Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• zfoxzfox Member Posts: 3
    Residual is listed as $11,571 and Cap Cost reduction is listed $1,830.
    The msrp is $24,944. Adjusted cap cost after reduction is 23,114
  • steveaspesisteveaspesi Member Posts: 46
    i'd say the adjusted cap cost shows the dealer is getting the best of the deal

he's allowing you to get in with nothing down which is great for you, but he's getting it all back and more on the back end. You might be able to get the monthly down if he'll at least kick in the factory discount. I'm not sure if his hands are tied with a higher milege lease - I would guess not.

I think that adjusted cost should be at least 3,000 under msrp.
  • me4altimame4altima Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am badly looking for a Nissan 2.5 S w/20th Anniversary package and am in the Edison area. Could you tell me which is the dealer who was able to give you these deals? I would love to make a deal today itself!
  • gmosesgmoses Member Posts: 3
    So I did a lot of research and I got a lot of quotes on line from NJ dealers and narrowed it down to a few... I was trying to get a 2012 Altima coupe 2.5 with no frills... After some back and forth and my wife falling in love with the Bose upgrade. I went back and forth but decided to get the car they were pushing on me that they had on the lot. It was the coupe with 2.5 and the premium package and the convenience package. It also has a few small extras like windproof moonroof and exterior puddle lights whatever they are worth.. Any way MSRP was 28886. I ended getting the price down to about 22750. The payment are 360 a month with 3000 down and that included motor vehicle and all other tax and fees. But i have no idea if it is a good price because i mostly was comparing the no frills deal and in the end went for it because one other dealer said that same deal was what he would give me the no frills no add ons so i thought it was a good deal...
  • leggyleggy Member Posts: 45
    Looks like a good price for me.

I got a quotation for basic 4dr Altima v6, out of the door 23.5k and the other 24.5k or NY but did not buy any because the dealer with 23.5k had black only, I do not like that color, and the one with 24.5k offered 24k but I went to the store then said 24.5 so I walked away. The prices are without 1500 rebates. Although the dealer of 23.5k said no rebate used but I was not sure if they meant that or would have changed their mind when signing the paper.
    Still looking.
  • sleepywilbursleepywilbur Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote. Is this a good one? Thanks.

2012 Altima 2.5S Sedan
    Super Black with Black leather
    All standard factory equipment plus these options:
    -wheel locks
    -Nitrogen filled tires
    -window tint
    -convience package
    -convience package plus
    -premium audio package
    -SL package
    -aluminum/Illuminated kick plates
    - Floor and trunk mats
    - Splash guards
    MSRP: $29,045
    Nissan Rebate:
    College Grad:
    Dealer discount:
    Total savings:
    Your price: $23,473 +ttl
  • leggyleggy Member Posts: 45
    Looks good to me. Which state your dealer is in?
  • tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    Hi,
    Can you tell me what dealer you got that price from in NJ ? I am looking for a 2.5S with 20th Anniversary pkg.

thanks !!!
  • longtermlongterm Member Posts: 3
    First a note to all who post. Thank you for sharing your information.
    PLEASE be aware that -especially- out the door prices, and prices that don't detail the rebates and incentives and MSRP/packages options are not very useful.

Please note that dealer fees vary by dealers and states. Taxes, tags licensing, etc., the DMV fees vary by state.

Please present:
    1. MSRP sticker price including destination charge
    2. invoice price if known
    3. price agreed upon before trade-in, cash down, rebates, incentives, dealer fees, DMV fees taxes.
    4. rebates and incentives used
    5. final price before trade-in, cash down payments,
    6. Trade-in details as some dealers can add to the trade value and inflate the price on the new car...
    7. if giving an OTD price please detail the taxes and fees included in that price
    edited April 2012
    Went to 2 dealers in Southwest VA, dealer #1 is First Team Nissan in Roanoke. Took several rounds of negotiating to get to these prices.
    4/20/12
    - 2012 Altima 2.5S with:
    20th Anniv. package,
    carpet floor/trunk mats,
    slash guards,
    aluminum kick plates,
    Trunk Sub-Floor Organizer w/First Aid/Emergency Kit

MSRP (incl. $780 destination fee)
    $25070

Price before rebates/fees/DMV/Tax
    at dealer #1 ..........................................at dealer #2
    $21977 .................................................. $22747
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    -$1500 rebate........................................ -$1500 rebate
    -$750 rebate.......................................... -$750 rebate
    +$500 dealer processing fee................. +$247 dealer processing fee

final price before VA taxes and DMV fees
    at dealer #1..........................................at dealer #2
    $20227 ............................................... $20744
    I am relaying information from a family member. Very little to no haggling was done.
    I do not know the details on the trade-in to provide an estimated value. My best guess is it was a 2006 Chevy Impala with leather and a lot of other options/features in very good condition. It may have been a 2007 or 2005. The dealer may have padded the trade-in value an extra $1000--or was right on target--I don't know.

4/15/12
    Near Huntington/Charleston WV
    2012 Altima 2.5 SL
    2.5SL Leather Package
    Convenience Package
    Convenience Plus Package
    Floor and Trunk Mats (5 Piece)
    Splash Guards

MSRP with $780 dest. fee.................$27850
    was told invoice was........................$25896
    rebate used .................................... -$1500
    rebate used .................................... -$750
    trade-in loaded Chevy Impala......... -$9000

price after rebates and before trade-in was....$23646
    I think the dealer fee was $175 so before tax/DMV.....$23821
  • jdraxjdrax Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    For the 2013 altima will dealers tend to give good deals for pre-orders? Since not many people will want to pre-order without checking it out or test driving? They are offering complimentary 3 year / 45k mile maintenance to pre-order.
  • dperonedperone Member Posts: 14
    What dealer in NJ was this deal? So far no one has stated where they have gotten these great deals. I have not been successful and this is my 9th Nissan from 9 different dealers. You'd think they would reward loyalty.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to anyone between the age of 20 and 30 who needed financial help from a parent to buy a new car. If you fit this description – or if you are a parent who has helped a 20-something son or daughter buy a new car - and you’d like to share your story, please send your daytime contact information to PR@edmunds.com no later than 3 p.m. Pacific/6 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, May 3, 2012.
  • derfsonderfson Member Posts: 14
    PRE ORDER PRICE ON 2.5 SV ALTIMA W/SUNROOF
    Version 2013 Nissan 2.5 SV Sedan $24,100
    Transmission Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission) with manual mode Included
    Packages Convenience Package $1,350
    Accessories Splash Guards (4-piece set) $145
    Carpeted Floor and Trunk Mats $185
    Body Side Moldings $170
    Interior Accent Lighting $200
    Other Destination & Handling $780
    Pre-Order Incentive 3 years/45,000 miles Free Maintenance INCLUDED*
    Estimated MSRP $26,930
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    ref: 3191
    Suggest leasing versus buying of a NEW model design. Never know if the redesign has some initial hiccups that you will be stuck with if you are in the first batch of buyers. just my .02
  • derfsonderfson Member Posts: 14
    I GOTCHA BUT BETWEEN PREORDER INCENTIVE AND 36 MONTH WARRANTEE AND A LEASE WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DUMP AFTER 3 YEARS IF THINGS ARE THAT BAD I FEEL SAFE ENOUGH. PLUS I HAVE HAD 4 NISSANS SINCE 1995 AND HAVE HAD ONE EMISSIONS SENSOR REPLACED COVERED BY WARRANTEE.
  • redhotslk280redhotslk280 Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up a brand new 2012 Altima 2.5S with MSRP $23980 for $19,209 OTD.
    Here is the break down:
    MRSP: $23980
    Discount: $6250
    Total: $17730
    3% NC tax: 532
    Dealer Processing Fee: $699
    NC Tags: $248
    Total "Out The Door" price: $19,209.
  • carbuyer1708carbuyer1708 Member Posts: 1
    No additions or packages to the car? convenience package or 20th anniv package, etc?
    No package, just trunk and floormate.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    Has anyone seen a 2013 at a Dealer yet?
    I understand that production has started,
    but the sales dweeb I spoke with last night
    said he knew nothing...
    Thanks,
    - Ray
    Interested to see one in person,
    liking the pictures I have seen so far....
    2022 X3 M40i
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I saw a dealer in Philly has 1 on their website, peruzzi nissan.
    Ah - looks like my local dealer just received
    their first one as well.
    Thanks,
    - Ray
    On my list of places to go on Saturday AM.....
    2022 X3 M40i
  • flurofluro Member Posts: 2
    Had pre-ordered online, went in to dealer to see demo, signed P&S for 3.5 SL w/ tech and mats. Paid MSRP but got $500 more for my trade than it was worth. That plus the prepaid maintenance seemed like an okay deal. Left deposit of $500, was told to expect delivery in 6-8 weeks.
    Saw one in person today, at a dealer here north of HotLanta...
    2022 X3 M40i
  • hairmechanichairmechanic Member Posts: 15
    wow. 17,730 is a great price. can you tell me what dealership this is and who you worked with. also, did you have to jump through fire to get that price?
    i purchased the car at EastCharlotteNissan in Charlotte NC, I negociated the price over the internet and picked up the car next day. it's easy, no hassle.
  • kirikkirik Member Posts: 2
    Bought a new 2012 Altima 2.5SL with Bose for $25662 here in greater pitt area.

Breakdown:
    Price of the car: $24000 even ( after all rebates and negotiations)(Included carpet mats/splash guards/trunk mat)
    Tax: 1440 (6%)
    TTL and misc stuff: $222

Final price out the door was $25662. Winter Frost Exterior and Charcoal Leather Interior :)
  • hairmechanichairmechanic Member Posts: 15
    can you tell me who you worked with? whomever i'm in contact with is only offer $4750 off MSRP of $23,490 for the 2.5S base. I want to get as close to $17,703 as possible which is about 1K off.
    i don't think they allow me to post name of saleperson on the forum, i try to PM you the infor, but he's the sale manager, his first name start with letter "F". talk to him and he will take off $6250 on the MSRP. print my previous post and send to him.
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    That's a sweet deal. With Bose Premium Audio, I guess the MSRP is around $28,700.

Did you get any special financing offer? and did the discount (4700) include grad discount or any other offers ? My friend purchased 2011 model in Aug, 2011 and she got 0% financing for 60 months !

I live in the Philly area and I'm having a hard time deciding if I wanna go with the 2012 SL or wait for the 2013 SL. But the price premium for 2013 is about $2000 !!
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    The price premium is probably a whole lot more than $2000 and it should be. The 2012s are being discounted $5k or more because the new Altima is so much improved and will be a hot seller and the 2012s will be sitting on the lots once the 2013s start rolling in. The 2013s will be discounted very little until they have some hot competition come fall....the new Fusion. Then things will get better for purchasing a 2013 Altima.
  • ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2012
    As of July 1st, Edmund/Nissan offer cashback (Visa Cash Card) if you buy Altima. Amount varies, as I got both $500 and $250 off. $750 off of Camry ended on July 1st.
  • kirikkirik Member Posts: 2
    Altima 2013s are great, but I needed a car soon and could not wait long to get good discounts on it 2013s. 2012s are not bad at all and its still a great car.

I did not get any special fin offer. I financed with Nissan at standard APR(got 4.99%) . This got me to knockoff $1500 more on the MSRP. The dealer suggested me to go for it and then refinance. So that I get to keep the discount.

I bought the car on June 25th, refinanced it on 27th externally for 2.5%.
    No graduate discount.
  • szaggyszaggy Member Posts: 4
    Wonder if anyone has input on a dealer offer (Madison, WI) of 27.5K for a Black Altima SL - moonroof, bose package included. This price is for 63 payments of $439 (includes the base car price, financing, tax, etc) .
    I thought it was a good deal but once I got on line and checked over different websites I am not so sure anymore.

Any thoughts about this offer?
  • growing_creditgrowing_credit Member Posts: 26
    Hello,

Does any one know what would be a fair price to pay/negotiate for? I am planning to buy one next month. I am located in central jersey.

Also can anyone provide insight on pre-order process? I have already placed the order but I feel somehow something is wrong somewhere. What are the steps to be followed after palcing pre-order and paying $49 fees?
  • lexxluthorlexxluthor Member Posts: 30
    I just purchased a 2012 with a $24,930 and got $7400 of sticker price. I was quite surprised that the vehicle did not have a power driver's seat at this price. No haggling the price was listed on the cars and on their internet pricing.
    I'm not sure what the competition is like in WI, but kirik (check post #3204) got the same config. for 24k plus TTL in Pittsburgh(PA state tax is 6%). You should use that as a target price.
  • ua1kua1k Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    I purchased my first Altima last night at a dealership in Northern NJ (near Paterson) and think I got a smoking deal, you be the judge.

MSRP was $24,340. I ended up negotiating down to $17,500++ with an out the door of $19,7xx which includes the NJ registration at $400. Of course they added a doc fee of $299 and window etching of $299 but I still think I came out ok. I was prepared to pay cash but they said to get the deal I would need to finance at ~4.25% for 60 months but I could prepay w/out penalty after 90 days. I was able to put $5k on a credit card though. Before we even started negotiating, I told my sales person they are not going to make any money off of me but I'd give them $50 if we could work out a deal on my terms and they clearly fought hard for me (we got up to leave twice) but he had the sales manager chasing after us.
    Thanks - appreciate the feedback. I think I ended up doing pretty good in the end...MSRP 28850, purchase price 22500.
  • sandman17sandman17 Member Posts: 1
    i think that's a tad on the expensive side. i was looking into buying a 2012 last week. A 2.5s, and i was getting one for 16k including ALL fees plus tax. I was going to get the 2012, but then after seeing the 2013, I changed my mind. I got the 2013 for 21,600 all fees plus tax. That was 22,500 msrp. They tried to get me to spend 25k plus tax on it. lmao. This was at star nissan in queens, ny.
    Is that the SL with Bose Premium Audio package? You got $ 6350 off MSRP !!?? Sweet! What was your OTD price ?

Did you have to pay any additional doc fees, processing fees or anything? And did you get any special financing or did you opt for the cashback ?
  • ua1kua1k Member Posts: 3
    I'd have to see it to believe it. I walked out of another dealership that sent me an e-quote for 15,995 but that soon became 20k because I'm not a recent grad, not coming off a lease, not current Nissan owner... So I guess if you qualify you could get for 16k but its unlikely 99% of the people actually qualify for all the gimmicks.
  • uvawahoouvawahoo Member Posts: 23
    Here's the deal I'm currently getting:

2.5 SL fully loaded - $22,500
    doc/destination fees = $1,000
    VA taxes = $1,000
    8 yr/100k ext warranty = $1,500
    Total OTD = $26,000

Let me know if you think this is a good price. I feel like the doc and dest fees are high, and I need to lower the base price of the car to compensate!
    Think you are doing good. Our final price was right at 24K (Including tax, title etc). It was loaded with everything except no navigation.
    That sounds like a great price. Are you getting good financing rates for that ? Or did you forego financing to get additional discounts on the price?
    I took financing to get an additional discount of $500. 2.9% interest rate. May just pay down on it early. Overall since it was loaded we felt like we got a really good deal.
  • krish4krish4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Did you buy the one with Anniversary package for $24930 - $7400 = $17530 ? I'm getting the same one for $19200 and that is the best deal so far..

Appreciate your response..
  • lexxluthorlexxluthor Member Posts: 30
    Yes the anniversary package has rims, spoiler, blutooth, steering wheel controls, push button start and keyless entry and no power seat.
  • ezericsezerics Member Posts: 45
    anybody purchase a 3.5 sv v6 with Nav recently? I'm trying to see what prices people are actually paying.