Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• camrypopcamrypop Member Posts: 43
    Fredvh,

True. There are some equally shady consumers out there who try to play games w/ sales ppl. Also, I should be more flexible considering that ppl in sales can make mistakes. But, at this particular dealership, the salesman initially told me that the LE is the standard--that there is nothing below this. Outrageous. On top of that, he and 2 others inform me tht there is no such thing as a STD w/ ABS, and that the other dealer i was dealing w/ was not being honest or just "confused".. I could possible understand if this was near the time that ABS was added to the STD, but this is 6/05!! How much time do these guys need to brush up on what they are exactly selling? If a car dummy like me can figure it out, I expect the salesman to also.

So once again, everyone stay away from Beaman Toyota in Nashville TN. And for that matter, all of TN seems to blow when it comes to pricing of Toyotas and Hondas. Surrounding states such as Georgia offer much better pricing.
    you can do at least $250 less. check if there r any nearby states that have a $1000 rebate on the LE(use carsdirect.com and input zipcodes). see if you can get one under $18k(after rebate). go for something around $17.5k if u really want to be aggressive. u might get it when the 06's start coming out in a cple mnths(presumably).
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    I was not defending this particular dealership at all. I was only defending dealerships in general and their respective salesmen. The sales staff at Beaman could have called Toyota and gotten answers from them and not have accused someone else of being "dishonest or confused".
  • umichumich Member Posts: 10
    Dear all,I am new here. I want to buy a "LE 4d with auto transmission". The best price so far is $17995+TTL. Anyone has a good experience in MI?Thank you
  • camfan1camfan1 Member Posts: 3
    Does this price inclu. tax?
  • ibhg31ibhg31 Member Posts: 6
    Hello All,
    After watching this forum for over a month! I finally purchased a 2005 Lunar Mist Camy LE, 4 Cyl, 5AT, w/mats for $18,425 OTD in Salt Lake City, Utah. Thanks to "Bigpig426, Post 1950" regarding his camry buying experience @ Longo Toyota in SoCal. I was able to negociate a good price with the dealer. I first tried to purchase the car using Costco car buying service, but the same dealer quoted $19,600 before TT&L (includes 1K rebate) for the Costco price. So, I showed the dealer an internet quote from Longo Toyota and at first the sales manger said he there is no way he could sell a Camry for that price. But, during the negotiation general manager was walking by and overheard us and after 30 mins of negotiation with the general manager, he came close to matching Longo Toyota price so I bought it at the local dealship. Here is what I paid:

1. LE w/mats $16,500 (includes $1,000 rebate)
    2. Tax 6.6% 1,089
    3. Title&Doc 836
    ------------------------------------
    Total 18,425

Thanks again "Bigpig426". :shades:
  • umichumich Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for reply. NO. After deduct $700 rebate and Before TTL.
    How much should I ask?
    Thanks
  • jim1975jim1975 Member Posts: 6
    This is a great price. The best I got offered was Camry standard for $17,000 before taxes and dealer fees. For LE $17,500 (after $1000 rebate). I got Honda Accord value pack instead for $16,400 before tax.
    It doesn't have power locks but it has side and curtain airbags and engine immobilizer that Camry has not. I don't know if I did a mistake but it rides much better than Camry and I will chose again side and curtain airbags over power locks
  • cyclone5cyclone5 Member Posts: 4
    I just went back from toyota dealer shop. Sales person offered me $18,950 (before TAX) for 2005 Camry LE with leather seat. MRSP was about $22,000. I took $400 recent graduate discount, $750 rebate, and $2,000 down after deal.

I would like to know if this is good deal. Dealer shop is in Columbia, MO. Many thanks for your opinons.
  • redsoxnumbroneredsoxnumbrone Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a Camry SE with spoiler, premuim JBL 8 speaker stereo, aluminum wheels, wheel locks, and preferred accessory package. Total MSRP was $23,021 and we got it for $19,535. The dealership had to get the car from a neighboring state and the doc fees were $35. The total with TTL (5% sales tax) was $20,611.75 The price includes a $1,000 rebate. I think this was $100 under invoice. Great car! Love the sunroof or moonroof (what's the difference between them?).

Opinion on whether I got a good price. :)
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    If you were able to purchase an SE Camry for under invoice, you got a VERY good deal. Nice job.

Ken
    i hear you. no disrespect to the honest dealers out there.
    not a good deal. don't know abt pricing in MI area but you could possibly get a better price out of state. read previous msgs here. ppl in areas such as socal have supposedly gotten prices as low as $16.3k for the same car. see if u can get something in the low 17's at least. use carsdirect.com as a starting pt(try for even lower).
    i was looking at the value pkg accord also. can do w/o the auto locks but there is also no cruise control, reading lights, radio steering controls, only 2 speakers, and smaller cargo room. yeah not really necessary. love the fact that side/curtain is std and the price is still competitive. still deciding. probably do a accord test drive today.

i think accrd value pkg goes for $15800(haven't checked thoroughly) in the atl area. not bad for a V4 auto w/ side/curtain.

and wht does everybody think of getting after mkt leather?
  • anotherdayanotherday Member Posts: 2
    It's a basic LE AT model. I didn't ask for any options except Mat set included. The dealer is Northridge Toyota in CA. Transaction is smooth. Sales person (Oleg) is very nice.

Break down:

Price: $16660
    Doc&Reg: $45 + $177.75
    Tax: 1211.11
    Rebate: -1000
    = 17093.86

Hi ibhg31, Why did you get so high a Title&Doc ($836) ?
  • jhk1jhk1 Member Posts: 2
    A first quote for a Camry LE 4CL AT + side airbag in Las Cruces NM was $18,900 + TTL (about another $1000). This seems too high. Does anyone have a location in the region where they got a reasonable price?

Thanks
    Just noticed that the side airbags on the Accord is front only. Is this true for the Camry too? If so, wonder if rear will be a 06 option?
    There is a difference between side and side-curtain airbags. Side airbags are those that deploy, normally from the side bolster of the front seats, to protect the occupant of that seat's torso. Side-curtain airbags deploy from the headliner to protect the occupant's head from impacting the window, window frame or anything impacting the vehicle that is taller than the bottom window frame. In the Camry, when you get the side airbags, you get both the side and the side-curtain airbags at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Ken
    :( the best offer i got is $17550 (incl. $700 rebate, carpet, dest.fee) before TTL and tax. I haven't talked to salesmen in person, how about this price in chicago area?
  • ragdollgirlragdollgirl Member Posts: 66
    I just bought an '05 Camry XLE V6 with heated seats, VSC/side airbags, carpeted mats, custom paint stripe, and full cloth roadster top for $25,779 (does not include tax and tags). I did lots of research and got several quotes and felt comfortable that I got an excellent deal. Does anybody else think differently? Be honest, I can take it. ;)

I do have a gripe that the carpeted floor/trunk mats were an option I had to purchase. Floor mats should come standard with all cars, in my opinion, and the trunk mat is really not necessary, as it already has a mat in it. But it's nice and says "Camry" on it. I'm sure glad this car-buying experience is over with, though. Twelve years since I bought last, and I hope I can can go at least that long again.

Also, just in case this can help even one other person -- check your tire pressure before driving out of the dealer's lot. I took my car home and went for a 45 mile ride the next night. I was mortified at how horribly it rode. Felt like a truck going over bumps. Thumped, thunked, and shook. I told the sales manager I wanted to invoke their 72-hour buyback policy and return the car for full credit. He told me he has had a few other calls about the same problem and it seems the factory likes to overinflate the tires. Well, we checked and they should have had 29 psi, but all the tires were 42 psi!! After we let the air out, the car rode fine. Shame on the dealer for not checking that, since they already knew about it.
    Congratulations! I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. Please keep us informed of your impressions.

Ken
  • laavalaava Member Posts: 1
    That's a great deal!
    Could you share your negotiation experience? I'm ready to buy a Camry LE, but the lowest dealer quote is $19,000. Wondering how to bring that down. Thanks!
    Well, first thing I did was go to carbuyingtips.com and read every word that guy (Jeff) wrote. What a wealth of information! There was stuff there I wouldn't have thought of in a million years. I took his advice and used one of the finance companies he recommends. Easy as pie -- applied for the loan online and got an answer in 15 minutes. I had already used Jeff's downloadable spreadsheet to calculate whether I would be better off taking the $750 rebate or the dealer's 3.9% finance rate (I couldn't afford the short period to get the 1.9% rate). I came out better taking the rebate. Then I paid $12 to get Consumer Reports' car buying guide for that model of Camry. That was VERY helpful -- lets you find the starting price to negotiate from once you know what options you want. Then I requested quotes online from different dealers (and also quotes from some online car buying sites) and had 5 or 6 by the time I was ready to deal. The salesman I bought from came within $150 of the invoice price plus 4% profit that I had figured up. I can tell you, it felt a lot less stressful going into the dealership knowing what I was talking about. In the past, I knew nothing going in, and always felt as though I got ripped off. This time I knew I did not. I hope all this is helpful to you. Good luck!
  • anotherdayanotherday Member Posts: 2
    I saw their (Northridge Toyota in SoCal) Ads in Fri and Sun LA Times. No negotiation. The mat set is included in the package already.

As advertised they have 4 for sale. But when I arrived in Sunday morning there are only one black and one red left. I choose the black one. That's it.
  • jim1975jim1975 Member Posts: 6
    All '05 Accords come with front side airbags and front and rear curtain airbags. In Toyotas they are optional.
  • mqqb1mqqb1 Member Posts: 29
    The standard airbags is why I bought an Accord EX V6 over a Camry SE V6. I tried to special order the airbags on a Camry SE and it took 5 months for the car to come in; I cancelled the deal 3 months in and went out and bought an Accord within 2 days. So far it is a great car and much better customer service from Honda than I got from Toyota.

My two cents.
  • roperroper Member Posts: 1
    Great Price! Which Dealer?
    yes thanks but was wondering if rear side will ever be an option?
    thanks. yeah i knew this but see the side air bags are only in the front. true, the curtain bags go across both rows but their is no rear side airbag.

but looks like i'm leaning towrds the accord DV VP as of now.
    There has been some companies that have been considering it. I think the 7-series BMW uses them for example. The difficulty is that you need occupant sensors in the seats with them and there are some concerns about their deployement with children who are more likely to be leaning against the side of the car or asleep against the side of the car and safety when they deploy. The industry seems to have deemed the added benefits don't justify the risks at this point.

Hope this helps.

Ken
    Does that work?
  • darondaron Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at a Camry LE V6 - Options include JBL 6CD. MSRP = 25,000

How much should I expect to pay. I live in Indianapolis. I requested quotes through carsdirect.com and they came in around 22500 before tax and rebate.

Thanks

D
    Ken

That more than helps. Great pt abt rear side bags and safety vis a vis small children.

You sure do know quite a bit---are you a Toyota engineer?

Btw, what's your opinion of the accord vs camry? I'm looking for something really basic w/ emphasis on safety and fuel efficiency; the accord VP seems like a steal. As of now I have a quote of $15620 before TTL. This is for a V4, auto, and side/curtain. Though basic luxury items such as cruise control and power locks are not included. But hey, air conditioning, power windows, and radio/cd player r included and is just what i need.
    Pop,

Thanks for the thought, but no, just a Toyota guy that has been working with Toyota's for going on over 10years. I started in sales, was promoted to sales and financial services manager, and as of recently decided that I miss working with customers too much and moved myself back to the sales floor.

Personal opinion, I think you probably can guess :).
    However in all honesty, the Accord and Camry are VERY comparible vehicles. It really boils down to what you prefer. The Camry is a bit softer riding and quieter. The Accord will be a bit firmer and sportier driving. The part that I perfer in the Camry is the feel of the materials. The surfaces of the dash, doors, etc are softer and have a more tactile feel without feeling like hard plastic. Also, at least in the rear seats, they give full length seat bottoms.

Alot of your decision also needs to consider how long you're going to keep this car. If you plan on keeping it for 10+ years, it really doesn't matter what model you purchase. But if you plan on only keeping it for 3-5yrs, the resale values of the base models of either of these vehicles are not nearly as good as the mid-line models. I remember when the CE Camry's were the same way as the model of the Accord you're looking at were. Between the fact they were base models, and were missing things like cruise and power locks were not on them, it made them extremely difficult to re-sell and resale/trade-in values where MUCH lower. I would say the same thing on the first models of the STD Camry for the '05 model year when they didn't come with ABS too. Keep in mind also, that the extra cost for the next model up is spread out over the term you keep the vehicle and a good portion will be recouped when you trade it in.

So alot of this comes down to personal preference. If you like the Accord's style/drive better, then it's the best car for you. If you like the Camry's, then choose that one. Either way, they're two of the best vehicles on the road for the money by almost anyone's estimation, so you can't do too badly.

Good luck on your choice and I'm sure you'll enjoy either vehicle.

Ken
    Carbone, in Bennington VT. A buddy of mine at work just bought a Tacoma there and he knew I was ready to buy. He gave me the salesman's name and I called him up. We did all the negotiating on the phone (no hard sell), took maybe 10 minutes between a couple calls and the deal was done. I didn't see the salesman until he got the car and we came up to pick it up. He also had a great deal on a car loan at 4.84% for up to 5yrs. I thought there might be a catch, but he was all up front with us, and he didn't even try to sell us extras. Anyway, I wish I could tell you the salesman's name and mine too, because I would get $100. If you need more info e-mail me.

Ed :D
  • xykwxykw Member Posts: 6
    Just curious, Is $1000 deducted before or after sale tax?
    After sales tax. Think of it like the mail-in rebates at the electronics stores. You pay the price for the product, plus sales tax and then credit the rebate as applicable.

Ken
  • xykwxykw Member Posts: 6
    To anotherday,
    what is the tax rate in your area, it looks like around 7%. But I know in los angeles, it should be 8.25%.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    Hi,
    Just as the title asks. I'm helping my parents buy a car. They went to AAA today and got some names of people at dealerships to deal with.
    No prices were given though.
    Thanks......Ken
  • plaulplaul Member Posts: 11
    Which dealer did you get this quote from. I am in the market too...
    Just my opinion on AAA -- I've been a member for several years and love their TripTiks, Tour Guides, etc., but I've never seen any good deals on anything I've asked about. I tried them for car rentals, airline tickets, and a couple of other things (it's been quite awhile, so I can't remember what), but I found I got better deals on my own. I haven't used them or even inquired about their discounts on travel packages or car buying, though. Maybe they've improved in the years since I looked into discounts, but I gave up a long time ago.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    Thanks for the info ragdollgirl.
    We are going to visit a dealer tommorow to see whats up as my parents went ahead and made an appointment..
    I have been checking prices and all available info on this site and others, so hopefully I will recognize a good deal if we do happen to see one.

Ken
  • wilson0825wilson0825 Member Posts: 1
    MSRP about 22500 , i pay invoice price about 20720 + sales tax.
    must get V6 so much better, V4 really suck and engine noisy at 30 mph or more...

just bought one on July 1st.
    When I paid for my sales tax, it was after the rebate was taken off. Total price of car was $20,535 minus $1,000. The sales tax was on $19,535. I live in MA, maybe it's different elsewhere. :)
  • terrylisaterrylisa Member Posts: 2
    Hello All :)

Hoping to find some help.... I test drove the XLE V6 and the ACURA TSX and can't decide which is the car for me... Both car are basically the same. I would need to add the side air bags and curtain package to the Camry, but other than that I really can't find anything else. I do feel that the seats on the Camry where a bit more comfortable than on the Acura. At this time I am favoring the Camry

I will be purchasing within the next two weeks and need help on prices.

I am in the Tampa Bay Area and not sure where I should start. :confuse: I requested a quote over the internet and was given $24,128 plus $399 dealer fees(What is this?...Acquisition fee?), $8.89 misc state charges (??? have no idea what this is) plus sales tax (7%) and Tag......I am hoping the dealer goes down another $1500 or so. By the way this price includes the GU VCS & Side Curtain Package and the VD Vehicle Stability Control (I believe is included in the VU Pkg). I am thinking that once I make the deal I will ask the dealer to throw in the wheel locks, mats and trunk tray. :D

Also, I will not have a trade in and I am considering putting approx 4K-5K as a down payment. Still trying to figure out where my payments will be, since I am considering leasing and not buying.

I would appreciate any advise you can throw my way.

Thanks!
    Ken,

Thanks again for the another detailed response. I decided to pull the trigger on the Honda. Got a new 05 Accord DX Value Package for $15,331 from Curry Honda in ATL(the internet mngr i dealt w/ was beyond great). This price was before tax and title but included all fees. It was an amazing deal and I am very happy with the purchase. If anybody is interested, I'll post in a little more detail on the Accord brd.

I kept my previous car for 10+ yrs, and am pretty sure I'll do the same with this one. Seems like Honda sacrificed a few luxury items(6 speakers, cruise control, power locks) on the DX and opted instead for safety by making the side/curtain airbags std. I think it would be a wise move for Toyota to follow Honda's footsteps here on the camry STD since there are probably a lot of ppl like me who chose the accord/camry mainly based on safety and price, along w/ fuel efficiency and reliability.

Sounds like you are an informative and fair salesperson. You woudn't believe some of the salesppl i dealt w/ in nash and atl, both honda and toyota dealers. I'm still laughing abt some of the things they told me, example: "you can't get a accord DX w/ air conditioning...i mean, no power windows... u need the LX for power windows....wait..." or this one from a toyota guy, "no, the camry LE is the base model--there is nothing below that....what?"

Have a good fouth,
    camrypop
  • flyblueflyblue Member Posts: 2
    I am also in Atlanta, GA. Would you mind share your dealer's information since I am looking for the 2005 Camry LE now.
  • matte1matte1 Member Posts: 1
    Camry LE, only including 4-Piece Front And Rear Carpeted Floor Mats, after 1000 rebate. How is it? A deal?
    Camrypop,

Congratulations on the Accord. You really couldn't have gone wrong with either choice and it really comes down to personal choice. I hope you have many enjoyable miles of motoring.

I'm glad I was able to be helpful and feel free to post here or contact me if there is anything else I can be of assistance with.

Toyota Ken
  • midorigalmidorigal Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

This forum is great. I've just discovered it a couple of days ago. I bought a 2005 Toyota LE yesterday at Tustin Toyota in Southern California. The out the door price was 18000. The experience wasn't great but I suppose it could have been worse. I think I was just nervous and paranoid about the whole dealing with car salesmen/managers horror stories.

I am very happy with my car and color choice, Lunar Mist Metallic. I did have a few questions that I was hoping the experts can help me with.

Are the stock tires Goodyear Integrity?

Are the 2005 Camrys slightly higher than the 2003 or 2004 ones? The reason I ask is that the neighbor that parks next to me has a Camry XLE either 2003 or 2004 and I could swear mine's just slightly higher than hers.

Also for the Vehicle/Vessel Transer and Reassignment Form I signed with my dealer, I noticed for the selling price they had typed in "VALUE RECEIVED" instead of a numeric price. Any idea why?

I hope I didn't screw anything up and I hope I'm asking the questions in the right forum. I do apologize if I did not. I'm still very new to everything.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Alice