Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    Have you negotiated the price for an Altima. Can you provide the dealership name and locations? Thanks!

Here the base 2.5s isat 21000 with dest. included less rebates!
    We just bought a 2012 Altima 2.5 SL with Conv.pkg, Conv. plus, Prem. Audio pkg. & SL leather pkg. , mats, trunk org. & tinting etc. at $23,500 plus 6.25% sales tax and other state and doc. chgs are about $330 (doc fees=149 inc.). The dealership is Courtesy Nissan, Richardson, TX.
    Used phone and email to nail down the deal but they tried to write it up as 24 k.

We wanted Nissan's own extended warrant that dealers are selling for 2300 for 84 mths 100k bumper - bumper, which actually is 4yr/64k extended. Its honored by Nissan dealers and is transferable for small fee. Vaden Nissan in Savannah Georgia will sell it for 1286 lump sum or 200 more for 17 mth. financing. It also includes car rental and roadside assitance. There are varying lenght program but it starts from date the new car was placed in service. Here itheir link:

http://www.vadennissanprotectionplans.com/warranty_quote3.html?msg=Contact%20Rec- ord%20Added
  • ldang78728ldang78728 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP 31,040 / Paid OTD price 26,800.
    With Sport and premium packages, Alumium kick plates, 5 pcs carpet set.
    Does this deal fairly good?
    Thanks
  • goldenstonegoldenstone Member Posts: 4
    Got $20k OTD for Nissan 2012 Altima 2.5 base model, is the deal ok?
    What was the selling price of the car before rebates and what rebates were applied to final price?

How much was the TTL and doc. fees and what city, state was it bought in? OTD doesnt help in gauging how good a deal it is?
  • goldenstonegoldenstone Member Posts: 4
    dealership name: Van York Nissan
    city: greensboro, high point
    state: NC
    Car selling: $18,920 including rebate
    Rebate: $1,750
    Tax: $620
    document: $390
    License: $70
    Total: @ 20k
  • ckone0814ckone0814 Member Posts: 71
    2012 Altima 2.5, SL, Conv, Conv+, Premium Audio, mats, splash guards.

Msrp 28,680
    Paid 22,863 + tax and tags.
  • rpoabrrpoabr Member Posts: 7
    Been shopping and working through the internet offers. My question is what should i send as my "i'll come buy it now if you do it for this price" offer?

2 Choices:
    Altima 2Dr Coupe 2.5s- Conv pkg, premium pkg, 5 piece carpet, rear spoiler- they are offering $23,900 inc 1750 rebates+TTL in Dallas. Thinking 22,500?

Altima 4Dr Sedan 2.5s- Conv Pkg, Conv Pkg+, Premium Audio, kick plates, splash guards (NO SL leather, etc)- they are offering 23,500 inc rebates+TTL. Thinking 22,000?

I want to be very aggressive as i'm not in a rush and am pretty flexible in general. Let me know your thoughts, i guess i have nothing to lose by going extra low worst case :)

Thanks,
    Rob
    The total rebates if you qualify are 3150, visit Nissan site. Take invoice less 2000 dealer discount plus 3150 and yes its possible to get 2.5SLsedan with Premium sound pkg w/Bose for about 21.5 or 22k for sure.

I got mine in Oct. at Courtesy Nissan, RICHARDSON thru Howard Griffin for 23.5 k when rebates were 1500 only. ALSO THEY ONLY TOOK OFF ONLY 1667 when I should have pushed for more.

Its a great time to buy Altima and it does give us avg. 26 mpg. Wish had waited
  • g_kodg_kod Member Posts: 2
    I just bought silver 2012 altima 2.5S with floor mats, kick plates, ground lighting, splash guards for 19133+tax and tags. I was wondering is this OK price?? This is with 0% APR financing through NMAC. Also i would like to know what kind of mileage on average everybody is getting??

Thanks!
  • ca_buyerca_buyer Member Posts: 2
    This is a great price. Did you add any packages on top of the base 2.5S?

I am also looking for the 2.5S base. Can you post details about the rebates you got and also the dealer information?

Thanks!
  • g_kodg_kod Member Posts: 2
    no packages,
    dealership name: Faulkner Nissan
    city: philadelphia
    Car selling: $19133, including rebate
    Rebate: $1,000 ($500 NMAC rebate, $500 holiday cash, 0% for 60months)
    Tax and tags: $1367
    Total: 20.5k
  • johntenjohnten Member Posts: 13
    What would be a good price for a 2008 CPO 2.5 S with 40K miles? From what I could tell the car is in great condition. I didn't see any scratches outside. Except for a few minor scratches, and a couple of nooks and crannies the dealer didn't clean, the interior looks almost pristine. They showed me the Carfax report. It's only had 1 owner and was originally purchased in my state.

They said they'd sell it at $15,000 but that seems too high for a 4 year old car. What's a good price? And what's a good price for for Nissan Security+ warranty? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • johntenjohnten Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2011
    This would be for a sedan with a CVT transmission.
  • milolmilol Member Posts: 3
    Got the 2012 2.5S Anniversary Package (fog, spoiler, alloy wheel, leather steering wheel with audio control, bluetooth). Price was $16850. Also offered us base for $16100. This does not include $760 freight+$200 processing+tag+tax. OTD was ~$19300
  • amanchanamanchan Member Posts: 3
    Where did you buy it. This seems to be way below Invoice.
    That car should be around 18.5 k with rebates and dealer discounts, so how did you arrive at that price?

It's not a deal its a steal unless we are missing something here. Can we get dealership name and where is it located?
  • walletlesswalletless Member Posts: 40
    Nissan Sunnyvale is advertising 2012 Altima 2.5 Base (auto transmission) for $16,888 after rebates. I have emailed them to ask for the OTD price incl. TTL - will call them tomorrow morning. Good deal?

Advert: http://www.nissansunnyvale.com/specials/new.htm
    Which dealership? This is an amazing price!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I wouldn't give much hope from that post especially from a new member w/ 1 post.

Let see... a 2.5S w/ Anniv + a couple normal options (floor mats, splash guards...)

MSRP = 24,600
    Invoice = 23,239
    His selling price = 16850 + 760 = 17610
    It's 7K under the MSRP or 5.6K under invoice.

People are happy to fly there to get this deal.
    edited December 2011
    I was actually searching online to see if I got a good deal on our car and came upon this thread. We thought we overpaid because in 2004 we bought our 04 Altima S Base from the same dealership for ~$15,000 OTD. However, it seems like this was a good deal so here's the details:

The dealership is Darcars Nissan. Two locations: Rockville,MD and College Park,MD. If you go on Cars.com and search for new altima in zip code 20814 and filter from lowest to highest, it will come up under "Darcars College Park $16,100". Did 0 negotiating as they wanted the business (Badly it seemed). Here's what I did:

Called up Darcars Rockville and told them I saw 2012 Altima S Base for $16,100 on Cars.com for Darcars College Park. Wondered if they would match if I go there instead. Was told yes and to come in. Went in, test drove, looked at a few colors, and was immediately told I would be given the advertised price. Tried to haggle even lower and was told they would not move a penny. Asked to negotiate the Anniv Edition we saw because we liked the color better (slate); was informed by manager that Anniv edition would be $750 more. Figured the alloy wheels itself was worth that much so we took the deal.

When paperwork came, it was listed as $19,000ish retail - $3,000ish in rebates(don't have paperwork in front of me). Please note I qualified for $500 recent college grad discount (must graduate within last 2 years). However, for another car we bought I was 6 months away from graduating and they just took my word for it.

Hope this helps. Good hunting all.
    Great deal! Congrats on the new car. Here in the Bay Area, prices are competitive, but not as low as the deal you got. The best offer I received for the base 2.5 trim was 16888 before ttl+delivery. OTD prices are around 20k for base 2.5.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Can you post the link to the "filter from lowest to highest"? It seems I don't see that option. I saw a "special" button and lowest special I saw that is $17,268 for BASE 2.5 (No S).

Also, 14k + TTL for a new 2004 Altima. My brother in law just traded in his base '05 Altima for 9.5k. I don't remember anyone here got that kind of deal in 2004.
  • carisfuncarisfun Member Posts: 6
    I say this is BS either to bash the Altima or to advertise Darcars dealer.

1. 16,100 + 750 != 19,000 - 3,000 I know you don't have the paperwork in front of you but...)

2. 15K OTD for a new 2004 Altima? A dealer in PA gave my friend 12K cash for his 2003 base Altima w/ about 30k miles in 2005. He didn't get a new car b/c he moved back to his country.
    edited December 2011
    $16,100+750 for anniv package upgrade + 760 freight + 200 processing fee + ttl + 6% tax.

Here's the link, gooddeal2

Just looked at our old purchase agreement with the dealer in 2004. It was negotiated down to ~$13500 for 2004 Altima S Base including protective paint coating and lifetime oil changes from the dealer, freight was split 50/50 with dealer and processing waived. We had 5% tax at the time. The game changer might've been that we paid for it in cash. However, we did end up financing our 2012.

I don't work for Darcars or know anyone that's related in some way to the car sales industry. The only connection I have with them is we bought our previous altima there. Please don't flame me and say my purchase is BS because your experience was different. We all have our own experiences and that's why this thread exist. I post here so that others might be able to save some money themselves or at least know how low dealers are willing to sell their cars for.
    edited December 2011
    How is this deal for a new 2.5 S? I do not need the add-ons like carpeted floor, splash guard, etc - but the dealer is unwilling to remove them - this is the best and lowest price he can offer.

Sale Price 22,570
    Carpeted Floor 180
    Splash Guard 140
    Freight Charge 760
    Stevens Creek Nissan discount (2,900)
    Nissan Customer Cash (1,250)
    December Bonus cash (500)
    NMAC Bonus Cash (500)
    Internet Price 18400 + Tax + license

OTD price comes to ~20,500. Caveat is that I need to get financing from them in order to qualify for some of the cash bonuses.. but I am already pre-approved from nwfcu for 1.49% APR, so I am hoping that the dealer can beat that.

Also, when accepting delivery of the car, what things should I look out for before signing the paperwork.. I did a quick-and-dirty list here... anything else to add to the list?

• Owner’s Manual
    • Jack, Spare tire, Floor Mats included
    • Radio, CD, Aux Input, all work
    • Verify exterior color, interior color, Trim, and all options. Wipers, wheel hubcap included
    • Ensure Headlight, tail light, parking light, hazard light, horn, brake lights, direction indicators function properly
    • Gas tank is full, gas cap is included
    • Check Odometer to verify new
    • Check car condition – no scratches, dents, etc. Ask them for a car wash to ensure you are not seeing dirt instead of scratches
    • Car keys, extra/spare keys, etc are included
    • All Seat’s adjustment working properly
    • Verify correct tire pressure
    • Pop hood, ask where washer fluid, coolant, etc go
    • VIN matches on car and paperwork
    • Power windows, doors, side mirrors work properly
    • Alarm system arm/disarms properly
    • Financing – early payment clause?
    • Financing - Verify that interest rate is final – ask for payment coupon book
    • Warranty Certificate included
    HNY to all. I bought the 2.5S base with floor mats and splash guard for 18250+tax. OTD in Santa Clara was 20200.
  • ca_buyerca_buyer Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations on your new car.

Did you take the nissan finance to get the rebates? I am seeing newspaper ads with quotes from 17,500 to 18,000. What's the catch there?
    No.. Nissan finance would have taken another $500 off that price, but the lowest rates they offered were 3.49%, so I passed on it since I had NWFCU approval for 1.49%
    There were two rebates I did not use:
    1) New grad rebate ($500) : This requires that you either have graduated within the last 2 years, or are currently enrolled in grad school. I did not qualify for this.
    2) NMAC Rebate ($500): This requires financing through Nissan. The rates were too high (they advertise 0% APR, but the finance guy told me the lowest will be 3.49% - this was even before he ran any credit checks.. so I told him not to hard pull since I have better rates anyway).

The math for my car was:
    MSRP: 23,xxx
    Negotiated down to: 20,000 (incl. $760 freight/destination charge)
    Nissan Rebate: (1750)
    Price: 18,250 + tax, license, doc fee
    OTD: 20,219 (Santa Clara County in North California)
  • newbie2carsnewbie2cars Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2012
    The price offered by an independent used car dealership is 17K but they don't negotiate at all and they don't finance. I checked with the bank and with the down payment and all, the interest rate would be 6.9% (which I think is really high for someone with an excellent credit)... Anyway, the real question is that with the interest, is the car worth buying? It is loaded with heated leather seats, keyless ignition, and all the cool stuff but I just don't know if it's worth it... On the other hand, I'm getting a new 2012 Sentra SL (leather seats, no navigation) for $19K OTD with 0% financing for 34 months... Which is a better deal if I make a 5K downpayment? Thanks, everyone!

EDIT: I read that some people used other sources than bank to finance their car... could someone tell me what they used? The bank rate is ridic!! :cry:
    Banks will almost always have high rate than credit unions. Try penfed & nwfcu. If you have excellent credit, you should qualify for either at 1.99 and 1.49% respectively.
  • srigosrigo Member Posts: 1
    I think i paid the Lowest price ever for a New Nissan Altima,

This is in March 2011, i Purchased a Nissan Altima Base 2.5 (Model without stereo) no accessories included

15,400 (Cost of car including Destination) + 599 (Dealer Fee) + Tax (3%) + Title

I got this deal in Team Nissan in Atlanta GA, i got this deal from Truecar. i kept on searching this kind of price but couldn't find it again,

Yesterday i went to Nissan of Stafford to buy a base Altima for my Cousin and Price he purchased is 15,600(Car cost not including destination)+750(Destination)+ 599 (Dealer fee) + tax.

good thing is the car included kick plates, 5 piece floor mats, under car lighting practically nullifying the 750 destination he paid extra (Comparing to my deal)

Note: Both of us don't qualify for Military Discount but are Eligible for Graduate Discount of $500

milol -- do you qualify for Military discount? Because when we called DAR Card he said to get ur Pricing we need to qualify for Military Discount
  • newbie2carsnewbie2cars Member Posts: 15
    Thanks, will try that. As far as '09 Altima or '12 Sentra goes, which one is a better pick?
    Can't go wrong with either.. but really depends on what you want it for.. They are cars from two different categories.

Altima: Larger, more roomy, bigger trunk space, but lower mileage
    Sentra: Smaller/compact, but pretty good mileage

Decide the size, then compare the price between a used and new car for the same car..
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Better to buy a new car than a used one if price is the same. New car comes with the warranty...a good thing to have. Used have other drivers who might not treat a car the way you do. Go for the new Sentra SL...I really like 'em, especially the red one I sat in at the dealer last month.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• ohlodeohlode Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Bought yesterday. Slate exterior; frost interior. MSRP was $22,570.00, plus splash guards, floor & trunk mats and destination charge ($760. to Boise, ID) for a total window sticker retail price of $23,650.00. The dealer's no hassle, no haggle price was $17999.00. (not including Tax, Title, Tags.) I added their similiar after market alloys and Nissan all weather mats for another $600.00, plus tax. I actually liked the look of the after market alloys (Vision Wheel) better than OEM alloys. After comparing the Camry, Sonata, Optima, and the Accord this vehicle won hands down in overall value. The Altima is my second Nissan (2008 Pathfinder) and I highly recommend this manufacturer and Dennis Dillion Nissan on Fairview in Boise.
    **note: Nissan's $750 rebate was contingent on Nissan financing (3.29 % APR for 60 months) That was .04 % higher than my Credit union rate.
    Summation: Couldn't get the other 4 dealers below $21K for a comparably equipped vehicle. Toyota dealer was even higher and the other Nissan dealer wouldn't match this price. Hope this is helpful!
    This dealer had the base 2.5 Altima during Xmas vacation for $15888.00. Sold all four in a few days. Just driving around the city the last two days I'm getting 27.7 to 28.0 mpg. Very impressed with the CVT transmission with manual shifting and the intelligent key. This is a lot of car for $18K... Not a "soft ride" but solid and responsive.
    That's a great deal indeed! I agree, Altima is a very smooth drive - I am talking after test driving Accord, Camry, Sonata, and this on the same road which includes some speed bumps, rough roads, and freeway. The car was atleast on par with Accord in smoothness, and way better than Camry. Sonata was the last in my rank, although it was good value for money overall. The only question with Altima is the long-term reliability (i.e. will it go to 200k miles without major problems like the Accord and Camry.. but that's a gamble I am willing to take right now).

In retrospect, I think I could have gone for the 2.5 Base model instead of 2.5S, and bought my own audio player with bluetooth built-in (the add-on package on 2.5S that includes Bluetooth is expensive IMO). The base model comes with 4 speakers (2.5S comes with 6), but that would have been enough for me. The base model has all the wiring in place to quickly install an after-market audio player.

Anyone has suggestions for good in-car bluetooth that are not too expensive on the wallet (and no monthly fees like onstar)?
  • dr94087dr94087 Member Posts: 9
    I paid 15999+tax (Calif) for 2012 base altima 2.5
    Thats it, no extra charges.
    Also I got the new color - dark slate !!
    This was a dealer adv price in Bay area.
  • joejoewongjoejoewong Member Posts: 2
    Just signed the contract with a dealer for a 2012 Altima 2.5 base with free Floor and Trunk Mats, free service plan (oil and tire rotation), free navigation. About $16300 OTD including everyting. Capital region NY.
  • new_car_tnnew_car_tn Member Posts: 4
    Does a 2.5 base come with Navigation?
    edited January 2012
    No. Base 2.5 is really base. No music/mp3, no navigation, no iltelligentkey. It does come with 4 speakers and its wired so you can easily install an aftermarket music/mp3 player and save $$. The 2.5S comes with music/mp3, 6 speakers, and intelligentkey.
    I like this car more and more. 27.9 to 28.0 mpg around the city. I like the dual exhaust tips and the sporty look of the Vision Wheel alloys I purchased along with the all weather mats. This is the second time I've bought all weather mats (2008 Pathfinder) and I just leave them in year round.
    For the money, this is the best sedan I've seen at the best price. Nissan has it figured out. They give you more for less.
    Love the Dark Slate with Frost interior.
  • joejoewongjoejoewong Member Posts: 2
    No. The navigation device should be a separate one from the dealer.
  • iceliiceli Member Posts: 1
    hi joejoewong, I am also looking at this car these two days, however i cannot get a good OTD from nearby dealers even lower than 18000 :( Would you please send me anonymized invoice to toloice@gmail.com, thank you so much! -Li
  • cmyawncmyawn Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2012
    Just leased a 2012 Altima Sedan, 2.5S w/ SL, Tech, Conv, Conv+, Premium Audio, Spoiler, Splash Guards, Fog Lights, Floor/Trunk Mats, MSRP = 31,140. Black w/ blond leather. Sales price, $28,096 (quoted as $800 below invoice, and based upon truecar that appears true, edmunds price calculator seems off a bit (yielded $28,847, but the MRSP was off by $160 on edmunds.com)). $825 lease rebate, $500 loyalty rebate, $500 MLK weekend rebate all applied to take the total sales price to $26,271. Up-front costs are a total of $823.21, including doc ($397.90), tags ($73), first payment (283.43), and $68.88 in taxes. Payments are $275.17 plus $8.26 3% NC tax for a total of 283.43. 39 month lease, 12,000 miles per year. $595 acquisition fee rolled into the lease. I was going to lease for 36 months, but the dealer pointed out that going to 39 months saved about $14 a month, and that Nissan was offering early outs on their leases (they did offer that to me in September, for my 2009 Altima that I turned in). So I went for 39 months.

Dealer was Michael Jordan Nissan in Durham, NC. I had 3 other dealers willing to take $800 to $1000 off the invoice for a new Altima, plus the $1825 off for rebates, but this dealership had the car that most closely met our option/color needs (Black was my wife's second choice on color, she really wanted Tuscan Sun, but there was not one in the state of NC w/ the Technology Package). I tried to get the dealer to $1000 off invoice, but he was firm at $800 off. I did all the negotiations by email/phone. Got to the dealership, everything was as promised and I was in/out in 75 minutes, which included the paperwork for my new car, the paperwork for my 2009 Altima lease turn-in, changing/verifying my insurance coverage, and transferring all my maps/tools/junk from the old car to the new one. No attempt to up-sell me on unwanted paint sealant, nitrogen in tires, maintenance agreements, etc. I rate this dealer A+.

In addition, NMAC has committed to waive the $395 disposition fee on my 2009 Altima lease since I leased a new Altima through NMAC. I count that as another incentive, bringing the total in incentives to $2220. Love the new car!
  • livindol2012livindol2012 Member Posts: 5
    Just got a 2.5SL, Silver, black leather, Premium Audio, Convenience pkgs, ground lighting. Invoice $8K, paid $22,848. LOVE the car! Went on truecar.com through Consumer Reports and printed out certificate...dealership honored price. Was there for 4 hours, but it was a holoiday weekend...very busy.
  • livindol2012livindol2012 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know the pricing of the Maintenance Plus? Is it worth it? I'm in the NY Tri-state area.
  • texasuser786texasuser786 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a new 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with Annv Package on Jan 16 in San Antonio, TX.

I got the 2.5S with Anniversary package + Carpeted floor mats + Aluminum kick plates + Splash Guards + 0% APR + 0 down payment + Grad discount.

The car was listed at some $24770 or so.

I got it out of door for USD 20500. I could have got it for USD 19000 (OTD) but have to lose USD 1500 discount as I wanted the 0% apr.

I love the car and hope I got a good deal. What do you guys say?