Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kryptonyckryptonyc Member Posts: 20
    Check edmunds review on them n see that lifetime is a bait n switch tactic (sic). I got a 2010 Altima 2.5 SL w conv package, conv Package plus, Audio package, mud flaps, wind deflector, all carpets, for $25,307 +TTL I got the service plus n maintance plus just because my fiance will b driving it more than me n its a peace of mind in total the car was $27,780 and change after all rebates. We also got an extra rebate of $500 cause we had a 1999 toyota camry. Also check dealer rate website n check both dealer reviews. Let me know if u need anything else dude. Goodluck
  • Options
    justinp85justinp85 Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2010
    2010 2.5S with these options.

CONVENIENCE PACKAGE $1,100
    CONVENIENCE PLUS PACKAGE $1,150
    SL PACKAGE $1,540
    SPLASH GUARDS
    5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET
    MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR
    TRUNK SUB-FLOOR ORGANIZER W/FIRST AID/EMERGENCY KIT
    ALUMINUM KICK PLATES

MSRP = 27070 and Adjusted market value (what a rip off) was 28365.
    Invoice = 25100
    My Price = 23250 including 1000 rebate.
    Driveout was 25000 in TX.

I didn't get for the special financing. I went for 3.79 for 36 months and I hope to pay off the car very soon.

add your prices here so we can have it all in one place.

http://www.realcartips.com/2010-Nissan-Altima-Prices
  • Options
    westvirginiawestvirginia Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2010
    2010 2.5S Sedan 2.4L

With:
    CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    CONVENIENCE PLUS PACKAGE
    SL PACKAGE
    PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE
    SPLASH GUARDS
    5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET
    TRUNK SUB-FLOOR ORGANIZER W/FIRST AID/EMERGENCY KIT
    ALUMINUM KICK PLATES

28,230 MSRP
    26,133 Invoice

Got it for invoice plus 150 to cover expenses on retrieving the car from another dealer. It had a couple things I didn't want, but it matched the most important stuff. I probably could have got more off, but it was pretty painless to get invoice, plus they gave me what I wanted from my trade-in. Edmunds TMV was 25,862.

This is my first Nissan and the way they group packages is goofy. You end up with stuff you don't want.

I went with 1.9 fianancing instead of rebate because it was cheaper in the long run.

We test drove every midsized family sedan and the Altima came out on top with Camry second. The Camry was a serene drive, not sporty like the Altima. The new Sonata was dissapointing after all the hype, we even own another Hyundai and were excited to test drive it. Accelerating on turns, the Sonata steering would pull strongly out of your hands. I feel that is a saftey concern especially with new drivers. It also had severe blind spots when looking over your left shoulder. Fusion had a lot of wind noise. The 2010 Sonata would have been a an inexpensive fall back if you wanted a cheap car with a nice ride.
  • Options
    seunghunseunghun Member Posts: 3
    MSRP - $26,830
    (SL Package, Splash guards, Aluminum Kick Plates, Floor/Trunk mat)

paid $23,200 + TTL 4.9% for 60 month.I took $1,000 incentive instead of a special financing.
  • Options
    editor2editor2 Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2010
    MSRP $26,820
    Invoice $24,928 or so

SL Package, splash guards, floor/trunk mats, subfloor trunk emergency kit
    Car wasn't on lot, brought in for me (I wanted a color/leather not there)

Paid $24,400 + TTL 1.9% for 60 mos. (not the cash)

Prices paid in this area tend to be $107 or so above national average.
  • Options
    maweissmaweiss Member Posts: 6
    Just off the lot from Maroone Nissan of Miami, great buying experience (I'm very surprised to be saying this).

2010 Altima Sedan 2.5 S, Ocean Gray
    No packages
    Trade-In: $9,000 (they actually paid above our CarMax offer by $500)
    Down Payment: $3,500
    Nissan Rebate Incentive: $1,500
    Tax,Tag,Title, Fees: ~$1,700 (Miami tax is 7%)
    Finance Terms: 48 months @ 3.00% via SunTrust Bank
    Monthly Payment OTD = $204.85/month

My lesson here was:
    - go in with all your homework done and all your numbers ready
    - computer in hand, connected to a 3G network if you need to look things up while at the dealer
    - dictate your terms and be ready to walk if it is not met
    - negotiate the price of the car first
    - negotiate finance terms last with finance team
    - leverage your excellent credit (if you have it)
    - KNOW your limits both up and down

Ask for Victor Hugo in sales and Johnny for Finance!!!
    :)
  • Options
    What was the car price you negotiated?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sorry for duplicate post, I tried to cancel this. Wanted to know MSRP/invoice/price you negotiated.
  • Options
    I believe there's a $500 dealers hold back cash allowance, we got it back in February just because we had a Toyota but it wasn't a trade. So I will double check with your dealer n see if they have other incentives to make this deal to happen.
  • Options
    getzjdgetzjd Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    2.5S from Busam Nissan in Cincinnati
    Conv
    Conv Plus
    Premium Audio
    SL Package
    Spoiler
    Floor mats
    Aluminum kick plates

$25,369 +TTL @ 1.9% 60 months

Not too bad
  • Options
    feifangongzifeifangongzi Member Posts: 11
    2010 Altima 2.5S Sedan
    Winter Frost (white) with blonde (tan) interior
    All standard factory equipment plus these options:
    - 5 Piece Floor/Trunk Mats
    - Splash Guards
    - Aluminum Kick Plates
    - SubTrunk Organizer with First Aid and Road Side Assistance Kits
    - Nitrogen Filled Tires

MSRP: $23,180
    Invoice: $21,726
    Additional discount:
    Nissan rebate:
    Your internet price: $19,726 +ttl.

This is my first quota. I am wondering if I can beat the final OTD price to 18,000. Anyone can share his experience?
  • Options
    perl5perl5 Member Posts: 17
    I bought one basic 2.5S with MSRP as $22,735, OTD price $20,600 with 0 APR/36months.
  • Options
    soulreaversoulreaver Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am looking for a used 2007 Altima 2.5S. The dealer is quoting me a 15.5K + ttl for one which has 22K miles on it in MA area. Should I take it? Is it a good offer?
  • Options
    Soul for a few thousand more you could get a brand new 2.5S - but you know your financial situation better than anyone - 22K miles 2007 car - price sounds a bit high try to lower that some more...good luck
  • Options
    soulreaversoulreaver Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Kryptonyc. I was thinking about a used one because i plan to use it for not more than 2 years. But if i get a new one and resell it, it would be depriciated too much! and so i was thinking about a used one with a reasonable mileage.

Anyways, the dealer wouldn't budge on negotiation so i am outta luck there. :sick:
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I agree. If you can afford it comfortably, just pony up for a new one.

Also, if you are only going to drive it 2 years, why not just lease it? I know most lease specials are 36 months, but you could see what the cost is for a 24 month lease and compare. I know Nissan at one point did a $199/month, 36 month lease special on the 2.5S.

See how a 24 mo. lease pencils out... That might be better than buying the new one and trading it in after 2 years.
  • Options
    retyreretyre Member Posts: 1
    I'm shopping around for a 2010 Altima 2.5S with the convenience package, and have been quoted a price of $21.2K before TTL and $23.5K OTD. Is this a good deal? FYI, this is in the Orlando area.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    andymbandymb Member Posts: 8
    Hi kk don! That's a great deal compared to what they are giving me here in NJ. I was wondering if you could tell me where you purchased your 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S, because that is exactly the same car I want as well, but they're charging an arm and a leg here and are playing the haggling game (which is so annoying); the lowest I've received so far is $21, 365.40. I'm pretty sure it can go lower than that, considering your otd price. Could you please tell me where you purchased your Nissan Altima; I may be making a trip to North Virginia very soon if I can get a deal as amazing as yours! ~Thanks!
  • Options
    popgumpopgum Member Posts: 4
    wow, 18K OTD is great,
    I am still in negotiating with the dealers,
    Altima 2.5 S no option
    @ San Diego now got 18,995 after rebate that is 20,600 with TTL, no finance.
    This is the offer from Julie Hicks @Oceanside Nissan

Since I am going to finance I guess the number will change. Will come back report to you guys
  • Options
    Nissan Altima 2.5S First Day Quote @ San Diego area

after rebate, no finance.
    @Nissan Oceanside 18,995
    @Nissan Poway 19,495
    @Nissan Escondido 19,995
    @Nissan Kerny Mesa 20,400

Above are the first quote reply I got from them. Guess I can work on it a little bit more.
    Anyone give me some suggestion?
  • Options
    Wow are you serious? 18,050 w/o TTL for 2.5S is such a great deal!
    Did you finance or take any rebate?
  • Options
    Andy I got a great deal with Freehold Nissan in NJ - my Nissan is a SL and Audio Package plus other stuff but I'm sure you could find great prices with them - if you have any question email me edwardnet71@aim.com or call them and ask for Shay he took care of me and my Fiancee...best of luck. :shades:
  • Options
    andymbandymb Member Posts: 8
    That sounds like a way better deal. But I'm still researching for the best price. So far it is KK Dons' and I really wouldn't mind traveling to N. Virginia from NJ. The best price I received so far is Route 22 Nissan. Go on their site. They displayed a 2.5 S model for 15, 995. So I inquired about the 2.5S model and so far they gave 17,995. You can go on their site, call them, to find out more. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Oh lord, this is the most surprised price I've even seen ever.
    I may not able to travel from SD to NJ,,that's like 2 days drive.

However $3,000 difference that is so tempting!!
  • Options
    icyman6969icyman6969 Member Posts: 7
    what did you get for your purchase price on your sl? I am trying to Lease one in CA with an MSRP of $28,070 and they will lease it for approx $25000 plus cash incentives
  • Options
    My purchase price for the car SL w Audio Package, conv package, conv package, mud guards, wind deflector, OTD $25,187 I added the service plus and maintenance plus brought the price up to high $27K
  • Options
    kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Good info. Thanks. Try Ali, Pacific Nissan in San Diego. They seemed good to deal with when I was shopping a month or so ago and their pricing seemed OK. Didn't pull the trigger then but still would consider them.
  • Options
    hkhunterhkhunter Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    I went to a dealership (live in NYC) to help my sister in-law to buy her first car and she really liked Altima Coupe 2.5S w/ convenience, premium and leather package + fog lights.

Sticker price $29000 and change...
    Quoted for $25000 and change...

I think it's a great deal

I told her to go for it but she's kind of hesitating and wondering if the price is good...

Any advise?
  • Options
    wyoming8wyoming8 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased in central Texas on 5-15-10. The particular dealership had a special going on -- $5000 off MSRP on all Altimas, plus extra $500 off the first 20 vehicles sold that weekend. Here's what we got:

2010 Altima 2.5 SL

splash guards
    moonroof wind deflector
    Convenience Package
    Convenience Plus Package
    2.5 SL Package
    Floor and trunk mat set
    Truck sub-floor organizer

MSRP was $26,900
    Vehicle price was $21,400 (26,900 minus 5,500)
    OTD price was $22,945

Paid cash, no financing, no extended warranty

Didn't negotiate the price at all. Figured $5500 off MSRP was good enough. Checked beforehand and couldn't find any other Nissan dealer offering this special, so didn't check prices with anyone else.
  • Options
    bk_furmanbk_furman Member Posts: 3
    2.5S 2010 Ocean Gray

Splash Guards
    Floor Mats
    Fog Lights

Invoice $21,708.00
    OTD $22,095

60 month 1.9% financing.

Paid a fair price but by no means did I think I got a great deal.
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sounds like you got a great deal.
  • Options
    fchenfchen Member Posts: 5
    Great deal!
  • Options
    wendyjrwendyjr Member Posts: 4
    I am hoping to buy an Altima 2.5 SL this weekend. Ocean Gray/ charcoal leather interior.
    SL Package
    Conv Package
    Conv Plus Package
    Mats kick plate
    Splash Guards

The MSRP is $26, 830 and the dealer quoted me a price of $22, 600 . This price includes destination fees. According to my research, this seems to be a good price. What do you think? I am in Central NJ.
  • Options
    newaltnewalt Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a new base Altima 2.5 sedan with floor mats in New England for $15,200 plus doc fee & TTL.

TrueCar.com says:
    Sticker $20,815
    Factory Invoice $19,952
    Lowest Certified Price (great price) $17,552

These price tracking sites must have some lag. It will be interesting to see what TrueCar says in the next week.

A dealer I did not purchase from said I should have gotten it for less than $15K with the additional incentives in place this Memorial day weekend. Maybe that was sour grapes but who knows. It seems to be a good week & perhaps better weekend to buy a Nissan.
  • Options
    08HLBase08HLBase Member Posts: 8
    It's a great deal. Would you mind sharing which dealership you went to? Thanks!
  • Options
    patelgopatelgo Member Posts: 1
    dealership just west of fort worth, tx

haven't signed anything yet, but was quoted $22,226 out the door for a:

Altima 2.5S
    conv
    conv plus
    premium audio
    mats, splash guard,

price i thought was competitive and includes: tent event cash back, memorial cash back, graduate discount, competitive dealer price.

i think this is good and hopefully all the papers work out. i will finance at a higher rate and take all the cash backs.

goodluck shoppers.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The dealer in Central NJ just informed me he is prepared to drop the price another $1,000. So...

Altima 2.5 SL... Ocean Gray/ charcoal leather interior.
    SL Package
    Conv Package
    Conv Plus Package
    Mats kick plate
    Splash Guards

The MSRP is $26, 830 and the dealer's new quote is $21, 600 . This price includes destination fees. According to my research, this seems to be a very good price. Nissan seems to be especially hungry this Memorial Day Weekend. If you are in the market for a Nissan, it seems like a very good time to buy a car.
  • Options
    Thats a great deal I think you should go for it, I got the same thing plus Audio package for a little over $25K OTD price in Freehold NJ...have them throw in the trunk net or wind deflector LOL - Happy Shopping :)
  • Options
    Thats a good deal if it is OTD price but if is not I think she could negotiate a lower price, this weekend they are giving and extra $1K so happy shopping
  • Options
    Thanks kryptonic. I signed the papers today and will pick up the car tomorrow. I think you may have received a slightly better deal. I did not purchase the audio package and paid $24,500. OTD However, I did get them to throw in blue tooth. :)
  • Options
    One thing I forgot to add. I decided to go with 0.9 % financing instead of the additional $ 1,000 rebate. if I went with the extra $1,000 rebate my OTD would have been $23,500
  • Options
    tpa1909tpa1909 Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote for the base 3.5 SR with mat set for $19,801. How much on top of that should I expect to pay in FL for tax, title etc...?
  • Options
    antonio1antonio1 Member Posts: 27
    Where in Fl? What dealer?
  • Options
    nissanbuyer1nissanbuyer1 Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for a basic model Nissan Altima 2.5S for $17,870 which does NOT include the tax, title and lisence and dealer fees. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I try and negogiate some more? If so, what is a decent OTD price for the Altima 2.5S. BTW im in Houston, TX

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • Options
    sumukhssumukhs Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2010
    Hi guys,

Bought a 2010 altima 2.5s with the convenience package (silver ) today for a price of $18500

but WA state has insane amount of tax (10% approx) and hence ended up paying OTD price including other fees and license, tag etc to 20.8K

hope this was a good deal.. i felt so.. wat do u guys say?

and forgot to mention.. also got their 0% financing for 3 years
  • Options
    alejandrofalejandrof Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    I just graduated from college and moved from the East coast to San Diego yesterday and had a great leasing experience with Pacific Nissan.

First, a little background:
    I'm a Math major so I spent about a week looking at every single used and new car in the San Diego area since I still wasn't sure whether I wanted to lease or finance. So I made 4 Excel spreadsheets that I think everyone should use, which I've uploaded to my website.

1. Car Leasing: I wanted a coupe so I entered about 40 cars into my spreadsheet and included the following fields: Make, Model, Trim, Transmission, MSRP, Price, Depreciation, Appeal, Safety, Rating, Monthly Payment, Score, and Dealership.
    Then I added my valuation of those things: Make (5 points), Appeal (35 points), Safety (10 points), Consumer Review Ratings (5 points), Price (45 points), whose sum is 100.
    Then I calculated the Score of each car based on those scales using normal distributions (the same thing used to calculate grades like A, B, C, D, F) and adjusting for things certain makes (or if you want maybe transmission). Then I used Excel's conditional formatting to highlight the top 15 results.
    Download: www.afdesignconcepts.com/cars_lease.xls

2. Car Financing: Very similar to the leasing spreadsheet, except that I now added Mileage, Purchase Price, and Loan Amount and slightly modified my formula and preferences to calculate the score of each car. I
    Download: www.afdesignconcepts.com/cars_finance.xls

3. MSRP vs Discount: I looked at about 25 posts from this forum on what people had for their MSRP and their Invoice. Then I calculated the discount for each car and made a scatter plot that uses a 6 degree polynomial (very accurate) to find a best-fit-curve. Basically, if you give me the MSRP of a car, I can look at the curve in the table to find out what discount the dealership should give me.
    Download: www.afdesignconcepts.com/msrp_vs_discount.xls

4. Lease vs Finance: I was deciding between two dealerships in San Diego, Mossy Nissan and Pacific Nissan. Most of our negotiation was through email since I just moved to San Diego and start working next week so I needed a car and wanted to take advantage of the Memorial Day specials. This spreadsheet does two things.
    First, it compares two dealerships and highlights the lowest lease monthly payment from the two, and highlights the lowest finance monthly payment of the two.
    Second, it calculates the following information:
    For a lease, it uses the MSRP, Negotiated Price, Down Payment, Added Costs, Cost Deduction, Residual %, Interest Rate, Money Factor, Months, and Sales Tax to calculate the Depreciation, Monthly Payment with and without tax, Total Cost, Amount Paid to Own, Total to Own.
    For a finance, it uses the MSRP, Negotiated Price, Down Payment, Added costs, Costs Deduction, Interest Rate, Months with 0 APR (in this case Pacific Nissan had this), Total Months, Sales Tax to calculate the Amount Paid by Months with 0 APR, Monthly Payment with and without Tax, Total Cost by Finance Term, Amount Paid by Lease Term, Amount Left to Own by Lease Term, and Total Paid to Own.
    Download: www.afdesignconcepts.com/lease_vs_finance.xls

Now for my experience:
    Given that I put in a $5000 down payment and leased for 39 months, Mossy Nissan offered me a monthly payment of $235 + tax for the 2.5 S with just kick plates and floor mats, or $275 + tax for adding the Convenience package.

For the same $5000 down and 39 month lease, Pacific Nissan offered me either the

2.5 S Coupe (auto) with the Convenience package with an MSRP of $24900 for a monthly payment of $201 including tax.

2.5 S Coupe (auto) with the Convenience, Premium, Leather, and spoiler with an MSRP of $30410 for a monthly payment of $302 including tax.

Also, 12k miles at 15 cents for additional miles (which can be bought as a lump quantity).

Once you take into account the College Grad, Memorial Day, and the fact that they allowed me to use the special that was for the sedan on the coupe, I'd say it was a pretty good investment. If you go to Pacific Nissan, speak to Tony Kazan, great guy that knows his math.
  • Options
    habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47
    Just helped a friend purchase Altima 2.5 S MSRP $23155.OTD $ 19000 with 0% for 3 years in Asheville,NC on May 30.
  • Options
    08HLBase08HLBase Member Posts: 8
    In New England area, cash payment, '96 Altima GXE has over 150k miles on it.
  • Options
    m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Given that I put in a $5000 down payment

Rule #1 of auto leasing: Never do a large down payment. I would have thought a math major would have figured that out on his own but even more so if you're familiar with reading these forums.

I like the way you methodically narrowed down your choices though.
  • Options
    michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    Given that I put in a $5000 down payment

Rule #1 of auto leasing: Never do a large down payment. I would have thought a math major would have figured that out on his own but even more so if you're familiar with reading these forums.

I was thinking the same thing. My sister and brother-in-law live in the SD area and have had two cars stolen from them over the years.

God forbid, if that should happen to you - or you total your car in an accident - that $5K is gone.