Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jrubjrub Member Posts: 12
    just to correct ya, isnt it Radiant Silver;-)....i just picked up my SE 3.5 same color. All the bells and whistles SE Premium package, except for the NAV system. 3yr lease 399 month.
  • cyborgtcyborgt Member Posts: 6
    Radiant, brilliant, refulgent.... one of those.. :P

Yes I am pretty sure you are right.. it's Radiant.
    Maybe I should have got the 3.5SE with Prem package.. hmm..sounds about the same.. oh well.. still love it! :D
  • mexcarmexcar Member Posts: 21
    Has anyone seen pricing on the 2008 Altima Coupe? Or packages/options?
  • lili1lili1 Member Posts: 44
    If you go the Nissan site and build up a 3.5 SE, there is an $ 4400 MSRP option called Premium package and there is a $2700 Leather package.

Do anyone know for a fact & not deducing/guessing from the specification link on the site that:
    1) The $2700 Leather package is actually orderable & not a mistake.
    2) If the $2700 includes sunroof?
    3) If the $2700 includes rear passenger air vent?
    4) If the $2700 includes the fog lights?
    5) If the $2700 includes the 6 CD stereo system?
    For friends who has purchased the 3.2SE:

I took a 3.2 SE w/ manual 6 out today on the highway and on a real full acceleration from 0 through first and second gears, the two front times was doing a left-right-left-right-... number on me at a frequency of a few flip-flops per second overpowering any attempt to hold it down with the steering wheel. Not very scary but unpleasant. Same experience.

Rolling along quietly on lower gears at 2000 RPM or so & low speed on flat road, there is a noticeable if looking for it, rumbling noise/feedback as if the wheel is bent or the rear tire(s)are a 'square' tire. Anyone notice that?

This is NOT bad mouthing thsi G3 Altima. I will end up buying one but I was wishing it is more exciting. I had a 2003 2.5SL and I remembered the exciting styling made me feel I must have the car. I did. This round, I have to continue to talk myself to see the light and why this is still the better choice. This car is just not 'sexy'. Anyway, I also try a 2.5 today. The engine sound on the 2.5 w/ CVT I took out today was distinctively louder and harsher when you push the car on medium accelerate(although it will purr quietly the same when cruising on light throttle). This rigid chassis clearly make you feel the car is more an extension of yourself and gives more feel than the spongy & undefined feel of the previous Altima when you twist and turn it. However, neither the 2.5 or 3.5 gives me a sense that it is precision engineering material. The styling, outside or inside...the whole car is just NOT carrying a distinctive character/flow....a sign of no dominant designer, weak artistic touch, it is not Japanese, not European, not American although it has the hint of American design's 'unnaturalness' touch to it , and also more like something which is pieced together w/ things contributed by different people; somewhat like 'consensus results in mediocre'. Just too intentional & somewhat awkward. However, the design is still quite a lot better than the Camry especailly w/ Camry's 'after market' look/approach of doing the ground effect. On the mechanical side,again, the Altima just does not give me a feel that it is a precision engineering piece, still a little raw. Well,will learn to like it.
    May I suggest taking out another one for a test drive. Maybe you got one that was "a little off" I have the automatic 3.5, err not 3.2, so maybe I cant relate casue of the manual tranni. I also had the 2003 SL 2.5 and I have no idea what you are talking about. The car doesnt pull. I gun the car ALL the time and dont notice anything significant. Now, lets talk about regular city dirving. I found the steering very easy, 10x better than the 03. The 3.5 and 2.5 are like night and day, cant compare. Its like comparing prime rib to a hamburger.
    Thanks jrub. 3.2 is my 'late night typo'.

For friends who has purchased the 3.2SE:

The left-right-left-right-...flip-flop really surprised me. It was like you take the steering wheel and jerk it left and right just a little repeatedly but is is definitely due to the torque on the two wheels. I couldn't tame it with the wheel and it stopped once I let off the gas a little. Your CVT/automatic may have transitioned/dampened things a little versus the the solid 1st gear of a stick shift.

The city driving is too easy and light, way to easy, for a sport sedan feel and I am sure, we all will get used to and forget about it. One reason I will go stick is to give BACK myself something to do and feel, even though that clutch pedal is way too light.

The 2.5 engine is 2.5. Any 4-banger when pushed hum loudly. that is why I am going 3.2 this round. HOWEVER, on the 07, this hum is MUCH more harsh and noticeable. Harsh is the undescripable quality/characteristics of the noise and that is humanly annoying. On the 07, it is as if there is a hole on the firewall or the hood is removed. Also, the 03 has developed a 'valve ticking like' sound on light acceleration due to the injection system which Nissan had a investigation out nationwide to hunt down the mysterious cause and I have yet heard of any fix or explanation. This time, I don't want the repeat. You pay reasonable enough money not that this is expected to be a luxury car but you don't to be reminded by the sound once is a while that your engine is really out there in front of your face or something is not right while a Jetta, Camry or Accord does not do that.
  • rev2pleaserev2please Member Posts: 19
    Leather package will include:
    Leather seats
    Leather steering wheel
    Drivers Power Lumbar
    Auto Climate Control
    Homelink
    Metallic Trim
    Heated Seats
    Auto dimming mirror w/compass
    ....Thats it no sunroof, no fog lights, no 6 disc cd
    And if you think about, $4400 for the bigger package is not bad....to put in perspective a xenon headlight bulb is around $300 and a whole light unit is around $1,000. So take $2,000 just for the head light assemblies. Then ad the leather, BOSE* 6 Disc, and all those other goodies! ;)
    There will probably be nothing on the 2007 Altima for awhile. They are selling like crazy, I can't believe dealers are even moving on these things, so new, and so great they don't need too. I highly doubt anything will come off them until the end of the year, if that's even necessary.
  • shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    Hmmm, that's curious. Where are they selling like crazy? I've only seen one 2007 Altima on the road in the Pittsburgh area, and the 4 Nissan dealers closest to me have over 90 :surprise: 2007 Altimas in stock. I've been checking the inventory for one of those dealers and they have had 32 2007 Altimas looking for a home for more than a week now.

I'm one of those waiting for some incentives to kick in. I will probably buy this spring, and am hoping that Nissan will kick in some "monetary assistance". ;)
  • tictac3tictac3 Member Posts: 78
    In the Philadelphia region there are incentives on the '07 Altima. Looked at a 3.5SE w/ cvt, sport pkg, flaps, mats and emergency kit. List at $25.3. Dealer disc of $1200 and factory cash of $1200. $399/mo w/$1000 up front. Dealer is still making about $1200.
    Well, I appologize we are selling them like crazy in the midwest....we finally were able to keep some up here. And personally I believe the car is worth every dollar. Nissan's Altima and Sentra are good bang for the buck!
    Dealer Discount is not incentives from the manufactor, that is the dealer taking their own hit. And Nissan nationally does not state any incentives for 2007 Altima. Check out the web site WWW.NISSANUSA.COM Dealers will tell you whatever you want to hear. Trust me I sell cars!
    Rev2:
    Dealer stated $1200 discount and $1200 factory assistance on 3 yr Altima 3.5 lease. Also, $1120 assistance on a 24 month lease. By the way, do you sell Nissans?
    If this is the case, the dealer I bought from made 0. Maybe cause it was the last day of the year for them jan 2 and they wanted to get another UNIT in.
    Thanks rev2please. Are you just pasting in the description of that spec from the build your car link? Do you know for a fact that it is a orderable spec. My 03 Altima experience was that no sunroof was allowed on the site but not after my order was sent in!!! Cause me $700 for a little glass window which I open only three times a year and each for a few minutes. On the other hand, I REALLY REALLY hate the 'line breaking' spoiler (unless someone tell me I can remove it without leaving holes on the trunk lid) & I plan to spend the $900 for the overpriced VDC. The Xenon bulb to me is not as practical a feature because it does not add any distance although it feels brighter and more desirable to me is the VDC (or VSC? whatever Nissan call their Stability sys). The Bose 6 disc is basically the same system I had on my '03 2.5SL, good feature but the sound was just boring, unlively, not brilliant to be impressive. These days with the IPOD, the 6 disc is really not much of a feature but if the Bose is now a different amplifying system and diff speaker system for lively sound, the additional speakers may be worth something but I don't beleive so. If I throw in the VDC and the $4400, I am can start to consider another class of vehicle. Tough case. It will be easier if Nissan offers just a little more option combo.
    Thanks rev2please. Are you just pasting in the description of that spec from the build your car link? Do you know for a fact that it is a orderable spec. My 03 Altima experience was that no sunroof was allowed on the site but not after my order was sent in!!! Cause me $700 for a little glass window which I open only three times a year and each for a few minutes. On the other hand, I REALLY REALLY hate the 'line breaking' spoiler (unless someone tell me I can remove it without leaving holes on the trunk lid) & I plan to spend the $900 for the overpriced VDC. The Xenon bulb to me is not as practical a feature because it does not add any distance although it feels brighter and more desirable to me is the VDC (or VSC? whatever Nissan call their Stability sys). The Bose 6 disc is basically the same system I had on my '03 2.5SL, good feature but the sound was just boring, unlively, not brilliant to be impressive. These days with the IPOD, the 6 disc is really not much of a feature but if the Bose is now a different amplifying system and diff speaker system for lively sound, the additional speakers may be worth something but I don't beleive so. If I throw in the VDC and the $4400, I am can start to consider another class of vehicle. Tough case. It will be easier if Nissan offers just a little more option combo.
    tictac3. What is the MSRP? What is the residue value on the lease for the 3.5 as a % of the final purchasing price?

I figure any dealer can slash out easily on a higher spec or 3.5 $2000 and go from their. With inflated MSRP which is priced in comparison to competitive product's MSRP, and it is perceived/theoretical list price and it can be any big spread from Nissan's real cost (depending on how good a job the designers do in cost cutting designs, etc.) or the real net of any 'volume discount' to the dealer. Then you have the few hundred dollars of prep which is more like $100 dollars in variable cost. I am not surprised that the dealer can shave off another 1500 or so unwillingly but no blood yet. If you wait for months & after the 06 are all cleared out, the Nissan incentive will eventually come along and to shave off the 1500 will be easier?
  • wheels_r_uswheels_r_us Member Posts: 5
    2.5 SL Pebble beach with floor mat $23.5 + TTL in Seattle area.
    No I do know for a fact how these cars are packaged. What besides VDC are you looking for, they you have to have. Maybe I can help you with this delimma.
    Most non luxury cars, don't have a $2000 mark-up unless you go to a huge truck or SUV.
    3.5SE w/ cvt, sport pkg, flaps, mats and emergency kit. List at $25.3. Dealer disc of $1200 and "factory lease-cash" of $1200. 36-month lease; 15K miles per; 61% residual. $399/mo with $1000 due at inception
    You can believe what you want to believe, I just talk to a Nissan Manager and there are no factory incentives. Dealers are doing what they want not nissan!
  • sdozier82sdozier82 Member Posts: 4
    Good evening! I have been quoted a lease price of $325 f/39 mos on a 2007 3.5 SE (automatic) base model, no extras. That quote is including a $3000 down payment. Is this a good deal? They originally quoted me $389. After reading some posts, it just seems like a lot of people are getting payments just a little higher with much less down.... I am new to both buying/leasing - please help! S. Dozier
    how many places have you called or went to? i had one dealer telling me 360 on the base with first month and plates down.
  • sdozier82sdozier82 Member Posts: 4
    I've been to one today... and I'm contacting several in the morning to see if I can get some competition going...
    Way too high! I was quoted last night $402/mo for an SE 3.5 w/ cvt, sport pkg, mats, flaps and emergency kit. The lease is for 36 months and 15k miles per year. Quote includes PA 9% tax. NO MONEY UP FRONT!! Same lease for 48 months is $353/mo. I live in suburban Philly area.
  • stasevichstasevich Member Posts: 4
    hey, sdozier wich dealership you got that quote from? where in Pa u have 9% tax, i thought it was 6-7%?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772
    3% extra on lease payments in PA..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

sdozier82, the only gauge and the only variable partially under your influence is the final selling price you have negotiated despite what anybody try to make you think otherwise.

Here is why. That is the price. After that, if you are taking the Nissan lease, the residue value used to calculate your monthly payment is a constant set by Nissan & the dealer cannot alter. The 'interest rate'(kind of) used to calculate the financing is also set by Nissan and the dealer does not change. The TTL is not massaagable. The mileage per year and the numbre of year are calculated per a fixed formula.

You get it now, when you compare among dealers, it is the final selling price.

Things which can further affect that value but artificially is whatever is external you use to reduce that, namely with your own cash up front or/and the value of your trade in. Your trade in has more or less a set blue book trade in value. If the dealer give you less that that, he will give you more discount on the new car to make you feel better. If you feel better by getting a higher trade in value,he will reduce the discount on the new car. So, walk in without talking about trade-in or you already check your blue book value value so that you can always weed out the fog and know what the real final sellign price of the car is. If your mind can only understand the monthly payment amount, then you are at full mercy of the dealer. The dealer can use all the variables to come up with a payment value you like, and if not achievable, they will persuade you to put in some down payment until all the figure jives but the last thing they will do is to reduce the price a cent or give you one more sent for the trade in value. Bottom line is, you can't figure out the final selling price (adjusted by the higher or lower than blue book figure amount), you can't compare apples to apples.

If you cannot get very close to invoice at least, you are not getting a good enough deal in theory but you may be not the type who fuzz over the last few hundred dollar & may just say deal when you get somewhere half way between MSRP and invoice.
  • vkoppuvkoppu Member Posts: 11
    I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. And my dealer is WOODHOUSE NISSAN.
    Concordville Nissan in Delaware County
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    "The 'interest rate'(kind of) used to calculate the financing is also set by Nissan and the dealer does not change"

Dealer can add on to the money factor and create more profit for the transaction. So let say the current month money factor of 36 month lease is 0.00242, dealer can quote you a lease with 0.00342 money factor. If you sign up for the lease, the dealer just laugh all the way to the bank. That is one reason that Car_man service is so great. There is no real way of finding out the true money factor that Nissan charge even if you shop around a lot.
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    sales tax is 6% but a lease is 9%. try another dealer. and go near the end of the month too. maybe try one north or west.
    I hope you are right with dealer pad the money factor & we all have to be careful but that does not seem to be teh case based on what I know.

If the lease is a Nissan lease, I was of the understanding that the money factor is set by Nissan. You go to the Nissan site and use the estimator, you will get more or less what the dealer will quote you.

topgun7, are you sure you are talking about Nissan lease or third party lease?

See this example under a different thread:

Re: 2007 lease question [cand1unc] by Car_man HOST Dec 13, 2006 (3:23 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: cand1unc (Nov 16, 2006 2:22 pm)

Thanks for the additional information, cand1unc. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Maxima SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Maxima SL are .00152 and 67%. If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    topgun7, here is more about manufacturer's money factor being pre-set. (I sense you are talking about third party lease which allow creative dealer to pad the money factor whihc is not the case with manufacturer lease. )

Can I negotiate the price of a lease?
    Different dealers and manufacturers will offer different lease rates and are willing to negotiate for your business. While the residual value and money factor are set by the leasing company, the capitalized cost is essentially how much the car costs. You'll want to negotiate this figure just as if you were buying the car. Shopping for a lease from several different sources can help you get exactly what you want.

Your best bet when leasing is to choose a model with a subvented (manufacturer subsidized) lease. Subsidized leases allow dealers to lower payments by artificially raising residual values or lowering the capitalized cost through dealer incentives. You can easily recognize a subsidized lease. Any nationally or regionally advertised lease is generally subsidized by the manufacturer to keep lease payments low.
  • jautojauto Member Posts: 3
    What can i expect to pay for an 06 altima se? Should I use a buying service to get the best deal? Purchase used (low miles) or a leftover? I have excellent credit and willing to finance for 4 yr.Any feedback or x-tra information will be greatly appreciated.
    "topgun7, here is more about manufacturer's money factor being pre-set. (I sense you are talking about third party lease which allow creative dealer to pad the money factor whihc is not the case with manufacturer lease. )"

All the manufacturer's lease work the same and allow dealer to pad the money factor to make additional profit. May be you folk should hang out in the Lease thread hosted by Car_man. He has a little packet of information about leasing that is very informative. And on every lease thread, there are tons of example that dealer give higher money factors than the "buy rate" from the manufacturer. I have personally lease 6 Lexus, one Mercedes, and a Honda and each company operate more or less the same. Here is the link to Car_man thread for Altima and in msg 144 he discussed the money factor aspect:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef9dd85/183!make=Nissan&model=Altima&ed_m- akeindex=.ef9dd85

"#144 of 195 Re: 2006 FandF Lease Question [altima11] by Car_man HOST Oct 19, 2006 (1:35 am)
    Bookmark | Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: altima11 (Sep 29, 2006 8:54 pm)

Hi altima11. The only really negotiable aspect of leased vehicles is their selling price. You have already assured yourself of getting a good price on this car, so you don't have to worry about that. The other main aspect of leases that dealers try to make money on is vehicles' money factors. Dealers are often allowed to mark vehicles' money factors up to add additional hidden profit to deals. Fortunately, the factor that you were quoted is right in line with Nissan's current buy rate for this car. So basically, this Altima lease is not negotiable, but it is a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum "

When you tried to get quote for a lease, instead of asking just for the drive off and monthly payment only, ask for the cap cost, money factor, residual, and other fees (document, acquisition etc.). And what you will find is that everyone come back with the same residual. Money factor, cap cost and fee are all over the place.
    They are the one that you can negotiate with dealers and they all affect the end lease price.

Lexus and Infinite allow you to put up to 9 desposit with each deposit reduced the money factor by 0.0001. Honda reduce the money factor by 0.0001 if you put up one deposit (and sometime they waive that requirement). BMW and Volvo also allow mutiple desposit (but don't know how many deposit they allow one do). I have personally lease two lexus with 9 deposit on each and a Honda with one signle deposit to reduce the money factor. There were quite a bit discussion on the G35 lease forum about infiniti multiple deposit program. Look at msg 941...

sprinkler13, "Infiniti G35 Coupe / Sedan: Lease Questions" #941, 3 Jan 2007 9:58 pm!keywords=allin%3Amsgtext%20limit%3A.ef9da24%20deposit

Good luck.
  • tabiii2345tabiii2345 Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a 2007 2.5 S from a dealer in Houston, TX for a OTD price of $23,800. It has the convenience plus package, rear spoiler, fog lights, mirror w/compass, floor mats, and splash guards. Is this a deal???
    topgun7: I called two large Nissan dealers and Nissan 800 number. They all confirmed that the Nissan lease have pre-set residue value % for each model & pre-set money factor as well not allow dealers to change/increase money factor on their own. The dealer run the calculation on the Nissan computer program....

The only thing you play with is the final selling price before TTL.
    Heh heh, lili, Look like we need to agree to differ on this items. I leased six lexus, one mercedes and one Honda. When I asked for quotes for all these cars, I never have one time that all the quotes come back with the same money factor. Take my comment for what it is.. It is your money at stake if you don't think money factor is negotiable. But I would strongly encourage anyone interested in leasing hang out in the repective lease thread that car_man hosted. He has been being saving a lot people a lot of money.

I am waiting for the hybrid, anyone know when will it come out? When I went to the SF Auto Show in Thanksgiving week, a product specialist mentioned first week of Jan.. But so far no annoucement yet..
  • squasheadsquashead Member Posts: 19
    I am looking for recent purchase prices for the 3.5 SL, 2007. I thought we were set with a 2.5 SL but my wife feels the lack of traction control on the 2.5 is not good, so we are now looking at the 3.5. I know sticker 29015 and invoice 26880 but what are people paying if I may ask? Anybody else upgrade due to traction control not offered on the 2.5? She seems to think it is very important----Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772
    The only reason the 3.5 has traction control, is because the extra power overwhelms the tire's ability to grip the pavement.. Not for any sort of inclement weather capability.

Since the 2.5 has less power, it isn't needed. The Honda Accord is the same way. Traction control on the V-6, not on the 4-cylinder.

It isn't an added feature... just needed to control the power delivery of the V-6.

The V-6 is great, but if you are happy with all aspects of the 4-cylinder, then moving up in price for this reason wouldn't be a good move.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for your help on this kyfdx. I have a friend who leased an 05 and he mentioned the tires spinning when he needs to cut into traffic quickly from a stop, especially on a slight incline or turning. He thought it felt like the gear ratio might be too high for the power surge. I have heard they have modified the transmission for the 2007, I am curious if they addressed this issue in the 2.5. As of now, we are back on the 2.5 as our primary focus.
  • thegizzardthegizzard Member Posts: 3
    CNV package and zero down. Is that a good price?

When I do the math it looks good, but when I read the paper and see lease deals for $99 and $199 then it seems like way to much. Thoughts?
  • shawn79shawn79 Member Posts: 1
    hey all, i bought my car a month ago but i came to know about this msg board only today. i live in LA and i've been waiting for this car for like 6 months. I did all my research on edmunds but nothing helped me when i went to this first dealer (SantaMonica Nissan). Man, pls keep away from these cheats. First i test drove the car and they didn't come down to the invoice price, so i waled out. after 2 weeks, i spoke to their internet manager and he promised to sell the same car for the invoice price. when i went there to negotiate the price, that car was completely opened up and put lot of extras like etching, fabric protection for like $1000. this time the dealer was demanding the MSRP+$3000 markup price. I really laughed at them. this time i got little frustrated and i immediately called another dealer. I went to his place (LA downtown Nissan) 30 mins b4 their closing time and got the deal. he offered me the car for $23,400 which is likd $198 below the invoice price quoted by edmunds. but that guy didn't have the color i was asking for so i had to pay another $100 more for driving it from another dealer. All I say is, pls shop around b4 u agree to close the deal with some dealer. I was happy driving my car for like 10 days and finally i figured out that its a lemon. I couldn't believe that one of Nissan's hot cakes have problem within 10 days of buying. I spoke to the dealer and he refused to replace a new car. he asked me to talk to nissan by saying that only selling the car is their responsibility. i spoke to nissan about it and they too dont want to replace the car. at the same time they didn't have the spare parts to fix my car and they decided to keep the car in the dealers lot for 27 days until they get the parts. finally i got back my car after 27 days but the california lemon law entitles me a new car only after 30 days of out of service. does anyone know how to handle this problem now? I'd appreciate your help.
  • heavensoldierheavensoldier Member Posts: 61
    Those dealers can be tricky, I was quoted 23,3k before tax, and taxes and etc knocked up the price to 25,5k, was that the price of your car with everything? I'm may cancel the order, man I see you really have to do your research before you buy cars. My advice is to go online and find a california lawyer, and call one in your area and tell them of your situation. Also post your question here, they should be able to help http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/new-2007-nissan-altima-discussion/

Everything with God's help will be fine. God Bless
    What is the lemon problem, if I can ask. I just picked up a 2.5 SL with the connection, might be nice to know what I may have to be looking for.

Thanks
    What is the max you have knocked off the MSRP/sticker price on a 3.5SE with a few more grand of options added such as a premium package. Like to see your MSRP figure and how much knocked off. (MSRP is to include delivery charge but nothing else, no dealer added package like fabric protection, paint protections, etc.)

No need to reply if you only have monthly lease amount figure.

Many thanks.
  • map70map70 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, great to read all of this info. I was quotes a latest price of $29,624 with destination included. How is that comparing to some of your prices??

3.5SL w/ VDC package & Tech package

Also, What financing rates did you guys get?

Thanks!