Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    I’m leery about buying a first year model, but this car fits us perfectly and we really couldn’t wait.

Good post. And good luck with your new car.

Didn't know the '07 was a first year model. Guess that explains some of the transmission problems some people were having.
  • nfredricksnfredricks Member Posts: 2
    Strthusler

What dealer gave you a price of $18,400 plus title, tag and tax?
  • nfredricksnfredricks Member Posts: 2
    What is the lowest price that an LE can be purchased with no options?
  • dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    Would have to be one left one the lot, this addition will stop being made in May
  • carleton3carleton3 Member Posts: 12
    wondering what people are paying for hybrid versions? i currently have an offer of $27,317 plus tax for a hybrid with leather, sunroof, convenience package,and floor mats. also, an additional $430 (material and labor) if i want the dealership to install xm radio. any thoughts?
  • lessachslessachs Member Posts: 44
    I paid MSRP, a little over $26,000. No leather, no sunroof.
    That was last November. I don't think it's as much a seller's environment today as it was then. At any rate, based on what I paid, $27,300 sounds like a reasonable price with the extras. Good luck.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Camry Hybrids are running about 2K under MSRP at www.fitzmall.com
  • jptpajptpa Member Posts: 11
    I just got an offer for a Camry CE with no options automatic for $17,877 from a dealer in Tampa. Is the best offer I have been able to get. What do you guys think?
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Sounds great. I paid $18,000 for my manual transmission CE (including destination) with carpet floor mats, side moldings, and mud flaps.
  • moneemanmoneeman Member Posts: 3
    I posted this note in the Hybrid-specific thread, but figured I should add it here as well:

I just purchased a Camry Hybrid, and thought I would post my results here. I didn't see many recent price quotes on this board, so perhaps this may help others. After researching as much as possible, I really didn't expect a large discount off MSRP, perhaps $500 - $750 off. In fact, we figured we would end up with an Acura TL because they ARE dealing on those, and the price discrepancy would have been small given Acura's current 1.9% financing. However, we decided to give the Toyota dealer a shot at making us happy. I usually buy cars by faxing a request for a quote to 20 - 30 dealers, then waiting for bids to roll in. This method works great if there is ample supply, but we were picky about the color and options (cloth seats with nav, no sunroof). There were only two within a 2 hr radius, so I called one and asked for the sales manager. I told him the exact car I wanted, that I was ready to buy that day, and would do so if he would sell it to me at his invoice price. We confirmed the invoice amount, and he agreed to the deal immediately. The dealer, by the way, is in West Palm Beach, FL. This made the Camry much cheaper than the TL (which I also like very much), and I'm pleased that we have a hybrid vehicle. So, for those thinking about buying a Camry Hybrid, you can take comfort from my experience that they can be had at invoice (or possibly lower???) Perhaps I started the discussion too high!
    What additional fees did they tack on? SouthEast SET fee? Dealer documentation and/or admin fee? Was this a cash deal, or did you have a trade? Can you give the specifics of the deal.....MSRP....invoice....any add's....title/tax/license...

Thanks
  • base428base428 Member Posts: 3
    Just paid $27,500 for a fully-loaded TCH with leather, comfort and convenience, NAV, sunroof, mats, etc (Option D). MSRP was $30,929. That's $3429 off MSRP. Cya.
  • hoops77hoops77 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I just got a 2007 Toyota Camry SE 4 Door 2.4L 4 Cylinder Engine with Automatic Transmission. The options I got were moonroof package, rear spoiler, carpet floor/trunk mat set, bodyside molding, and all weather floor mats. The MSRP on the car is $24,381 according to Toyota. Edmunds lists the car with an invoice of $21,476 (without the weather mats as they don't include that as an option). The weather mats have a MSRP of $87.
    I got the car for $21,100. This is before state tax of 5% and a $385 fee for title, registration, new plates and the all famous document fees. After everything, the car cost me $22,540.

I was wondering if this was a pretty good deal? Edmunds had their TMV price listed at $22,754 (without taxes etc.), but I'm assuming this is drifting downward now that the Camry has been out for what I believe is over a year now.

Thanks for your input. I could have probably done a little better with more work, but this was quick, easy and didn't involve much haggling, which I think almost everyone hates.

Edit: I'm in Massachusetts and I did not trade in a vehicle.
  • jg6jg6 Member Posts: 70
    Great price and they s/b selling for Edmunds invoice and below now!!
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    Where? What dealership? I assume that price is pre TTL & fees? That is about $250 better than I've been able to find in the DC area. Good work.
  • moneemanmoneeman Member Posts: 3
    Re: additional fees on hybrid purchase

The Southeast SET fee was added, as it is on any Toyota purchase. The only other thing I paid was tax, title, and license. This was a cash deal. Sorry, I don't have the details with me, but I paid the invoice price directly from www.edmunds.com plus $1,616 tax, $214 tag, and $30 document fee. The options were carpet/floormats, ToyoGuard, and navigation system.
  • carleton3carleton3 Member Posts: 12
    did invoice match edmund's invoice or was a regional ad fee added in? the dealers around here all say that there is an ad fee on the invoice, but edmunds never includes them.
  • hoosieriusbhoosieriusb Member Posts: 10
    I want to buy a Camry Hybrid, but I have a strict rule to never by the first year of a model. Therefore, I am waiting for the 2008's to arrive. I plan to buy one the first day they are available.

Anybody have a guess as to when the 2008's (esp. the Hybrid) will be available?

Hoosier
  • mrrk47mrrk47 Member Posts: 104
    Hoosier......I just bought a TCH, I think with all the neg press toyoda got when the 07's first came out regarding trannies, rattlesm tweaks, etc...,I would rest assure that the soon to be world's largest auto maker turned up the quality control in Georgetown to make sure that this generation of Camry holds up the spectacular tradition...a late manufactured 07' will be just as good as the early o8', but who am I ....just a consumer
  • jp_bluefanjp_bluefan Member Posts: 5
    I'm in Southern calif and ready to buy a
    2007 camry le auto
    magnetic grey
    ash fabric
    I got a few quotes from the internet fleet departments. The best qoute was $18,605 (plus fees- lic and tax ect.)
    the only extra i plan on getting is a rear spoiler(which isnt included in the above price). Is this a good deal or can i get a better deal??? What should be the OTD amount not to go over? Regarding trans problems what cars built in what month should i avoid or which are safe to buy? I've never bought a new car so I dont want to get screwed. Thanks for any adivce.

BTW- has anyone got a good deal from the San Bernardino ca area?
  • jptpajptpa Member Posts: 11
    Well, we got the car. Camry CE for 17,877 from Wesley Chapel Toyota in north Tampa, FL. GREAT experience. Love the car. After 7% Tax and TTL plus delivery fee,we paid 19800 OTD. Thank you all for this forum and your help. I followed all the tips here:

1. Had financing ready from RoadLoans
    2. Had insurance ready
    3. Found out the invoice price of the car from Edmund's
    4. Email 5 different dealerships for quotes. The best price I got was $18,350 and I negotiated that down to what we paid.

We love the vehicle!
  • justasimpleguyjustasimpleguy Member Posts: 6
    i paid $32000 out the door for full loaded camry hybrid. the msrp is $31500 in claremont toyota.that's insane. i didn't know what i was doing that time to give them that high price. well, we gave them that price and the salesman didn't even wanna sell it. till i left and got home and they called me we had a deal.i was so dumb to go back to take it. it was a big mistake that i didn't do a homework first. anyway, hope you guys learn a lesson from me. don't get ripped off by the dealer.
  • stlpike07stlpike07 Member Posts: 229
    Is that the price after taxes, title, etc..?

If it has every single option, that isn't a horrible price because taxes and everything probably added around a few thousand dollars to the sales price.
  • dealhunt_101dealhunt_101 Member Posts: 40
    crystalclear, i spoke with route 22 toyota and other dealers as well, but no was one even close to the offer that you got. could you please send the name of the sale person, or any other details that could help me get the same rate that you received? i am not sure if naming the sales rep is allowed in this forum, but any other information that could help will be highly appreciated. thank you.
  • oledaveneloledavenel Member Posts: 2
    I have been reading and researching but, I still did not make the deal today. We were able to talk the dealer down to 20,900 Out The Door on a Camery LE. The sticker was 21,665. Should I have taken it or not? We had not even begun to talk about APR etc. This took around 3 hrs. today. I was hopeing to get some feed back from you all.

Dave in NC
  • oledaveneloledavenel Member Posts: 2
    It was just a basic model no spoiler/ground effects etc. Brandnew, Grey. That just about describes it. :confuse:

By the way this was after I called another Toyota place and they quoted 21,300 in like 1 min. It took 2 hrs. to get to 21,500 out the door with these dealers
    I want to buy a 07 camry le 4cyl auto. I've read about trans problems and such. How do i find out wchich vins# or builds(month) to avoid?
    I want to buy a 07 camry le 4cyl auto. I've read about trans problems and such. How do i find out wchich vins# or builds(month) to avoid?

Read Posts 5068 and 5073......
  • seeleseele Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a Japan built silver Camry Hybrid with remote start, mats, and 9 months free Sirius radio for $24,666 + TTL. This is about $500 below invoice. I would have waited for 08's but federal tax credit get cut in half tomorrow. Dealership is Longo in socal.
  • justasimpleguyjustasimpleguy Member Posts: 6
    yes everything out the door price include tax and everything. fully loaded with navigation and everything.paid $32000 period. how about you guys?anybody has bought the fully loaded camry yet? how much the total price including tax and everything.
  • coolhand3coolhand3 Member Posts: 1
    thanks for this great post; i am looking for one too. so far you are the one with the best detail post and price for XLE V6 /2007.
    Thanks again!
    :) :P ;) :shades: :D
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    It sounds like a good deal to me.
    Longo constantly seems to be able to come up with good prices thanks to their huge inventory.

How much of a tax credit are you getting?

Joe
  • seeleseele Member Posts: 3
    Yeah Longo has a huge inventory. Last I checked, they had 90 Camry Hybrids.
    I believe the tax credit for the Camry is $1300 since I bought the car before April 1. For people who buys the car in the quarter beginning April 1st, the tax credit is $650.
  • mojohybmojohyb Member Posts: 4
    Looks like you got a pretty good deal! I got my basic trim hybrid mag gray plus mats and alarm for $26,280 OTD. Elmore Toyota, Westminster Calif.
  • peligrosopeligroso Member Posts: 42
    I just bought an LE V6 like 3 weeks ago.It has like 700 miles on it and a few chips on the hood.The question is I want to give it back and exchange it for a new SE V6.The reason I want to exchange it is because its giving too many problems.I feel like its a lemon.

The car is very loud when it idles stopped at a traffic light.The engine sounds like a diesel truck and can be felt on the steering wheel.It also vibrates while driving at highway speeds.It seems like the vibrating noise is coming from the front left tire and sometimes can be felt on the steering wheel.Perhaps and allighnment or balancing issue.Lastly, It also wobbles from side to side alot while driving at low speeds and making turns.

The thing is this car did not come off the truck onto the dealers lot.I had special ordered it with the jbl.They didn't have it and said it would take 6 weeks to get.They called me when it was ready and when I picked it up it had 115 miles on it.The reason for the mileage was because they had to get it from the port and drive it back.

I don't know how to go about this problem.I don't want to keep the car even if its fixed under warranty.I'm aware that if it can't be fixed then its a lemon and I get a full refund.I'm really leaning towards the SE now.So my question is how does this work? Do I sell back my car to the dealer and then buy the SE? But in doing that do I lose my money on taxes,registration and title that I paid or is that just carried over towards the new purchase? Can I do an exchange and pay the difference? Thanks.
  • devy1devy1 Member Posts: 14
    Why do the dealers in California give such great deals? Do they have a special incentive to pass on to customers? Also, does anybody have any luck buying in CA and delivering in NJ?
    Thanks
    Delivery acrooss country would cost about $1,000.

Fitzmall is right in your backyard with $2,400-$3,200 off MSRP.
  • gampagampa Member Posts: 78
    90 hybrids!!! Longo Toyota must be HUGE!... no wonder they can give great deals.

Gampa
    Just got my camry le 4 cly auto. It was 18,329 .
    Out the door 20,000
    This also included:
    an alarm
    carpet kit
    Is this a good deal?
    I'm in southern calif

BTW- it was made 3/07.from kentucky. It only had 4 miles and we test drove it so it only has 15 miles.
    magnetic grey
    Interior is ash fabric
  • base428base428 Member Posts: 3
    The $27,500 for a fully loaded TCH was before West Virginia taxes of 5% ($1375). Since taxes vary from state to state, I didn't include them in my price. The only other charge was about $100 for title/plates/fees. Bought it from Dan Cava Toyota in Fairmont, WV after going back and forth between two dealers with the same vehicle. Good luck.
  • peligrosopeligroso Member Posts: 42
    Its hard to believe that no one here can help me and give me advice with the questions I had in my previous post.Anybody?
    Probably because no dealer is going to absorb the depreciated costs of taking back your car. Who is going to want to buy a car which has been previously titled, with 700 miles on it?

What you are going to have to do, is take the car in and have the dealers work on fixing the problems. They'll have to work on it repeatedly without fixing each problem....and only then if they haven't been able to fix each problem could you proceed with lemon law application.

Your other option is to go back to the dealer, tell them you goofed and don't like the car your bought, you'd like a different model, and be prepared to hand over another couple grand.

Good luck.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Its hard to believe that no one here can help me and give me advice with the questions I had in my previous post.Anybody?

I don't think anybody had any advice to give you other than the obvious. When you own a car and you want another you simply have to trade it in or sell it.

Is this your first car buying experience?
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    But in doing that do I lose my money on taxes,registration and title that I paid or is that just carried over towards the new purchase?
    That probably depends on the state. I'm guessing the fees are simply going to have to be paid again. In my state though you only pay taxes on the difference in a trade. may not be the same where you are.

Can I do an exchange and pay the difference?
    In the auto business that's simply called trading it in. And yes anyone can do that at anytime. Be prepared to take a major hit in depreciation and possible extra payment of taxes). If you can afford to lose $4K or $5K this quickly I'm surprised you were looking at an LE in the first place.
  • muddyfoxmuddyfox Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like you're off on the right foot with your new camry. I still have some concerns about this car but my wife chose the camry over the accord so here we are. Just purchased an 07 XLE 6cyl for the invoice price. 28,835. (I beleive MSRP was about 32k)
    Options include... Smart Key, Nav, Heated seats, Spoiler, Carpet and All Weather matts, Trunk matt and net, Body molding, VIP Glass Break Sensors, and a 50 dollar peel-on protector that goes on the rear bumper right in front of the trunk lid.

A few more options than we needed but the invoice out the door price was pretty tempting. The dealer was Dick Hannah Toyota in Washington. I'm still considering the extended warranty... Their offer on that is $1250 with 100 deductible. Also very tempting.

Hope everyone is enjoying the drive... I know I am.
    Don't get taken with that extended warranty.

Search on these forums.

You can get Toyotas longest/best Platinum warranty (84 months/100,000 miles/ZERO deductible) for less than $900 at 2 or 3 dealerships by email.

But some people luv to give money away............
  • bellabriezbellabriez Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at purchasing a 2007 Camry XLE and have not seen any prices posted. I do not want the Hybrid unless you can get a great deal for one. The problem I am running into is that I live by a military base and dealers always inflate the prices. Are there any dealerships in NW FL or lower AL that anyone can suggest?
    You don't need any posted pricing. Use Edmunds invoice price. That's all you have to pay if you are a good shopper.

FL or AL are in the SET sales region so they tack extra fees and useless high price options on the cars. I wouldn't buy a Toyota in the SET region.

Check kbb.com, New car prices, Toyota Camry, 2007, options to see SET charges and their options.

Also look at fitzmall.com, Toyota Camry, for near invoice no-haggle pricing. If you look back in these forums, a number of buyers from the southern US have flown up and purchased their cars there, vacationed and driven home to license their cars (and pay any residence state sales tax).
  • jbriskojbrisko Member Posts: 9
    Wow! I thought Japanese built hybrids are not sold in 2007 any more. They do exist!!!!!! If I could have come across one I was willing to pay thousand more.
  • muddyfoxmuddyfox Member Posts: 2
    Thanx for the tip. I didn't realize you could shop anywhere for the extended warranty. That's good to know.