Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gabbogabbo Member Posts: 35
    I don't get it....I'm not getting any dealers to go south of 20K on 2009s or 2010 LE's here in DFW?!?!?!?!?

Can't figure out why. I'm looking for cars in stock. I'm paying a straight cash deal. I'm not playing hardball or being an a-hole. Seems like it would be an easy deal for one of the many DFW Toyota dealers.
  • sam1985sam1985 Member Posts: 12
    I am getting a LE Camry 2010 with leather seats for $21500+TTL. Is it too much????
    I think you are right. i am from dallas also. one of the dealer quoted me 21500+TTL for LE 2010 Camry with leather seat. Seems like it to tough to find a better deal in texas
    Does you car have leather seats??
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    On the 09's you should be able to get between $5000-6000 off MSRP as I've seen a dealer in Austin and San Antonio, now granted both have options that bloat the MSRP to around $24,000 but none the less that puts them around $18500 or so.
    i agree with you. i am shopping around for LE 2010 with leather seat. one of the dealer quoted me CE camry (leather seat) 19800+TTL and LE (leather seat 21500). All these prices include $1000 rebate that toyota have valid until 8/3
    send me details of your purchase at riz_md@hotmail.com
    Hey when you bought the car under cash for clunker program did they reimburse you on 'scrap value" or they just reimburse $3500?
  • bjfromsdbjfromsd Member Posts: 5
    Mike,

Where do you live in CA? Do you mind to share the dealer info? my email address is bjfromsd@yahoo.com.

This is great price for a 2010 Camry LE Automatic. I am in Southern CA, and the best price that I can get is $19,800 plus tax and fee.
    i think it is a great deal. I am been offered $19800+TTL on this car here in dallas texas.
  • smartshoppermasmartshopperma Member Posts: 17
    "Cash for Clunkers" goes into effect on 7/24 and I am planning on taking delivery of my car after that date. As far as I know they will be deducting just the $3,500 from my purchase price of my Camry LE. Do you know if they are supposed to give "scrap value" in addition to $3,500?

No, my Camry LE does not have leather seats or any other options except Carpet Trunk Mat Set which I didn't want but every car comes with it.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Do you know if they are supposed to give "scrap value" in addition to $3,500?

I think it's either not both.
  • Gatorfan123Gatorfan123 Member Posts: 37
    Actually you get both the rebate and the scrap value.

"The program requires the scrapping of your eligible trade-in vehicle, and that the dealer disclose to you an estimate of the scrap value of your trade-in. The scrap value, however minimal, will be in addition to the rebate, and not in place of the rebate."

http://www.cars.gov

I am planning on trading a 20 year old MB 420 sel for Camry Hybrid. I am in the process of checking scrap value quotes. Just to make sure the dealer doesn't low ball the scrap value and pocket the difference.
  • smartshoppermasmartshopperma Member Posts: 17
    Thank you for the information. Until I read your post I had not realized that the dealer is supposed to give me the scrap value. How are you checking for scrap value of your MB?
    As my understanding, they are suppose to reimburse scrap value of the car inaddition to $3500. They cant cheat you because the law requires them to disclose the scrap value as well. I dont think scrap value of mini van such as windstar ford would exceed $100, BUT in today's economy every penny matter. Following is what i found on cars.gov
    "The program requires the scrapping of your eligible trade-in vehicle, and that the dealer disclose to you an estimate of the scrap value of your trade-in. The scrap value, however minimal, will be in addition to the rebate, and not in place of the rebate."

Also, if any of you figure out about the scrap value let me know how much maximum a person would get on scrap value??? Any ideas????
    I used google and found a couple of sites. Also, looked up some numbers in my phone book. I haven't gotten any calls yet. Just did it this morning.

I guess it depends on the vehicle, but used parts on the MB still have a lot of value. However, don't get me wrong, my expectations are around another $500 or so.
  • piccopicco Member Posts: 1
    Check your 7/17/2009 newspaper, Toyota of Dallas has only one 2010 Camry LE for $18,495. Sales end 12PM 7/18/2009. :)
    there is only one car for this price. no one knows what color it is. there will be many like us to bid on that car for that price. i am sure this is just thr way to get business from all the customers and want all of us to be thr so that they can prey on us....what u think??
  • buyacamrybuyacamry Member Posts: 2
    Bjfromsd,

From your screen name seems you are from SanDiego? I am here too, looking for a good deal for the same 2010 Camry LE Automatic. If Mike send you the dealer info., do you mind sharing with me? My e-mail is chen.jason99@yahoo.com. Maybe we can buy together be able to cut a really good deal ?
  • buyacamrybuyacamry Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mike,

This sounds like a great price ! Is this price before or after the $500 "Loyalty Cash for current Toyota owner" ?
    I am looking for the same 2010 LE antomatic. Do you mind sharing the dealer information? My e-mail is chen.jason99@yahoo.com.
  • bjfromsdbjfromsd Member Posts: 5
    Buyacamry,

Mike didn't reply me yet. Yes. I agree that we can buy together. Check your email, please.
  • tjc5401tjc5401 Member Posts: 1
    Hello skboston

Sent you email for information on 2010 Camry. Thanks
    hey did u figure out about the scrap value? One of the junkyard person told me it is $30 per ton and the van is about 1 ton so the value of the scrap will be about $100 because they will sell the parts. Any more details will be appreciated.
  • shaopengsunshaopengsun Member Posts: 17
    Never believe this Dealer.
    why what happen??? did you actually went to this dealer?? Detailss please!!! email me at riz_md@hotmail.com
    Here is where I mistaken. When they said scrap, I thought the car would go to the junkyard, be stripped, and unused metal crush. Since my MB 420sel has never been in an accident, I figured they would even reuse the door panels, trunk, and engine and tranny. However, reading into the program, most of the vehicle has to be crushed including the engine and drivetrain. So the scrap value does in fact be minimal.

As far as quotes,I person quoted me $1500. However, I believe he is under the assumption it can be parted out.

Another person said to just scrap the car. Around $200 to $300.
  • chris789chris789 Member Posts: 37
    I'm looking at a camry le without any extra options for $18,988(includes destination of $750)+fees and wanted to know if this is a good price? I'm in Santa Clara county in California.

Chris
  • patriclygpatriclyg Member Posts: 3
    Count me in. I'm at bay area as well. The best deal I got over the phone is $18777 plus TTL. My email is patriclyg@hotmail.com. Thanks.
  • ppmmppmm Member Posts: 12
    Hi guys,

I just moved to MD a few days ago from MA. I plan to pick up a new car soon. But my insurance is still from MA. Do I need to change my insurance to MD in order to buy and register my car in MD ? Do I need to have full coverage to buy a new car? When should I change my driver license ?

Thanks,

JP
  • atlien3atlien3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi folks,

I am interested in the 2010 Camry SE, 4cyl AT. I'd like to add just the Navigation system. No dealers currently have this in inventory, so it would have to be ordered direct from the factory with a wait time of about 8 weeks.

My question is, how much can I realistically negotiate off the price of a car that is ordered straight from the factory? I've received quotes via email between $24,900-$25,300 invoice.

Thanks,
    AE
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I just recently test drove a loaded 2010 Camry V6 XLE w/Nav. I asked the salesman during the test drive if the controls/buttons on the steering wheel and ceiling (homelink) illuminate at night like in the altima and accord and he told me that they do not. Later on back at the dealer, a sales manager told me that they do illuminate at night. The problem is I test drove the vehicle in the morning so I have no way of knowing if the lights illuminate or not. If anyone had bought or leased a 2010 SE or XLE could you please tell me if the steering wheel and ceiling buttons illuminate at night? Any information would be greatly helpful!!
  • yl242yl242 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, Guys,

I am looking for a 2010 Camry Auto Base or LE, the deal I got is 20K for Base, 21K for LE, plus tax, reg. and doc. fee. I wonder if you guys could recommend one around Louisville Area (we can go to Indianapolis or Cincinati, OH) :mad:
  • kfrohlichkfrohlich Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,
    I live in Houston, TX and am interested in a 2010 Toyota Camry. One of the local Toyota dealers in Houston has the following:

2010 Camry LE, V6
    MSRP: $24,565.00
    Delivery fee: $775.00
    Options:
    RS (Rear Spoiler): $303.00
    TZ (Trunk Organizer): $129.00
    P4 (Vehicle Shield Package): $349.00
    O3 (Owner Rewards Package): $1,126.00
    Total (MSRP): $28,051.00

What would be a good purchase price on this vehicle?

Also, is there anybody here who has recently bought a new vehicle from a Toyota dealer in Houston? Would you please share all the fees and sale taxes that you had to pay on top of the price of the vehicle? I would like to have this information in hand before I head to the dealer so I would not get srewed by the salesman.

Thanks,
    Kenny
    did anybody get the recent price quote on 2010 Camry LE for Costco?
  • austexaustex Member Posts: 62
    I got 2 quotes of around $28,000 and $27,500 + TTL for both on 2010 TCH with options FE,UP,S4,AU,P4,RD,O6,NC. I know FE is standard and i dont need some of the other. But inclined to keep UP and add leather and maybe spoiler.

What do you think about the quotes??
    $200 less than the regular price for costco member at bay area.
  • cfunncfunn Member Posts: 7
    We are currently looking for a Camry for our Daughter. We did purchase a Highlander last Nov. from Star Toyota in League City Texas. I was very happy with the deal and the way we were handled not pushed. My last purchase before that was at Champion Chevrolet/Toyota and you could not pay me enough to even go in their parking lot.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I just recently test drove a loaded 2010 Camry V6 XLE w/Nav. I asked the salesman during the test drive if the controls/buttons on the steering wheel and ceiling (homelink) illuminate at night like in the altima and accord and he told me that they do not. Later on back at the dealer, a sales manager told me that they do illuminate at night. The problem is I test drove the vehicle in the morning so I have no way of knowing if the lights illuminate or not. If anyone had bought or leased a 2010 SE or XLE could you please tell me if the steering wheel and ceiling buttons illuminate at night? Any information would be greatly helpful!!
  • kfrohlichkfrohlich Member Posts: 6
    The dealer's intial offer is $24471.00 +TT&L. Is this a good price?

Kenny
  • mspsoccermspsoccer Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a 2010 Camry SE (4 cyl, auto) with the base stereo option (not JBL) and all weather floor mats for $21,030 in Nebraska (excluding taxes). I took advantage of the $750 cash back, and the $1000 college student discount. Figure this was a pretty good deal based on some of these other posts! Had to wait a while to get it though, because the first one we ordered got struck by lightning on the transport! ...thinking of getting a vanity plate that reads #2 !!!
  • dennis93dennis93 Member Posts: 2
    there's 31 miles on it, has preferred acc package which is basically mats for 200 and the body moulding. idk how much the moulding is. the deal was $19,300 out the door tax, title, doc fees, registration, everything. it has NO keyless entry which is only thing im worried about. its silver by the way. is 19300 a good deal out the door? that 19300 is including the $1500 toyota rebate.
  • dennis93dennis93 Member Posts: 2
    by the way this is for the virginia beach, va area. i no a dealership offering a 2010 camry ce for $19k but that is not out the door not including anytthing. the dealer fees alone are $500 here. does anyone know the invoice on a 2009 base auto camry? or a 2010 base camry. the only diff. here is that idk if i should pay around $600-$1000 more for a 2010 for 10 more horses and a 6 speed auto tranny? would you? i mean the mileage is almost the same. help!! i am buying it tomorrow night
    Thank you for your reply. For "the regular price", you mean MSRP, Invoice, or Edmunds TMV?
  • ram5014ram5014 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone recently purchase a New Camry either a 09' or 2010 in the NW Oregon or SW Wa. area. Just wondering how much off of MSRP we are getting now.
  • mathewghomathewgho Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I live over in central mass, my mother needs to buy a car in the next week b/c of a car accident. She has decided on a Camry, I do well with negotiating, but I hate spending 2-3 hours in a room with three suits just to get my price. A Camry LE would be excellent, is there a way to get the same price you did, 19,600 (TTL included) without the hassle I'd be thrilled.

I have only purchased Honda up to this point so I know some of the Honda dealers but I don't have any experience with Toyota dealers.

any help?

Thank you,

Mathew (madmatman@yahoo.com)
  • yankee2323yankee2323 Member Posts: 1
    I'm buying a new 2009 TCH with leather and upgrade package (no nav, no sunroof) for $25,300 (includes the $2000 manuf cash discount), plus tax and $250 doc fee. Does that sound like a good deal? Thanks.
    Invoice
  • renew2renew2 Member Posts: 23
    Just bought a Camry SE 4cyl 2010
    Options
    Leather
    Sunroof
    Rear Spoiler
    Tint
    Nightvision mirror with compass
    Sport Conv Package
    Owner Rewards

Paid $23,500
  • austexaustex Member Posts: 62
    $23,500 + TTL?
  • chunhualichunhuali Member Posts: 9
    Hi Does anyone know this "Cash For Chunkers" policy? I have an 1998 Toyota Camry, if I trade it for a hybrid, will my car be qualified? I thought only cars wiht <18MPG are qualfied, right?