Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Amazing! Here's the "best" deal I got in the San Antonio area (with internet mgr):

MSRP...........: $21796 (side air bags + M5 Carpet Mat Set)
    Your Price...... $20,540

Rebate............-$1000 (not sure why your's is only $750)

Total...............$19,540 + $1271 (taxes), $181 lic/doc fee, etc
    Total.OTD.......$20,992

Now you can see why I'm envious and a tad unbelieving. Must be a crazy car market out there.....oh, I answered by saying it had to be UNDER $20K OTD - still waiting for them to call.....lol
  • torr310torr310 Member Posts: 41
    Toyota offers
    2.9% for 36 months
    3.9% for 48 ~ 60 months

I went to one dealership and the salesman used 7.90%
  • stephmstephm Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if Toyota has an employee/business associate pricing plan like Nissan's Vehicle Purchase Program? Thanks!
  • kthankthan Member Posts: 30
    I got a quote on 06 SE (4cylinder) with GY (side/curtain airbag), HM (SE
    premium package with leather, JBL 6CD changer, manual shade), AW (alloy
    wheel), CF (carpeted mat) from Bredemann Toyota (Park Ridge, IL). I was
    interested in this vehicle but changed mind to buy a Sienna. Their price is
    great ($400 under invoice..$21654 before $500 Toyota rebate). If anyone
    interested in this rarely available options, it would be a good chance. I
    just pass this information to other members because it is very nice deal if
    anyone is on the market for 06 Camry.
  • austin360aaustin360a Member Posts: 8
    Share with my experience:

Just ordered a Camry LE 4cyl Auto w/ Toyoguard and mats in Montgomery Alabama. $18,820 OTD. Price includes $1000 rebate and $400 new graduate rebate.

I know this is not so good, but in small town in Alabama it is okay.

BTW, I found that Toyoguard offers better noise isolation, which is clearly perceptible to me. Any second opinion?
  • bartio1975bartio1975 Member Posts: 12
    Hi all
    I purchased an 06 Camry LE with Option B (Glass sliding moonroof, JBL speakers with 6 cd changer, casette, rear sunshade, cargo tiedowns), Side Airbags & side curtain airbags & an anti theft alarm for a price of 18,750 excluding the Toyota $400 grad rebate, freight, tags, title etc. With tax, tags, title etc, it came to $20,600 OTD. Bought it from Lustine Toyota at Woodbridge, VA after negotiating for 4 hours! (I purchased the mats for $20 from Walmart for which Toyota was charging $100+)
    They also offered me a prepaid maintenance package for 3yr/40 K miles for $790. It includes oil changes, tire rotations and the major services at 15, 30, 40 K miles. It also includes free road side assistance for 3 years. Is this worth getting? Pls advise.
  • qry1qry1 Member Posts: 2
    I am wondering which exterior/interior colors are popular.

See if I can get an LE 4dr AT at reasonable price.

Thx
  • hpark21hpark21 Member Posts: 7
    With Side curtain airbag and preferred owners portfolio (mats, cargo net, first aid kit) - Silver

$17863 + tax and tag
    (2.7% tax for DE reg)

Sloan Toyota of Devon.
    (Near Philadelphia, PA)

I think it is good price. Virtually no haggling to get to this price.
    I'd agree! Here in the San Antonio/Austin area, only 1 dealer got under $18,000 (TTL extra) and that was W/O the side air bage package (and I would never buy a Camry without). The other dealers weren't even close, by the way. And no, no offer of mats, cargo net, etc included in their prices.

Enjoy the ride!.... :)
  • ogbuffguyogbuffguy Member Posts: 42
    Does anybody know the November lease rates for a camry 4 cyl LE in southern cali for 36 months/12k miles a year?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,747
    Hi..

Try asking your Camry lease questions here:

Toyota Camry: Lease Questions

Car_man has all of the answers regarding residuals and money factors!

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ogbuffguyogbuffguy Member Posts: 42
    thanks, i'll try that
  • bartio1975bartio1975 Member Posts: 12
    Can anyone advice me if it is worth getting the $790 prepaid maintenance package? 3yrs/40 K miles.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    yes but it's very strict. Only certain Toyota companies and there employees qualify. e.g. if you have a relative who works at Princeton or Georgetown
  • euglee25euglee25 Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a 2006 Camry LE 4cyl, Auto Trans, with only the Side/Curtain airbags option and mats. OTD price came out to $19.5k. Got this car at Toyota of El Cajon in San Diego. Pretty good deal?
  • tatertottatertot Member Posts: 1
    Are you sure this pricing is for an LE and not a toyotas new "Standard camry" with an automatic? I am having trouble getting any dealer to come remotely close to those numbers. HELP ME, I am tired of walking. tatertot :sick:
    Sounds good to me! Here in TX the best quote I could get was $20,992 for the same configuration. Needless to say, I passed....lol. Was offered an LE w/o those side air and mats at another dealer for about $19650 OTD but won't buy w/o side airbags. Congrats and enjoy the ride!... ;)
  • silverstone1silverstone1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Godeacs
    Can You tell me which dealer qouted 18,000 + TTL. Here in Houston the lowest I got was 19,300 + TTL.
    Charles Maund in Austin. That was a 2-3 weeks ago - they ran an ad in the Austin paper saying they had 10 LEs at that price ($17,999). Plus advertised on their website. 3-4 days later they still had 4 left. I would contact their internet sales dept. Good luck!
  • crandlemancrandleman Member Posts: 65
    The Charles Maund price was basically $200 above invoice minus the $1000 rebate at the time. Everyone should have little problem offering $200 above invoice and getting a deal.
  • steve91steve91 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have any idea as to what a good price for a XLE V6 with navigation system, vehicle stability control, & side air bags would be in Atlanta? I'm definitely going to wait for the re-designed 07's to come out in the spring but wanted to get an idea for the 06 prices.
    Just telling you my experience. Price of $17,999 was $775 BELOW invoice and no one in this area was willing to meet it. Had 1 dealer tell me they doubted the price (is it a demo, a 2005??, etc). Had another dealer admit "they are killing us with this price, etc." Trust me, no one in the SA/Austin area could/would meet their price. I checked with every Toyota dealer (internet sales dept) in the area. So your 2nd sentence is correct - IF you dealt with Maund..... BTW, I didn't, as I wanted side air bags.
  • mendota99mendota99 Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

I'm looking for an SE V6 in central California. Many dealers do not have an inventory search on their websites. Is there another way to locate what a dealer has in stock?
    Thank you.
  • crandlemancrandleman Member Posts: 65
    So are you saying it was $17,999 minus the $1,000 factory rebate for a total of $16,999 + tax,title,license??
  • windycity2windycity2 Member Posts: 17
    2 weeks ago I bought a new Camry LE 4dr auto with floor mats for $17.7k+TTL($19.1k OTD) at CarMax Kenosha(Yes, carmax kenosha sells brand new toyotas). It is phantom grey color.

None of the dealers in Chicago area couldn't believe it. Schamburg Toyota outrightly said there is no way CarMax can sell a car below invoide but it is true that I bought it. Even CarMax sales person agreed that it is a pricing error(they priced std model price to LE model by mistake). I wouldn't have believed it if it is some other car dealer.

Whoever is looking a Camry in Chicago area, go to carmax they have plenty of models in stock and you can get invoice price with out haggling.

Good luck to all in car purchase.
  • grant2grant2 Member Posts: 30
    Does the car have automatic or manual transmission?
  • boodahboodah Member Posts: 7
    I'm starting out my search for an LE 4cyl with no additional options. I don't have many dealerships in my locality so my first experience was a bit of a shocker to hear the dealer tell a "mistruth"... er uh... shall I just go on and say LIE to me? Well, I'm trying to buy through the Costco program and a dealer calls me the next day. He says the price is standard blah blah... and I asked him for the invoice amount which he wasn't even close to what edmunds states. When a salesman lies like this do I continue to work with him or do I run? I can't keep running too far because I don't have more to choose from.
  • windycity2windycity2 Member Posts: 17
    automatic
  • allencaliallencali Member Posts: 11
    I bought same package in 2003 for $590 (They started at 700 somthing I negotiated it down) but overall in my opinion is not worth it, because technicaly it's simple oil change coupons plus 2 major interval (which is not really major maintenance). If always get better specials in your dealer.
  • ctk1ctk1 Member Posts: 79
    If you don't feel comfortable with the sale person at particular dealership, I recommend to go different dealer. Yah, all sale men are lie. Lie to get you into the show room, lie to sale you extra stuff that you don't need, lie to offer you a bellow invoice price and force you to finance throught the dealer...etc... You must do your home work and be ready to to play a "game" before step in the dealer.
    I negotiate for my aunt and she just purchase a Camry LE 4 cyc auto with JBL and floormats for 18,200 (after 500 rebate) without tax, registration, and dealer fee from Herb chamber in Boston.
    Good luck to you
  • melsantmelsant Member Posts: 1
    I've been told by many dealers that Toyota builds the Camry xle 4cyl with the GU safety package (electronic stability control and traction control) but will only sell it in certain parts of the USA, and not in the northeast.

This is the car I want to buy. But I can't get a Toyota dealership to sell me one since I live in the northeast (New York). Anyone know how to get around this stupid limitation by Toyota? Who are they to boycott NY anyway!
  • carbuyerinlacarbuyerinla Member Posts: 5
    I have an internet quote for the same amount from a Toyota Dealership in Ontario, CA. I think I'll purchase it soon.
  • pro4pro4 Member Posts: 5
    In ft lauderdale best price quoted was that 17885 plus 498.50 dealer plus 22.50 some tire bs stuff plus my 1104taxes @6percent for 19510 out the door before tagtitle. im waiting for dec 1 to see if theres is camry rebate as there is none in s florida. next best 19750 soooo when is best time to buy dec 30. by the way ford fusion is attractive alternative but no standard abs brakes and i didnt see driver airbags standard on ford but its inside is attractive and outside fresh looking
    thats my low price that i got quoted. im waiting for dec 1 to see if theres rebate. There was dealer fee 498 and i wonder if i can get dealer to eat it? anybody know if thats negotiable item ? ps we have 6% taxes
    its a game find out from here whats an le auto being bought for by other people 19500 to 19700 are my real world estimates out the door with tax . you can fax him a letter and also your other dealers that you will buy a car in next two weeks and you would like to pay 19510 whats your price? go on offensive ? see how close they come to YOUR price
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Are you buying from King or Al Hendrickson? We've bought Camry's from each of them in the '90's. Didn't like any of the Maroone owned dealerships.
    This is a good weekend to buy from past experience, but the last 2 weeks of december can be very good also.

The Sandman :)

(Personally, I'd hold out to see what the next Camry looks like or even cross shop the Accord.)
  • davidlucasdavidlucas Member Posts: 5
    My 05 Camry was totalled in an accident recently. I am quite happy with that vehicle, therefore, I bought off the last 05 Camry (new car with 94 miles) from Melody Toyota California after job yesterday right before Thanksgiving. The problem is, when I drove the car home and the surrounding is not as noisy as the dealer's lot, the engine sounds quite noisy and I can feel the shake when it's in idle status, while it's not the case at all with my last Camry where I can barely hear the engine sound and sometimes I can't tell if the engine is started or not, which impressed me very much. Frankly speaking, the quietness is the main thing that keeps me loyal to Camry. Now I'm disappointed and I am blaming myself that I should have noticed this problem at the dealer's lot. I knew there is no cooling off period for car sale. But I still called the sales person the he suggested me to go to service. I am going to talk with their general sale manager tomorrow in seeking of an exchange. But there is still chance that they will just refuse it.

My Thanksgiving is kind of miserable due to this.

What should I do in such a case? Please advise.
  • allencaliallencali Member Posts: 11
    Things like this in new cars happen and I suppose an adjustment or tune up would solve this problem. Don;t ruin your weekend :)

although you can't return the car but don't put much mileage (more than 100) on that till you getting this resolved.
    i was thinking of king although im closer to hendrickson but they seem to be wanting big bucks but if hendricksen is on the floor you can crack a deal. i thought about waiting for next model but been gaming the camry for a while so im anxious to finally make a deal now around last two weeks i like the fusion too but no abs or airbags. AT 19510 out the door w stripes and mats W/O tags is my best deal what do you think?
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Deal with the fleet or internet guy. They may both be willing to move another unit before the end of the month. Many are also holding out for the new redesign, so I'd think between now and new years would be :) a great time. Also, the new Accord is so much more...!

The Sandman
  • kingfanskingfans Member Posts: 11
    i bought a 2006 camry LE V6 base with carpet and floor mat. OTD and sale tax, 36 months with 3.9% APR, lincense fee. total is $22,336.
  • viryviry Member Posts: 9
    I need to buy an LE in the next two weeks, so I would like to know what people are paying for an LE 4 cyl . I got a quote from one dealer for $18900+TTL (this price includes the destination charge and the $750 rebate). Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I could do better. Is Edmunds TMV a good number to go by or Carsdirect ? If I can an average resonable price that I should go by; it would be great!
  • davidlucasdavidlucas Member Posts: 5
    The best offer I got in California SF Bay Area is $16988, FYI. This is the price of the vehicle for a 06 Camry LE w/o side airbag option.
  • phamcarphamcar Member Posts: 2
    Which dealer was this? The best i've got for same model is $17400.
    anybody know when new camry is coming out im talkin the re design. also anybody seen any good pictures of this camry redesign
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    pro4,
    You'll find a lot of information in our Next Generation Toyota Camry - 2007 discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    Hi All,
    I noticed in my area the rebates stayed at 750.00.
    Anyone know of other incentives for this holiday month?

And since Toyota is bringing out the 2007 probably in March, would it be better to wait until near that time to get a 2006?
  • jackietoyotajackietoyota Member Posts: 11
    It usually is better to wait until the 2007's are being brought out. Not only because of the great price you may get, but also becuase your 2006 will have a lot less mileage on it than a 2006 someone would be buying now... So, when you do go to trade your vehicle, you will get a lot more of a trade in value.
  • notesnotes Member Posts: 10
    I am planning to buy a V6 XLE 06 Camry before new year. I have not seen any posting on purchasing V6 XLE Camry on this board. Is that any wrong with this model? Much of the discussion are on LE model. I only have the TMV value to start negotiate with dealers. Any help? I am in Southern California. Thanks.
  • frankxufrankxu Member Posts: 1
    see what I get. OTD $19521 (5% tax include, grad discount included, $500 discount include) with he new tire program + mats

By the way, I am in Fargo, ND