Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• strikemanstrikeman Member Posts: 18
    I made a mistake with Invoice. I clicked on the 2.5S with Manual by mistake. Invoice is $20928 - $750 rebate (at that time).

So, the details of my deal -

'08 2.5S with CVT & Convinience package
    $20928 Invoice
    I got it for $19000 + $1400 in TTL & fees = $20400 OTD

Price incl Recent Grad disc + $750 rebate for year end. I think Nissan has set rebate to $1000 now.
    folks, i made a mistake with Invoice. I accidentaly clicked on 2.5S with Manual. Invoice for 2.5S with CVT & COnvinience package is $20928 - $750 rebate (at that time).

My deal was the same though - $19000 + $1400 odd in TTL incl $750 rebate + $500 grad disc. I decided to forgo the $750 though so I got 2.9% APR for 60months. Unless u are paying cash, the lower financing is better.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    How did you get it for $19,000?

I felt good to get mine for $20,193 and an odd number of cents..

From my calculations, after holdback, the dealer paid $20,600ish for the car, so even for me they took a $400 loss; for you that would have been a $900 loss. (once the rebate is factored back in)
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    $23,500 + TTL. The price does include the rebate.

MSRP is $26,955, Invoice is $24,880. It has the sports package, floor mats w/hooks, emergency aid package and splash guards.

How's the price? Thanks.
    Seems like a good price; if you can get it for below invoice, then you're doing rather well.

Most dealers around here in Nashville tend to be hovering around the invoice or invoice minus a hundred dollars mark...
  • kannadigakannadiga Member Posts: 4
    For a 2008 Altima auto, 2.5 S, with convenience plus, floor mats, splash guards, i am getting a quote for $ 21409 without the rebate , (going for the financing).

Is this a good quote?

Thanks!
  • vvoitovvoito Member Posts: 4
    No, I didn't get the connection package. $23,353 is a very good deal if you go with special financing instead of $750 rebate.
  • vvoitovvoito Member Posts: 4
    I guess it's not a bad deal, but I know they can do better than that. Edmunds.com has a calculator that tells you if it's better to go with the rebate or the special financing.
    This price includes the sunroof and alloy wheels, right?

If it is, then its a pretty good price. Although I would maybe try to squeeze another $100, but its not bad to begin with.

I'd go for it if its exactly what you wanted.
  • kirizillkirizill Member Posts: 10
    I was just interested in the prices that 3.5SE buyers are getting. I thought about it and I would rather pay an extra $20 per month for a 3.5 liter engine. Anyone buying the 3.5?

BTW strikeman it was a 2008 2.5CVT with 8.25% tax from cali. Was an over the phone quote so im sure I can get better.
  • kannadigakannadiga Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply! that helps!
  • sungawdsungawd Member Posts: 5
    Hello Everyone,

I am in FL at a total tax rate of 6.5% and looking at three options. I need some other opinions please, as I am caught between what to do.

I have 15,300ish in straight cash. To cover the difference in either purchase I will have to take out a small loan.

Option #1

A local dealer has offered me a Nissan Altima 2007 2.5 S, Auto, 19,000 miles, for 17,740 OTD ( Tax, Title, Reg, Dealer Fee, etc included in the price).

Option #2 I try and purchase a Nissan Altima 2008 2.5 S, Auto for a Unknown amount yet. I've been reading these boards and the lowest one in FL I found I believe was for roughly 20,880 OTD, round up 21,000.

Option #3 A local dealer has four 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Conven Package, standard options, ZERO miles, brand new leftover still at 21,000ish. I have not contacted them yet but would they be selling these for a major discount since were already in 2008? Or no? I've done research but didn't see how they would price a 2007 2.5 S brand new, that is still on the lot with brand new 2008's on it.

They have four of them left, but listed at 21,000ish. Mentioned above, would these cars sell for 17.5k 18k (price of the car, w/o tax title, dealer fee, etc) or am I dreaming?

Should I go for the 2007 with the 19k miles or spend $4,000 more for a 2008, meaning I take a loan out for 6,000.

Or should I seek out prices for one of the four 2007 brand new 2.5s on the lot?

Many Thanks,

:confuse:
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    1. If money is an issue, I think this is the best option. It's decent price for a used '07 as long as the car never been in the body shop.

2. If you have $$.

3. I doubt you can get a new '07 w/ Conven Package for 18K + TTL (that's over 3K under invoice). You might be able to get the one w/o Conven Package for 18K +TTL.
    Option 1: I would probably skip this one; for a little bit more, you can get a brand new one.

Option 2: If you want the base model, I would aim for the $19,400-$19,500 mark before taxes, title, and plates. Add $900 for the Convenience Package.

Option 3: I would aim for an additional $1000 or $1500 discount on the leftover 2007s, but its a little bit optimistic. (additional discount is off of the 2008 prices)

If you choose Option 1, I'd pay cash. For Options 2 and 3, I would take the 1.9%/2.9% APR in lieu of the $1000 cashback, and put the $15,000 in cash in a CD earning 4% interest...

If you go w/ a 2007, make sure it has ABS. ABS was not standard until the 2008 model year.
  • good_dealguy1good_dealguy1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello!!

I was shopping around for a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL with SL & Connection package, i got the invoice price at 24,700 in and around San Jose(California) minus 1000$ (rebate), so it is coming to 23,700. Could you please let me know how low can i negotiate with the dealer or how low could the dealer go. I am not really sure,

Appreciate your help.
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    That's a decent price. I think it's possible to lower the price by about another $500. Offer the person $22,700 for the car and see what happens. Chances are they will reduce the price a bit more, even if it wasn't by $500.
  • good_dealguy1good_dealguy1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks dude.... will try that out!!
  • e_thereale_thereal Member Posts: 17
    I'm getting a deal on an '08 CVT with convenience, splash, mats, kick plate for $20K.
    The MSRP is $22875. Does this sound like a decent deal. The 20K is OTD since I'm trading in a more expensive car and there are no taxes.

Thanks for your responses.

BTW I'm in Austin, Tx
  • depechekdepechek Member Posts: 3
    3.5SE CVT with splash guards and floor mats
    Houston, TX

Before negotiations, just emailing out that I am interested. My best offer so far is $22,480 plus TT+L. That is roughly about $24,109 Drive Out. Still working on a better deal. Will post final price when I pull the trigger.
  • hackdhackd Member Posts: 65
    I think it is impossible for anyone to provide feedback since no info on your trade was listed. You may want to list that info along with exact OTD breakdown.
    Hey Strikeman, if you still check these boards,

Would it be possible to email me who you worked with at Southpoint to get the price you got?

I decide for the extra 2.5k, I can get a brand new Nissan 08's Auto with Conv. The 20,400 OTD and or around that is good.

However, thoughts on this anyone for below,

At a GMC dealer I visited 2 days ago, I was looking at a USED - Nissan 08 that is sliver, Conven Package, Rear Spoiler, Tint windows, with 7,000 miles for 19,500 + TTL. The Car price itself is 18,800 but "Dealer fee is $699, unreal". Is that worth it though, say I can get them to take the car down to 18,500 + TTL? On Ebay other used 08's are 17,995 + TTL but I would have to fly to those, (roughly 400 total which pays for the plane ticket, rental car and gas for drive back, 1k miles. I haven't found any Nissan dealers that will offer the price strikeman got.

I am at a 6.5% tax rate.

I'd appreciate it if that would be possible. If you still check these boards, just reply and I'll post my email.

Thanks,
    You can look up my profile (click on the "strikeman") for my email address. I can forward the contact. I cant put contact info on the forum. Good Luck on your purchase.
    It looks like we got very similar deals. I got the car for $19k after taking the $500 recent grad discount (graduated within last 2 yrs). I dont know what the holdback is but the rebate seems to have gone from $750 when I bought to $1000 now.
    I bought my '08 2.5S CVT with convinience package in Austin, TX for $20250+TTL before rebates. Invoice for the car is $20928+TTL before rebates. I bought it from SOuth Point Nissan. You can contact me on email in my profile (click on the "strikeman") if you would like a contact.
    I"m trading in my 2005 mercedes C55 AMG for 29750. This has no bearing on the price of the Altima since I owe more on the Mercedes than what I'm receiving for the trade.
    The price of the Altima is $20k (includes 1K rebate) even plus $185 for doc, registration and title fees. There are no taxes because of the trade.
    The car msrp is $22875. This is from Town North Nissan in Austin.
    Strikeman-what was the msrp on your car?
    Email sent.

Thanks.
    The deal looks good if what you're getting on your trade in is the same as what you owe on it- other than that, its hard to tell.

$20K flat is a better deal than I got; I spent an extra $200 and didn't get the kick plates...
    Those of you who have all ready purchased a car, what APR was the dealership offering? Lowest i've gotten them to go down to is 5.9%. Anyone received anything lower? if not then what other options do I have?
    I used the 1.9% APR for 36 months offered through Nissan Motors Acceptance Corporation.

There's also 2.9% APR for 60 months, but I believe your credit has to be a certain number to qualify.

5.9% isn't bad, though, assuming you're not taking the 1/9/2.9 special APR. Banks have quoted me in the 6 and a half to 7% range when I inquired about a new car loan, making the 1.9% financing a better deal than the $750 cash back at the time.
    I ran several calculations with the quotes I received and choosing the $1,000 saves a few hundred dollars over the 1.9% APR. Also to qualify for the low APR with the 60 month finance, what type of credit score is required. I appreciate the response.
    MSRP for the car is $22355
    The dealers in Austin. TX were offering a 5.4% loan but Nissan's 2.9% for 60 worked out better than the $750 rebate when I bought the car. I had 1 or 2 pre approvals from banks in the late 6%s.
    I told my bank in Austin (UFCU) that I was getting a 4.9 % rate from NMAC ;) and asked them to match it and they did. Hence I am taking the $1K rebate from Nissan. :)
  • mirakle13mirakle13 Member Posts: 2
    Paid 17203 + TTL for a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S CVT(Automatic), Majestic Blue with Charcoal interior.
    Hello,

Can you please post the dealership name and City of where you got that deal from?

Thanks,
  • shaunteshaunte Member Posts: 3
    Got a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S w/ floor mat set and splash guards a couple of days ago. Radiant Silver w/ Charcoal cloth interior.

MSRP: 21,615
    Invoice: 20,255
    I paid: 20,400 + TTL

Not as good as some but, oh well. I'll live.

Hope I get to enjoy my Altima the next 10 years or so :D
  • tslbmwtslbmw Member Posts: 172
    Purchased a fully loaded 3.5SE yesterday, Tech pkg, splash guards, trunk/floor mats:

MSRP $32,715
    Invoice $29,895
    I took the $1000 rebate and purchase price was $29,177 (so about $282 over invoice - rebate)
    Tax 3% (VA) $922.98
    Tags, etc $48.75
    Put down $17000

After doing the calculations it was cheaper to take the $1000 vs the 2.9% for 60 mths....but only by a couple of $s. Got 5% for 60 mths thru bank.

LOVE THE CAR!
  • mirakle13mirakle13 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the late reply, the dealership is Sansone Rt 1 Nissan in Avenel. Excellent Customer Service as well.
  • dsimsdsims Member Posts: 5
    I haven't purchased a new car since 93 so I want to make sure I get the best price I can. I saw these forum and see the huge value in them. I wanted to get a 2.5s

I have trade in of 1500 and tax in my state would be about 1500. What should i consider OTD. Thank you MUCH for any help!
    Your best bet is to put down 30% down payment, and I can guarantee you that the dealership wont let you walk out the door with out a car. The higher the down payment is, the better price you get. If you're walking in there unexperienced then I would suggest you get the TMV(True Market Value) report from edmunds.com. For a 2.5s you're looking anywhere from 21k - 22.5k OTD depending on how you play your cards.

Some of these people that are getting 20k OTD prices are just lucky enough to catch the deal at the end of the month when the delearship has a sales mark to meet. Basically what i'm trying to get at, is don't walk in the dealership expecting to get what some people are getting because you never know what the factors are at play from the dealers point of view. As I said your best bet is to get the TMV report and offer a price lower then what it says, in any case they'll give you something rather that nothing.
    Depending on the equipment, I would be aiming anywhere from $20K-$22K out the door for a 2.5S.

The convenience package will add about $900-$1000 to the price of the base model; I got $20,250 for my deal, but the dealer was desperate to close the deal.

I would aim for about $100 or $200 below invoice, which is around $21,000 with the Convenience Package.
  • indianakripsindianakrips Member Posts: 7
    I paid $19,231 OTD in Raleigh for 2008 Altima 2.5S with convenience package. Is this a good deal?

I also signed up for a 7 year extended warranty for $ 3000. Is the extended warranty worth it? Any advice?
  • max2k4max2k4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all. I have a quick question. I would like to know if this is a good deal. I have not sat at the dealer so not sure what kind of money factor, car price I'm getting. Here it is.
    2008 Altima 2.5S with Convinience Plus
    36months, 12K a year
    $220 a month including NJ tax
    $3000 out the door.
    I know I should put less down on a lease but I need to keep my payments under $250. What do you guys think. Your help is appreciated.
  • monkeypickazzmonkeypickazz Member Posts: 1
    I am about to purchase a 2008 Altima Sedan 2.5 with the SL package with splash guards, emergency kit, wind deflector, aluminum kick plates and floor mats.

Price: $23,200 + Tax
    I chose the 2.9% financing instead of the $1000 rebate since I am going to put $4000 down and finance the rest.

Any thought on the deal I got? It is about $500 under invoice. The car is Winter Frost with Blond Interior if that matters.
  • tslbmwtslbmw Member Posts: 172
    Looks like a great price. Go for it.

one thought though on the rebate vs 2.9%:
    Assume the following:
    23200 price
    696 tax (3% VA)
    300ish fees (Tag, Title, etc)
    24196 OTD
    5000 down (4000 cash + 1000 rebate)
    19196 financed @ 5.0% for 60 mths would be $362 mth
    if you skip the rebate and take the 2.9%:
    20196 financed @ 2.9% for 60 mths would also be $362 mth

Wouldn't it be smarter to take the rebate and finance a smaller amount?? just a thought, not sure if it matters......
  • shustershuster Member Posts: 10
    I paid 19200 for an altima 08, 2.5S with CVT and kick plates, emergency package, splash guards, trunk/floor mats at 2.9%. I got it like a month ago. I think i got a deal...i was not interested in any convenience packages.
    I think just the 2.9% is a deal on its own!!!
  • depechekdepechek Member Posts: 3
    Ok bought the car two days ago. Since a trade in doesn't matter for the rest of you, I just quote it as if there was no trade-in. Got a 3.5 SE CVT with Floor/trunk mats, tint. Bought the car at 22500 after college grad rebate (-500). Total DO was $24,141.38. Financed at 1.9%. Trade in was $800 below kbb excellent condition. Not the best but fair deal, I think.

Sales Tax: 1,406.25
    Dealer's Inventory Tax: 51.08
    License, Title, Inspection: 134.05
    Documentary Fee: 50.00
    That is an excellent price; I'm assuming it was a CVT though.

Did you have a trade? If not, a reasonable assumption would be that the dealer took at least a $2200 hit on your price (after subtracting holdback)

$3000 is expensive. I was offered an "extended warranty" for $620, but passed. I hope you got that included in the $19,231 price.
    It seems like a reasonable price. About what I got once you add back the $1000 convenience package.

My car didn't have kick plates or the emergency package though...