common. If the dealership they swapped it with was 100 miles away. The cars arrive on the lot with 6-8 miles on it. I wouldn't worry about 138 miles. :)
  • tropotropo Member Posts: 17
    Just picked this baby yesterday. I love it! I am a tall guy 6'2", and I am very comfortable driving the car, but that does not happen that often. My son came over and he is doing all the driving. We love the car and the dealer - Ardmore Nissan. I paid $29,200 Plus TTL,very easy to deal with. Major great points: 6 Spd Manual, Remote access, push start button, Bluetooth integration for cell phone and navigation. Very comfortable ride and TON of power. I looked at the Accura TL and I do not see any reason to pay the extra $8K to $10K for Acura. :)
  • neo_neo_ Member Posts: 14
    I think you are getting an okay deal.. mine is somewhat similar.. me in mke..

2.5 S with convenience + package, ABS, safety kit, Aluminum Kick Plates.. 22K excluding TTL..
  • melissa726melissa726 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an Altima last Saturday and paid $23,013.

It's a 2.5L CVT with the convenience plus package, ABS, floor mats, kick plates, emergency package, splash guards, and the sunroof wind deflector. The destination fee was 615.

Lucky you if you got it for $21.5! I esentially paid Edmunds TMV. It wasn't much cheaper using UBS (which I didn't find out I had as a benefit until AFTER I bought the car... growl) Would have saved on the processing fee, too.
  • rannederannede Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I are going to buy a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe with Manual Transmission, Convenience Package, Moonroof w/deflector and Aluminum Kick Plate. We've done some research and found that the MSRP in our area (Indianapolis, IN) is approx. $23600.00. We already have a price in mind that we're willing to pay. The confusion we have is in the differences between MSRP, Invoice, etc... I'm aware it's impossible for an exact price but what I'd like is a realistic estimate of what price we'll be able to get the dealership down to from $23600.00 minus taxes & title. Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Well, take a look at the lot...if they have less than 5 or so, I doubt you will get any discount (may be very little). You might be able to get more discount in Dec. or so.
    the coupe is in short supply right now. they probably won't budge from MSRP. You'd probably have more luck getting them to throw in some extras than to get the price down.
  • director_bobdirector_bob Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I just bought an Altima 3.5 SE fully loaded including Technology Package. I asked around for an "Internet Price" and got responses that ranged form "We have several to choose from" without a price, to a dealer who gave a decent price but failed to mention that the car had been a "dealer trade" and driven over 500 miles from a different state.

However, Bommarito Nissan in St. Louis saved the day. The Internet Manager was knowledgeable and sincere - no playing games. Right off the bat he offered us the car we wanted for less than the invoice price (as verified on Edmunds... Far less than the listed TMV price).

I have never had such a pleasant experience when buying a car. I would highly recommend this dealership to everyone!
  • smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    Would you mind posting the pricing details? Invoice & MSRP base price + add ons and the price you paid excluding tax and license. This is valuable info and would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • vasabresfan29vasabresfan29 Member Posts: 7
    I ordered a 2.5 coupe with Navi on May 25. Cost was 28,897. They originally told me I would have it in June, then they said July, now its August or September. So if you order one don't be suprised if you don't get it until 2008.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    There are several in the north east. I'm surprised your dealer doesn't have any. Maybe they don't swap with other dealers. If you put a deposit down I would get it back and shop around. You might even get a better price. Unless it is a specific color. :cry:
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75

Packages and Options

$135 Splash Guards

$310 Fog Lights

$3,850 2.5 SL Package
    incl Connection Package with XM® Satellite Radio

$300- Anti-Lock Braking System

$370 Rear Spoiler

$3,200 Technology Package

Accessories

$175 Floor Mats and Trunk Mat with Trunk Floor Hooks

$140 Emergency Aid Package

$170 Aluminum Kick Plates

Subtotal $28,950
    $625 Destination and Handling
    $29,575 Total Configured MSRP†

Remember when we used to drive out pleased as punch with radio/heater/overdrive...
  • elena77elena77 Member Posts: 6
    I bought it in NJ.
    21.3K does not include taxes or doc. fees. There was no trade in and I financed with 2.9% rate.

The rest is broken down in my original posting
  • hell606hell606 Member Posts: 7
    yes but we spend a lot more time in our cars now and all the toys make the drive seem shorter ;)
    I did put a deposit down, which of course they had no problem cashing right away. I have looked around but have been unable to find one with Navi. We do want black, but are willing to budge if forced too.
    I love toys!!! :)
  • thoughtconthoughtcon Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a great deal!!!
    Did you finance it (what rate?)?
  • chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    I assume you had the premium package and VDC at that price, at least the Tech package "requires it", but what about the sport package with the sunroof? And what was the "MSRP" on your ride? I am considering the 3.5 SE Altima Sedan with 6M, with Sport, VDC, Premium and Technology packages but when you add the prices up using the "msrp" or even invoice prices the options are around 10-13K, which is a ridiculous premium to pay over the base model for essentially the same options I can get on the Accord EX-L (which can be bought now for about $25k +TTL). My friend bought a Acura TL last year for $32,800 +TTL and the Altima doesn't quite compare to it, it's just more luxurious. Granted you have to pay $35k + TTL in 07 to get a manual, but the TL-S is even a bigger step up for only 6K(over your price). If I can get all the options for 29k, it's a lot easier to stomach. I have to say I prefer Honda's pricing, with the only real option being the Nav. It's sooo much easier to get a handle on pricing. Anyway, congratulations on your purchase, and I hope you can she some light on my confusion about the option prices. Thanks.
    :confuse:
  • tropotropo Member Posts: 17
    The sport package and sun roof are included as do the floor mats, for that sale price. MSRP including des. charges was $32,275. I looked at the Accord MT6, and I was not impressed. For me, the Altima had a better total package (including the Sport package and VDC) that the Accord simply does not have (VDC) or it is extra accessories (Navigation, sport package components and the bluetooth interface to the cell phone - Works great!! - I live on my cell phone)that bring the price gap between the two to around $2,000 or so. Add the advanced electronics of the Altima, and it did it for us. Please do not get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the Accord, but we decided to go with the Altima. The TL had all of the Altima items, plus memory seats and power passenger seat. We chose to buy the Nissan Gold Preffered extended warranty for 84 months, 100K miles for a $1K, as we intend to keep the car and hand it over to the kids when they start driving (five years or so).

So at the end, I have all the option for $29.1K. Simply put there are no more options to add to the car. I think that this is your target price as well.

I hope this helps in your decision process. The good news, with the three cars that you mentioned - Altima, Accord and Acura TL, you simply can't go wrong. Good luck!!
  • kkj1961kkj1961 Member Posts: 3
    Got quotes on these two models from a St. Louis dealer. I was thinking about a 2.5SL with connection package, but the dealer has a 3.5SE w/Leather package demo that is tempting. What do you think of these quotes and what are the pluses/minuses of going with a demo?

2007 ALTIMA 2.5 S 4DR AUTO, PRECISION GREY, CHARCOAL

MSRP
    BASE $20,300
    ABS $300
    CONNECTION PKG $1,200
    FLOOR MATS $170
    SPLASH GUARDS $130
    SL PACKAGE $3,850
    Freight Charge $615
    Total $26,565
    quoted price $25,100.00

2007 ALTIMA 3.5 SE 4DR AUTO
    MAJESTIC BLUE, BLOND

MSRP
    BASE $24,500
    ALUMINUM KICK PLA $170
    FLOOR MATS $170
    LEATHER PACKAGE $2,700
    SPLASH GUARDS $130
    VDC $900
    Freight Charge $615
    Total $29,185
    Quoted price $26500.00

Dealer's prices include paint sealant and fabric guard at no additional charge.

$25,100 is about what I've been getting for a quote on the 2.5SL. Is the $26.5 a decent deal on the 3.5SE w/Leather pkg demo?
  • chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    Thanks! that does clarify a lot, Nissan needs to clean up the option process IMHO. For me the basic list I require includes at least a V-6, 6MT, Leather, Dual Zone Climate Control and Nav. The only cars that really hit that mark under 30k is the Accord EX-L at ~25k + TTL and now the Altima hopefully near your price of ~29k + TTL. 4k is a lot for push button start and bluetooth, but I yet to drive either car but I imagine the Honda drives like the TL, which is awesome. I can live without bluetooth, as I rarely touch the phone while I am driving....but if someone calls I would like the option to answer without any distraction(I never go past 10 seconds on a call when I am driving) and finish the call as fast as possible. As far as the VDC, the Accord has VSC standard on the EX V-6 models.

One other requirement I have is relaxed freeway cruising, which tosses out the infinity G35. Right now we have 2 Nissans, a 01 Sentra and my 98 Maxima SE, both with manuals. Both run high RPM on the freeway which is annoying in the Sentra, and wastes gas in the Maxima. Although the VQ is an awesome motor, 3300 rpm for 30-45 minutes a day has got to take a toll on the engine life. I do plan to move to shorten my commute, but for now I have to drive 50 miles a day. By my calculations, the Accord and Altima should achieve about 2750 RPM at my target speed. Even with all that said, no dealer in my area has either car with this equipment list, let alone a color I like, so it may be a moot point.
    Again, thanks for your imput! :D
  • under9hellunder9hell Member Posts: 4
    a dealer is giving me 21,175 OTD for a 2007 Altima 2.5S CVT with convenience package, ABS, floor mats, splash guards. This is his first quote, no dealing yet. Do you think this is a good price? I live in TX so sale tax is like 6.25%.
  • elena77elena77 Member Posts: 6
    The invoice for altima with the options you listed is about 21,070. You could easily go at least couple of hundreeds under invoice. Here is a break down of invoice prices:

Base $19,037
    ABS $260
    Convenience Package $911
    Floor Mats $132
    Splash Guards $106
    Freight charge $625
    oh 21,070 is OTD price, includes TTL and all fees. I'm asking for free aluminum kick plates or a rear spoiler if possible.
  • j3flyerj3flyer Member Posts: 15
    We purchased the Altima 2.5S CVT with exact options. Listed $22,575. First dealer offer to me was $20,000 with the current $500 rebate applied. Over the phone, I countered with $19,400 and opt'd for the 2.9% at 60 months. Bottom line, paid $19,850 OTD. Second dealership with same car could only go $20,249. Keep in mind that dealers are clearing out their '07s before the arrival of the new '08s. July is typically the month to get a good deal on what will become a year old model with arrival of the new models. By the way, this is a great car. Buy it!
  • elmoblatch2elmoblatch2 Member Posts: 2
    We just started looking tonight and may go to make a deal tomorrow. We checked out the reviews from other owners on Edmunds and most folks seemed very happy.

The wife likes white for a color, I think it will be too hard to keep clean.

I sat in the back seat and head roon was a little crampt, but then I am 6'3" so I guess that's OK.

I am going to read the other posts here and hope a few night owls will respond in the mean time. Thanks in advance.
  • fundukisfundukis Member Posts: 2
    Hello everybody. It is already two weeks as my wife drives her Altima 2007 2.5S with: CVT, SL package, ABS brakes, , splash guards, and floor/trunk mats and she loves it. First of all big thank to zink88, whose detailed report opened my eyes on many different things. It was my “bible”.
    My target was OTD price of $25,000/$25,100, which I thought was a fair price to pay. I came to this price after doing some research and negotiations. I used the same strategy as zink88 with the difference that I used Edmunds.com to e-mail my requests to the dealers around NYC. My price was matched by Pine Belt Nissan of Keyport in NJ.
    I had two better offers but the guys over there sounded too pushy and did not have my color in their inventory.
    My break down is as follows:
    Price of the car: $22,361 with the above mentioned options.
    Destination charge: $625
    Taxes on both: $1925.08 (NYC tax 8.375%).
    Doc fee: $95
    Registration fee: $100
    Total OTD price: $25,106.08
    Could it be better? May be, but I am happy with this price and the conditions.
    My credit allowed me to finance the whole price of the car with 0.7% for 36 months. This financing cost me only $271.76 in interest charges over the 3-year life of the loan. Monthly payment: $704.94. Luckily I have those $25,106.08. I already put it in a separate account (with automatic monthly withdrawals) which gives me now 5.05%. The interest should cover those $271.76 plus give me some profit, which if deducted from the price will give me true cost of the car at the end of the third year.
    A bit of negative stuff. Visited Bay Ridge Nissan in Brooklyn. Signed a contract with them, and at the last moment they wanted more money over the contracted price. Refused to pay, tore the contract and left. Same stuff with Nissan of Staten Island. They also wanted more money over the contracted price. I refused to pay and they refused to return my deposit ($500). I absolutely did not have any doubts that my credit card company will get my money back. And they did it in just two weeks. These TWO employ very bad and deceptive practices. If possible stay away from those crooks.
    Summary:
    Get quotes from many dealerships. Read carefully their responses. It is easy to distinguish between serious and BS offers/responses.
    Try not to leave any deposit. If they insist on a deposit, pay with a credit card.
    Know your credit history in advance to exclude any surprises.
    I had very pleasant experience with the guys from Pine Belt. I came to Pine Belt only once. Everything was negotiated via e-mail and I made couple of phone calls on the day I picked up the car. It was only one unexpected turn. The car they showed to me had 110 miles and one of the compartment lids was broken. I did not like this. No problem – they brought another car (same color) with 7 miles on odometer and of course everything worked fine. I would suggest you call in advance and ask about mileage and the rest.
  • elmoblatch2elmoblatch2 Member Posts: 2
    Signed the papers this afternoon for a 2007 Altima S.

After reviewing package options, we decided to go with the base model, with only ABS & floor mats.

MSRP was $21,400, sale price was $19,990. Was able to get a good value for our trade and got them to add paint protectant and fabric guard for $400.

I have dealt with this dealer and this salesman before so the fit was good. Only two dealers in town son there was not a lot of shopping around to do.

Going for 2.9% over 60 months. By the time we factor in gas savings, monthly cost is $50 less than the Subaru Forest we drive now.

Different cars...AWD on the Subaru vs. better MPG on the Altima. Salesman says we can pick it up Monday night.

Sounds like a good deal to us...what do others think.
    hey guys, I don't know how is the extended warranty from nissanextendedwarranty.com work.
    The new car has 36 months/36 000 miles warranty. So if I buy 48 months/60 000 miles from the website, will it become 84 months/ 96 000 miles total ?
    The dealer is asking me $1560 for extended warranty up to 100 000 miles, is it a good price? Can I negotiate on this?

Thank you
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    The mileage and month figures are extensions on factory warranties, not additions so it does not become 84mo/96000 miles.

Fyi Honda is one of the few nameplates that allows dealerships to competitively sell their hondacare warranty online. Sites such as myhondawarranty.com sell the 8yr/120kmi hondacare warranty for about $800 and change for the Accord, meaning your $1500 figure for less is unimpressive.

Regardless at some point the warranty becomes uneconomic, and you should skip it.

Good Luck
    --jjf

hey guys, I don't know how is the extended warranty from nissanextendedwarranty.com work.
    The new car has 36 months/36 000 miles warranty. So if I buy 48 months/60 000 miles from the website, will it become 84 months/ 96 000 miles total ?
    The dealer is asking me $1560 for extended warranty up to 100 000 miles, is it a good price? Can I negotiate on this?

Thank you
  • newaltimaownernewaltimaowner Member Posts: 3
    I bought the exact same car (same color combo, same options) from Nissa Kia of Union City for $23,824 + TTT this weekend. Looks like we both got great deals.
  • newaltimaownernewaltimaowner Member Posts: 3
    I just bought this car two days ago, but it has blonde interior instead of charcoal. I live in Atlanta, and they had to get the car from a dealership in South Carolina. They also had a few in Alabama. I guess it just depends on your area.
  • sid8sid8 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy for CASH a 2007 Altima 2.5 with Convenience Package, CVT and ABS.
    So, I e-mailed 3 NJ dealers from EDMUNDS and got OTD prices of $24,079 from RamseyNissan, $23,483 from EastCoast and $22,949 from GardenStateNissan.

These prices include 7% Sales Tax, DMV Chg, Doc Fees, Finance Fee and Tire fee, minus $500 rebate.

I've seen much better OTD prices posted on this site.
    I live in NJ. How or where can I go to negotiate a better price? What should I expect to pay?

Thanks in advance...Sid.
  • thoughtconthoughtcon Member Posts: 2
    Try nissan.openroad.com or nissan world. you can get the car for $18.5K + TTL, don't pay the doc fees.
  • 12bdriving12bdriving Member Posts: 24
    Just finalized my deal, paying $26,378 with 2.9% financing for a 07 3.5SL in Precision Grey in Saint Paul, MN. Looked at the SE package, decided to go with the SL because if I want to pimp my wheels later, I can...but with all the highway driving I do, I'd rather start with a smoother ride.

The dealer I worked with, Kline in White Bear, was willing to work with me. Wayzata Nissan actually was $100 less, but was more out of the way. Morrie's didn't want to deal as much...

Had an Accord V6 EX-L with Navigation for 24,384 but they didn't have nearly the financing deals so my payment on the Nissan is actually lower, for a car that is $2000 more...
  • kshaw1kshaw1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - We are looking to buy a new 2007 Altima and so far have gotten pretty dissapointing prices - reanging from 25K ++

Can you tell me where you got the deal for 20,600?? Was this with the MoonRoof?

Thank you!
    Karen
  • kannikanwokannikanwo Member Posts: 19
    Hi all, decided to go for the 2007 although no doubt the 2008s will be out soon. However, I wanted the tech package and that is a bit hard to find in the Bay Area although more inventory seems to have come in in the last week.

My price was invoice+$450 which came out to $31K+TTL+tax. Got it through Connell Nissan, Oakland, through the female Internet Manager. I think this is a good price (given the hard to get tech package)and got good service.
    20,600 is about what you'll pay for the stripper model with the 2.5 liter engine. If that all your looking for and don't want the bells and whistles, just order one.
  • mjs5mjs5 Member Posts: 4
    I helped my 2 daughters each buy a new Altima about a month ago here in Northeast Pennsylvania. They bought the exact same car...except for the color. Each was an automatic, 2.5 with the SL package(moonroof, leather etc). Also had the splash guards and something else minor that I cant remember. The sticker was 25,525(might be a few bucks off cant remember exactly) and we got them for 23,100, (or a couple hundred under invoice) plus the 2.9% financing which really helped.
    I also got basically the same price from Carsdirect.com. They were easy to deal with but the kids were more comfortable dealing with a local dealer so we went that direction Perosnally I would have no problem with carsdirect.com if they had the best price for you.
  • phongkiemphongkiem Member Posts: 1
    I am quoted $24,060 OTD for the SL ALtima from a gettle nissan in florida. Is this a good deal? We have 7% tax rate in our county. Please help soon. I want to get the car tomorrow, CASH. Thank You!
    It's hard to say, you don't list the engine size, transmission, or what other options are on the car. But, for a 2.5 SL with cvt 24k OTD sounds fairly good. your not getting a steal at that price, but your not overpaying either
  • mcarlo024mcarlo024 Member Posts: 4
    Recently started negotiations for a Demo 07' 2.5S with the following options: Conv. Package, Mud Flaps, mats, Spoiler, Fog Lights and have them at at 21,206 not including TTL.. I could only get them to drop 500 for the 2800 miles that the Demo has as they say if it has not been titled, it still is considered a new CAr ;-( I am trading in an 02' 3.5SE, Pewter, with ABS, moon roof, mud guards, rear spoiler and wind deflector as factory options.. Car has 42,000 miles and is in clean, not excellent condition.. It needs front tires and two non accident dents to be pushed out... KBB trade-in in good condition states 10,730 and edmunds TMV in Clean condition is 11,828.. The through at me the Ole "We use Galves crap and said it's only worth 8,000" but their offer is at 10,500 for it... How that sound to ya's? can I do Better...

Thanks for your time,
    NJ's Mcarlo24
  • 12bdriving12bdriving Member Posts: 24
    can I ask you why you aren't going for another 3.5? Hope the experience with it were okay...

In regards to the trade in, I found a lot of dealers are staying right around the KBB...also try blackbookonline, one dealer basically had me grade out my vehicle, and was willing to pay whatever it generated after confirming it...
  • torrent75torrent75 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the advise on this forum. I recently sent email to all Phoenix area Nissan dealerships and asked for their best price OTD on the following car:

Model Nissan Altima 2.5S 4 dr Sedan (2.5L, 4 cyl, CVT).
    Transmission Automatic (CVT)
    Color Super Black
    Interior Charcoal
    Options Anti-lock braking, Floor Mats and Trunk Mat without Trunk Floor Hooks

The quotes I have gotten back range from $21,293.38 to $22,756 OTD. I have one dealership offering free window tint, wheel locks, clear door edge guards, and one free oil change but their price is coming in at $21,549. Any ideas on the value of these "freebies"? Any suggestions for round two on my counteroffers back to these dealers ? I'd appreciate any feedback.
  • mcarlo024mcarlo024 Member Posts: 4
    12bdriving-- Thanks for the response and the help with the trade in... As far as not going with the 3.5, this is the Wifey's car and she doesn't really need the 270 ponies... It was part of our deal that in order to get the New Car in 2002 that we get the 3.5SE for me ;-) We did price the 2007 3.5SE but it was to High for us and the fact that the 2007 2.5S's have Dual LOOKING exhaust and the spoiler option, hey it looks great..

Mcarlo24
  • mikezakmikezak Member Posts: 95
    Purchased my Altima 2.5 S with Convenience Pkg, ABS, Spoiler, Floor Mats, Door Guards, Mud Flaps -- $200 under Invoice. Dealer (Luther Nissan) also threw in Oil Changes for 4 years. Great Experience.

BTW -- Love the car. First Nissan I have owned. Gas Mileage has been RIGHT ON (26 / 35),...only 1000 so not even broken in.