Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bigpig426bigpig426 Member Posts: 15
    Just want to share that I just got a 4-cyl LE auto with side airbags package (floor mats already included, not counted as an option) for $16,811 before taxes. This price takes into account the $1K rebate from Toyota. With $45 doc fee, $8.75 tires tax, $177 car registration and $1,473.12 sales tax, my out of the door price was $18,514.87.

Would appreciate anyone's input as to whether the price I got the car for was a good deal. If anybody got a better price in LA area, please let me know as well as I may be in the market for another one.
  • newsedan2005newsedan2005 Member Posts: 5
    I bought my new
    SE-V6, Lunar mist metallic from AUSTIN,TX

1.SE-premium PKG
    2.Side and curtain Air Bags

I did a special Order for this.. Took 45 Days exactly.

for 23132.00+ttl ( this includes $1000 cash rebate )
    OTD=24800

Is this s good price.

THE CAR RUNS GREAT and Very satisfied.
  • cajun49cajun49 Member Posts: 1
    Seems like a good price. CarsDirect quoted a price of $17,800. What Dealer did you use?
    Longo Toyota in El Monte. I got it through the internet dept.
  • haris2haris2 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying a Camry LE V4 Auto. I live in suburb of Chicago. Any good deals / Toyota dealer recommendation / sales person. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • gringo1gringo1 Member Posts: 72
    Go back to msg #1863 and #1866 and see if the Joliet dealer info can help you get an LE for just under $16k.
  • gringo1gringo1 Member Posts: 72
    Hi,
    Anyone out there bought an SE in Denver or Colorado Springs or Boulder?

Looking for a 4cyl automatic, and what price to pay.

Have gone back through the last few months of messages and the area here seems $1,000 higher than Chicago for SE 4cyl.

Thanks,
  • melzmelz Member Posts: 5
    Hi y'all,

I just bought my '05 Camry LE 2 days ago and my OTD was $19025.00. It came with just 5 floor mats (incldg. trunk mat) and window tint. Color is Lunar mist. This price also included the $1250.00 rebate.

Did I get a good buy, decent or got ripped off?
  • yiedyied Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,

I am currently offered a OTD price at $19.8 K on a '05 Camry SE Auto. Is that a good price? However, the car has 150 miles on it. Is that a normal mileage on a new car? The sales person told me he has to get it from SD to Simi Valley, and that's why the 150 miles. Has anyone of you ever buy a car from Toyota Towne of Simi Valley? If so how do you like your experience? I just want to hear some opinion on this. Thank you.
  • pcald29pcald29 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy the same car. and was offer 18265 before tt&l. It has the optional safety package (Vehicle Stability Control & Side Airbags) which lists for 1300. Did yours include those? Also what dealer did you use?
    No. I don't have the safety package. The only option that I received was the mats and they tinted the car for me. Price before tt&l was $17693.00 and I got from Sterling McCall Toyota at SW freeway.

Your deal seems to be better than mine. You're getting the safety package for only $572.00 over mine. Which dealer did you get your quote?
  • pcald29pcald29 Member Posts: 2
    I got an online quote from Sterling McCall
    I had an internet quote also but you have to watch out for them. Make sure when you do your deal, bring the quote with you. They tried to change my price to $19250.00 instead of 19025.00 and when I protested, they said the one that they quoted me was already sold. I threatened to walk out and that's when they relented. Good thing I checked their figures before signing the contract. They have all these tricks. And as posted somewhere here, the pressure was transferred from the sales floor to the business office aka finance to make more profit. They will try to sell you more stuff that you don't need. The saleswoman knew about the bait and switch because before I left the lot, she said, "No hard feelings." Yeah, right!
  • jess2jess2 Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a good price in LA. I'm looking for a XLE-V6. What dealer did you go to?
  • pltvupltvu Member Posts: 2
    Just bought Lunar Mist Auto LE (no side airbag, no carpet) at Northrigde, CA at their ads price 15,660 after 1K rebate ( they got 5 of them) on Friday 5/13/05. No hassle at all. Check newspaper on Friday and try to be there at their opening hour, you should get their ads price. Early bird does help.... :)
  • gregphgregph Member Posts: 3
    In Tallahassee, FL - I just bought a 2004 Camry Limited Edition with 16000 miles, Navigation system, video entertainment system (1 screen in each head rest), alloy wheels, power everything, spoiler, wood grain, 6 disc-changer (in-dash), sirius satellite radio capability, cd/tape deck, remote unlock/panic, leather-wrapped steering wheel, 4 cyl., and the other standard stuff.

Got it for $20,400 before tax/title; $22,400 OTD. I kelly blue booked it and according to that I got it for $200 cheaper than what it said.

Anyone have any opinions on what I paid for it...good or bad??? sorry if i didn't say an important key fact that one would have to know to make a judgement. the dealership has filled my head with a bunch of crap..forgive me. Thanks ahead!

-greg
    Longo Toyota in El Monte, CA. Good luck.
  • paylessin05paylessin05 Member Posts: 1
    We bought an '05 Std Camry over the weekend. I found it on the lot labelled for $14,777 (including $1,250 rebate) plus a $599 "dealer" fee (the new all combined junk fee that seems to be standard in Atlanta area). I was told it was an ad car and when I got the quote in writing the dealer did say they made a mistake and 'mislabeled the car'. The ad they were running in the paper said "$14,977, with a $1,500 rebate" (very odd math to me). As the car was clearly marked when I found it they honored the $14,777, so the out-the-door-before-taxes-price was $15,376 + tt.

This car has a manual transmission. I called and emailed different dealerships before buying the car and only 3 seemed interested in following up. None would beat this price and all said that other fees would be added on. The closest match was $16,345. No other fees were added when we closed the deal (and we would have walked if they were), so we figured we got a good deal. One dealership told me that all dealerships carry standard models to use as ad cars to get people into the dealership. So if you are looking for a deal, look for the ad cars!

By the way all four dealerships tried to up-sell us to a higher model (ie pay $2,000 or $3,000 more) to get an LE. The only difference between the standard and the LE from what I can see is the power seats, you get to choose a nicer color and you have the option to get the side curtain airbags. We decided that because we will be in the car it doesn't matter what color it is, the less gadgets, the less expensive they will be to repair later on and how often does one really have an accident that generates enough force in the right direction to deploy side airbags? We would rather put the $3,000 we saved into investments.

As all were pushing the LE really hard I think there must be an extra dealer incentive involved in selling this model in this area.

The dealership itself was high pressure, high BS, nasty management and of course they tried to rip us off as much as possible on the trade-in. Advice to anyone trying to trade in a car - go to CarMax and get a trade-in quote. The offer was raised $4,500 (to match less the tax savings) once they saw the quote. It saved us a ton of time and lots of $$$. Of course they tried to sell us all sorts of add-on things, but we didn't go for it.

Now that the dealership experience is behind us - the car is great and we are glad we got this car.
  • dawizarddawizard Member Posts: 13
    Hello all

I've been in the market looking around and after reading the recent messages about other people's purchases I am quite suprised. Howcome there are 1000$ off and I only found a 700$ off from toyota.com ? I am getting the following quotes right now, could you tell me if its a good deal or am I just being fooled...it's my first car purchase and I haven't had much experience with the pricing

New 2005 Camry LE, Automatic V4 + Moonroof+ Heated Leather Seats
    Quote 1 : $21,195 + taxes
    Quote 2 : $20,800 + taxes
    Quote 3 : $19690 + taxes

The lowest quote I am getting from an out of state dealer in MI but I keep getting told by the other dealers that this dealer is pricing it too low and there'll be a catch once I get there....Any advice on how much I should ask for is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks very much
    Rob :confuse:
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    Toyota rebates are different for different parts of the country.

What dealer in Michigan gave you the lowest price?
  • andy_arandy_ar Member Posts: 1
    I need to buy a new Toyota Camry LE, V-4 and i'm really a naive in the
    subject.

The best i can get right now is $19000 (after all the rebates and
    discounts) OTD with private financing from Toyota Universe on route 46 in
    little falls. I also want to add side air bags to the car and that would
    be on top of $19000.

Could someone please suggest me what price range i should look at in NJ
    and maybe if someone got a car recently, i can use the same dealership.
    I will really really appreciate the responses.

Thanks
    Andy
  • dawizarddawizard Member Posts: 13
    Suburban Toyota, Troy
  • motownusamotownusa Member Posts: 836
    I personally think 19K is an ok price. I am from Northeastern NC and a friend of my father got his 05 Camry LE for $18,400 OTD. But prices do vary from region. Try to drive a hard bargain and see if you can get the dealer to lower the price by another 500 or so dollars. Good Luck and keep us posted as to what you decide.
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    andy_ar,
    check my post from 2 -3 weeks back for prices in NJ. I dont know what discounts you are eligible for (ie graduate rebate etc).
    Camry LE with 750 rebate should be around 17.5 K in NJ...
  • jess4jess4 Member Posts: 2
    I saved $30/mo on a new lease for an XLE V6. Best price locally was $287. Thanks to this forum I found a dealer in Oxnard, Toyota of Oxnard, internet department quoted $255. See you all in 36 months!
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    How much $ did you have to put down for that lease rate? And what is the buyout cost at the end of 36 months? And what is the % rate?
    Thanks.

The Sandman :)
  • litterboxlitterbox Member Posts: 5
    Autofair in Manchester 2005 LE with the JBL 3 in system 17744 (and mats)

Decent?
  • raja122raja122 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the market for a new 2005 Camry LE with vsc and side air bags. I live in Kansas City. Are there any good deals here for this car in the Kansas City area? Whats the best price anybody has gotten lately for the LE?
    Thanks in advance.
  • jess4jess4 Member Posts: 2
    Total Cap. cost $23101, 2000 dn., 14310 res. val., and $254/mo. with exc. credit. Don't know int. factor. However, my suggestion is to deal with a sales manger or fleet manager. :)
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    Good luck in finding an LE with VSC and the I4 engine. Now if you want the V6 then it will be easy to find.
  • webb_vbbwebb_vbb Member Posts: 7
    I got mine from Boston @ 16899 - with the DJ Package.
  • CarDealCarDeal Member Posts: 2
    I have scheduled for a test drive today at Autofair. Their website list 17,660 as the price. Hi webb_vbb, where did you get your Camry LE from ? 16,899 sounds real cheap in the New England area. How much does the DJ package cost ?
    Thanks a lot
  • asi12asi12 Member Posts: 46
    I bought XLE -I4, automatic, moon roof, alloy wheels, side and curtain airbags in mineral green color in Lexigton, KY for $21525 one month ago.

I am from TN and closet I got from my TN dealer was 22500 + 250 processing fees and this dealer was also 60 miles away from my home town dealer.

Interestingly KY dealer did not charge me processing fees and they even sent me $ 50 check in mail which I don't know for what is that for?

It was very difficult for me to find minearl green color esp. with the above mentioned combination.

At that time there was 700$ toyota rebate and 1000 $ coupon. I don't who provided that coupon toyota or dealer because most of the dealers in TN and KY were offering that $ 1000 coupon.
  • camrypopcamrypop Member Posts: 43
    thinking of getting leather seats on an LE--this is a dealer option. Any reasons not to take dealer installation? should i go w/ an SE or XLE just for the manufacturer installed leather? thanks.
    getting a quote of $18650 + TTL on a new '05 LE AT w/ side,curtain airbags. is this a competitve price? should I wait a cple more mnths for the 06's to come out in order to get a better price on the 05's?
  • sumelsumel Member Posts: 1
    I bought an 05 Camry LE today(Model: 2532C). I would really appreciate comments on the deal I got from the Toyota enthusiasts.

Vehicle: 05 Camry 4 Door LE Sedan
    5 Speed ECT-i Automatic (Does this come standard on LE's?)
    Color: Mineral Green Opal
    Distributor Installed Options:
    1)Color Keyed Door Edge Guards
    2)Cargo Net
    3)The Extra Mile Option Package D--Fabric Guard
    --Custom Tape Stripe
    --First Aid Kit
    --Extra Mile Aluminum Wheel Upgrade
    --Carpet Mat Set (5 Pc)
    --Security System Upgrade
    --Carpet Floor Mats
    --Rear Trunk Mat
    --Road Hazard Tire Warranty
    --(3 Years/36,000 Miles) - No Charge
    --No Charge Extra Mile Benefits:
    --Roadside Assistance (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles
    --Extra Mile Extended Life Tires
    --(6 Years / 100,000 Miles)

4)Vehicle Shield Package
    --Lusterizing Sealant
    --Sound Shield
    --Sealant Cleaner
    --Rental Car Assistance

Price Paid: 17,850 (After Incentives)
    Time Spent on deal: 2 hrs including finance

I know the dealer made some money on the sale. But can someone tell me how much money they probably made on this deal? Could I have saved more money? I was looking for a basic LE. Got one (Aspen Green Pearl)that had only the shield package which the dealer was willing to sell for 17,250 and another mineral green with The Extra Mile Option Package A for 17,450. While test driving the second vehicle I accidentally stumbled upon the one that I bought (with Package D + other stuff) and after completing negotiation for the first tow vehicle I once again negotiated for the 3rd one and left with that vehicle. I could have gotten the vehicle for 17,500 since the sales manager had overlooked the allow wheel option on that vehicle but my brother, who had accompanied me to the dealership pointed out that it is cool that this vehicle has allow wheels. I saw a puzzled (genuine) look on the manager’s face and that is when they went through the paper works one more time and updated their price to 18,500. Well after 15 min of negotiation we came to the final price of 17,850.

So, that was my story. How did I do? Please be completely honest even if that involves brutality..
    what is usually the standard way to break in a new car? Something along the lines of not going past 50mi/hr the 1st 100mi or so?

reason I ask is I am thinking of going out of state to purchase this camry and don't want to stress the car too much driving it back home.

thanks
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    Two things you do NOT want to do in the first 1,000 miles. Don't tow with it, and try not to do full-throttle starts. They recommend that you don't drive over 55mph so that you don't drive cross-country with the cruise control set at the same speed. The idea behind this is that you want to vary the speed occasionally to change engine tempuratures for "tempering" the engine more than anything else. You need to vary engine speed to make sure that the rings seat properly for the rest of the engine's life. So don't worry about driving highway speeds, but be sure to vary the speed by 5-10mph every 15minutes or so if you're going to do so.

Ken
  • 3rdcamrybuyer3rdcamrybuyer Member Posts: 1
    After receiving numerous email and phone responses to by request for a price for 2005 Camry LE-4cyl-auto with mats, I got my best price from Sandy Springs Toyota in Atlanta: $16,888 plus $399 Doc fee plus 7% sales tax = $18497.63 out the door. Most of the other quotes I got were $1,000 to $2,000 more than this, however I got a similar offer from Ivey Toyota in Greensboro, NC. This Camry does not include side airbags or alloy wheels. It is an LE with 4 cyl, auto transmission, floor mats and trunk mat. I have just received my buyers order by fax, and we will pick up the car tomorrow morning. This is our fourth Camry, and we didn't even consider anything else. Good shopping..........
  • ramstein317ramstein317 Member Posts: 47
    hey dude, i im nj and seeking to get a camry on memorial day may 30th ur saying that u got a 05 le v6 for 20888 from freehold toyota can u plese tell me the details if u don't mind? i'd really appreciate it and hows the le v6 running?
    thank's.
  • tally1tally1 Member Posts: 1
    I live in the northern region of Florida and I am looking to locate right away a new Camry XLE leather, without navigation (spoiler-optional). Who should I call to buy a 2005 for about 23,000 out the door?
  • mrcheapmrcheap Member Posts: 1
    Clearly, Greensbourough, NC toyota dealer has one of the best prices on a Camry LE. Does anyone recomend the 2006 model over a 2005 left over?
  • bronzemaxellbronzemaxell Member Posts: 55
    i think the $50 check is reimbursement for your state inspection and emission if there is one, dealer suppose to include those, but if you are buying it from another state, they will not able to do those inspection and emission on behave of your state.
  • oink2uoink2u Member Posts: 3
    Just checking in and letting y'all know my buying experience. First off, thanks to everyone who posted here; it has been VERY helpful!!!

I just left Toyota of Plano with a 2005 Camry LE (V4 automatic, Lunar Mist) + mats for 18700 after TTL. It includes $1500 promotion discount, $100 discount (for not having the car when promised), and a $400 "Recent Graduate Program" discount. The salesman we dealt with was very honest, very straightforward, and very nice (for a change!). All the information he had was on the table; he didn't try to hide any of his numbers from us; and he was truly a customer advocate, fighting for our every dollar. I would highly recommend him!!!

If you want the specifics, just email me! ;)
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Is this the out the door price that you actually paid? If this is the true OTD price, I think you did great. Looked over the weekend at the same car here in South Florida, but decided to go with either the Jetta or Mazda6. I'm hoping the wife chooses the Jetta!

The Sandman :D
  • newcamrynewcamry Member Posts: 1
    I live in the Bay Area. I was quoted $17,350/- + $45 doc + TTL for a 2005 Camry LE auto with Side Airbags. Color: Lunar Mist. It looks like a good deal to me. I would like to get your opinions and thoughts on the price?
    Thanks.
  • yczycz Member Posts: 25
    Congratulations on your new Camry! I am glad to hear you have found a
    salesperson who is willing to work for you. In my limited new car buying
    experience (4 new cars in past 10 years), I have not met one yet.

I bought a 05 Camry LE about 5 weeks at Toyota of Richardson (where my
    wife bought her 96 Camry in 1995). Even I got a very good price ($19,300 OTD for
    05 LE with extra mile package, alloy wheels, door sills, tint window, and
    7 year/75k extended warranty), but I had to say the buying experience was not
    present.

I went to Toyota of Plano too. The salesperson and manager were refused
    to negotiate for 05 LE with floor mat at $17,200 before tax and tag even I showed them that Toyota of Vandergriff at Arlington offered me the same deal. So I left
    the dealership. I was surprised that no one called me later from Plano since most
    dealerships will call you why did not buy the car at your first shopping stop there.

I then went to Toyota of Richardson, presented the same deal, but they did not have
    the color (mineral green) with floor mat only, instead they have one with extra mile A and alloy wheel, tint window, door sills. The car had about 200 miles on it when
    I had the test drive. The next day I offered 18,000 before tax and tag, no deal.
    Three days after, they accepted my offer (OTD $19,300).

Dealships are entitled to make money. But the way they treat buyers?????
    I am just glad now we have web site like this one to give us better fighting tools
    when buying a new/used car.

By the way, we love our Camrys. The 96 has never had any problems (now has
    100K miles). I hope the new Camry will do the same.

Good luck, and enjoying your new Camry.
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    I feel that Camry LE V6 is a better option than XLE V4. The car is running great.
    The price before the TTL was 19200.
  • bronxbornbronxborn Member Posts: 7
    My folks are going to buy a new Camry in the next week or two. They are interested in the Standard model with automatic transmission. They have seen ads listing the car with automatic for $16,250 and $16,500 from two different dealers. The MSRP is $19,772. My folks would be happy to buy the car for that price, and it is below the invoice prices I have seen, but I doubt it is the best deal. First, it is an advertised price, so it's the price the dealer wants. Second, some of the posts here show deals on an LE model that are only slightly more.

Any thoughts?
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    Just from my experience, anything that is advertised is a loss leader and is probably the best price you're going to get for that particular model, and often you'll actually see individual stock #'s or "x" available at that price. So my guess is that you're probably at the bottom or very close to it.

Ken