Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Don't forget, but I believe even Toyota has a $400 credit for new grads if they finance through Toyota. You can always finance through them and pay it off with another creditor. I don't usually dicker over cars once I get to within $500 of a good deal, but coming out of college $400 might mean more to you than it does me.
  • shaopengsunshaopengsun Member Posts: 17
    Austin dealers really offer better price($18,999) :) . The best quote I got in Dallas(2007 Camry LE auto with Carpet) is $19,700. :confuse:
  • grphgrph Member Posts: 2
    made typo on the zip. It is 29204. I tried it again and could not get a quote.
    Thanks for your assistance.
  • thomasj2thomasj2 Member Posts: 12
    "I'm curious as to what everyone is calling "Blue Book". In your case is it Kelly Blue Book trade in price? Is that with an "excellent", "good" or "fair" condition rating?"

Yes that was with an excellent rating from Kelly Blue Book, with dealership tradein. Of course the private party trade in was much higher, and wish I new someone would've liked to buy it so I would have just have had to shop around for price. They always try to stick it to you on the trade in.
    Thomas
  • hsthst Member Posts: 2
    I just negotiated a lease for a 2007 Camry LXE with navigation. 3 years, 15,000 miles. This is the top of the line and fully loaded.

I put no money down but will be giving them a $7,800 refundable security deposit, (the proceeds from my trade-in), which I will get back at the end of the lease.

I am paying $1,000 up front which will cover registration, $400 bank fee, $410 first payment, plus some minor taxes and fees.
    The monthly payment is $410.

I have two questions:

1. How is that monthly payment look?

2. They said that GAP coverage is not automatic with Toyota Financing and it is not the law in NJ that it must be included in all leases as it is in New York. They wanted to charge me $17 a month but I got it down to $10 a month (in addition to the $410).

Is this true about GAP coverage in NJ and Toyota Financing?

Thanks for the help
    I've never leased but I'm not sure how this looks good unless there are tax advantages. I thought the advantage of leasing was to not tie up your own money. You're letting them hold your $7800 for three years as well as giving them $1000.

If you simply purchased a $31,000 XLE with a $2000 discount and had $8000 downpayment (your trade) then your payment would only be $406/month for 5 years. However in three years you would owe $9100 if you wanted to sell it. You own it! You drive all the miles you want with no penalty.

It appears that in essence you have indeed given them a $7800 down payment (not a security deposit) and they are simply guarenteeing they will see that much back in "value" when you give it back.

I don't know what your residual is, but if owning it for $400 a month means in 3 years it's yours if you pay off $9100 then I would want to compare that number with what they would allow me to purchase the car for at the end of my lease.

Now if you leased for $400 no money down and gave them the car back in 3 years then I'd go for that.

Also leases don't get tax credits on hybrids, not that you're interested in that.

I've always been interested in leasing but perhaps I just don't see the light in leasing. I would like to lease for 2 years max with 15,000 miles a year and keep a new car. However for my TCH I just purchased I need to keep it three years to keep the tax credits I'm claiming.
  • hsthst Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to mention that the original lease payment without the $7,800 refundable deposit was $450 so it lowered my monthly by $40. It is like getting 6% on your money "after taxes" if invested in a regular investment vehicle.

The lease route works for me because it makes it easier to deduct the expense for my business. A lease also allows me the option to give the car back if I am not happy with the car after 3 years or purchase it for about $17,500 which is an option since my son will be turning 17 in 3 years.

I purchased a Maxima 5 years ago and was not in love with it but would have had to take too big a hit if I sold it after 3 years so leasing is a little more attractive to me.

Lastly, when you put no money down with your lease and have gap insurance, (an absolute must for a lease), if the car is stolen or totaled, you are only out title & fees, (in my case the $1,000 which included my first payment) and payments you made and your insurance deductible. The GAP insurance takes care of the diference between your financial obligation and the insurance proceeds.
    Interesting. If you have to pay $17,500 to purchase it and they still owe you back the $7800, there is not much difference in the lease vrs purchase since on the financing you would only owe $9000+/- on the loan.

The downside to the lease for me is that I would have to watch the miles/yr or pay a big penalty.. Then again on a purchase if I only owed $9000 after 3 years and could sell it for $17,500,.... Oh well I guess I don't understand the business expense side of this.

Anyway, enjoy your Camry
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    I would wait to buy it in California... Some states are really sticky about transferring registration on cars that have been purchased recently.. In a high sales tax state like CA, they might think that you were trying to get around the sales tax. It wouldn't be too nice to pay taxes in Indiana, then find out that CA is going to charge you again.

From what I can tell, after reading thousands of posts... the car market is pretty competitive in California.. I don't think you'd have any trouble making a good deal out there..

Driving across the country wouldn't be a problem, but why put all those miles on your new car?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

It is possible that there are no dealers in your area that participate in the Edmunds.com quote system.

Maybe you could get a response by going through Toyota's own website?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bbinsdbbinsd Member Posts: 6
    Buying a V6 XLE 2007. Just test drove and dealt with a fleet manager. +$500 above invoice($25,000). Total loaded except Nav is $26K They are throwing in a Sat radio for free since we hate the wood trim and are having to change it out for aftermarket pieces. This car is hot in SOCAL. I'm buying one that is still in the inpound lot in long Beach. :shades:
  • smslegendsmslegend Member Posts: 3
    How and where did you get such a good deal on yours? The best deal I've been offered was $24,451 before ttl from Toyota of Orange for the SE V6(no navi, no leather, just sunroof, spoiler and mats). Or is that a decent deal at the moment?
  • jbolgerjbolger Member Posts: 6
    I have been researching this vehicle for over three weeks now and in doing so I feel for the money this is one auesome car.After going to five different dealers here on Long Island N.Y. and leaving a deposit at one of the dealers,which by the way said my car would'nt be in until sometime in June I was reffered to Millennium Toyota in Hempstead.My wifes uncle knew the owner and would'nt you know they had the exact car I wanted on the lot.Not only did they match the price of the other dealer they treated me with respect and made me feel extremely comfotable.I know what your thinking I got a good deal because of the relationship to the owner, maybe so but let me tell you while I was sitting their signning the paperwork four other deals were going on within ear shot of me and all those people were getting the same treatment as me.If you live in N.Y. do yourself a favor and give these guys a call.Get your best deal and bring it to them and like me if they only match the price it will still be worth the personal sevice you receive.My SE-V6 out the door was $29806.85 with everything but nav.
    $29,806 without nav sounds about like you paid MSRP. What kind(if any) of discount did you get?
    MSRP IS $29827.00 BUT I GOT THIS CAR OUT THE DOOR FOR THIS.THAT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS EJ,QC,RF,SR,VS,Z1,EF,WL TAXES REG.EVERYTHING.PUT N.Y.SALES TAX ON THAT PRICE 8.625% AND I STILL FEEL I GOT A GOOD DEAL CONSIDERING THEY ARE REALLY NOT DISCOUNTING THIS CAR. BUT YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW THAT.
  • blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    Don't want to burst your bubble - but I might. If you read through many of these posts, you'd find that discounts can be had, but you might have to travel a bit. While I'm not sure what Z1 & Wl are, I purchased (ordered) a V6SE w/ your list of options plus NAV & XM for $28k - before sales tax. As long as you are happy, that's all that really counts.
    My dealer will sell me a SEv6 at $750 over invoice. Patience is the key. Toyota plans to make 400,000 Camries. There is NO WAY they can sell these at MSRP unless people are willing to pay it. There is always a few people that just have to have them and thus like the PT cruiser when it first came out early buyers get gouged. If the TCH does not get discounted in the future then it should hold it's value. The V6 however will start getting $1500 to $2000 discounts soon and that's just money thrown away if you were willing to wait three months.

My Hybrid only cost me $30,000 (got a $589 discount) and it's loaded (roof, Nav, leather....)Additionally I get $6300 in tax credits. My deal looks better to me every day.
    Sounds like we both got the same deal.Z1 is the preferred assc.package $264.00- floor mats/trunk mat cargo net and first aid kit.WL are wheel locks $59.00.I too have XM with the JBL stereo.$27,300 before tax.Yes I am very happy with this car and you will be too.Good luck.
  • bbinsdbbinsd Member Posts: 6
    I'm in San Diego. It's scheduled to arrive on the 23rd. I'm never using a salesman again. The fleet manager pulled it up and it was done. I am going to another dealer's fleet manager in the AM who says he can do better. I have the check in hand so it talks. The reserved one is a XLE PKG with nav. This is a better deal then the LE we bought in 1999. :shades:
  • gbabalukgbabaluk Member Posts: 70
    Just picked up my SE V6 at a dealer in Winnipeg, MB and this was the worst experience that I have ever had when purchasing a new vehicle. First, I am 54 years old and have owned at least 10 new vehicles.
    The car arrived at the dealer last Friday, May 12 and they had to install the side mouldings and heated seats. Hence, they had the car for 7 days.
    We get to the dealership and after about 45 minutes of NO ADDED value selling of the additional maintenance, etc., I just say, I want the car. This is at 4:30PM and we have a long weekend here in Canada. We get to the car and it is washed and sitting in the service area which is very dark. I check the exterior and it is free of scratches, etc and the ONLY thing that is missing is the aluminum pedals.
    No problem.
    WE get into the car and drive off. We hit the Expressway and are stuck in traffic with the Long weekend beach traffic and we notice that there is so much grit and dust in the car that everything you touch has a layer of it everywhere!
    They did not even clean the car when it arrived at the dealership! Here in Canada, we pay over $1200 for dealer prep, delivery/freight and they only washed the outside!
    Thanks Toyota! Maybe I was expecting more, YES I WAS!
    I haven't named the dealer, as they are CLOSED on Saturday(Anyone ever heard of this?) and I can't speak to anyone until Tuesday.
    Well, I have vented. Tomorrow, I will spend a couple of hours and clean up the car and decide where I will have this car serviced.
    More to follow, but you will have to wait until Tuesday;
  • sunny12sunny12 Member Posts: 9
    Here is what I got today from one dealer in Columbus, OHIO
    Base Model: $17733.00
    Moonroof Package: Power Tilt/Slide: $752.00
    Preferred Accessory Package(Mat + First Aid): $159
    Destination Charge: $580
    TDA: $499
    Gasoline: $10
    Dealer Holdback: $410
    Shsl. Financial Reserve: $205.00
    Total: $20348.00
    Saleman say I can get the car for additional $300 + Total: $20348.00

Any device?

Thanks.
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Sounds fine.

$20,648 would be $300 over dealer invoice. That's what they were going for 7 weeks ago.
  • jayb82jayb82 Member Posts: 19
    Hello Everyone

I wanted to know if the remote starter is a dealer installed or factory installed option? I'm considering getting the LE with just the JBL stereo.

Thanks in advance
    Jay
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Not a factory install. Dealer, Port or region.
  • agragr Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased the following:
    XLE V6 loaded with FE, HD, NV, SK, VS, CF, DK, Appearance package (wheel locks, pin stripe, door guards).

MSRP: $31,634
    Paid: $28,900 (+ 5% MD tax, $200 tags/title)
  • glanwinglanwin Member Posts: 28
    It looks like a pretty good deal. Here is the email I just received from a local Toyota Dealer.
    We just recieved a new shipment today, and you can get any 2007 Camry LE 4cyl
    MSRP 21300
    Internet Price $20788 out the door including all tax and fees.

Price good till 5/31/2006, and only through Internet Sales Manager at Tustin Toyota.
    There is no moon roof package and it costs $450 more than your deal.
    Has anyone here bought their car through fitzmall.com? How was your experience? Do they ship out of state?
    Thanks
  • jshtickjshtick Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased 07 Camry LE I4 Auto with Vehicle Stability Control and Mats for $20,000 without TTL. Color is Titanium (Silver). MSRP was ~ $22,000.
  • jaydolljaydoll Member Posts: 120
    MA area Toyota Shoppers beware. I just had the worst experience ever at Boch Toyota, one of the largest Toyota dealers in the country (according to their advertising).

I was quoted a price on a 07 Camry recently over the phone at this dealership and was told that this was the priceI would pay when I came into the dealership.

When I arrived today, I went for a test drive and decided I really liked the camry. After we went to the salesman's desk, he came back with a printout of the alleged agreed price that I discussed I discussed over the phone with the interenet sales department.

Well, it turns out that the price on his printout approximately $1350 dollars more than what I had negociated over the phone.

Think it can't gey any worse, hold on to your hat.

The color I really liked wasn't in stock at theis dealer so I asked if they would order one for me. We are talking Base LE with the automatic.

The saleman goes to the manager, comes back and tells me that they can get one for me but it has the sunroof and I have to pay for it. So I tell the salesman that I would be willing to pay for the roof in order to get the color that I want so I ask him to find out the price of the car with the roof. The salesman goes to see the manager, comes back and tells me that the roof and just the roof adds another $1200 to the price of the car.

I will stay clear of this dealership and advise the same.
  • zaku178zaku178 Member Posts: 15
    If you negotiated a price over the phone and they trick you into going into the dealership you can complain to Toyota headquarters and force that dealer to give you the car at that negotiated price. I was given a Quote for $1200 off MSRP for a Prius at a dealer and when I got there the sales manager said it was a mistake and that they'll never sell it at that price. I called Toyota headquarters and they said they HAVE to sell it to me at that price. So give that a try.
  • petincpetinc Member Posts: 2
    If you are looking to buy a car in MA got to Wellesley Toyota. They have the best Sales Mgrs and Service dept.I just got a SE V6 with everything I wanted in 6 weeks.
  • lnllnl Member Posts: 3
    Did anyone buy one in this area? The best price before TTL I can get from several dealers is $19519 which they claimed is $100 over invoice. If taking TTL and other misc fees into consideration, it is about $22,265. Could you please share your price and experience if you bought one recently? Thanks.
  • promoguypromoguy Member Posts: 7
    Just paid on Tuesday out the door with TTL 20702.00. That was based on a sell price of 18,900.00. I did the email thing and figure I got a VERY decent price. That was here in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles where the sales tax is a bit higher than in Tustin.
  • camry07ownercamry07owner Member Posts: 2
    I just bought an 07 camry LE 4 cyld auto for 19100+TTL. This should give an idea for prices in the NY/NJ area. My car does not have any options. I got the 400$ new graduate discount (19500-400). Please send your comments about the price I have paid.
  • jaydolljaydoll Member Posts: 120
    camry07owner,

Hads a really bad experience with Boch Toyota in Norwood, MA yesterday regarding quoting one price over the phone and then selling for another price in person for $1333. more than I was quoted for an LE auto with no options. Boy did that piss me off.

Anyways, I went to another dealer today and got the Camry LE auto/no options for $18600. Im feeling really good about this price.

Word to the wise, Boch Toyota uses dishonest sales techniques over the phone and not worthy of my business.
    Did you finance through toyota, lease or pay cash? I want to get the new graduate discount too but I was told I would have to finance the car through TFS.
  • camry07ownercamry07owner Member Posts: 2
    I am financing through toyota and they applied the 400$ towards my downpayment.
  • eromerom Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you go today? I'm planning to buy a some car and this price looks very good.
  • baccus49baccus49 Member Posts: 60
    I'm a new grad and I'm calling a bunch of dealers to get the best quote. Should I tell them I'm a new grad upfront? Is there a way to get the deal and then get the new grad discount without the dealer knowing? How does the new grad discount affect a dealer's proft - will they be more willing to deal?
  • olt1892olt1892 Member Posts: 12
    Hello,

First time poster here.
    Could someone tell me what is a fair price for LE V6 in Seattle? How much over invoice?
    (Options = JBL CD changer, vehicle stability control, moonroof, aluminium wheels)
    Thanks.

CC
    If you don't mind me asking, what interest rate is TFS giving you? I'm debating whether to finance through my bank or go thru TFS. According to Toyota's website I should get a better rate from TFS having financed a car from them before.
    Do not post e-mail addresses in the forums. If you wish your e-mail to be known to other members, click on Preferences on the left hand side of the page, and mark your e-mail address as public.

Posts with e-mail addresses have been removed.

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• orangeman88orangeman88 Member Posts: 11
    Now are you going to hopefully give an American dealership a chance or are you just going to continue to take it from the Japanese? ;)
  • orangeman88orangeman88 Member Posts: 11
    I would go to any Chevy dealer around rather than bother with Toyota.

In a recent JD Power study Toyota dealers ranked #33 out of 36 makes tracked based on dealership/sales experience.

Why anyone would want to continue to feed the Japanese when they view us as sheep just boggles the mind. :mad:
    Has anyone heard if Toyota will have a memorial day special on the 2007 Camry? either a low APR or cash back
  • aznmaskaznmask Member Posts: 21
    I live in MA.. i wonder where i can get a good price on the 2007 Camry LE V6 AT. i planning to buy it on june. thanks.
  • beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228
    I would go to any Chevy dealer around rather than bother with Toyota.

In a recent JD Power study Toyota dealers ranked #33 out of 36 makes tracked based on dealership/sales experience.

Why anyone would want to continue to feed the Japanese when they view us as sheep just boggles the mind.

I don't care if a certain manufacturer's dealers are ranked 36 out of 36....if they make the best car at the best price for me IMO, they get my money. If someone's a jerk to me, I can be a jerk right back. It's not the car's fault.

For the record, I've never had a bad experience at a Toyota dealer and I've bought 2 new cars and 1 used car through two different Toyota dealerships in my "buying life" (four different if you count test drive experiences). I understand Toyota dealers have a bad rep, but they've always been fair to me.
  • beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228
    I live in MA.. i wonder where i can get a good price on the 2007 Camry LE V6 AT. i planning to buy it on june. thanks.

Ira in Danvers and Boch on the automile have always been able to undercut any price I've been quoted elsewhere. They are by far the largest dealers in the region and probably have exactly what you want in stock at all times. I love getting them to bid against each other.
  • yankeryanker Member Posts: 156
    I am amazed that the HOST let the dissing and stereotyping of the Japanese go by without comment. My experience in the old days was Oldsmobile and Chevrolet dealers were far less than honest as well. Let us not forget that the dealers are local businessmen and must be held accountable not the Japanese who made the car.
    Let us not forget that the dealers are local businessmen and must be held accountable not the Japanese who made the car.

Uhhhh, remember too that many of these "Japanese" cars sold by the American dealers are made by American auto workers in plants located in America.