Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• loves2readloves2read Member Posts: 48
    what do you think is forum is all about---
    read some posts---
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    Lets see, 40 MPG, room for 5 including two in car seats, comfortable to drive, great sounding stereo, AC that gets cold(compared to the Prius). Yes it is well worth it! Did I mention 40 MPG?! You will not find a new Accord that will get anywhere near that.
  • okamuraokamura Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a 2009 Toyota Camry LE V6 with only standard features in Classic Silver Metallic for as close to $21.5k as possible as that is the price I have been reading people getting on this forum. If anybody knows of a killer deal like I am looking for on a Camry please let me know!

Here are my results so far in my search for anybody else interested in the same car I am looking for.

Quality Toyota in Corona, CA
    The best OTD price they offered me on the phone was $24k

Riverside Toyota in Riverside, CA
    The best OTD price they offered was 23k but the car wasn't going to be in stock until this Friday.

Crown Toyota in Ontario, CA
    Avoid this place like the plague as they do not have the decency to tell you no over the phone but resort to playing typical car salesman games. They offered me 22k I immediately went to their dealership, they showed me a 4 cylinder and I told them to show me the car I asked for then they said they couldn't do it for the price they told me earlier. The "manager" told me the best he could do was 25k.
    Quality Toyota in Corona, CA
    They called me back and offered 23.2k

I have seen several people on this forum in this thread get the car for 21.5k-22.5k OTD please advise if this is a good price I am being quoted or if anybody knows where the best deal on this car is. Thank you
  • poshwalakaposhwalaka Member Posts: 3
    go to west/south orange county. much, much more competitive rates. i suggest elmore toyota. they're a no-fuss dealership. i just walked in, asked how much a camry v4 was OTD, and they gave the price 20.5k. told them another dealer was offering 20.1k, so they decided to do that price instead. don't buy the alarm for 1k, and they should give you free oil changes for two years. for a V6, ask for 22k OTD. honestly you should have gone at 4th of july/memorial day sale. people are off work so there's more customers on the lots so the salesman will want to get business done as fast and efficiently as possible.
    I got the car tonight at Quality Toyota in Corona, CA for smoking deal. It only took 45 minutes to get everything done. NO hassle, and it was an extremely pleasant experience.
  • macno0bmacno0b Member Posts: 22
    Hey guys,

Can i buy an alarm system on ebay and have it installed into a brand new camry 09 without having the warranty voided?

I heard from the salesman that I need to have it done through them to keep the warranty status intact.

I never trust a salesman before so I want to confirm with you guys.

We are talking about $500 different.

Thanks
  • james108james108 Member Posts: 34
    As I mentioned in my previous post, we got it at MSRP - $5,500 on July 4th. It's less than 21.5k OTD.
    Hey guys,

Can i buy an alarm system on ebay and have it installed into a brand new camry 09 without having the warranty voided?

I heard from the salesman that I need to have it done through them to keep the warranty status intact.

I never trust a salesman before so I want to confirm with you guys.

We are talking about $500 different.

Thanks
  • rolypolyrolypoly Member Posts: 5
    Camry LE Automatic
    Only options were:
    -rear bumper guard
    -preferred accessory package
    MSRP-$22,4XX

I paid $18,588 including destination.
    Tax/title not included since that varies based off your zip.
    thats a steal. Are you in CA?
  • camrytpacamrytpa Member Posts: 8
    Here's a quote for Tampa, FL

2009 camry LE V6
    Only option is mats/cargo net
    No trade in

MSRP 24,964
    Before tax/tag 21,000
    OTD 22,500
    I just bought one in Chicago for 21,200 OTD (19000 selling price). The best price in my area. almost $900 under invoice. I don't know how the hell the other guy can get it for $18500
  • camrytpacamrytpa Member Posts: 8
    Maybe he bought a 4cyl. James108, 4cyl or V6? Inquiring minds want to know.

:confuse:

Karen
    Yes,

I got an LE V6(268hp) with floormats at an incredible price 21,2xx OTD on July 4th.
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    Hi,
    We took delivery of a 09 TCH last weekend and are VERY satisfied. We also got a great deal. I probably should not post the exact deal here in the forum. Not sure whether I'm allowed to do that here. Suffice it to say, it would be hard to beat this deal.

I can refer you to the salesman I dealt with if you lke. Email me and I can put you in touch with him. I bet he would sell to remote buyers. I live in Nashua, NH.

Regards,
    Steve
  • jatmobilejatmobile Member Posts: 22
    Actually, if you read the rules of the forum, its okay to discuss prices, rates, terms etc. Its the mentioning of sales people's names and locations, that is frowned upon, or not allowed.

so.... fess up.......
    There have been 3~4k discount for v4 and 5~6k for v6 in CA. The price of base camry v4 is now close to a corolla. So far, having driven 400mi, we like the v6 very much. Comparing with my older camry, the interior material is worse, but the performace is much better. Recommended.
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    I got $2025 off of MSRP for almost a fully loaded 09 TCH. As I recall, it was about $800 over invoice.

Steve
  • skelzoskelzo Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone... I'm an Edmunds.com newbie so please have a heart and go easy on me, lol. I'm in negotiations via email with a few local dealerships and I'm trying to feel out a fair price on a Camry.

I received the following quote this week on a 09 Camry XLE V6 with VSC, Nav, smart key, heated seats, mats, and side molding:

MSRP: $32,264
    Dealer cost: $28,337
    Offer: $27,481

The offer was made by a (supposedly) no haggle dealership which was matched by another local dealership. Both in Boston area. Good deal or should I keep at it?

Thanks in advance for any of you kind enough to reply. Take care.
  • seatoyotasalesseatoyotasales Member Posts: 36
    GRAB that one asap before the end of the month!
  • chicagocamrychicagocamry Member Posts: 29
    That's a good price. Which dealer in the Chicago area did you get it from?
  • pj1369pj1369 Member Posts: 16
    I just got a 2009 CAMRY XLE w/ NAV, leather heated seats, wood trim center console, VSC and traction control, and carpeted mats plus trunk mat.

MSRP - $29499 (not including mats)
    Invoice - $26526
    Negotiated Price - $25676 ($850 below invoice + rebates)
    ----------minus $500 Factory Rebate
    ----------minus $400 Factory Graduate Rebate
    OTD= $24776 + $100 (doc fee) + TTL.

Total was $25,847.

My goal was $25.5K OTD. Since I went over my goal I negotiated 5.69% financing (and free 5-piece mat set), eventhough I got the rebate (it is normally either or)...-so they threw in the special financing, which was better than my bank's 6.39%.

In the end, I feel like it was a good deal. Any thoughts?

355 Toyota in MD was really good to work with - it was almost too easy --- at the dealership I felt like I should have asked for more, lol --- but I think that always happens when negotiation goes well.
  • jmahtews13jmahtews13 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a 09 camry se 4 cyl with cloth.

MSRP- $25,330

they offered $23,200.

is this a good deal?
  • asanvanasanvan Member Posts: 5
    Hi - I'm looking to buy 2009 Camry LE 4 cylinder with Sunroof and Leather Seats.
    I live in Seattle, can you please share the best deals or price that you have got around this area for a similar car. I'm currently debating on V4 and V6? any recommendations here?

Thanks much
    San.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    go with the 4 cyclinder--- simple.
    There is no such thing as an LE Camry with factory leather in either a 4 or 6 cylinder. You need to either get an SE or XLE. I sell Toyotas here in Seattle, send me a private message and I will hook you up San.
    It depends on how many miles you drive daily. If it's less miles as I do, I would choose a V6. If you driver a lot, choose Hybrid. Read the reviews and you will find what people care about Camry. The <10% cost in gas for me could not justify the difference between V4 and V6. Same for the Hybrid as well.
  • asanvanasanvan Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reponses...I got a response from a dealer in Portland.

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4 Cycl, + Leather + Sunroof + Carpet Trunk mat Set + destination charges

for 21483$ + 200 $ for documentation fees = total 21683$ (doesn't include registration)
    What do you say for this deal?

Is it a good buy? or folks are getting less than this price around Seattle/Portland area? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks much!
    San
    that's a good deal for the LE + leather + sunroof. but i think the leather is dealer installed and will tamper with side impact airbags. i'd take it! cloth is hard to clean.
    also about the v6. if its only 1k more than v4, why not take it? mpg is practically the same and the power is PHENOMENAL.

110 more horsepower for 1k?

i'd take it if i got a second chance to buy a camry.
    Its about $500 over invoice and their is currently a $500 rebate on the 09 Camry's which will expire on Jul 31st. The price you are looking for IF you wanted heated leather seats will be $500 more. I am sure the price you got is for non-heated leather.
  • karabarnettkarabarnett Member Posts: 3
    Is $21,829 OTD a good price for a 09 Camry LE, i4 in Houston?
  • djdakinedjdakine Member Posts: 3
    My first post, I usually lurk the forums for great advice. We're trying to buy a car for my gf parents. And we've been quoted in Nor CALI
    25,100 6 cyl SE +tax/fees/etc
    and 22,700 4cyl SE (which we didn't even want) +tax/fees/etc
    options include: JBL bluetooth stereo, moonroof, spoiler

She's been coming across loc dealers who aren't willing to negotiate. They basically made her feel like she couldn't afford the car when she asked if they could do better. Told her she probably should get the 4 cyl...and basically had an attitude of not wanting to help, and even openly stated to talk to another rep. I know the process is difficult, but I can't believe the exp she had. Reading the past 2 months post, I find a lot of people having difficulty with nor cal dealers. I'm just trying to get a price close to what others have on here. I'd much rather go through the process, but I don't fly in for another week. Has Toyota really gotten to the level where sales people can treat cust like that? they're actually considering an Accord,which I really rather not! Any recommendations? possibly waiting till labor day for something like the JUL4 sale?
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    Maybe this is why Honda has sold more cars than Toyota. Go to a Honda dealer and see what they do on an accord (not saying buy one exactly, but check them out and get back to us). I do know there are dealers around me that are fixed on MSRP, especially on the Hybrids, but I have a dealer I bought from in the past that gave me a great deal on a TCH.
    File a complaint at toyota's website. As far as I know, the dealer really cares the survey that I gave to toyota. From my past experience with its customer service, they're responsive and reasonable. Toyota has been trying to get the #1 title in the world for years. It includes the huge discount for its excellent cars. I think it deserves the title and can make it in 2009.
  • gwingeegwingee Member Posts: 54
    and I really want a Camry Hybrid...what is a fair price for one...do not need a Nav system ...would like XM radio..as I have that now in my Honda CRV, and leather seats are nice but can do without if I need to..what is the going rate in florida, can anyone let me know before I go to a dealer??? I appreciate your help. :confuse:
  • djdakinedjdakine Member Posts: 3
    23,632 +tax (rebate already inc)
    jbl bluetooth stereo package, rear spoiler, moon roof

that's the best i've been offered. thought?!? thx in advance
  • rolypolyrolypoly Member Posts: 5
    in norcal. i'd be happy to recommend my salesman, just PM me your email.

Car was 4 cylinder. OTD was 20,4XX for alameda zip code.
  • ricoucfricoucf Member Posts: 21
    Hello Everyone,

This was my deal for a black grey interior Camry Automatic '09 CE only option Carpet Mats I'm from central florida:
    Price of vehicle: 17046
    Dealer Fee: 949.00
    Elec. Reg Fee: 24.00
    Lead acid Battery fee: 1.50
    Florida new tire fee: 5.00
    Sales Tax: 1081.53
    County Tax: 25.00
    Lemon Law : 2.00
    Florida tile reg: 34.35
    Subtotal: 19168.38
    Rebate: -1000.00
    OTD: 18168.38

It was in the newspaper ad if that car was in stock and I was lucky it was. No hassle, but I was vigilant and they "mistakenly" threw the dealer fee on top of the price, but the newspaper ad said it was included. To their credit they did fix it right away. The financial person was straight talk the only question he asked quickly do you want any extended warranty or oil changes and I said no. So no upsell. Was out of there with in an hour and a half. The only difference that I saw was that they priced the vehicle 16999 on the newspaper and they sold it to me at 17046 (not fighting over $47 dollars).
  • gwingeegwingee Member Posts: 54
    No one in S Florida can give me some help for a Hybrid price?????
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    You say the dealer fee was in the price of 17046, but you show it adding on to get to the 19168, Looks like you paid an extra dealers fee.
  • quixotic1quixotic1 Member Posts: 23
    Hi,

I live in S. Fl. but was not able to find any good deals there so I bought in South Carolina.
    The best way to go about shopping is to do it over the net. Don't waste your time with salespeople, just email to the internet managers and do not show up until you have the deal you want. If they email back with stuff like "come in and we promise you the best deal", etc. be emphatic that you will not come in until a price has been reached. Play the dealers against each other ie; he said this, can you beat it?

This is the best time (the end of the month) so get to it!
    Yes it might look that way but the rebate was also included in the price advertise "All offers include the SET Rebate and $949 dealer fee"

The price advertise is 16995 w/dealer fees and rebates.
    16995 +1000 rebate = 17995
    17995 - 949 = 17046 price of vehicle

Before the second transaction they tried to set it up this way:
    16995 + 1000 = 17995 first price it received.
    then tack on the 949 delear fee.
    Like I said they did fix this quickly

Questionis do you think the OTD price was good enough?
    It is illegal under this law to do that (blately):

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) .Service advisors that tell customers their warranty is automatically Voided if they add wheels, remote starts, fog lights, etc are IN VIOLATION of Federal LAW. For best results, consider working with customer service-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers.

If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov

Think of it as Dell not letting you upgrade your memory and voiding your warranty if you do. That would suck and would be unfair to consumers.

Now make sure there is no further restrictions within your state. Check your manual. Now remember burden of proof is in the manufacturer, but if they prove that the problem was a result of the alarm installer they have the right not to fix it . That is why I would not go to complicated systems such as remote start I myself just bought a Camry CE for a great deal and decided to install a remote keyless entry system. Very simple system in which I'm doing it at a reputable place with lifetime warranty. I personally would not spend three times as much from a dealership mechanic and not from alarm installers that does this for a living everyday..
  • gbengagbenga Member Posts: 1
    Hi PJ1369:
    Does the car have an automatic transmission or is it stick shift and is it V6? I just bought a LE V6 from a dealer bowie for $26,789 and its not leather seats doesnt have the navigation and wood trim. I'd love to go change it for your specs. Please let me know if possible today. Thanks. I called them and they said if i can show proof of such a deal they'll do same for me. Thanks again.
  • pnguyen2pnguyen2 Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering buying the 08 XLE V6. It's fully loaded with options include: Navigation system, Smart Key System start button, and Toyogard Protection. The OTD price on it is $26882. What do you guys think?

I've offered them $26000 even but they've said no. I thinking about making them another final offer of $26500. What do you guys think?

Opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks
    Did you read the next post from pnguyen2? Your number seems too high for an LE V6 with NAVI. His is an XLE V6 with NAVI and other options though it's a 08.
  • tcletcle Member Posts: 1
    Hello!

I have recevied the following quote for Camry LE - 4Cyl.
    Is it Good One?
    Please help me oit.

Option :
    CF- Carpet/Trunk Mat Set
    CA-California Emissions
    SR-Moonroof Package:Power Tilt/Slide

The following is the breakdown:

Vehicle Selling Price is $21,209
    Documentation Fee: $349.00
    6% CT Tax is $1,293.48
    CT New Plates $170.00
    Total Out the Door Price is $23,021.48 (not including rebate)
  • upsdhlgoupsdhlgo Member Posts: 2
    I got an email from a dealer (SoCal)

The best price he can offer is $21688 for a Camry LE V6.
    The sticker price is $24,499.

Is this a fair price?