Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    ) "If the sticker is $42K, what should a guy offer. I have no issues walking away, I'm in no hurry to buy it but would like to know what your thoughts are. Since TT&L is diffferent everywhere I do not want to include this in the example."

These vehicles (Eddie Bauers stickered at 41-42k) could be had in Southern California all day long for $28,995.00. This is using the rebates in leiu of the special financing. Figure it both ways - you are usually better off to take the rebates. I know of at least THREE DEALERS selling them for that. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WAS BEFORE FORD'S FAMILY PROGRAM STARTED. :D

Get your own financing BEFORE YOU VISIT THE DEALERSHIP, you can ask the dealership to beat whatever rate you qualified for elsewhere. Remember, stay in control of the selling process, you are the boss. If you wish to buy an extended warranty, they can be had MUCH CHEAPER on the net. (www.fordwarrantys.com & www.fordwarranty.com) And elsewhere.
    Good luck!
  • daericksdaericks Member Posts: 9
    The market here must be MUCH different there in So Cal -- it may be worth the trip for me to get a one way ticket out there and drive back. I offered $30K on an Eddie Bauer yesterday here at Earnhardt dealership and the sales guy wouldn't even bring the offer to his manager (closer). This is AFTER the new employee pricing thing. The guy told me that would be $3,000 under their cost and that if I could get one for $30K to let him know where and they would buy them from the dealer. I'm sure you have all heard that one before... What dealers did you deal with-- LA or San Diego?
    he guy told me that would be $3,000 under their cost and that if I could get one for $30K to let him know where and they would buy them from the dealer.

Power Ford- Tustin, CA (Internet Dept.)
    Ken Groady Ford-Buena Park, CA
    Other various Ford Dealers in the greater Southern California area are selling them for what I said. I get tired of hearing "it's below our cost" when NUMEROUS other dealers are selling at a specified price. These dealers, while not making a lot of money, surely are not giving them away!

I can't tell you how many times I have been told - "You can't buy it for that price". And I turned around and bought it at that (impossible) price.
    More on the Expedition.

Most dealers cannot get over the fact that they cannot get a big fat profit out of their SUVs anymore. The days where SUVs are a dealer/manufacturers profit center are gone. We can thank $2.30plus/gallon gas for this. GM is a case in point, they had to lower their prices (and profits as well) to start selling SUVs and Trucks again. This is why they came up with the "employee pricing" game. You can ask the dealer if these things are selling...why does Ford have an inventory of SUVs sitting on their (dealer) lots that is out 80 days out at the current rate of selling?

I would not pay a dime more than 30K on a 41K to 42K Eddie Bauer. :)

I would contact ALL FORD dealers within a 200 mile radius and ask them if they have what you are looking for. Then line up your financing yourself through the bank/credit union. After that fax all the dealers who have the Eddie Bauer at the 41K list price, and say I am ready to buy and will pay 30K and have my own financing. Make sure that includes all applicable rebates. Then see who bites........ As I said...in LOs Angeles$28,995.00 on a 41K Eddie Bauer can be done!
    I'm going to give that guy a call tomorrow and see what I can drum up. I am now looking for TWO of them. One for me and one for my friend. this might really help the pricing! I'll post what I accomplish for everyone else. What you guess the price would be now, given the new employee thing? Does Ford GIVE the dealership a better price on their cars so the dealer actually doesn't take the money out of his pocket or does the dealer eat this? thanks again,

Dan
    Does Ford GIVE the dealership a better price on their cars so the dealer actually doesn't take the money out of his pocket or does the dealer eat this?

I would imagine that Ford gives a "rebate" to the dealer for all existing inventory. The $28,995.00 in So. Cal was BEFORE the employee pricing. It hasn't been long enough for me to see the "new employee prices" advertised in the papers.
    Good luck!
    Nobody is really willing to give me any information that I can count on. I'll keep this thread going until I get one.

Dan
    Dan, it has been my experience that the best information you can get is when you have your checkbook open and are ready to buy. Remember, go get pre qualified for around 30K. It's no big deal and banks and credit unions don't generally charge for this. Also, I told you what the street prices are in So. Cal. Don't pay more where you are it. It seems there are not any reliable figures you can rely on from any of the usual sources (i.e. Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, etc.) because of this "friends and family" program. Remember, YOU ARE IN CHARGE. Dealers generally think people negotiating by phone are not serious. Welcome to the world of car buying. Some people would rather go to the dentist-at least there you know what to expect!
    We ran a special a few weeks back offering a 42k expedition at 28k. The unit was close to 350 days old and it was costing us a fortune to keep it in stock. Ford has introduced a new program of employee pricing for everyone and we cannot deviate from it.
    Does this make sense?......

I *THINK* ford did away with the bonus cash program when they changed over to the employee pricing.

I have yet to see a vehicle that the bonus cash still applies to.
    First of all, all dealers are independent businesses and can sell a car/truck for whatever they want-even over sticker. They sold the new redesigned Thunderbird OVERSTICKER when it first came out.

My advice to you is if you are truly serious..... you must go in person. NOT OVER THE PHONE. You will continue to frustrate yourself with phone calls and emails. Go get prequalifed and then go shop. Nothing to waste but your time. For example, I was looking at another Eddie Bauer (different dealer) stickered at 42K. They gave me a price of $33,000.00 over the internet. I then took in three ads showing THREE DIFFERENT DEALERS SELLING MULTIPLE UNITS of Eddie Bauers stickered at 42K for between 28,995.00 and $30,000.00. This dealer immediately dropped the price to 30K. BY the way... that dealer (you mentioned above) was selling three or four units at that price a few months ago. So what is the price for the Expedition form Tustin? I don't think you will get a firm price FROM ANYBODY until you go in. That's just the way it is!! :cry: Until you go in and "test the waters" - I really have no more advice to give you. If they tell you the old line---"What can I do to sell you a car today?"-low ball them at 28K and end at 30K. If you fear negotiations (and I sense you do) then take someone with you who is good at them or use a car buying service. GOOD LUCK!!
    Thanks Chuck, I'll keep you posted. Heading out of town until Monday but I will keep this going. I don't need financing and expect to pay cash for the car but I understand what you are saying about financing. Thanks again, Dan
    See the message board Smart Shopper - And the discussion
    Dealers Too Busy For OnLine Shoppers
    And message 146

I think you will get my point.
  • godfreygodfrey Member Posts: 1
    5 Weeks ago I purchased a 2004 Expedition (Eddie Bauer) 23,200 miles. It consists of the following:

Medium Wedgwood blue, tan leather interior, 6 disc changer, rear air, dual power front seats, heated/cooled front seats, trailer tow package, power folding third row seats. 5.4l V8. It is (almost) loaded. It does not have NAV, Air Susp, Adv Track or DVD.

The dealer offered it as a "certified" vehicle, so the warranty goes out to 75k instead of 36k. It was very well cared for, any only had one small scratch in the rear driver-side passenger door which the dealer (still has not fixed). Overall it's a great SUV.

Asking price was well above $36,000. It had sat on the lot for a LONG time. I started my offer at $28,500. I ended up paying $30,450 - delivered. Sales tax and licensing here in Missouri was an additional $1,994. The dealer would have loved to finance this...and sometimes they'll offer you a great deal if they think you'll do that...Then you pay cash and the offer changes all the sudden. I paid cash for mine, they acted like I actually had 30k in my pocket. I don't have pants with that many pockets. Where the deal changes is when the dealer discovers that they'll no longer be able to "profit" with a high intrest rate. This happened to my father when he bought his 97 Infinity I30. The price suddenly jumped several thousand when he started to write the check. So, you just walk out and let them follow you, begging you to buy it. If they don't move on the price then tell them "If you haven't met your quota by the end of the month then call me."

My buying experience...I've looked at these for over a year. I was ready to purchase. I was also armed with "The Black Book" which shows dealer invoice, wholesale, retail, trade-in. So I knew where to target my entry price...Always start low, not too low otherwise they'll tune you out. If they do, go to another dealer.

You always feel that you've paid too much once you've bought it. My wife always says:

Does it hurt to want? (Yes) Then stop wanting.
    Does it hurt to want? (No) Then keep wanting.

You just can't win on that one.

Phil
  • madramadra Member Posts: 4
    I have been reading the discussion board with great interest over the last week or so and thank all for their comments. I am in the market for the 2005 King Ranch Expedition (for my wife). We live in Texas.

Of course if you go to the local dealer(s) you get the same spiel. Ford Family Pricing!

The purported MSRP after adding all the options is $46,905.00 and after the rebates and the employee pricing the prices plummets (Read the sarcasm!) to

$36,531.88.

I know the hold back on this is $1385.00 and the adjustment for financing cost is $215 for a total of $1,600.00

I am also aware that the Ford Family Plan dealer commission is: $2,550.00 and I am also aware of the other available potential eligible private/affialte programs.

As indicated above the dealers all say that Ford won't allow them to seel the vehicle any lower that the price above ($36,531.88).

I think this is a bunch of junk and figure that there is plenty of room to negotiate away some of that fat profit the dealer is holding. Don't get me wrong, I do beleive in capitalism and think that the dealer needs to make a reasonable profit but this to me is akin to highway robbery.

Am I being to unreasonable here? Anyone care to weight in.?

Regards to all.
  • dsb2695dsb2695 Member Posts: 7
    “bunch of junk”…”fat profit”…“akin to highway robbery”

If you don’t like the deal being offered take your business elsewhere.

Funny how the buyer always determines what a reasonable profit is. You must remember 2 important things:

1. The dealer will always be in control because they have what you want, especially in your case. King Ranch Expeditions are not going to be found on every Ford dealer lot. If you have found a 2005 at the Family Plan price better but it NOW as dealers have been receiving 2006s for about 5 weeks.

2. The dealer!!! Not you, not Edmunds knows what the bottom dollar that given dealer will sell the vehicle for.
  • royalhroyalh Member Posts: 4
    This morning I finished with the last two Ford dealers within a 75 miles of here (4 of them). I wanted to buy a '05 EB Expedition in wedgewood blue. The only requirement was that it have advance trac w/ RCS ( they have everything else we wanted). The found at least 3 in the color desired and with advance trac +. Every one had a bunch of other bells and whistles such as power 3 row seat, safety package and pwr. flip out windows, HD hitch and heated and cooled seats. Since it is late in the program I realize we have to take what is out there. Not one of the four dealers would give a nickle on the price. It was strictly MSRP less the "employee family price", less the $3000 factory discount. There was no leeway on the trade in (a perfect AWD Escape with less than 22.000 miles) it was exactly Kelly blue book price.....period. Some of the dealers wanted upwards of $200 to go get it from the other dealer's lot. I offered to go at my own expense and get it myself but that didn't seem to actually cut the price any as a couple of them suddenly remembered they had forgot to add an adminstrative fee. One salesman tried to tell me that their only profit was the dealer holdback and that was out if they had to get it from another dealer. BS....BS and more BS. If any of you managed to cut a deal that was better than MSRP minus $3000 minus the Ford family employee price consider yourself lucky. You didn't trade in central Kansas. I can download prices and see that there is several thousand difference between invoice and MSRP. I'll remember those dealers when I finally do work a trade. :mad:
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,253
    in the washington dc area, i saw adds for 30% off msrp on any expedition. on a 46k machine, that's about 14k off. maybe it's better to wait.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    I confirm what was placed in KS. Nothing less than the Family program. It would seem that the deals were better BEFORE that new program. I'll wait until their earnings are down another 19% next quarter... Thanks to everyone posting. At least we all know we are in the same boat... mostly...
    I can confirm the same thing in Southern California. It was very common to see selling prices of $28,995.00 on a 41K Eddie Bauer Expedition. It's really something how the American Manufacturers and American public are nolonger seeing "eye to eye" on what is "perceived value".
  • captjoe06captjoe06 Member Posts: 3
    Safety/security package

heated/cooled seats

power moonroof

power rear-quarter flip windows

powerfold 3rd row seat

I paid $34,000 with $200 doc fees, $1700 Ma sales tax and $85 plates/title fees. Total check off the lot $35985.00

Sticker was $45850 with the above mentioned options.
    Hope that helps anyone out there shopping.

Bought it June 2, 2005

Hope this helps people out there, I love the idea of sharing this info to help each other out.
  • madramadra Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Capt Joe;

Your response is much appreciated. It is possible there are some folks on the forum who don't like when the 'real' numbers are posted but I do beleive you are doing a good service to all.

Regards
  • jligonisjligonis Member Posts: 1
    I have been trying to determine what the employee discount really means? Can you or anyone else help? Is the auto maker eliminating all other incentives to the dealer (holdback, advertising incentives, etc.) and replacing those with this program, or is the employee discount just another discount on top of everything else?

It is my understanding that the auto makers will actually sell a vehicle to a dealer at a price reduced by the employee discount being offered. If that is the case, the auto maker eats 100% of the employee discount.

However, you mentioned that there is a dealer commission on the vehicle you were looking at purchasing. Under that scenario, both the dealer and the auto maker will share the burden of the employee discount.

In Tampa, FL, new 2005 E/B 4x2 Expeditions that MSRP for about $40K before the Family pricing were advertised for sale at $28.5K after all incentives. The current Family price after all incentives is almost $31K. Sounds like a scam to me.

Thanks,

John
    "n Tampa, FL, new 2005 E/B 4x2 Expeditions that MSRP for about $40K before the Family pricing were advertised for sale at $28.5K after all incentives. The current Family price after all incentives is almost $31K. Sounds like a scam to me."

I can concur the same thing happened in Los Angeles. It seems the prices were better "BEFORE THE EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT PROGRAM"...........

But, the 31K is still not a bad price. None of us know what will happen when the '06s come out.
    Um... they are out aren't they??
    Um... they are out aren't they??

If they are I think that well in to the '06 model year, it may be possible to see low numbers again. Gas prices are still high. However, Ford is not going to discount them "to the hilt" at the introduction of a new model year. You may see $500.00 or $1,000.00. Just my "guess", no insider information.....
  • kcjockcjoc Member Posts: 2
    When I was ready to buy my 2004 EB, I started research on-line, and was emailed back by a person who started quoting me some prices. Once I more or less agreed in principle to the deal, it was THEN put through a local dealer. But at no time in the beginning of the process did I deal directly with the dealers personnel. Once at the agreed upon dealer, they wrote the paperwork out exactly as the deal put forth by my internet salesman. The only thing I did at the dealership was the paperwork, and some aftermarket accessories. It was a wonderfully pain-free transaction, and a great price. I have not been back to the selling dealer, as a new Ford service center just opened by my office. So, great transaction, great price, great SUV and easy routine service! What more could I ask for!!??!!
  • wincrasherwincrasher Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a new 2005 Eddie Bauer, Red w/ Tan, safety package, heated/cooled seats, sunroof, limitedd slip, power 3rd seat & tow package for $33.4k.

The only thing to negotiate was the trade in. Basically got the value in Edmunds for my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Some may be complaining on here, but I thought I got a good deal and alot of truck for the money. I never thought I'd see the day of $10k off Expeditions.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Were you motivated to go car- or truck-shopping because of the employee discount deals? If so, a reporter wants to talk with you.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, August 9, 2005 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gregjohnsongregjohnson Member Posts: 117
    1. The dealer will always be in control because they have what you want, especially in your case.

I would disagree. I've bought & I've sold, and let me tell you that there is no worse feeling in the world than being underneath inventory you can't move with carrying costs eating you up. This is much worse than not having a shiny new .

I've also pondered markets a lot too much - if you suffered a similar fate you might also conclude that the "right" price is the one where neither side cares whether the deal gets done or not. Advantage: Neither, by definition.

Granted, on average dealers maintain better discipline than buyers, but they are subject to macroeconomic forces the buyers don't have to contend with, such as plant overcapacity and inflexible labor contracts. Even on a micro level, in the luxury market no-one has to spend 50/75/100k on a car while in the budget market buyers can usually choose to buy next week or next year, as the mood strikes.

I do not envy the car industry one little bit, no sir, not at all. They work hard for their money.

-Greg
  • cokercreek30cokercreek30 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an 05 Expedition 4x4 XLT, paid 26872+tn tax for it after discounts, no doc fees or add ons at this dealer, felt like I got a great deal, leather seats, 6 disc cd, 300 hp 5.4 liter 3v V8, very nice. Was able to negotiate 100k ford esp warranty, everything but cosmetic stuff, added 500 to end price. Have had it one month, and wife and I are very satisfied with it, none of the problems encountered that I have read on other threads related to expediton problems.
  • elpablo123elpablo123 Member Posts: 14
    I just started to research the Expedition and wanted to ask you how did you get leather seats in the XLT. According to another car web site you cannot get leather seats with the XLT.
    Congratulations on your purchase.
    Thanks,
    kansas
    don't know where he got it...
    but here is a source:

www.autoleathers.com
  • dockydocky Member Posts: 11
    Capt Joe,

Where did you buy your Black EB? I've been told Quirk typically will deal, but of course their cust satisfaction and service are abysmal.

Thanks
  • dominoetxdominoetx Member Posts: 3
    My 2006 exp. was due to be delivered today the 19th. When I went to the dealer to find out when it would be here, he called Ford and was told that it was built but was being held up with 40,000 other expeditons and navigators. He was not told why or for how long. I haven't seen anything about this anywhere and neither has he, but he suspected a safety problem. If anyone hears anything, please post it here.
  • tourguidetourguide Member Posts: 190
    That would be bad news for you dude. You're going to have to keep a close eye on your new ride. The most common reason they do stuff like that is to catch a defective batch of parts that made it into production vehicles. Sometimes they catch all the bad parts and sometimes not. Good luck.
  • dominoetxdominoetx Member Posts: 3
    The dealer called me back to say it was not limited to expeditions and navigators. The problem is the starter, which is furnished to ford by a vendor. The vendor is examining the problem. The $3000 rebate expires on 10/3 but people at ford that my dealer talked to think it will be extended or even increased. Of course, there is no guarantee. I can back out, let him locate, or wait. I'm inclined to wait for now as this one has the options I want.
  • k_aelene_yk_aelene_y Member Posts: 1
    okay guys, i have 1997 Expedition right. i got it for my birthday and just hate the color (dark red) i asked for a paint job for christmas, and I'm pretty sure i'll get it. i just dont know what color i should go with. I have Hot pink and Teal under lighting. But i want to get a aint job to match it before i pick one and put it on. what do ya'll suggest?
  • shasta2shasta2 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any experience with the new Simple Plan Price? Is it possible to negotiate any lower than this SPP after cash back rebates or that the final firm price? I am interested in a 2006 EB 4 x 4 Expedition ($34,557).
  • williepbwilliepb Member Posts: 1
    Does any one give me advice here. I'm planning to buy a 2006 4 x 4 XLT Expedition($39,700). How much will I expect for all the Rebates/Dealer cash back/Incentives? I live here in Cranston,Rhode Island. I have a trade-in with a negative equity and planning to roll it? What will be the best offer that I can give to the dealer? :confuse:
  • nbxnbx Member Posts: 28
    Back in late November I was offered an extra $1,000 owner loyalty rebate and $500 Shopping Spree (in lieu of $1,000 Shopping Spree credit card allowance) off the so-called Simple Plan Price on a new 2006 Expedition. The Shopping Spree ended here November 27th, but there is usually something similar that the dealer will dig up if you start to walk away.

Big decision to go for a new 2005 Expedition right now--need to get a great deal and know the 2005 will be driven a lot to get long term value. Extreme soft market for 2003-2006 used Expeditons makes it very difficult to trade back in at retail on 2005 and 2006 models. Even with rebates, you could find yourself $10,000 to $12,000 or more "upside down" after 100 miles. Lots of 2005 and 2006 new Expedition inventory all around--some new 2005 up to 18 months and getting to be very non-current. Tried out the above new 2006 that had been on the lot for over 6 months already. Noticed the battery was stone dead and there was only 3 tryout miles on the odometer.

(Hey Mr Ford, get some weight out instead of making the suv models heavier each time, e.g., the 2006 Explorer, 2003 and up Expedition)

But, if you know you are going to drive a lot, have good income, maybe have a growing family, a drop dead deal on a new 2005 is worth looking at. Despite high vehicle weight and size, most new Expeditions get somewhat decent mileage and have the potential to last to very high miles when properly driven and maintained. And, the 2wd high setting on late model Expedition 4wd is a huge advantage for Expedition versus a Explorer 4wd without 2wd high setting. For example my 2004 Expedition 4wd NBX gets better hwy mileage than my wife's 2003 V-8 Explorer 4wd (no 2wd high setting to choose), 3.73 towing ratio.

Finally, one local dealer mentioned that "Ford is getting back into leases" or something along that line. Ford had problems with market values of Expedition/Explorer coming off lease a few years ago and had to pull back the attractive offers. Dealers then could buy same or nearly identical vehicle at the sales for a few thousand dollars less than FMC payoff. Apparently from the above comment, a lease on the new 2006 Explorer is much more attractive than a similar lease last year.

..hope this helps..
  • newdoc2002newdoc2002 Member Posts: 7
    Coming close to trying buy an Expy but the dealers are driving me crazy.

The paradox is that the MSRP of the 2005 on the EB is almost exactly $1,000 higher than the 2006 so that automatically washes out the 5k versus 4k rebate on the 05 vs 06.

Then Ford is offering a 1000 discount on the 06 with the DVD and power 3rd row (what we want). That leaves the 05 further in the hole not counting the near 15k depreciation of driving it off the lot. The Ford dealers I have spoken with on this have their head in the sand or they are finding some suckers to take the 05's off the lot. They won't offer much less than some other's are for the 06's. I would have pulled the trigger for a great deal on the 05 because it is nearly the same vehicle and I drive my cars for 5-6 years minimum.

Not to mention the bold face lie told to me by my small town dealer about the Ford Simple Plan and rebates that just ended. Just price the dang car for what it's worth. Ford and GM are circling the drain and the dealers aren't helping them. Anyone notice how dead this expy forum has become?
  • nbxnbx Member Posts: 28
    Overall very good analysis.

But, I will add that the $1,000 "discount" on the 06 DVD is not really a discount at all because the discount is not reflected in the vehicle's invoice. The standard mark-up or cost factor for Expedition for many years has been from 88.5% to 88.7%, but some of the above discounted units have cost factors of 89.5 to 90.5%. Thus no real discount.

Also have noticed that some of the true price cuts for 06 Expedition are only on units built way early, say May and June of 2005. Later inventory have price cuts from 05 in their MSRPs, but not the invoice prices. Similar to the above.

One Ford dealer commented that Ford got its money when they ordered the Expeditions months ago--was hoping to dealer transfer all his stock.

Surprisingly, only one dealer has been aggressive in trying to move his new 2005 Expedition. Called me three or four times at work and home. The others like you said have their heads in the sand or dreamland and don't want to admit to what high gas prices have done to market conditions. So there sits non-current new Expedition inventory looking a bit older every month, maybe the finance guy can find a proud owner, that sort of thing.

I usually go the 5 year route to avoid the excessive
    depreciation that is typical for 2003 and up Expedition. But, wanting the new 5.4L 3V engine.

...still like the Expedition XLT for my hard working, general utility use versus say some of the more plush full sized suv models...but my advice to Ford continues to be to get the excessive weight out of Expedition to salvage what otherwise would have been an excellent full-sized suv...forget the Toby Keith ads about massive frames...give us weight reduction so we can comfortably stay in full-sized suv (or F-150)..
  • lemonlady1lemonlady1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a new expedition with 6,000 miles that I have not driven in 6 weeks because it will not start and the dealers cannot seem to fix the problem. They have tried everything, and every time I get the car back I drive it for an hour or two and then it won't restart. Be careful before prucharsing to be sure it doesn't have the same issue. I wonder how long the starters have been a problem?
    These electrical "gremlins" can be hard to figure out. I would start reading up on your states "Lemon Law" and be prepared to enforce it!
  • bourlabourla Member Posts: 5
    HI, I was offered this 06 expedition limited with these options, PEWTER CLEARCOAT METALLIC
    MED FLINT GREY LTH BK SEATS
    .5.4L-3V SOHC V8 ENGINE
    .4-SPEED AUTOMATIC O/D TRANS
    .P265/70R-17 OWL ALL-TERRAIN
    JOB #2 ORDER
    REVERSE SENSING SYSTEM 255
    POWER MOONROOF 860
    ADVANCE TRAC WITH RSC 595
    HEAVY DUTY TRAILER TOW 350
    NAVIGATION RADIO 1,995
    SAFETY CANOPY W/ROLLOVER SNSG 595
    CLOTH SUNVISOR W/HOMELINK 120
    POWER QUARTER FLIP WINDOWS 125
    3RD ROW POWERFOLD SEAT 495
    REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT DVD 1,500
    POWER AND ENTR DISCOUNT PKG'

list is 50,350, and is being offered for 39,995 plus tax and tags or for 43,995 with 0% financing. thanks for reading and any info is appreciated..
    HI, was also offered 06 king ranch model with these options
    CHR,LTHR
    .5.4L-3V SOHC V8 ENGINE
    .4-SPEED AUTOMATIC O/D TRANS
    .P265/70R-17 OWL ALL-TERRAIN
    REVERSE SENSING SYSTEM 255
    SEC ROW CAPT CHAIR 795
    SKID PLATE PACKAGE 100
    POWER MOONROOF 860
    ADVANCE TRAC WITH RSC 595
    HEAVY DUTY TRAILER TOW 350
    NAVIGATION RADIO 1,995
    LUGGAGE RACK W/BLK CROSSBARS 40
    SAFETY CANOPY W/ROLLOVER SNSG 595
    CLOTH SUNVISOR W/HOMELINK 120
    POWER QUARTER FLIP WINDOWS 125
    REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT DVD

List is 53,390 and they are offering it for 44,830 with 0% financing. thanks for reading and any info..
  • jg88jg88 Member Posts: 59
    We have an '04 Expy EB 4x4 that will be two years old in April and we already have about 31,000 miles on it. It has been completly trouble-free so far. However, we also had a '95 Explorer EB 4x4 that we kept until '04 that had 165,000 miles and it was not completely trouble-free with work done on the 4wd components in the first 100,000 miles. When the Explorer was around 30,000 miles, I purchased an extended warranty for the truck that I considered to be a good investment after we experienced problems later on. At the time, I had information from a dealer that gave me dealer invoice/cost pricing on the extended warranty from Ford and I purchased the Ford warranty for $100 over invoice. Am considering adding an extended warranty to our '04 Expy but currently, I do not know what the dealer costs are for Ford's extended warranties. (Am thinking of something that will cover me for a total of 3 years and another 65,000 miles over the initial 3 year/36k mile warranty taking me out to a 6 year, 100,000 mile total.)

Does anyone in this forum have access to the warranty costs from Ford for the Expedition? Please let me know if you do. BTW, am not interesrted in 3rd party warranties, only Ford's.
  • sue2000sue2000 Member Posts: 1
    Just started reading these, so you've probably already found this, however, I believe leather is an upgrade on XLT. I saw one on dealer lot locally in Ga.