Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• christophers1christophers1 Member Posts: 18
    EB 03 MSRP 44890

5.4 L,climate control front seats, entertainment pkg, safety canopy, 3rd row power fold

I would like to buy ,but I somehow feel that I can do better and I'm going to try.

Sale Price is 37354.05 after rebate plus TTT
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    chris dont worry about what options you want at this point 1st we have to find the ford dealer who will take invoice for the expedition or a couple hundred over. i have dealt with autoland in n.j. before and most of there cars they sell are around invoice. keep me posted if you find out anything.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• davantdavant Member Posts: 294
    Laz,

The second row is not designed to be removed so you can enter/exit the vehicle, at least not with the standard seat config. I looked under there and it appears you could take it out if you had to but I'm sure the dealer would scream warranty insanities if they found out. It does slide back and forth 11 inches, handy for better access to little people. The flip forward seats are fairly easy to operate once you practice, a few times is all it takes. Hydraulic dampers prevent chomped body parts when you fold them back down, gimmicky but effective. Be careful coming out facing forward as the latch protrudes and can mess you up about knee high. The best solution if you want easier third row access is to order second row captains chairs. I'm not sure if they're limited to the EB or not but fordvehicles.com would tell you if you build from scratch.

Dealers seem to be selling these pretty readily right at or below invoice. Pitch them against each other even if you have to fudge the numbers, they'll bite! If you like yours half as much as we do you'll be thrilled.
  • dcbtexdcbtex Member Posts: 1
    I noticed LAZ1 mentioned Dallas. I am interested in a XLT with 5.4, leather, and side curtain airbags; or possibly an EB. I would appreciate any additional current pricing information for the area, and any suggested dealers. I am also curious whether anyone has heard if Ford intends to offer 0% financing on the '03 Expedition. It just seems that Ford would want to provide some extra incentive here at the end of the year, even on '03's . . .
  • frankno1frankno1 Member Posts: 68
    Davant,
    I paid $100 over invoice for $31,207 then subtracted the $1500 rebate for a total price of $29,707 at 6% interest over 60 months.

Cheers,
    Frank
  • mhhurstmhhurst Member Posts: 1
    Hey any of you done the D plan? I have a relative that works for a local Ford dealership, and is offering this plan to me. Any experiences? I figured it might be the best deal I could get, but after reading about the Xplans and it might be possible to get a better deal, thought I would ask.
  • fgltcfgltc Member Posts: 1
    I live in the FTWorth area, dealer is offering $8000 off MSRP on EB and $6500 on XLT. About to sell a clean(31K)'99 Taurus to CarMax(any suggestions here) smart move or not, they are offering more than the dealer. Anybody finding better deals in the DFW area. The negotation process is high stakes cat and mouse and sooo time consuming(time is on my side though)

Thanks for any comments
  • pwaspwas Member Posts: 34
    currently have a 2001 Expedition XLT with premium sport package,sunroof,leather,6 disc,reverse sensor's,side air bags and the 4.6 engine 4X4. Im thinking about trading it on a 2003 XLT or Eddie Bauer. If i get the XLT the options i want are sunroof,DVD,6 disc,reverse sensing,leather and 5.4 engine (premium) In the bauer i want DVD,mainly maybe sunroof. Im trying to keep the price at a certain area. They are offering $7000 off including the $1500 rebate. Which would be the best buy Eddie Bauer or XLT??? I really love the stereo in the Bauer vs the XLT and the fact that the 3 row seat windows open. but the prices on bauers are up their compared to the XLT I can get more options on a XLT around the same price as a basic Bauer. HELP!!
  • alexm234alexm234 Member Posts: 10
    I am getting an Expedition XLT Popular 4x2 for 29000, from Joe Myers in Houston, Texas. MSRP is 34330; has bucket seats, and 6 disc CD changer. Inquired through internet.
  • taimgxetaimgxe Member Posts: 4
    Would somebody please post their Plan Codes on the message board?? I want to be able to judge what the Plan price is versus what I am getting from the dealers. Would appreciate someone from the Houston, Tx area to post your code?

Thanks,
  • alwaysfordsalwaysfords Member Posts: 210
    And post your SSN and credit card numbers too....
    This might help the Texans hungry for good Expie price. They're cutting great deals here in Pensacola FL, meaning they're likely doing the same or better in larger cities. There isn't zero percent financing and I bet Ford won't do it on this model since it's their new flagship. As you know you do get either a thou or thou-and-a-half rebate depending on purchase zip code, here it's $1,000 (lease plans are different compared to purchase). The best source for no BS financing offers is of all places, www.fordvehicles.com.

Our deal, not under a lettered plan, just intense haggling, was for an '03 Expie 4x2 Eddie Bauer, 5.4L, Side airbags, elect 3rd row seat (about as stripped an EB as you'll find) and had a sticker of $39,540 MSRP total. We got it for $33.5 cash (OK-credit union loan)+ tax & tags, no trade, dealer kept the rebate, that includes the $740 destination fee. I got the Consumer Reports wholesale pricing guide ($12) and it says we paid around $700 below dealer invoice. I believe it because I got a peek at the check paper work cut to the dealer it came from (read on). If you think this is way off let me know, I feel mighty good about it and beat the nearest dealer by hundreds. I believe Blue Oval dealers (the designation most bigguns' have) can sell this low because they not only get the standard 3 percent holdback of the MSRP sticker, they also get an additional 1.25% as well, 4.25% of MSRP total (that's $1,680 in our deal). Whether you get a portion of that off your deal might depend on house policy and how long it was on the lot, but most of all how well you can play & win the buying game. Our vehicle was transferred from another dealer and they tried to charge $400 extra, no dice. They also threw in the Ford tinted nose deflector/shield.

A friendly word of warning to anyone that gets the Ford plastic nose protector shield thingy on an '03 Expie. It definitely causes minor wind noise that sounds like loose molding on the roof but it isn't. Our dealership actually replaced someone else's windshield before they realized the problem. I noticed it on test drives, they told me about it at delivery and offered to take it off. We feel the minor flutter is worth it to protect it from rocks and suicidal bugs.

If you're going to load up an XLT with leather, etc. consider an EB as you get so much more. The best feature if you switch off drivers is the seat/mirror/pedal memory, standard on the EB, not available on an XLT. I know this sounds like hype/fluff but if you've ever bumped your shins getting in or cursed your significant others choice of mirror placement, you'll love this feature and wonder how you ever lived without it. You can set it to move positions when you unlock with the remote or turn the key, and the drivers seat goes all the way back when you turn the key off. You also get a better stereo with std. 6 CD and sub-woofer, 3rd row electric pop-out windows, the useful back-up obstacle warning system (it works well), two tone paint versus one color with plastic trim, and two tone leather. The decked out XLT we considered was just a couple of grand less than what we got an EB for. We love everything about ours, outstanding package & dealer, great finish and design thoughtfulness, and we're getting 17 MPG C/H mix thus far. Your feedback is welcomed.
  • batesybatesy Member Posts: 2
    Davant,
    I live in the Mobile, AL area looking for an Expedition XLT popular w/captains cloth seats and changer (wife wants cloth only). I believe MSRP is just under 35k and invoice is about 31k. I went to the biggest Ford Dealer in town (treadwell ford) and they are talking about a ford price increase from models made after mid November.

I don't trust these guys very much, but I want to see if this is true. Is it worth it to go to P'cola for a deal? They quoted me a price on an Eddie Bauer for $34k with MSRP of 37.5k. They tried to push me on the EB since the one I wanted was not on the lot.

If you don't mind, could you tell me the dealer name there? The local places here are not that receptive. I would think they would be more motivated to sell (at a better price). I hate to haggle and would ratherwalk than give them the satisfaction of ripping me off.

I might be better off with carsdirect.com or somthing of that nature.
    Batesy,

Try World Ford, Dave E. in particular, low pressure, knows his poop. They beat everyone short of checking your town by enough to make it worth the drive. Only drawback might be tax on an out of state purchase.

Good luck, you'll love the vehicle!
  • ajosey23ajosey23 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings Expedition affecianados(I probably spelled that wrong! I'm lost without spellcheck.) My wife wants a new '03 Expedition. I downloaded all the info on that vehicle from Consumer reports($12) and have chosen an XLT popular,2wd, invoice price of $29,703 plus $740 destination charge. Ford is offering $1000 rebate and there is a dealer hold-back of $1,014 on that model. I am adding captains chairs in the front and the safety canopy. About $1000 in options.
    So far I have two prices back from the 10 dealers in the Atlanta area I have contacted. The best price is a walkout (including 7% tax, tag, title and doc fees) of $32,198.35. But that dealer says they don't have the car on their lot, but will get it from another local dealer. She also said that she can't give me a better deal because the dealer hold-back money isn't available since they have to get the car from another dealer. This sounds like a good deal and I don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish but can I do better?
    Is it worth paying more to get the premium or Eddie Baur? Just wondering. How much is it worth to a dealership to sell the car before the end of the year? If anyone is looking to buy a new car you have to go get the info from consumer reports. It will save you hundreds and maybe even thousands off the price. Knowledge is power. Most people get taken advantage of at the dealership because they get involved emotionally in the new car they want. Then the dealer starts piling on junk fees, (i.e. undercoating, clearcoating, fabric protection, inspection fees, rust proofing, extended warranties, and dealer advertising fees) pretty soon your 30k price turns into 35k and you walk out ticked off because you feel as if you got taken advantage of when you should be walking out happy because, after all, most of us don't buy a new car very often and it should bring you joy. At least I think so. Merry Christmas! Maybe my Honey will have a new Exp under the tree this year.
    I used C'Reports also, it rules! We started the quest just like you looking at an XLT w/similar options but wound up with a 'spartan' EB instead. 2WD, 5.4L, side-canopy, elec 3rd row, nothing else. If you scroll up to 21 Nov and then another 30 days you'll see my babbling about the EB versus the competition and XLT. Summary is may fave Eddie-B features are the back-up warning system, seat/mirror/pedal driver memory, leather captains, lux 6 CD stereo, set & forget temp controls w/digital display, climate/cruise/stereo wheel controls, and two-tone paint, all standard on the EB. With destination, FL tag transfer, and the dealer picking it up from out of state too (they wanted another $400), cash price was $33.5K plus tax (dealer kept $1K rebate off the end). My Oct CR report shows that's about $700 below invoice. We haggled and then found the vehicle. I believe dealers get hold-back on all they sell, remember, that's figured as 3% of MSRP, 4.25% for Blue Ovals, but there are variables so you may only get a scosh. The hold-back sob story sounds like BS to me, stick to your guns. Splurge, get the EB, you won't regret it!

P.S.- Spell check is the center button at the bottom while entering your reply.
  • clecroneclecrone Member Posts: 5
    After reading your prices I think I am being offered too high a price
    Expedition Premium -4x4 with 5.4L with reverse sensing and side canopy - $36,000 from dealer outside Phila. I have not included the $1500 rebate or $1750 from my credit card that I can deduct from the above total. Is this deal any good at all?
    I'm willing to travel up and down the coast for bettee deals if they're worth it.
    Thanks!!
  • batesybatesy Member Posts: 2
    davant,
    I just got an XLT Popular 4.6 (Arizona Beige) w/cloth captain's seats here in Mobile (Treadwell Ford) for a few hundred under invoice (before 4.5% sales tax, title and doc fee). I got $2,000 in standard rebates (it was $1,000 until dec 7th when they told me an extra $1,000), $1,000 Ford Loyalty, and $400 recent grad rebate. Most other dealers quoted a bit over invoice (31,200 & 32,000 some examples), but all claimed to beat the best deal. I searched World Ford's inventory, but did not see the vehicle we were looking for. I did find out it was dealer xferred from Pascagoula, Miss.

I searched Montgomery, Birmingham and even some Atlanta online inventories (I don't know about the accuracy, but it was helpful). I found the car and let them know about it (that particular suv "had slipped their minds"). There is one dealer website in Atlanta that listed a coupon to sell at $500 under invoice (imageine the sales pressure on the back end). I can't recall that dealer, but it didn't sound familiar.

It is much larger that our '97 Explorer! It sure does ride so much nicer. The internet manager was very nice and gave me a few "no haggle" prices that were around invoice before rebates.
    First of all, don't rearrange the message title. It sounds like you got a good deal, congrats on your new wheels. If you used the CR sheet and figure you got it for invoice or below you did fine. I think most dealers will sell right about invoice without giving blood...yours. The rebates stacked up for you and made an even nicer discount. You did the legwork of locating the vehicle for them, so did I but kept my mouth shut until the end. The feedback I got was dealers will swap vehicles most of the time but can refuse if they know it's one of their customers, this doesn't make sense to me. I guess they stand to make more if it's sold in house. The losing dealer was affiliated/owned by the same group as the dealer I bought from so politics wasn't a factor. A competing local dealer ran our desired config & color and came up with zilch when I knew of two from web listed inventories within striking distance, go figure. I thought the dealerships locator would be better, oh well.

Are you satisfied with performance of the 4.6L? I felt the added cost and one MPG trade-off of the 5.4 was worth having a little more ba**s even though I don't tow (with all the broken down Dodge's I see I may have too, LOL).

I hope all this typing helps somebody buy the right Ford at the right price. You'll be able to tell our EB Expie from others real soon by the custom bumper sticker touting the independent rear suspension that says, "WHAT POTHOLE?"

Merry A-Fordin' X-mas!
  • bytrebytre Member Posts: 2
    Parked in my driveway is our new EB 4x4 5.4l Expedition with safety canopy, advancetrac, climate controlled seats, powerfold 3rd seat, DVD system. We didn't exactly want the climate seats and DVD, but had a tough time finding a model that fit our exact specification.

MSRP: $45970
    Invoice: $40235
    Price: $37640, dealer taking the $2000 rebate

Got the vehicle from our closest Ford dealer (we have 34 within 20 miles, here in Southern California) who had to trade for it, but they didn't try charging me for that.

I got some options I didn't want, but got the car in the $2000 rebate period and close to my target price cap.
  • kyliangkyliang Member Posts: 6
    I went to San Diego. I found that several dealer advertise $9000 off on Expedition EB. The best one is $9500 of $42XXX EB and it said 5 at this price.

Good Luck For all You Guys
  • tanglintanglin Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership in SOCA did you use?
  • tonyd39tonyd39 Member Posts: 12
    I'm considering a 2003 XLT Popular with captains chairs, 6 disc CD, 5.4L engine, AdvanceTrack, Side Curtain with rollover. Selling price from my dealer is $ 500 over dealer invoice. The XLT was acquired by the dealer via a trade with another dealer and has been on my dealers lot for approximately 2 months. The XLT completed manufacturing in 8/2002. What does everyone think of this selling price and for that matter the options and the fact that it was manufactured back in august 2002?
    Thanks
    I think you should be able to buy this vehicle at least a few hundred below dealer invoice. You didn't mention a trade or which rebate you get, or if it was included in the $500 over invoice. Rebates vary by locale so head to Fordvehicles.com and enter your zip code, most likely it's $1,000 or 1,500. The best $12 you'll ever spend is on Consumer Reports no BS pricing guide. The info here at Edmunds is darn close too. If you take time to review this post and others, many folks aren't just bragging, they actually bought a vehicle well below invoice. We got our EB about $700 below and I've seen better deals listed. The fact that the dealer traded for this vehicle may actually hurt as they can only do so much and might only get a smidge of holdback. Try bargaining on another vehicle or with another dealer for comparison. We looked at one equipped like yours and settled for an EB with a few less options. I don't think August production matters much but there are so many available why settle for one already 6 months old? My advice is skip the exchanged one, be patient, bicker hard, walk out if you need to. Keep your new car fogged up goggles clean, and insist they hack off at least $750 on the traded one or one just like it the dealer orders for you.

Happy a-ford-ing, keep us posted.
    OK ... now my dealer has a demo XLT 4x4 Premium with 5k miles with the 4.6L engine, leather, moonroof, 6-CD, reverse sensor, safety canopy, and DVD. They are offering this at a cost of approx $ 1,100 below invoice. I also do qualify for the additional Ford discounts. The questions now are (a) is the demo pricing fair, and (b) is the XLT premium with the features above a better vehicle then the XLT 4x4 Popular with 5.4L, AdvanceTrac, Captains cloth, safety canopy, and 6-CD. I do not do a lot of hauling as the XLT will be used by the wife. Is the 5.4L and the AdvandTrack worth passing up to get the demo XLT premium with the leather, moonroof, and DVD, reverse sensor, canopy, etc?
    Thanks
    Obviously it's a personal choice but I'd take the 5.4 because it seems less labored in daily use. They're both good engines capable of moving the 5,600 lbs around. The 4.6 seemed to huff & puff getting on the highway and downshifted heading upwind. The dealer probably still has the demo because most folks that typically would would want/afford those options would opt for the bigger V-8. If your wife is the primary driver and she's happy with the 4.6, enjoys the leather, DVD, backup doober, and feels safer with canopy and advance-track, go for that one. Just recognize it's even more of a used vehicle than the Popular one with 5.4. I've read numerous reviews at blueovalnews.com that say the 4.6 is plenty if you don't tow or load up. Our 5.4 seldom breaks 2 grand RPM's and is nearly silent, I like that. Have you considered a "stripped" Eddie Bauer? We got a 5.4 with side-bags & elec 3rd row for 33.5K before tax and including a $1K rebate. Let us know what else you consider.
    Well the wife won out. Decided to go with the dealer demo 2003 XLT premium with the 4.6L engine with leather, 6-CD, moonroof, safety canopy, and reverse sense. The demo price with Ford rebates just seemed to good to pass up. I just hope I dont regret the smaller engine and that I didn't go with the other XLT with less features but the bigger 5.4L engine. I guess time will tell ...
    Excuse me for "double posting" as I just realized I posted this message first in a different section. Anyway ... I was all set to pick up my "new" XLT today. This is a dealer demo with 5k miles on it since it was made last July/August. The dealer was offering it to me at $1,500 below invoice which I thought was a fair price. This was also approx $ 6,500 below MSRP. Additionally I qualified for $3,500 in Ford rebates. So all in all I thought the deal was pretty fair. Now the dilemma ... I was supposed to pick up the car today. However last night I stopped by just to look at it one more time before I signed the papers today. It was late and the dealership was closed. To my surprise my soon to be XLT was parked in front of the dealership body shop. Someone apparently backed into it while it was on the dealers lot. Damage included the rear bumper and tail light. The dealer did not inform me of this when I called to arrange for a time to pick up my new XLT this morning. I at first played dumb to see if they would say anything. They didn't and then I brought it up. Their response was that they were going to inform me when I did in fact come in to sign the papers. Now I have been dealing with this dealership for 17 years. I have always had very good experiences with them and right or wrong I will take them at their word for this. After I brought it up they informed me of what happened and said that they replaced the rear bumper today along with the rear tail light. There was no damage to the body or frame as it was only backed into on the lot. They also had to paint the new bumper to match the color of the truck. Soooo ... I said OK then what additional discount can you give to me now that this 6 month old demo with 5k miles on it has been in an accident. The answer is that all they can do is offer me a 5 yr/60k mile extended warranty. I was hoping to receive this plus an additional reduction in the selling price. My questions are as follows: (a) this Expie does have everything in it that I want. A new Expie with the same features will most likely be at a minimum $500 above invoice which means approx $2,000 more then this vehicle. Should I take this vehicle as is with no additional discount? Or should I demand an additional price reduction and if not received take my business elsewhere knowing that I will end up paying $2k more for the same options but for a brand new XLT? (b) do I have any legal recourse here which would require the dealer to offer a new, different XLT with the same features as this demo and at this demo price? As I stated I did not sign any papers yet but my bank, insurance company, and dealer did fax the purchase agreement and insurance binders to each other and I did verbally agree to buy this vehicle so the process was underway.
  • cjwellscjwells Member Posts: 20
    Just bought our 2003 EDDIE BAUER. We paid $33,501.76 out the door. The only two options we wanted and got were 3rd row power folding seat and climate controlled seats. This is our first SUV and we love it. This replaced our 2002 Bonneville SSEi.
  • scottl1scottl1 Member Posts: 1
    CJ

Do you know what invoice was on your EB? Sounds like a great deal. I just started looking an want to purchase by the end of the month. The best I've done so far is $100 below invoice. Does anyone have any idea if Ford will continue or increase the $2000 rebate. It is currently scheduled to end on Feb 28th.

Thanks
  • cjwellscjwells Member Posts: 20
    The invoice price for our expy was $35,301.76. Our price was $100 under invoice - $2000 rebate + $300 sales tax = $33,501.76. South Carolina caps the sales tax at $300 for autos. We purchased using the Ford X-plan. The X-plan is 4% + $150 over what a Ford employee pays.
  • mogulskrmogulskr Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 4X4 XLT Premium with 6 disc changer, power moonroof and safety canopy. Paid $33,458 + TT no tax in NH. Was about $3000 under invoice and it was upfront pricing - no haggle. I guess with a little shopping could have done better, but this was stress free and quick.
  • waltkapwaltkap Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a FX4 with Leather, a six cd changer and advance trac, it invoiced for 41500 and I paid 34000 out the door (including rebates, tax, tag and title in NC). I think I did alright, any comments. This replaces an Isuzu Trooper and I love it already.
  • res1510res1510 Member Posts: 3
    I am going to lease a 2003 Black EB 4x2 w/DVD, Moonroof, Safety Canopy, Power 3rd Row Seats w/an MSRP of $42,410. Edmunds.com indicates that the TMV is $37,226. I am going to lease for 24 months and make a lump sum payment for the entire term at lease inception. If anyone has an inform opinion as to what a fair price for that lump sum is w/brief explanation of how you arrived at that figure, please advise. Thank you very much.
  • svevsvev Member Posts: 2
    Gotta sell the convertible for a SUV, new baby needs more room I am told. Comparing Expedition vs Denali, as far as feature/ benfits/price goes.

Here's my question to the forum:

"Is $45,000 a good price for the fully loaded (every factory option installed, DVD/Nav/Heat-Cool Seats/Etc) EB 4x4 and with 1900 miles as dealer demo?"

$2,000 rebate or 0% for 3 yrs is offered on this demo still, so price is now $43,000 not including T/T/L.

I want to have all of the toys, but not at the price.
    Any thoughts is appreciated.
  • aggiebartaggiebart Member Posts: 37
    Invoice +/- $300 is the market price less the $2500 rebate. Check out the invoice on this website.
    Invoice for an EB 4x4 with EVERY option and destination is $43638, less 2500 makes it $41138 for a brand new one not a 1900 mile demo.
  • svevsvev Member Posts: 2
    You both mentioned $2500 rebate, is that based on regionality? I live in CT and was told $2000, is there another $500 I am not aware of that I can obtain?
    I was just using aggie's figure - it is actually $2000 (using Danbury's zip on Edmunds). The vehicle is still too over priced. What are your thoughts?
  • aggiebartaggiebart Member Posts: 37
    Every region is different. Regarding the demo
    take alteast $500 off for the 1900 miles.
  • natalie02lenatalie02le Member Posts: 19
    XLT premium 5.4L 4WD (order code 250A) white/grey, no options. Sticker 39,535. Invoiced at around 35,130 (including 390 adv. fee). Sale price 35,960 plus 2,160 FL tax (ouch - I wished I lived in SC) less 4,000 rebate (includes 1,000 owner loyalty) total out the door equal 34,120 less 515 free gas cards equals 33,605.
    Deducting the gas from the sale price says I paid 315 over invoice less rebates.
    I like everything about the vehicle except an annoying jitter (see post #227 in the Problems board).
    To res1510 - I am a fan of lump sum leases. I had a 24 month lump sum lease on a 2001 Ranger. I started out wanting to do the same with the 2003 Expedition, but the lease deals are just not as good as they used to be. For EB's stickering at $42k-$44k, I was getting lump sum leases around $15k-$16k even after the lease rebates recently went up. Those prices are not compelling.
  • clecroneclecrone Member Posts: 5
    I am getting an 2003 Expedition Premium, 5.4 engine with the following options: 6 CD stereo, tire pressure monitoring, reverse sensing, canopy, power moonroof, and 3rd row power seats. Paying $37,870 - less $3000 rebate, less $1600 Ford credit card incentive. Final cost is $33,270. Feel this is pretty good. Am I wrong?
  • jini99jini99 Member Posts: 1
    Let me start by saying this Messge Board is great and ended up saving me money. Those who are potential buyers should study the information from this site and then negotiate from a position of strength.

What I Bought: Fully loaded 2003 4x2 EB $600 under invoice. (Not including incentives)

Equipment: PwrMnrf(43M), Nav Radio(58F), SaftyCanpy/rollovr(67D), 3rd rowpwr seat(87P), climate cntrl frntseat(90D), Rear DVD(91V)

Dealers Printed Invoice: $38434 + $740 Destination = $39,174
    (This matched the "invoice" value from autos.yahoo.com)

Details:
    The company I work for is a Ford Partner which entitles me to take advantage of the Ford X-Plan (3% above what Ford Employee would pay drawing from existing dealer inventory) which would have been ~ $300 over invoice. I thought that was a fair deal until I read this web site. There are several here who were getting $200-700 under invoice so I negotiated over the phone for $600 under invoice: they concented and I drove to the dealership in Buena Park.

This was Thursday before the Memorial Weekend and the incentives at the time were $2000 cash back OR 0% financing. I was only interested in the financing but what was so cool, was in the previous 24hrs, I had heard of some Ford offer to match your down payment up to $1000. Of course, they "hadn't heard of it" but I told them the dealer down the freeway "had" so they "checked with managment" and said it was a Memorial Weekend Incentive which wouldn't be available untill the next day. When I said "see ya tomorrow" they found a way to make it happen right then.

What I paid: $39,174 - $600(under invoice) - $1000 (matching down payment) = $37,574 @ 0% Financing.

We just took the car on a 1200 mile trip to the Grand Canyon and it was a blast. It had tons of power, the kids watch movies, I had the AC on and my wife just smiled......
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Congrats on your Expedition!

Glad to hear Edmunds.com was helpful.
  • caseman22caseman22 Member Posts: 8
    I just purchased a 2001 Expy EB 5.4l with full power, 3.55 limt slip diff, skid plates, am/fm cd changer, tv, vcr, heated seats, side airbags, 3rd row seat and trailer hitch all in a Very clean 24,00 mile package for $24,999. What do you think?
  • mechdeclinedmechdeclined Member Posts: 5
    We are considering a 2003 xlt premium with the 5.4 v8. We are going with all the options except the dvd player, tire pressure monitoring, steering assist and load leveling. I am in sw va and have found a dealer that will go $100 below invoice. Is this a fair deal in my area? Also, does anyone know if you take the $3000 rebate how low a 60 month apr you can get from ford motor credit if you have A++ credit? Thanks.
  • hammond9705hammond9705 Member Posts: 2
    I was happy with my experience buying a 2003 Eddie Bauer except for having to fight to get the wireless headphones for the DVD player. They stalled for 3 weeks, and then when I escalated, they insisted that it was supposed to come with wired headphones rather then wireless. After much arguing I finally got my wireless headphones (which the kids love).

Has anybody else had a problem like this?

Bob
  • benson10benson10 Member Posts: 15
    I just opted for a new 4WD XLT from Bill Talley Ford in Richmond VA. Lots of standard niceties. Paid $29,200. That included $1000 discount for financing through Ford credit, and no penalty for early pre-payment. A whole lot of vehicle for the money. I highly recommend dealer. This is the third car I've bought there.
  • tkenny53tkenny53 Member Posts: 41
    I have been looking around the same neighborhood. Buena Park did seem to have better deals than La Habra. I will have to look over there
  • tkenny53tkenny53 Member Posts: 41
    Did you buy or lease, I heard that the 1k was lease only.