Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• iplanetiplanet Member Posts: 27
    I got mine for mid 19k w/o any employee pricing or special program, back in October. You should push down to $19,000.00 for LE auto model, if dealer said they have some kind of special available.
  • camry08camry08 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 2008 Toyota Camry LE on December 1st 2007 at Toyota of Fort Worth for $21,264.16 OTD. This price included a $500 rebate.

The Camry LE (Model 2532) came with the following:

4 Door
    4 Cylinder
    Automatic

FE 50 State Emissions
    I2 PDS-with Texas State Inspection
    CF Floor and Truck Mat Set
    P4 Vehicle Shield Package

I was quoted an internet price of $19,199 +TTL for the above ($500 rebate already included). I was told that if I wanted 16” alloy wheels to just add $599 to the internet quote.

So basically I got the base automatic Camry LE with floor mats, 16” alloy wheels and the Vehicle Shield Package for $19,799 before TTL. I did NOT haggle. I just took the price they gave me. It was a decent price IMHO and they were very straight forward. There were NO TRICKS. There were no surprise fees like destination charges. They had the car I wanted in the color I wanted and invited me to come and take a look at my convenience. The internet manager gave me superb customer service.

TTL worked out to be $1,465.16. Below is the breakdown of what was included in TTL.

Sales tax in TX is 6.25%
    Dealer Inventory Tax = $50.17
    Documentary Fee = $50
    License/Transfer = $69.80
    Inspection = $23.75
    Title = $34.00

The price was negotiated before there was any mention of trade ins or financing.

I actually financed about 75% of the price with the dealership. They didn’t give me the best rate. I was given 8.9% for a 46 month term. Again I didn’t haggle, because I plan on accelerating payments so interest rate won’t matter too much. I didn’t check my credit report either, so there may have been a small ding somewhere that I wasn’t aware of. Who knows. You can check prevailing auto loan interest rates at bankrate.com.

This is a true story. It’s not some off the wall lowball impossible to get bid. I simply went to Yahoo! and put in a Dallas/Fort Worth zip code and got a dealer quote. Several dealerships got back in touch with me and Toyota of Fort Worth had the best offer with the least hassle.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I am looking for a new 2008 Toyota Camry LE or SE automatic in Northern California (Sacramento Region). Anybody know the lowest price I get for these models including tax, license and fees. Thanks.
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    I4 or V6? Try Capitol Toyota in San Jose. They quoted me a few hundred below invoice on a Camry SE V6.
    Vehicles built after 8/07 have the latest software.
  • 86Barn86Barn Member Posts: 31
    2008 Camry Hybrid
    $500 over invoice.
    (pretty much loaded)

good deal?
    Depends on your location. Some parts of the country are able to purchase them for a few hundred under invoice.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Don't know where you are, but compare prices online at www.fitzmall.com
    Where can I find the information about built date?
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    On the door jamb by the driver's or passenger side. Look for a white with black lettering plate that has the vin# color code, engine number and build date. Build date is usually on the right hand corner and will look like this for a car built in November 07: Date of manufacture 11/07
    Mack
  • graffixxgraffixx Member Posts: 41
    We are located in SoCal (626 area code) and are interested in purchasing a 2007 Camry LE 2.4L 4cyl Auto.

Has anyone purchased a similar car in SoCal recently that they would like to share? We'd be interested to know how much you paid for yours.

Thanks much!
  • jhsyjhsy Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I've just started requesting quotes from dealers for an 08 Camry Hybrid with Nav, leather, and sunroof. Anyone buy one in the bay area (NorCal) recently and is willing to share their price and dealer info?

Thanks!
  • terijoealvesterijoealves Member Posts: 1
    I bought mine at Walnut Creek Toyota - they were awesome. I got the 2008 Camry loaded for $27,500.00. Speak to John - he is great and the whole experience was really smooth. The finance department and everybody was great - I live in Folsom and it was worth the 1 hour drive.
  • blueszbluesz Member Posts: 11
    I got a quote for 2008 camry LE (standard) AT for $19950.05 Out the door(all taxes, tags, processing fees, inspection, rebates included)..

Here, the tax rate is 3%
  • xicxic Member Posts: 5
    could you please let me know which NJ dealer gave you this great offer $19500 on 2008 Camry LE 4cyl?

Thank you very much.
    could you please let me know which NJ dealer gave you this great offer $19500 on 2008 Camry LE 4cyl?

Thank you very much.
    Here's a $19,044 online internet pricing

2008 LE
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    well, I asked that before, and it was Hudson Toyota, but i spoke with them once and they wouldn't honor the price. to be honest it was a too good deal to be true, since it "included a remote starter" as well. If i was you i would wait for the 09 (coming in jan 24th 08), unless you need it now

Here is the breakdown he put here:

#5818 of 5881
    Re: Camry LE TRI-State deal [beoperson] by beoperson
    Oct 12, 2007 (4:39 am)

Replying to: beoperson (Oct 09, 2007 4:53 am)
    Finally closed the deal on the car yesterday.
    2008 Camry LE Automatic
    MSRP: $21,735 + $199 floor mats
    Purchase Price $19,000 - yes it's well below the invoice!
    Dealer installed remote engine start and did not charge me for it - wow!!!
    I'm very happy with the overall experience!
    •
    •
    •
    •
    •
  • vipcarvipcar Member Posts: 3
    I am getting a quote of $26100 ( 500 below invoice ) for 2008 Camry , Plus there is a $500 rebate from Toyota bringing the cost down to $25600 + Plus TAX (CA).

Loaded with all the options except Navigation and heated seats ( dont need here in CA).

Just wanted to check if anyone has purchased XLE and what's the price they paid.

To me it looks like a good deal. I have not done any negotiations so far , all the dealers are quoting above invoice.

Comments welcome.

Thanks
    Vip
  • verysmartverysmart Member Posts: 7
    I think you may bring them below $25000 at the end of the year. I was looking for the same car, but now I am switching to TCH. Almost same options, but less money and less gas.
    Hybrid is a good option but then you are giving away the power.
    I do 10-12k miles / year - mostly freeway so the cost saving from gas is not a point of concern.

Toyota's rebate ($500) is until 01/02/08....My car is totalled so desperately need a vehicle.

The costs will surely go down when 2009 hits the market in January.

vip
    Before you buy XLE V6, just test drive TCH. You may find enough power there. Especially for a freeway. You also may like quietness.
    You are right: you may not save much on a gas, but there is not much to loose...
    Sure will do that now since you are suggesting. Hybrids are I-4 only.

Quiteness is definitely a BIG factor for which i dropped 07 Accord from my list. Although i am getting an 07 accord for $3500 below invoice :) ...confused though
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I live in Northern, CA and want to know whats the best price paid including tax, license and fees for a 2008 Toyota Camry SE automatic? Thanks.
    Can I just bring this online price to NJ dealer for a bargaining?
    Since this online dealer is not located in NJ, do you think NJ dealers would like to beat this price?

Thanks.
    A dealer will try to make as much money as possible (as would you, if you owned their business). They will really only normally consider the local competition. In my case, I'm 4 hours from G'burg and travel there on business. The dealership is actually right down the street from my business location. So I could very easily buy at G'burg and drive home. I even stopped at Fitzmall to check them out prior to my actual purchase.

You don't say which part of NJ you are in, but I used to live in northern NJ and it's less then 4 hours from you. Many drive or fly in, pick up the vehicle and drive home.

I only posted it initially, as it is a very legitimate reasonable offer and price point for you. When the local dealer tells you they can't possibly sell it at that price, you know they really can, and even at that price others are making a profit. You'll have to decide what it is worth to you to buy locally, if the dealer doesn't meet the price. I actually sat with my local salesman, and reviewed their prices at his desk. He matched their price, even when it was a month after announcement. YMMV, good luck.
    Does anybody get a good deal on TCH with upgrade package A (everything but Nav, leather)? What is the right price?
    It looks like $25,257.00 for your TCH with an A upgrade did not include taxes and registrations? Is it right? Do you enjoy the car?
    Found it. Mine was built on 10/08.

Thanks.
  • rpalrpal Member Posts: 2
    Is that OTD price or before Tax?? Can you please let me know?.

How to get the $500 from Toyota.

Thanks
  • rpalrpal Member Posts: 2
    How to get this $500 from toyota. Is this, we need to get from the dealer or toyota?. Please let me know?

Thanks
    I followed the approach that has been suggested and emailed requests for quotes to 10 dealers in the bay area. I got 6 responses and after about 4 rounds of offers and counter-offers (I simply kept the dealers informed as to what the latest low offer was), the lowest offer was actually $27,250 for a 08 Silver TCH (Nav, leather, moonroof, comfort, carpet/mats - MSRP $31,119). You know you are getting a good deal when dealers stop being willing to match the offer.

I ended up getting a Magnetic Gray since that is my preferred color for $27,500 (MSRP $31,255 / invoice $28,226 - it had two more accessories of rear applique and wheel locks). So I paid about $150 more to get the color I liked. For those that care, it was built in Japan with a VIN starting with the letter J. For what it is worth, even thought I didn't actually go with the other offer, I am confident that it was a legitimate quote from the other dealer (also with a VIN starting with the letter J).

Looks like there is plent of TCH inventory at this time and dealers are willing to go a few hundred below invoice. Happy hunting to those that are looking to purchase!
    Good job! You got a good deal! That was a price ($27250) I am trying to get in Seattle area. No luck so far. I hope dealers will do it after Christmas, but right before end of this year. Does your car have VIP alarm and rear spoiler also?
  • sinjin_dogsinjin_dog Member Posts: 84
    Just bought Super White, 08 LE, $18695 after $500 rebate. This is LE with no options except the trunk/floor mat. Located in Souther Cal (San Fernando Valley). This
    Toyota dealer is a good place to buy, no tricks and professional.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    I've read a couple posts say the Camry will release an '09 Camry in Jan. '08???

how is that possible? Is there some big change coming?
    I thought you had to wait untill May or June to use the following year for a new model release.
  • houstonianhoustonian Member Posts: 2
    I am getting a deal for $28,100 OTD for 2008 TCH with UP/LA/CQ/SR packages. Is this a good deal in Houston.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "the lowest offer was actually $27,250 for a 08 Silver"

"I am getting a deal for $28,100 OTD for 2008 TCH"

I do not think these are good offers considering the fact that in January the 2009 will be released and the 2008 will then be 1 model year old.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    what are you talking about?
    a 2009 model being released in Jan. 08?! :confuse:
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Yep...

mackabee, "2009 Toyota Camry" #1, 1 Dec 2007 5:09 pm

"The 2009 Camry arrives in dealerships on January 21, 2008"
  • csmookiecsmookie Member Posts: 4
    I received the following quote from an Atlanta dealer
    Camry SE v6
    Leather
    Spoiler
    Mats
    Tint
    $25438+tax+ $21 title fee

I was wondering since the 09s are coming out in Jan would there be a significant price cut of the 08s?
  • dugkimdugkim Member Posts: 2
    Orange County buyers,

What is the lowest quote any of you have received for a 2008 Camry LE in this area? Right now my lowest quote is around $18500 after the $500 rebate. I want to get it around $18000.

Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks,
    R
  • mncbabumncbabu Member Posts: 1
    I have got a quote for 2008 4dr, 4cyl, basic Camry LE (no addtional options) as 20,250 OTD in So.California. $20,250 includes everything carprice, tax, etc..Is it a good price? or Am I paying too much?
    I think I got a good deal and didn't feel like doing more rounds of emails. The $27250 quoted price only adds the floor mats and the comfort option, no alarm or spoiler. The spoiler would increase by $400 (could probably talk down to $300). I didn't price out the alarm. I may install the spoiler myself as I've found prepainted ones on ebay for $89 ($25 shipping) that looked pretty good and relatively easy to install.

Good luck with your deal in Seattle!

BTW, I found that I actually got responses from all 10 dealers I contacted, but 4 of them got spam-filtered by yahoo and I didn't check my spam folder in time. If you're doing the email blast, make sure you check you spam folder! Probably would not have mattered too much though one dealer had a very good initial quote.
  • thomas33thomas33 Member Posts: 9
    A month ago, I received a quote for 2008 LE std for $20,400 OTD included tax (7.75%) and everything at Tustin. Your quote seems reasonable by the fact the LE 2009 will be ready by the end of Jan, or Feb next year...
    I'm planning to buy one but still waiting for 2009 LE which may have the Stability Control system as std....similar to Honda 2008.
    Good luck :)
  • aphilipaphilip Member Posts: 5
    Is Consumer Reports price of $14 per car report worth it? I want to know the bottom line price but think that $42 for the 3 cars I am considering, to be a ripoff.

Is there any other way yo get this information?

I was quoted about $23,600 for Camry XLE v4 2008 (plus taxes)
    How much should I negotiate for?
    I appreciate your responses.
    www.fitzmall.com has a XLE (the Toyota 4 cylinder is an inline I4, not a V4) with VSC for 23,155 (MSRP=26,509).......which is a reference point for you.
  • aphilipaphilip Member Posts: 5
    I purchased the report which says $22.4K as the bottom line price - but the dealer refuses to budge.
    I shall have to look at LE now.
    The dealer says $21.9K for LE including heated leather and compass mirror.
  • glenglen Member Posts: 17
    Hello,

Just bought a new 08 CE manual trans for $15,888. (radio ad) +tax +alarm $400.

Fremont Toyota in CA. I worked hard for this price.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Congratulations - that's a great price. I have an '07 CE manual transmission. It's a great car for the price. What kind of alarm, and who installed it? Did you get keyless installed also?
  • glenglen Member Posts: 17
    Not sure who makes the alarm. It's aftermarket though. It has keyless entry and alarm w/shock sensor. It has not been installed yet.

Been new car driving, : ), it has 252 miles now, the gas gauge is still above 1/2! Is the gas gauge linear? How many miles do you get on a tank?

thanks,

Glen