Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sariguptasarigupta Member Posts: 7
    Does that include tax?? Can you share info about your sales agent?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Actually, go buy a set of WeatherTech's for it. They cost more, but are wonderful. You can find many internet sites that carry them.
  • vthakorevthakore Member Posts: 20
    I usually put the weathertechs over my oem mats to preserve them. But thats just me. :)
  • jetfishjetfish Member Posts: 15
    Bought the car @ fitzmall, PA for 20,693 + TTL. No trade-in and got loan from my local credit union. I benefited a lot from this forum and thanks everyone for their contributions to this board.
  • mithermither Member Posts: 2
    Hi,guys:

I am planning to buy Toyota 2008 Camry LE automatic base model in Atlanta, GA area.
    Has anyone bought one recently? I would like to find out about the lovest price I could get on it.
    Thank you very much !

Leon
  • jarnjarn Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a new 2008 LE base (I4), no frills Camry. I did get the anti-theft and floor mats. When I say I just bought it, I picked it up last Tuesday (I've had it less than a week)

I negotiated a price of $18,650 for mine Thats before tax. I had a trade-in that I feel I got an adequate price on (1999 Nissan Altima, they gave me 4K for it).

I put a portion of the leftover due as a down payment and financed about 9K. (so they are making a little money from me that way.)

I live in the NE, so I am unaware of how that affects pricing compared to where you live. I hope this is helpful.
  • ctstmctstm Member Posts: 4
    Thanx to this posting by mk26, I was able to get the same price.
    2008 Camry LE classic silver for 19500 out the door ( with mats + cargonet ).
    This was the best price I got from any dealer for this car.
    If you back calculate, it translates to appx 17,900 + Tax + DMV Fees.
    I realized after I posted that (and 30 mins has gone by, so I cannot edit it) that I forgot to include that the price I was quoted already included the $1000 cash back they were offering at the time.

minor detail... right?
  • saidiadudesaidiadude Member Posts: 49
    Got the following quote in Southern CA:

Camry SE 4 cyl Auto
    - Color-Keyed Rear Spoiler RF
    - Moonroof Package SR
    - Carpet/Trunk Mat Set

Dealer is offering $20,900 (includes Dest charge) before tax, etc. Good deal?
    Picked mine up last night from Jerry's Toyota in Bel Air, MD.

2008 Toyota Camry SE (4cyl/Automatic)
    with the following options:
    50 State Emissions
    JBL FM/AM In-Dash 6CD Changer
    Power Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    Vehicle Stability Control

For: $21,748 OUT THE DOOR! After rebate.

This included tax, tags, proc fee, tire tax and lien fee.
    And I got free floor mats. This was the ONLY 2008 Majestic Grey SE I could find, walked into the dealership at 8:50pm and they were closing at 9pm.
    Thanx to this posting by mk26, I was able to get the same price from same dealership ( DARCARS, Silver springs ).
    2008 Camry LE classic silver for 19500 out the door ( with mats + cargonet ).
    This was the best price I got from any dealer for this car.
    If you back calculate, it translates to appx 17,900 + Tax + DMV Fees.
    Wow, great price! Congrats on the car and thanks for sharing the price. I just started looking in Southern CA and here's the best offer after rebate I've received so far:

Color: Magnetic Gray Metallic
    Options: SR (Sunroof) + Spoiler (RF), Carpet Floor+Trunk Mat
    $20,900 (dest is already included) + tax+fees.

Rebate is $750 in CA.
    BTW, some of the dealers are saying that the SE is only built in the U.S. - I want one built in Japan. What does your VIN start with? If it starts with "J", it was built in Japan.
  • skv73skv73 Member Posts: 3
    does it include the rebate
  • jl582jl582 Member Posts: 6
    Finally pulled the trigger and ended up buying 2009 Camry XLE V6 w/ Nav
    Out the door price including NJ tax, registration fee, doc fee..etc for $30,500. 30.5k is out the door price. That's how I negotiated the final price using otd.

I hope this price can help out people who's in for Camry XLE V6 models. I was told only 2008 models were elligible for rebate so no rebate on this one.

MSRP was 32k and change considering tax is about 2k, I think I got pretty good deal. (at least that's what I like to think so. :D )
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    As I've said before, my Camry built in the USA had only one problem - the hesitation that was completely fixed with a 25 minute reprogramming. This was a design issue from Japan, not an assembly issue.

On the other hand, a Rav4 built in Japan had multiple squeaks and rattles that were all completely fixed also, but it took about 8-10 hours total. So my experiences say that USA assembled is great.

Same with 3 Corollas (2 Fremont, CA, one Ontario Canada - all three Zero problems).

My advise - buy the Camry that you like, don't worry about where it was built. Camry's have a $750 rebate now in my area - great deal!!!
  • mithermither Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your information, I get a quote $18,080 (include rebate), plus TTL, is this a good deal?
    Thanks again!
    leon
    Sounds like a good deal to me (I was very happy with my deal) if you haven't spoken to the finance guy yet, that's where they added in the cost for the Anti-theft. Here in New England, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm no expert, I just walked into what I feel was a worthwhile purchase. (it is my first new car, I have always gone with pre-owned up to this point).

Maybe another opinion would be good beyond mine. With the 2009's rolling out, it seems that now is the time to get some good deals on the 2008's.
  • sleonardosleonardo Member Posts: 2
    Can someone educate me on the best way to get the cheapest 2008 Toyota Camry Extended Warranty?

I am thinking of options that make me buy the warrantly after I get the car at a lower than the price a Toyota dealer will see me at the time of the car purchase.

Thanks!
  • phaworthphaworth Member Posts: 20
    Dealer in Marin California has been running an ad for 2008 Camry Hybrid with $4521 off MSRP of $31119 for a sale price of $26598 plus a $1000 rebate for final price of $25598. I have never bought a car there and made the mistake of giving them my phone number. They never called when they were running these ads( I wanted $4000 off MSRP last Nov) but did call all the time when they were priced higher. Good price but don't give them your phone number.
  • dieselman8dieselman8 Member Posts: 3
    $21,150 2009 Camry LE V6. Includes destination. (no tax, no registration.)

In the Chicago area. I'm a first time car buyer here and would appreciate any advice.

Is this a good deal? average? Thanks.
    Yes. It includes the $1000 rebate.
  • betsredsbetsreds Member Posts: 1
    Got shot down on a 2009 V6 with Nav, leather, homelink mirror, moonroof, V6, stability control, offered $27,500 + tax and fees. Codes are FE, AS, NV, QB, QC, RF, SR, VS.They claimed to not be able to pull the trigger. Will post back tomorrow when they call to see if I'm still intrested.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    I have seen the same for $28,350 OTD so it certainly can be done.
  • toyotamastertoyotamaster Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I just went to a dealer in Chicago, IL there was a online discount coupon for $17,999 and with all Tax, Title and New License Plate Number the Total Cost Came out to be Outa the door was $19,650 4 Cyl, 0 Milage, Automatic.

What you guys think was it a good deal or i could get better deal?

I want to buy the Car Camry LE 2008 Outa the Door for $19,500 Does anyone knows where i mite can find it in Chicago Land Area?
  • popomama1popomama1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello I just went to Toyota site, and the site says the Keyless entry/Smart remote and Driver power seat become standard in 2009 CE.
    I but I also vistied other sites and even email one dealer, and they said there is no new feature for 2009 compared with 2008 CE, which means the keyless entry and Driver power seat are not included as standard.
    I am confused.
    Can anyone answer this question for sure?

Thanks.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    No way, the power seats and keyless are only on the LE or higher end, because those are the only differences between the LE and CE. I think you were looking at the LE, because the CE name has been dropped. The CE is now just "Camry" or Camry Standard.
  • mkkhamkkha Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the post, Why did you buy mats from them ? you could have drill down my message and got the info which I bought it from EBAY, I bought the factory made mats from EBAY cost me $85.You could have saved around $100 still,
    So my total OTD for base LE 4 cyl from Dealer $19300(with $1000 rebate) + Factory made Floor Mats from Ebay $85 = $19385.00
    (I called dealer parts for mats they said $115 , so saving is $30 compare to EBAY)
    The cars they had in stock was factory fitted with Z1 package ( Mats + Cargo Net + First Aid kit ) in my color ( silver). It was listed on the sticker as well. Thats why I ended up paying $200 extra. They did not have anything without mats. The colors available without mats were White, Red and I guess Blue, which were not my choice. I am sure all 3 of them could be bought independently for total of $100 or $120, but the overall price of 19,500 was still attractive :-)
  • tonymiltonymil Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2008 camry se four cylinder with five speed manual.
    options are sunroof, trunk spoiler, nightvision mirror upgrade (the one with the compass) carpet mat set,vehicle shield package( includes lusterizing sealant, sound shield, sealant cleaner and rental car assistance ) Paid 20,350 out the door. I am responsible for sales tax. Is this a good deal? Oh yea color is black. :)
  • newguy15newguy15 Member Posts: 1
    My Dad recommended this forum and Edmunds.com to prepare for shopping for a used 2007 Camry. Realizing it was the last day of the month, and with the $700 cash rebates offered by Toyota, we decided instead to search for a new 2008 Camry. After lots of internet research, and sending out a few emails to "internet" salespeople, we started calling those internet sales departments this morning to look for the model, color, and options I wanted. It was difficult to find the right car locally, but after some work, we were able to get some good pricing info on the model we wanted 300 miles away. At a different dealership, one of the salesman who didn't have an appropriate 2008 model asked us to consider a 2009 instead. Eventually, from him, we purchased an 2009 Camry LE - 2.4L 4cylinder - Auto transmition in Magnetic Gray + Vehicle Stability Control + Floor mats for $20,300 + tax + registration.

I just wanted to share my info here since this site was so helpful in pricing the car I wanted. This forum was especially helpful in an up-to-date picture of what people were paying. Hope this helps the next buyer...

Oh by the way - just because you call the Internet sales department doesn't mean that you get the "internet" sales department. At one dealership, since I didn't have the internet salesman's name with me when I made an initial phone call - the receptionist connected me instead to one of the traditional salesmen. After our phone conversation, we met with him to talk about his inventory and prices. We received the "traditional" sales approach, and continued our search elsewhere. For anyone reading, I'd highly recommend finding a dealership's real internet salespersons. The ones I called today seemed to cut to the chase faster that the traditional salespersons I spoke to. They weren't as inclined to play as much of the games I was hoping to avoid using the internet.
  • jbanana1977jbanana1977 Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,
    I had been looking for a 2008 Camry for about 2 weeks. What I did is I requested quotes from all dealers within a 50 mile redius from my house. I would get the quotes and then email the internet departments of the other dealers telling them what I had recieved for quotes and if they could match or beat the price. I ended up purchasing a 2008 Camry LE with a sunroof, floor mats, bumper protector, in Magnetic gray, for OTD price of 19,845. The sticker price on the car was 22,675. They gave me the mats and bumper cover for free. Which wqould have been a sticker price of $22,935 if it had been factory installed options.I was originally looking for the same car, but with just a sunroof. So before tax, registration, doc fee, and after rebate, the price was 18748, (19498-750 rebate). I thought this was a great deal. Anyone agree? My advice is to never step into a dealership without getting quotes from all sources. And make sure you ask what the doc fee is. I got a quote for 18748, after rebate, from one dealer, but their doc fee was $298. The dealer I ended up buying the car from had a doc fee of $95 for a difference of $203. So by asking the right question I saved an additional $203. What do you think?
  • ppx_cnppx_cn Member Posts: 1
    It is a great deal. Did you negociate with dealer when you step in the local office? or everything is done by email?
  • chicagocamrychicagocamry Member Posts: 29
    That's a very good price. Which dealer is this?
  • trevorrtrevorr Member Posts: 3
    hello...do you mean Jerry's Toyota on Bel Air Rd? I did not see your originla post. May I ask what you paid OTD for it? And I guess they obviously gave you a better deal than Bill Kidd? I am looking at same vehicle and was there last week. They seem to have enough in stock. My e-mail is trevsdad@si.rr.com. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Bob
  • tqd85tqd85 Member Posts: 3
    The Internet Price is only applicable to this specific vehicle as identified by the stock number and VIN. All prices and payments calculated above are plus Taxes, Tags, and a $340 Processing Fee. New Vehicles are plus Delivery Processing & Handling Fee, $660 for cars, $685 for Vans, Trucks, & SUVs.

So when when it says "plus" does that mean it is already included in the internet price or no?
    Yeap, Jerry's Toyota on Bel Air Rd.

2008 Toyota Camry SE (4cyl/Automatic)
    with the following options:
    50 State Emissions
    JBL FM/AM In-Dash 6CD Changer
    Power Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    Vehicle Stability Control

For: $21,748 OUT THE DOOR! After rebate
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The ad sounds like buying a car is $1000 more than the price they list..

Price + $340 processing + $660 Delivery, processing and handling..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kevin319kevin319 Member Posts: 1
    If I was to get a brand new 08 Camry LE auto 4cyl including power moon roof and spoiler, what is the out the door price I am looking at? Is it possible to get it for around $18,000? Also, since the 09 Camry is coming out, will the price of the 08 Camry go down? Thanks in advance.
    What I did was I gotr all the quotes before I went to any dealership. I would then email the dealers saying that I got a lower quote from so and so dealer until I got them down to the lowest price they would pay. I also asked each dealer what their document fee was and added that in. Tax, title and registration is a fee which would be the same no matter where you go, but the document fee can vary dealer to dealer. When I finally went to the dealership after I sorted, and calculated, I made sure that I brought all the other quotes I received. I just printed all the "car dealer" emails I received, from the all the dealers, not just the one I was going to. You have to make sure you ask specifically what the price does and doesn't include. I would recommend never going to the dealer until you have exhausted the internet quoting, calculated all out the door costs, and researched the vehicle you are purchasing. This way you go into the dealership on a level playing field so to speak. The person giving you the quote is most likely not going to be the one you will see at the dealership. So you should have all your back up ready ie. Quotes, emails, research etc.
    I did the same thing.

I checked pricing at the following dealers, with the same options:
    Darcars AutoGroup
    Antwerpen Toyota
    Toyota of Bowie
    Bill Kidd's Toyota
    Waldorf Toyota
    Carmax Toyota in Laurel
    Jerry's Toyota.

But my one big thing was color, it had to be Majestic Grey and it had to be a 2008 inorder to receive the $1k rebate.

Initally Darcars gave me the best deal but by the time I was ready to buy (Sat), they had sold the last two Majestic Grey's available from there three md/dc/va dealer, then I remembed that Antwerpen had one, and they too had sold there's the evening of Sat. I had one dealership left that had the ONLY 2008 Majestic Grey available and that was Jerry's Toyota. I called them at 8pm and spoke to the salesperson and confirmed it had the options I wanted and threw an offer to them with free floor mats. I was on hold for about 10 mins and then the salesperson said he could the deal and for me to come in right away. I got to the dealership at 8:50pm and the place closed at 9pm. I had the deal wrapped up by 10:50pm and was walking out the door happy! Got her for $21,748.32 Out the Door after rebate.

Had a great experience! :)
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    If I was to get a brand new 08 Camry LE auto 4cyl including power moon roof and spoiler, what is the out the door price I am looking at? Is it possible to get it for around $18,000?

You should spend some time reading through previous posts. 18K (out the door price) is NOT even possible for a base LE unless you have no sale tax in your state. :confuse:
  • merlion0821merlion0821 Member Posts: 143
    Being that there are no Majestic Grey Camrys, your quest could go on for a very long time. However, if you were looking for a Magnetic Grey, you would probably be able to find one. ;)
  • trevorrtrevorr Member Posts: 3
    Good evening. sounds like a great deal!! who did you deal with at Team Toyota? Congrats and have lots of safe miles!

RR
    LOL! I keep getting the two mixed up, your right...Magnetic Grey! ;)
  • jatmobilejatmobile Member Posts: 22
    I dealt with a James Cockcroft.... nice guy...
  • merlion0821merlion0821 Member Posts: 143
    It's a great color though, whatever they call it. :)
    I couldn't agree with you more. :P
  • shand32783shand32783 Member Posts: 76
    These numbers are taken from a dealers invoice sent to me. SHould all these fees be included in the vehicle invoice price or are the just add ons to inflate and give them more money in the pocket?

Vehicle Base $22054
    Accessories $2276
    Destination Charge $660

Here's where it gets confusing...
    TDA $529
    Gas $10
    HOLDBACK $ 507 ( I thought toyota actually gave them this)
    WSHL Financial Reserve? $253

Total invoice $26289

Are those last 4 fee's actual fee's that I should consider or just junk charges?

Thoughts? Facts?

Thanks
    What kind of camry, ce, le etc. And what kind of options?