Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bombayitebombayite Member Posts: 13
    My car already came with the RS3200 system that you got and I did not pay a dime extra for it. The reason I also got Lojack is that I was told professional car thieves can break into a car with RS3200 system. Lojack can install its device which is as big (or small) as a pack of playing cards in 32 different locations within your car and the thief may not know that car has lojack because there is no sign whereas the security system (3200) has a blinking light on dashboard. Anyway it just gives me extra peace of mind since Camry has been one of the top two stolen vehicles for a while now.
  • talggtalgg Member Posts: 10
    How could i go about getting email addresses for a number of Toyota dealerships in my area (Bronx, ny) so i could get quotes for the camry i am looking to buy?
    Not all dealerships have an internet dept. I went to 2 dealerships via internet and found that they were not willing to bargain at all from their quotes via e-mail. Although they offered good price I felt there was room for some bargaining and salesperson was annoyed that I wanted to do that. Just my 2 cents that it would be best to negotiate upfront (in person)if you want the best price. If you're willing to spend few hundred $$ extra and don't want to go through hassle of exchanging Best Offer then probably internet quotes are best.
  • xman1035xman1035 Member Posts: 52
    I bought a Salsa Red 2003 LE Camry with option package #1(keyless entry and power driver seat)and carpet floor/cargo mat set with a MSRP of $20469 and paid $17,300 before tax and license and other fees. I also obtained 3.9% financing for 60 months from Toyota. I worked the deal via the Internet and phone and had the car delivered to my home free of charge. I live in the Southern California area.
    You mentioned the dealership that you got the car at, can you tell me please the name of the salesman that gave you that price?

Thanks a lot!
    Sorry I can't give out salesperson name since its against edmunds policy. I wouldn't give the name in any case because that would put him under pressure. Please work with info. already given and negotiate well. Good Luck!!
  • ctlctl Member Posts: 129
    Hi Xavier, can you tell me which dealer you get your deal from? thanks!
  • rfw53rfw53 Member Posts: 2
    bombayite Jan 21, 2003 4:21pm

Bombayite - Did you get the side impact bags with your XLE?
  • ejzmdejzmd Member Posts: 1
    I am a first time buyer and I recently purchased a used 2002 camry with clean title,not-cert, 13,200 miles,w/keyless entry for $15,600. Does that sound like a fair price? Edmunds says less but most dealers start at 17-18K.

What does the forum think?

Looking forward to all your opinions,
    EMD
    CTL, I purchased my Camry at Longo Toyota and if you want details just e-mail me. I have found that Longo Toyota is one of the most competitive dealers in the Southern California area. You can check out their vehicle inventory online at www.longotoyota.com.
    I read an interesting article on the Internet about the Camry and why it is the best family sedan in America. Even a Ford executive admitted that the Camry is a superior product. Check out the article link below.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2003/02/12/154954.html?NEWS
    On Sunday I went to dealership in NY, Long Island and got a quote for a 2003 Camry XLE v4 with all options, leather, moon roof, heated seats, alloy wheels, etc... the premium plus package. the quote was for $22,000 before tax, title and registration. The dealer also agreed to cut in half the delivery fee of $349 to only $174.5. PLUS, they are paying my last payment on my 2000 Nissan altima lease that is up next month!!!! So, in all I will be paying $21,949 (which includes all fees except taxes) for the car. I think I got a great deal, any options????
  • stnickstnick Member Posts: 177
    Thats better than any price I have gotten in a 100 mile radius from 5 dealers on the same car. None of these guys have a delivery fee. One had a 189.00 DOC fee, 2 had a 49.00 Doc fee and 2 had no extra fees. My best price quoted on that model, list price $25,809.00 has been 100.00 under invoice, 22,950.00. That included the advertising charge from Toyota on the invoice, which I did see. All the others were hundreds higher here in the midwest. So I would say you got a great deal. Nick.
  • jkidjkid Member Posts: 2
    Is 18,300 a good price for a 2003 LE 4 Cyl Automatic with ABS and Floor mats (not including tax, doc and license)?
  • rosecityrosecity Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a new Camry last night, the specs are below, if anyone let me know if I got a fair price or not I would appreciated.

2003 Camry LE V6
    Phantom Gray & Taupe
    CF - 4-Piece Front And Rear Carpeted Floor Mats
    DJ - JBL Premium AM-FM Stereo With Cassette And CD
    KZ - Beveled 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels
    V5 - VIP RS3200 Plus Security System

Sticker price: $25K
    Paid: $20,800 + DMV fees ($113)
    Trade In: $14,800 (KBB quoted $13100)
    Cash difference paid: $6K
    How does the phantom gray look with the taupe interior? did you prefer that to the stone interior? I am trying to make that decision myself, whether to get stone or tauped interior with the phantom gray exterior!
  • airman72airman72 Member Posts: 19
    That sounds right around the invoice. It is not a bad deal, depending on where you live...
    Yes, it does have side-impact airbags.
  • spenserqhspenserqh Member Posts: 1
    Hello - I'm posting a message that I have also posted as a topic - I'm new to this board so I hope this is OK.

HELP! I am shopping for a new car and would like to know if I am being offered a reasonable deal. (While I would love a "great" deal, all I really want is an equitable/fair deal.)

2003 Camry XLE V6 w/leather (basically the performance plus package I believe) for around $24,500 including tax, title, and trade. I'm in Northeast Florida. The car is my second color choice.

What do you think about this pricing? All feedback appreciated - thanks in advance!
  • ficklefickle Member Posts: 98
    I haven't been out pricing and checking but I bought my 2002 SE V6 in Sept. 01 for about the same price. I only have the power driver's seat--no leather, etc. Tax here in Hawaii is 4.16%.
  • kenbbkenbb Member Posts: 38
    Had local dealer call today . Said had financing percents dropped to 0 for 36 months, 1.9 for 48, and 2.9 for 60 on Camry's. Any one know any thing about this. Just started today I believe.
  • steveb84steveb84 Member Posts: 187
    What kenbb listed above is correct for the Chicago Region.

Steve
  • lunarmistlunarmist Member Posts: 41
    I've been able to get a price of $18000 for a base model 2003 Camry LE with auto tranny:

Sticker: 19800+ 485 = $20285

The 18000 is 17711 + 289 (conveyence fee )

Should I take advantage of this price in Western Massachusetts ? I see that Toyota has increased the Marketing Support to $800 from $550.
  • ctaylor4ctaylor4 Member Posts: 9
    i got mine used...2002 LE...basic things..but it has ABS.

about 10k miles...certified and the dealer added the toyota bumper to bumper extended warranty to that..so its covered until 2008. They also buffed out the only two scratches I could find on it..then put new tires on it because it was pulling to the left

cost = $16,200 and toyota had a 3.9% rate for up to 60 months on certified cars so I used that for some of the amount.

luna..i think 18k sounds like a good price for that car!
  • jtbruinjtbruin Member Posts: 40
    Is 16,800 + tax and licence a good price for a camry LE auto with nothing. let me know thanks? It seems with the $1000 discount prices are dropping?
    Does the dealer get the discount even if you finance through Toyota? Or is it only if you don't finance through them? I would like to know so I have a better idea of how low they can really go in price. Any one know the answer to this I would really appreciate it.
  • lunarmistlunarmist Member Posts: 41
    WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY ARE IN jtbruin? WHAT WAS THE STICKER PRICE?
  • ctaylor4ctaylor4 Member Posts: 9
    well seeing that a used '02 base can be listed at dealers for around 18,000...i would think that $16,800 for a new '03 is a very good deal!

Thats only $500 more then I paid for an '02 w/10,000 miles on it.

sounds weird to me though that there would be any that cheap.
  • stickershoxstickershox Member Posts: 27
    i just got a quote for above with following:

Aluminum Alloy 16"
    JBL Premium 3-in-1 Stereo system
    Rear spoiler
    moonroof
    carpeted floor mats
    ABS

for $19825 (includes dest), plus $187 for doc fees, plus $160 plates, plus 8.5% taxes.

What do you think? I am a little weary of the fees.
  • jtbruinjtbruin Member Posts: 40
    I live in SoCAL and i had to negotiate fiercly to get that price. However, the lowest apr they had was 4.9% apr for 36 months.

I was weary of this because i thought that there was 0% apr floating around? anyone know if this financing is still going on or was it just last month?
  • jcfcjcfc Member Posts: 5
    16,800 seems awefully low and excellent deal !
    How many miles was on the car or was it a demo CAMRY ? How long did it take you to get that price ?
    I just bought a Camry LE (6 miles on it) with auto, ABS, side airbags, JBL Audio with 8 speakers 1-CD player with cassette, key less entry, power driver side seat, and floor/cargo mats, cargo net, first aid kit, auto dimming back mirror w/ compass, at a price of $20,326 including destination, tax,tags...everything, i.e. out-the-door price) at the dealer in Tyson's corner.Great salesman !
  • george66george66 Member Posts: 7
    I was under the impression that all Camry were US built. A few years ago cars assembled in Japan were felt by some to be preferable to USA assembled ones.
    Any one have the definitive scoop on this?
  • steveb84steveb84 Member Posts: 187
    The vast majority of Camry's sold in the US are assembled at the Georgetown Kentucky plant. There are always some Camry's that come in from Japan. For a period this year we were getting the SE model from Japan.

Simple way to check, the VIN - if it starts with a "J" = built in Japan, starts with a "4" = built in US

I'm aware of a study several years ago that stated that Japan built versions were of higher quality, but by a very minute margin. No studies like that in recent history that I know of.

Hope that helps.

Steve
    You can tell the Camry built in Japan by looking at the front bumper cover. It has a distint square mark (2"X2") on the passenger side as well as the fog lamps section is detachable.
  • cherylm1cherylm1 Member Posts: 1
    This is my first time buying a car. Toyota is now offering 0% financing for 60 months on their Camry's. They said their invoice of a 2003 LE model (no added features) is $18,963. They will take $200 off of the invoice for my Nissan Stanza with 146,000 miles. With tax, title, etc, and a $200 trade in, they are asking $19,857 for this base model. Does anyone know much about the invoice price? Seems kind of high but they provided us a copy of it. Thanks for your help.
  • dickf1dickf1 Member Posts: 1
    Could talgg (msg # 170) or anyone else provide name of dealership where talgg purchased Camry XLE
  • masspectormasspector Member Posts: 509
    rosecity--how do you like the phantom grey with the taupe interior? i am considering that combo.

bomayite---your xle sounds very close to what I want to order. was the price you gave with a rebate or not? I am in SE and we have a $1000 rebate right now, but since I am ordering the car, I cannot count on the rebate when the car is delivered, so i am negotiating assuming no rebate.

also bomayite and talgg...did you buy cars off the dealer lot or did you order them?

thanks for all the info
    Phantom Gray Camry LE for $18,500. Auto,ABS,stereo upgrade,and floor mats. Toyota financing for 60 months at 2.9. Did the entire deal over the phone, no hassle, no pressure. Might have been able to get lower if I had actually gone to the dealer and worked a little harder but coming from out of town made it difficult. Was looking at Accords also. They stayed a little higher in price and I am a little leery of the first year model postings I have been seeing about the car. Great time to buy a new car if you can afford it. Never seen import dealers so willing to keep dropping their prices , especially on the phone! My last three cars have been Hondas. Early comparison: Doesn't handle like my old Accord but sure does ride smooth and quiet. Has plenty of power for my needs. Four cylinder engines have really improved in the six years since I last purchased a car. Radio reception is poor but C. D.'s sound great. We'll see over the years how it compares in reliability . My 97 Accord has been fantastic.
  • cmsdznrcmsdznr Member Posts: 1
    Carfax says this Solara SE 5 spd was in accident, but not a major one; private seller lied; showed me a Carfaz that said no accidents. He doesn't know I know this. Car does appear in exc. cosmetic condition. I don't know yet about the mechanical aspects of car. Of course he assures me it's excellent. He also said it came off a lease, but Carfax says private individual was original owner and, furthermore, it was recently repossessed. I imagine this guy bought it at auction. He only wants $10,700. Would this indicate to you all that (besides the fact that he's a crooked rat) the car is de facto a bad deal? Does the fact that it's a repossession possibly indicate that the price was low at aution b/c the lien holder recovered it's money? I will probably not buy this car but it will break my heart, 'cause it's a great car! Before finding all this out, I put a $200 deposit on it. I could lose $100 if I cback out. No biggie. I am absolutely new to used car buying. Can someone help me reason this out???
  • labgirllabgirl Member Posts: 13
    Title says it, basically. I'm wondering about what to expect to pay for an XLE auto 4 with air bags and nothing else in the Boston area. MSRP is 23,464. Is close to 21 doable?
  • trident3trident3 Member Posts: 2
    I recently got a camry xle. This is how it went;
    Invoice: 19840,
    DC: 485,
    Dealers profit : 500,
    Dealers Advertisement etc:400
    Trade in = -1000
    Student discount = -400
    Extended warranty 5 yr /80000,gold package no downpayment:500
    tax 6%
    net payment 21788 (Standard option)
    did i get a good deal or i should have negotiated more?
    any suggestions?
  • edmund2460edmund2460 Member Posts: 293
    My recent purchase of 03 V6 XLE (VVT-I engine 5 spd) with XLE premium package, the VSC package, the Toyo protection pkg (which I consider worthless), mud flaps and sunroof visor for a total of $26,300. Includes 300 for sales tax. Was that good? Anyone?
  • expoguideexpoguide Member Posts: 1
    Got a 2003 Automatic Camry LE base model with the z1 package (first aid kit, carpet mats etc).

Color: Phantom Gray/Stone
    MSRP: 20,746
    Invoice: $18,739
    Price paid $17,078 + tax(%5 MD) + tags (156).
    Total = $18,088 financed with Toyota at 2.9%.

Wondering if this was a good deal....
  • filodfilod Member Posts: 189
    I think it is a very good deal. Camry has been a good buy recently with the $1,000 incentive for April and very attractive interest rates last March. If they continue offering good rebates, interest or dealer incentives May, buyers will benefit. I do not have any reason to believe they will not considering the weak market in general.
  • willy662willy662 Member Posts: 4
    Paid 16,295 in LA area for Mica Blue Camry LE auto with no options. 17,600 out the door with tax and title.
  • eandyleeeandylee Member Posts: 28
    The invoice prices of Toyota on edmunds doe not include the TDA of $675(Toyota Dealer Advertising fee) that the Toyota Dealers charge you.

So when a Toyota dealer claims Invoice+X you have to add $675 to the invoice price you see on edmunds.

Toyota is the only manufacturer does that.

All other manufacturere's invoice price exactly matched between the invoice price on edmunds and the dealers tell you.
  • petrnycpetrnyc Member Posts: 47
    it seems that Toyota has succeeded in convincing YOU that their marketing campaign must be paid by the likes of YOU...
  • petrnycpetrnyc Member Posts: 47
    Who was the dealer ? Last year I saw prices around $15,998 in the same area.
  • adhavanadhavan Member Posts: 1
    Any body have any idea about the price i can pay for camry LE V6 auto with power sun/moon roof installed.

Also, what is the difference between factory installed sun/moon roof and the dealer installed one. I am getting different quotes for both of them. Is there any thing i have to look for if i opt for dealer installed one.

Any info is appreciated!!!