Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Camry Owners: Meet the Members

13»

Comments

• Options
    trobinson017trobinson017 Member Posts: 1
    My wife needs a new car and really wants a Solara convertible. She has a 2002 Chrysler Sebring now which is a piece of garbage. Worst care we've ever owned. I've found a Solara convertible in my area which is rare. Seems everyone has one and nobody wants to sell/trade-in. Anyway, it's a 2000 with 70K miles on it for $16K. The pics look really good and clean but I'm a bit concerned about the mileage. Normally, I wouldn't consider a car with high miles but Solaras have always struck me as very reliable, well build cars. Should I be concerned with the 70K already on it? What things should I inquire about that relate to the high mileage? How about the price? Is $16K reasonable for a Solara conv. with 70K on it? This car is being sold by CarMax so I'm pretty confident it doesn't have any major problems with it. They've been honest with me so far in rejecting cars I wanted because they found serious issues with them upon delivery.

Thanks!

Tim
  • Options
    djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Hi all:
    I own a 2007 V6 Camry XLE which is one year old with 22,000+ miles. (YES, I drive a lot!) The vehicle is serviced by the selling dealer every 2,500 miles, (my choice!) ---- The vehicle also has a 6 year / 100,000 mile Toyota "top-of-the-line" exteded warranty.
    I do not have any problems with this vehicle. It is very comfortable and powerful. Based on my experience with this vehicle, I would consider purchasing another Toyota in two years.
    Best regards. ---- Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • Options
    tbartolitbartoli Member Posts: 1
    My 06 Toyota Camry suddenly started to make a very loud noise that sounds like valve chatter. Oil level is OK. Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks, Tom
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Need to determine first, whether it is internal to the engine, or an external accessory. The easiest way to do this, is to just take off the accessory belt, and then start the engine. If the noise has stopped, then it's one of your accessories, a pulley, or the tensioner. If the noise still occurs, then you have something major wrong within the engine and you need to get it to the dealership fast.

Unless you have been beating the engine or running with low oil, it's probably an accessory.
  • Options
    99camryle99camryle Member Posts: 1
    Hi all! I recently purchased a 1999 Camry LE. The car has 67,000 miles and so far runs great! This is the first car ive bought that wasnt new. I am getting used to the soft suspension and on cold starts theres a whining sound for about 2 minutes, but this may all be normal. I am very happy with my Camry. It even has a rearview mirror with compass and temp. I will post again if I have any questions and thanks in advance for your input!
This discussion has been closed.