Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lkdoglkdog Member Posts: 14
    Pen2- Thanks for info-

What area of country are you from?
    I am in Midwest halfway between Chicago and Des Moines.
  • tar_heeltar_heel Member Posts: 1
    What kind of incentives do you think we will see after August 31st? Will there be a whole new round of advertised or may even unadvertised sales come Labor Day?
  • kpandyakpandya Member Posts: 19
    any thoughts guys??
  • pen2pen2 Member Posts: 6
    I'm in Portland, OR. Weekend newspaper ads for Altima 2.5S' here fluctuate between $3500 and $5000 below MSRP.
  • pen2pen2 Member Posts: 6
    I'm in Portland, OR. Weekend newspaper ads for Altima 2.5S' here fluctuate between $3500 and $5000 below MSRP.
    Thanks.
    Follow up to my earlier post.
    MSRP $30,195
    Invoice $$27,731

Sport, Premium and Mats package.

I was quoted $26, 731 this morning. Not bad.
    Car has 775 miles on it as one of the managers has been driving it.

I think they will move a little bit more on it if I want the car.

Am now torn between it and a 2011 Camry XLE V6.
    Altima is more fun to drive, better handling.
    Camry is smoother and quieter ride.
    The 17" wheels and suspension on the Altima is fun, but ride is a little bumpy.
    I loved the CVT tranny on the Nissan.

Also drove a 4 cylinder Altima 2.5 SL. Very nice. I just am too used to V6 engines.
    The 2.5SL ride is smoother with the 16" wheels and softer suspension.
    Based upon the quote I just got above and info from other sources it seems that a new 2010 3.5SR with Prem and Sports package are going for around 26,700 on average.
    In your case you would be getting a $4000 cost savings to get the same car with 20K miles and a year older model year.
    I do not know what Certified means. It may bump up the warranty for you which expires at 36,000.
    The CVT transmission on the new ones are warrantied for 100,000 if that makes a difference to you.

If it is in mint shape-sounds like a decent deal really.
  • xcountryflyerxcountryflyer Member Posts: 32
    It would be really helpful if you provided some research and price estimates from KBB, Edmunds and NADA first.
    edited August 2010
    Please price before taxes/fees/licensing. It makes it apples to apples.

Folks are getting $4500-5000 off invoice so that's what you should shoot for (including rebates).

I would not be happy that it was driven 800 miles already. That would be a deal killer. Even though it is "technically" new - to me it is "used."

Have you driven a Camry SE V6? Given a choice between a 800 mile Altima V6 and a brand spanking new Camry V6 - I'd go with the Camry if deals were close.
  • christineluckchristineluck Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with convenience plus and premium audio package over the weekend in NJ and I paid $24,300 OTD with trade in which was probably worth $500 with all the things wrong with it but they offered me $1300 to make the car look cheaper. The dealership said they could go cheaper with the rebate but I would have to give up the 0%. I'm sure I could have gotten the price down but I was so sick of this haggling back and forth. But I did go to another dealership before that and they said $24,000 OTD but they would not give me 0% for that price either. That dealership offered $25,000 OTD with 0%.
    Please price before taxes/fees/licensing. It makes it apples to apples.
    Folks are getting $4500-5000 off invoice so that's what you should shoot for (including rebates).
    I would not be happy that it was driven 800 miles already. That would be a deal killer. Even though it is "technically" new - to me it is "used."
    Have you driven a Camry SE V6? Given a choice between a 800 mile Altima V6 and a brand spanking new Camry V6 - I'd go with the Camry if deals were close.

********************************************************************************- ****************
    My quote of $26,731 was before TTL.

As for getting $4500-5000 below Invoice-I think you must have meant MSRP-not Invoice.
    I don't think anyone is getting a 3.5SR V6 with an MSRP of $30,195, and an Invoice of $27,731 for $22,731 to $23,231.

I like Camry's -have owned three of them. I do not like the interior on the SE models, though and getting one with leather package, and a V6, and the bluetooth package pushes the price up over the XLE actually in some cases.
    The Altima 35.SR is a better deal IMO.

I agree with you that the 800 miles on the car is annoying and I will need to get a price reduction if I go with it.

I would be happy with around $25,800-$26,000 before TTL.

According to True Car- out of the last 129 actual sales of 3.5 SR V6 units bought with an MSRP of $30,195- about 13 have gotten it for less than the dealer cost of $25,412. Only 10% of people are getting to below dealer cost.
    edited August 2010
    Oops. Yes, I mean $4500-5000 off MSRP (including $1500 rebate).

Are there any other equivalent 3.5SRs in your area?

I'd shoot for $25,700 or lower.

Have never seen the TrueCar site. Very interesting.

My brother's price of $20,518 on a MSRP of $25,140 made it in the top 15% of 1660 similar cars sold nationwide. Darn it - should have bargained harder!
  • jtfieldsjtfields Member Posts: 11
    I also was unaware of TrueCar.com. That seems like a great resource assuming the data is accurate. Wish I would have known about it BEFORE I bought my car.
    There are two other 3.5SR's in the area and they both have more options which raise their MSRP to 32K and 34K.
    Have no idea what the 34K one has on it. I did not even look. :surprise:

Would love to get them under $26,000 if I go for it.

Right now deciding if the Altima is the right car for me.

Your brother did great!
    edited August 2010
    It's probably worth seeing how low that dealer would go on the $32K model. If its the same price as the lesser equipped one with 800 miles and it wasn't driven so much, I'd consider it.

Thanks - my aunt is a member or USAA and they have a car buying quote service. We had another dealer match the lowest quote we got so there wasn't much haggling.

I did quite a bit of research into the Altima and reviews were all over the map. Consumer Reports and Consumer Auto Guide really like the Altima. Motor Trend not as much. Car and Driver likes it, but hasn't tested it in awhile.

To me the biggest negative on the Altima is the function over form dashboard. Functionally it works great - styling wise it is pretty boring compared to competitors. Nissan has worked to improve the interior quality and materials and to me it was better than the Camry and slightly below the Accord. IMHO, the next-gen Altima will follow the Maxima in having an Infiniti-style interior.

Have you looked at the Accord? I'd prefer an Accord EX V6 over an XLE V6. How about a Subaru Legacy GT?
    Just drove an Accord yesterday- the EX-L V6.
    Loved the interior. Liked how ti handled.
    Really disliked the V6 response and the road noise in the Accord is pretty bad.
    I'd put the Altima and Accord at the top for handling. The Accord interior definitely has some style, but with a plethora of buttons. Hondas have been dinged on road and interior noise for years and it really hasn't been rectified. I guess they cut that's where they cut costs. The space inside the Accord is quite large, but then it is also comes at a price of slightly bloated styling. The Altima is an all around more quiet car with a bigger trunk and a V6 that has more low end grunt. Not sure what the pricing on an EX-L V6 is, but the EX-L V6s pretty much come loaded - definitely more equipment than the first Altima you're looking at.
    NADA - 21775 - 22950
    KBB - 21365
    Consumer Report - 15900-22500

hope that answers your question,

thanks for the reply btw
    Buying a used car is always tricky at the end of the model year. Essentially, the used car valuations are not taking into account that another year of depreciation is near. This also includes dealer pricing. You're essentially buying a 2-year old car.

Personally, I think that price is too high considering the economy and imminent 2011 models.

When buying a used car, private party or dealer, if the prices aren't in private party area pricing - I won't bite. Used retail prices are overpriced.

Are you desperate for a car or can you wait?
    desperate...ummm... yes & no, because my current toyota sienna right now has 177k miles, and last time I did an oil change, the mechanic wrote in some comments that the transmission is leaking, and the oil is leaking, so spending more money on the car doesnt sound logical to me. BUT... the car has never given me any problems so far, but I am just skeptical that some day it might just breakdown on the highway leaving me stranded....so keeping my fingers crossed.
  • whodewhode Member Posts: 15
    I'm interested in the 2.5 S and I'd go with the base version of that model, except that I'm really interested in Bluetooth integration. It looks like in order to get Bluetooth, I have to get the Premium Audio Package, but then that requires I get the Convenience Plus package, but that requires I get the Convenience package. So in order to add Bluetooth it looks like I have to add something like $3500 in options. Can that be right? Is there a cheaper way to add Bluetooth?
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Go aftermarket for a BT - I did it with a Toyota I had...there are several different models/prices. The one I got worked fine and automatically muted the radio when dialing or when a call came in; it was also the cheapest. Downside is that depending on what you get, you can't see the incoming caller unless you look at your cell phone.
    Z
  • mrhydmrhyd Member Posts: 1
    Here is the deal offered to me:

2010 ALTIMA HYBRID Fully Loaded with Premium Audio package (Conv plus + Leather) etc

For 24,500 (+taxes)

This is in NJ

What do you guys think?
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    What exit?
  • baskibaski Member Posts: 4
    Just got the 3.5S without any option $22600 OTD. This includes $1800 tax (AZ), $450 license and $400 doc fees - so the actual car price would be just below $20K.
    edited September 2010
    "I'm interested in the 2.5 S and I'd go with the base version of that model, except that I'm really interested in Bluetooth integration."

I've seen some stellar deals for the Altima 2.5 (no "S") in my area. I've seen several advertisements in my local paper for the 2.5 at just over $16,000 after rebates which is around $4,00 less than the deals I've been seeing on the 2.5S. The only things of consequence you lose when you drop down to the 2.5 is keyless entry (still has the push button ignition) and the stereo system (it does have speakers but no head unit.) You could then add a nice double-DIN radio with a touch screen, DVD, navigation and bluetooth for under $1,000 that blows away the stock system in the 2.5S. I believe there are fewer color/interior combinations to chose from with the 2.5 as well if that's important to you (for example, my 2.5S is dark slate with the dark interior, however, with the 2.5 the dark slate is only available with the beige interior.)

I almost wish I would have gone that route myself. Although, I will say I've found the keyless entry much more convenient than I thought it would be and my wife just loves it (no more digging around her purse looking for the key.) But I don't know that I've found keyless entry to be $4,000 of covnenience. The radio in the 2.5S is definitely basic. I've seriously considered replacing it anyway.
    :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

you mean the v6 version? sedan/coupe? cloth seats?

please elaborate... thanks

congrats for ur purchase,
    Amazing. Invoice is $32,186...
    Well I'd keep looking. That Sienna will probably make it another month or two (hopefully). :)
  • baskibaski Member Posts: 4
    Yep, the V6 sedan with cloth seats.
  • jay1234jay1234 Member Posts: 7
    I have got the quote for 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5.
    $17,399.00+ttl
    Do you think it is good price?
    They are being advertised in the paper here in Houston for somewhere around $16,500 give or take depending on the dealer after rebate.
  • smpatesmpate Member Posts: 9
    This was fantastic advice, thanks so much. Totally changed our strategy, as we were previously looking at the 2.5S, very frustrated that we couldn't get Bluetooth for less than $25k. We almost bought the Sonata GLS because of the Bluetooth issue (would've been $22k OTD for base GLS auto).

The 2.5 (no "S") is a screaming deal, can't recommend it highly enough. True that it's only available in 4 colors (white, black, silver, slate). You retain keyless entry and pushbutton (keyless) start, but do lose "intelligent" key for the doors/trunk. Only other loss is the stereo head unit and very minor trim differences (seatback pockets, passenger visor mirror, trunklid carpeting).

I called a local dealer here in Houston, offered $17,500 OTD (incl 6.25% tax here in TX). Settled at $18,000 with tint OTD, which is equivalent to a $16,683 purchase price (included $2k rebate). Maybe not bottom-dollar, but pretty decent.

I think this was fair, and precisely $2,000 less ($20k OTD) than a non-optioned 2.5S (i.e. no convenience package, etc). We just put in a double-DIN Pioneer nav/bluetooth/backup camera for $500 installed, absolutely couldn't be more pleased. Didn't have to put in speakers since they're included, which saved a few bucks.

Feel like we ended up with a $25k car for $18,500 OTD. Love these forums, so much valuable info.
    edited September 2010
    "This was fantastic advice, thanks so much. "

Glad I could be of help. I didn't realize the 2.5 still had keyless entry (I swear the dealer told me it didn't but maybe I just misunderstood him), now I really wish I would have done the same thing. The 2.5 is a steal if you ask me.

Which dealer did you buy at? I'm here in Houson as well. I got my 2.5S at Baker Nissan by Reliant Stadium. I paid $20,000 plus TTL with 0% financing.

I've had my eye on a Pioneer AVIC-X920BT on Amazon.com for $568 delivered (after 30% off promo code.) I doubt I'm gonna do it though. Which Pioneer model did you get and where did you get it? That sounds like a great price installed AND with backup camera.
    MSRP 30 195
    INV 27,731

Paid 26,150 before TTL

Actually got quote from another dealer for 26,000 cash/own financing or $25.500 with Nissan Financing rate.You had to take the one they had on the lot, though and they did not want to do a dealer trade for another one.Did not like the Ocean Grey/Black int combo so went with the other dealer who found me a white/tan one.

These cars are really well equipped and great value at these prices.

If anyone is interested-the 25,500 quote using the Nissan Financing was at Peoria, IL dealer (Uftring Nissan).
  • teacherdude79teacherdude79 Member Posts: 3
    My 2001 Honda Civic died a week ago. Damn transmission!

I am debating buying either a 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with Convenience package or a new 2010 Altima.

The 2009 Altima has 12,500 miles and is $16,995. Everything is perfect except for a scratch on the passenger side. It is with CarMax

Should I get a new Altima or go with this 2009 deal?

Thanks!

Daniel
  • tmorr2000tmorr2000 Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2010
    With conv, conv +, sl, premium audio, splash guards, mats, trunk kit

MSRP - $28060
    Invoice - $25901

Offered $3500 under invoice and dealer quickly accepted. OTD price was $23,812.53.
  • amalaamala Member Posts: 1
    I bought one of the last 3-4 Altima 2.5 base models in the area. I looked upto a few hundred miles away online. They advertised $15,300. After delivery, taxes, and whatever else they add on, my OTD price was $17.3k. Then I extended the warranty for an extra 3 years and bought some of the exterior,interior protection and everything got upto about $20k. My dad thought some of the protection stuff was bogus, but oh well, is done now. Now I am trying to figure out getting the stereo in it. And I gotta buy $25 floor mats! Kind of sucks the back of the front seats don't have pockets, but oh well, not worth thousands of dollars.

I drove an accord first, but loved the way the Altima drove.
  • huingshuings Member Posts: 1
    could you tell me the dealer?
    I also plan to buy Altima 2.5.
    18000 OTD is really awesome price I heard.
    please leave me an e-mail.
    I'm also in Houston.
  • shampzshampz Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am fascinated by this topic (getting a 2.5 and adding an after market kit for navigation, bluetooth and the like, much cheaper and better than factory installed) given the current deals on 2.5 models.

My only question to you is whether the 2.5 has a power controlled driver's seat? My wife is much shorter, it makes life much easier to have it powered for when we get in after the other one has driven it.

Thanks!
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Member Posts: 37
    The salesman told me the 2.5 does not include a power driver's seat. I assume that is true, although one Nissan salesman told me a few things I later found out to be totally false.
    edited September 2010
    My only question to you is whether the 2.5 has a power controlled driver's seat?

No it does not. But then again, neither does my 2.5S. I believe you have to add one of the convenience packages to get a power driver's seat.
  • readytogoreadytogo Member Posts: 7
    I got a great deal for a 2010 Altima 2.5S with convenient package for $18,000 (MSRP $23,680) + TTL in NJ. Before I drove it out, my sales quietly told me he'd never seen such low price for a 2.5S with the conven. pack. I'm very happy about the car (from all aspects).
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Good luck with your Altima. If you don't mind, which dealer? He'd probably appreciate the plug.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I agree, that is a crazy price. It's still a very good price even if the dealer add a $500 doc fee.
    edited September 2010
    I've only bought seven new cars in my life but I don't think I've ever bought one where the salesman didn't quietly mention what a great deal I got compared to everyone else if not the best deal ever. They all say that. I usually just turn around and roll my eyes. In fact, with my 2.5S, which I paid $20,000 for with 0% financing, my salesman went on and on about how no one gets that deal and it was the best deal he's ever seen. However, clearly my deal was average at best and I knew it at the time (I wanted to smack him every time he said it because I hate being blatantly bs'd.)

That said, that is sweet deal you got. Less than I paid without the convenience package. :)
    edited September 2010
    Agree- they always make some money.
    There is MSRP, then there is Invoice, and then any factory incentives and rebates are incorporated, and then there is their typical actual cost, and there is some amount of hold back money associated with that vehicle that is dear to their heart which makes their actual profit margin fluctuate.

They have a right to make some money like any other business.

Your goal should be to pay what others are paying at the time or do a little better as that is how the "what the market will bear" should work. If you do not do your homework-you might think Invoice is great, but actually be overpaying by a lot.

My hunch is they make $4-800 minimum on new Altimas even with these present prices at year end. At other times of the year or with models they do not have to mark down much off of MSRP-they do a lot better.

More power to them. They work hard.

The real money is in used cars and service.
  • dphil5dphil5 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am a first time buyer. I want to buy a used Nissan Altima (SE or SL model). I dont want to spend more than $14,500. The one I'm most interested in is a 2007 Nissan Altima SL. Its selling for $14,788. Here are some of the specs.

Mileage: 65,153
    Body Style: Sedan
    Exterior Color: Black
    Interior Color: Black
    Fuel: Gasoline
    Engine: 2.5L I4
    Transmission: AUTO
    Drivetrain: FWD
    Doors: 4
    Wheelbase: 109"

I feel this is a little high, especially since it has so many miles. What do you think is a fair price for this car? I want a Nissan Alitma. Could I get a more quality car for that amount? Help!!!!
    dphil5

You can do better than that.

Go to Car Guru and do some research.
    http://www.cargurus.com/

With those miles- I would not pay more than $13,900 and it would have to be in great shape.