Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hondamom6hondamom6 Member Posts: 19
    No, that price didn't include tt&l.

What dealership in Virginia are you talking about?
    That would be tremendously under invoice unless they're charging some outrageous fee to ship.
  • tjinvatjinva Member Posts: 23
    I don't know what they charge for shipping but I do know that if one wants to pick up the car from their dealership, it would be priced at the amount I stated.

I am not sure if the forum's rules allows me to post the link to the dealership and the very same MSRP of the vehicle that you bought. If some one would confirm that I can post the link, I will do so.

Don't ask me how they price it the way they do but it is genuine and given that I got the same pricing from a dealership close to where I live after I showed them the advertised price by this dealer, it is obvious that this sort of pricing although aggressive is something that is being offered by other dealers. But I would also say that if I were not aware of this pricing, I'd probably not have expected the level of discounting I received. I sent out a bunch of emails and received price quotes that varied by almost $5,000 between the highest quote and the vehicle that I purchased - all with the same MSRP.
  • flinnjaflinnja Member Posts: 1
    Here's what I paid for my 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, in case it helps anyone. Got it on 1/3/11 at Pedder Nissan in Hemet, California.

Overall, buying experience was very good. Although they did "trick" me into getting the trunk organizer (I knew I was being tricked but didn't care since I thought the base price was solid). And they did try to trick me by trying to sneak in the $300 vin etching -- but I didn't let them get away with that one.

Any way, here's what I got for $25,732 (out the door $28,554.49)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5SL
    Premium Audio
    Technology Package
    Convenience Package 1
    Convenience Package 2
    Spoiler
    Fog Lights
    Floor Mats
    SL Package
    Kick Plates
    Splash Guards
    Trunk Organizer (!)

Hope this helps. Good luck on your next purchase!
  • geekdomgeekdom Member Posts: 3
    I am getting an Altima 2.5s price quotation for 20,500 + TTL (Total $22,000) with Convenience and Convenience plus package +Alloy Wheels. Is this a good price or there is room for negotiation?
  • hondamom6hondamom6 Member Posts: 19
    That's about $4000 off of invoice isn't it?
    I think that's probably a pretty good price. Are you able to get the color you want?

You could always email another dealership nearby and tell them the deal you've been offered and see if they'll beat it. That's probably what I'd do. But tell them that they have to make it worth your while to drive to their dealership.
    Yes, its about 3500$ off the invoice price if I look at Edmunds invoice price.
  • butch1946butch1946 Member Posts: 1
    That's a good price. I just paid 21000 for 2.5s w/bluetooth and special edition and a couple of other small extras.
    I am getting Nissan Altima Base Model out the door for 18k. Is this a good price? This price includes the mats, and tinting.
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Member Posts: 37
    That is pretty good; I paid just about the same price for a new 2010 Altima with the same packages in August. It never hurts to contact the internet sales department at a nearby dealership, tell what you have been offered and see if they will beat it by quite a bit. I got my dealership to throw in items like a few extra small features, glass tint, kickplates, and 4 free oil changes. Every little bit helps.
  • saratoga3saratoga3 Member Posts: 16
    I live in the Boston area, has anybody purchased an Alima from any dealers in that area?
    please let me know what type of deals are out there.
    thanks
  • jam808jam808 Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2011
    IS this a good deal.

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

This car does come with floormats. They're not standard on the car , but nearly every car we order we order with floormats (the customers, like you, demand them, and Nissan won't ship too many cars without them anyway).

The price I gave you was net of a 1250 rebate, and is below invoice (we are reimbursed by Nissan so we can sell it below nominal cost and still give you the rebate.

This car doesn't have bluetooth in it. I can add bluetooth for $250, or sell you one of two alternative versions.

Version one has the "convenience package" (alloy wheels, illuminated vanity mirrors, auto headlights, steering wheel audio controls, one touch up/down on the passenger window, auto up/down on the front windows with the keyless remote, power seat, leather gearshift knob) and factory bluetooth (and, yes, floormats and splashguards).

Sticker price is 24550. I can sell it for 21699.

Version two has the "special edition package (alloy wheels, spoiler, steering wheel audio controls, automatic headlights, leather wrapped steering wheel, foglights), factory bluetooth, floormats, splashguars.

This one has a sticker price of 24150 and I can offer it for 21049.

All of the prices are net of the rebate, plus tax, fees and tag.
    For 2011 Altima 2.5S, it is $19,588 plus sales tax(6%), tag, and dealer's fee($648..50).

Please add $1,150 for the Convience Package and $700 for the Special Edition.

that makes is 20738 convience pack

20288 SPecial ed
  • avaidyaavaidya Member Posts: 1
    what is state tax portion. i am looking for base model too here NJ
  • pitufapitufa Member Posts: 1
    Saratoga, i'm also in boston in the market for the altima 2.5S. Any leads yet?
    They want 17,995 + TTL=19,999
    is 22,000 out the door good for a 2011 altima s 2.5 with convience package
    Vehicle Price: $24,270.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: - $2,498.00
    Customer Rebate: - $1,250.00
    Selling Price: $20,522.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $1,348.63
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $200.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Dealer Service Fee: + $599.95
    Electronic Filing: + $98.75
    Balance Due (estimate): $22,777.83
  • czcon1czcon1 Member Posts: 39
    I negoiated a 2011 Altima 3.5SR sedan with
    $2,380 Premium Package
    $2,370 Sport Package
    $170 Aluminum Kick Plates
    $175 Carpeted Floor and Trunk Mats
    $760 Destination and Handling
    $30,605 Total Sticker
    $25985 negoiated price
    NY tax rate 7.5%
    With 1st month down, DMV, Inspection, tires, and all will come to approx $600 upfront.
    36 month, 15K year for $324
    How does that sound? I did'nt think it was bad but I came up with a payment that was cheaper and I'm waiting for a call that's going to explain.
  • jmm5jmm5 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2011
    I don't think that sounds too great. I got the same car as you, but also got the technology package and wind deflector for just $100 more than you at Brown's Sterling Nissan in Northern Virginia using truecar buying service. See post 2866.

Sticker Price: $32,295
    My Price: $26,088 (price is down even more to be a bit above $25k now)

Using truecar for a New York zip (used Palisades, NY), I was able to get your configuration for only $23,555 so it sounds like you would be overpaying by about $2k.
    I used Truecar and the price you mentioned was about 3-4 hours away in NJ and they have'nt responded to any emails. Also there are four Nissan dealers in my area and this was the best negoiated price, about 5K total off sticker. I'm going in today to pick it up.
  • benidormbenidorm Member Posts: 2
    I am also in No. VA. and may look at Brown's. What strategy did you use to buy? Thanks
  • jmm5jmm5 Member Posts: 9
    I did my test drives at a couple of different dealerships and, once I was sure the Altima was the car of choice (had narrowed it down to that and the Sonata turbo), I e-mailed through several outlets (edmunds, nissan.com, truecar) to dealers around the Baltimore/DC area. As it turns out, Browns had the lowest price of the dealers (using Truecar) and they are right by my workplace. The quotes by e-mail were all higher and the Truecar price was quite nice. I simply went to the dealership and they had the car I wanted and we wrote up the purchase order. No muss, no fuss.

BTW, the Nissan dealership in Germantown, MD had the same price but was not as convenient.
    Is there currently any rebates or incentives if you lease. My salesperson said there is'nt anything on leases right now.
  • maryshmarysh Member Posts: 6
    I want to buy a 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5S with convenience package. I get quote from zag.com for $20,425 before TTL (include $1250 incentive). This is about $2000 below invoice or $3500 below MSRP. Is this a good price for San Francisco area? So far I have not gotten any dealer to offer me this price.

What is your experience for getting good price for Nissan Altima in San Francisco and which Nissan dealer you have good experience with?

Thanks so much for your Help!
  • maryshmarysh Member Posts: 6
    This seems to me a very good price. Can you tell me which dealership and the region this price is offered? I was quoted similar price for 2.5S with just the convenience package (no convenience plus or alloy wheel) in San Francisco area.
  • sethubalasethubala Member Posts: 17
    I'm getting a quote of 2011 Altima with SL package, Convenience, Convenience PLUS, Bluetooth, Aluminium kick plates, floor mat for 24300 drive out..

is this a good deal ?

Please help me how to negotiate if we can get it for lower than this
  • rs_lars_la Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I'm getting a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S with Convenience package for 20k.
    Is that a fair price?

Thanks

edit: thats 20k +ttl extra.
    Is that 20K out the door, or just the price of the car without anything extra? If that is just the car, not including tax, fees, etc., I think it is too high and you should negotiate. I got a 2010 with convenience and convenience plus and a few extras like tint thrown in last August for 20,200, but 22,000 out the door. That was when the 2010 was still the newest car available.
  • sethubalasethubala Member Posts: 17
    Anyone know what would be the rebate / incentives for 2011 Nissan altima 2.5S, please let me know that would be helpful.

Thanks
  • supertruck97supertruck97 Member Posts: 1
    I've been back and forth with a local dealer in Houston on the purchase price for a 2011 Altima 2.5S with basically no options on it.

The lowest I have been able to get them to go so far is $19750 + TTL. Should I be talking to a different dealer or what? I feel like I should be at least able to get a convenience package additional at that price. Am I expecting too much?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I think the price is high but I don't know about Houston. It seems the price in TX is usually higher than other part of the country.
    That is too high, and I am in Dallas. You need to go on the Internet and contact some Internet sales people at other dealerships. You should definitely get a much better price for a base model or get options at that price. You will get better prices from the Internet sales guys than the floor sales guys.
  • geocgeoc Member Posts: 15
    What pricepoint w/convenience pkg & CVT? MSRP $25,400, also considering Accord Coupe. Will travel up to 200mi. for best price.
  • njcar123njcar123 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Recent 2011 2.5S (sedan) purchase (convenience, convenience plus, premium audio, splash guards, kick plates, floor mats) MSRP $26,830:

$23,066 Purchase Price
    - $2,000 Trade
    + $1,475 Sales Tax (NJ 7%)
    + $309 Misc. Fees & Taxes
    - $1,750 Nissan Rebate
    = $21,100 OTD
    If this is a new car, then that is a good price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2011
    We bought a 2011 2.5 S (sedan) Premium Audio, Convenience, Convenience Plus, SL Package, Technology Package, splash guards, kick plates, floor mats, fog lights, rear spoiler. MSRP $30,850:

$27,307 Purchase Price
    - $500 Nissan Rebate
    + $1,675 Sales Tax (TX 6.25%)
    + $318 Misc. Fees & Taxes
    = $28,800 OTD

Financing 0 % APR 60 months :)
  • rawl316rawl316 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    How is this deal? I got a 2.5 Sedan with Premium Audio, Convenience, Convenience Plus, SL Package, kick plates, floor mats. I think MSRP was 28,030.

Paid 23,929 + TTL with 0% int for 60 months. If I took the rebate, it would have been 22,429
  • tungtiedtungtied Member Posts: 3
    How's this deal? Got a "new" 2010 2.5S with floor mats only (80 miles on car though and limited color options) for $16,510 (Amex ZAG price that includes a $2k rebate but they jacked me for another $30) + 399 (Doc) + 350 (DMV) + 1650 (NYC Tax) + 15.50 (Tire tax, etc) so approx. $19k OTD (fees doesn't include NYS inspection so factor in another $35 - purchased in NJ). Its not the greatest price (think I overpaid by 500 to 1k) but something I'm willing to live with. What do you guys think?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    ...make it short...if you think 16.5K for a new 2.5S with full warranty is high, you should look at those used 2010 price w/ less than 20k miles. Here is the list around my area and many of them are rentals.

I think 16.5K is crazy cheap.
  • chingachinga Member Posts: 5
    Looking for a similar car (2010 or 2011 2.5s). What is the name of the dealership in NJ?
    Lynnes Nissan East. I think they had 8 or so 2010's left (mainly white with blonde interior). Please note that they store all their cars in an outdoor lot so inspect carefully when purchasing. Overall, the buying experience was not bad.
  • gman123gman123 Member Posts: 1
    Went to look at Altima coupes today. They had two 2010 leftovers a 2.5 and a 3.5 both were fully loaded with leather and almost every option. The 2.5 had a sticker price of approximately $29,000 the 3.5 was a little over $30,000. Whats a good deal on the 2.5?

I was thinking of offering $24,000 but I'm beginning to think I could get it even lower. We actually went in to look at used and are planning on buying in a month or so, but if the price is right on the 2010 we might bite the bullet.
  • maxie_maverickmaxie_maverick Member Posts: 8
    Bought this car from Conicelli Nissan in Conshocken PA. Made the purchase 03/11/2011 for $21000 OTD. MSRP on the car is $25, 890. Exterior is Super black and interior is Charcoal. I think I got the car for about ~$19,500 excluding the TTL+Doc fee.... What do you guys think? Let me know how I did....

Maxie

PS: Looking to buy an extended warranty for cheap.... any help appreciated
  • carlurkercarlurker Member Posts: 5
    Hello all,

I am currently in the market for a new 2011 Altima 2.5 S sedan with convenience, convenience plus, premium audo, and alloy wheels. I am in the middle of visiting showrooms and trying to avoid some questionable tactics employed by sales folk. In fact, last night, I walked out of a negotiation after a sales person "suddenly" discovered that the internet quote he gave me for a specific car left off the cost of the dealer-added spoiler (which I did not request and don't even want), and he informs me that the cost of the option is over $800 (Nissan website lists MSRP for a spoiler at $370). Is this sort of "forgotten" option tactic a common ploy?

Anyways, to better prepare myself for my continuing negotiations at other dealerships, I wanted to get some feedback from this forum. I have used Truecar to obtain a "best local price" and I want to know what you think. Here are the Truecar numbers with the options noted above:

$21,217 (includes $1250 incentive and $760 destination fee)
    $599 doc fee (this is standard for the area)
    -----------------
    $21,816 total? Or will they try to add onto this?

(I pay 7% tax, which is not included above)

Now, I have a few questions:

1. Is this a good price quote? It feels good to me, but I am trying to remove my feelings from the process.

2. I have never used Truecar before to actually buy a car. Is the process smooth, or should I still be prepared for the dealer to not honor the quoted "best price" in the certificate that was emailed to me? Either by saying the car is no longer available, or through the use of dealer-added options which are not listed on the sticker?

3. Are documentation fees typically avoidable? I know never to say never in negotiations, but given that these fees seem to be vary consistent across dealerships in a given area, it seems that dealers may be able to resist dropping them. Or, perhaps doc fees typically must stay on the contract, but they are just an avenue for further negotiating down the car price?

Thanks so much for your help.
  • maxie_maverickmaxie_maverick Member Posts: 8
    Hi Dude

First thing, True car website is one of the best baseline prices to start negotiations on. Secondly, expect the dealers to try adding to true car price
    (but you can walk out of this happens). Thirdly, even after getting a true car price... I suggest not to walk into the dealership. Wait for them to call/email you. Ask them to confirm the total price (should include everything) in email. Fourthly, My suggestion (I've bought new cars using this tactic before) is to try and offer them the true car price as the final OTD (out the door price) which usually includes tax, title, registration, plates, documentation fee etc. etc.

Email other dealerships around your place and let them know which dealership is offering you true car price. Now, ask them to beat the price. Do this for like 2 rounds of negotiation and you will be very close to the true car price as the everything price. Do not lose your cool and don't give in!!!!

The two new cars I bought, 2010 Honda Accord EX for $19,299 and 2011 Altima (has everything you wanted minus PREMIUM AUDIO) for $21000. I could have got this for $20,500 easily but my girlfriend (for whom I was buying) started to give me stares saying I was acting cheap by negotiating with professionals (my [non-permissible content removed]!!!). I would say for your car, I wouldn't buy it for any more than $21,850 (out the door which includes everything, tax also)...

Good luck!!!
    Excellent helpful info. Thanks Maxie!
  • carlurkercarlurker Member Posts: 5
    Hi Maxie,

Thanks for your excellent feedback, and I am already following your advice. I am in email communication with several area dealers, and will see how that goes during the coming week.
  • altimabuyer2altimabuyer2 Member Posts: 2
    That's funny...I used TrueCar and was quoted a great price for an Altima at Lynne's. However, I now realize a follow up call needs to be made. When I went there (from NY) after spending about an hour on my test drive and getting down to the nitty gritty, I was told that Lynne's adds $1000 for an "appearance" package. This included stuff I didn't want, such as the kick plates, but also bogus stuff such as pinstriping (which looked like a drunk applied it, and scotchguarding, etc. I balked and after another grueling hour of salesman going to discuss my gripes with the manager, I thanked the gentleman and walked.
  • altimabuyer2altimabuyer2 Member Posts: 2
    Excellent advice...I'm a little late but figured out what you just wrote after dealing with a dealership that definitely tacked on some questionable charges to the bottom price. I'm learning...
    I would say you did really well! That is slightly less than I paid for my 2010 Altima last August with all the exact same features. Mine is sand colored with light fabric/walnut (fake) interior.
    I guess its hit or miss. Really depends on who you deal with and the specific car you choose. When I went in, I think they only had 8 or 9 2010's left in their system. The car I chose only had the floor mats installed.

They tried to add an etching fee but told them no so they took it off. There wasn't much negotiating on my part. I just recalculated the the numbers and pretty much said yes to the price.