Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• johnjxjohnjx Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Nissan Altima 2006 Special Edition because the price is much cheaper than 2007 although the latter is much better when I test-drove. For 2006 SE, I paid $16700+TTL. The invoice was $20043. But because there is not many cars to choose, I don't have ABS and color choices are limited. How do you guys think?
    BTW, I am in Los Angels area, California.
  • 07altima07altima Member Posts: 2
    FYI-sorry I'm responding to the prev. message...

I just bought a 2007 Altima 2.4L w/Technology Package, sunroof, leather, ABS...... for invoice price here in Waukesha, WI. The dealer was OFFERING this price after we sat down and BS'ed for a while. I had given him a hard time about pricing before sitting down but this was his offer off the bat. I'm assuming I could have gotten $500-$750 less than invoice if I pushed but I guess I was a little shocked he came out with and initial offwe of the invoice price! (plus it was a business car) Edmunds.com says TMV was about the MSRP sticker price. Apparently not! Glad to get it much less. That's the second time I've had the dealer offer the car MUCH less than the TMV price on Edmunds. Not sure what's up with that. Beginning to lose faith in Edmunds.
    Good luck!
  • railmanerirailmaneri Member Posts: 3
    I'm a newbee to this forum and to Nissan. Have been looking at Nissans for quite a while. My wife and I had a '99 Grand Am. Bought new and for the most part a good car. But 8 years was long enough and the tranny was acting up. So...to make a long story short, bought a new '07 Altima 2.5SL. Love the car!!! For the money,I don't think you can get a better car. So much improved over the previous generations. I paid $25500 plus tax and misc. The car stickered for $26400. With my trade-in and everything else (paper work, etc), I financed $24900 with a $420 per month payment.Not bad for a small town dealer in southern Michigan. Car is Dark Slate with the Charcoal leather. Looks and drives like an Infinity for half the price. :D
  • 07altima07altima Member Posts: 2
    That's pretty funny....I also am trading in a Grand Am (2000). It was not a good car for me though. The tranny was acting up like yours. 160k miles. I also picked a 2.5L S Dark Slate with Charcoal leather! Hope I like it as much as you :)
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    the best part about a nissan is, the damn things run forever. I've had three now. a sentra, a 200sx and now my altima. the sentra went 230,000 miles with all original parts save some belts, hoses and a battery or two. Only got rid of it because it was 12yrs old and starting to nickle and dime me to death. I still have the 200sx (98). it has 145,000 miles on it, and the only thing i've ever had done to it is replace a battery, a belt, and the front brakes. the rear brakes are still origninal. none of the three nissans i've owned has ever broke down on me, or not started when I got in. Nobody builds 'em better.
  • 90subbie90subbie Member Posts: 6
    It should also come with VDC. Just bought the same package and that's a great price.
  • mastersaigonmastersaigon Member Posts: 3
    I just signed with my local dealership for my 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with CVT. Super black with charcoal interior, convenience package, ABS, and floor mats. The price I got was $21,000 so the OTD including tax was $22,534.00.

I checked around neighboring states and got the dealerships into a bidding competition with one another. The lowest I was offered was $20,799 + tax in Olathe, KS. But figuring in the time and costs to travel there to get the car versus buying it local, the savings were not very significant. I suggest checking around as many places as you can. Let them work for you and see what prices you get.

Can't wait pick up my 2007 Altima on Thursday! :P ;):blush::) :shades:

Happy shopping!
  • pghaltimapghaltima Member Posts: 19
    I live in the pittsburgh area and I have been to a couple of Nissan dealers looking for a dark slate, charcoal leather 07 altima 2.5SL with abs, splash guard, aluminum kick plate, and connection package(bose satellite radio and bluetooth). The don't want to go below $24000. I think $23500 is probably the best I can get in the pgh area. I will be going to another dealer friday and I going to ask for 23000 and bargin up to 23500. Any ideas if this is a good idea?? thanks
  • fromsoca23fromsoca23 Member Posts: 3
    A dealer by my house has a 2006 2.5S with the following options (prices in parethensis):XM Radio (350), SL Pkg (3850), Sunroof (900), Mats (160), Fog Ligts (300), Splash Guards (340), Side Air Bags plus ABS (800).

MSRP $27,305 Invoice:$25,211

Dealer is selling it for $21,900 before TTL

Is this a deal? By the way I live in Southern California if anyone is wondering.
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    6400 off list and you ask is that a good deal. i think you mean a good steal. run do not walk to buy it. with that much of a discount you have almost saved two yrs depreciation on it.
    if I can convince the dealer to go for it...
  • railmanerirailmaneri Member Posts: 3
    I think it's a great deal. Just remember, it is an 06 and the 06's are not the same car as the 07's. You would be getting a late model 3rd generation style of the car. That's not a bad thing but....all I'm saying is the new 4th generation car (07) is so much better!! :D
  • fromsoca23fromsoca23 Member Posts: 3
    thanks for the input, i appreciate it.

what do you mean, "if I can convince the dealer to go for it...."

you mean you would take the deal, or ask for something more?
    the 06 doesn't have many of the fun toys...push button start, 40% aluminium, etc.

I'd go for 20,000 for the 06 2.5sl.
  • lili1lili1 Member Posts: 44
    The lease su-forum has no one to answer questions on lease money factor for over half a month already. I am thereofre trying it over here:

QUESTIONS:

6 mo. lease for 1) 12,000 miles 2)15,000 miles

What is Nissan's latest residue value for each?

What is Nissan's money factor for each?

Should acquisition fee be $0.00 since the Nissan site estimate show 0.00 for that?
  • keyur1keyur1 Member Posts: 3
    I hope this info will help someone out. Got a 07 Altima 3.5SE with CVT, emergency kit, splash guards and mats for $24800 out the door ($369 doc fee, $1780 tax, $440 registration) in Phoenix, AZ. (Price includes $500 New College Grad rebate)

Good luck! :)
  • dhauerdhauer Member Posts: 16
    This dealer is giving up all his profit on this car. There is 2250 in rebates in the detroit area, there may be more there. If you did not buy this car yet I'm thinking it is gone. If it's not then everyone that lives around you is brain dead because this is a deal most would not pass up. We just sold our last Armada here at my store for about 10k under sticker. There are some great deals out there if you are patient. Lucky for us dealers most people are not so patient. ;)
  • lili1lili1 Member Posts: 44
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!! Spolier is not my love.

Anyone has a Dark Slate color trunk lid with NO spoiler to swap for one w/ a spoiler from a Brand New Dark Slate 07 3.5 SE? Prefer someone in any state bordering Iowa/Illinois becasue anything beyond driving distance is prohibiting.

Even a 2.5 model will work but each of us will have to cover ourselves for the model number logo. I will keep my chrome piece above license plate.

In all cases, I will take your third brake light if removable and the spoiler itself has that fancy brake light built in.
    here they are chargin 24800 for a 2.5SL without the emergency kit.
  • rl1965rl1965 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 Altima 2.5 S. $24,538 with Destination and Handling Charges. Sticker Price $26,825. Had 3 dealers in a bidding war. Done it all through email. Sure beats having to run back and forth between dealers on a Saturday.

SL Package
    Connection Package with Sirus
    ABS Brakes
    Splash Guards
    Aluminum Kick Plates
    Floor Mats
    Wind Deflector
    great deal. that was what the dealer offered me but I thought that was still too much and I could of gone without some of those toys....so I'm looking for the best deal for a base 2.5SL.
  • dhauerdhauer Member Posts: 16
    Are you talking about a 2.5S with an SL package? That car will get 24k + t t & l. Stickers at $25,195.
    negotiating with some dealers about getting the 2.5SL for 23k. I know it is not easy.
  • glozaetaglozaeta Member Posts: 4
    Sometime between now and Sun. March 25, I'll be buying an '07 3.5se LOADED... premium package (sport pack included), Tech package, VDC, CVT. I'm out in NorCal. Some of you seem to be pros so what you think is the rockest, bottomest price i might get away with. I've been told by the dealer we'll aim for 29,500 and of course he says he'll do the best he can. way i figure it since he threw it out there i'm going to hold him to it, unless you think i can do better... thoughts?
  • dpandadpanda Member Posts: 5
    Hello, Just got back from a dealer in Southern CA with this info on a fully loaded 3.5 SE...

MSRP = $32,715
    Adjusted cost = $30,167
    MF = .00221
    Term = 36
    Residual = 60% ($19,629)

Quoted me a payment of $402 ($434 w/tax)

This was with $2000 down, assuming that included TTL, conversation didn't get too far...However, in his caluclations it seems that he did not subtract my downpayment from the adjusted cap cost so I don't know...With that I caluclated my payment should be in the $369 range...

Anyone, have a quote on a similar car, I also heard that there is a "monthly special" on a 24 month lease giving a 70% residual...

glozaeta, I was hoping to get a final price more around where you were told, please keep me posted on how that goes...

Any info appreciated...

Also, anyone know of any junk fees to watch out for...
    Sealed the deal for a 2007 2.5SL precision gray with charcoal leather, anti lock brake, splash guard (sticker ~$25,500) for only $23,000. Edmund TMV is $23,400. This is probably the best deal east of the mississippi. West Hills Nissan in Pittsburgh is the best. and did I mention the car is gorgeous....
  • dol007dol007 Member Posts: 21
    Congratulation!! I bought the same color as yours 2.5S 3 weeks ago and love it. Not many on the road with this color. I see lots of Black and Silver. I love Precision Gray. You got a good deal. Does that include Convenient Package too?
    yeah on the convience package...leather and stuff, but no connection package (bluetooth & BOSE stereo). really bummed about that. it is niceeee.
  • ckjesckjes Member Posts: 6
    Dark Slate / Charcoal Leather

SL Package
    Rear Spoiler
    Splash Guard
    Floor Mats

I've been in the market for only 3 days.

And the best offer i have got so far is 23,999 Net Cost Plus Tax License.

I know it's not the best deal compare to others in this board.

So plz tell me how to deal with the dealers online with tips.

* what is TTL?
    you just have to get the dealers to fight it out. you need to set a deadline on when you will sign the papers and let them know. they won't like fight it out but you need to force their hand. Where are you at to get 23999? I got my 07 2.5SL in precision gray / charcoal leather without the rear spoiler....for 23000. nerve racking, you must remain strong. They will tell you that if you argue for more then they will take the deal off the table but you just have to play the game and keep to a number you like....your might be 23200 for best deal (if any dealer will fall for it)..good luck.
    Thank you for your tips.

Hope i can make the deal just like yours.

One more question, should i talk about the financing online

before i get to the dealer??
    2007 ALTIMA 3.5 SE 4DR AUTO
    A15-G
    SONOMA SUNSET, CHARCOAL

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $22,658 $24,500

FLO $127 $170
    MATS WITH HOOKS

SGD $102 $130
    SPLASH GUARDS

TEC $5,551 $6,400
    - Speed-Sensitive Volume
    - Radio Data System (RDS)
    - Diversity Antenna System
    - MP3/WMA Compatibility
    - Trunk Lid Trim
    - Rear Passenger A/C Vents
    - Illuminated Console Lighting
    - Compass
    - Leather-Wrapped Gearshift Knob
    - Driver's Power Lumbar Support
    - Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
    - Homelink{ Universal Transceiver
    - Heated Driver & Passenger Seats
    - Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
    - Rear Spoiler
    - Fog Lights
    - Power Sliding Glass Moonroof w/Tilt Feature
    - Leather Appointed Seats
    - High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon Headlights
    - Bose AM/FM/CD6 w/9 Speakers
    - Bluetooth{ Hands-Free Phone System
    - W/XM NavTraffic}**
    - XM{ Satellite Radio
    - RearView Monitor
    - Nissan Navigation System

Xtronic CVT
    CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION

VDC $780 $900
    VEHICLE DYNAMIC CONTROL

Freight Charge $615 $615

Total Inv: $29,833 MSRP: $32,715

My price$29,633... $200 off invoice. Looks good to me.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
    I personally would keep everything open and I would just ask for the price first. You don't want to give the dealer any idea on what you will do because that is power. There is a 3.9% 3yr financing but I paid cash so I don't have to worry about all that crap.

hope you get a really good deal....you have to keep all of us updated.
    I GOT THE CAR TODAY!!! Final MSRP was $32,882 on the dealer trade. It was everything I wanted, TATALLY LOADED!! even had the kick plates! Final price was $29,633. $200 below invoice according to the dealer. I think I got away with a pretty good deal.
    Dark Slate / Charcoal Leather

SL Package
    ABS
    Splash Guard
    Floor Mats

Thanks you guys for your tips.

Now the best offer i got is

$25,000.00 O.T.D.
    Including tax, lic, fee

without the spoiler.

Every dealer says that there is none with the spoiler

in CA.

Should i keep going?

Or you think this is a fairly good deal?

Is it ok to put the spoiletr later at the dealer shop?

THanks.
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75
    "* what is TTL?"

Tax, title and license. Can be considerable (the tax part, that is--title & license all the same) depending upon whether you have a trade-in or not. Here in Texas, the tax is figured upon the remaining balance after trade-in. Suppose the total comes to $25,000--you're allowed $15,000 on your 1950 Ford Tudor Sedan with radio/heater/overdrive/plastic seat covers--you pay 6-1/2% on the remaining $10,000, plus whatever the title and licensing fees are, usually about $75. That's why it's critical to get as much as possible for the trade-in, not just lowers the price but the tax, as well. You'd have to take that into consideration if you were to sell your car to a private party. You might get $1,000 more, but you'd have to figure how much MORE it's going to cost you to pay tax on the whole $25,000 before it would be worth while.
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    That sounds pretty good. you have to figure the MSRP on the car without any options, destination charge, or other extras is about 20,000. so for another 5k your getting the sl package, abs, splash guards, mats, taxes, tittle, tags, destination.

If you realy want to save every dollar you can, just take that offer to another dealer and ask them if they're intersted in beating it.
  • yanksphishyanksphish Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a 2.5SL with SL pack, ABS, Floor Mats, Spoiler, Kick Plates, Fog Lights, Emergency Kit, Splash Guards, Wind Deflector for $24,000 plus TTL. This was 369 below invoice.
    that's a really good deal. I got a precision gray, charcoal leather, abs,mats, wind deflector 2.5SL without spoiler, kickplate, fog light, emergency kit for 23,000. The dealers here in pittsburgh really didn't want to sell the car for 23,000 so your 24000 with all those extras is a steal.
  • vfxvfx Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I just got mine at the end of Febuary, and have been driving it for a while! I love it. I got it at 22,751 +TTL I had 3 dealers battle it out to get this price lol same package but without the Emergency Kit and spoiler :)
    WOW, 22,751 is really nice. I just got my 07 altima 2.5SL 3 days ago for 23,000 without anything except for antilock, splash guard, and wind deflector.
  • adamlittadamlitt Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2.5s with the following today:

Convenience Package
    ABS
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards
    CVT

21,500 OTD. I reside in Charlotte, NC.
  • zink88zink88 Member Posts: 5
    What dealership?
  • dllovettdllovett Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2007 Altima at the end of February with the following options:

SL Package
    Connection Package w/ XM
    Spoiler
    Fog Lights
    ABS
    Floor Mats
    Alum. Kick Plates
    Emergency Pckg
    Splash Guards

MSRP was $27,545, invoice @ $25,408 and I paid $24,498. I did have a dealer fee of $600 so after that, I came out $310 under invoice + TTL. Turns out I could have done better if I'd waited until March, with the 100,000 car event. I got an offer of $500 below invoice w/ no dealer fee last week...oh well.

I'm very happy with the car - it is loaded and awesome! The seats were a little stiff, but are softening up a bit. It's a lot of fun to drive and the Bose radio is great.
  • ferreiror83ferreiror83 Member Posts: 10
    Was just quoted $397 15k per year for 39 months...Zero out of pocket all fees including tax, title and reg. rolled into payment...The car is loaded with everything except a spoiler...Do you think this is a good deal?
  • adamlittadamlitt Member Posts: 2
    Modern Nissan - Huntersville, NC
    "TEC $5,551 $6,400
    - Speed-Sensitive Volume
    - Radio Data System (RDS)
    - Diversity Antenna System
    - MP3/WMA Compatibility
    - Trunk Lid Trim
    - Rear Passenger A/C Vents
    - Illuminated Console Lighting
    - Compass
    - Leather-Wrapped Gearshift Knob
    - Driver's Power Lumbar Support
    - Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
    - Homelink{ Universal Transceiver
    - Heated Driver & Passenger Seats
    - Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
    - Rear Spoiler
    - Fog Lights
    - Power Sliding Glass Moonroof w/Tilt Feature
    - Leather Appointed Seats
    - High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon Headlights
    - Bose AM/FM/CD6 w/9 Speakers
    - Bluetooth{ Hands-Free Phone System
    - W/XM NavTraffic}**
    - XM{ Satellite Radio
    - RearView Monitor
    - Nissan Navigation System

Xtronic CVT
    CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION"

Hard to believe there was a day when a person drove out pleased as punch with radio/heater/overdrive! ;)
  • bv050506bv050506 Member Posts: 97
    I can't believe what you all are claiming to be buying your Altima's for. I'm in Michigan, the most depressed state in the union right now and I can't get a dealer to selling me a car for $500 OVER invoice. They are all talking $1,000 over or I can go fly a kite! I've got a 753 credit score and can easily be financed, but I'm getting treated like a red-headed stepchild. Congrats to all of you! Maybe I'll wait and find one in another state and just drive it back to Michigan...that would be fun anyway.
    "I'm getting treated like a red-headed stepchild."

No, you mean red-headed CROSS-EYED FRECKLE-FACED stepchild... Good luck!
  • bv050506bv050506 Member Posts: 97
    Exactly! I did some more negotiating yesterday and I've got 1 dealer to $195 over invoice but now he wants to go lower on the trade. I'm trading in a 2007 Camry XLE with everything but NAV, in superb shape. They are telling me $20K because it has 20,000 miles on it. They also admitted they'd start it on the lot for $26,900, I can't win. I may start a nationwide search for a dealer that will sell to me for under invoice which is $26,880 including destination. If I fly to Oregon or Florida, it would be a great way to break in the new Altima anyway.