Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    They didn't say. I just told them what I wanted and that I was ready to buy after getting all the pricing.
  • zaku178zaku178 Member Posts: 15
    I notice in states such as California there is an option to get a Cloth Trim SE V6 while in the East Coast we get only leather. Anyone in the NJ/NY area manage to get a SE V6 with cloth trim? Its a lot cheaper compared to the leather trim
  • blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    What were all of your options & what did you pay (less tax / title fees)?
  • sppboysppboy Member Posts: 2
    let me know what you guys think about the price they offer to me in Texas.
    2007 Camry XLE V6
    Option include
    CF, FE, Z1

Drive out price 28,800
  • sppboysppboy Member Posts: 2
    can you privde your drive out price?
    Thanks
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Loose the caps man. Your post is very difficult to read and you're "shouting"!

The Sandman :(
  • rexy5893rexy5893 Member Posts: 20
    This Saturday, we are ordering the 2007 Camry XLE V6 with all the options possible, plus the smart key system and the remote start for $28,800. You can negotiate $200 over invoice, with the right dealer. Our MSRP is $32,000.
    The dealer is giving us invoice prices:

The rear spoiler is $595. We're paying $455 for the part and install.

The body side molding is $195, invoice price $115.

I don't think we're going to get the mudguards.

That's the only prices I know of. There were alot of standard options on ours. So, we didn't have to break the prices down.

My husband is a carpenter not a mechanic. If parts were made out of wood we'd be in business!!
    Which dealer?
  • crw1688crw1688 Member Posts: 4
    Is it possible to get a Camry SE 4-Cyl with the JBL Stereo? I've been looking in about a 200 mile range and still haven't found the car i'm looking for. I want a SE 4-Cyl with Sunroof, JBL, Sport Leather Seats, Power Sunroof, Rear Spoiler, and Floor Mats
    Jim Lynch Toyota in St Louis.
    I'll ask the dealer saturday where they put the antenna, and get back with you. Do you have any knowledge about the smart key system. Yeah, or nah? I've been reading up and I sure don't want to get stuck somewhere and have to have my vehicle towed because no one can get into it. While the idea is a great convenience, is the cost and hassle worth it? $2,200 to re-program. And, $150 - $300 for a new fob...hmm..
  • tweliyingtweliying Member Posts: 23
    Burnsville Toyota.
  • percyypercyy Member Posts: 2
    Jaydoll,

Where did you get this price from? Which dealer will offer us this price? I also live in MA.
  • 007lev6007lev6 Member Posts: 6
    I picked up my LE-V6 last week. Gray with leather and mats. I had ordered this car by phone and e-mail four weeks ago, put nothing down and the dealer honored his original quoted price of $23,448 (see post #2840 for pricing details). This was one of the most pleasant, no hassle auto purchases I have made. Was in and out of the dealer in two hours with most of that waiting for paperwork to be processed. No pressure to buy anything else. If in Texas, see the Costco Buying Service guys at Toyota of Plano. 500 miles on the car now and it is everything this forum says it is. Quiet, smooth, comfortable and adequately powered. I think I will enjoy it more than the 5-Series it replaced. One question. It came with Michelin Energy MXV4 tires. Are those decent tires?
  • ieee_raiderieee_raider Member Posts: 20
    "I sure don't want to get stuck somewhere and have to have my vehicle towed because no one can get into it."

How would that happen? Even if your SK battery dies, the smart key has a built-in backup key that goes in the door. Then, to start the car, hold the smart key against the pushbutton and press it. That's it!

Holding the SK against the PB is just like the regular engine immobilizer on the Camrys without smart key. There's no situation where you get stuck by having smart key where you wouldn't be in the same situation with a regular key.
  • img1977img1977 Member Posts: 4
    Hi 03cobra ..... it would be great if you could givme a name. The quote I got from them was just the msrp. I got a quote for CE for 18,609 from burnsville toyota. I'm going to go to the dealerships tomorrow. Thanks for your help! :)
  • tankmastertankmaster Member Posts: 20
    I have sent two people to the same dealer that I went to and they are getting same deal that I received from the dealer.
    Please email and I will give you all of the details. I have to say that I thought by now someone would have beat my deal but not yet.

Anyone looking for a great deal on a LE/Auto in the CT/MA/NH/RI area, also email me for details on how to get the best deal period.
    $600-700 over dealer invoice, about right for Costco.
    Thank you for the information but, what happens if you lose the fob? You can't run to the store and get another key made. Also, locksmith's cannot get into your vehicle. And, I have heard you have to get a new computer system on your car. Correct?
  • jose1962_jose1962_ Member Posts: 22
    just made a deposit to hold awhite le v6 with alloy wheel, floor and trunk mats for the options. price was 21500.00.. Out the doorprice including tax title and tag transfer 24,200,,, is this a good deal.
  • ieee_raiderieee_raider Member Posts: 20
    With today's engine immobalizers, you can't go to ANY store and get a key made. You must get them from the dealership.

The big part of the key has a chip inside that communicates with a circuit near the key-hole. Duplicate keys won't have this chip. They can open your door but not start your car.

I believe all of the Camrys have the engine immobilizers.

(There might be alternatives through buying keyfobs online and having them cut and re-programming them. Not sure for Toyotas)

If you lose it, you do have to buy another and I'm sure they're not cheap. Ours came with a code. All we have to do is call toyota with that code and they'll send a replacement to the dealership where we can get it programmed / whatever. I don't believe there's any computer to replace.

You do get 2 to start with.
  • zaku178zaku178 Member Posts: 15
    Is it possible to have a dealership place an order for a customized Camry SE V6 where you can choose only the basic stuff you see in a SE 4cyl car such as only sunroof/cloth trim or is it required that dealers place orders on packaged options?
  • klaus2klaus2 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Michigan too. What dealer gave you this deal? Thanks
    Yes, it's possible (at least in some regions). I have several posts in the Edmunds Camry forum on my transaction. I custom ordered a V6SE in mid-March and it's due in the week of 6/12. It's probably more accurate to call it "preferenced" - the dealer sends in the firm order / deposit check and when Toyata builds it, they have first preference on it. It takes a while before you find out if it has been "accepted" by Toyota.

I live in Ohio which is the Cincinnati region. Toyota will tell you there is no such thing as a custom order - but I'm getting exactly what I ordered - Black, Charcoal leather pkg, moonroof pkg, traction/stability, all-season tires, navigation, xm radio, and no spoiler.
  • cartune4cartune4 Member Posts: 1
    kiawah,
    Could you please tell me the name of the NC dealer that matched Fitzmall? I'm in Raleigh and have located a couple of cars at Fitzmall but would prefer to purchase locally.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    sure, put your email in your profile for a bit, and i'll send you the specifics
  • ssvp22ssvp22 Member Posts: 4
    Whats yur location and dealer?

-V
  • jerryjaijerryjai Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    I'm contemplating whether to buy the XLE with Navigation or should I invest in a mountable GARMIN GPS. Could anyone please tell me which might be the better GPS system? Is the toyota Nav. voice-activated?

Thanks,
    Jerry
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Anyone has purchase experience on SE V6 or Hybrid in Bay area? Depending on the relative discount, I may pick up either one of them. Any comment will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for updating me with the information. It's been awhile since we've purchased a new vehicle.

I've read how the SKS works. We ordered the car yesterday with it. And, we'll be holding on tight to the fob.

Again...thanks for all the information!
    We bought the "radio kit" and it is an external antenna, on the roof. So, we shouldn't have any problem, hopefully...
    First of all - we ordered the NAV on our SE (due in about 10 days). I've owned a Garmin unit for about five years, and owning one drove me to getting NAV on our Odyssey last year. The main benefit of the Garmin (or other "mobile" units) is that you can move it from car to car - or w/ some, use it while hiking, etc.

Personally, I love having the unit built into the Odyssey. I use it daily - whether around town or in unknown territory. It's always there - when looking for an address, ATM, finding your way around construction or accidents, or plotting the quickest route across town. I like the large screen which is key for any NAV system.

While the NAV on the Odyssey and Camry are both voice-activated, I don't use that feature much on the Odyssey. On the Ody, you can use the touch screen while driving - I've heard that you can't on the Camry. Given the "add-on" price on the Camry, if you're not planning to move the unit from car-to-car, I'd recommend the built-in unit vs the external. Garmin does make great units though, and I'd recommend one to anyone whose needs are appropriate.
    Thanks for you reply. I would ideally like to have a built-in Nav system in my camry, but the only issue is the extra cost (~$1600).

Also, I'm a little concerned about your comment "the Ody, you can use the touch screen while driving - I've heard that you can't on the Camry".

Could you throw some more light on this? Are you implying that I cannot use the touch screen to locate banks/atm/fast food joints once I set the destination adddress on the camry Navigation?

Thanks,
    Jerry
    Hi,
    Does the 07 Camry XLE come only with light wood trim? All the Camry's I've seen have beige seats and light color wood.

Has anyone seen ash color seats with darker wood trim? Please comment.

Thanks,
    Jerry
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    I have an XLE V6 on order; and chose to continue using my Magellan 800 rather than pay Toyota's price for the factory unit. I travel the entire state & it works perfectly in town & in the country.

Less expensive, does a great job; & I can listen to the radio while the 800 does the navigation. Also, I'm not faced with a $1000. or so additional expense when I trade again in 2-3 years.
  • mw1mw1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in buying new 2007 Camry XLE 4 cyl in the next couple of weeks. I live in CT. does anybody know any CT (or in New England) Toyota dealer(s) where I can get good deal on that car? Thank you in an advance for any response.
  • moeharrimoeharri Member Posts: 108
    At this time, only yellow wood is offered. There are aftermarket kits you can get (that stick on), but for now, Toyota isn't offering darker colors (such as I have in my 05 XLE).
  • yawnalot29yawnalot29 Member Posts: 23
    Just got a 2007 Camry LE, 4 Cyc, Automatic transmission from a dealer in Orange County, California for $20500 out the door yesterday (June 4th).

It has 6 miles on it and came with the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 tires.

:shades:
  • parnolaparnola Member Posts: 141
    No problems with the push button start - I love it. It's been in the Prius for years and is showing up in many models this year.
  • cool_guy20cool_guy20 Member Posts: 9
    I got an internet quote in chicago for XLE 4-Cylinder 5-Speed Auto with Heated Front Seats (HD), Leather-Trimmed Seats (LA)Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) w/ Traction Control (TRAC)(MSRP $27,145) for $24,485 + TTL. includes mats.
    The dealer is not ready to haggle on this price. Is this price worth going for :confuse:
    Great deal!!!!!!!!

Right at dealer invoice.

Make sure that there are no surprises.

Ask for a total out the door itemized price with tax and license.
  • bulumaomaobulumaomao Member Posts: 2
    Hi yawnalot29. Which dealer did you go to and any purchase experience to share? Thank you very much!
  • yawnalot29yawnalot29 Member Posts: 23
    Hi Bulumaomao,

I got it from Tustin Toyota in Tustin. When I eventually made the purchase, I had already talked to the following dealers:

Longo Toyota
    Toyota of Cerritos
    Wonderies Toyota (Alhambra)
    Tustin Toyota
    Family Toyota
    Power Toyota Irvine
    Power Toyota Buena Park
    Toyota of Ranch Santa Magarita
    Toyota of Orange
    Toyota of Carlsbad

The reason I talked to so many dealers was because I started out wanting XLE but soon found out it was LE has more of the features that I wanted without the features that I didn't want. I also found out that if you are getting LE, for the Southern California region, you pretty much have to go with a standardly equipped one unless you want to special order. Even options like alloy wheel or electrochromatic mirror was rather hard to come by and VS (Vehicle stability control) is virtually none existance in California. Some dealer will do aftermarket leather upgrade for you.

My experience varies depending on the sales person. There were 3 sales person that I felt gave me the
    straight talk and not playing the usual games. They were from Longo Toyota, Power Toyota Irvine, and Tustin Toyota.

I did initially talked to another sales person at Tustin Toyota when I was thinking of buying XLE. After I did some spot comparison and asked to see LE, he insisted that they don't have LE at the showroom and it would take a while to get LE from storage. And that I didn't want the LE either. In short, he wouldn't sell me the LE. I left without buying that day. He called back 2 days later asking me if I wanted the XLE and when I was going back. By then I had done additional research and was pretty sure that I wanted an LE instead of XLE (for one, I personally hate the wood trim even if it looks more "refine"). So I told him I was already in the dealership there the other day and I still wanted an LE with AW, EC, and VS options. And that I had asked him to check his inventory to see if he's got an LE with that particular configuration. Instead of checking his inventory, he proceeded to lecture me about how I was giving him a hard time and was looking for a vehicle that doesn't exist. In my subsequent visits to Tustin Toyota working with a different sale person, the original sales person in the lot and he tried to lied to me by telling me the other sales person I was looking for was not working that day. I knew he was lying because I had just talked to the sales person I was looking for only 15 minutes earlier on the phone as I was on my way in.

The internet / fleet department from Family Toyota would not give me their "best OTD quote". Instead, they would only give their standard internet quote. And they insisted that I should go in and talk. If I wanted to go in and haggle with them, I would not be bothering with the internet sales department now would I?

The sales person I eventually end up working with at Tustin Toyota basically hook me up from the get go. By this time, I was only looking for a standard LE and no other options. He gave me the lowest OTD quote of anyone by about $200 right off the gate and had done it over the phone (ie. none of that oh why don't you come in and we can talk or I can't give you a quote if you are not buying today bs).

When I went in to make the purchase, I told him I didn't want to purchase extended warrenty or add any other options. He was the first and last person I talked. I was happy I didn't have to jump the F/I hoop.

The whole process took about 2 hours (mostly waiting for the car to get detailed). I spend about 40 minutes picking out the exact car I wanted. Something about picking out my own car even if everyone of them looks the same (I was looking for one with Michelin tire instead of Bridgestone tire and has lowest miles). Then spend another 15 minutes or so on going over and signing paper work. And waited the rest of the time for the car to be prepared.

I am not sure if this is common, but they filled up the gas. The last time I bought a Camry from Toyota of Cerritos, they didn't fill up my gas.

I had a list of the final prices I got from various dealer, but I can't seem to find it right now. Also, I tried asking for the OTD price because:

1) I know the final price that I am paying.
    2) LA and OC county has different tax rate
    3) Every dealer has different fees schedule and amount.

So asking for OTD price gives me a better way to compare.

Hope this helps.
  • dcarladlerdcarladler Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered a Camry LE model at invoice price from Boch
    Toyota in Norwood, MA. Boch is a very large and old dealer.
    Good luck. David Adler
  • tankmastertankmaster Member Posts: 20
    David,

Please tell us what you paid. Also, was it an LE/auto and is it have the floor mats?
    thanks njerald, i will let you know the buying experience when i close the deal.
    can anyone update how much dealers charge for remote starters in 2007 camry, not the MSRP but the realistic price.
  • martinfmartinf Member Posts: 121
    Most importantly, DO NOT BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM THAT DEALER!! I was quoted $1400 and $1300 for a 7yr/75000mile Platinum Toyota Warranty from local San Diego dealers and, thanks to this forum and priuschat.com, I located a list of dealers that discount the warranty. I went with Midwest Superstores Toyota (Kansas, area code 620)at a price of $520, but both Mechanicsville and McGeorge Toyota in Virginia (area code 804) were pretty close at $520 plus 2.5% Virginia Sales Tax. The process was as simple as calling the dealership in Witchita, Kansas, asking for the finance manager, giving him my date of purchase, VIN number, and credit card number. I had the initial confirmatory paperwork from the dealership in about 3 days, and the actual Toyota Warranty in my hands about a week later. DO NOT PAY $1800! If you have, just call Toyota Financial Services and tell them you want to cancel if the selling dealer gives you a hard time. You have either 30 or 60 days in which to do this with absolutely no penalty. You can do a search under martinf and get more details if you like.

I think $19,270.00 is a decent price. I responded to an advertiser special (10 vehicles) at $18,996, but thanks to another dealer who did not have the silver color my mother wanted, we ended up with $18,700, but that was San Diego. For some reason, I could not get any L.A. dealers to come close or even compete. Toyota of Orange, however, would have matched the $18,700. My deal took place on 4/10/06.
    Good luck. It's a great car (basically a half price Lexus ES 350 with a four cylinder engine and cloth seats!!)
  • martinfmartinf Member Posts: 121
    PS: At $520, I think there should be no question about the warranty. GO FOR IT!