Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sdap6sdap6 Member Posts: 1
    i did some negotiating via email with a dealer in MA and got this

2008 altima 2.5 cvt
    SL package
    Connection package
    splash guards
    mats
    kick plates
    emergency aid package

msrp was $26,775. invoice was $24,850

got it finally for 23,995 + tax titles tags doc fee etc totalling to 25,600 with 2.9% financing, 0 down and no payments for 90 days..

thats around 850 below invoice.. which i thought was pretty decent for a one loaded like this.
  • indianakripsindianakrips Member Posts: 7
    No $3000.00 dollars for 7 years/ 100000 miles extended warranty is separate from the OTD price of 19231. It is Gold preferred package. Supposed to be the best warranty available but as I was reading the details, there are still many exclusions and no coverage for wear and tear. Hence thinking of cancelling the extended warranty. I can do that within 30 days of purchase date.
  • dsimsdsims Member Posts: 5
    looks like 20,990 out the door on the Altima 2.5s with emergency, splash guards and mats. there is an 1900 tax/fees on that. This is with no conveninance package unfortunately. I have emails several other dealers, but have not gotten any better offers. Some of the offers I have seen here are crazy!
  • yousofaryousofar Member Posts: 8
    Hi, do you guys believe me, my local dealer still have a 07 Altima 2.5S,4A,sunroof, convienent package.It is still new, with 400miles on it. I negociated price to 20,000, plus TTL. Is it good price? How much is going to cost for the 08 same model?
  • jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    Doesn't matter. Either way you've got the same down payment plus same monthly payment (rounded) for same number of months.
  • baltimore333baltimore333 Member Posts: 3
    The dealership near me (MD) is willing to sell us black with beige interior 2008 2.5 4dr with SL package for 21,900 + TTL. no other extras as of now. sounds like a great price to us, but just wanted to get all of your input...thanks!
  • basejerzeebasejerzee Member Posts: 2
    Hey Everyone,

I was just in the dealership near my house and I was able to talk them down to $23,500 OTD for a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S 4Cyl CVT with SL Package. It was the Sonoma Sunset with black leather interior. Can you tell me if this is a good deal?

Thanks,
    basejerzee
  • hackdhackd Member Posts: 65
    What is the full OTD breakdown...taxes vary by state?
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I would cancel the extended warranty; $3000 is just way too much.
    thats not a bad price; I'd jump on it.

I agree that some of the other deals are crazy, but yours isn't bad.
  • yousofaryousofar Member Posts: 8
    Just bought 08 Nissan altima 2.5s CVT, with convient plus package,puls splash guards, kick plate,emergency kit, first aid kit, and other junk options.
    car value: 22500
    tax:1361
    TTL:207
    rebate:-1000
    College grad rebate:-500
    discount:-500

OTD:22568

I know I could get better deal if I insist, but well, I was sick of fighting with dealers
  • dsimsdsims Member Posts: 5
    2008 altima cvt with conveniance package, mats, splash guards, mats emrgency package.

21800 OTD

Tax was 1800 fees were about 170 or so. If you haven't bought your car yet now is the best times to get them to come down on thier prices. Usually the slowest month. I used info from car buying tips .com and let several dealers compete. It is AMAZING the amount they came down to on this vehilce compare to when I first started talking to them.
  • basejerzeebasejerzee Member Posts: 2
    sorry, I don't have the full breakdown in front of me but I live in Georgia and my tax is 6 percent. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    basejerzee
  • bonzybonzy Member Posts: 12
    I am anticipating my first new car purchase and am looking for some tips for the Northeast Indiana/Northwest Ohio area. I have done a lot of research have narrowed down two methods, both involving the end of a month:

1) Contact internet sales reps at multiple dealers around the area and try to get the best deal.

2) Walk in to a dealer near closing.

I plan on putting nearly $10,000 down, and it may or may not include a trade-in worth $2000 on Kelly Blue Book. I graduated from college 2 1/2 years ago, so I maybe qualify for the $500?

Unfortunately, there is only one Nissan dealership here in Fort Wayne.

Thanks
  • tslbmwtslbmw Member Posts: 172
    However, if you finance $1000 less and lets say you don't like the car and turn it over in a year or two, you would owe less. I'm sure by the time you get to years 4 or 5, the numbers would start to even out and you would owe about the same using the lower interest rate. However, it still makes more sense to me to finance a smaller $$$ amount with the exact same monthly payment than to finance more with a lower interest rate if the payments are the same.....there is definitely a difference in the first few years of a simple interest loan as long as the monthly payments are the same.

just my .02.
  • karsickkarsick Member Posts: 312
    Anyone else recently buy an Altima and want to upgrade to bigger wheels?

I'll buy your 16"s (alloy or steel) if you live in the Seattle or Portland area.

We bought a 2008 2.5s and love it.
  • max2k4max2k4 Member Posts: 2
    I leased an 08 3.5 SE CVT with Sports package, splash guards, sunroof deflector, emergency kit, kick plates for $3000 total out of pocket including first payment for $270 a month including NJ tax. I know my out of pocket was a lot but I needed to keep it under $300. Is this a good deal? Lease is for 39 months 12,000yr.
  • sincraftsincraft Member Posts: 24
    Tell me if I am wrong here. We are VERY specific about what we want. Altima 2.5 with SL package, tech package, connection package. Includes heated leather seats, moonroof, spoiler etc etc (SL and tech force you to take other options)

MSRP is 28,970.
    Invoice is 26,769
    Best deal is 26, 869

We are pretty specific in wanting blond leather interior and a black, jade or white car. Our first stop, they found what we wanted 150 miles away, the next closest is 400 miles away.

Their offer $Invoice + 5% = 28107 + delivery of $300.
    They wouldn't budge so I called around and found other dealers with other colors that we don't want for far less. Finally got a few places to agree to sell the same car we really want (black) for $100 over invoice, but others slightly below invoice for colors we do not want..

Should I expect to pay invoice or slightly more to get the exact hard to find car? I confirmed this car is hard to find as they all say they found it at the same location in the middle of the state...and there is only 1.

We are being told by all the dealers that the 2.9 interest rate ends TOMORROW! So we are in a bit of a pickle.

I figured we would get a better deal as the bigger cars aren't going to be selling as well with futures stating that gas will be $4 / gallon this summer, especially a loaded car whereas the base with some options can easily be $7k less...guess I'm wrong?

Any help I can get would be great, I'm in the PA area..
    Don't let the current 2.9% incentive ending tomorrow drive you to make a rash decision. With the current economy and car sales sluggish I can't see Nissan reducing incentives for Feb/March at this point. I am actually holding off on my Altima purchase until Feb/March as I think better incentives are on the way. Why don't you find out how much the dealer 150 miles away wants for the car if you buy direct...not a huge drive if you can save a few hundred. In my experience you never getting the rock bottom deal if they don't have your car on the lot.
    No one will take my deal $600 under invoice for a blond leather interior 4 cyl loaded. They all need to get them via locates, and the best deal I can find is the car we actually want for $100 over invoice. The weather is turning again for the worse, and I do not want them driving a car 200 miles back to our local dealership on the salt and pebble riddled roads. I've been down that road before, they use that polish to cover up the 100 nicks and dings, wash and wax it - then when you wash it the first time that coming month it all falls off. OPps...wasn't us!

Just received another call on this purchase from a local dealer. I was told that if I were serious, I would have not let $500 stand in the way of the purchase. Obviously this salesgroup is lacking in two abilities.
    1. Math. The difference from their price and my requested price is over $1k.
    2. Customer Relations. This won't make me want to buy from them. This is the same group that was flabbergasted that I purchased my truck from another dealer down the road (the same one that gave me $100 over invoice on the one we want). They assured me that they would BLOW THEIR DEAL AWAY then come back with taunts and laughter in regards to my stated best deal. And they wonder why I bought my truck elsewhere and obviously, my new $30k car too!
    By the end of next year, I will have purchased over $100k in vehicles - and this company is wondering why they are slumping in sales and profits. Wouldn't you think that a person is serious when the pull up to your company to give them a shot on a another new vehicle in another vehicle that they had a chance to bid on?

Geesh. The games are getting crazy, but some of these managers are even crazier. Maybe they prefer seeing their lot littered with older cars...oh well.

I guess I'll wait until I get the deal I want. I'm going to be pushing for $1k under invoice now.
  • pacarbuyerpacarbuyer Member Posts: 1
    We are considering a 2008 Nissan Altima SE with 2,800 miles on it. It has 3.5 liter engine and has the sport package (which according to the Nissan site is worth 1,300). The dealer is telling us the previous owner paid $28,500 for it. The "final'' price offered by them is $20,700 plus tags and taxes. It looks new and is in excellent condition. Is this a good deal? If not, what should be counter with? The car has been on their lot since mid-December. We live in the eastern part of PA, about 50 miles out of Philly. Thanks.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    We are considering a 2008 Nissan Altima SE with 2,800 miles on it. It has 3.5 liter engine and has the sport package (which according to the Nissan site is worth 1,300). The dealer is telling us the previous owner paid $28,500 for it. The "final'' price offered by them is $20,700 plus tags and taxes

Well, the original owner paid 28K that was probably w/ all taxes and fees. A base 3.5SE w/ Sport- invoice is 24.6K. So, 20.7K for a car w/ 2800 miles (w/o any paint jobs :P ) is very good IMO (Assuming that you can get a new car at invoice - incentive).
  • tslbmwtslbmw Member Posts: 172
    I have to agree, that sounds like an excellent price for that car. Go for it! I have an 08 3.5SE as well and love it. good luck.
    Personally, I would check KBB first which I'm sure will show a higher price but make sure.
    Then I would see what a year old model is going for..
    Then I would be sure to run a title search and ensure that the title on that car is clean. IE: it wasn't wrecked or damaged in any way. Ask them about this, because although they must declare this at the time of selling, the sales dept just has to say that their parts or body shop did not tell them and it was a miscommunication on their part...OPPSY.

I'm told that 1 out of 5 Nissan coming off the truck are damaged in some way. This is from two managers of two garages. They explained to me that it would be better to get one off the lot or from another dealer brought in rather than to wait for a car for 6-8 weeks and expect it to be perfect then be disappointed and po'd at the dealer.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    Paid 17203 + TTL for a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S CVT(Automatic), Majestic Blue with Charcoal interior.

Really what did you trade?

GP

" New York teams are superior "

" Toyota is the superior import "
  • kosarfankosarfan Member Posts: 11
    Just heard from a dealer that Nissan is offering $1,250 Cash Back, or $1,000 Cash Back including 3.9% financing. Slightly better than January - is now the time to buy?
    They stretched the terms to 2 months now so unless you can wait until April now is the time to buy...maybe wait until end of Feb for best deal. I would think April will bring another low APR offer and possible another $250 savings as I can't imagine the economy recovering by then.
  • kosarfankosarfan Member Posts: 11
    Any reasons to wait on this deal?

2008 Altima 2.5 SL
    SL Package
    Technology Package
    Connection Package
    Aluminum Kick Plates
    Emergency Aid Package
    Floor Mats
    Moonroof Wind Deflector
    Rear Spoiler
    Fog Lights
    Splash Guards

$27,125 before rebate

$26,125 after Rebate AND 3.9% financing

I don't know the holdback etc.....but this is definitely under the Edmunds Invoice.
  • zwy_okzwy_ok Member Posts: 5
    I am at San Diego, I bought a 2008 Altima 3.5 SE on Jan.26th. Here is the price:

2008 Altima 3.5 SE + mat + kick plate + splash guard
    bought at $23500 + tax + registration + $55 doc fee.
    $23500 is nearly $200 below the invoice.

Then we applied the $1000 cash rebate and $500 cash rebate for graduate.

OTD is close to $24000.

We got a high finance rate at about 7% 5 years. Does anyone know how to make prepayment? I don't want to have too much debt at such a high finance rate. Thanks.
  • kirizillkirizill Member Posts: 10
    They're offering a $1k rebate + 3.9%APR financing, did you not get approved for that? If that was the case, you should've choosen the $1,250 rebate.
  • karpediemkarpediem Member Posts: 46
    There is an '07 2.5 SL w/ connection package and spoiler at the dealership, but it has ~12,000mi on it. The price he gave me was $22,900. I noted how much brand new it would cost me, and then he just wants me to make an offer. I'm not very great at dealing so, do I just force him to lower it, or do I make a suggestion? And how low should I try to go?
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    Offer him 18,000 to start with. Your target price should be about 20,000.

Remember that you are only saving around $3000 over the cost of a new one if you decide to go with the used vehicle.
  • karpediemkarpediem Member Posts: 46
    Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll see what happens. If he doesn't budge much then I'll just have to go new.
  • zwy_okzwy_ok Member Posts: 5
    no, this new offer start on Feb. I bought the car at the end of Jan.
    I would probably just get the brand new one, in this case. I know 12,000 miles isn't a lot given that the car's a year old, but for only about $2-$3,000 in savings, it's not worth it.

Now, if the car was $19,500 it'd be a different story, but even then I'd be tempted by the brand new Altimas...
    I agree with jcjan2, once a car leaves the lot it automatically losess about 10% of its value and on top of that, it already has 12k miles.
    I have been lurking for awhile but my car was just totaled. I guess my time to buy is now....any deals to report from Long Island for a 2.5 SL? Thinking I should be able to get below invoice even befor 1K rebate and financing...let me know your thoughts.
    You should be able to get cost (invoice minus holdback) plus a few hundred bucks or so. The Altima is a volume model so profit margins are actually pretty low for that car..

Of course, that price is before any and all rebates.
    How much is holdback?

I am getting a tad under $22K quotes for a 2.5SL Automatic with Splash Guards, Kick Plates, & Mats...sound about right with 1K incentive?

Also, I am being told I must take ownership by end of Presidents Day. Can I assume this is BS and deal will be the same end of month which should be really slow.

Thanks
    holdback on Nissans is 2% of the invoice, I believe.

$22K sounds about right.. I don't know about the Presidents Day thing, though. I'm sure they get a bonus for closing x number of deals before Presidents Day.

The incentives don't end until March 3, but see if you can knock off a few hundred bucks more if you promise to take delivery by Presidents Day. If they won't budge on price, you might want to wait until the end of February.
  • rlohrmanrlohrman Member Posts: 5
    After using this site for pricing information, etc., I visited 3 dealers and have negotiated the following purchase price of $24,899 ($193 below invoice) for:

2008 Altima Coupe 2.5 with CVT with Premium Package with kick plates, mats and tinted windows

5.49% over 60 months from dealer in addition to $9000 for trade in of 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited with SunRoof and Chrome Wheels with 67k in good condition

Seem like a good deal??
  • wailorwailor Member Posts: 2
    Sorry I don't have the actual figures of the car. I thought it would be better to give what I'm paying for your assessment.

I got a black Altima 2008 2.5 S, zero miles, power windows, did not want any of the packages so it has the normal rims and lights. I took a lease and these are the terms.

24 months @ $150/month and got them to put in free oil changes and tire rotations for the length of the lease. residual value is $15,000. I also have the option to extend the lease with no penalty at the end of 2 years for the same amount.

I haven't done the tags yet so have the dealers tag for a month and have to do the taxes at the county office. What do you guys think? Thanks.
    Did you take the $1250 cash?
    I probably would have gone w/ the 3.9 APR/$1000 combo offer, but thats just me..

Other than that, it seems like a decent deal.
    Did you put any money down? If you didn't put any money down, sounds like a good lease.
  • rlohrmanrlohrman Member Posts: 5
    The incentives you mentioned in your reply are only valid on the Altima Sedan, not the Coupe. However, given the direction of the economy, I am thinking about waiting until interest rates get better and/or rebates are expanded to include Coupe
  • mpr1mpr1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey,

I bought a Black 08 Altima 2.5 S w Convenience Package + floor mats and spash guards in NJ for 21,625 OTD - Bloomfield dealer. Breakdown:

Base price 20877
    1748 Tax (NY sales tax)
    R/T Fee 200
    Doc Fee 299
    -1500 rebate.

Any thoughts?
    Seems kind of high if you received an additional $500 for I assume a student discount. Someone reported getting $20,250 in January but NY/NJ prices might be higher then other parts of the country...still I am being told I can get a 2.5SL at or below $22 in Long Island. Worst case you maybe left a few hundred on the table but if you like the car who cares as the amount is minimal when spread out over 60 months.
  • mpr1mpr1 Member Posts: 2
    No Student Discount - I don't apply for it. The 1500 is just the rebate they gave me. I also got the 3.9% financing for 36 months with it.
    That's a great deal. As far as I know they where only offering $1,250 or $1,000k + 3.9% apr financing, but I guess they had a quota to meet before the end of presidents days
    Ah. I forgot that you had gotten a coupe. :shades:

Happy Motoring- I find the Altima (even in base sedan form) quite entertaining to drive.