Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    has anyone here test drove the 2013 v6 accord looking for thoughts or comments about both cars tks

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Deblues always post the Dealers name and State when your in these forums.. It helps other people determine price in that area compared to theirs.... tks

• 08civic208civic2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in MD as well and would love to know which dealer to go to. If I can get the OTD price for 2800 then I think I will stick with the 2013 Altima SL with nav and tech package.

If not I am considering the Accord EX-L with Nav. Has anyone driven both cars? I like them both for different reasons.
  • ffxjackffxjack Member Posts: 47
    I'm in northern VA and deciding between 2.5SL w/tech vs EX-L w/nav as well. I wish the Accord Nav screen wasn't set so far into the dash, increasing distance, and making it appear smaller. For the Altima, preset speed dials would be nice.

Anyways, I would be happy with either and it's likely going to come down to how much more the Accord will likely be.

The Nissan sales people are warning me that this is the first time Honda has used a CVT in the Accord and they don't have much experience unlike Nissan but I'm not sure how important that will be.
  • 08civic208civic2 Member Posts: 2
    yeah, I'm torn as well.

The altima was very nice and the seats were amazing. I made sure not to mention anything about the seats to my wife yet within a minute of sitting in the car she raved about the seats. The altima also drove very quite. I did hear the "drone" of the cvt when accelerating but it didn't seem to bother me. I'm also used to a 4cyl civic.

For the accord... I like that is a honda which I've owned several. I also like the interior but in a different way. I feel the engine was quieter but the road noise was higher. I"m inclined to just get the accord but just can't seem to make up my mind.

I like that on the altima the navigation is touch screen but dont' like the fact that their traffic reporting is a subscription service which I would pay for after 3 years.

I do like that the accords navigation is set back too. Not too sure out the "FM Traffic" reporting. Didn't work so well with my garmin (at least compared to google maps on android)

Does anyone have any experience with both navigation sytems? Which one is easier to use and how do the maps get updated?
  • slim83slim83 Member Posts: 25
    Don't let Nissan fool you on the new CVT used in the Accord. I test drove both back to back with a friend a few weeks ago and the CVT used in the Accord is the same as the Altima. Honda purchased rights from Nissan. Also, if you google the reviews, everyone talks about how great the CVT in the Accord is and it's also stated that the Altima still can't get it right. Car and Driver as well as many other reviewers have rated the Accord number one against all the new midsize sedans.
    Yeah, that's what I figured as well. End of the day, both solid cars and I could care less about resale value since I'm driving it into the ground. Basically, for me, comes down to initial cost differential and cost of ownership over time.

I think the accord will be more initially but I'm looking into recommended oil change schedule since Mpg basically a wash.
    They are both great cars and really nice alternatives to the entry-level midsize market. I'm amazed at the feature content in the midsize segment these days.
    What bothers me about Honda is the Transmissions go. My 2003 Pilot trany went with 95,000 miles.. My neighbors Accord trany went at 60,000 and my dads friend said the same. My mechanic said the same he loves honda but the trans seem to be a problem. So if your not buying and re selling within 5 years it something to think about.. I have owned 2 nissans both about 4 to 5 yrs with no problems.

I agree...that doesn't seem to be much of a problem lately, but who knows with all the changes. There were several years where Honda and Acura had those problems and particulary with the V6 engines. The early 2000's was the last I'd heard it was still a major issue.
  • txmantxman Member Posts: 2
    Paid 26,300 for SL with no tech package at Grubbs Nissan in Bedford, TX. Good folks. Sales sheet showed a $500 rebate which I didn't know about.
    Love the car-Got 40.8 MPG on 90 mile highway drive with cruise set to 69mph.
    Congrats on your purchase ( and nice MPG ).

Can you see what recommended interval for oil change is in the manual? I'm trying to factor in ownership costs vs Accord.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Please don't let an oil change or two affect your buying decision. I would be shocked if the annual maint. expenses differred by more than a $100 between these two cars. Even if you drive a lot of miles per year an extra two or three oil changes is only about $100 or less. Buy the car you like better. Resale, if that matters to you, will probably be a smidgeon better on the Accord so if you are really pinching pennies you should factor that in as well.
  • leonlileonli Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    2.5 SL WHITE with Tech package $27900 at Northern VA.
    The dealer is in Chantilly, VA.
    Quite straightforward because I read some post here.
    Just test drive -> asked the price and got it.
    Some noise on the CVT. Love all the features it has.
    Definitely better than accord and camery after test drive. Recommend!

Sonata hybrid is also a very good choice if you care the CVT.
  • chandrashekarchandrashekar Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking to buy 2013 Altima 2.5SL. Can you tell me the dealer name.

Thanks in advance.
  • nm2013nm2013 Member Posts: 3
    Which dealership in Chantilly? I'm around the area.
    Did you pay $27900 OTD, or was that the price before taxes and fees?
    Anyone buy one? I've never owned a Nissan but I know some Honda dealers will sell genuine Honda extended warranties for half to a third of local quotes (online for 1000 8 yr/100k/0 deductible),

I like the piece of mind at those prices of manufacturer warranties. Anyone know of any Nissan dealers that specialize in the warranties?
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Member Posts: 37
    I have been told that one can buy an extended warranty from any dealer in the country, not just one in your specific area. I have a 2 year old Altima and am trying to decide about buy the extended manufacturer's warranty. I would greatly also appreciate opinions on if they are worth it and also if anyone knows a dealer that offers deals on warranties.
    Yes, you definitely can buy from any dealer in the country. Unlike a car that you have to go get, just give them your VIN and you're all set. Lots of 3rd party warranty companies offer you all sorts of things when your manufacturer warranty is almost expired but I've found best pricing for manufacturer warranty is from the get go (keeping in mind that a 8 yr warranty overlaps by 3 years with original warranty) and from a dealer that's usually no where close to me.

There's a couple of great deals on Honda warranties that people on the forum pointed out but hoping to find something similar for Nissan.
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    For those considering an Altima, take the time to read this other Edmunds thread on CVT issues with the new Altima:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f16e08e/0!make=Nissan&model=Altima&ed_mak- eindex=.f16e08e
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    So you quote a thread from over 5 years ago? Bottom line, the CVT is the best on the market. I have a 2008 Altima and have had ZERO problems - best car I have ever owned. The 2013 Altima is even better - best family sedan on the road for the money. I went from a V-6 Maxima to the 4 cyl CVT and had NO problems adjusting and you know what? The concern I had over a drop in power was resolved the 1st day I had the car (actually on my test drives). More than enough "oomph" to get the job done.

Geez, people who b***h about CVTs need to get a life....really. ..... :mad:
  • mwaugh1mwaugh1 Member Posts: 7
    I was in a major dilemma choosing between the Accord and Altima.
    After 2-3 test drives on each, I have decided on the Altima. Purely from a resale perspective it seems like nothing can come close to Accord or Camry.
    However from styling perspective and the amazing seats I favor the Altima.
    Conventional wisdom suggests one should be getting the Accord. However it seems easier to find a better pricing on S/SV/SL trims of Altima.

Here's someone's analysis on relaibility ofvehicles...
    http://www.autooninfo.net/ReliabilityGPAsOfAutos-2011Complete.aspx
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    Thread was started 5 years ago but its been continuously updated. So, it's relevant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm considering one too but I turn over every rock before signing paper.
    Yes, it is OTD. Are there many dealership in Chantilly? I do not know. I just googled nissan chantilly and get that place.
    If you haggle more, I think you can get more since I did not bargain for a penny. :shades:
  • mr_xmr_x Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know what the Nissan November Incentives/Rebates/Financing will be?

Working with a dealer now but he has not been forth coming with the info.

Trying to decide to pull the trigger now or wait a couple days.

Thanks,
    X
  • piston631piston631 Member Posts: 5
    Today I made a deal to lease a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL with Navigation and Technology Package. I'm curious for some feed back on how good of a deal the forum thinks I got. Here are the details:

The List Price: $30,905.00

36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year for $375.00 per month

At signing I will pay the first months lease payment and $247.50 for all taxes, title and fees.

How do you think I did?

Thank You
    edited November 2012
    What is Invoice price on your model car. And what did you pay before taxes.. Thats how you know if you recieved a good leased deal.. Here is the bottom line. You rented this car for 3 yrs for a total of $14,122. If your fine with that its a good deal.. I dont like to lease but who am i to say. If i did lease a car i would not load it up and pay all that money. My idea of a good lease car is under $200 dollars a month. A good deal on a leased Altima is paying $ 1000 below dealer Invoice and paying no Doc fee's, just Taxes and out the door .............. Good luck its a really sharp car.

• dbluesdblues Member Posts: 6
    Len stoler Nissan at owing mills her name is Charde at extn 3479. Dealership is very friendly no hassling and fix your price before you go in there.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The dealer where I leased my 09 murano is offering 4k off every 2012 Altima. Don't know if they have add-ons but they were straight with me last time. No hassle at all. Not in the market now so haven't checked it out.
  • miapoppymiapoppy Member Posts: 15
    Great posting! Checked out their internet site and found pricing very good and they assured me only $200.00 added to their internet prices and no hidden fees. Again Thanks for the post!
    edited November 2012
    just read the reviews on the 2013 altima in Consumers Reports. WOW not as good as i expected. that review Altima got will definitely help us with keeping this car below invoice price. i dont know about anyone else but it seems that toyota corp is in bed with consumer reports ... Does that camry ever get a bad write up... Now its the best again.. dont get me wrong i have owned 3 toyota's and they are no better than my honda's or nissan's... i personally think the new redesigned 2013 honda accord is the best bang for the buck right now especially w all the new tech features, bigger engine, better gas mileage, very similar to the hyundai genesis and cost about 12 k less.. Check out report I'm very curious to see how the new 2013 Accord fares in the Consumers Report..

I am a eligible for the grad program ($250 below invoice) and the $1000 back from Nissan financing, and still can't get anywhere close to that price...

What month did you make your purchase, and what other options were included with the car? (Floor mats, splash guards, etc.)
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    CR "in bed" with Toyota??? I don't think so...up until recently they stopped recommending a lot of the Toyota line due to the gas pedal problems, etc.
    Really?
    which dealer did you go?
    I got it in late October and felt the deal quite straightforward. Just tell him you have queried for several deals and get this price.

BTW, I do not have splash guards. they only gave me floor mats as well as the trunk mat.
    CR.. HAS BEEN IN BED FOR MANY YEARS W Toyota. the pedal incident was one thing but there were so many yrs... and yr after yr a couple of models never budge from the best where other reviews differed. Toyota does make a great product but its funny how a aging camry was always persieved as better than some other car brands.. i have owned 3 toyota's and had a Camry.. great cars but that being said my Honda's Nissans and Subaru were also good cars. My accord was problem free.. Not my Camry.. Same similiararity Motor Tread seems to be in bed w the american cars. Just gotta laugh how they are so bias.. For years the knock on consumer report were there Not reporting alot of problems w the Camry and there Truck line. JUST GIVING THE FACTS. Read Edmunds review on the Altima then read Consumer reports. ck out kbb.com. Msn auto, and the nada reports on toyota repairs. and reliability . Lets see if the new Accord tops the Camry this year.. never say never with consumers reports.. go to tire rack for tires think there not bias and getting kick backs from certain brands.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    How is CR "in bed" with Toyota, when CR doesn't accept advertising?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Are you referring to that little donation envelope CR sends me and many others every year? Are we certain car companies like Toyota are not sending Bill roseberg a little something for his troubles at X-Mas. Makes me wonder. Here is my point Cr better be saying the new generation Camry is way behind the competition Motor trend flat out called the new 2013 Camry not up to standards compared to the Passat, Accord, Fusion, Altima. they even had the Nerve to say the Malibu rides better. Lets see if CR sugar coats this one.

Motor trend

You mean the same magazine that gives out their COTY award to whoever is willing to buy the biggest advertising package in the magazine?

It's easy to disagree with CR's conclusions.... but, the conspiracy theory is a little harder case to make...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, I love it whenever people say CR is paid off or in bed with somebody just because they might not agree with their test results. Do they ever offer any kind of proof which, if available, would be a death blow to CR? No, they just say because "I don't agree" or "these car mags don't agree". All the car mags are entusiast leaning so any car with a soft ride automatically gets slammed. They've all been doing it for years. They always rank cars that the average person would call "hard riding" as very good handling. They may be but they also may be very hard riding which a lot of people just don't want.

BTW, don't I recall CR ranking the Altima in first place among midsize sedans the last couple of years? Where was everybody complaining about that? I think CR does an OK job with their tests but they are just one source of info to be weighed against others. But conspiracy theories apply to Motor Trend too. Do you have any more proof that they automatically give COTY to the biggest advertisers any more than someone else may have proof that Edmunds takes payoffs in their evalutations? Talk is cheap folks, especially on the internet.
    Good point... probably, just my personal bias showing vis-a-vis Motor Trend... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

M6,,,,, really are you kidding with that post. Who cares about Car Mags Enthusiast on soft rides. Its what they dont report on certain models.. Cr is bias to the Camry. They never fully give all the bad facts about the all mighty Camry. This has nothing to do if i agree with CR or not. i dont agree with what there writing and what there not saying. Check out reliability and repair ratings and crash test results from NAFTA and the toyota forums, then read CR version its unbelievable. CR is the 1st ones to chastise another car company with facts but always seems to get soft and dance around its Camry. Motor trend is a joke and Consumers has its own agenda also. CR has already said this generation Camry is the best. Lets see if CR takes there foot out there mouth and retracts there statement with there review next month... If you think these Mags dont have there hands out... Well then i have a bridge to sell you.

edited November 2012
    "Cr is bias to the Camry"

LIke I said, talk is cheap. Didn't CR rate the Altima the best midsize car for the past couple of years? Did you miss that? These mags and CR have been in business how many years, probably before you were born, and nobody has ever proven one time that COTY or any other comparo winner was the direct(or indirect as far as I know) result of advertising dollars, payoffs or pure bias. I hope you realize there is a difference between being wrong and being bought. I'm not saying they are always right or that I agree with them all the time and they do seem to have slants this way and that just like the rest of us(they are human you know) but accusing someone of being bought off is a very strong accusation without any facts to back it up. I see it all the time but nobody has ever offered up proof. Funny, isn't it.

One can say all day that payoffs are made but usually it's just an excuse for saying I don't agree....therefore they are biased. I believe CR's books are open to review so any large corporate donations should be visible. Maybe you should take a look before accusing them. If you find it, I will more than gladly stand corrected.

If you are relying on NAFTA and toyota forums for your info than maybe you should mortgage your bridge and keep it.
    This is my last comment on this subject. Once again i love people who want to give there educated version of something they never investigated . You believe CR books are opened for review. HOW would you know with out the facts show me. There is a flip side to every Coin. I gave you just two instance that you just brushed off and dismissed thats fine. Subaru corp. has sued Toyota corp for lying about crash test scores and has posted a side by side comparison on crash scores with there vehicle against Camry try checking that one out.. facts are the facts. Cr must of missed that one also. I've been in these forums since it started about 1996. Then edmunds changed servers in late 90's so every body has the 2001 date. This is a subject that has been greatly debated over the years, we discussed this many years ago. Cant prove either side. Its been quit obvious thou over the years how Cr has been favoring a certain car company. Do some research if you dont believe me folks.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    We're beating a dead horse here folks...no one has specific proof to back up their thoughts. Time to move on with this discussion now. I do like how some car company's are now keeping the same look as one progresses up the lineup...Toyota, Hyundai and now Nissan with it's new Sentra that looks like a mini Altima. Nice to see the similar styling influencing the smaller models as I think the Altima has morphed into a very nice ride...like it better now than the Sonata which is not bad looking either.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• wwwqqqwwwqqq Member Posts: 1
    Just bought 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5SV in Rosenthal Nissan in Tysons Corner, VA -

MSRP $25,065.00
    Invoice $23,100
    Price as Purchased $22,600 + tax and tags

I still think that I could do better and could shave off at least $500-700 more and get a better APR. It is a decent deal, but there is a room for perfection =)

Dealer was pretty sneaky, and charged us twice for freight and destination (realized it after the contract was signed). They advertise one price and then keep adding humongous fees.. So we did not like the experience, but the car is awesome.
    I've been in communication with many dealers. Nissan Chantilly, Fairfax Nissan, Criswell Nissan, Herb Gordon, and some others...Most are $26-$27k before taxes, tags, and fees. After, all of those OTD prices are $28-$29k...The lowest I have been offered is low $28k...Which is the 2.5 SL with tech and floor mats only. That is after my grad rebate and finance incentive...

You said you got the 2.5 SL w/tech for $27,900 which included taxes/tags/fees, correct? If so, I think you did very well!
  • talkdirtytalkdirty Member Posts: 4
    OTD $ 22700, MD tag. It was an easy process, no haggle needed. Grad program required and financed through Nissan.
  • miapoppymiapoppy Member Posts: 15
    Could you help some of us by breaking down the OTD price! MSRP ?, Taxes ?, basically what was your price before taxes and tags and what was the MSRP. Thank You
  • talkdirtytalkdirty Member Posts: 4
    To the best of my memory,

20069, rough price
    780, freight
    200, dealer fee
    1250, rough tax @ 6%
    272, tags

something like that.

when it comes to the final sales sheet, some discount/rebates been calculated after tax, hence the difference.
  • pprakashpprakash Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

I am negotiating a 2013 Nissan Altima with a Bay Area dealer in CA. Dealer is ready to offer the vehicle for $21k (+taxes+fees etc). I assume he would reduce another $300. What I understood from the conversation is he is offering a $1400 discount + $1000 on financing through Nissan.

I wish to understand whether this is a good deal.? Anyone share their experience. This is my first car buying experience in the USA.

I am keen on additional options like moon roof + navigation system etc. Any additional tips on further negotiation. I waited till december with the hope to get a best possible deal this month

Thanks in advance
    P