Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sanjayncsanjaync Member Posts: 4
    could you share dealer details, i am also looking for Altima

is 17500 OTD price?
  • tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    Hi,
    Can you tell me the name of the dealer ?
    thanks !!
  • drewzzangdrewzzang Member Posts: 1
    I am living in NJ. Could you let me know the dealershop's name in Paterson?

Thank you.
  • arivu1arivu1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I am planning to buy a 2.5S 2013 Altima.

I got a final price of $21,700 + tax and fees.

This is without any extra additions.

Let me know if I have a chance to get even less.
  • lexxluthorlexxluthor Member Posts: 30
    No this was not OTD. I live in New York and it was around $19,100 after tax plates registration and fees. The dealer was Maguire Nissan in Ithaca, NY
  • belwah87belwah87 Member Posts: 23
    Don't know where you are, but the price in the DC area seems to have dropped below invoice on the 2013 Altima over the last few days. A Nissan dealer in Woodbridge, VA is advertising prices for the 2.5 S of about $19,800+TT and fees (of course, their fee is a ridiculous $489.50, so you have to take that into account when assessing their price.) Their advertised internet price has dropped almost $2000 since 7/30. I'm on the hunt for a good deal on the SL, and I'm finding below invoice pricing from more than one dealer.
  • sanjayncsanjaync Member Posts: 4
    A dealer in Gastonia,SC offered me 20500 OTD price for 2012 nissan altima 2.5s with 20th Anniversary package for NC registration
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    What is the range of quoted prices you are getting for the 2013 SL ? Are you looking for the 2.5 SL or 3.5 ?
  • growing_creditgrowing_credit Member Posts: 26
    I am planning to get 2013 altima 2.5 SL with technology package. Has anyone bought it or are in process to buy? I am located in Central Jersey and would like to know the real time price paid.
    We'd love to get the tech package, but no one has an SL in stock with it. The Nissan webiste says "late availability' and no one we've asked seems to know when they'll hit the dealers. If you find out when they're arriving, let me know. Right now we're pursuing purchasing a 2.5 SL without tech, but if they'll be in before the end of August, we'll wait for the tech package.
    I'm in the process. I'll post when I've completed the purchase, but a few dealers are pricing fairly well --- for the max price you should pay, see Carmax's price in White Marsh, MD and add on their $99 processing fee -- I'm well below that now.
    Where are you located? I am in NJ. Do you mean Carmax the dealership chain?
    So in July 2nd week I tried getting online price to find out how much it will cost me in and around my area. 2 of the dealerships returned my call indicating they would not have it till end of august and will keep me on file, contact me once they receive it and one of the dealership keeps calling me every 3 days to come in do the paper work and put in deposit so that they can locate the car (black on black) and get me the car in 2 business days. Does that looks shaddy? Other 2 were honest to let me know they dont have it and dont knwo when they will receive it whereas this third one is so confident that they can get me in 2 days. One of the dealership even did online search to find out that none are available in northeast corridor area and all that are available are demo models. I am not in a hurry so would wait for it to come.

Just thought of sharing (fishy experience) with other fellow readers here.
    Yes. Carmax in White Marsh, MD, north of Baltimore has a new Nissan dealership. See their website for their current pricing, which is about $500 over invoice for a 2.5SL (including the $99 processing fee) and should be your upper bound...you can always drive to carmax to buy one if a local dealer can't do better.
  • ua1kua1k Member Posts: 3
    Route 46 in Totowa.
    Purchased a silver 2013 Altima 2.5 SL today with floor mats and splash guards in Northern Virginia for $26,900 OTD.

Price breakdown was $25,616.09 for car+destination combined, $389 processing fee and $895 for tax, tags, title (Virginia sales tax is 3%).

Range of prices was about $28,600 OTD from three dealers (including Carmax and Fitzmall -- fixed price dealers), then 3 DC-area dealers came in at about $27,900 OTD. One dealer, across the Bay Bridge in MD had the low bid for most of the week, at $27,100 OTD, but I didn't completely trust them due to some apparent attempts to sneak in fees and hike up the OTD price when I asked them to provide price breakouts, although I suppose they could have been making honest mistakes, because they corrected them after I pointed them out.

I pushed with the 3 local dealers who had bid around $27,900 OTD, asking if they could beat the low price, two said no but one came back with $26,900 if we came in today. That dealership's internet salesman had been very straightforward with me throughout the whole process and the dealership had generally good reviews online, so we headed over (we had also test-driven the car there last weekend, and again had a low-pressure, pleasant experience). The buying process today was hassle-free, no pressure, and straightforward. Couldn't be happier with the dealership or the car!

Unfortunately, I do have to say that my experience with internet sales at Koons and Passport Nissan was absolutely terrible -- they are the types of dealers who give car salesmen a bad name. Their emails were non-responsive to my request for a price quote, high-pressure, sent constant emails about how it was impossible to buy a car over the internet and I had to come in to get a price, and Passport called repeatedly even though I had specifically asked them not to. Why have an internet sales department if you're not going to provide real quotes by email?
  • jamesdelvinjamesdelvin Member Posts: 1
    I live in South FL (Ft Lauderdale area) and went to Pompano Nissan in hopes of purchasing a 2.5s with convenience package. I had set my target price at around $19,500 + TTL, which seemed doable after reading thru the deals a few others had gotten.
    After the test drive, the salesman came out with a initial price of $22,500 + TTL. I told him my target price and showed him with an ebay buy it now listing (in TN) I had printed out for the same car for $19,900 (including dealer/doc fees before TTL) in hopes they would beat it. He goes and gets his manager who tells me the best they can do is $21,500 + $799 dealer fee +TTL. After a few back and forths he won't budge on the price and I leave empty handed.

Are prices in FL different? Does anyone know of any South FL dealers? Whats's a realistic target price for this car?
  • bfiredbfired Member Posts: 3
    First time car buyer here. I'm looking to purchase a 3.5SR in the Northern NJ area with a spoiler. From my research, spoilers only come with the Sport package (which is almost always coupled with the Premium package). However, I don't need all the extra perks that come with those packages - I just want the spoiler.

Do you guys recommend adding it after-market? Or coming in strong, telling the dealership that I only want to pay for the Sport package, and am not going to pay for the Premium package. I know 2013 inventory is running low, so not sure how much leveraging power I have. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Spoiler also shows up under the "accessories" section for $394 MSRP so my guess is that you can have it added to any trim (installation is probably extra)

You can buy it from the dealer and have them install it or you can buy an OEM or aftermarket one on eBay and have a local body shop install it (find a shop with good online reviews)
    Not sure about FL but the best way to get the lowest price in general is to go to each dealer's website in your area and request an online quote:
    "I'm looking to buy a new 2012 Altima 2.5S with conv pkg and I was wondering what your lowest price is with the destination fee included" (make sure the price is with the dest. fee so you can compare the price between dealers, some dealers like to give you a low price and then when you go there to pay for it they add the dest. fee separately to the price)

You can also ask them how much their dealer fee is while you're at it

Depending on how far you're willing to drive to buy it, I recommend contacting 5-12 dealers -- once you get the lowest price, you can email the other dealers saying "the lowest price I got is $$$, are you guys able to beat this price?"

Much easier to deal with their online dept's than dealing with them in person
    Talked to a couple dealers about pricing. First option is a 3.5SR w/ Premium and Sport packages (incl. spoiler) with MSRP of $31,200, and first dealer quote of $25,800.

Second option is 3.5SR w/ Premium, Sport, and Technology packages with MSRP of $32,630, and first dealer quote of $27,500.

Obviously, it'd be nice to have the navigation, but not really necessary. Which option do you guys recommend? Can I get them down lower?
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hey all, I think I'm getting jacked with these offers, wasn't planning on taking either of them but I have two local Nissan dealers here in Central NJ quoting me $1000 over list price on a 3.5SL 2013 Altima. Both are giving me the BS that is a brand new car with no incentives and that there is a mark up since they are so new. Others on here seem to be otherwise getting something off the sticker.

I don't need an Altima that bad to pay $1000k over list price nor would I ever pay that or list price even for a car.

Just wanted your input.
  • ehenson99ehenson99 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I just bought a 2012 Altima 2.5S with Convience PKG and a few other accessories and this is what the deal ended up looking like for those interested.

Convience PKG plus Mats, Splash Guards, Trunk divider and Emergency kit

MSRP (W/Destination) 25,310
    Pricing before rebates 23,000
    Minus $2,500 in rebates 20,500 + TTL * 2,000 customer cash & 500 NMAC finance

Overall I think I did pretty well. The internet manager quoted me $20,500 over email on one with the 20th anniv pkg but they had to get it from another dealer and they had the one with convience pkg on the lot (only one left). Even though the MSRP on the one on the lot was about $400 more than the 20th anniversary one I told them if they would honor the $20,500 on this one on the lot I would buy it and if not just get me the one from the other lot and they let me have the one on the lot for $20,500.

Anyways, I think $20,500 is the target to shoot for on any 2012's left with either convience pkg or the 20th anniversary. This was in Wenatchee, WA for anyone interested.
  • johnmnjohnmn Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    After talked to a couple of dealers, I got a quote for 2012 Altima 2.5SL. $21,638+TTL, roughly total OTD will be $23,535 if using Nissan financing (3.99%), while if pay it by cash the price will be $22,138+TTL, roughly tatal OTD is $24,067.

Is this a good deal? whether it still has any room to bargain? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Atleast you are lucky that you got some price (let it be bogus), I have tried few dealers here in central Jersey to get online price for 2013 2.5 SL with tech package and black on black and they want me to come down to work out numbers and they can order it and get it in 2 days (what a BS). Even Nissan HQ cannot gaurantee delivery for 4 weeks after placing order and these guys are assuring me. Another issue - they want me to put down deposit also.
    edited August 2012
    Some dealers in the DC area are starting to get the 2.5 SL with tech package in stock. Almost makes me wish I'd waited a few days to purchase, although I don't think I wouldn't gotten anywhere near the same price on the 2.5 SL with tech relative to invoice! I expect that NJ dealers will see the 2.5 SL tech's trickling in over the next few days too. Hopefully the prices you're seeing will start to come down.

On the 2013 3.5 SL without tech, in Maryland Carmax has those at 400 over invoice, including their processing fee. You may not be willing to travel that far, but you could try to use that to bargain with the NJ dealers.
    Thanks for the response.

I am in no hurry to buy the car so would wait for having something on hand that gives me fair price to pay.
    Does that include Tech Package?
    No. Tech package wasn't available yet. Looks like the SL with Tech package is just started to arrive at DC area dealers yesterday.
  • athiaga99athiaga99 Member Posts: 3
    Hey ehenson99,

What color did you get with that? I am sorry but it feels a bit expensive.

I am offered 18800 (after rebates 2k+500 NMAC) for the 20th anniv package here in bay area (20600 OTD). Color choices are Brilliant silver/Tuscan sun/Saharan Stone/Super black and navy blue.

I really wanted the dark slate or ocean grey though.
    Hi,

I was offered a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5S for $20500 (including dest/dealer fees) + taxes/fees = $22661 in Bay Area. This was the base model but it had bluetooth/keyless entry and push start ignition which i was after. No alloy wheels/spoilers.

I was actually in the market for the 2012 2.5s with anniv package. I got $18800 for this from couple of places before any haggling.

I am still looking though and considering waiting till labor day to see if I can do any better. Any opinions?

Thanks.
  • seolbroseolbro Member Posts: 19
    Wait until 4PM on September 30th, the last day of the quarter when commissions and bonuses are calculated. If you're paying cash, write your one and only offer on a check but leave it unsigned, undated and keep the payee field blank. Assuming the dealer has the car you want, hand him the check and say, "Do you want this or should I bring it to another dealer?" Give him ten minutes and tell him you want a yes or a no, nothing else. If he doesn't say yes, walk out. I guarantee he'll chase you to your car if you do. If he accepts your offer, write the specific VIN on the check to ensure no monkey business.

That's hardball.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Well, I can understand putting a small deposit down, like $250 or $500 bucks if your ordering the car as the dealership doesn't want to go through the time and hassle of ordering one just to have it come in and you decide not to take it. I would though, always get in writing that the deposit is refundable if the car is not at the dealership within a certain period of time, i.e. 5 wks say. That way, you can take your money and go somewhere else if they don't honor that timeframe or deal.

Those two Nissan dealers were price gouging and hosing me as I found two other Nissan dealers in central NJ willing to sell me a loaded 3.5SL for 29,365 which was roughly 3k off msrp, but then it fell through when they told me it had to be a car from their lot or one they could find already out. They weren't going to give me that deal if they had to order it.

Suffice it to say, when I'm paying that kind of money on a car and buying it, you damn well better believe I'm getting the color combo, packages, and accessories I want or no deal.

I'm sick with Nissan's games so when my Maxima lease is up next month, I'm going to another automaker, probably Lexus, Acura, Audi, or BMW.

Its a shame Nissan and customer loyalty means absolutely nothing, but thats the way it is in the greedy sales world.
  • zip91498zip91498 Member Posts: 1
    Belwah87 what is the name of the dealer in no virginia that you purchased you car from. Thanks for the assistance.

zip91498
    So I went back to another dealer and asked if they can beat the price. I walked out with a new Nissan Altima 2013 2.5S for

$20200 + taxes/fees = $22258 OTD.

I took NMAC finance for 4.99% but will pay in full after 90 days. Just took financing to get the price down.
    Ended up getting the 2012 3.5SR with Sport, Premium, and Technology packages for $25,800 (MSRP $33,315) in Northern NJ. Feel pretty good about it - with taxes and fees, $28,800 out the door. Only thing is the relatively high interest rate - 3.5% w/ Nissan finance. While qualifying for the .9% for 60mo promotion, I would've lost the rebates and cashback incentives.
    For some reason I'd rather not say. I put a lot of time and effort into buying this car and negotiating that price, which is how I think I got the deal that I got. I will say that the dealers with whom I had mostly straightforward email interactions included, in alphabetical order, Brown's, Carmax, Darcars, Fitzgerald, Pohanka of Salisbury, Rosenthal, and Sheehy (although two of those were worse than the others in terms of not giving complete quotes without my pushing them, or not giving competitive quotes--and the quotes of some were so high that I didn't pursue them further--but at least I felt that I could work with the Internet salespeople at all of these dealers.).

Cowles never replied to my request for a price quote even though I contacted them twice---either they don't respond to requests for internet quotes or their "contact a dealer" link on their website is not working properly.

My experience with Passport and Koons was not positive---contacting them via email was a frustrating waste of my time--someone else may have better luck with them--I gave both of those dealers feedback to that effect.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    edited August 2012
    For some reason I'd rather not say. I put a lot of time and effort into buying this car and negotiating that price, which is how I think I got the deal that I got.

The object of people posting the deals they got AND the dealers name is so that others won't have to work quite as hard at negotiating and where to specifically go for a good deal.
    edited August 2012
    I know that, and I spent a lot of time making that a useful response to anyone looking for an altima in the dc area. I provided guidance as to where to go. I provided a lot of valuable information about which dealers had decent Internet sales and which didnt. Maybe another of the dealers that I mentioned will offer an even better price than I got when another edmunds member tries to purchase...dealers' willingness to offer good price quotes seems to vary from day to day as the market changes..after all fitzmall is now$500 below invoice on the 2.5sl--that's a $1000 price drop just since last weekend, when I bought my car. In fact, just a little leg work/research will make it obvious which dealer I purchased from. This isn't just about naming dealers...if someone approaches my salesman with a statement that they want that car for $26900 out the door without building a relationship first like i did, I suspect that they would get a resounding 'no'.
  • valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    edited August 2012
    I test drove the 2013 Altima SL vs a well-optioned 2012 SL and the 2013 version is so much better. Based on that data I drove a HARD BARGAIN on a 2012 Altima. The dealerships know they must move this inventory.

I'll post my deal here but let's just say that previous buyers are spot on with $6500-$7000 off MSRP. Forget the dealer sticker. Look at the actual MSRP then subtract $7000. That's the offer.
    Then, you must "negotiate" the dealer fee with the various dealers. I paid my dealer fee but Got a Spoiler and Aluminum Kick Plates (dealer has to install still) for just $200 (installed).

Overall, the 2013 is a killer car and worth every penny of $2500-$3000 over a 2012 version. But, I chose to save that 3,000 and just get a 2012 SL. Once I have the car in my hands I'll post more about my EXACT numbers.

What I can warn you about are the LIES that dealers tell about Invoice. Most will only give you $5K off a 2012 Altima including the rebates; but, the high volume dealers will give you $7K off.
    Hence, you must find a HIGH VOLUME DEALER and check the inventory.

I think once Nissan puts a $1,000 customer cash incentive on the 2013s later this year the Altimas will fly off the lots. There is NO BETTER CAR in this segment than the 2013 Altima.
    I've driven the Kia Optima (EX, SX), Toyota Camry, Hond Accord, etc. and while they nice the smooth V-6 of the Altima combined with better seats, better visibility, etc. makes the Altima the one to beat.

I like my 2012 Altima SL but the 2013 Altima is a vastly improved car which is the best in its category.
    edited August 2012
    In order to get my deal of $7000 off MSRP I had to contact 6 dealerships.
    One tried the bait and switch game with me ( "you wanted a loaded SL. oh, I thought you wanted a BASE Altima") while 2 others would only give $6K off MSRP.

One flat out said "5500 is the Max off MSRP with all the rebates" then called me back a day later to increase the offer to $6,000 off.

2 dealers really wanted my business and I think that a true cold-hearted SOB could have bled them dry feeding off each other. In the end I got the car I wanted at a cool $7K off MSRP for a SL with Audio package, Convenience package, Convenience plus package and a few minor dealer items.

This process took me at least 10-12 hours of my time (my wife says 20 hours was more like it) so be prepared for a long haul to get that $7K off MSRP instead of $5500. Pethaps, you can try the FAX method but then you must still call them back and haggle over the phone for an hour. Then, call the other dealer and haggle some more. If you aren't careful both dealers will cease bargaining with you as they will see you won't be buying from them (they see that this game never ends as well). You will be asked "What price will you buy the car from me and do I have your word that if I get you that deal then you will buy the car?" If you say "yes" then in all probability you won't be able to call back and haggle much more with them.

Good luck with the deal and remember use the actual MSRP to start from and not some dealer sticker.
  • mattinycmattinyc Member Posts: 6
    So I got a 2.5 SL with Tech package 2K down, free oil changes for 2 years and tire coverage for 3 years 39 months 12K miles for 343 a month about 400$ due at signing in Long Island

A: is that a good deal?

B: WHEN WILL IT COME??? The dealer THINKS 8/24 then again they first said 8/17 at the end of July when I ordered it. What's the delay? I already sold my old car and I'm aching to get behind the wheel of this beauty. HELP
    I placed my order with nissan in July 1st week around independance day and also visited the nearby dealer for my appraisal for trade-in. I was told 4-6 weeks. than after some follow up with nissan I found out the order was never confirmed by the dealer and had to change the wordings and tone ot talk with nissan. Nissan than called in dealer and the order was finally confirmed on July 23rd with potential delivery date in Sep 1st week.

I am in same boat with you the only difference is I didn't trust my dealer and sell the car. Anyways my car is 14 years old and nobody is ready to touch it so that could be another reason why i got saved from dealer gimics. I am in NJ and no dealer in NJ area has received SL with tech pacakge. If you or anyone finds any SL with tech package in NJ please inform me here.

Also if you or anybody can shed some light on what are the next steps in pre-order process please let me know
  • mattinycmattinyc Member Posts: 6
    Really September now? UGH! I just called my dealer. She said she had a 3.5 with tech in white (no thanks) and didn't seem to have a clue about when the 2.5 would arrive. I was told the 23rd/24th too about a week ago. I don't buy it. I would think the dealers want them in before month end so they can closed out the sale. I don't think commission is earned till the car is in the buyers hands? I wouldn't want this car in fabric. The fabric seats look like big cheap lint brushes.

You should shop around the trade in. I had a 2006 Civic coupe 5 speed with 40K miles and Nissan said they would give me 4K and a smaller local used car guy offered 7K, I ended up selling it privately to a friend for $8,250.
    I've lot of problems in car (internal and external) with more than 171000 miles on it. I knew it is going to take long for it to sell so I already tried puttling up online but people are turning down after hearing the mileage and looking at the exterior (had a hit and run on drivers side). I definately have private sale option open.
    Just saw yesterday a 2013 altima 2.5 SL with tech package for sale in a nissan dealership located near NJ - PA border. Hope NJ receives it soon
    You got a great price. I paid only about $3500 less for a 2.5SL Audio, Conven, Conven Plus, Spoiler, tint, etc. so your price was awesome.

In addition, I got hosed with 4.9% rate for 36 months through NMAC. I going to pay it off in 90 days.

Does anyone know if I can mail in 3 equal payments over the next 90 days?
    Or, must I pay the agreed amount for the first 2 months then pay off the remaining amount with the 3rd month payment?

Also, I never signed anything formally requiring me to NOT pay off my Nissan in 30 days. DO I risk small claims court if I pay off my loan in 30 days?

By the way, I was Tier 0 credit and they still nailed me with 4.9%.
    Does anyone here know if banks and or CU go below their advertised rate depending on the credit to finance a new car?
    PenFed CU has 1.49% for new & used cars -- if you use their online car buying service (partnered with TrueCar) you can get 0.49%

PenFed is very picky about who they approve so make sure you have good credit history -- anyone can become a member by making a one-time donation

They also have a good credit card to use for gas purchases
  • altimaguy24altimaguy24 Member Posts: 4
    I currently went to a local Nissan dealership in New York to get into a base 2013 Altima. After 1 week of neg. with dealer this was there final offer. $240 month/ 12k miles yr/ 24month lease. With $1700 due up front including first month payment, taxes, dmv fees and a 595 bank fee.

What do you guys think of this? Anyone else recently price this vehicle? I dont know if I am gettin ripped off especially with 595 bank fee. Thank You