Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bvegabvega Member Posts: 4
    The lowest quote I got in DFW is from Toyota of Fort Worth for $19,500.
  • aznmaskaznmask Member Posts: 21
    How i can get a better deal for Camry 2007 LE V6? in MA? I really want to buy this car.. in june.
  • moogoo541moogoo541 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a titanium metallic 4 cylinder CE for 17277 and ttll = to 18934 out the door. good deal or no? came w/ floor mats, cargo net, first aid kit, and free oil changes from dealership for lifetime. in so cal btw, was in and out in 40 minutes, easiest car buy of my life.
  • cheapersbettercheapersbetter Member Posts: 8
    Mr Moogoo, that my friend is a smokin deal. I'm up in the Bay area and would hop on a southwest flight for the 2 hour ride to get that price. Mind sharing the dealership name so I can email them for price quote?
    Best I seen up in the bay area for CE is 17988. LE are going for 192xx. These prices exclude tax title and license of course. I've been thinking about teh TCH but can't justfy it costs (MSRP) compared to just the basic Camry (near invoice)
  • filodfilod Member Posts: 189
    'Except on Pacheco Pass this car handles great, it is a long way from my EVO, this Camry is for my wife anyway. It is hard to believe this is just a Camry, it drives and looks great'

DHG - coming from one driving an EVO, this is a good compliment on the Camry SE! I have a black SE because this is what my wife wants, but all the colors just looks great on the 07 Camry.

And great price!
  • machismomachismo Member Posts: 6
    thanks jaydoll for the reply, is ur 18600 OTD with TTL ?
  • jaydolljaydoll Member Posts: 120
    Machismo,

My price was just for the car with mats.

I would like to this oportunity to weigh in on the the car price comparison issue-

If when stating a car price, I believe that just the price of the vehicle is what we are trying to compare.

The following fees SHOULD NOT INCLUDED: tax, title and, registration, as these vary from state to state.

Also, just for comparison sake, it would be great if everyone listed their documentation fee that they are being charged by the dealer. This is the fee that the dealers charge for doing the paper work.

For example, the $18600, that I am paying for a 07 LE/auto is for the car. The documentastion fee is $199.

That's it. I am registering the car myself and will pay the sales tax at time of registration. I will pay the actual registration fee that my DMV when I register the car.

IMHO, this give us all the same data to compare.
  • citymomcitymom Member Posts: 8
    Can someone direct me where to find what the option packages are (ie, option a, option c, etc....)

Thanks.......

and is the voce activated navi woth the extra $ ?
  • futurecam34futurecam34 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have information on the Costco program? is it a good deal, or is it better to negotiate a deal yourself.
  • tweliyingtweliying Member Posts: 23
    Don't recommend costco at this point. They set up a fixed price ($500-1000)over their invoice depended on trim.
  • tweliyingtweliying Member Posts: 23
    www.buyatoyota.com
    choose your zip and figure out the trim you desire.
  • doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    Moogoo, your deal is over $1,000 less any dealer in Denver, even without the extras. Only one dealer here has a CE, but I have not seen it. Aside from the power driver seat, did you (or others) find any significant difference with the LE? Thanks.
  • moogoo541moogoo541 Member Posts: 2
    um ok guys heres the dealio, im in so cal, and the CE price is advertised in LA TIMES newspaper for 17277 for all available models at Claremont toyota and when i went there, they had aloooooot of colors to choose from... well difference btwn CE and LE, i dont really like the auto chairs and was gonna get a better aftermarket alarm so felt it was more worth it for me to save 1000 or so... and the best part about Claremont toyota is they offer FREE LIFETIME oil changes for the car. dunno about the handling, bought the car for my mom. as far as what was charged, it was 8.25 sales tax, CA registration, and 45 DOC FEE. thats it. love that place, it was so fast.
  • taydavtaydav Member Posts: 3
    I've been to a couple dealerships in the Pittsburgh area. The best deal i received was 20,200. These guys around here do not want to give a deal. They also tell me my edmunds and KBB invoices are 700 off from their invoices, but they won't show me their invoices. I'm thinking they are lying. Any suggestions from anyone on how to get a better deal?
  • akim95akim95 Member Posts: 1
    The Libertyville Toyota near Chicago, IL quoted $22,866 for an 07 LE V6 with FE, EJ and CF options. After TTL (state sales tax of 7.75%), documentary service fee, and an electronic licensing fee for plates, we ended up paying $24,869.83.
  • just1guyjust1guy Member Posts: 19
    Watch out for those . I knew a lady that went in for one of those and came out with a bill for over $600 .
    My friend went in for a few of those and gave up after they started charging him for things that were not related to the oil change .
    I guess they are OK if you can stand your ground and not give in to the high pressure sales pitch for any other service or part that they think that you must have .
  • shopper102shopper102 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone here received a great price at a dealer around NC?

For that matter, what price can you expect to pay for an auto LE w/ the standard options?

I was given a quote of 19,200 (don't know if it included dest.) +TTL
    What dealership did you get it from, and how did they treat you?
  • maryann1752maryann1752 Member Posts: 12
    I'm in the Houston, TX area. How much am I looking to pay for the following: XLE Black exterior with Bisque interior with navigation, Smart Key System, Push Key Start and Satelitte radio.
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Toyota of Kirkland, Internet Sales Manager only.

Best price of all the dealers who responded to me. All correspondence by email. Got the total price itemized for a Cashier's check but Mgr. said a personal check was all right.

Went over to look at the car, signed the papers and was gone in 15 minutes.

No hassle on any dealer add-ons, didn't pay the sticker add-ons, didn't get handed off to a credit or acctg. person or another Mgr.

Quick straight up deal!!!!!!!!!!
  • jerryjaijerryjai Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    I'm looking to purchase an XLE V6 with the works (Navigation, leather, heated front seats, XM .....). Has anyone purchased such a vehicle from the San Franciso, Sacramento/Bay area? If yes, how much did you pay for it?

Can anyone please put up snaps of the xle interiors?

Thanks,
    Jerry
  • littlejohn600littlejohn600 Member Posts: 80
    Has anyone here received a great price at a dealer around NC? For that matter, what price can you expect to pay for an auto LE w/ the standard options? I was given a quote of 19,200 (don't know if it included dest.) +TTL

I have purchased a number of Toyota's in NC and most dealers quote "a so many dollars above INVOICE price", but do not include the very high ADMIN or DOCUMENTATION fees. My old dealer is now asking a ridiculous $399 DOC fees. I do not know how much this padded Southeast ADMIN charge benefits the dealer. So be careful.
    Never allow the TTL to get involved in the negotiations since it varies from county to county and state to state.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Taydav,
    Sorry, had a link to Fitzmall's website, which isn't allowed per membership agreement. Fitzmall has a dealership in Chambersburg, PA, which is about 2-3 hours from Pgh. Check their website, and they have LE's starting at 19.2K which would save you about 1K.....for your cost of a daytrip to go pick it up.
  • hkingkadehkingkade Member Posts: 1
    I've been banging heads with dealers for a few weeks and haven't had an offer on 19,200. Was this an off the lot price? Can I ask the dealership? I'm in SC
    Shopper,
    I'm in Raleigh, and the local dealer matched Fitzmall. I was 6 nanoseconds away from buying it there since we have a work location near the Gaithersburg Fitzmall and I could just easily pick it up and drive home (4 hrs). I was really looking for hassle free buying, and the local dealers wanted MSRP claiming limited supplies, new model, yada yada yada. In the end, even with the additional Southeast Region surcharge (MD is out of that area), and the local dealers 399 doc fees...they matched out the door what I could have gotten at Fitz. SC to MD might be too much of an inconvenience for you, your time is worth something, unless you have another reason to sightsee/visit DC area.

I have a number of friends/family/co-workers who are DC area and have bought there and report a top-notch sales and service experience, so I personally would have no qualms about buying out of state. As always a standard disclaimer....your mileage may vary.
  • shopper102shopper102 Member Posts: 8
    I just called one of the dealers in Raleigh, but I don't think it was the same one. Did you price match to the 19,159 price of the LE?

And did they throw in any other options or was that your final price?
    I didn't get 19.2, that is the current price for one of the base LE's from Fitz. Back when I bought they just came out and Fitz markups were higher than the 500 they are now at. It's not an apples to apples comparison, because I also ordered a number of additional features, some factory, some dealer addon.
  • viremiaviremia Member Posts: 1
    I got an Aloe Green XLE V6 with Option E, Smart Key, VSC, Heated Seats (didn't want), Tinted Windows, and Mud Guards for about $350 over invoice with less than $150 in fees this weekend in DFW (FW to be specific).

Experience was fine. I got a few more options than I wanted (VSC and heated seats) but it was at a better discount than I expected. The dealer was very low key and didn't push. Overall, my experience at the dealership was better than in the past, primarily because I did most of my negotions via email and not on foot.

I've put about 200 miles on the car this long weekend and am more impressed with every drive. Much better than my 98 Accord V6.
    i got any price quote from a dealer who responsed to me by email.. actually 2 dealer give me a price quote. a 2007 Camry LE V6 $21,799, and $21,740. Is this a good offer? my state is MA.
  • hwoodberyhwoodbery Member Posts: 5
    Bought my CE (5 speed) for 15988 + 135(floor mats) total out the door was 18,059. No other extras other than the mats. It was an ad car here in orlando (toyota of orlando).
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    Have you tried Jim Hudson Toyota in Irmo? I bought an XLE V6 from them & was very well satisfied with the deal & treatment I relieved. Shopped Charleston & Orangeburg, & none of these dealers came close to the deal I got at Jim Hudson.
    Sounds good. About $200 over dealer invoice!!!!
    wehn they give you the price quote do they include the Destination Charge? or not?

njerald i think it over $700 invoice.. (i forgot to ask if that price is include or without the destination charge.
  • shaopengsunshaopengsun Member Posts: 17
    Could you give details? What is your OTD price? Thanks.
  • rexy5893rexy5893 Member Posts: 20
    I'm ready to sign-on the dotted line, Saturday. Absolutely loved the test drive and comfort of the car!!! Hopefully, we won't get a ticket!! I've read one msg about problems with the Smart Key System. Has anyone else had any problems with it? Maybe I'm from the old school but, not having a key to start up a car is unfamiliar territory. Also, I was informed that I need a Radio Kit $359, for the XM to work. Is that all I need when I sign-up online at XM? And, XM or Sirius? Does one come in clearer than the other? We do prefer baseball - Go Cards!!

We're purchasing as $200 over invoice and happy with that. We've found that advertising fees are negotiable.
  • blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    To get the XM hardware that integrates seamlessly w/ the car radio you need to get the kit through the dealer. You'll get three free months, then it's 12.95/ month for the first account, and 6.95 for up to 4 additional accounts. It came standard on my Odyssey last summer and I now have five radios on my account. XM broadcasts all MLB games. I ordered it on my new SE which I hope to get in two weeks after a 12 week wait.
    Thank you for the information. Knowing it will work seamlessly withe the factory install helps! Do you know if the antenna is placed in the window or above the tail lights in the roof?
    Sorry, I'm from Missouri but, if you go to toyota.com they have a 360 of the interior and exterior. That sight also shows where the features are located and how they work, if your interested.
    Did you order this car or did they have it in stock? Also do you know if heated seats are only available with leather? Were the mudguards, exhaust, and spoiler included in the price? and did you have the dealer install them?
    I have done alot of research on this car and I'm going to order it Saturday. Heated seats are only available with leather. The Chrome exhaust tips are standard on the XLE. The spoiler is only onl the Se Model. We are going to ask them if we get the spoiler will it interfere with the tail lights in the back window. Mudguards are an option which could probably be installed at the dealer.
  • blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    From what I've seen, it's on the rear package shelf. I'm hoping the reception is as good as all of other vehicles (perfect) - which all have external antennas.
  • img1977img1977 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone got a good deal around Minneapolis area? What should I expect to pay for this car? Thanks!
    I was going to order but they got the exact car I wanted the day I committed.

Yes, heated seats are only available with leather.

The mudguards and spoiler I bought on EBAY and installed myself,

The exhaust parts I ordered on-line, installed myself and had Midas make the 16" tie-in.

Did you get any prices yet?
    Hi...could you tell me which dealer you bought from. I'm looking to buy a camry in the twin cities area. Thanks! :)
    Is it possible to get Leather without the seat heating?

Secondly how much is title, documentation, runner and registry cost for the camry 2007 Le V6. I never bought a car before , totally noob.
  • neal1234neal1234 Member Posts: 3
    HI EVERYONE,

READING ALL OF THE INFO HAS HELPED ME MAKE UP MY MIND ABOUT 2007 CAMRY LE.
    I AM IN MICHIGAN AND GOT A PRICE FROM THE DEALER OF $19,270.00 INCLUDING THE FLOOR MATS, FIRST AID KIT AND CARGO NET. OUT THE DOOR PRICE IS $20,705.00 GOOD PRICE? I HAVEN'T GOT IT YET I AM GOING TO GO PICK IT UP ON SATURDAY.

SHOULD I GET THE EXTRA WARRANTY? I SPOKE WITH THE DEALER AND WAS TOLD THAT ITS GOING TO BE ABOUT $1800.00 WHICH I THOUGH WAS TOO MUCH MONEY. IS IT GOOD TO GET IT JUST INCASE I NEED IT?

ARE THERE SPECIAL DEALS GOING ON FOR EXTRA WARRANTY?

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP :D
  • ozarkgolferozarkgolfer Member Posts: 23
    Good luck with your LE. As regards the extended warranty, your dealer is trying to take advantage of you. You need to read this thread:
    martinf, "Toyota Camry: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #3037, 16 May 2006 10:50 pm

Good Luck!
    I think it is possible to get leather without heating. About the taxes & title etc it depends upon where you live. In minnneapolis it's 6.5% tax i think & around 300 for title.
  • 03cobra03cobra Member Posts: 37
    I just purchased a loaded SE at Denny Hecker for 100 over invoice. I suspect you are not going to get this price from general sales at the dealer. let me know if you need a name.
    I haven't sent out requests yet, still deciding on model and options. On the quotes you received, how long were they going honor the price?