Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jack203jack203 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    just bought at OTD 17000 + TTL
  • jithujithu Member Posts: 1
    I am new this country and hence I dont have any credit hisory. I bought a Nissan Altima 2.5S 2012 putting 50% as down payment and my relative who had 751 FICO score co-signed for me. The dealer made my relative as the main buyer and I as the co-buyer. He charged an extra 500 dollars stating that I belong to Tier 4 and and my relative belong to Tier 1 otherwise my interest rate for the finance would shoot up. So is this additional fee actually charged or was I fooled??? Somebody please advise me. Thanks in advance.
  • rachitrachit Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a new 2011 Nissan Altima on July 30.

I got the 2.5S with Convenience package + Carpeted floor mats + Aluminum kick plates + trunk sub floor organizer.

The car was listed at some $24850 or so.

I got it for $19322 + TTL = $21450 out of door (CA taxes suck!!)

The dealer was trying to force GAP insurance on me for $600 and I said that no way am I buying that, so he removed that.

Though, he did end up selling me some phantom sticker warranty thing for $99 which helps recover cars if stolen.

Apart from that since I did not have that good a credit score (~ 650), I got the loan at 4.74%

Quite happy that the dealer reduced the base price by at least $5500.
    Note: This includes $500 of new college graduate discount.
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Member Posts: 37
    It sounds like you got a very good deal to me. I bought my new 2010 exactly a year ago and have really loved it. Only had one weird problem...the battery having to be replaced after 3 months. I have never heard of that $99 thing you bought. I would be interested to know if anyone knows if it is worth anything. Happy driving!
  • oceana143oceana143 Member Posts: 38
    Drove the Altima and consider it far superior to Fusion, Malibu, and 200. Few questions for the forum:

1) Costco plan is $100 over invoice. Is this as good as it gets or should I try to negotiate lower with another dealer?

2) I am over 50, no accidents or claims for over 20 years. Yet, the insurance quote for the Altima 2.5S was $632/six months or about $220 over my Grand Prix. Is the Altima abnormally high? I did notice on the IFHS website that it ranked lower in crash tests than many of the mid-sized cars.

3) How difficult is it to order a Special Edition with no other options? I am getting it for the foglights. Or is it easier to just get a 2.5S and have the lights installed as an accessory?

4) Is the quality the same for vehicles coming out of both plants?

Thank you in advance for any insights you can provide!
  • lucasqlucasq Member Posts: 20
    It is a good price in Baltimore/DC area.
    That warranty is called Invisible Phantom Stickers. After doing a little search myself I feel that it's almost like a scam. You pay $99 and the warranty is for 5 years. They have etched my VIN number on different parts of the car and they will help me recover the parts if stolen. If they fail to do so within 30 days, then they will pay me $2500.

Why was your battery replaced after 3 months? I hope it was covered by the warranty..
  • celloshredcelloshred Member Posts: 1
    LEASE
    2012 Altima 2.5 S
    Base: $22,570
    Options:
    Premium Audio, Convenience, Convenience Plus, SL Packagem Mats & Kick Plates + Destination Charges.

Total sticker: $28,850.

TERMS
    Agreed Value: $26,349 + $595 Acquisition + $1,250 trade-in (balance).

$2k out of pocket ($1226.66 as cap cost reduction and includes 1st payment & reg)

36 month lease
    12k miles/year
    Los Angeles County

Total monthly: $308.32 (including tax)
  • nash4unash4u Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Hello,

I recently bought a 2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR Coupe with Premium, Leather and Technology package for $540 per month for 60 months (0% APR) and $1000 down from a Nissan dealership in Dallas.

Please let me know if this is a good deal for a price of $33,400 ($540 * 60 + 1000)?

Thanks!
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    No you did not celloshred, I just leased a Maxima MSRP $36400 for less than that, check out Maxima board.
  • gongshowguy16gongshowguy16 Member Posts: 1
    Just signed a lease this evening in MA for a Silver 2011 Altima 2.5 S:

Here was my situation. Just financed a 2012 VW CC 3 months ago. Had payments of $427 but had a family emergency. Wanted to lower payments without sacrificing too many features as I am in sales and need a comfortable car. My first concern was getting out of my CC with no negative equity and I did that. So then it came to the Altima:

Base Price: $22,430
    Includes:
    -Premium Audio Package
    -Convenience Package
    -Convenience Plus Package
    -2.5 SL Package
    -Mat set
    -Kickplates
    (Tried to get the mats and kick plates taken off considering I dont want them for $355 but they wouldn't budge)
    Total Sticker Price: $28,760.00

Actual Sold Price: $25,590
    Incentives: $1,250($500 Recent Grad program)
    Maintenance and Warranty plan up to 60k miles, $895 for both(I plan to buy it out).
    $894 due at signing (includes first months payment, $319 doc fee which they would budge on, title and registration)
    Total Gross Cap Cost: $27,161.79

12k miles/year
    39 months
    Residual= $15,530.40
    Monthly Payments: $300.28 (Was around $280 w/o warranty and maintenance plans. But I like the security of not having to pay for any oil changes, tire rotations, and anything else that may happen).

I gave another Nissan dealership the opportunity to gain my business if they could beat that and they said absolutely not, you better jump on that.

According to True Car, if I add the options to the 2.5 S, I could get it for around $23,500 but I don't think I could have gotten another $2k off considering they wouldn't even give me the mats and kickplates discount, even tried to get a spoiler and no go. So anyone who can get the Altima with all those packages for $23,500 is lucky.
    Hello,

Please let me know if I was unable to get a good deal on this car?

I was also sold a service package and GAP insurance for a total monthly payment of $554.11 for 60 months and $1000 down.

Hence the total price that I will be paying for this vehicle is $34246 over the next 5 years at 0% interest.

Note that the car has a Leather, Technology and Premium package installed.
  • 2000years2000years Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I am planing to purchase a 2011 Nissan Altima special edition, checked out couple dealers around the Pittsburgh area, the best price i got so far is $22000 walkout price, i am wondering is this a good price for the car?
    Thanks
  • ninja15ninja15 Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys.. here is the quote I am getting (cheaper than Costco) in Phoenix -

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan
    SL Package
    Premium Audio Package
    Convenience Package
    Convenience Plus Package
    Aluminum Kick Plate
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats

$24300 + tax & TTL

Let me know what you think.
  • civicsixxxcivicsixxx Member Posts: 4
    That's a good deal I think. I was quoted something similar in DE.

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S
    Premium Audio
    Convenience Pkg
    Convenience Plus Pkg
    Floor Mats
    Rear Spoiler
    Fog Lights
    Aluminum Kick Plates
    Lifetime oil changes

$23,500 + TTL

Dealer said they wouldn't do the special financing on top of this though. I had to choose the special rate or rebates. Credit rating is good so I should still get under 3%.
  • clistclist Member Posts: 1
    My wife thinks I settled too quickly. What do you think?

2012 Altima S

SL Package
    Convenience & Convenience Plus
    Floor Mats

MSRP 27,850

Purchased for $24,500 after $1500 in rebates but they gave us $14,300 for our 2009 Civic that we paid $14,500 for 2 years ago. Our payoff with a $500 down payment left us at:

$20,300 before TTL. Total financed is just above $21,500.

She kept trying to get them down to $24K but they said $24,500 was their invoice and they wouldn't go lower but they did sweeten the trade.

What do you thinK?
  • mspohcamspohca Member Posts: 1
    Hey Edmundians, I am in the DC/MD/VA area, and I am purchasing my 1st car. Wanted to see if I can get some feedback on what should be a fair and reasonable price, or what was the lowest price someone got on either a:

2011 or 2012 Altma Sedan 2.5 S with "The Technology package"(Navigation System).

If I could get a break-down, that would be super great and highly appreciated. Thank you!
  • patilpatil Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I have been offered $22,995 + TTL (about $424) for the following in Manchester, NH.
    NH doesn't have a sales tax but I will have to shell out about $500 for registration apart from the title charges.

Nissan Altima 2.5 S
    Premium audio package
    2.5 SL package (leather)
    2.5 S Convenience plus package

Should I go for this deal?

Thanks in advance,

Sharath
    Hi Sharath

Though the deal is very good, it's not the best.

I think there is space for $300-400 more.

Give the dealer an offer of $22650 + TTL and tell them that you will buy the car right now (provided you are ready). I did this on the phone & told the dealer that I will be there in an hour if he agrees on my price (& he did)

This is just my thought but if a dealer is in a good position, they may not negotiate. On the other hand, it's nearing the end of the month & if they have not met their target they would probably agree.

Remember the deal is very good. If you are happy with everything else, this price is good enough. I was just try to help you to squeeze the best out of the dealer :)
    Hi Rachit,

Thank you for posting your opinion. I shall try negotiating and post the results :)

Thanks,
    Sharath
    Hi Rachit,

Thank you for posting your opinion. I shall try negotiating and post the results :)

Thanks,
    Sharath
    Hi goldieatx,

I need some help in analyzing my deal and would really appreciate if you could look into the details of my deal as shown below:

Would you be able to tell me how much worth was your trade-in. You have mentioned that you paid a total of $3250 dows (is this including or excluding the trade-in value.)

My car cost me $33553 (Cash price including TTL) + $431.87 Gap insurance + $450 dealer maintainance + $312.01 (additional charges such as documentary fees, dealer inventory tax etc...) = $34746.88

I have paid $1000.28 as down payment and the dealership only gave me a $500 recent college graduate discount.
  • vik3001vik3001 Member Posts: 4
    i am looking to buy 2010 altima 2.5S need advice, around 10-20K miles on it....clean good condition...Im in NJ, what kind of price I would be paying for such a car? how do you guys come to a price to negotiate? For eg: if the car is listed for 19,000, where would u start bargaining? and where would u stop? what sites are used to figure out ur pricing?

thanks!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    It seems that 19K is the asking price for most 2010 2.5S. I guess you probably can get the car for about 17k. One thing is you need to look at the carfax and make sure that the car is listed as "Personal own". You don't want to buy a previous rental car or corporate lease car.

Actually, I might want to get rid of my 2010 2.5S w/ 14.5K miles later next month. If you're interested, you can post your email here.
  • bills9640bills9640 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2012 2.5S Super Black Special edition Altima with 5 piece floor mats, aluminum kick plates, and splash guards. Sticker- 24,570. Used VPP program + $1000 Customer cash + $500 Holiday cash + $500 Financing cash to use Nissan financing. The VPP subtracts these incentives from the Invoice price of 23,046. They were ready to sell me this car for 21,046. I told them I would come back tomorrow in the daylight to make sure we liked the color. They tried to throw in the splash guards for free but I still left to think about it. The next morning I contacted another local dealer and they said they could sell the same car (they had 2 in stock) for 20,641. I called the original dealer and they beat that price. It went back and forth for a couple hours. If I didn't call them, they would call me. One told me if they are at that number they are loosing money you better take it. Then he called back anyway and said he would beat it. Finally both said they couldn't do any better so I gave them some time. I didn't get a call back so I went to the best one.

From 24,570 MSRP
    23,046 Invoice

Got it for 19,261 plus tax and tags. Used their financing at 2.74% for now.

That is $5309 under Sticker.

$3785 under Invoice.
  • bills9640bills9640 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2012 2.5S Super Black Special edition Altima with 5 piece floor mats, aluminum kick plates, and splash guards. Sticker- 24,570. Used VPP program + $1000 Customer cash + $500 Holiday cash + $500 Financing cash to use Nissan financing. The VPP subtracts these incentives from the Invoice price of 23,046. They were ready to sell me this car for 21,046. I told them I would come back tomorrow in the daylight to make sure we liked the color. They tried to throw in the splash guards for free but I still left to think about it. The next morning I contacted another local dealer and they said they could sell the same car (they had 2 in stock) for 20,641. I called the original dealer and they beat that price. It went back and forth for a couple hours. If I didn't call them, they would call me. One told me if they are at that number they are loosing money you better take it. Then he called back anyway and said he would beat it. Finally both said they couldn't do any better so I gave them some time. I didn't get a call back so I went to the best one.

From 24,570 MSRP
    23,046 Invoice

Got it for 19,261 plus tax and tags. Used their financing at 2.74% for now.

That is $5309 under Sticker.

$3785 under Invoice.
  • drjosephdiazdrjosephdiaz Member Posts: 1
    2012 Altima Coupe 3.5 csv transmission, premium pack, tech pack, navigation, leather package. They also threw in a new padded cover from Nismo.

Silver, red leather interior.
    $33,000 (including doc fee, delivery fee and advertising fee)
    Ken Garff Riverton, Ogden Utah

I drove there from salt lake city because i couldnt find the 6 cyl with red leather and theu could get it quickest, which took about 20 hours after i paid the deposit to get it there.
  • vik3001vik3001 Member Posts: 4
    my email is xmljar@yahoo.com
  • victor3001victor3001 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy 2010 altima

14K miles
    2.5 S Convenience Plus package + 2.5 S Premium Audio package
    Its clean not excellent

What would be a good price, listed for 18.5K....what would be a really good deal to buy the car? what should i offer? pls let me know asap
  • alnyalny Member Posts: 1
    what do you think of this

trad in: 4,500
    residual: 14,500

39 month, 0 down, tax included in the price, 12000 miles

$160 monthly

Thank you
  • wanttoleasewanttolease Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    Hi,

I'm looking to Buy (not lease)

2011 2.5S Altima Coupe CVT and I'm being quoted at $20,200 + Taxes and Liscencing. How much lower can I get them to go?

TIA! Looking to buy within a week.
  • victor3001victor3001 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy 2010 altima

14K miles
    2.5 S Convenience Plus package + 2.5 S Premium Audio package
    Its clean not excellent

What would be a good price, listed for 18.5K....what would be a really good deal to buy the car? what should i offer? pls let me know asap
    edited September 2011
    It's a 2 years old car why it's only clean and not excellent. A door ding or a scratch bumper should be still in excellent condition.

I say about 17k for private party and 17.5-18 for dealer if it's excellent.
  • 1dipstick1dipstick Member Posts: 4
    I was offered the following from M'Lady in Crystal Lake IL

Make: 2012 Nissan
    Model: Altima 2.5 S
    Options: Splash Guards, Premium Audio Package, Conveneince Package, Convenience Plus Package, SL Package, Alloy Kick PLate, Floor Mats, Trunk Sub Floor Orgainzer
    MSRP: $28,990.00

Internet Price: $22,127.00

Includes Current Manufacturer Incentives (limited offer)
    It seems like a real nice deal 1dipstick. If I were in your place, I would buy the car immediately.
  • 1dipstick1dipstick Member Posts: 4
    I just forwarded this offer to a competing dealer and they came back and said that they would match that price. So it seems like no b/s.
    A 2012 Altima 2.5SL can be had for $6800 under MSRP!
    I think that in '13 the updated model is expected to come out. :confuse:
    edited September 2011
    6.8k off MSRP is crazy. It's not normal...make sure it's not a demo. I think 5k off for a loaded Altima is normal. I wouldn't be too happy until I get the car.
    No way is this 6.8k off MSRP deal real.
    I don't think it's possible...may be next May when they try to clear the room for the all new 2013.
    Anybody bought a 2011 2.5S CVT Coupe? There's like 10 around my area and none of them will go below 20,000. Do you think they'll eventually cave?
  • makarkamakarka Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2011
    I am looking at 2011 Altima 2.5S with
    - SL Package
    - Convenience Package
    - Convenience Plus Package
    - Floor mats
    - Splash guards
    - Bluetooth
    - Aluminum kick plates

I am being offered $24,486 (about $1300 below invoice)
    Minus $1,500 in current incentives
    For a total of $22,986

Is this a good deal? How much more can I expect to knock down?
    I think that's really good. 28k MSRP? That's about 5K off.
    The prices vary based on availability and number of dealers in the area too.

I bought a 2011 Nissan Altima in San Francisco bay area 2 months back and based on the number of dealers here and my buying experience, I think this is a good deal but not a great deal.

I got the car with Convenience package + Floor mats +splash guards + Al kick plates for $21072 - $1250 (Nissan rebate) - $500 (New college grad) = $19322

Equivalently, if the availability in your area is similar to mine, I feel you should be able to negotiate another $500.
  • grupo999grupo999 Member Posts: 4
    Hi 1dipstick, I am interested in the same car (in Chicagoland area) and will appreciate knowing if you did end up closing the deal and the final price paid. Thanks!
  • bigterpajbigterpaj Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Started looking at an Altima the other day and I found some great deals on a 2011 3.5SR V6. MSRP on the car is $26,700 and I wanted to negotiate down the price. Got them down to $20,087.

Got them down to an out the door price of $22,670 that's including tax, tags and they are paying for the fees and freight.

Good Deal? Any Thoughts?
  • svn26svn26 Member Posts: 4
    In northern california all of Nissan dealers have offered big discounts for awhile and advertised prices for the Altima 2.5S start from under $18k. Meanwhile the Camry LE is $23k upwards.. it's a better car but not $5k better.... how is Nissan able to offer such value?
  • lucasqlucasq Member Posts: 20
    That is an amazing price!
  • jjizzimjjizzim Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I'm in the market for a used Altima 2.5 S. I located on at a local dealer (Miami FL Area) and their internet price for a 2008 Altima with leather seats, sun roof, and convenience package was $16,995. Their first offer was $17995 and I got them down to $14995. They would not go any lower than that. I was looking for a $15000 out the door price but they're out the door price was $17000. This included a $600 dealer fee.(they actually let me leave) Should I try to negotiate down further or should I buy it at this price. Oh the car as 47k miles on it. the TMV is around $13500. The vehice is in excellent condition (or at least it looks that way).
  • alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    edited October 2011
    That is an incredibly good deal and I wonder what consumer rebates did you apply to the deal and how much incentives did dealer have to reduce it such low? Invoice on that car is about 26,729 w/ dest. chgs. included so they discounted by 4,602 off invoice? Am I missing anything here?

I was offered 24,662 plus TTL (1,500 buyer rebates) by Dallas/Ft Worth area dealer. It's a 2012 Altima 2.5 SL with Conv.pkg, Conv. plus, Prem. Audio pkg. & SL leather pkg. , mats, trunk org. & tinting etc.

Any DFW area buyers getting great deals please share with us. Based on reading other posts 23k-23.5k is a very doable deal for above spec. car.
  • alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    Yes that is an amazingly good deal. I would jump at it.

Will you share the name and location of the dealership? I am getting offer for same spec car for over 24.6k + TTL with 1500 rebates in Dallas area. Doc fees are 190!