Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Expedition Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    fordexpofordexpo Member Posts: 11
    These Expeditions are great and dependable. If you keep up with the maintance it will out last you. If you are concerned about fuel it is a pig on gas. Although on the highway we get about 18-19 mpg but city can only average 13?. Still love it and I towed a 1997 Lincoln Towncar on a trailer at 65 mph 60 miles last week. Buy it!!
  • Options
    txsuntxsun Member Posts: 2
    I found a locally owned Limited 4x4 with 24k miles on it for $30k. According to the pricing I'm seeing on Black Book and through NADA, the price looks too high.

The trade-in on it, for an Average rating, is around $24k. My thought is to offer them 5% over the trade-in price, which would be around $26k. That would allow them to make a little profit on the vehicle and still give me a fair price.

Any thoughts on this method? Also, is there any way to find out what the original owner received for their trade-in?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    blackbear06blackbear06 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at purchasing a limited 09 Expedition (doesnt really matter to me if it is an EL or not), does anyone know what dealers are offering right now? Or any purchasing stories?
  • Options
    tl68tl68 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a new 2009 EL Limited, paid $1800 under invoice. That includes $2600 in rebates.

I did a lot of shopping around and it was hard to push the dealers for a "great" price as there isn't a huge supply of these out there. At least not a lot of bare-bones Limited EL's like I wanted; you can find plenty with the luxury package and other extra junk, but they get pricey.
  • Options
    wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Used prices seem to be unusually high. My residual on a 2 year lease of an EB 4x4 is 22,300. Current trade in is $26 to $27K. PPV is over $30K. I really didn't want to purchase this but I can't see letting Ford have this back at $22.3K I've already paid for that extra. I'll probably never lease again.

I hate to fool with it but I may buy it and then sell it.
  • Options
    tmango4tmango4 Member Posts: 1
    do you like your king ranch, i have been looking for one as well but it looks like you got a really good deal.... where did you find it?

thanks
  • Options
    jim10jim10 Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    I am looking to purchase a King Ranch with the following options under the X-Plan. Would anyone have any comments on the best pricing and terms out there? In other words, is the X-Plan the best deal before the incentives?
    2nd row bucket seats
    Daytime running lights
    Remote start
    401A Rapid Spec package
    Retail is $56,650
    X-Plan is $51,938

Finally, do you have any idea how long these take to build? I've been told 6-8 weeks.
    Many thanks!
  • Options
    budnisabudnisa Member Posts: 4
    I am considering buying a 2010 Expedition EL Limited. What is a good price to pay for this truck? Are dealers willing to discount from MSRP? If so how much?

Thanks in Advance
  • Options
    mrpandamrpanda Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 2010 EL from Bredemann Ford in Glenview, IL for "Dealer Invoice". I had to order it because all the other Expeditions in the area were either to loaded or the wrong color. It took 2 1/2 months to get the vehicle but well worth it.
  • Options
    harkencoharkenco Member Posts: 1
    Priced out a 2010 Limited 4x4 in Salt Lake last week. Loaded with Spec 401A. $45800 + ttl. MSRP 51700. If I trade my Honda they'll drop the price another 1k. Only thing this one didn't have was remote start.
  • Options
    harleybyker2harleybyker2 Member Posts: 1
    i'm thinking about buying a used 1999 expedition with 162,000 miles on it for $4,000,does anyone have a opinion on if it is a good buy?
  • Options
    shangydshangyd Member Posts: 25
    Nobody buy expedition recently? See the newest report are more than 1 year ago. Maybe because of the hiking gas price:-)
  • Options
    coffeemlkcoffeemlk Member Posts: 20
    Call me crazy with gas at $3.50 gal; but I just bought a new 2011 Expedition Limited, pearl white. I bought my last new Limited in Nov. 2008 when gas was $4.50 a gallon. In 2008, I got $9000 off MSRP and it ended up costing only $32,000. I drove it a year, gas went down, and sold it for $30,000.

My new 2011 Limited has a MSRP of $46,530, dealer sold it to me for invoice $44,175 minus $3000 in rebates, net cost $41,175. ($5355 off MSRP) Not as good as 2008, but 2008 was in November at end of year inventory blowout time.

I say buy when no one else is and get the best deal.
  • Options
    timj757timj757 Member Posts: 13
    I am hoping to get some help from anyone who has purchased an expedition lately? I wanted to know what package had the Ipod and navigation included in it? Also, does anyone know how the A plan works? I have an Uncle who said he could get it for me but I was wondering if that means the car would be sold at invoice below invoice or what? Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Timj757