Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• joelyjoely Member Posts: 12
    Has anyone bought this spec for under $19,000? with 0% APR?

If you have, pls let me know the dealership name and location. Thank you!
  • fh88fh88 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to buy a Camry LE (auto) in Mass or NH, the best e-price I received is $18743 (after $650 rebate), add 5% tax, documentation and plate fee of $411, final OTD price is $20091, can anyone tell me if the is a good price?
    Also I would like to trade in my Camry 97 LE (auto), average condition with 180,000 miles, any thought of the trade-in value ?
    Thanks.
  • pam4waterpam4water Member Posts: 14
    Wow, are documentation and plate fees that high in Massachusetts? All I know it from readying this forum, but it seems like an OK price. The drive price factor seems to be: "how crappy is the local economy?" California's unemployment rate is edging over 8% and the banks aren't making loans. That is driving prices down. How is the economy Massachusetts?
    I've heard speculation that there is another 600-800 in wiggle room under the invoice price listed on Edmunds. That still leaves another 800-ish in price difference. I think the lost deals have been 17,500? There could be more incentives in California. Not all incentives are made public. Or it could be a lose leader.
  • dbmddbmd Member Posts: 1
    The best price I have gotten for an LE is 21200 before TTL with either 1000 back or special financing. Similarly, the CE is offered at 19900. Either way, the prices seem a whole lot higher that what were posted here. I am just wondering if anyone has gotten the ~19300 on a LE in the Houston area. Or this is only in the northeast and west coast. Thanks.
  • rvs2000rvs2000 Member Posts: 40
    which dealer is offering the best deal in chicago area ?(something like 17500-18000) thanks
    Hi!

I want to ask your opinion on this quote I just got from the Toyota dealer:

For 2009 Camry LE with moonroof = $21,498 (incl.TTL)

For 2009 Corolla LE with moonroof = $17,810 (incl.TTL)

Dealer also said that I can take $1,000 rebate or 0% APR. Do you think I can do better?

Please help me. Thank you!

P.S. I am located in Los Angeles, CA.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That does seem high, even by TX prices on the Camry. I've seen them advertised here ranging from $19,425 to $19,795 for the LE so there definitely is some room to negotiate with the dealers. Unfortunately many dealers here want to add on extra fees which raises the prices, especially in comparison to the east and west coast prices.
  • lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    Keep in mind that advertised prices have rebate already included and all other fees excluded. If you want 0% financing then rebate amount will be added to advertised price. Doc fees in some states can go up to $500.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Very true, here in TX doc fee is $50.00. What often occurs is they try to hit you with high dealer prep fees and of course the added gulf coast fees that often times drive up the price compared to other areas.
  • rfrg10rfrg10 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know how these dealers can offer 5 cars at this price? Is it a true price or are they just trying to get people in the door and then add on extras to the price? I saw a similar deal in the Friday paper from Power Cerritos. However, all the internet quotes for a standard 4-cylinder, automatic LE are around $18,500-19,500.
  • waltchanwaltchan Member Posts: 124
    Power Toyota Cerritos has more than 120 Camry LE I4 autos in-stock, and get 10 from shipment everyday. The ad price is the price you pay. No gimmicks, no hassles. The way it works is the dealer tries to sell all their oldest inventory first for $17,477. Manufactured date is probably July 2008, based on the VIN #. 50% of the Camry LEs for $17,477 will have more than 30 miles on the odometer due to test drives. The internet quotes are for the newest Camry LEs in inventory with manufactured date of October 2008 and less than 8 miles on the odometer. Of course, not everyone will want to pay $17,477 with 30 miles on the odometer. If a buyer wants to pay more with lower miles due to concerns with quality and prefers the one with a stronger new car smell, so be it.
    Thanks for the good (and interesting) info. So, if they have a lot of the "older" cars in stock, is it possible to just go there to get one anytime? The internet guy at Power said to go in early on Fridays in order to get that deal. Also, should there be any quality concerns if there are only around 30 miles on the car?
    Last time I was there, they will only do 5-10 Camrys for $17,477 every weekend. You cannot select. It's possible that the colors availabe suck. They have a paper written with all the VIN #s available from the ad near the parts department. If the VIN # is highlighted, it's already sold. If the VIN # is not highlighed, it's still available. All 10 Camrys from the ad price were highlighed, meaning that all Camrys for $17,477 were sold and they will not do anymore for $17,477. If you need to get one on other days, most likely you will need to pay invoice price. Friday morning is the beginning day for their weekly ad prices and your greatest chance to select. You should not be worried with quality concerns at all, even with 30 miles.

Check out Hooman Toyota at Long Beach, CA. They are selling 3-5 Camry LE I4 auto every week for $17,388, cheaper than Power Toyota, but selection is more limited.
    The fitzmall site has a few LE automatics between 18,600 and 19,600. If I read the site right that includes the destination charge and the floor mats which I think are extra in 2008s. Are the prices they post on their site negotiable, or are they the lowest price?

How do I tell if I have to pay sales tax in too states if I get one from Maryland?

Is Friday the best day too check the news papers for auto ads in all states?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Out of all of their dealerships, there are two in that area that are Toyota, Chambersburg PA and Gaithersburg, MD. You only pay sales tax in PA, since you're from Pgh.

To my knowledge, their no-haggle prices are no-haggle, I've never heard of anyone getting a better deal from them than their web detailed prices.

Give them a call, I've always found them very pleasant to deal with, and extremely helpful for any and all questions. I've shopped them for Toyota's, a Nissan, a Suzuki, and a Chevy, but they have other brands as well. For Toyota's, I've been to the Gaithersburg site, but have only driven by (and called) the Chambersburg one which would be one closest to you.
    It seems like all dealers would need to do something like this to get rid of cars that have a lot of test drive mileage on them. What do they do with cars once they get too many test drive miles on them and nobody buys them? I'm thinking that there are probably other dealers around SoCal that are doing this type of markdown, too, but maybe just not announced (if anyone knows of any others, please share!).

I assume that all these cars are basic, stock LEs with no options. If I wanted to add the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) option, is this something that is installable or does it have to come from manufacturing?

Thanks again for all the great info!
    The only option included in all ad vehicles is floor mats. Otherwise, vehicle stability control is not included.
  • wclarkjr1wclarkjr1 Member Posts: 19
    I live in NC. Excluding TTL and the current incentives, what is a good price for a
    XLE V6 and a LE V6.

Thanks.
  • kev6873kev6873 Member Posts: 11
    I am looking to trade in my 2004 Camry XLE. It has 55k miles on it. Blue book says its worth about 10,500 in Good condition.

With that said, im looking to trade it in for a NEW 2009 XLE. What should I expect to pay for a new 2009? Can someone give me an amount i can go into the dealership with so i dont get screwed? Out the door price would be great!!

Here is the internet quote I got: He told me that my car is worth 16-17k!!!

pleased to inform you that the Toyota Camry that you have requested is available!
    MSRP on the following vehicle is $28,634
    Your special E-Price:$24,350
    This price includes Toyota manufacturer rebate of $750

Factory Installed Accessories: FE HD LA VS
    Port Installed Accessories ..: CF

Retail
    Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 25575.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 2339.00

MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE
    2.4L 158HP 4Cyl DOHC 16V VVT-i SFI Eng.
    5-Speed ECT-i Automatic Transmission
    16" Alloy Wheels w/P215/60R16 Tires
    Power Assisted Rack & Pinion Steering
    4-Wheel Disc Brakes
    Temporary Spare Tire
    SAFETY
    Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
    Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Airbag Sys (SRS)
    Dr & Fr Pass Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
    Front and Rear Side Curtain Airbags
    Driver''s Knee Airbag
    3-Point Seatbelts w/ALR/ELR Pass Belts
    Child Restraint System (Latch)
    Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System
    Engine Immobilizer with Alarm
    EXTERIOR
    Integrated Fog Lamps
    Halogen Auto On/Off Headlamps
    Daytime Running Lights
    Color-Keyed Pwr, Heated Outside Mirrors
    Chrome Exhaust Tip
    COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
    Power Driver and Passenger Seats
    Sliding Center Armrest
    Dual Zone Auto Climate w/Pollen Filter,
    Rear Vents & Plasmacluster Ionizer
    Cruise Control
    JBL Digital AM/FM/MP3 6-Disc In-Dash CD
    Chgr w/Bluetooth/8 spkrs,In 6 Loc,440Wts
    XM/Sirius; Req''s Subscr, Antenna & Recvr
    Homelink Universal Transceiver
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/ Sunshade
    Reclining Rear Seats w/ Center Armrest
    Wood Grain Style Interior Trim
    Power Windows w/ Driver''s Auto Up/Down
    In-Key Remote Keyless Entry System
    Power Door Locks w/ Anti-Lockout Feature
    Tilt/Telescopic Steering Whl w/Controls
    Var Int Wipers/Auto-Diming RrView Mirror
    w/Compass/Rr Personal Reading Lamps
    Manually Retractable Rear Sunshade
    Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 25575.00 $ 25575.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    Driver and Front Passenger Heated Seats .... 440.00
    Leather Package including Power Seats ...... 1050.00
    Vehicle Stability Control w/ Traction ...... 650.00
    Control ....................................
    Carpet/Trunk Mat Set ....................... 199.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 2339.00 $ 2339.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 720.00
    TDA .........................................:
    Gasoline ....................................:
    Dealer Holdback .............................:
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................:
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 28634.00
  • tmurali73tmurali73 Member Posts: 2
    I'm started looking for Camry LE and the quote I got is for $19,516 (including all the rebates and fees - on the road price). $18743 is a little better price than what I got.
    You can NOT add VSC after it leaves the manufacturing line.
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    you can add vsc but it would be so labor intensive and costly,. look for one with it already installed and save your self so big bucks
    You're right, I stand corrected. Technically I guess you could do anything with enough money. From a practical and financial perspective, it's not feasible.

I interpreted the posters' question as to whether it is a normal dealer installed option. I specifically wanted that feature on mine, which is not that common in my region. Worked with the dealer to determine it couldn't be added, so we went after want of the few VSC's that were targeted for our region. In the toyota region north of us by 2 hours, VSC is very typical.
    I guess I'll have to phone them. I sent them an e-mail two days ago, they haven't responded. I got an automated response so I know they got it.
  • rscotts54rscotts54 Member Posts: 47
    I just flew from Texas to the DC area to buy my Toyota Camry Hybrid (TCH) from Fitzgerald Auto Mall (FitzMall).

I got the car for about $150 over INVOICE.

The car was priced out for me ahead of time and they didn't try to "Change The Deal" after I arrived.

John, from FitzMall, picked me up at BWI and took me to the dealership.

The car was detailed and full of fuel. I was driving my way back to Texas in a little over an hour after I arrived at the dealership.

Highly Recommended, Fixed Price, No-Haggle transaction!!!

Note: Their prices on the TCH seem to have gone up since I ordered the car a few weeks ago. However, they seem to have several TCHs in stock. I suspect they will go back down soon.
  • nighshftnighshft Member Posts: 3
    Ordered mine by phone 2 months ago - got it fully loaded, ( Nav, satelite radio etc...) from Competition Toyota, Long Island NY.
    included will be

P2( wanted Sirius not XM satelite and got it)
    GO
    BM
    SR
    LA
    UT
    CQ
    did not buy the floor mats, (can do better)
    price31,649.00

I was happy with it - looked for several months, beat up a lot of salespeople....no one was able to match this
    When talking to other dealerships, all claim that the ~$17,400 price is just a gimmick to get people to come in and that when you get there, there are no more cars at that price. Has anyone out there actually purchased a Camry LE at this price from any dealership?
    You will need to arrive at the dealership on Friday morning, 1 hour prior to opening. It's based on the first come, first served basis. If you miss it, then wait next week Friday morning again. Hooman Toyota of Long Beach is doing the $17,388 price again, starting on Saturday morning.

The smaller Toyota dealers are always hesitant to do at the $17,400 price because they earn fewer revenues, although service is often better. Only the larger Toyota dealers will do at this price, like Power Toyota. Power Toyota is the #1 Camry seller in the United States.
  • aokhanaokhan Member Posts: 15
    hi, any update on LEv6 prices for people? Whats the best price one can expect?

thanks

ak
    hi waltchan - any good deals on camry this weekend in ca? can we expect better deal on thanksgiving day? thanks
    Discontinued promotion. Hooman Toyota now wants $17,999, and it's a loaner vehicle. So sad...
    How much are you willing to pay max? There's always excellent deals on Camry every weekend, so why wait now and let the 2009 becoming older everyday. The price will not go any lower for the rest of the model year. The price will increase to $18,999 when 2010 launches in three more months. Buy one now, and enjoy your new Camry. :shades:
  • bakcarbakcar Member Posts: 2
    Did you buy that finally? Which dealer offered this?
  • wclarkjr1wclarkjr1 Member Posts: 19
    Got a price of $28,598 for 2009 XLE V6 with Navigation & Smart Key. Price includes everything except TTL. Is this a good price?

Also are folks saying that the 2010 will be available in April 09?

Thanks.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Also are folks saying that the 2010 will be available in April 09?

Well, the '07 was available in Feb. 06 and '09 was available in Feb. 08. I'm not sure about '08.
    Got a quote for $23K out the door? Is this good price? Please respond. Thank you!!
  • w_rhymew_rhyme Member Posts: 2
    lowest quote i got from PA $19000+6% tax+200 fees which i think is still high
  • brygobrygo Member Posts: 12
    If the information from this board about 2010 model is correct, the four cylinders model is going to have most of the improvements, larger displacement, six speed automatic, plus an update front and rear. I don't see much improvement in the V6 model since it already has an excellent V6 and 6 speed automatic.
    Yes, new 2.5L I4 engine, new transmission, and electric power steering. V6 will see no change.
    Is this quote for Camry LE with moonroof?

I got a dealer here in North Hollywood, CA telling me the out-the-door price is $23K and I emailed him that its too expensive so I will just wait until 2010 model is out then I can buy 2009 for a bargain. Then, he emailed me back asking how much can money I'm willing to spend on a new car. I thought of telling him $19K out the door but affraid he might feel that I'm low balling him.

What do you think?
  • w_rhymew_rhyme Member Posts: 2
    mine is without moonroof, just basic LE, I think 23K is too high, I don't think they will do 19K OTD, but you can try to see what he replies you.
  • tintintesttintintest Member Posts: 7
    Thanks. Decide to wait a little longer. Dealer wouldn't budge.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    Can some one give me the price range +/- $300 for a Camry SE w/o any additional option in Houston, Texas? Also what's about '08 vs. '09 difference price-wise? Thanks a bunch.
  • james108james108 Member Posts: 34
    $20k before tax+ttl for it on the newspapers in North Ca.
    can you give me the delaer name who is offering 20k for V6LE? Also, did you find any good deal for camry LE,XLE,SE? thanks
  • james108james108 Member Posts: 34
    I saw both Fremont and Capitol Toyota have ad saying $20k for V6 LE. Almost all dealers post $18+K for the V4 LE. As for XLE and SE, go with the ad for $4k off MRSP.
  • shyvtguyshyvtguy Member Posts: 5
    Anybody get any deals on a se v6 in houston or texas. If yes please share. Thanks
  • dealsearcher1dealsearcher1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a Camry Hybrid with ESC and wonder where I can buy it for the best price. I see from the entry below that some are getting the LE version for a good price (quote was from Oct 25 2008):

"What's OTD? I was negotiating for a 2009 camry se today and the dealers said they would sell the LE for $18,500 but I think you might be able to get it for $18,000. Check Toyota nashua and Norwood.
    Has anyone from Boston get a 2009 Camry SE lately? How much did you pay for it?"

Has anyone bought the combination Camry + Hybrid + ESC and if so, what was paid for it? Or otherwise, what are the typical mark-ups from say the LE for the Hybrid or for the ESC (which apparantly is no statndard yet in the US).

Thanks,
    Base 2009 LE I-4's, are advertised daily in the newspaper now for 17,388 in Raleigh.

I'm sure they'll tack on admin fee, and then of course the tax/title/dmv'.