Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kauskaus Member Posts: 5
    I read many threads but still I have questions:

- I'm in Philly area (PA) looking for a good price on the LE (mats + alloy wheels + push start are the only options I desire but I realize some are not available in LE trim). What prices should I aim to get for basic LE and LE with some available option(s)?

- Truecar gives me 20,172 (just basic LE) for a dealer >50 miles away. Anyone with an experience with Truecar that they can share? Do I just walk in with a certificate and the dealer will accept?

thanks alot for any help.
  • nkvnkv Member Posts: 24
    Truecar is a simple service that works like a charm and eliminates haggling and heartache and buyer remorse. You need to settle on the color and options and price the car with your preferences. Just because you get the quotes does not mean the dealer will have that same configuration in stock. You can contact them via e-mail or phone and make sure they can get you exactly what you want. In most instances they can swap cars with other area dealers to find exact match.

If you prefer to deal with a particular dealer (that has provided the quote, but is not the cheapest), you can negotiate the price match. Dealers for most part do not want to lose business for a few hundred dollars.

I just completed purchase of 2013 toyota camry XLE- V-6 using this service. I got 3 quotes and my local dealer came in with the highest price. I got phone calls from two dealers and the third contacted me by e-mail. My local dealer price-matched and got me the exact trim, color and options from two hundred miles away. Virtually everything done over the course of three short phone conversations. I did not even step in the dealership to test drive and meet anyone until they secured the vehicle of my choice.

My price in Southwest Fl was $26442 with blind spot monitoring and toyoguard (free upgrade.....I don't understand why anyone would pay them $699 for this nonsense!!).
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    If you want alloy wheels, you need to go with the SE. Alloy wheels cost about $700 alone on the LE, so you might as well just pay the extra for an SE (price difference of around $700) and get the bigger wheels, fog lights, spoiler, paddle shifters, and heated mirrors.
  • se_doodse_dood Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    I am from Northern CA area. I was in the market for new Camry SE 4 cyl model. Finally bought yesterday.

MSRP - 24420$
    Dealer Price - 21342$
    OTD Price - 22000$
    Final price paid: 23400$( Added dealer installed backup camera + LoJack)
    Rebates included:
    Grad Rebate - 1000$
    Toyota cash - 750$

Is this a good deal ??
    I had thought about what you suggested since it makes sense to get more with the SE. The thing is I'm not too fond of the firmer ride in SE. That is from my research, I still have to test drive the SE to compare with the LE (coming of the current ES300 I like the ride of the LE).

can anyone chime in on their experience of the ride quality between the LE and SE?

thanks
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    I have had a Lexus ES 300, LE AND XLE Toyotas, we now have a 2012 and 2013 Camry SE, and the ride is not too much firmer, and still rides very well. I do not regret getting the SE's.....You will like it
  • tmx2001tmx2001 Member Posts: 1
    When compared to the LE, SE has better seats, fog lights, real spoiler, alloy wheels just for extra $600. I test drove both LE and SE, I liked the ride of SE and bought the same. Its a subjective thing so the best option is to test drive yourself. Believe me, SE's stock seats are way better than that of the LE.
  • hpatel1hpatel1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, can you please post Dealership information. I would like to get this lease deal too.
    Thanks to voicemailking and tmx2001. yup, I will test drive the SE and the RAV4. I know I will have a hard time deciding b/t a camry and a RAV4. Wife likes the RAV4 better although we don't haul stuff or must have 4x4.
    The Camry will last 200,000 miles with no problem. Can't say the same about the RAV4. The Camry will also have better resale value.
    Thanks ziyulu. I agree with your statement about the camry based on my experience.

anyone know whether I should include the new grad rebate in negotiating OTD price or just wait until I see the finance guy and get it in at that time? it seems to me when dealers give quotes, prices with the grad rebate included are not as good as without after minusing the rebate myself. any one know? thx
    Keep in mind that the grad or military rebate is only valid for financing. The reason prices with the rebate are not as good is because cash prices are always better than financing prices.
  • luvmycar1234luvmycar1234 Member Posts: 5
    friends,
    i am for camry xle 2013 with leather package. getting a quote of 26500 , and lease payment of 320 with 0 down, and 12k/year, 36 months. This is in north NJ. how is the offer comparing ?
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    whats the msrp? V6 or 4 cylinder? Navigation? Blind spot monitor?
  • luvmycar1234luvmycar1234 Member Posts: 5
    4 cylinder, no blind spot, no navigation.
  • blarfblarf Member Posts: 14
    What would be a stellar deal for a 2013 SE V6 with nav, blind spot monitor, leather....?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to a couple who recently purchased a family car together. If you and your spouse have kids, purchased a car within the past six months and would like to share your story with a journalist, please send your daytime contact information at pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• krsonekrsone Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Hello All,

I’m new to the site and I’ve been reading through this thread and have gathered a lot of GREAT information.

I wanted to ask the negotiating gurus on the this thread for their inputs.

I’m currently looking to purchase a 2012 Camry SE. I’ve narrowed it down to about 3 so far:

1) Has 8700 miles asking for 20288 (with 325 off for being with USAA)
    2) Has 5527 miles asking 19998
    3) Has 23077 20904
    4)
    I’m using these 3 cars for negotiating comparison (to low ball on the above 3)
    1) 32,951 miles asking 17850
    2) 3,892 MILES ASKING 1995 (with 100 off for being with USAA)THIS IS 2013
    3) 15,915 miles asking 19888 (with 250 off for being with USAA)

There’s even an XLE w/7k asking 22000 (with 100 off for being with USAA)

So I’m already approved with 17500. I wanted to be sure that if I go in starting at 15000 I’m not outrageous or selling my negotiating power short.

All inputs are welcomed. Oh, In central MD .
    Obviously, this is the best deal:

3,892 MILES ASKING 1995 (with 100 off for being with USAA)THIS IS 2013

How else can you get a decent car for under $2,000?
  • tendencytendency Member Posts: 4
    hi all - we're currently shopping for a camry LE in the SF bay area and would like to know what others out-the-door price for a 2013 model was. thanks for help!

-m
  • terryt6terryt6 Member Posts: 9
    I was trying to buy another Camry. But I noticed all the local dealers are not very easy to talk to. I then tried IL dealers. It seems I will never get $19000 for LE. For LE, the lowest quote I got is $19,800. For XLE, the lowest I got is $21,800
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    Toyota has begun using synthetic, 0W-20 starting with 2012 model on forth. So if you are a grease-monkey type of guy, then it is difficult to find it in automotive store; it is also more expensive. :mad: Now if you bring your car in for 5k service, service advisor will send you home without oil change. From my experience, I would change it at 6k or 7k then bring to dealership when your car due 10k service (i notice a slight decrease in gas mileage using conventional oil).

Just some food for thought before any of you considering on purchasing a new camry.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    edited June 2013
    Well, they really started 0w20 with the 2010 model Camry. Not that difficult to find - you can get it at Walmart. True, more expensive, as it is synthetic, but you definitely can go 10k or 1 year between changes. And most (all) manufacturers are doing the same thing.
  • mog555mog555 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys,

I am from Phoenix, AZ. I am in the market for a new camry se 4cyl. Below is the price..

MSRP - $24,860.00
    Sale Price - $21,552.00
    OTD Price - $24,046.92

Is this a good deal?
    I would try to shoot for $20,000 or below.
    MSRP $30430
    Price: $27359 before $1000 rebate and tax/title/docs
    Came with convenience/leather/navigation packages/blind spot monitor/cargo net/bumper applique/mats
    Not the best price -- not the worst-- and not a particular popular color combo to find on a lot (cypress green/ivory). I really wanted that color combo in a 4 cylinder and with the blind spot monitor.
  • gnartgnart Member Posts: 36
    Good price... Which state?
    Ohio... Toledo.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    It is worth noting that the $1000 rebate may not be in all parts of the country. Toyota has I think 6 regions, and each region has their own set of rebates. You can see this by going to Toyota's website and putting in your zip code, and then try other zip codes. If you are close to the border of a different region, going to a dealer in that region may be better or worse as far as rebates than your "hometown" dealer.
    With the $1000 rebate, you are forced into 2.9% financing
  • rks13rks13 Member Posts: 2
    In the market for family size sedan. Went to Toyota showroom yesterday, need to know whether is this a good deal?

MSRP: $25458
    Offered (before TTL): $21000 (dealer agreed to do < 1.9% as my bank can do 1.9% on loans)

I was asking for $20500. So had to walk away.
  • vamarcvamarc Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Hi MOG

I live in Richmond, Va and just bought a 2013 Camry XLE fully loaded, and didn't trade, and the sticker was 30,173.......I ended up paying $25000 for the car. It was a great deal, but I had done my research online with other dealers that had posted their internet price, and used that to my advantage, when negotiating with my local dealer. Also, I received 0% financing for 60 months.
    Anything under $5,000 off is not a good deal. Many dealers are offering $5,000 off right now.
  • vamarcvamarc Member Posts: 4
    I think proportionally to the price I paid on a $30000 sticker, it is a great deal!!
  • daedalus7daedalus7 Member Posts: 3
    You can do better than that, mog555 - I just bought a 2013 Camry SE yesterday. MSRP was just over $25,000 and I paid $22,600 OTD. I'm in the same area of the country as you are, too.
  • maudlin2001maudlin2001 Member Posts: 37
    That includes Sales tax +reg etc.?
    I am looking to Lease a 2013 Camry Hybrid LE or 2013 Camry SE.
    Can anyone provide any offers they have seen recently in Florida/ South east on 12K/yr-36Mo?
    Do Hybrid Leases go more expensive or no difference?

For the SE, I have a deal for $249+tax/mo+registration (only what govt charges) , with zero down, $350 disposition fee. (MSRP 26216 with options, Residual is 63%of MSRP)

For the second Car I am going to Lease a 2013 Sienna LE, they are offering $299+Tax+reg(only govt charge) with zero down. (MSRP 32646, Residual is 63% of MSRP)

Also any recommendation if the Excess Wear and Tear package offered for 595+tax is worth?

Looking to close tomorrow, any help with this will be appreciated.
    Yeah, $22,600 is the true OTD price I paid, including all taxes, title, and other fees.
  • rampramp Member Posts: 11
    $22,600 OTD with 0% financing ?

Thanks,
    Ram
    Well, I paid cash, but they were trying to get me to finance and yes, they offered me 0% financing (no change in price)
  • rampramp Member Posts: 11
    Thank you, Can you please share the dealer name and contact info..thx.
    I am looking to Lease a 2013 Camry Hybrid LE (Ford Fusion Hybrid other option) plus a Toyota Sienna LE lease

Can anyone provide any offers they have seen recently in Florida/ South east on 12K/yr-36Mo?
    The dealer is adamant they cant offer same price on lease as sale. How much should I let go extra compared to what cash sale prices are when calculating lease payment.

MF is 0.00045 and residual is 63%

Also any recommendation if the Excess Wear and Tear package offered for 595+tax is worth?
  • rks13rks13 Member Posts: 2
    Finally got the Camry SE for $20499. Little bummed that I had to finance on my own though.
  • camryse2013camryse2013 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Bought a Camry SE for 19950. MSRP of the car was 24860. I paid 21700 OTD. Probably about 250$ more, but still is a nice deal i think.
  • camryinctcamryinct Member Posts: 1
    Just moved to CT and looking to buy a Camry Hybrid LE (w addl backup camera) - dealer through Toyota offered 2k under MSRP which seems high reading all the posts here. Any suggestions on a dealership which is more reasonable and good to work with? Thanks!
  • koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    I saw that Hanlees Toyota Richmond, CA was advertising Camry SE's for $17999. 3 of them at this price. I have not seen any advertised pricing this low.
    Wow that's a great deal.. Which dealer was it?
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Zero percent financing is free money, with no price impact. Why not take the financing and put the money in a bank account which would earn some interest and set up automatic payments?
  • jackturnerjackturner Member Posts: 1
    Thank you to everyone that has posted recently. I just got this lease deal and would love to know if I did alright in my negotiating. I also used truecar.com but didn't realize the $1750 incentive was for purchasing only.
    Camry SE v6 2013 in Georgia
    The V6 comes with NAV/Entune, leather trim
    Other options: Convenience Package, Sunroof

MSRP: $30,329.00
    Negotiated: $25,400.00
    Doc Fee $699.00
    Title etc $41.00
    Acq fee $695.00
    Loyalty cash $500.00
    Total $26,335.00
    Residual (they said 61% on V6) $18,500.69
    Money Factor (they said that was tier 1) 0.00075
    Tax rate 6.5%
    tax paid total $1,709.11
    tax paid monthly /36 $47.48
    Depreciation portion $217.62
    Finance Portion $33.63
    Monthly $298.72
    12k year 35 mo. 0 down

Thoughts? I went between a few dealers and really wanted the v6 after driving a Prius for 3 years... The v6 certainly does move. I'm hoping I made a good enough deal to make up for the extra payment in gas I will have.
  • erudite007erudite007 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I was in the market for a base, barebone 2013 Camry LE with no factory additions in the Atlanta area.

I started negotiations at the TrueCar pricing of $18,350 + dealer fees + Tax + Title/Registration.

I never went to any dealership and only negotiated via email or phone (sign up for google voice and get a disposable number forwarded to your real phone).

I had one offer from a dealer for $17,900 + fees + TTR = $20,100 out the door.

Another offer was for $20,000 out-the-door but this was for a car that was not on his lot and would be a dealer trade.

Note that the prices above were for a LE without power seats or carpet mats.

I ended up buying a 2013 Camry LE with driver power seat and carpet mats (MSRP $24,279) for $18,500 + dealer fees + tax + title/registration = $20,550 out-the-door.

Again, I used TrueCar pricing as a negotiation tool and if you use TrueCar in conjunction with PenFed, I got a discounted loan rate of 0.74% APR.

Tips for everyone doing car shopping:

- Do not go into the dealership for price negotiations
    - Negotiate via e-mail primarily and ask for written quotes via e-mail (they might be hesitant at first to send you something in writing, but insist that you will not come in until you will get an email quote with VIN, MSRP, etc).
    - Compare MSRPs and ask the dealers to compete against each other
    - You have no idea how many times I've heard "AT THAT PRICE WE WOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS" nonsense from these dealers (stealers).
    - Get financing setup ahead of time and PenFed/TrueCar has an amazing rate of 0.74% right now
    - Even though I got a good deal at $20,550 out the door, I'm certain that the dealership made atleast $1k on the car, if not more.