Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• phx08phx08 Member Posts: 8
    2007 Black Altima 2.5 S w/ CVT / REAR SPOILER AND SPLASH GUARDS

Quoted a price for $19,900.43 without tax and fees. WITH TAX and FEES it comes out to $21,218.40 Out the door.

Did some playing around with dealerships, not letting them fool me into anything and DOING LOTS of homework with pricing got me that price.

Please guys do your homework before you go out there or else they will chew you up pretty badly. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Also this pricing was given with the(Nissan and Infiniti Vehicle Purchase Program) Which is great.
    Don't know about the price, but the financing rates seem to be high over here at least. The Average rate given to people was at 8.49% (that is WAAAAAAY to high) The lowest right now with a good rating is probably 5.99% if that.
  • imgigabitimgigabit Member Posts: 6
    Hi Guys,

I just received a quote from NYC dealer for the following:

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S
    CVT Transmission
    Anti-lock Brakes
    Conveince package

$20,300 + TTL

I appreciate comments from the group regarding this deal.

Thanks
    Alan
    That deal seems pretty good, damn, thats almost as close to mine, and i don't even have a package, how did you get that deal?
    Just by phone haggling to various dealers to get the lowest possible price ;)
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75
    I drove my 3.5 SE off Garlyn Shelton Nissan's lot in Temple, TX on 12/21/07 for $25,406.16 total--they had retrieved a burgandy with blond cloth from a dealer in Benbrook, a little over 100 miles away--an elderly, retired gentleman had driven it, so that made me feel better. They'd allowed me $14,442 on my '04 VW NB TDI with 18,500 miles on it, which was 80% of what I'd driven it off of the floor for in May, '04. I've just put a little over 500 miles on it so far, but I may go to Dallas tomorrow if the weather doesn't deteriorate.
    Just sealed a deal with Legend Nissan in NY for $19500 + TTL

They threw in the carpet mats
    Going to sign on Saturday :)
  • jrubjrub Member Posts: 12
    This is by far the best way in my book!
    With the MSRP of 29550, i got the actual agreed value of the vehicle to 26984.86 When you add in the taxes and acquisition fee, total was 28025, the total payment came out to 399.33 a month.

This is the SE 3.5 with the premium package.

I think i did ok..... ;)
  • gasmizrgasmizr Member Posts: 40
    I have been lurking for a while. Not much action on pricing for the 2.5S compared to the 3.5's. Anyway just a few opinions and your response. I drove both the 2.5S CVT and 6 Speed. The 6 Speed seemed quieter. Also, it seemed to accelerate a little better but I know the numbers. Just felt quicker. Coming from a '96 Civic this car is very quiet even under acceleration and vault like at cruise speeds. All a matter of perspective I guess. Plus, I like to hear the engine rev while I am shifting gears. Roomier car, more power and the same mileage as my Civic. :D

Anyway just signed the deal on a 2.5S

Dark Slate/Charcoal interior
    6 Speed Manual
    Convenience Package
    Splash Guards - Winter in NY you have to have them
    Aluminum Kick Plates
    Floor Mats

MSRP $21,935, Edmunds Dealer Invoice w/Dest. $20,408

Price Paid $19320 + TTL :)

Picking up Saturday :shades:
  • ororahimeororahime Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your advise, but seems like it's just too late. I asked to the dealer about it and he said that I could cancel it anytime but sooner the better to save my money. Anyway, I decided to keep them, cuz the dealer also said I don't need to pay a penny -not even the labor fee- for oil change and other maintenance for 5 years. I don't know :confuse: but..sounds nice though, isn't it? :blush:
  • newromenewrome Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2007 2.5S w/ SL package, Connection Package as well as mud guards (not sure if these are standard) in Pebble Beach w/ Charcoal interior. I wanted Sirius, but there were no cars with Sirius within 300 miles except for Sonoma Sunset which I did not want so I ended up with XM.

24833 (+ tax&ttl).

I live in northern central Virginia.
  • bc07bc07 Member Posts: 1
    Just offered by dealer $21,511 (before ttl) with vpp. Any thoughts on this deal?
  • caribe1caribe1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought 2.5S CVT with convenient package at the price of $21,800 (out the door price) including everything, tax & TTL. Was it good deal? I live in NJ
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    That's a good price, i think...never really they already sell this under invoice...Seem your price is about 20K + 1400 tax (7%) + 400 Reg.
  • lit1998lit1998 Member Posts: 1
    I paid $21,545(out the door) for a 2.5S CVT, no convenient package. Basically, I paid invoice + flight, tax & TTL. I got carpet, ABS, emergency first aid and road kit, worth ~$600 for free. I am at Santa Clara, CA.

The dealer tried to add the convenient package and I have no part of it.
  • amatrineamatrine Member Posts: 1
    After reading what you guys paid I think I was ripped

I noticed on the sticker they charged 299 for tinting and 799 etching, and then just looking at the contract, they charged another 50 for VTR, isnt that the same as etching,?

The msrp was $23,343
    Rebate was $2,250

Befor taxes the cars cost is $21,058
    Out the door was $22,764

I really wish I would have foud this site. This is from the Phoenix area in Arizona.
    Yeb, you paid WAY too much for the car. If it's an '07, it's a little better...but it's too late now...just enjoy your new car. :mad:
  • jumpstart77jumpstart77 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of negotiating with a dealer in Salisbury, MD for an 07' 2.5 SL with connection package, and spoiler. The car was fairly hard to locate but it wasn't impossible, they are willing to make the transfer for me. The invoice price is $24,875 and they want to go $300 over to make the price $25,175......The price quoted to me including TTL and fees is $26,775. I am going to make an offer of $25,000 including my trade-in which has a KBB value of $760.
    I won't be financing through Nissan.
    Is this reasonable or should I shoot lower/ higher at first?
  • smovvasmovva Member Posts: 2
    I'm planning to buy a Nissan Altima. Where do I look for the incentives available right now. Also, my friend works for a company that provides software for nissan. Is the VPP better than buying the car with incentives?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    Incentives & Rebates:
    Nissan Altima

Be sure to enter your own zip code..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cyborgtcyborgt Member Posts: 6
    Hmmm.. I got mine on the third of January (when the rebate starts) but I didn't get a rebate.

Is there any place I could call on this? Perhaps Nissan?
  • dol007dol007 Member Posts: 21
    I was in an accident last week and I need to buy a car within 48 hours so I need lots of help. I'm considering Honda Accord and Nissan Altima. I got a offer from one of the deal. He offers INVOICE PRICE +99.50 DOC FEE + TT&L WHICH IS 3.25% OF SELLING PRICE. I'm thinking either 2.5S or 2.5SL. My budget is under $23K. Is this offer a good deal? What's the lowest I can get on these two models. Please help. Thank you so much.
    My best offer so far for 2.5SL is $23,400(OTD) + TTL. Could anyone please comment this deal? I need to seal the deal in 3 hours. Thanks a lot.
    I just bought the 2.5S with SL package last night for $23,400 OTD. However, I bought the Gold package extended warranty 7 years for $1,138. FYI, I saw the breakdown of dealer's invoice and it looks like this:
    MSRP Invoice
    Base 20300 18987
    Splashguard 130 102
    GO1 SLP SL Pkg. 3850 3501
    ABS 300 260
    Floor Mate w.Hook 170 127
    Tint 250 200
    Wheel Lock 200 150
    Dest. Charge 615 615

SubTotal 25815 23942

Hold Back is $660.

Doc Fee is $100.

So I think the dealer's profit is 23942 - 23400 - 660 - 100 = -218.
    Is my thinking correct? BTW, the car is fantastic. I got Precision Grey with Black interior. Wife approves it. I'm happy.
    "I just bought the 2.5S with SL package last night for $23,400 OTD"

23400 everything included? or + TTL?
    TTL not included.
    That's a nice price even w/o TTL...I would not get extended warranty, IMO.
  • lili1lili1 Member Posts: 44
    The questions applies ONLY to 3.5SE.

Has anyone seen or be able to buy a 3.5SE with leather package BUT NOT the Premium package. The former is/can be priced at the Nissan site at MSRP of $2700 and the latter at MSRP of 4400 & it comes with XM, etc. The dealer is coming back to tell me that Nissan will not build a 3.5SE with the $2700 leather package.
  • fmattesonfmatteson Member Posts: 5
    I got a price quote of just under 25,000 on a 07 3.5 w/ Leather Package.
  • rep9534rep9534 Member Posts: 2
    I am purchasing a 2007 Altima 2.5 SL. I am currently going between 2 different dealers via email. I am currently at $400 under invoice. From what I am hearing on other posts it looks like there may be even more room under invoice. (23,574+TTL) About 25,250 drive out. Let me know if I should keep trying to go lower.
  • rep9534rep9534 Member Posts: 2
    I am now down $592 below invoice at $23,000 + TTL. How low should we keep going?
    Wow. Nice price. I thought I got a good deal for $23,400 plus Tint and Wheel Lock. You're making me feel bad now. If you can wait another 10 days, that will be just right at the end of the month for even better deal. Keep going low.
  • d0min0d0min0 Member Posts: 3
    I'm wanting some price feedback on the car I am looking into.
    '07 Altima 2.5SL w/Tech pkg.
    ABS
    Spoiler
    Kick Plates
    Sunroof wind deflector
    tint
    emergency kit
    floor mats
    So,
    - Edmunds.com is telling me 'what others are paying' is $30,335.
    I am getting this including TTL at a quote of $30,165

I have not talked down at all. The car isn't due in until the 27th.
    Any suggestions, or lessons learned from anyone here?
  • 90subbie90subbie Member Posts: 6
    I've been out of the car buying experience for a long time, so I need a lot of help!!

Could someone tell me their buying experience with the 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL with the optional VDC?

I have not been able to find what I want in inventory, so will the price be higher if I order one?
    And how long does it take to get one?
    Are they made in Mississippi or Tennessee and can you go pick it up? I live in Florida, so that would be a nice road trip.

Sorry for all the questions :blush:

Thank you for all your assistance
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm wondering--why pay $30,000 plus and still have a 2.5 when you can get a "stripped" 3.5 SE for $25,445. It seems like you're going to have an overloaded four-cylinder, because all these options add weight to a car--especially leather seats (about 100 lbs. heavier than cloth) and a sunroof--which seems like it would cut into the gas mileage of the four. Also, the some $4,000 premium over the base 3.5 SE needs to be figured into any extra mileage you'll get from the four, not to mention the decreased performance. I guess I've just never been an "options" person--seems like cars today come with so much standard equipment, anything above that is superfluous. FWIW--visited the beautiful new Nissan dealership here in Waco last night and took a poll of 2.5 vs. 3.5 Altimas on their lot--23 2.5's, 6 3.5's. Don't know if that's going to be the representative breakdown nationwide, but tho't it was interesting.
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    not easy to order one. best bet is to search inventories and see if you can find one you like or have a dealer do it. they can dealer swap to get it. go to the nissan site and search inventories to see what you can find.
  • cyborgtcyborgt Member Posts: 6
    I had to do that 2 months ago when they barely came out. I wanted all the features of the 3.5 plus the Premium features so I decided to go with the 3.5SL and I ended up ordering one because no one had the color I wanted.

The price should not be different or more if you order it. Of course dealers want to make their money right then rather than wait to charge you for it. So they will push you to buy one of the lot.

I ended up paying around 29000 OTD but I did have to wait slightly over a month to get my precious. :P

I believe VCD is standard on the 3.5SL
  • jlg3jlg3 Member Posts: 3
    "maybe it's just me, but I'm wondering--why pay $30,000 plus and still have a 2.5 when you can get a "stripped" 3.5 SE for $25,445."

If one is going to consider that, just make sure you will be happy with the SE's firmer suspension. I'm finding that it's nicely taut on glass smooth roads, but is overly damped for your average rough road - you will feel every bump. This in combination with the ultra-firm front seats makes it noticeably less comfortable than my previous Maxima SE which weren't spongy, but were still comfortable.

Also, my 3.5L is getting quite poor city gas mileage - well below 20mpg thus far and waaay below the rated 22mpg.

Although I wouldn't pay $30K for a 4-cyl, that engine should have plenty of power to deal with hauling around the extra options, so I wouldn't worry about that. The 3.5L has more power than you really need for most situations and the CVT takes away from some of the fun, imo.
  • d0min0d0min0 Member Posts: 3
    "maybe it's just me, but I'm wondering--why pay $30,000 plus and still have a 2.5 when you can get a "stripped" 3.5 SE for $25,445."

Well, to pay an extra $5,000 for the V6 w/ 100HP more.. Just doesn't entertain me. Yeah, the power is good..
    Why I am getting an Altima 2.5SL with all the extras is simple.
    I have been driving a base model 05..
    My wife wants a SAAB or BMW.. Both great cars.. however, I didn't want a base model! So, a 'downgrade' per se' on that area, opted us to upgrade in the options department..

The feedback I was after moreso, is the price.. It's about $800 over invoice.

Thanks for readin'
    (this is in the greater seattle area btw)
    "If one is going to consider that, just make sure you will be happy with the SE's firmer suspension. This in combination with the ultra-firm front seats makes it noticeably less comfortable than my previous Maxima SE which weren't spongy, but were still comfortable."

You're exactly right about that!

"The 3.5L has more power than you really need for most situations"

s'what I like about it!

"CVT takes away from some of the fun, imo."

Precisely the feature that attracted me to it--I love its turbine-like smoothness. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and can buy or order to suit themselves. Your reasons make perfect sense and hope you're able to find just the one you like!
  • sam76sam76 Member Posts: 1
    I need some feed back on the best quote I got until now.
    23300+ttl for a Nissan altima 2.5 sl 07 includes ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM ,FLOOR MATS,SPLASH GUARDS,REAR SPOILER.
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    Well, I bought the 2.5 sl (without abs or spoiler) and paid a little under 20k. with tittle, tax destination, extended waranty (and whatever else they add in) i ended up financing 21400 after 2000 down.
  • fmattesonfmatteson Member Posts: 5
    How's this deal sound guys? 3.5 SE CVT w/ Premium Package, Sports Package, plus Floor mats and splash guards for $26,870 before ttl. What do you guys all think? Thanks for the input!!!
  • mastersaigonmastersaigon Member Posts: 3
    I'm currently in the negotiation process for a 2007 Altima with Convenience Package and ABS. Current offer is at $21,300 + TTL. With sales tax (7.3%) the OTD would be $22854.90.

Is this a reasonable deal for what I'm getting? I would like to get some feedback especially if you're in Wichita, KS. Thanks in advance.
    Sounds real good to me.
  • vfxvfx Member Posts: 2
    This post got me all excited... I'm a first time car buyer and I love the Altima 2.5 SL package. After seeing this I had high hopes in getting something similar, but It seems impossible! Did I miss something here? Is this for the 06 model or something? 2 Dealers I went to today hoping to get one at a price range of this amazing 20k and at max of 22k but the dealer won't budge at 23,500... so did I miss out on a deal thinking it could be lower or do you guys think its possible to achieve this low price range for an SL? :confuse:
    Deal can be very depends on the area. Look at the price from your around area. I noticed that people in CA usually can get better deals than any other parts of the country.
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    Yes, it was a 2007 :) but, it depends a lot on the dealer too. the place I bought mine at (cowles nissan in VA) already had the cars about 1000 below MSRP, and I was able to get them to go a little lower still. I think the one i bought had an MSRP of about 22500, marked down to 19650. with the gap insurance and another charge (freight, i think) it came up to 20800. taxes, tittle, tags, processing fee, warranty, ect, pushed it up to about 23400. 2000 down had me financing 21400. granted, didn't have all the options, but did have the cvt, floormats, splash guards, and all the other standard features of the 2.5 S. However, there were only 3 at the dealership at that price. everything else in the 2.5 was 21k-24k. You just have to shop around and be patient. they get new cars in all the time. I'd use the internet to compare prices and let them compete with each other. I started my purchasing with an e-mail to the sales dept of 3 dealerships. In fact, the only thing i did at the dealership was test drive, and fill out paperwork. also, consider buying out of the area. The farther you live from the dealership, the better the deal you'll get.
  • ericlasericlas Member Posts: 1
    I just bought Altima 2.5SL yesterday at a dealership in Dallas area. Here's what I got: SL package, ABS, splash-guard, and floor mats. With VPP pricing and grad discount (you get $500 cashback if you're recent grad), the total is about 22,400 (not including TTL). I think it's fairly good deal, because I got quotes from a few other dealership and they're all at least $1500 higher than this.