Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rascalloverascallove Member Posts: 28
    I picked up a 2002 ALTIMA 3.5 SE AUTO after taxes and etc (on the road price) for $28,000 was it a good offer?
    these are the options I go it with:
    Leather
    bose speakers
    heat seats
    wind deflector
    microfilter
    splash guards
    all season carpet
    6disc cd changer
    foglights
    AUTOMATIC
  • tpg5tpg5 Member Posts: 3
    Came basic with side sills, splash guards, and micro filter. added black charcoal aftermarket leather, wanted two tone, but the dealer wanted more for it, oh well and added a factory spoiler...paid $ 25,175 included TTL. Love it, all i need to do is tint the window with platinum plus tint, since the color of the car is silver.
  • altimaowner33altimaowner33 Member Posts: 1
    I paid $23,300 before tax and tags for my 2003 SL. Options included: Sunroof, ABS and Airbags, Floormats, Splash Guards, Incabin Microfilter. MSRP: $25,424.
  • wewawewa Member Posts: 1
    Did anyone purchase this car? How much did you paid for?
  • sconstantinesconstantine Member Posts: 1
    My husband also gets the VPP discount. He works for BP Pipeline NA and they are suppliers to Nissan. At the first dealership I went to they said the price was $100 over invoice. Trouble was, "invoice" did not match Edmunds.com invoice although MSRP did. In fact the price would have been $200 above TMV, so I tried another dealer. MSRP was $28,283, invoice was $25,563 and I paid $25,164. I purchased 3.5SE,Leather Package, Bose Audio, Sunroof w/deflector, ABS/Sideairbags/TCS, Side and Rear Splashguards, Floormats, Microfilter, and , Color Pewter. The dealership was great, honest and quick. I would always pick my car and then shop dealership. Love my car.
  • ljmasdfghljmasdfgh Member Posts: 1
    I just drove out of a lot with a Nissan 2.5S with auto and no adders other than the factory required adders of floormat, splashguards, and micro filter fo $17,995 plus $50 doc fee and of course on top of that sales tax and registration.

It's just your basic 2.5S with automatic, air, keyless, cd. Thats about $300 less than a Camry LEor $800 under an Accord LX.

Bought it at a lot on the North side of Dayton OH using an ad from a place on the South side of town advertising it for that price. They hemmed and hawwed and asked if I couldn't give them a bit more. I wouldn't. But I also didn't feel like there was any better deal to be had.

My last concern - the plastics on the interiors was answered when I drove by the rental car place and observed they were buying Altima's. They aren't going to buy something that is old or that won't hold up.
  • colie74colie74 Member Posts: 42
    with leather sport package, abs/side airbag package, side sill/guards and floor mats...$45 over invoice! And it's a hard car to find being MT an all.

I pick it up in a couple weeks.

Did it all via email with an internet sales guy at the dealer. No hassle, very easy way to go!

Nicole
  • rberardrberard Member Posts: 22
    To klevay - Did they ever find an Altima with the ABS and convenience package for you. I got a quote for an Altima with those features from them. Are they still manufacturing the 03's? I'm wondering if they will make more with the ABS package because they don't have very many on the lots with it. I have a few months before I will actually need this car but I am wondering if I better aggressively look for one now. I know there will be better deals later in the year but if they don't have what I want left in stock I may be out of luck. Is it hard to find the Altima 2.5S with the ABS package in all parts of the country?
  • scottdudescottdude Member Posts: 177
    I just recently added the Altima to my short list of possible cars to purchase. Edmunds says that Nissan is offering 1.9% financing for 60 months. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Nissan has ever offered cash rebates on Altima's yet, and if so, how much? If they have in the past, I might wait a little longer to see if they do so again.
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Nissan has never offered cash back on the new Altima.
  • altima03slaltima03sl Member Posts: 2

SL plus ABS/Side airbag and Roof. No spoiler or fog lights.

1.9 APR, 2000 down plus my remaining lease so after everything is paid off in 4 years.
    Total 25570. Includes taxes and title etc...

about 400 dollars over MSRP. Not bad for including taxes. I basically saved around 2K if I bought it when the economy was good and the APRs were 5ish...
  • grogman1grogman1 Member Posts: 76
    Which dealer did you go to? I'm looking to buy the same model you got - would like to get the aftermarket leather though - did the dealer make any mention of installing the aftermarket leather?? I'm located in Washington Township(Centerville). Thanks!
  • altima03slaltima03sl Member Posts: 2
    VOB Nissan in ROckville, MD. Go thru the internet manager.IT came with leather.
  • ultimaultima Member Posts: 96
    I JUST got a flyer in the mail... Glendale Nissan (here in Los Angeles, Calif. area 1-800-808-6188) are advertising 50% OFF MSRP for Altimas that were "hail damaged".

If you figure most people who bought a loaded 3.5 SE paid around $28k -- that car can now be had for $14k. Dump even $4000 into a new paint job and body work and you STILL come out ahead.

Flyer even states, "We will Pay Off Your Trade no matter how much you owe, if we make a deal."

I wonder how bad the damage really is? If anyone checks this out -- post what you find...
  • tomn3tomn3 Member Posts: 5
    Sutherlin Nissan in Merritt Island Fl has a pile of hail damaged cars also.
    The signs on the cars were not 1/2 off MSRP. Only a few thousand.
    Most had varying degrees of damage to the flat surfaces.
    I can see 1/2 off then get a new hood and trunk, but what do you do with the roof? Will it ever look right?
  • aftyafty Member Posts: 499
    The "we'll pay off your trade no matter how much you owe" bit is a big red flag IMO. I'd be very careful in dealing with that dealership. Remember, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • vwsucks1vwsucks1 Member Posts: 11
    Quirk in Quincy, MA is offering, 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5S including, splash guard, micro filter, am/fm cd stereo, A/C, compass mirror, power locks and windows, keyless entry for $16,999. Is this a good price?
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    The only thing i didnt get is a good deal on the rate got 6.2%. Anybody know where i can get something less?

6.2% is a good rate. The average rate at my store on new cars 8.9%..............
  • paula0612paula0612 Member Posts: 12
    Hello, i will soon be purchasing the SL model and around here the final window sticker price is $26,132.00 with all the extra stuff that i want included. in the end, what should i actually end up paying for this car to know that the dealer gave me a pretty good deal. i do know that they usually knock off a certain percent from that amount but is there anything else i should try to have taken off? thank you for any help you can give me. Paula
  • rainbowfarmrainbowfarm Member Posts: 59
    Does anyone know when the 04s will be in Canada, and has anyone gotten a decent price on the $29,xxx. SL in Canada?

Gorgeous car. My alternative to spending $39,500 on a Murano (and I get leather on the Altima).
  • harry013harry013 Member Posts: 8
    Just bought mine today with micro filter, splash guards and floor mats, nothing else. MSRP per Edmunds + $540 destination fee = $19876. Invoice with the destination fee = $18588. I requested quote thru internet and was offered $100 over invoice with the total "out the door cost" of $18594 plus sales tax & tags. I went to the local dealer whos best undetailed offer had been $18905. He essentially matched if I would buy today (which I was prepared to do as it was my 2nd visit). Total $18600 "out the door" plus sales tax and tags. When it went to the finance office they calculated payments. As credit was good I was offer 0.9% for 36 months. He started quoting what a great low rate and low overall interest over 36 months etc. I then questioned him as to what was the total I was financing. Thats when I spotted the $349 "delivery charge". Hold it, I was told "out the door" cost of $18600. He declared no knowledge of this as this is a "standard" charge. The salesmen was called and he fessed up and went to the front desk to straighten things out....which he did. Be very careful as with all the fast talking, I almost financed an additional $349 "standard" charge which was nothing more than additional income to dealer. Despite the games, I got my price, got my interest rate, and got a car I love. Many thanks to Edmunds for all the helpful tips which were invaluable. Harry
  • vwsucks1vwsucks1 Member Posts: 11
    That is a good price if it was an automatic. I just bought Altima 2.5S, with floor mats, micro-filter, splash guards, mirror with compass and temp, and it is a manual transmission for $17,000. The dealership wanted $18,700 for the automatic even though the MSRP was $300 more than the manual shift. So far we are very happy with it. Much better the the Jetta we got rid of. I'll never buy another VW.
  • ndeguyndeguy Member Posts: 3
    Here are the particulars...
    Polished Pewter 2.5 SL, ABS Air Bag PKG, 5 piece floor mat set, power glass sunroof, side sill and rear splash guards, in cabin microfilter. With destination charge of $540 the MSRP was $25,784. Paid $24,091 after they added the wheel well protectors and a dual black pinstripe kit. Had a heck of a time finding one equipped the way I wanted in the Seattle area. It had to be this color and had to have ABS brakes and side air bags package, which I think is called the Option A package. Couldn't care less about a sunroof but dealer looked two months out and nothing like it without the sunroof. You get it sold to you whether you want it or not, I suppose unless you ordered the car from scratch. Also has the automatic trans... BTW, but I don't think you can get an SL without an automatic. It's an absolutely gorgeous car with the sill trim and the splash guards and the pin striping really sets off the look as well. First impressions... don't get the V6, (I didn't) it's almost dangerous due to the excessive torque steer. Darn near put it into a Jersey barricade on a test drive accelerating around a corner from a stop light when I punched it. Hey, it was a test drive, OK. You gotta push it to find this stuff out. Salesman was white knuckled and I'm sure unimpressed. Didn't buy from him anyway... he kept pushing the hail damaged fleet he had in the back lot and man were they damaged! Even had dents in the sides of the doors! What a joke. Anyway... the 2.5 has gobs of power. Bose stereo is awesome. Has a little more road noise than I expected and the steering is touchy cruising at 70+ on the interstate highway. Hard to relax. You actually have to pay attention to driving, but this may be due to having to get used to it. Did an 1800 mile, two day trip in a 2003 Buick Park Avenue rental last summer and you could drive it while sleeping... beautiful highway cruiser and super quiet. Had to put that in for you old fogies looking for a cruiser... Let's see, what else... Fit up on the door armrests leaves a little to be desired. Don't know why the fit is so bad, but it looks like a two piece design of molded plastic that just doesn't quite fit together. Minor point but you notice it right away. Seats are very comfortable. It's quite roomy for 4 and 5 wouldn't be too bad as long as they aren't big people. Other thing is it has like VERY little headroom and I'm only 5'9" tall. Only has about two inches of clearance, if that... Could be annoying if you are a tall person. I'm used to my '94 Quest where you have about a foot. Again maybe sedans are like that these days, I don't know since I haven't had a sedan since 1975. That's about it for the first 250 miles... havent' even checked the gas mileage yet. Will do that tomorrow. Oh, I forgot to add that I came within about a hair's breadth of pulling the trigger on a VW Passat. Had actually told the Nissan dealer I had decided on the Passat. Then... I started looking on the internet regarding VW's and Passats in particular. Got some really vocal people regarding the VWs on the net. The 7/8/04 JD Powers reliability study results did it for me though. The VWs ranked way below avereage... down there with the Kia etc. Nissan was above average... VWs can be VERY, no, make that hideously expensive to repair. One guy said his 2K Passat had the tranny go out and it was out of warranty and it couldn't be repaired and had to be replaced instead... are you sitting down? $10,000!! I think I'd just shoot myself instead.
    Kiplinger's Magazine did a story on car buying sometime back. The bottom line was if you can buy a car at 5% less than the MSPR you have a pretty good deal. Some people may get more, some less but on average it's a reasonable figure according to them. friend of my just bought a new BMW 530 and got 3.4% off MSRP and he said normal for the Bmers is about 3%. The Altima I bought was 6.6% off MSRP. Hope this helps.
    Do these things really mean anything? The ones I've seen in the last few weeks were just computer print outs showing the MSRP and the "dealer cost". You could gin one of those things up in under 5 mins, even if you couldn't type. I don't put a whole lot of stock in them... "Mr. Salesman, could I see the factory invoice?" "Sure, sonny..." "Hey Joe, whip me up a 4 percenter for an Altima, would ya..." "I'll have that for you in a few minutes... why don't you and your lovely wife help yourselves to some of our free coffee while you are waiting."
  • valli2valli2 Member Posts: 10
    Too many choices for one person to make.Help. I have researched like crazy and it's making me crazy. What price should I pay, in New York State for a Nissan Altima 3.5 with leather and ABS and traction? Should I even get it at all? OR should I get the 2.5 with same? Oh my! What to do. What to pay. Thanks
  • paula0612paula0612 Member Posts: 12
    Hello, i will soon be purchasing the 2003 Nissan Altima SL model which has a msrp of $26,132.00. the dealer offered me a price of $24,388.00. he said this was only $350.00 over dealer invoice. does this sound good or should i try to haggle more off? please help Paula
  • entrrtentrrt Member Posts: 13
    none of local nissan dealers around here have any 5 spd. SE's?!! and...i live in orlando,fl. what the heck?! i want to have control of all those 240 ponies!! anyone else have any problems finding a 5 spd. SE model?? thanks!
  • lmp180psulmp180psu Member Posts: 399
    You would have control over 245 hp not 240, even better!! Good Luck.
    yeah!! point taken! wish me luck!
  • ramped1ramped1 Member Posts: 159
    Check Universal on the Trail. I believe I saw several SE manuals there when I did a dealer search from the Nissan site on Wednesday.
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Yes, they are rare, a friend of mine has not been able to locate one here in central MASS.
    ive been talking to universal this week and they dont have any SE 5spd.'s. they also said they "couldn't locate an SE 5 spd.. i bet if i was there in person they would find me one asap! as far as the online inventory...i was looking at ferman nissan(tampa) and thier online inventory of altimas are ALL 5 spds.'s....it had to have been a misprint. i emailed them about it, but havent heard back yet.
    really? they are rare? the thing that tee's me off is that the 5spd. is the STANDARD trans., NOT the auto !! i want to row my own gears, thank you! i am still holding out for one, though.
  • mzieglermziegler Member Posts: 2
    I was looking for a used 2000 Altima (GXE or SE), the tricky part was trying to find a 5 speed in Connecticut. Auto was out of the question.
    Anyway, long story short - I found two examples, started a bidding war between the two dealers that had them, and finally settled on one for $9000 (Under $10k out the door).
    -2000 Altima GXE
    -Alloy wheel/Sport suspension pkg.
    -Premium audio pkg. (cd + tape)
    -Emerald metalic paint
    -Nissan Certified
    -40,000 miles
    The original asking price on this car was $11,995... so I think I got a fair turn. It had sat on the dealer's lot for some time, so they were VERY negotiable.
    I spent about a month researching cars to find out what make/model I wanted, and about two weeks searching/negotiating, so I certainly worked for my deal. Always walk away at LEAST once!
  • mzieglermziegler Member Posts: 2
    Don't fall for that window vin etching BS!
  • retiredguyretiredguy Member Posts: 67
    Please explain your caution about window etching..TIA
  • tapiatapia Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to get an Altima and the guy at the dealership is adding $147 for "vin etching." I would also like to know what the story is on this.
  • ramped1ramped1 Member Posts: 159
    What mziegler is referring to is the dealer's overcharge for the window etching service. Even though some states require it, you can do it yourself by purchasing a kit either online or at an auto parts stores. The kit is, I believe, around $20 and the process is simple.
  • retiredguyretiredguy Member Posts: 67
    I had the etching done May 1, 2003 on a Ford Focus wagon for $50. They didn't do the windows that would be broken in a theft attempt.
  • aireginairegin Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the board and a new Altima shopper. I'm hoping to have a 2.5s auto w/convenience pkg soon. I'm also hoping that someone here can verify that I have been offered a couple of good deals.
       I have a rough trade-in, a '91 Bmw 525i with a ton of miles. $1353 is the listed trade-in value.
       The first out the door price was for an '03 2.5 with nothing but A/C: $18,487.
      The second out-the-door price was for the '03 2.5s w/convenience package, sidesill & splash guards, 5 pc floor carpet and trunk mat, and microfilter: $20,500 The salesman suggested that the convenience plus (sunroof) on the above car would be: $21,500.
       These include my trade-in, are on new cars, and out-the-door meaning me waving goodbye as I drive off the lot.
       Thank you for any advice you may have.....
  • unkownuserunkownuser Member Posts: 23
    The six-cylinder SE model, barely any additional options (flaps, moonroof, mats), no leather, standard single CD/no cassette. Sticker price was some change over $25K. Paid $22.7K (not counting tax & title), I figure maybe one or two hundred south of invoice.
  • onebigswedeonebigswede Member Posts: 2
    i have to get a new car this week and i am in love with the altima. Here is the question - is this a good price?

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5S
    $18,545.00
    silver .9% financing
    micro filter, 5 pic mats, splash guards?

email me with suggestions: onebigswede@hotmail.com
  • scobbyd22scobbyd22 Member Posts: 3
    I put a lot of time and effort into figuring out a fair price for a SE 3.5 Altima 2004. It was funny to see just how many dealerships were trying to rip me off. Anyway, I did searches on a few sites and edmunds is pretty close with invoice pricing. So, after a few hours of fighting I got my new 3.5 Altima 2004 for $22,400 out the door. I think I could of gotten another 250-400 off but it wasn't happening at the dealership I was at. Has anyone had better luck then me? I like my Altima, anyone having any problems?

Thanks,

D
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Curious-where are you located/what options does your 3.5SE have?

~alpha
  • gsemikegsemike Member Posts: 2,277
    That does sound like a good price. What equipment do you have?
  • tmnjalttmnjalt Member Posts: 19
    It's impossible to know if you got a good deal -
    is it auto or manual ? what options ?? what is your definition of out the door ??
  • heinz57heinz57 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2004 paid 24,900 automatic w/ leather package and ABS/ air bags/ and Traction control system ... is this comparable?

Also bought gld premium extented warrenty 72/1000 for 1,300 ....???
  • jheinz57jheinz57 Member Posts: 2
    After doing some more checking I found that the 24,900 couldn't be matched by anyone else, so I was happy about that. However what I did find was that the extended warranty that you can purchase through Nissan varies greatly in cost from dealer to dealer. I went back to the dealer and told him to cancel the Gold premium warranty from the contract since he wanted $1,300 and I found it through another dealer for $775. He decided to match the price. Amazing what these dealers will do when you push them.
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    I wish you the best with your new Altima...I hope to get a 2005 sometime in March when they come out.

Again, congrats