Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    This is not the place to discuss this, but I have said it way too many times - this can happen to ANY car, given the right circumstances. Why did this get so big - because of the cell phone call - big media event, big news, big ratings, big income.

How many times do I have to say it - use the hooks, and don't stack up mats, and there will be NO problems. I know many people want you to believe otherwise. I have two Camrys, and I will continue to use the mats properly. I will not have the recall done, because it is NOT necessary. The recall is to completely idiot proof the car from people who choose not to use the hooks and stack up the mats. What's next? I fell down the stairs one time, so I guess we need to recall all stairwells and make a safety net to catch you in case you start falling down.??
  • jsmith22jsmith22 Member Posts: 23
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    looks like somebody work at toyota delership.
    so you are saying that people are not using hooks and stacking up the mats in toyotas only and all the people who do not own toyota's are using hooks and thats why not having any problem. read the blogs and search articles, the consultant in MA has found almost 2000 incidents related to this problem.

you are so confident about your solution of 'using the HOOKS' that even toyota is not that confident about it and asking dealers to reduce the size of pedals and redesign them along with installing the Break assist system in every model from jan 2010.

don't try to shrug the discussion under the rug by pretending to be the wise guy.
    I am also in the market of buying a camry and had a camry for last 11 years(excellent car, love it!! ) but when things like this come up, you have to research and find out. of course toyotas are one of the best cars and they will live up to their reputation no matter what improvement they might have to do to resolve this issue.
  • brad7939brad7939 Member Posts: 2
    Happy Thanks GIving, It's funny that I am looking to buy the exact same car, 2010 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder. I live in Maryland too, $19000 sounds like a good deal to me, can you tell me the name and location of the dealer where you bought your Camry? Thanks, hope you enjoy your new ride. :)
  • jasonbocajasonboca Member Posts: 3
    got Camry 2010 at Oct 31th, auto, base model + "keyless entry" option + car mat, out of door: $20,500 ( include TTL, Dealer fee, every thing...)
    this is in south Florida.
  • brad7939brad7939 Member Posts: 2
    Hope you enjoy your new ride, I wish that we have a generous dealer in MD as yours so I do not have to go around the town trying to find the best deal. Hopefully, I can get my camry at the end of this month. Can someone recommend me a dealer in MD? I LOVE CAMRY
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    www.fitzmall.com

in Gaithersburg, MD

check website, good prices
  • briborbribor Member Posts: 6
    Last week I leased an SE (Black with black leather) with the V6, Sport Leather Package, JBL with 8 speakers, floor mats, Moonroof and Rear Spoiler Package for $27,200. MF converted to an interest rate of less than one half of one percent. Payment of $339 including tax (CA rate of 9.25%) with 0 in cap cost reduction and including GAP insurance. Lease of 12K miles per year for 3 years. Was this a good deal? According to Edmunds true value and one other site it came out as a pretty average deal...but MF was incredible compared to other car companies I looked at (Nissan at about 3.9%).
    Wrong, I don't work for anything automotive, never have. I have said this hundreds of times. The pedals being reduced in size and the smart pedal (brake cancels the accelerator) are to make as sure as possible that nothing happens like the California incident again. With these fixes, people can stack up mats and not secure their floor mats and still have a good chance of being okay. Understand?

don't try to shrug the discussion under the rug by pretending to be the wise guy.

Never did anything like that, just presenting the "other side" of the story. The side many here (the haters) want you to believe is that Toyota is pure evil, and the worst company in the world. I'm convinced that they hope and pray daily that everything goes wrong for Toyota - sad. I don't post crap about other makers, because I see no need to, and I hope all makers do well.

The consultant in MA is an ambulance-chaser.
  • lishafislishafis Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I am leasing a 2010 Camry LE with a V6 and moonroof package. I am paying nothing out of pocket except $100 - $200 in DMV fees and my first months payment. My monthly payment is $250 for 36 months, 12,000 miles/year. Is this a good deal? If the region makes a difference, this was in NYC.

Thanks
  • serveace6serveace6 Member Posts: 29
    I'm looking at either a 2010 Camry LE V6 (Currently have a 2005 LE V6) and a 2010 Honda Accord EX V6. Seeing how my friend got it recently for about 25K OTD, these XLE deals and making me think. For about about 26k OTD, the XLE would definitely blow the Accord our of the way. Is this a price I can look for in SoCal? Also, if this are the prices for an XLE, how low do you think I can get a LE for? I got my current 2005 LE V6 for about ~20K OTD almost 5 years ago.
  • cintiwestguycintiwestguy Member Posts: 10
    Wife is interested in purchasing or leasing. We are in Cinti. Ohio and would love some guidance in what would be good deals for this vehicle. Best OTD price or a 36 mos, 12k/yr lease ,$0 down.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Will we get an answer from bob292?
  • thekingtheking Member Posts: 107
    I want to buy a 10 Camry xle..0% for 60 months...does the dealer have to give up profit in the car because he has to pay for the 0% on his bottom line ?? No dealer will tell me the truth on this matter (Did I expect it...NO !) :confuse:
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    If the 0.0% is being offered by Toyota Financial Services in your region the dealer does not have to give up any profit. Most of the time, you will give up any cash incentives to take the 0.0%. Invoice at 0.0% should be fair for you and the dealer. They get to keep holdback and you get the special financing that will save you thousands more than the cash rebate.
  • chuks2chuks2 Member Posts: 8
    :surprise: would you please let me know the dealer name and the price ?
    Thanks
  • joshua1742joshua1742 Member Posts: 3
    I live in wahsington and tax is about 9%
    that price includes 750 rebate but I am going to use 60months 1.9 apr
    does it sound good?
    If I dont use 750 rebate, OTD will be about 23300

option is only floor mats
  • spidey126spidey126 Member Posts: 9
    After about 5-6 months of research, Went to World Toyota in Atlanta, GA dealership, was quoted on a 2010 Camry LE 4 cyl Automatic, MSRP $23,370. This is LE with no extra bells and whistles.

This is what I got: Negotiated deal: With a 1K College grad rebate, Price paid: $18,100.08 plus (6% tax +$589 doc +$21 title) with 0.9% 60 months. No extra bells and whistles added nor needed. Total came to $19,891.

Not sure how this compares, Any thoughts/comments?
    by the way, anyone wants more details or planning to swing by, I can refer you to the sales rep, just IM me.
  • garpgarp Member Posts: 4
    spidey

what all proof did you need to qualify for the grad rebate? My wife is graduating soon. Want to make sure we have all the paperwork needed.

thanks
  • chuks2chuks2 Member Posts: 8
    Any one got good deals Camry LE in NJ ? Price and dealer ?

Thanks
    Just a copy of diploma. But if she hasn't graduated yet, then you need to send copy of official transcripts.
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    spidey, im looking for the same exact car, and qualify for grad rebate too. wow what great timing, can you send me salespersons name. my email is vinodc@gmail.com

in case edumnds wont let me write it that way, its vinodc at gmail.com
  • joshua1742joshua1742 Member Posts: 3
    I requested qoute for 2010 camry LE to several dealers in washington
    and average OTD price was 22500 after 750 rebate. However, today on dealer suggested that he can sell it for 20950 and it doesn't include 750$ rebate. He said he had to go home today so contact him tomorrow. Does dealers lie to bring customers to dealership?? and change what they said?
  • corolla_e11corolla_e11 Member Posts: 18
    Hi joshua1742,

I mean the dealer is not pointing a gun behind you head to force you to sign right?

Make sure you read all the verbal agreements on the paper before signing any paper. If It doesn't match what he said earlier or other way just walk out. you're not oblige to buy from that dealership.
  • sen79sen79 Member Posts: 3
    Looks like they are reducing the price as they are getting closer to the year end. I live in Tampa and last week i received quote for 2010 Camry LE with extra value package (Alloy wheels) and Carpets for $21,660.00 (OTD). Today they called up and reduced the price for to $20,242.00(OTD). This seems to be a good deal :) If they bind to the quote i am planning to buy it this weekend.
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    hi folks,i put in a email quote for a 2010 camry base model with 6sp manual trans.
    i figure i can save a few bucks by getting the base model as compared to the LE edition.anyway,the msrp for the 2010 camry base model with 6sp manual is
    $20,100.00 and the invoice price according to edmunds.com is around $18,000.00.
    what should i consider to be a reasonable price for this car?
    I have a 2010 Camry base 6 speed manual - nice car. I don't care about having a power seat, and not having keyless is not a problem. If it was, you could add it for about $200. The only negative is rev hang, but all new cars with manuals have this - helps reduce emissions. The invoice is $17,938 + $750 destination = $18,688. I'd say $19,000 tops, plus tax, doc fees, registration, etc. Just be careful if the doc fees are too high (no more than $150) - if they are, then go lower than $19,000. Depending on what part of the country you buy it in, there may be a factory rebate and/or financing deals. A factory rebate will reduce the price below $19,000.

One other thing - what part of the country are you in? Some parts do not carry the base model, so it would be harder (and more $) if you tried to buy there, because the dealer would have to order or do a trade - always better if they have one on the lot already. Use the Edmunds new inventory search to look for a manual around your zip code.

PS - the floor mat issue is NOT a problem if you use the hooks and use only one mat, like the owner's manual has said all along. Some people hope (pray) that it is an electronic problem, but there is NO evidence supporting it. I still have the all-weather mats in the 2007 Camry and the 2010, and they NEVER move and there is no way they could interfere with the pedals. Toyota is only guilty of having too small of a space between the floor and the bottom of the pedal, which is NOT a problem unless you put mats on top of mats. They are being very proactive by modifying the pedals AND adding software to cancel the accelerator pedal depression if the brake is on at the same time. Again, some people that hate Toyota are hoping and trying to convince people that it is a big problem.
    New 2010 Camry LEs come with keyless?
    LEs come with keyless.
    Wait, are we talking about entry or starting?
    Keyless entry.
  • cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    I wanted a base model manual, but they are hard to find. According to the dealer, the manual runs almost $1000 under a base model Auto.There are base model autos to be had for $18,000. I would say $18000 + TTL would be a good price, again if you can find one! If you can travel, look up Milton Ruben in Augusta, GA. I got my Camry from them a few weeks back, and it was $18,000 including all the rebates.
    it was $18,000 including all the rebates

That's true, a manual is almost $1,000 less than an auto MSRP. You could look it up to be certain. Manuals CAN be found, if you really want one.

So what were the rebates? That needs to be known to compare "apples to apples."
    Yes, manuals can be found, but they are few and far apart. If you have the luxury of time, or can afford the search cost/time, you might be able to find one. I got the $1000 finance credit and a college grad credit. Between the two of them it compensated adequately to go with an Auto, and I couldn't wait much longer to replace my car.
    The Internet sales manager (Bumpus) at Milton Ruben was great in every way and we were able to work everything out over the phone/fax. I spent less than 1 hour picking up the car at the dealership. It was the best car dealership experience I have had!
    The only flaw, was a small (>$50) error in calculating TTL - can't blame them, they were selling to an out-of-state buyer and there might have been some guess work involved on their part.
    Yes, manuals can be found, but they are few and far apart. If you have the luxury of time, or can afford the search cost/time, you might be able to find one.

It is not hard at all to find a manual, or any specific Camry - just use Edmunds -
    Edmunds Inventory Search ***

It only takes a few hours at the most doing on-line searches, emails, etc, and costs nothing.

Now, the hard part is if you did not live near a dealer that had one, but you can overcome that too, if you want one! You can take a plane, train, etc. and have the dealer pick you up at the station or airport. You can work out the whole deal over the phone or email, and just go and pick it up.

*** Edmunds can send me a check for promoting their website ;)
    my local toyota dealership down here in hollywood,fla has 5 camry base models with the 6sp manual tranny.no more 5sp manual according to toyota.3 of the cars are in the gold exterior color and 2 are white exterior.iam looking at the gold color which is pretty nice.hopefully the price will be right.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    How bout a big ol Attaboy! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I looked for a manual for about 2 weeks in the St. Louis area, and none of the dealers had any and were unable to even have one sent for me from another mid-western dealer. I had a couple of dealers tell me that they don't even have access to base models. It certainly depends on the market and YMMV.
  • boeayaboeaya Member Posts: 14
    can anybody share their out of state purchase experience with Fitzmall for camry?

I have found their internet price is very attractive but wanted to learn more from the actual buyer.
    TIA.
  • pcdriverpcdriver Member Posts: 1
    I received a quote of $20,800 + tax, title, tag for a 2010 Camry LE with 0.9% for 60 months. Is this a decent offer at this time of the year or should I continue to shop around?
    I think if you read back thru this forum, you will find a couple of folks who have documented their out of state purchase experiences from Fitzmall. All were very complimentary, easy, and quick.

I would have no qualms. I am out of state, but have a business location across the street from their dealership, and have stopped by to check them out a couple of times. I also have a brother in the area who has purchased from them locally, as well as a number of local business associates.

To me, they are the standard to which I evaluate any other dealership and 'deal'. In my opinion, if all of the dealerships handle sales the way they do, the car industry would have a much better reputation. I have found it very comforting in visiting local dealerships, I just don't put up with any of the local sales crap that might get pulled.....I know I have a solid Fitz offer in my back pocket. Any local trickery, and I just walk.
  • daveqdaveq Member Posts: 20
    About a month ago I bought a camry from them and that was by far the best new car buying experience I've ever had. Sealed the deal over a few emails and phone calls. Internet salesperson I dealt with is honest and provided very good service; up front with incentives available, no sales bs or 'hidden' numbers/charges prior to or even when I was at the dealership to pick up the car. Will highly recommend them.

For out of state buyers who are interested, this is how my entire deal process went: The car I wanted was shown as "on order" on their website. Emailed to express my interest, salesrep replied in email with information. Walked through registration, sales tax, etc. for NJ buyer like myself. Asked and was told a date when the car would arrive on dealership lot (and it did on that day!). Placed $99 to have a first right of refusal and to take the website listing down (this $99 was later applied to the purchase price. Was told in email refundable at anytime, before or after viewing car. Anyway I charged it so no worries there). After car arrived on lot, did credit application on their website. Salesrep told me to expect two calls from Financing (basically to sell extended warranties and accessories.). Very polite and not too pushy, I declined both. They fedex all document to me. Took a train down to DC and hopped on metro to the station near the dealership. Took a cab $16 (if u took a particular company cab u can get a voucher from Fitzmall to pay for fare but I didnt) to dealership. Met salesrep, looked at my car, went through paperworks, financing, etc., and off I drove. Car was detailed and only had 4 miles on it. No other fee except a processing/doc fee of $99. If you do not need financing and would rather do vehicle registration yourself then fee is $16 or something for a temp tag. Anyway all these was clearly stated and explained in one of the emails to me prior to me making the trip down. Btw dont think u can negotiate further from their listed internet price. Also that price is inclusive of all available incentives in Maryland. Sales tax is paid to your place of residence so I have to pay NJ sales tax of 7%.

Hope this information helps. :)
    if you can do without keyless remote entry and a few others features found on the camryLE i would consider going with the camry base model with 6sp manual trans.you can probably save a couple grand off the purchase price compared to the LE model.down here in hollywood,fla i just recieved a email quote for a 2010 toyota camry base model with the 6sp manual trans.msrp was $20,100.00 and final quote was for $18,000.00 plus TTT.i think this is a fair price.car is in gold exterior color.
    Did the $18,000 include the $750 destination charge?
    it is at $25,221 then apply the $500 Owner Loyalty Rebate = $24,7221 + TTL = $26,634.61.
    This is in TX. the car is equiped with vehicle shield package, XLE Extra Value Package 2, color keyed side key moulding, and CF carpet mat set. according to my calculation the price of the car with the loyalty rebate should be around $24,138,25 + TTL (around $26k OTD).
    but the dealer not willing to give further discount over the price they gave me. should I get it? :confuse:
  • lonestar4lonestar4 Member Posts: 11
    What's the MSRP?
    MSRP is $28,158
    Leather XLE, MSRP 27,545 for 23,482

Doesn't have the moulding, doesn't include the rebate which would lower it further.
  • inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    Camry LE + Alloy Wheels for $ 21300 (including Dest) + Tax Title + 2150 $ (for platinum warranty - 8 yr 125000 mile warranty).
    given toyota's reputation for reliability and dependability i don't know if it is a good idea shelling out another couple grand for a extended warranty when most likely you won't have any major problems with the car when the basic warranty expires.
    if you were opting for a less reliable brand such as maybe chevy,kia,pontiac,ect i would say go for the extended warranty but this is just my opinion.personaly if it were me i would use the extra 2 thousand for upgrades to the camry such as maybe nicer rims and wheels,maybe some interior upgrades ect...stereo,speakers..