Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tmastmas Member Posts: 8
    Youre full of it. No gimmicks? No radio, intelligent key system, noise insulation! You got that price on a BASE MODEL! Haha, good luck getting half your money back next year selling it. NJ's a tough market, but not that tough.
  • vortix1vortix1 Member Posts: 22
    You're probably right....$15,700 must be for a 2.5, NOT a 2.5S. However, don't knock the 2.5. For under $16k, you get a great car with an automatic CVT transmission, air conditioning, cruise control, push-button start, remote keyless entry, power windows & locks, etc. Not bad for a "BASE MODEL", eh? Who cares about the radio....buy a better double-DIN aftermarket radio for $200. There is already front speakers and wiring installed in the 2.5, and the wiring is even in place if you want to put in rear speakers. And if you want a factory look, get an OEM Nissan radio on eBay. With a radio installed, a used 2.5 wouldn't sell for much less than a 2.5S.

In my mind, the value of the 2.5 far outweighs the few minor features it doesn't have compared to the 2.5S. That's just me though....I am a bargain hunter.
  • emerthoremerthor Member Posts: 9
    MSRP is around 24. Just figured my TTL would bring total to 20272. The point of my question was to see what people thought of the 18,800 price without tax. This was my first post. No need to to be a [non-permissible content removed].
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Member Posts: 37
    Please ignore tmas...should not even be in here. The whole purpose of this area is to ask the kind of question you asked and get helpful answers. There always has to be one bad apple....sadly.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    When it comes to the 2.5 and 2.5S, it’s all about what you like/your taste. When I purchased my 2.5S, there was a $1300 difference between the 2.5 and 2.5S. I factored in the less equipment and thought the 2.5S was a better buy. The 2.5 is a base model and somewhat seemed bare bones to me. The 2.5S was nicer and seemed to have more insulation.

Regardless, the Altima is a nice car. As for the 2.5S with convenience package, $18,800 plus TTL is a good price. I think the convenience package is an extra $1150.

It’s disappointing that the Factory Installed Deck doesn’t play CD’s with MP3’s. At least it does have an aux input.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    remote keyless entry

I think no intelligent key system means no remote keyless entry on the 2.5.
  • bigjoe777bigjoe777 Member Posts: 11
    Your a jackass! Price is a loaded 2.5S and by the way i recently purchased a 2010 hybrid that listed for 28000 for 17695 and i still get a tax rebate of 2300.The deals are here just need to shop around,and stick to the price you want to pay!
  • ruchitruchit Member Posts: 7
    I do believe in Tmas.

I have done research and the people in the industry are clearly saying that Altimas were not sold that much in 2010.

So a big stock is available... Give ur prices and u will get that.

Dont say - I want for 12k, but any reasonable offer which might be very surprisingly low - will be considered. Just let them know u r there to buy.

I am trying that... Friends, wish me luck!

I am actually planning to get the one with All the options 2.5s with techno.. What should be my aiming price?
    Tmas, can u give me the name of that dealer?

I need to buy Hybrid, and these guys dont have one... it would be great if you can reply in couple of hours...

Otherwise, I will have to wait for couple of days!
  • needanaltimaneedanaltima Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I called a few dealers in NJ for black friday deals and one dealer gave me a price of 14995 and he had six such "2010 ad-cars" and mine was the last one. 14995 is inclusive of freight 750. Taxes, tags, $249 documentation fee, some tire fee of ten bucks , are all extra. Dealer said that they were selling these cars for 15700 approx a week before and because of thanksgiving, they made it 14995 as Nissan is giving back something to them. Heard that multiple dealers in that area are offering similar deals. Test drove the car and the protectant white stickers and covers are not yet off the body and seats. Had to remove some of the wiper stickers etc before I could test drive it. Car drives great.

This 2.5 S does not come with any packages. I understand the difference between 2.5S and 2.5 and this car is 2.5S and I was able to test the am/fm etc and it has 6 speakers. Looks like a lot of dealers have a lot of unsold cars. Good luck with your shopping.
    I am wondering if you think the extended warranty really saves you money. Are you all buying them? If so, when are you buying them and how much are you paying? I hear that if you want them, the price is negotiatble. So far, my new Altima is 5 months old, and I have not bought the warranty.
    Please give me a name of a reliable dealer, Sir.

I am willing to visit and buy tomorrow only...

Thanks!
  • zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    which model did you get and what incentives did dealer qualified you for?
    What options did you get in the car?
    name and address of dealer...
  • zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    what is in the convenience package?
    where is this dealer at?
  • jcharbojcharbo Member Posts: 1
    Im heading to a dealership tomorrow to check out a deal on this 2011 2.5S sedan:

- Premium Audio Pkg
    - Convenience Pkg
    - Convenience Plus Pkg
    - 5 Piece Floor Mat
    - Fog Lamps
    - Splash Guards
    - 2.5SL Pkg
    - Rear Spoiler
    - Technology Pkg

MSRP - $30,660
    Sale Price - $24,952

(Given this is including November rebates that will be expired tomorrow, and also before TT&L)

This is basically the exact car I'm looking for, and so far is the best deal I've seen online. How much lower do you think I can get them to go?
  • sichousichou Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    just pulled the trigger yesterday.
    17000 otd w/6% tax, title included
    brand new car comes with slpash guards, mat set and kick plates
    good luck to everyone still in the market
    Nice!

What was the price before tax and title?
    Just a general question:

What is the lowest anyone has paid for a new 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S before tax, title, fees etc.? Thanks.
  • sichousichou Member Posts: 2
    you really should leave the maths to dealers and always negotiate with them only the OTD price coz that's the actual number that you're gonna pay
    i would say anywhere between 17-17.5k should be considered as a good deal. good luck
  • strausystrausy Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up a 2010 3.5SR for $23,716 before taxes. Came with premium package, sport package and kick plates. I bought it at Fitzmall in Chambersburg, PA. I thought it was a pretty good deal.
  • henry_nhenry_n Member Posts: 33
    I was not looking for a new car in November, but I am now, and I cannot find a deal anywhere near as good. The best I have found for a 2010 is $18,366 plus TT&L. Sounds like the deals were much better in November? I mean, $17k INCLUDING TT&L is about $2.5k better than what I have seen. So if there is a $1,500 rebate going on now, how much was it in November? $4,000?
  • edmunds010edmunds010 Member Posts: 4
    Where are you? I am in Texas and I just got a offer of 18700 OTD for a 2.5S.
    I am in Texas. Houston, to be more precise. My best price was from Clear Lake Nissan, on the Gulf Freeway, and that was not an "S" model. Where are you getting the quote of $18.7 OTD? That is about $900 cheaper, and on a better model.
    edited January 2007
    18,366 plus TTL for just a 2.5 is totally unacceptable. I feel there is still enough room for the price to go down form what I got. I offered them 17000 OTD and will wait for their response. They still a lot of 2010 Altima in stock and I am in no harry any way. If I cannot get a price close to that I will go for the 2011 Camry or Subaru. They both have good deals now.
    Things are heating up. I pointed the salesperson at this discussion (via email), and the price was lowered to $18,650 OTD. I contacted another Nissan dealer, who said he would beat that price. Then I received another email from Clear Lake Nissan, offering an extra $750 this weekend only. Let me see if I can attach a jpg image here:

Nope, can't do it.
  • ashleyw889ashleyw889 Member Posts: 1
    How was your experience at Clear Lake Nissan? I'm going over there tomorrow to test drive a 3.5SR. They claim they have one on their lot. It's not the color I want, but I'm hoping they can order what I want.
    Clear Lake seemed all right. Their pricing was high for an "internet price", but once I got quotes from other dealers they fell into line.
  • jasayjasay Member Posts: 6
    KellyP98! Thank you so much for referring that car service to me! I picked up my new Altima yesterday and I love it! Couldn't believe how easy that process was, they ended up negotiating $200 below invoice for me and all I had to do was pick it up. Tell your mom thanks too! Highly recommend to everyone looking at buying a new car!

www.breakthedealer.com
  • stevewagsstevewags Member Posts: 1
    Wondering if you guys think this is a good deal. I live in Ohio.

Leasing a 2010 Altima 2.5 S (standard features) for $251.00/month, $0.00 down and $0.00 security deposit. My numbers are based on a lease price quote of $19,578, Adjusted Cap Cost of 21,343, a residual value of $12,824 (56%) and a money factor of 0.00095.

I got price quotes from 3 different dealerships. Monthly payment went from $275.00 to $261.00 and finally to $251.00. I think I've hit rock bottom on the last offer.
    Are you still buying the Altima? Do you mean Clear Lake give you $750 off from the $18650 OTD quote? If the price between 2010 Altima and any 2011 midsize car is less than 1500, I think I may go for the new ones. Camry is giving $5000 off now.
    Clear Lake sent me an email, a "mass mailer", last Friday, offering $750 off of the best deal that I had already been offered. Good only for that weekend. I did not go back there, I was busy looking at Accords. It looks like I can get a new Accord for only about $1500 more than the Altima. I think the cars are about equal, but 3 years from now the Honda will be worth $3k to $4k more than the Altima.
  • ownanaltimaownanaltima Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I've recently purchased an altima from a nissan dealer here in SC. Its a 2008 3.5 SE, with barely 20k miles on it. I think I paid a lot for that vehicle. Is there anyway I can salvage some incurred losses and maybe save myself a self-beating? This is my first vehicle here in US (I did do a lot of homework and in the end decided that it is altima that I wanted, especially since the time I test drove a couple at carmax). I know that I've been shopping at all the wrong places with all the wrong details, but I'm fairly new to the car world - a rookie.

After I got the vehicle, I stumbled upon this forum. I know it doesnt really sound like a wise move on my part, but i'll be really obliged if I could pursue the correct course of action, and save me some valuable bucks. Hopefully some of you can pitch in and help me out.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    ...I can get a new Accord for only about $1500 more than the Altima. I think the cars are about equal, but 3 years from now the Honda will be worth $3k to $4k more than the Altima.

I highly doubt that you can get 3-4k more than the Altima. When I traded in my 2.5S '07 Altima for the 2.5S '10 Altima last Dec., I got about 13.5K on my '07 base on what people could get a new '10 Altima during that time.

I will be surprise if you can get 16.5-17.5K on a '08 Accord LX now. That's about 2K depreciation in 3 years.
  • revrahulrevrahul Member Posts: 8
    This is the deal I am getting on a 2010 leftover 2.5 S (MSRP - 23.4k). Used Amex Zag for the bottom line price. Initially thought it was too good to be true but the dealer agreed.

Invoice - 2700 - 2000 rebate was basically the Zag deal. OTD price - 17.2k + 400 doc fee +350 reg/title + 15.50 tire tax. Got the color Silver color I wanted and also a decent price on the trade-in. Please note that the trade-in was negotiated independently.
  • avesta615avesta615 Member Posts: 2
    Congrats first of all on purchasing your 3.5L Altima. I own the same, I researched my car for almost a year, then one day I ran across the current one I own and I did the deal. I met a dealer that was fair, I compared his price to what was advertised online and it was a fair price. I didn't overpay, I didn't get the cheapest price in town either. Now this dealer calls me every 6 months, checks on me, we purchased a Mazda 3 through him for my girlfriend. Now I'm itching for a Nissan Murano or Infiniti FX. No matter what, purchasing a vehicle is not an investment, its a necessity that will COST YOU MONEY. :)
  • techftechf Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I purchased a 2008 Altima 2.5S coupe with 20k miles and a 100k bumper-to-bumper warranty for $18k + TTL a month ago. In your opinion, what's the most I should have paid for this? Reading this thread I can tell I could have found a much better deal- I'm just wondering how badly I got burned.

Thanks!
  • devildevil Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Just got a price quote through AMEX (Zag) Car Purchase Program for 2011 Altima 3.5 SR Sedan (I'm in Los Angeles area):

The price is before TTL and $55 doc fee. Manufacturing Adv. fee and Dest. charge are included.

Could you please help? I have 2 questions:
    1) Is it a good deal?
    2) I assume TTL fees are standard for California and this type of vec.. Are any other fees that I should avoid when signing the deal?

MY PRICE:
    $25,684
    Options
    * [P01] 3.5SR PREMIUM PKG (PRM)
    * [R01] SPORT PKG (SPT)
    * [L93] 5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET (FL3)
    Incentives
    * $500 Customer Bonus Cash
    Expires on 01/03/11
    * $750 Customer Incentive
    Expires on 01/03/11
    MSRP as configured: $30,415
    Invoice as configured: $27,934
    MY PRICE: $25,684

Thank you!
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Not sure how good it is...but check truecar.com for current pricing. This may be the best week of the year to shop though. As for TTL, ball park 10% in California. Cheers!
    At AMEX they got exactly the same data as I got from truecar.com report. They are pulling data from a single source. Basically what I was offered = to best local deal in truecar.com report. But my question is: did anybody get a better deal than there?
  • paxsonpaxson Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 2.5S in Northern VA (MSRP 22900) for $17k OTD (all taxes, tags, fees incl) about a week or so ago. I thought it was a pretty good deal.
  • tjinvatjinva Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2010
    We just picked up the car - a new 2011 Altima 2.5SL - from Northern Virginia

MSRP of $30,485 on the vehicle plus all-weather mats for the front and rear thrown in that has a MSRP of $90.
    39 month lease/15K miles per year
    Money Factor: .00153
    Residual: 60%
    Miles on odometer: 37 miles
    Only front end payment was the first month's lease payment of $273.64
    Sales tax, tags and bank acquisition fee are all integrated into the lease payments

I don't know what things are like in other parts of the country but here in Northern Virginia, you can get a very good deal for a 2011 Altima but you do have to negotiate.
    edited December 2010
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. Your lease contract should have a negotiated vehicle price before taxes, license and registration fees. Do you mind telling what that price was?

Thanks for your help.
  • robray222000robray222000 Member Posts: 8
    Revrahaul,

What dealership did you get that deal from in Northern VA? I am in the market for the same car for my parents.
    Wow, that is really a good price.
    Yes, I should have provided that information as well.

The capitalized cost before sales tax, tags and dealer prep was $24,718 which included the rebate that Nissan is offering. The $750 rebate is not available with this lease but the $500 rebate was given to reduce the cost.

There were at least a couple of dealers in the DC metro area willing to offer this deal or something close to it. With the month end coming up and the inventory of Altimas that many dealers have, it should be possible to negotiate a good deal.
  • jmm5jmm5 Member Posts: 9
    I just closed on a loaded 3.5SR on 12/30/10 at a Northern Virginia dealer and I think I ended up pretty well. Kudos to truecar.com for the assist.

Colors

EXTERIOR: Metallic Slate
    INTERIOR: Blonde
    Options

STANDARD PAINT
    [J92] MOONROOF WIND DEFLECTOR
    [C02] FEDERAL EMISSIONS
    [L93] 5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET
    CHARCOAL, INTERIOR TRIM
    METALLIC SLATE W/ CHARCOAL INTERIOR
    [P01] 3.5SR PREMIUM PACKAGE
    [R01] SPORT PACKAGE
    [U01] TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
    Incentives

$750 Customer Incentive
    (EXPIRES ON 2011-01-03)
    $500 Customer Bonus Cash
    (EXPIRES ON 2011-01-03)

Sticker Price: $32,295
    Your Price: $26,088

This dealer has agreed to price your deal relative to the Factory Invoice Price. Their offer is:

$3,460 below Factory Invoice
    (Includes Incentives)
    Factory Invoice: $29,548
    Dealer Offer: - $3,460
    Your Price: $26,088

The only catch was that the closest car already had the aluminum kick plates installed, but it only increased the price to $26,200 which still seems to be a great price. The only other potential issue was that the dealer normally charges a $389 doc fee, but they lowered it to $99 since I am a Maryland resident (max of $100 in MD). Sale went through quickly with no issues or dealer add-on crud. Financed with Pentagon Federal Credit Union at 2.99% for 60 months, but dealer did offer 2.69%. I decided I'd rather stick with the credit union for $2 extra a month. What do you all think?
    Seems like a very good deal. Did you purchase the extended warranty?
  • jmm5jmm5 Member Posts: 9
    Nope. I've never been a fan of those though we'll see how the CVT looks through 36k. I let the salesman/finance guys do their scripts for ex. warranty, paint sealant, etc., but simply declined them and they did not push it. It was a rather smooth process inspecting the car and then doing the paperwork to close out the process.
  • hondamom6hondamom6 Member Posts: 19
    I purchased the 2011 Altima 2.5 SL with these packages and add ons:
    Premium audio package
    Convenience package
    Convenience Plus Package
    2.5 SL Package
    and
    splash guards
    floor and trunk mat set
    aluminun kickplates
    It also has a moonroof wind deflector which isn't listed on the MSRP sticker.
    Color is ocean gray with charcoal leather interior.

The MSRP was $28370.00 and I got it for $23,999. I already had financing and didn't use theirs. I refused any extended warranty. We also got a great financing rate through our credit union.
    I did all my negotiating by email and was told by the Nissan dealership that the price was only good through 12/31. I purchased on 12/30. Our credit union financing rate also expired on 12/30 so I needed to go ahead and purchase to lock in that rate.

I purchased from Peltier Nissan in Tyler, Texas. I tried to get a couple hundred more off as ocean gray was not my 1st color choice. My preference was white or black but they only had ocean gray, silver and tuscon red (which I really didn't like).

I feel like I got a good deal. I was surprised that I was able to get that much off since the Altima is the #1 family sedan according to Consumer Reports. What do you think?
    Did the pricing include sales tax, tags and processing?

Not sure of the market in TX but here in Northern Virginia, the same car is available for about $21,900 plus taxes, tags and dealer processing.

This particular dealership apparently ships to other states. I did not buy from them because a local dealership, a few miles from where we live, matched the price but I came close to getting it from them. The salesman, who was very professional and straightforward, told me that he sold a car to someone in TX and had it shipped there - obviously the cost of shipping would need to factored into the price.