Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• selvamselvam Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2009 Camry base model (what is called CE earlier) from a bay area dealer. Paid 17,500+title+tax with 2.9%APR for 5 years.
    I bought CE instead of LE as the difference was only the keyless entry and Power seat. My other car has the power seat and have used it only handful of times in a year. I might install remote lock/unlock system at a later time. In my opinion the Prius is costly as I did a break even calculation using the excel spreadsheet(using $4/gallon gas). The price difference was unacceptable. This car is just for my daily usage of 80 Miles.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I have never heard of the actual value being less. You do lose a higher percentage of MSRP to depreciation if you have nav because the factory nav loses most of it's resale value after a few years, but it never goes negative.
    If you are going to get an XLE anyway, it may be worth it to some, but the cost of upgrading from and LE just so you can get nav probably would never be worth it. JBL is also part of nav, so that's why the nav is cheaper on the XLE (that has standard JBL than it is on the Hybrid. It's over $2000 for Hybrid models.
    I would probably get the nav for $1200 if I were to get an XLE, but I only need an LE and would use a portable nav if I were to get a Camry.
    The screen would actually be higher on the factory nav because I would rather keep the portable down low behind the cubby door so I wouldn't have the hassle of having to move it and hide it somewhere else whenever I parked.
    I have already tested this scenario with a rental Camry and it was usable especially since I rarely had to look at the screen. I could rely on the audio alone for instructions 99% of the time and it was still in my lower peripheral vision even being that low. If it says "Turn right on Main Street in 500 yards" there is no reason to look at the screen. I could probably get by with the screen turned off most of the time.
  • skalvaskalva Member Posts: 2
    Goergia folks -

Just bought the 2009 Camry LE (Base model without any options) from Cherokee County Toyota in Georgia today at a total drive out price of $20,850. The price includes dealer fees, Fulton County Sales Tax, Tag etc. and the entire process was smooth and done in one hour.
  • lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    What's new Camry financing options for May? I know that Toyota offers 0% interest for 36 months on Corolla and Honda offers 0.9% for 36 months on 2008 Accord. Can't find any information on Camry financing...
  • learnintoflylearnintofly Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a TCH at Walnut Creek Toyota in Northern CA. MSRP was $25,350 for the base model. Add floor mats (199) and rear bumper applique (69) plus $660 for destination charge, and the MSRP goes to $26,278. Dealer had an ad in the paper offering your choice of 18 similarly equipped at $22,988. I expected the run around, but they were true to their word. I could choose from 6 different colors. No hassles. Is this a good deal? I live about 75 miles from Walnut Creek, and with at least a dozen dealers between us, I couldn't find anyone else dealing on this model.
    Just curious.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    I seldom use the NAV in the TCH, however I am glad I have it for the other features it provides for the hybrid driver..

If I were inclinded to want (or need) a NAV system, the advantage for me for the built in model would be the screen size. The portable units I have used are too small for me to see without putting on my reading glasses. Even the newer 4.5" screens are too small for my tastes. They, like all options, will depreciate substantually, but it will add some appeal on resale, no matter how out of date it is. In the case of the TCH it shopuld provide a lot of interest though. I wouldn't want a Hybrid without the energy screens.
    Voice guidance on good afermarket GPS (aka Garmin with TTS) so good that they rarely need a look at them when driving. BTW cars will built in NAV have worser resale value then non NAV. Look at the article in USA today

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-05-08-navresale-usat_N.htm
  • nascar9900nascar9900 Member Posts: 48
    jaxs1

"I would rather keep the portable down low behind the cubby door."

How well did the portable unit pick up the satellites with it mounted so low? I would prefer to mount a GPS lower in the car for the same reasons you stated, but assumed that would seriously degrade its performance. (Did you use an external antenna?)
  • shand32783shand32783 Member Posts: 76
    I too couldn't find anything online. All Toyota.com is saying is that's it's banner sale. No specifics.

Anyone have an idea?
  • jhayesjhayes Member Posts: 10
    Just got an OTD price quote of $27331, MSRP=$30118. The car has everything minus the NAV and 18" wheels. The price is invoice price, Is invoice price a good deal or should work for a lower price. We will be purchasing the car by financing either 0.0% for 36 months or 2.9% for 48, no longer than either of those.

Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
    is 0.0% for 36 months available for 09 Camry? How did you find out?
    I went to one of our local area dealer website. Click on financing and then incentives. Once there, choose vehicle and then it displays information.
  • sulu17sulu17 Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I am in market for a car right now and you seem to have gotten a good deal. Which dealer did buy your car? I live in bay area as well.

Thanks!
    BTW cars will built in NAV have worser resale value

LOL, yeah but increased depreciation does not mean "worser" resale value. That particular option will depreciate at a higer rate than other option, but will still have value. Again though, I would never buy it in a non hybrid vehicle.
    Most newer GPS units will pick up the signal fine with even very low in the car with no need for an external antenna. I had a portable nav a few years ago that wouldn't work unless it had a clear view out the window, but many of the newer ones from the last year or so are extremely sensitive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OwuaqSuF_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRsIziuQAvk
  • sueeddysueeddy Member Posts: 1
    I just stumbled on this website and wondered if anyone would be able to assist me in our purchase. We are looking at a 2008 V6 Camry, but I've read mixed reviews regarding reliability. I'm unsure if this is a carryover from the 2007 problems? Any insight you can give me would be helpful.
    We are from Wisconsin and have a MSRP of $30,497 for the 08 with leather heated seats/sport pedals/JBL AM/Stereo CD changer, 50 state emission/ rear spoiler, power tilt moonroof, vehicle stability and the full floor/trunk mats, first aid kit, cargo net. Their is rebate of $1500 and they are offering another $800 reduction in cost. Any thoughts on this deal? Thank you...
  • certpharmt15certpharmt15 Member Posts: 40
    I am currently in the market for a 2009 Camry LE, Automatic, Magnetic Gray Metallic with only the Sunroof and 5 piece mats. I am in Miami, FL and I got a price for 20,500 plus TT&T. What do you guys think???
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I personally would recommend staying away from the V6 in both the Camry and Accord. The Camry 6 speed transmission has potential for flares, and the Accord engine has reported VCM 6-4-3 vibrations.
    Yesterday, I recieved a quote for an 2008 v6. These vehicles are located in Kansas City, MO. My wife wants a 2009 so we'll be passing on the 2008.

MSRP: $30149 (White or Red)
    OTD: $25258
    I saw an ad on TV for zero percent financing for 60 months on 2008 Camrys.
    There probably isn't much selection of 2008s left though.
    Doesn't surprise me at all Toyota projects first full-year profit drop in 7 years

I'll wait for 0% financing on 2009
    I don't necessarily see Toyota following the US manufacturers game of huge discounts on new model cars. GM, Ford and Chrysler have all hung themselves with their overproduction and eventual discounting. No one in their right mind buys one of their products until the 0% and large rebates hit. It's a self defeating marketing ploy. It's cost them a lot of money. Toyota won't panic over a bad quarter. Their drop was simply a smaller gain whereas the Big2 and Chrysler are bleeding.
  • loves2readloves2read Member Posts: 48
    Toyota has two hybrid models doing pretty well and other smaller engine conventional cars so I am surprised that they had a losing quarter at all in some ways
    I wonder if it had anything to do with the dropping USD

and I wonder if it had anything to do with some of the quality control issues--reliability reports for the V6 Camry are slipping and that was one of the bedrock parts of their fleet---
    Honda already offers 0.9% for 36 months on newly redesigned Accord. With low prime rate today car makers don't loose much but make cars more affordable. Camry design already dated and if Toyota wants to move them then offering low financing on 2009 would be logical thing to do. I don't see that happening this month but most likely by the end of summer.
    The might as well offer -1% for 12 months. Few people finance for less than 48 months and most finance 60 months.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Toyota has two hybrid models doing pretty well and other smaller engine conventional cars so I am surprised that they had a losing quarter at all in some ways

It's not a losing quarter, as in they had negative income, they still had profit, just less. And with Toyota's profits, that's still truckloads of money that they made.

Not surprising at all, considering the economy...
    Just brought a 2009 Camry SE v6 tonight. Magnetic gray metallic with dark charcoal interior with everything except the NAV and VSC. My wife gets the new car and I get the old faithful 2002 Camry SE v4. We went with the 2.9% for 48 months (no money down), the 0% for 36 months made the payments a little step for me.

MSRP = $30169
    OTD = $26353 + TTL

Also, got them to throw in door sill enhancements. Don't know if it's a good deal or not but there is no looking back now. We did view the dealers invoice and we got the car for $500 under invoice. There were only 2 cars in that color in our metro area so the shopping around was VERY limited.
    jhayes, where did you buy your car? Interesting how they already offer 0% for 36 months for 2009 model. Dealer in Ohio, quoted me $300 under invoice and offered me additional $1,000.00 off the selling price OR available financing of: 2.9% for 36 months 3.9% for up to 60 months (with approved credit). I'm not sure how good his "invoice" price is since Edmunds doesn't have invoice price on 2009 yet.
    lucky_777

I got our deal in St. Joseph, MO. Are you saying that they offered you a total of $1300 under invoice or the special APR? The special apr is a sweet deal if you can get it. For example, the deal I got if I got regular finance for 60 months, I would be paying an addditional $4000 vs my 2.9% for 48 months.

They gave me dealer hold back money, they told me it was $500 which put me under invoice but who knows, maybe it's more than that, I just don't know. I also know that Toyota is offering $500 rebate or special APR. The fact that I saw the invoice, I'm pleased with the deal and I know that I didn't pay more for the car then what the dealer paid. Getting the door sills enhancement was just my way of trying to sweeten my deal. The sills are an additional $160 msrp or about $130 cost. I'm all for dealerships making there money, I just don't want them to get rich off of me, LOL.

Just remember, someone will always get a better deal but it's nice to see the different deals everyone gets.

After driving my wife's new car, I told her that I might have to get one myself. This time, we'll be trading in our 2002 Camry SE v4, man is my 14 year going to be mad at me since we said it would be hers in a couple of years. Just kidding but it's a very nice car.
  • rrosellrrosell Member Posts: 17
    Quote on a 2009 XLE V6 Camry with vsc and heated seats, MSRP, $30,495, buy for $26,249. I'm worried about the transmission problems, though I haven't heard anything about the 2009 model. Any information on the transmission problems. I like Cadillacs, but they are too troublesome and expensive to repair anymore. Same with Mercedes!!
    rrosell,

I'm hoping the transmission has been resolved, Toyota has ad enough time to resolve the issue. If anyone has an 2009 model, let us know how things are going especially regarding the transmission issue.
  • plknjplknj Member Posts: 121
    What transmission problems??? Have a 2007 TCH and have not had any problems...
  • iceman9294iceman9294 Member Posts: 5
    Here is the deal that I just got in Colorado Springs last Friday. I was very pleased with the buying experience and no haggling... After receiving this quote, the other dealers in CO could not match.

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (White ext. Beige interior)
    Plus the following options:
    Carpet/Trunk Mat Set

Comfort & Convenience Package Includes:
    50 State Emissions
    Leather Package Includes: Power Driver
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/ Dual
    NAV/Bluetooth/Sirius ready
    16" Alloy Wheels W/P215/60R16 Tires,
    Wheel Lock

Retail Price: $32,331
    Invoice: $28,378
    Your Internet Price: $28,878

laid down a hefty down payment 75% and financed 3 years.
    What transmission problems??? Have a 2007 TCH and have not had any problems...

Do you read the threads???

Technically the TCH doesn't have a traditional transmission and there are no problems with the PSD that I have heard of. However when the new body style came out in 07 there were several problems, mostly with the V6 models I believe.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who had considered purchasing a Hyundai Sonata and ended up purchasing another vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com before Friday, May 16, 2008 with your daytime contact information and what you ended up purchasing.
  • bkushnerbkushner Member Posts: 10
    Hi learnintofly, I saw the 22988 ad on walnut creek a couple of days ago. It has expired and is gone from their site. Do you have a copy of it? I want to use it for leverage.Don't worry,
    Found it!!!
  • tarugstarugs Member Posts: 16
    I'm in the market for a 2008 4 cyl SE, and I happened to saw this on ebay but was not ready to make a purchase then:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%- - 3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260223927568&rd=1

This dealership has sold other camry's at below invoice prices:

I have now used this pricing for comparison on the internet quotes I am getting here in the DFW area. I contacted the dealership that posted this sale and they informed me that shipping to my area will be around $600. We already have a 2008 LTD HL and would like to replace our 1993 camry. Any thoughts on the practicality of buying from out of state and having it shipped for an additional $600 with the total cost still coming out lower than local dealerships?

PS - Some part of listing shows it as used, but I have verified with dealer that this is "BRAND NEW AND NEVER TITLED" as shown in another part of description.
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who had considered purchasing a Hyundai Sonata and ended up purchasing another vehicle.

LOL, they should be talking to the people that bought Hyundai and regret it. Those that didn't buy the Hyundai and got something else really don't know what they avoided. (Sorry all you Hyundai owners, don't bash me, just go to your own blog and bragg if you want)
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    I don't know where you get your info from, maybe you are one of the few who got a bad car, but My Veracruz has been flawless since I got it. I don't regret having it one moment, I enjoy driving it, and I get compliments on it every where I go on how nice it looks and how the color sparkles. I have had Toyota's that had nothing but problems, yet Toyota makes a fine car. I currently have both a 2009 Camry Hybrid and a 2008 Hyundai Veracruz. The quality of some of the materials in the Veracruz are far superior to the materials in the Camry. Don't bash what you don't know.
    this thread is about HYBRID Camrys--why are people posting prices for regular V6s???
    why don't their posts get moved
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Nope...

Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

You might have got here through the Hybrid forums, but this is for all Camry Prices Paid...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is hoping to talk with consumers who had considered purchasing a Hyundai Sonata and ended up purchasing another vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com before Friday, May 16, 2008 with your daytime contact information and what you ended up purchasing.
    Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bob_grahambob_graham Member Posts: 63
    Bought a 09 Camry Hybrid - UP Package - Carpet Trunk Mat set.
    Sticker with Freight = $27,359

Concord Toyota / Concord CA had an ALL in stock sale 4/26/08 - $23,995.

Had zero hassle. They said better pick the color and test drive quickly as they were moving them. Picked a Black / Beige unit.

Agreed to make the purchase and they stood by the newspaper pricing. I think this was about $1000 below invoice.

My guess, they were moving them to build up the allocation for summer when the gas hits 4.50 + in the San Francisco area.

Had friends go the following weekend and they were told that was a one time deal on the Hybrids.

FYI, I went to Walnut Creek Customs on North Main and ordered the Sirius Satellite. They do cars for the Toyota dealer around the block. The price was 1/2 of the price the dealer wanted, installed. had the windows tinted and a clear bra installed. Satellite radio sounds great with the JBL 440 system.

The first tank avg was 40.3 MPG. This may be the perfect car for today's gas prices.
  • bkushnerbkushner Member Posts: 10
    Nice price, too late for me though. boo hoo.
    I don't regret having it one moment

I'm not familiar with the Veracruz. However two of my friends have Sonota's. It is a nice car but gets no where near the FE they expected. Additionally, you mention you don't regret "having it" and I believe my main gripe with Hyundai would be when I want to get rid of it. If you get the same resale % as you do with your TCH I'll be surprised.

You'll also find on this board we love to bash what we don't know :P
    I don't plan to ever get personal knowledge about a Hyundai so I guess the articles I read and my friends comments won't allow me to form an opinion, so'll I'll now shut up and we can get back to Camry prices
  • alanmilleralanmiller Member Posts: 10
    Just purchased a 2009 TCH from fitzmall.com in Chambersberg, PA. Drove 2.5 hours to pick it up and am very happy with it. Got 18mpg of premium on my way there, got 43.7mpg of regular gas on the way home.

Purchased:
    White / Gray
    All options (nav, carpets, etc.)
    MSRP $31,269
    Invoice $28,256
    Paid $700 over invoice
    Paid $200 to get color/leather combo traded from a dealer 3 states away

Total with all taxes/fees: $30,488

I was very happy with the deal. No haggling/negotiating. I deal with Wendell and would definitely recommend him.
  • nkaizernkaizer Member Posts: 25
    On my 09 TCH I think it came with DVD Navi version 7.1. I found a guy on the internet who created version "8.0" while keeping the old version of 5.0 enabling the override of the speed lockout device for the phone and Navi. He sent me the DVD for $49, plus $20 in shipping. It was a little steep, but it really ticked me off having the Navi cut out while driving. Anyway, the guy may still sell them on ebay. I asked him to lower the price for shipping, but well, no doing. If you can't find it on Ebay, I might be pressed into service of making a DVD copy and getting it to you. It's not an ordinary DVD. It's something like DVD-RW =+ or something like that. My office computer doesn't recognize it, but I'm sure Kinkos could copy it.
  • dodge1515dodge1515 Member Posts: 3
    Have been looking at 09 Camrys and hve been offered 09 Camry XLE V6 w/Nav, mats, stability Control, heated seats and smart key with MSRP of $31,870 for $28,500 including destination fee but plus TTL. Is this a reasonable deal or can I do better. Any in put would be appreciated
    I think price is determined to a good deal by location--what is your area like--is the economy moving--how many cars do you think this dealership sold this month
    how many V6s do they have on the lot like this--
    look at the registration tag on the front windshied--at least in TX that is where it is--a car that has been on the lot more than a month should be moved--they have lost the hold back on it....
  • shand32783shand32783 Member Posts: 76
    First question is what are the incentives right now on the 2008 or 2009 Camry?

Anyone know if Toyota will sweeten the pot on 2008 or 2009 Camry's this Memorial Day weekend?

Thanks!