Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    its become an unfortunate mess hasnt it? :-(

-thene
  • p76p76 Member Posts: 1
    I found a 99 nissan altima limited edition with a dealer for $6950. The car got 79k miles and all power options. What will be the best price to buy this car?. What all maintenance I can expect during 75k - 100k miles for this car?. Car got clean history, no visual damages and clean interior. What is the usual MPG for this car?. I need to decide on this car by tomorrow. Any immediate help on this will be appreciated... cheers!! :lemon:
  • getadealgetadeal Member Posts: 1
    Do you think that this is a good deal? 2005 2.5S automatic with convenience package, floor mats and splash guards for $20,200.00 before ($1500) rebate. MSRP is $22,230.00
  • dballdball Member Posts: 15
    Hey all, just bought the above with the following options;
    5 piece floor mats
    protection package
    XM satellite radio
    sun roof wind deflector
    side sill and mud flaps

MSRP 28660
    Paid 24332 + TTL.

SL has Leather, ABS, Bose 6 cd changer, homelink, autodim mirror, htd seats, etc. I feel good about it. Always shop the volume dealers!!!
    shopping the volume dealers usually means all kinds of icky sales tactics, low low prices, but greater attempts to sell you on other products (or sneak them in) and less "service"

smaller dealerships may not be able to match the ridiculous prices volume dealers offer (maybe a few hundred more) but they are sure to give you great service, treat you right, and be up front and honest.

not saying that all volume dealers are icky and all small dealers are good...i just find that in most cases, the smaller ones really appreciate your business a bit more than the volume guys...

just my 2 cents

thene :)
  • peterdh2000peterdh2000 Member Posts: 54
    i've got a 98 SE altima, had since new. 85k miles now, runs awesome, been from Seattle to New Orleans and back with me twice. it gets low-mid 20's in the city, as high as 31-32 highway (cross country trips).

mine has little stickers with the VIN number on each of the exterior body panels. this is a good way to see if any panels have been replaced, indicating accident repair. maintenance costs are low, i do oil every 4k and have had dealer 30/60k services (every fluid changed, fuel filter, etc). other than that, only a new battery and tires.

pricewise, mine's got leather, sunroof, and is in above average condition, but it's a manual transmission. If I were to sell, I don't think i'd sell it for less than $5,500. so...your price is pretty fair. assuming it's an "SE Limited" with leather, roof, and the like. if it's a rental-spec "limited edition" with cloth seats and no roof, price is too high. there's a million of those out there. good luck.
  • reechzreechz Member Posts: 50
    local dealer on Long island is offering $1000 down and about $200 per month for a 24 month (2 year lease)?
    Wouldn't a two year lease make more sense for the customer than a three year? what's the advantage for the dealer?
    there is no advantage to the dealer, or the customer. it just depends on whether you want to lease for 2 years, or go 3. the reason they are offering a 2 year deal is because that is what nissan's current lease special is. If the terms work for you, it really is a great price!

good luck!

-thene :)
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Well said, to me as a shopper spending a few hundreds more in return for good sevice and long term relation with the dealership and its service dep. is money wisely spened. :)
    it most certainly is! i know around here anytime a loyal customer comes in, we bend over backwards for them. hassle free deals, free oil changes, throw in all kinds of accessories - you make a relationship like that with a dealer - you are all set! maybe you pay a bit more on a car than the hagglers of the world, but im sure people with a great relationship with a dealer are FAR happier than those who saved an additional $300.

• lindsey4lindsey4 Member Posts: 1
    do u think a wind deflector is worth it, they are putting it on today on my 2005 altima sl i dont know if i like how it looks, do u like it email me asap at surggirl8946@aol.com thanks in advance
    i think the wind deflector makes a difference in wind noise when the roof is open. it's also less likely to create that weird pressure issue if you just open the sunroof and not any other windows. to me, its worth it!

• cyninhicyninhi Member Posts: 18
    Does anybody know what the June incentive will be for the Altima?

Thanks and aloha,
    Cyn in HI
    Is this a good deal?

2.5S, satin white, ABS and side air bags, $18,200 + tax and fees.

I live in Mililani, Hawaii.

Thanks much and aloha,
    Cyn
  • nissan5nissan5 Member Posts: 2
    Best Deal!!!!

$16,900 includes rebate, but no add ons, just taxes and tags. MSRP $20,550
    :P
  • gentilescogentilesco Member Posts: 4
    I just got a quote for a loaded 2.5s w/ the prem plus conv package and the ABS. I was wondering, since the extra radio and sunroof arent that crucial, if the 3.5 would be a better buy. I was hoping the lease prices would come out the same, but I'm not sure completely if the programs are different. I have a few request for quotes into dealers now, but haven't heard anything back. Any info you can give before the end of the month would be greatly appreciated!
  • nissan5nissan5 Member Posts: 2
    The program is the same on all Altimas, IF you live around the Washington DC area, I could help you. As far as buying the SE vs 2.5S is matter of preference, 4cyl gives you better gas mileage, and 3.5 gives you power, so whatever is more important to you, plus the 3.5 already comes with ABS. You could get a Altima for $2600 below invoice price around here.
  • gentilescogentilesco Member Posts: 4
    A drive to DC isn't too far...haha. I'm just searching for the best deal and so far i've gotten the dealers at around 300 above invoice (not including the 750 rebate). I live in PA
    Since I live in Hawaii and we never get good deals, are we able to buy off island and have it shipped here? It would be so much cheaper.

What are the pros and cons to this?

Cyn in HI
  • juniorbilljuniorbill Member Posts: 7
    A local dealer is offering $4000 off MSRP on any Altima in stock. At least, they were this past week - I don't know what will happen come June 1. This seems pretty good to me, particularly as I am shopping for a 2.5S with ABS/air bags and either the convenience package or the convenience plus. Any thoughts?
  • mbennett674mbennett674 Member Posts: 66
    Got quoted 18,400 this weekend for a 2.5S with Airbag/ABS and Convenience Plus. this price included the 1500 cash incentive.

Is this a good price? any ideas on what incentives will be post 5/31?
    june! surprise ;-)

i am not expecting rebates to go up yet - if they do, and that is IF, it won't be until the 2006 models come out...and even then, it may not go up until after the new year. but that is my guess - altimas are selling well, and im sure nissan doesnt want to kill the residual value by rebating the heck out of them.

just my 2 cents!

$18,400 sounds good to me - $5,200 below MSRP, better than the $4,000 below MSRP ad I mentioned before, and $3,500 under invoice. I hope if anyone finds about about June incentives they post it.
    Forgot to ask - could you post the dealer and location where you got the quote for $18,400?
  • marko00marko00 Member Posts: 4
    Which dealer did you get the 3.5 SL from? Did you negotiate over the Internet first or you went to the dealership?
    Thanks
  • mbuntingmbunting Member Posts: 158
    I'm starting to send in some offers to local (Seattle/Tacoma, WA) Nissan dealers for the following vehicle:

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (4cyl / Automatic)

Options:
    Premium Convenience Package
    ABS & Airbags Package

Edmunds Invoice Price: $22,655.00 (w/ Destination Charge)

I offered $21155.00 and that includes Destination Charges and also the current Nissan Rebate of -$1500.00

This price ($21155.00) is basically Invoice cost (from edmunds) for this vehicle, with the $1500 Rebate factored in. Has anyone had similair success?

Are you 2.5 owners happy with the power of the 4 cylinder? Moving to a sedan from an SUV (Pathfinder) because my commute is going to nearly quadruple starting in October (being transferred). Also, normally used to Leather seating...how is the feel and quality of the Cloth interior/seating in the Altima? I have only test driven a 3.5 SL w/ Leather previously.

Thanks for any and all feedback...especially on pricing!

P.S. I'll let you all know what I hear back as they come in...I've only sent out one offer so far though.
  • paul138paul138 Member Posts: 31
    Does anyone have an opinion if this a good deal on the Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
    no additional options.
    21,583.00 (includes rebate)
    its only about 60.00 lower then Edmunds TMV price, so
    is there room for additonal movement from the dealer?
    thanks,
    Paul
  • flight2456flight2456 Member Posts: 6
    What does everyone think of this lease deal?

Code Red SE-R 6-speed with $800 airbag/traction ctrl package, $150 floormats, and $120 splashguards.

24-month lease....12,000 miles per year....
    No money down except inceptions ($1350)
    ...$355/month including all tax
  • roughneckroughneck Member Posts: 21
    I bought a 2.5s with the convience plus package a couple weeks ago and like the car very much. I paid 23,300 for mine but it does not have ABS or the airbag package. But I liked the car and for the money I didn't mind paying that much. Plus the salesman is my neighbor. So I hope he was doing the best that he could offer me because I know where he lives. He's got to pay bills too. I'm not a leather fan but I like the cloth seats not to hard and not to soft the adjustment is good for me. As for power I think it is a fun and peppy engine. A little loud on the highway but my other vehicle is a 2004 chevy duramax. So the noise is not bothersome for me. After driving a diesel I hate slow vehicles. But the altima is a good performer. Sounds like a pretty good offer on your car. Maybe wait to see if other dealers will compete on your offer and not take the first one you get.
    based on other leases on altimas i have run, that seems pretty aggressive to me! enjoy the SE-R! it really is an AWESOME car!

• htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Hey,

Looking for a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s.......just the basic one. Looked around in houston and everyone around here is in the 17,500 range for the car......

MSRP: 20,380
    Invoice: 19,099
    Rebate: 1,500

and im getting it for around 17,500....which is bacially invoice minus the rebate. Wanted to know if i could do any better. I had one dealership offer 17,200......and another also offer 16,485 plus ttl .......but im wondering if thats not just something that gets you in the door. What type of prices are going on with these types of cars. Let me know please. Thanks
  • jtoss15jtoss15 Member Posts: 4
    I decided on a 2 year 12k lease today on a black/black 2005 Altima 3.5 SL w/ Traction Control and side air bag package. With an MSRP of 28,770, a cap cost of 26,105, a residual of 68%, a down payment of 1,745 and a money factor of .00127, my monthly payments are 290. How did I do?
  • templer16templer16 Member Posts: 6
    OK here is my question:

I got a 05' Altima 2.5S with an MSRP of 22,020, I leased it for 135 a month (taxes included) 15,000 miles a year and I can buy it at the end for 14.5k. I had a trade in of 3500.

So how did I do???

Second part, is that it got totaled 2 weeks later and now I am shopping agian, seeing if a I can do better. I got offfered 155 (tax included) for a 3.5S MSRP of 24,750 with 3500 down again, my residual of .69 still stayed the same and I can buy it for 16,880 at the end of 2yrs.

Now I ask how does this compare to my first deal, and is this current deal a good offer???
  • sandylsandyl Member Posts: 42
    the real question is what the "selling price" was on the lease. to me, for the extra 20$ per month (which over 2 years would be about 500$ difference) really sounds like a great offer.

sandy
  • paul138paul138 Member Posts: 31
    Thene,
    can you check out my question #549.
    what is your opinion?
    thanks,
    Paul
    Paul

MSRP on a 3.5SE with floor mats is $24,460, invoice is $22,657 minus rebate of $1500 is $21,157 plus tax, reg, doc etc. It looks as though they are pricing you a few hundred over invoice - so you can probably get them down another $450-$500 bucks, depending on your market, and how available that particular vehicle is.

hope that helps!

• nitemasknitemask Member Posts: 33
    Saw some people posting about getting below invoice w/o rebate in DC area. I'm going to buy 1 today or tomorrow and would be very interested where this is. Best I've received so far is for invoice minus rebate.

Thanks for the help.
    depending on the trim level and equipment, you may only be saving another $200-$500 at most on a vehicle into holdback. Altimas, unless fully loaded, dont carry tons of money in holdback, and so you really cant get $600 or more off - unless a dealer is DESPERATE to move a unit. your best bet is to go to the dealer who actually HAS the car you want, and work with them to get a price that is comfortable for you! if you shop a dealer that doesnt have the car in stock, they usually have to make sure they cover their cost for going to get it for you - meaning higher price to you.

good luck!

• indianaindiana Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new altima 2.5S without any package for 17.3. I am in wisconsin and this wasthe best rate i could find around here. What do u guys think about the price??
  • mchspdmchspd Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an 05 2.5 S yesterday! Got what I wanted and was happy with the purchase! I searched for a couple of months and called every dealer in the Houston and outside area. Worked deals for a vehicle with exact options.

Sheer Silver/Frost Cloth
    Conv. Pkg.
    Splash Guards
    Mats

MSRP 22,230
    OFFER 17,850 + TT&L (price reflects $1500 rebate)

This was $350 lower than any other dealership in town. I worked all the deals via email and phone. I purchased it from Clear Lake Nissan from Russell Sr., Internet Manager. Turns out management from another Nissan dealership in town took over and wants to turn things around, and especially beat their group.

Happy and surprised to get the 6 spoke star alloy rims on the vehicle. I had not seen that on any of the cars at other dealers.

Deal was better for me to take the 2% financing over the $1500 rebate. So we closed the deal at $19,350 + TT&L. No money down.

Hope this helps you guys out your deals!
  • ron2185ron2185 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for the best possible deal on a Nissan Altima 05' 2.5s in Brooklyn, NY? Does anyone here know where to go for the best price? Thanks.
  • rovernut3rovernut3 Member Posts: 11
    I am probably going to obtain a SE this weekend and was just wondering if anybody knew what the July incentives were going to be? Can I do much better than the $1500 off by waiting a few days? Thanks for any insight.
  • ohdaddy926ohdaddy926 Member Posts: 12
    Ready to purchase 05 Nissan Altima SL3.5 What should I offer? Thanks.
    Hi. Thanks for your time. The TMV value on this vehicle is $24,398 If they dealership will sell this vehicle to me, is this a fair price? Should I offer less? If so how much. The MSRP is $27,609 Whats the approx. price for doc. fees? Is this usually negotiable? Destination Charges - what is this? It is $550 on this vehicle? Is this negotiable? What should I be able to buy this vehicle for? Thank you.
    TMV is always a great place to look to get an idea of what you can pay for a car. can you pay less? sure! can you pay more, sure! it depends on what you want to do, and how comfortable you feel negotiating. dealerships will definitely sell the vehicle for you at TMV - and it usually doesnt mean you are leaving tons of money on the table. are you leaving a little? sure - tmv is the average transaction price for the vehicle. as far as destination - that is not negotiable in and of itself - it is a charge that the manufacturer charges the dealer (same price) to ship the vehicle to the dealer, and that in turn is passed on to the consumer (which makes sense, we aren't keeping the vehicles, its like ordering something, and paying shipping and handling). there is no markup in the destination charge, and is usually calculated into the sticker/sales price.

as far as pricing - you could probably do invoice, and if the vehicle is in stock, less than invoice (maybe $200 below) depending again on whether the dealer has the car you want in stock. if it is going to be a located unit - i wouldnt expect a below invoice deal, though you never know!

hope that helps!

Thanks. I have not went to any dealership. I have been negotiating by phone and internet. So far, the best price on an 05 Altima, SE, V6, Automatic, no extra options, except floor mats is $21,348.20, 249.00 document fees. How does this sound? The car lists for $25,260.00. Thanks for your time.

Cindy
  • marcnovadcmarcnovadc Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone give me feedback on this quote:

2005 3.5 SE 5 speed manual Altima
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards
    MSRP: $24,170
    Invoice: $22,346
    Sale Price: $23,046
    REBATE: -$1500
    Out the Door Price: $21,546

Additionally, they will be installing a Spoiler and Power Sunroof (Parts and Installation included in above price.)

Let me know what you think. THANKS!!
    i was gonna say that you could do better until i saw that they were putting both sunroof and spoiler on (probably around $1300 worth of stuff).

so i'd say yeah, sounds like a good deal to me!

• sammyj1sammyj1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking to Procure an Altima 3.5 SL, from Dealership (A) that I have purchased multiple cars from before. The MSRP on this Particular car that I want is $28,170.

I did my Research and Found another dealership (B) who was Offering another car with the same MSRP of $28,170, They have offered this car to me for $24,454, before TTLR.

My Questions to the forum are: Is dealership (B) in the ballpark with the price??

Next since I have a relationship with dealership (A) i know they dont want to loose my business so i think they would be happy to work on price with me. So I ask what would be a fair price to go to them with?

Thanks
    Sammy J.
  • marcnovadcmarcnovadc Member Posts: 4
    Just as a heads up, I wouldn't be 100% certain that dealership (A) will definitely meet or beat the price. The reason I say this is that I just bought a Nissan Titan back in December. I have had a good working relationship with them since and they know that I am looking to purchase a second Nissan, hence my question in posting #569, however they refuse to meet the quote above. Their loss, right. It is definitely worth going to dealership (A) with that quote though. What do you have to lose?