Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jeffrey1sunjeffrey1sun Member Posts: 1
    My parents purchased a 2003 camry le w/auto, pwr seats, cd, ac etc., for 16994 at Toyota Town in Stockton. Good luck
  • luckymyraluckymyra Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Everyone!

I sure could use your help!

I've been getting price quotes from the internet departments, but I've noticed there is also a fleet department? What is the difference between the two? Is it better to buy from the fleet manager or from the internet salespeople/managers?
    Will I save more from the fleet manager? Does the fleet department handle trade-ins?

I'm looking for a 2003 SE Camry automatic 4-cyl. with options: ABS & carpeted mats. What is a great price? Am I supposed to start below invoice? How much below? What do you think of using a car broker? How much is the car broker's fee?

Here are the prices I have been quoted from the internet departments of the Southern California area:

1. MSRP: $22,578.00
    Invoice: $20,266.00

2. MSRP: $23,227.00
    Invoice: $20,874.00

3. MSRP: $23,149.00
    Invoice: $20,888.00

4. MSRP: $24,810.00
    Invoice: $21,855.00

5. MSRP: $23,637.00
    Invoice: $21,497.00

+ 595 (LoJack) + 1295(7-yr)

I keep feeling that I can do better? It's my first car buy, so I want to be 100% sure I got a great deal.

I'm hoping for some kind of rebate in the month of December. After 12/02/2002 there should be new specials??? I also read that the end of December is the best time to buy because of the Christmas holidays?

Is LoJack a good way to go? Should I opt for an alarm system as well, or both? Has anyone gotten the GPS system? What are the costs for the satellite tracking system? Is gap insurance a good idea?

Sorry for such a long post! My final question is: what is the difference in insurance rates between the LE, SE, and XLE trim models?
    I'm hoping I can afford the insurance rates on the sports model (SE). What have your experiences been with new car insurance rates?

Thanks so much!

Myra
  • bperiyasambperiyasam Member Posts: 2
    So far, I've been able to talk down dealers to a price of 21,300 which includes the alloy wheels and mats which don't come factory but are not dealer add-ons. Was wondering if anybody has gotten a better price - especially around the Las Vegas area. Thanks
  • tiger_at_largetiger_at_large Member Posts: 1
    I am a serious buyer...but no idea about the price i should offer to the dealer....there is way too much difference, very confused....anybody just bought the car can share the final price here?..Post #102 may be true...but that's the only one used for the adertisement...thanks a lot
  • mux41mux41 Member Posts: 1
    With Spoiler, mud guard, alloy wheel, jbl premium audio with 8 speakers, floor mats and cargo mats etc..
    I am in Northern California. Bay Area.
  • ziondazionda Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2003 Camry LE 4cyl. automatic with abs, power driver's seat, 8 speaker jbl stereo and carpet cargo mat set in the northeast. Price includes title, tax, plates and dealer fees. I pick it up tomorrow. Yipee!
  • skymskym Member Posts: 11
    Can anybody tell me what they paid for a 2003 XLE V6 with: automatic, leather, side + curtain airbags, sunroof, heated seats. And what was the invoice price? I have only been able to find an invoice price of the XLE V6, but the options listed above are priced at MSRP.
  • 03honda03honda Member Posts: 96
    What dealer was that at?
  • willbuyatoyotawillbuyatoyota Member Posts: 1
    XLE V6 in phantom gray. MSRP on this vehicle is $28,190 and the internet price would be $25,167 (plus applicable taxes and fees).
    The equipment on the vehicle is
    leather seats
    dual power seats
    power moon roof
    carpet floor mats.
    The standard equipment on the vehicle includes
    -6 disk in dash cd changer,
    -automatic climate control,
    -rear sun shade,
    -rear air vents,
    -16 inch alloy wheels and many other features.
  • bperiyasambperiyasam Member Posts: 2
    Got a new 2003 Camry XLE with 16" aluminum alloy wheels and of course the wonderful floor mats for 21,500 plus tax, title and doc fees. Also got 0% financing which was amazing.
  • robc31robc31 Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased an XLE 4 Cyl. in stratosphere mica.

Options are as follows:

- air deflector;

- carpeted floor mats;

- side impact air bags;

- heated seats;

- package #8 (dual power seats, leather, alloys and sunroof).

OTD price of $24,685.26.

• corejava2002corejava2002 Member Posts: 1
    >#112 of 117 2003 Camry LE for $20,281 by >zionda Dec 20, 2002 (11:36 am)
    >Just bought a 2003 Camry LE 4cyl. automatic >with abs, power driver's seat, 8 speaker jbl >stereo and carpet cargo mat set in the >northeast. Price includes title, tax, plates >and dealer fees. I pick it up tomorrow. Yipee!

Zionda, Please Which dealership? I need to get a Camry just like that.
  • punjnmpunjnm Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a 2003 Camry LE - Two questions
    1) They are offering extended warranty at $1000 for 7-years and 100K miles (bumper to bumper) - should I buy?
    2) They are offering Lojak with alarm, interior and exterior coating, and underside treatment for rust proofing for $1467. Is it worth it ?
  • manamalmanamal Member Posts: 426
    item 1: if it is the toyota platinum warrentee,
    it is a reasonable price

item 2: my opninion, no.
  • ijhcarijhcar Member Posts: 1
    Is the Dealer's Business License Tax a legitimate fee to charge a customer? I am in the Wash D.C. area and the car tax is 3% but they are charging 0.2 % for the license tax? What do you guys think?
  • punjnmpunjnm Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a Camry LE with automatic transmission, ABS, side airbags, JBL Audio with 8 speakers 1-CD player with cassette, key less entry, power driver side seat, and mats at a price of $19,923 (not including tax and tags). I did as much looking around as I could including the web and carmax. I could not find a better price in my local Maryland area. Whether I could have done better or not is not clear. However, I wanted to post this so that other people know what they can try to beat !! Good Luck --
  • xman1035xman1035 Member Posts: 52
    I have used www.carbargains.com to do all the legwork for me in buying/or leasing a new car. They do charge a fee for their service and will e-mail or mail you a report of the prices from five or more competing car dealers in your area. Check them out and it's the easiest way to buy/lease a car.
  • mrsacks1mrsacks1 Member Posts: 11
    Paid $21,600. Price includes Side curtin air bags, aluminum wheels, and Z1 accessory package (carpet mats, glass breakage sensor, 1st aid kit) in Phantom Gray Pearl. Price also includes destination and "ad fees". Dealer is on Long Island, NY. No trade-in, no financing. Does not include tax, license/registration.
  • astorey1astorey1 Member Posts: 41
    in catalina blue. It's a automatic with floor mats and trunk mat. It also came with the ToyoGuard which was $699 - final price w/ everything included was $19,150.00. We got 3.9% with a $500 rebate. How did I do?
  • sautansautan Member Posts: 1
    Well, i paid $24,500 out the door for 2003 Camry SE in Los Angeles with extended 7yrs warranty and 15 Free schedule maintainace service (all oil changed & oil filter FREE) except for other parts such as brake pads, timing belts, shocks & suspension that i will need to pay if required to replace, NO LABOR COST. Options i got is premium 3 in 1 Stereo system with 8 speakers, Power driver seat, dual tone sport cloth seat, 5 alloy wheels, ABS(should be standard), EBD(should be standard), Keyless entry security system(should be standard), Fog Lamp, Chrome Exhaust, and what else??? I think is a reasonable deal but not the best...what you all think??? 2003 Accord EX with Navigation for $25,875 OTD(my friend paid) with almost all options except leather... Better deal?
  • kragilankragilan Member Posts: 6
    I am shopping for a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE. I am living in San Francisco Bay Area. Could any one please give me your newly purchased specs, price, dealer's name and the sale person's name?

Thanks.
  • talggtalgg Member Posts: 10
    I live in the NY area and I got a quote of $23,549 ($25,835 with Tax, Title, and NY tax of 8.25%) for a 2003 Camry XLE 2.4L V4 with the Premium Plus option package. The options include 1. Alloy Wheels, 2. Leather Seats, 3. Driver and Passenger Heated Seats, 4. Premium JBL Radio w/ 6 Disc Changer, 5. Moonroof, 6.Driver and Passenger side/curtain Airbags, 7. Carpet floor/trunk mats.

Can i get some opinions as to whether this is a good price or should i be looking elsewhere for a better price?

Thanks
  • zmszms Member Posts: 4
    Hi:

I might buy a Camry 2003 LE Auto (ABS, Power Seat)
    in Maryland for $18700 + tax + tags. I live in Virginia. Can I ask dealer to charge me VA tax, also is there a list of things to check just before you take delivery of the Camry LE.
    Thanks in advance
  • carrelman2carrelman2 Member Posts: 80
    Purchased Xle-V6 MSRP $29,718 added Mud Guards and all weather mats. Paid $27,200 plus sales tax and plates. Great deal I believe.Am on Long Island in New York State. People in the Southeast region have to put up with that stupid $699 extra cost package that does nothing but give you one free oil change. What a rip-off.
  • bombayitebombayite Member Posts: 13
    I paid $22,600 plus tax, title for 2003 camry xle w/leather, side airbags, fog lights, 16'' alloy wheel (and locks), power front driver/pass. seats, heated front seats, power moonroof and 6 disc cd changer (JBL brand). Got it in central NJ, great dealership and salesperson. 1.9% financ. for 3 years ain't bad either. Try beating this deal!! Absolutely love the car so far.
  • confuseddesiconfuseddesi Member Posts: 23
    I have a quote on 2003 Camry XLE 4 cyl with Side air bags, Premium Plus Package and Heated Seats options.Out the door price was 22,757 incl tax,title,destn chrg. Is this good? APR offerred was 3.9% for 60 months
  • zmszms Member Posts: 4
    Last week i bought 2003 LE (ABS, Floor Mats, Cargo Net, KeyLess Entry, Power Seats) for
    $19200(inluding everything) , plus I got 0% APR for 24 months, is it a good deal.
    I bought car in MD, but transferred registration to VA, am I covered under VA or MD lemon law ?
    I live in the NY area and I am looking for the exact car that you bought!! Could you please tell me which dealership and salesman you used to get the car from? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
  • airman72airman72 Member Posts: 19
    I posted a response to your same question in another thread. Is it an automatic or manual? That makes a difference.
  • mrsacks1mrsacks1 Member Posts: 11
    Since this discussion thread is read country-wide (and in Canada) where tax, license/tag $ vary greatly can we please:
    Post the model (i.e.XLE 4 Cyl; LE 6 Cyl, etc.);
    The options (i.e. Side airbags, carpets, moon roof, alloys,etc.);
    Auto or manual;
    If there was a trade-in in the deal;
    Financing (rate/years);
    Finally the price paid/quoted WITHOUT tax and local registration/license, etc. fees.
    The OTD (out the door) price which varies due to taxes/fees, etc. makes it difficult to gauge what really is a good deal. I think this would help greatly. Thanks...KS
    Does anyone know where Bombayite bought his car???
  • lovetosavegaslovetosavegas Member Posts: 73
    Camry sales are down;)
  • coachp4coachp4 Member Posts: 2
    I paid 20,707 ($200 over invoice)on a new SE yesterday. JBL upgrade, alloys, ABS, floor & trunk mats. MSRP was 22,809. Looking forward to this car!
  • ismolyanismolyan Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have a good dealer. I am looking for XLE V6 in NY / NJ. Bombayite's deal sounded great (even though his is 4 Cyl). How accurate is Edmund's TMV?
    I wish he would respond as to where he got his car from!!!! I want that exact car and he got a great price!!!
    I got it from DCH Brunswick Toyota on Route 1. I really had to haggle in order to get this great price but from the response I think everyone agrees that it was worth my effort. Good luck to guys out there, and let me know how you did. Although I don't think financing promo. is still on, it was a December special.
    There was no trade-in, the car has automatic steering and if I remember correctly the OTD price was between $23,500 to $24K. I believe everyone's questions have been answered.
  • donaldmccauleydonaldmccauley Member Posts: 1
    I've been getting several price quotes from dealers in the Chicago & Wisconsin area for "invoice." Based on other models in other board discussions, is it possible to buy a 2003 Camry a few hundred dollars under price? I've been to 2 dealerships and have 3 others trying to sell me via e-mail. Should I ask everyone involved to give me their best price under invoice? Or is this insulting? ---a first time new car buyer.
  • donnyrosedonnyrose Member Posts: 11
    I paid 19,001 for a 2003 Camry with: ABS, PowerSeat, JBL Upgraded Radio, Side & Curtain air bags, cargo net, and trunk and floor mats.

The invoice on the car is: 19,651.

I took the special financing of 3.9% for 60 months and was able to apply the $400 graduate rebate.

I added the R3200 alarm for 470, which was on the high side.

Happy shopping!
    donnyrose needs to be more specific about the car, whether it was automatic or manual. BTW, the invoice on my car was $23,500 and was able to get the car for $22,600 (900 under invoice). in your case you got it for $650 bargain which really comes to $250 since you got $400 graduate rebate.
    pepole should stop saying they got the car with trunk and floor mats. any dealer selling the car without such basic material would be a cheap (or cheat whatever you prefer)!!
  • steveb84steveb84 Member Posts: 187
    are not standard equipment on the Camry. Some dealers will stock one car without them to use as a price leader, so it is appropriate that people mention that they were included in the price.

Steve
    i would still stick to my opinion that these are relatively inexpensive items and a dealer offering a car without these would have to be desperate. i won't even bother talking to such a guy but to each his own.
    bombayite: To clarify further:

This what I purchased:

2003 Camry LE 4 cyl
    Automatic
    ABS
    Side & Curtain Air Bags
    Cargo Net, Floor/Trunk Mat
    Power Seat
    JBL Radio Upgrade

Invoice: 19,651

Price: 19,001
    R3200 Added: 470

Total: 19,471

I financed the total purchase price, 19,471 for 60 months at 3.9%. The $400 rebate was applied to the 19,471 purchase price.

I bought the car in the Baltimore/Washington area.

Hope that clarifies!
    Thanks for updating and hope you'll love the car as long as you keep it.
    please explain about R3200 (what it is and how it works). btw, i got lifetime warranty and had LoJack system installed for $600 (incl. tax). LoJack seems to me is an excellent anti-theft device which turns on automatically as soon as you exit out the car (within 30 seconds). If car is stolen you call 911 and give your VIN #, then the cops can trace the car via lojack signal.
    The RS3200 (sorry, I left out the 'S' by mistake earlier) is Toyota's ordinary car alarm. It activates with the same keyless remote that locks and unlocks the car's doors. Its primary function is to make noise when the car has been broken into. Toyota is confident enough with it as an anti-theft device that it comes with a 1-year warranty that if the car should be stolen, Toyota will refund you your insurance deductable. Frankly, I thought that was sort of odd -- if it is such a great alarm, why not provide that guarantee for 5 or 10 years?

I never really considered LoJax, though like you I live in NY. Does a LoJax installation affect Toyota's warranty?
  • rfw53rfw53 Member Posts: 2
    bombayite Jan 21, 2003 4:21pm

Bombayite,
    Did you try you deal at Dayton Toyota on Rt 130 South? I've been looking around the same area where you bought your XLE and they seem to carry quite a big inventory. Wouldn't Dayton deal with you? Also, what made you pick Camry? Are you a former Toyota owner? I'm still debating Camry vs Accord.
    yes, i'm a corolla owner and most of my friends recommended camry over accord. as far as dayton toyota goes, i did go there but the salesman there was very aggressive bordering on being rude. i left their dealership without making a deal and am very happy about it because at that time i was going to buy LE and did not know much about XLE. The XLE model (i got 4 cyl.) is truly worth every dollar spent and the car i bought is loaded with every camry feature you can think of for that category.